Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, way2interested said:

Side note and very off-topic, I'm still growing more interested in 514 even though I know next-to-nothing about it. Last sweeps episode, interesting title, and now filming at a random snowy location at "night," idk it's probably because it's only the aesthetic stuff and none of the plot stuff hinted yet but I'm always curious when I don't know what's going to happen (good or bad).

TVB says Feb sweeps is Thursday, Feb 2 - Wednesday,  Mar 1 which makes sweeps episodes 5.12 - 5.15.

On mobile so I can't seem to link.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

The biggest problem I have with Claybourne is it holds no value. The more they delay the unveiling the more anticipation they build. If we can't recognize the person then I don't think the big reveal will work. I would also find it super random if this Claybourne person can find and be taken in by the LOA. Tommy was told about them by his father.

It may not have worked to get CD for the 100th but that doesn't mean they couldn't make it for the finale.

I really hope it isn't some random person. That would be so disappointing.

Exactly. It's why I found the 509 "reveal" so disappointing. I just kept thinking, "really?" throughout the entire episode. Maybe if Prometheus had been unmasked, it wouldn't have been as bad (but still pretty bad)? But the fact that they're saying, oh, it's this Claybourne guy but not showing him yet? There has to be something else going on. (Please let there be something else going on.) 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The biggest problem I have with Claybourne is it holds no value. The more they delay the unveiling the more anticipation they build. If we can't recognize the person then I don't think the big reveal will work. I would also find it super random if this Claybourne person can find and be taken in by the LOA. Tommy was told about them by his father.

It may not have worked to get CD for the 100th but that doesn't mean they couldn't make it for the finale.

I really hope it isn't some random person. That would be so disappointing.

Malcolm's unknown son. :-) JB's back for the end of the season. Thea has a new half-brother so that's when her story starts. Jk

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

TVB says Feb sweeps is Thursday, Feb 2 - Wednesday,  Mar 1 which makes sweeps episodes 5.12 - 5.15.

On mobile so I can't seem to link.

Weird, where I saw Feb sweeps is Jan 26-Feb 22, but then again I mainly went off Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings

Although I think I found what you were talking about: https://www.tvb.org/Portals/0/media/file/Nielsen_Local_Survey_Dates_2016-17.pdf

so that's probably right, since it follows the normal pattern.

Edited by way2interested

Um, Felicity has been involved in Oliver's mission(s) to take down the bad guys since S1...

Laurel Lance's Return Is Further Teased In Synopsis For ARROW Season 5, Episode 10
Josh Wilding 1/6/2017
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/laurel-lances-return-is-further-teased-in-synopsis-for-arrow-season-5-a147940

It's thought that Talia al Ghul will also appear on this episode of Arrow, so we may finally be about to get some definitive answers about whoever is beneath Prometheus' mask. Some fans probably won't be happy to hear that Felicity is getting involved with Oliver's mission to take the villain down, but it makes sense after what she went through! What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts below. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

They've conveniately forgotten how Felicity was the one to tell Oliver to take out Slade, Ras Al Ghul, and Damuen Dahrk 

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That shouldn't even be in the article. 

It's all part of the Felicity/Olicity fans are crazy whiners narrative they try to spin

• Love 4

To me there are two or three possibilities for the villiain: Either the audience knows the character and cares about him/her and therefore will be really surprised/shocked once the mask comes off or it is someone random/someone from past seasons that the audience has no emotional connection to which would be underwhelming. Maybe the audience will just be like 'meh' at the end. 

Then again not having any emotional connection as a viewer to characters seems to be a thing this season. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Some fans probably won't be happy to hear that Felicity is getting involved with Oliver's mission to take the villain down, but it makes sense after what she went through! What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts below. 

I think you're full of it, some random dudebro blogger from the internet. It's not like Felicity is one of the main characters that help Green Arrow from season 1 and inspire him and being an actual badass all on her own...

• Love 15

I'm sure some fans won't be happy to hear Felicity is getting involved in Oliver's mission, you know, like she has been since early season 1.  But those are the fans who want her dead.  It's there in the comments.

• Love 16

Yeah she's just been there every season directly involved in stopping literally every villain that showed up to the point that she actually depowered Slade so that Oliver can even fight him. But sure it's really a new thing that Felicity is involved in taking down villains lol. 

