Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

The Dark Bird of Prey could be interesting, although I'd bet Rutina Wesley is way too busy to return, as much as I'd love it.

She was actually in Vancouver three days ago... 

• Love 3

They haven't forgotten about Havenrock! (I just hope that what we're getting in these interviews is what we see play out on screen.) That gives me hope for more Felicity/Rory scenes. Please give me more Felicity/Rory scenes. (Give me more Rory scenes in general. Give Rory something to do other than be the human shield when the team goes out into the field.) 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Rutina Wesley who played one of the cops on Arrow was recently in Vancouver around the time they were back to filming. Could mean absolutely nothing, but with Cupid and China White also recently filming it could mean something. 

Hmm.  They did imply last year that they wanted to do more with her.  

12 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

If it turns out Mayo is Prometheus, then I really need him to be time-traveling demon spawn set on daddy revenge, so I can laugh and laugh and laugh forever that Felicity was sleeping with Oliver's kid.

The time traveling thing reminded me that if this was Flash they could explain away Billy's death by claiming that was just his time remnant.  I mean, Barry killed himself off that way and is doing just fine.  

Just now, calliope1975 said:

So, not only might I get Felicity & Friends, those friends might be badass ladies with questionable to malicious morals? Sign me up!

I'll be honest, that would be a lot of fun and when/if I don't get it, I'm going to be bummed.

I can see Ladycop helping because it's the right thing to do and Cupid for some crazy reason (maybe she's now in love with Felicity after she inspired her not to give up on love) but China White she'd have to blackmail, which I'd also love seeing.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

So, not only might I get Felicity & Friends, those friends might be badass ladies with questionable to malicious morals? Sign me up!

Edit: I think that video is suppose to insulting but I'd watch that show #sorrynotsorry

• Love 6

Can you imagine the reddit tantrum that will happen with even a faux BOP?

i remember how nasty they got when someone made an awesome BOP manip using the woman of Flarrowverse, the fact that Felicity was in it made them deface that posters creation- making copies of someone else's art/edit/manip and changing/defacing it is one of the biggest tumblr no nos.

I really do think that Arrow made a mistake taking the show in a certain direction to appease those fans. You don't negotiate with terrorists. The ratings didn't rise, they just learnt that online tantrums and hate eventually gets you what you want. So at the first sign of Felicity centric or Olicity, they will just pull the same tricks- because the show runners showed them that works.

personally the idea of Felicity at the helm of a dark BOP, is the most exciting thing I have heard from this show in a while. Imagine the fanfic alone that might inspire!

Edited by MaisyDaisy
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I'm always going to be annoyed whenever they try to make it more complicated than it being all Oliver's fault because imo it really is. None of the reasons they gave made sense.Lying because Samantha said so and because it supposedly kept William safe while 3 people including Malcom knew, is just beyond dumb. I'm sure whatever Felicity hides won't be even close to being comparable to that since just because they're not a couple that is planing a life together she's not obligated to share anything with him if she doesn't want to. 

She's not obliged to share about her personal life but I do think everyone is obliged to share things that affect the team - see Oliver's S3 involvement with Malcolm and his LoA ruse. The chances of me blaming her are non-existent at this point, really, but being on the team implies sharing information crucial to the team IMO.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Can you imagine the reddit tantrum that will happen with even a faux BOP?

i remember how nasty they got when someone made an awesome BOP manip using the woman of Flarrowverse, the fact that Felicity was in it made them deface that posters creation- making copies of someone else's art/edit/manip and changing/defacing it is one of the biggest tumblr no nos.

I really do think that Arrow made a mistake taking the show in a certain direction to appease those fans. You don't negotiate with terrorists. The ratings didn't rise, they just learnt that online tantrums and hate eventually gets you what you want. So at the first sign of Felicity centric or Olicity, they will just pull the same tricks- because the show runners showed them that works.

personally the idea of Felicity at the helm of a dark BOP, is the most exciting thing I have heard from this show in a while. Imagine the fanfic alone that might inspire!

What I find hilarious is they really tried to bring that artist down and she (I think she's a girl) just kept making the art more Felicity centric and better each time. I absolutely love it!

They tried to bring her down but it only made her better and the art she does. 