• Love 20

I love how they singled it out for mention and asked for comments on it too, like hey guys, just in case you're not sure what to direct your complaints about wrt Felicity in this article see here 

Edited by lexicon
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I guess now that Laurel is gone and they can't push for the Black Canary, all that's left is the Felicity hate.

Let's be real they get more hits from talking about Felicity hate then they do talking about Black Canary love

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 15

Sooo, not only is it not good enough that Felicity is not currently Oliver's Love Interest, she shouldn't even get her season one on? Her first scenes? What is she supposed to do? (Apart from die I guess) one line of (non threatening) comic relief per ep and disappear?

• Love 2

A thriller is only as good as its villain, and if in fact this is Claybourne's son, it would be a really weak villain.  Doesn't matter how intelligent or fierce Prometheus is, if the villain doesn't have an understandable mission, the plot and hero's journey falls apart.  I think Tommy could be interesting, as could earth-whatever Oliver battling himself.  I know Barrowman is showing up again, so I suppose it could be related to Merlyn, but I hope its not--Merlyn is no longer the threatening villain he was in season one.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I know Barrowman is showing up again, so I suppose it could be related to Merlyn, but I hope its not--Merlyn is no longer the threatening villain he was in season one.

I think that was the problem with casting JB as Malcolm. I love JB, I do, and I love seeing him on my TV screen, but dear god am I tired of Malcolm showing up. Wasn't he just there one moment and gone the next at the end of last season? I don't even remember where he was last seen in S4. He hasn't even been mentioned this year (and encountering him is probably something that Sara should call the team about, even though they have that special force field up that prevents the teams from talking outside crossover time), so I wonder if they've even thought about him in the writers' room beyond, "This is when we'll have JB available, so let's come up with some sort of story for Malcolm. Great!" 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think that was the problem with casting JB as Malcolm. I love JB, I do, and I love seeing him on my TV screen, but dear god am I tired of Malcolm showing up. Wasn't he just there one moment and gone the next at the end of last season? I don't even remember where he was last seen in S4. He hasn't even been mentioned this year (and encountering him is probably something that Sara should call the team about, even though they have that special force field up that prevents the teams from talking outside crossover time), so I wonder if they've even thought about him in the writers' room beyond, "This is when we'll have JB available, so let's come up with some sort of story for Malcolm. Great!" 

Same here. But if it does happen to be Tommy, if they can get CD back for even a small arc (difficult, but not impossible), then MAYBE a Malcolm storyline could revolve around...oh, I don't know, maybe the supposed death of his son and his hand in it? Maybe Tommy getting some revenge on dear old Daddy? That would be the dream. Also, Chicago Med had an episode last night and Colin was in it for all of five minutes out of the 40 minute episode, so it's quite possible that they could cut down his time on CM for a few episodes so he can film Arrow. 

I've stopped thinking about Tommy being Prometheus, which is sad because it would still be nice. The only problem is that he wouldn't be around for long and it would be such a tease to get Tommy back for such a short period of time. I'm still waiting for Chicago Med to be cancelled, but at the same time, I like that show and I like that Colin has a steady job, especially working with his wife. What I am hoping for is that they'll delay Chicago Med to midseason so Colin can make a three episode guest appearance for season six so there's no worry about working out scheduling. That would be the dream (apparently, that's my new catchphrase for this show). 

I honestly doubt it's Claybourne's son now because we haven't even met the guy, he doesn't seem like he's cast, and it feels lackluster. We might meet Claybourne's son down the road, but I think it'll be a major red herring. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I honestly doubt it's Claybourne's son now because we haven't even met the guy, he doesn't seem like he's cast, and it feels lackluster. We might meet Claybourne's son down the road, but I think it'll be a major red herring. 

I wonder if Prometheus might leave Claybourne's body staged for Oliver in an episode around 513-516 if he's not Prometheus. Maybe we'll even get another set of S1 flashbacks and Prometheus will use Claybourne's son to recreate another scene like 509. 

12 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Malcolm's unknown son. :-) JB's back for the end of the season. Thea has a new half-brother so that's when her story starts. Jk

Honesty something like this seems likely.  Maybe Robert's secret other son?

• Love 1

While once I thought it would be really neat if Prometheus were Tommy, it's lost its allure for me because it seems so old at this point.  It's been talked about too much, it's no longer exciting.  And while people have argued that since Prometheus has been masked all this time, played by stuntman #3 so Colin Donnell can easily take some time off from Chicago Med, for that reason it seems manipulative to me.  Although it would explain why Malcolm knew that putting Sara in the Pit wouldn't have the desired results.

I'm all for secret sons, whether Malcolm's or Robert's. Maybe that was one of the wrongs Robert wanted Oliver to right.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm all for secret sons, whether Malcolm's or Robert's. Maybe that was one of the wrongs Robert wanted Oliver to right

Maybe Clayborne's secret son was foreshadowing of the real secret son?

• Love 1

There are a really limited number of choices if you don't want Prometheus to be someone just introduced this season or not yet introduced.  Tommy is unlikely, I still think. Malcolm is an overused villain.  Slade Wilson is also unlikely, not to mention he's so "been there, done that."  Who's left?  

We previously speculated that Prometheus was Adrian Chase, but I think that's unlikely since he's probably the Vigilante and the Vigilante doesn't know that Oliver is the Green Arrow.

Justin Claybourne's son could be someone that was already introduced this season under a different name. That's why I thought that maybe Detective Malone was really Claybourne's son and somehow faked his own death. Otherwise, Prometheus is going to be someone who we haven't even met yet or hasn't been cast yet.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

You know the sad thing about Prometheus is that no matter who is revealed, they won't be as cool as Michael Dorn. It's the bright side to delaying the reveal; We get to keep Wolf's voice for awhile longer.

• Love 3

How's this for an out there theory involving a secret son? Prometheus is future William, who time-traveled (and was maybe brainwashed - by time-traveling Malcolm?) and hates Oliver for some reason. He did his homework, so he could stage the Claybourne scene. He even put Billy in the suit so that technically, it was right name, wrong person when Oliver killed him. 

• Love 4

More to add on my crackpot theory - In the years between escaping the island and Slade coming back to Star City, he was obsessed with Oliver Queen, obsessively talked about him to his kids all the time, and trained his children to fight him mentally and physically.  

Prometheus is Slade's son, Joe or Grant - known to be a strong fighter, would also make sense he got the sword-fighting training from Slade, ninja skills from Talia, archery deliberately to counter Oliver.  Slade's son has been mentioned in the show.

Tina is Rose Wilson, Slade's daughter - in the casting sides, Oliver mentioned "you're the best [fighter] I've ever seen...you anticipate the enemy better than anyone I've ever seen," which would make sense for Rose Wilson because in comics, she has the ability to see a few seconds ahead which allows her to easily react/counter attacker movements.  Her canary cry could be something they've been able to add to attract Oliver's attention and once again manipulate Oliver.

Slade's children would know that Laurel and Felicity are where they can hit Oliver the hardest mentally, so they distance Felicity from Oliver by having him kill Malone and continually reminding Oliver of Laurel's death so that he can be broken by guilt and easily manipulated.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 4

This is somewhat off-topic, but I post it here because it alludes to Tina...

I watched the season premiere of Sleepy Hollow last night and- aside from the gaping hole left by the loss of Nicole Beharie's Abbie Mills - I almost laughed when the new female lead character, Diana Thomas (played by Janina Gavankar), a Homeland Security agent, said that she was a former marine.  Hmm, a tall, slender brunette with long wavy hair, who's a tough law enforcement officer and former marine, and who's very skeptical of the male lead character. Sound familiar? I mean, you could basically switch Janina Gavankar and Juliana Harkavy between Arrow and Sleepy Hollow. *

(* Maybe if Janina Gavankar hadn't been cast on Sleepy Hollow, Arrow would've brought back McKenna Hall this season. McKenna could've moved from Coast City to Central City after she finished her physical therapy and been present during the Star Labs explosion, which gave her the metahuman Canary Cry.)

Also, Ichabod now has a team that includes two eager young people who, for some inexplicable reason, are in charge of a federal agency called The Vault that documents weird phenomena (even though they look like they're barely out of college). One is nerdy Jake Wells, who fanboys over Ichabod because Jake has been following the supernatural goings-on of Ichabbie. The other is blunt-talking Alex Norwood, who invents weapons and devices, but she's skeptical of anything that can't be proved by science. Jake and Alex are like a mash-up of Cisco, Curtis and Scully.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Sound familiar? I mean, you could basically switch Janina Gavankar and Juliana Harkavy between Arrow and Sleepy Hollow.