Instead of them bitching about her art they could've had someone from their side create something but, they decided as always to bitch, moan and hate on real people and their art.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 1

I think it depends on what Oliver's doing at the time. If he's focused on being mayor (perhaps damage control after however the Susan stuff ends?) and splitting his focus between Prometheus and other bad guys as GA, we may get another "oh, it's not as important as..." (which still bugs me about 413 and made me think the reason Felicity deals with things on her own is because that's what she always had to do and that hasn't changed) or "well, you were doing X, so I took matters into my own hands because Prometheus needs to be a priority..." 

I'm just going to keep hoping Noah comes back at some point. And that the show at least mentions Donna in relation to Felicity. I wonder if she even knew she was dating Billy or if they've even considered that in the writers' room. Maybe they'll say Felicity didn't tell her about him (another mark in the "wasn't real" column) and that's why she's not visiting to be there for her daughter?

• Love 4

@Mellowyellow thing you have to remember is that Felicity could walk on water and anti Felicity fans would be asking why she can't fly? She could cure cancer in an episode and they would call her a Mary Sue and say she was selfish for not finding a cure sooner because 85-90% of their hatred of her from what I've seen is purely irrational and based on resentment. So they're going to hate no matter what Felicity does. Especially when they see that Laurel is not coming back to the show and that her big return was basically a throw away villain of the week spot AND that Felicity is going to get a big B plot storyline about potentially leading her own team like they always wanted Black Canary to do. It's just life. 

Felicitys storyline could be the most awesome and exciting story telling ever and they will still resent it.

What makes me confident though is Marc giving an interview about how they are being protective of Felicitys character and her place as the light of the show and making her darkness appropriate for her character which sort of fits with my theory that she won't bring crosses as worst moral lines as Oliver with his killing and torturing or Diggle killing his brother or Laurel raising Sara from the dead or Theas blood lust/killing Sara.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Bummed Noah isn't coming back. Cupid, China White and Lady Cop wouldn't be considered new. Unless he means new to Felicity?

I'm still not convinced that  "but we were kind of craving new characters. We were craving a new story, something we haven’t done before” is not just not so subtle code for "we can't bring back her dad because he was part of what made it Felicity and Friends and... SEASON ONE!!!"  But really, I don't think it would matter who they put with her to do her arc.  If she gets attention separate from Oliver's story line, then certain people are always going to fall back into complaining about Felicity and Friends.     

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8

I don't think they'll try and bring Noah and Donna back until season 6 so they can get some distance from the Felicity and friends gas lighting bullshit from last season. I'm only speculating here but I think their giving the comic bros a season to try and get over their bullshit.

And to be honest it is bullshit because we had 4 seasons of Laurels family and her family drama the first two seasons devoted the B plot almost religiously to her family drama. Last season spent more time on Diggles family and his relationship with his brother then it did on Felicitys and before that we had Carly and his nephew in season 1 and Lyla and Sara in season 2 onwards. 

But no Felicity is not allowed to have friends and family and have her world fleshed out. And it's not because they hate women they're not sexist! They just think Felicity is better being one note. That's not sexist. 

So yeah I'm not holding out hope to see a Smoak reunion this season but there's always the Olicity wedding next season :p Until then I'm cool with a possible Felicity Vigilante team up or a Dark Birds of Prey team.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm still not convinced that  "but we were kind of craving new characters. We were craving a new story, something we haven’t done before” is not just not so subtle code for "we can't bring back her dad because he was part of what made it Felicity and Friends and... SEASON ONE!!!"

In Donna/CR's case, at least part of the reason why she's wasn't brought back was because she and the show weren't able to agree on a contract. I wouldn't be surprised if this was also true for Noah/TA.  

If the EPs really were spooked by "Felicity and Friends", they wouldn't be talking about her, well, making new "friends" outside the team to help her get revenge.

• Love 13

I think the freak out about Felicity and friends happened at the end of last season, during the hiatus and the beginning of this season. The reason they are talking about it now, I think, is because they didn't expect the lack of Felicity/Olicity to be so big a deal to fans, or for the ratings to be so effected. They messed with the good things (Felicity, Olicity and OTA) that people were watching the show for, and I think this them in damage control.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

In Donna/CR's case, at least part of the reason why she's wasn't brought back was because she and the show weren't able to agree on a contract. I wouldn't be surprised if this was also true for Noah/TA.  

If the EPs really were spooked by "Felicity and Friends", they wouldn't be talking about her, well, making new "friends" outside the team to help her get revenge.