That's funny because Diana reminded me of Jocelyn Carter from Person of Interest, since she was a military interrogator in Iraq and was a working single mother. And the newbies from SH and the entire set up reminded me of Warehouse 13!

I wish Janina Gavrankar well in her new role but that episode of Sleepy Hollow reminded me why I dropped the show.  (Also Lyndie Greenwood is so much better than the newbies.)

Is "former Marine" now the codeword for "tough no-nonsense woman who is a good fighter"?  Could these willowy women make it through Marine training?

3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

How's this for an out there theory involving a secret son? Prometheus is future William, who time-traveled (and was maybe brainwashed - by time-traveling Malcolm?) and hates Oliver for some reason. He did his homework, so he could stage the Claybourne scene. He even put Billy in the suit so that technically, it was right name, wrong person when Oliver killed him. 

I want that, if only because it would highlight what an idiotic move Oliver made all by himself sending William away.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is "former Marine" now the codeword for "tough no-nonsense woman who is a good fighter"?  Could these willowy women make it through Marine training?

I feel like making characters former military is their way of eliminating needing to spend any time whatsoever on training. It's as simple as that. 

I can't wait to see how they explain trusting Tina with their identities after they just got screwed over by Evelyn. Sure, Prometheus knows who they are but what about trusting an anti-vigilante detective? Maybe it's all about Oliver trusting the wrong people: Evelyn betrays them to Prometheus, Susan could expose his Bratva past and Tina could expose the team's identities. Tina doesn't even need to be working for Prometheus for that. (I may just really want a good recurring female villain on this show.)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I still think that Prometheus is Oliver from another version of Earth.

Would be more interesting than some rando we are just getting introduced to.  My worst fear is that the son of Clayborne will be who Prometheus really and truly is.  

• Love 6

I'm really curious how they are going to make Prometheus matter.  Right now, if he's some rando like Claybourne's son, it's going to feel like a waste. If he's Oliver from another Earth, it will feel like a cheat to me unless they do a fantastic set-up.  Other Earths are a Flash thing.
And even  if they do a great set up, it still doesn't really come out of Oliver's actions in s1 as they keep promising. It's totally external.

11 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like making characters former military is their way of eliminating needing to spend any time whatsoever on training. It's as simple as that.

Good point.  At least they listened to that complaint. One point to them.

I think my biggest problem with the season right now is that I just don't are about Oliver. I'm not rooting for him to win, in fact after that ending of the last episode where no one cared about Felicity, I'm kind of rooting for him to lose.  Go, Prometheus, go. I keep reading reviews that say what a fabulous season this is and how they've really fixed the problems (most recently We Minored in Film) and I wonder "What show are you watching?"

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm really curious how they are going to make Prometheus matter.  Right now, if he's some rando like Claybourne's son, it's going to feel like a waste. If he's Oliver from another Earth, it will feel like a cheat to me unless they do a fantastic set-up.  Other Earths are a Flash thing.
And even  if they do a great set up, it still doesn't really come out of Oliver's actions in s1 as they keep promising. It's totally external.

I think my biggest problem with the season right now is that I just don't are about Oliver. I'm not rooting for him to win, in fact after that ending of the last episode where no one cared about Felicity, I'm kind of rooting for him to lose.  Go, Prometheus, go. I keep reading reviews that say what a fabulous season this is and how they've really fixed the problems (most recently We Minored in Film) and I wonder "What show are you watching?"

I've sort of given up on Prometheus' identity. It's fun coming up with theories, but I fear whoever he is won't be as interesting as what people on here are suggesting, so it's best to have low expectations about how that'll play out on screen. 

Same about Oliver. I want Susan to expose him. (But please don't make it something that everyone else has to help him fix and therefore ignore Prometheus, though that's where it seems to be going.) I don't want her to suddenly decide because of "feelings" she's not going to do her job. (But I don't want to see him all hurt because I don't want the show to be telling me he actually cared about her enough for it to truly bother him considering he should expect it after what she did to his sister. And I really don't want it to turn into something where he's supposed to understand how it hurt Felicity for him to lie because it's not the same thing at all. Fiancée he called his "always" - even if the show seems to have forgotten that - does not compare to woman he's barely dating.) And considering Felicity, Diggle and Curtis are going to be hurting right now, am I supposed to want to see Oliver not miserable?

I can't help but wonder how Prometheus isn't looking at Oliver right now and wondering how he's so stupid/if he actually needs to do anything or Oliver will ruin everything himself. 