That's a good point. Felicity forming her own team of cohorts is pretty counter to Felicitys and friends arguments

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I think the freak out about Felicity and friends happened at the end of last season, during the hiatus and the beginning of this season. The reason they are talking about it now, I think, is because they didn't expect the lack of Felicity/Olicity to be so big a deal to fans, or for the ratings to be so effected. They messed with the good things (Felicity, Olicity and OTA) that people were watching the show for, and I think this them in damage control.

Brian Ford Sullivan promised a storyline for Felicity in 512 all the way back in September, before the season premiered. Maybe they're talking about Felicity and Friends because they finally got to the episodes that feature Felicity and Friends.

• Love 6

Felicity keeping a secret from Oliver that other people know can parallel what he did with the Al Sah Him ruse and MM, not with his kid. That time Felicity was mad because he should have trusted his team mates over MM but forgave him in the same episode. If she is keeping a secret because she thinks it's the best thing to keep them safe or defeat Prometheus than it's the same (faulty) logic he used with the LoA, but at least you can say they both had a honorable reason..with the kid there was no reason, honorable or otherwise, and they were engaged to be married. That's what made it horrible. It drives me crazy that the writers can't just admit Oliver screwed up, make him apologize and move on. I'd respect him way more if he did that while excuses only annoy me more.

I wanted Felicity's new friends to be Bratva (and if she tried to trick Prometheus taking Evelyn's place I would have loved it even more) but I'd be on board with a team of evil ladies! It's a pity they aren't bringing her dad back though..he would have fit perfectly with this type of SL imo.

• Love 14

Should be Ep. 515 already.  Shoot dates for 514 were planned until 1/5. But thinking about it... If the reporter woman is still around in Ep. 14 or 15 that reduces the probability for a Oliver / Tina romance. Does it not?

This season I learned to be thankful for the small favours. I may not like most of the storylines or new characters but apparently I like enough to still have hope for it to get better.

Regarding the female team-up: Cupid and LadyCop are in prison. I can't remember what happened to China White in season 2. Is she in prison as well? If so, are these Ladies gonna pull a prison break together? Does Felicity recrute them afterswards or is she gonna break them out?

• Love 1

I guess they could drag the reveal that she has been digging dirt on him until the last part of the season even if the Bratva episode sounded good for it to me. Also the more time it lasts the stupider Oliver looks. If he keeps dating her after he finds out even more, LOL. It would make sense if she is also linked to Prometheus so whatever she is doing can have a bigger impact on all the characters but I'm not holding my breath that her plot is going to become interesting anytime soon or at all. If they made her ruthless she'd be more interesting to me but she is basically Cupid without the killing. She bores me.

• Love 2

I sure hope he would break up with her after finding out she was investigating him. But there are no certainties this season.

Speculation was that what she was doing would come out in 512. If she is still around in 515 that means that they are still dealing with the consequences of that reveal 3 episodes later. And I think the show would not start him on a new "romance" until the old one was really finished / fully told.

So with this on my mind I came back to: Could Tina be a LI for WD. You know they could be WildCanary or BlackDong. That's gonna sell like... I can't think of anything.

BTW I still think the show is not done with Olicity. And with that lastest MG interview about Felicity I am a bit hopeful that they might let them get back together this season. And yes I want to see an Olicity baby before the show runs its final episode. There I said it.

• Love 7

As I said before, I don't think Tina will be a love interest for anyone this season. I think they'll have her temporarily join Team Arrow at first, with possible permanence at the end of the season, and also test her chemistry with Oliver and/or other team members. I think they're still figuring out who to keep on the team next season.  Most likely, Curtis, Wild Dog and Tina (because they want another female fighter). It's S6 that's the concern. GB does seem to love his love triangles.

But I hope I'm wrong and that they settle Oliver's love life once and for all by the end of this season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

They really don't plan that far ahead. I find it hard to believe all 3 (Tina, Wild Dog and Mr. Terrific) will become or stay regulars. Especially since there is another regular in Vigilante. 

They couldnt give a permanent contract to Charlotte Ross i dont see them adding 2 more regulars. 

They also not gonna give it more triangles than TVD. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 4

As much as I'd love to lose all the newbies I don't see why they can't stay next season. Vigilante will probably die this season, Tina can replace LL and after how much they pushed WD and Curtis I don't see them getting rid of them too soon. They could send them to LoT as an alternative (please do it, hahaha).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

As much as I'd love to lose all the newbies I don't see why they can't stay next season. Vigilante will probably die this season, Tina can replace LL and after how much they pushed WD and Curtis I don't see them getting rid of them too soon. They could send them to LoT as an alternative (please do it, hahaha).

Its not like LL was a regular this season. So her spot as a regular is not open. Unless she takes the spot of Vigilante. But even he wasnt there every episode. 

Edited by Velocity23
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Its not like LL was a regular this season. So her spot as a regular is not open. Unless she takes the spot of Vigilante. But even he wasnt there every episode. 

I meant replace LL in the team. But I don't see why it should be a problem to make her a regular if they wanted to, like they did with Curtis or Vigilante this season. Or she could be a recurring and be around most of the times like Curtis was last season or the other newbies are this one. My point was I see Vigilante dying this season and the rest of the new characters (maybe not Rory and definitely not the reporter) coming back and being an important part of the next.

• Love 1

Where will Arrow get the money. I would guess the budget will get cut again.  Also s6 will most likely introduce a new series regular as the villain. They really dont have that much room to push for more regulars. 

Edited by Velocity23

Of the boobs (I'm not including Curtis because he is a regular), I would say WD and Tina are most likely to stay past S5.

They are pushing WD way too much not to have some plan fo him. Whether it's regular or spinoff. I do think there is an off chance they are killing him off and want the biggest impact but I don't view that as most likely at all.

I think Tina could be stepping into the female fighter role left by Sara/Laurel/Thea/Evelyn (it's a revolving door really). 

Rory's my favorite and I'm hoping he is involved in Felicitys storyline but he has been under the radar and doesn't get the attention from the EPs

Im wondering if we are saying goodbye to Thea and or Lance this season.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

@TV ECHO Who do you think is gonna be stuck in a love triangle next season?

I don't think the EPs have decided anything for sure. I think they're just testing out things this season. But the most likely love triangle would be Oliver, Felicity and Tina (the hero/blonde/brunette cliche). To be clear, I don't want this to happen and I'm hoping they won't go there.

• Love 4

I mean no offense but this is the same argument we all had this summer and they proved they had no issues introducing new characters. And since we have no idea about their budget and how expensive each individual actor is it's all too hypothetical to make an argument based on that. Even assuming they have no wiggle room (and we don't know that) keeping Echo and the actor that plays WD is no additional money and keeping the actress that plays Tina as a recurring would cost the money they are paying her for her episodes in 5B and if they want her the whole season maybe what they paid the actors that played Evelyn, Rory, Curtis' husband could cover the cost. And I'm not even counting Vigilante, the reporter, Malone, KC's few appearances..and there's the people for the FBs, Church, whoever is playing Prometheus, old villains that are coming back..they aren't exactly acting like people that need to save money imo.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3

Oh yeah, I forgot about budget. Shows like TVD and TO really slided in quality of effects, sets, wardrobe etc with ratings decreases and thus a loss in advertising revenue.

i know arrow makes money in other ways, but the simple fact is if it's making less, they are not just going to take less profit, it's business, budget will get cut. 

39 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

They couldnt give a permanent contract to Charlotte Ross i dont see them adding 2 more regulars. 

I obviously can't say for certain, but I don't think the issue with Charlotte is that they didn't have money to add another regular, it's that they didn't want to spend what money they did have on her. 

• Love 12

Regular vs recurring. Introducing new character is something that happens on every show in a new season. But not all of them will stay. And they at least can compare how Wild Dog and Curtis are faring with the audience. Tina is still an open book and it will be determined later on. 

Maybe Oliver won't find out Susan's connected to whatever happens in 512 until 515? 

I really hope Oliver/Susan is over sooner rather than later. I don't want him dating her off-screen up until (at least) 515. (What would he tell her about all the times he has to go for GA business? I hope he's smart enough to not tell a reporter he's GA - and risk her finding out about the others.) And if he keeps dating her after finding out she was investigating him? Dear god no. Would we then get a scene of him telling someone (maybe Thea), "Well, she was just doing her job?" (Really hope not.)

Is the show going to be trying to tell us that this relationship is "real"? Honestly, if he does keep dating a reporter after she digs into his life, I'm not surprised Felicity - or anyone - is going to be keeping secrets from him. Who knows what he could let slip? And sure, even if Susan doesn't use what she finds against him, who knows what would happen when they break up? Such a bad idea. 