Right now, the only characters I'm rooting for are Felicity, Diggle, Thea, Lance (save him from the mourning a dead daughter/drinking cycle please!) and Rory.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Good point.  At least they listened to that complaint. One point to them.

The show they are watching is Lets do our utmost to gaslight the writers into thinking the direction they are on is the right one cause it fits our bias agendas because even though ratings suck, social media traction is down, buzz is down, it finally feels like they are listening to us and doing we want which is totally not fan servicing and being entitled viewers like we spent the last two years throwing those words around like their dirty at other fans.

P.s However should they stop doing exactly what we want to see and show thing others viewers might like aka genuine human interaction (gross) character focused story lines and character growth (boring) or dare I say romance (ew) We will gas light the writers in the other direction like we spent the last two seasons trying to convince everyone the show sucks when it got better ratings, better buzz and more social media awareness. 

• Love 18
18 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Even being former military wouldn't make Tina the best fighter that Oliver's ever seen (assuming that dialogue makes it into the actual show), like better than Sara, Nyssa or Shado.  IIRC, in a S2 episode, there was something said about how Diggle was clearly out-matched by Sara in a one-on-one fight because Sara was a League assassin. So the established show canon is that League training surpasses military training. But with this show's inconsistencies, I fully expect Tina to be just as good a fighter as Sara and maybe even using some of the same (stunt) moves.

Of course, it could turn out that Tina has a mysterious past that includes martial arts training in addition to her military background. (This is also assuming she becomes a masked superhero.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Found it - it was episode 205 (League of Assassins)...

Diggle: "What are you doing? Oliver told you to stay put. I thought you didn't want your father to know you're still alive."
Sara: "I don't. But it's better than him not being. Where do you think you're going?" 
Diggle: "With you. I'm not going to let you go out there without any back-up." 
Sara: "Dig, you may be a three-tour Special Forces veteran, but I was trained by the people that make the Special Forces look like a kindergarten class. So step aside or get put down." 
Diggle: "It's your funeral, Sara."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I've sort of given up on Prometheus' identity. It's fun coming up with theories, but I fear whoever he is won't be as interesting as what people on here are suggesting, so it's best to have low expectations about how that'll play out on screen. 

Ha. I bet it turns out that you are right. The reveal of Prometheus' identity will probably turn out to be a major let down.

• Love 2

Beside Pike, there is speculation of China White and Cupid (Adrian Holmes deleted a pic that apparently featured these 2) maybe appearing during episode 5x13. They also followed Rutina so maybe we could get an appearance of Ladycop. 

See, I'm not the only one speculating that Billy Malone might be Prometheus ;) (different theory, tho')...

‘Arrow’ season 5 theory: Is Billy Malone actually Prometheus?
JANUARY 8, 2017 B
http://cartermatt.com/238384/arrow-season-5-theory-billy-malone-actually-prometheus/

The biggest argument: Tyler Ritter

Ritter is a fairly substantial get for the show, given that he was just the major star of another in “The McCarthys” and likely had many different opportunities leading into this season. Why choose “Arrow”? Maybe he was promising a meaty role. Another easy argument here is that this was a character who viewers could become invested in over time, that way the show wouldn’t have to reveal that the person under the Prometheus mask is someone we haven’t seen hardly at all during the season.

A great parallel here could be with “The Flash” getting Teddy Sears. The moment that he was brought on board, it was easy to imagine that he was more than just Jay Garrick, and was also Zoom in disguise.

How is it possible?

After all, we did see Malone’s dead body on the show … yet, we’ve certainly seen people back from the dead before. Maybe you can argue that there’s a twin situation going on, or that Billy had something in his system just in case he were to die that would help to bring him back later. (Not sure how that would’ve helped the arrows, though.) There’s just something interesting about the idea of Billy using Felicity to get close to Oliver, and then “dying” at the time that he learns everything that he needs to know. Now, he can be in the shadows and nobody will ever suspect anything at all.

Also, doesn’t all of this make sense given the previous theory that Prometheus had police connections?

The biggest question that remains

Who doesn’t Oliver recognize him? If Prometheus hates him so much that he wants to destroy his entire life, you think Oliver would have recognized him unless he’d went and done some elaborate plastic surgery — which feels a little too much like a soap-opera for this particular show. Maybe he’s the child of someone like we saw suggested with a similar story in the winter finale.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1