33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I don't think the EPs have decided anything for sure. I think they're just testing out things this season. But the most likely love triangle would be Oliver, Felicity and Tina (the hero/blonde/brunette cliche). To be clear, I don't want this to happen and I'm hoping they won't go there.

I don't think they'd be so stupid as to have a love triangle next season. At least, I hope not. I sometimes want to sit down every single EP and writer and make them watch shows that put couples together and actually let them be together, like Bones and NCIS: LA. Guess what? It works! 

• Love 8

I'm not sure they'll keep WD tbh. He's getting a lot of focus this season but he doesn't seem to be popular at all so if they're paying attention to how the newbies are being received I don't see WD sticking around. They probably don't plan on keeping Rory because of the whole magic suit thing but he's been surprisingly well liked so maybe they change their minds. I'm sure they really want to keep Tina, I doubt they want to fail at making yet another canary work on the show so imo if she's not totally hated she'll probably stick around. Curtis is already a regular and I think they'll probably keep him but imo, like with keeping JB as a regular for  seasons even when it was damaging the show,  that's more because they like the actor than anything the character brings to the show. Idk what they'll do with Thea tho, I don't see her just never being back on the team so I'm basically resigned to the fact that the team will always be overcrowded and look ridiculous. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 4

SA confirmed the team would be going to Russia if I read that correctly. My question is - how? In S2 Oliver used the company jet and an excuse about a business deal. Last year, Felicity probably could have done the same. Flying private also assumes more privacy. But this year, what, they're goint to just fly commercial? There's six of them if I remember it right - OTA plus Curtis, Rory and Tina. Oh yeah, the mayor, his ex-fiance, maybe his rehired bodyguard, the ex-fiance's friend and former employee, a cop, and come random dude all decide to take in Moscow in the dead of winter? If only I had hopes they would try to be clandestine about and, ya know, book different flights, maybe even different layovers. Looking at it, random dude would be the least problematic.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

SA confirmed the team would be going to Russia if I read that correctly. My question is - how? In S2 Oliver used the company jet and an excuse about a business deal. Last year, Felicity probably could have done the same. Flying private also assumes more privacy. But this year, what, they're goint to just fly commercial? There's six of them if I remember it right - OTA plus Curtis, Rory and Tina. Oh yeah, the mayor, his ex-fiance, maybe his rehired bodyguard, the ex-fiance's friend and former employee, a cop, and come random dude all decide to take in Moscow in the dead of winter? If only I had hopes they would try to be clandestine about and, ya know, book different flights, maybe even different layovers. Looking at it, random dude would be the least problematic.

I was wondering that too. They'll probably go from being in the lair to being in Russia after a commercial break. No explanation needed! (I'm hoping they at least say they take an ARGUS plane. Maybe they can say that Lyla gives them one to use as a thanks for proving her husband's innocence? I don't know. Just give me some sort of explanation, show.) 

Also, they're bringing Tina to Star City in 511 and the next episode, she's jetting off to Russia with them? I really expect Oliver's pitch to her to be the best thing anyone has ever said because otherwise ... why?

And how is Thea going to spin this one? "Uh, the mayor is out of town visiting some friends in Russia. But don't look too closely at that. And please ignore anything a certain reporter he's stupidly dating might say about him being in Russia when he should have been on the island. Also, don't question that the number of people going with him sort of matches up to the number of people on Team Arrow." Unless they're planning to sneak Oliver over and pretend he has another medical emergency and that's why he won't be seen in Star City. 

• Love 6

I really hope that they don't keep WD on beyond this season.  I know RG and EK  have been doing a lot of publicity for the show but while I think they can fix Curtis if they go back to the quirky funny guy he was last season rather the incompetent vigilante of s5 and differentiate what he does for the team from what Felicity does (he's an engineer, let him go invent things like Cisco does), I don't think anything other than a personality transplant will fix WD.

Joe Dinicol hasn't really done any p.r. beyond set interviews.  I fear for Rory's life.  I suspect Evelyn is dead too.

9 hours ago, Chaser said:

Bummed Noah isn't coming back. Cupid, China White and Lady Cop wouldn't be considered new. Unless he means new to Felicity?

I can see the attraction in mixing things up with existing characters. With Noah, the story is kind of too obvious and closely repeats Thea/Malcolm  I"m not sure how China White fits in because she hasn't been "redeemed" but if it's true that Felicity will be working on a team with Cupid and Lady Cop, that's the potential for a whole lot of new and different interactions.

8 hours ago, bijoux said:

She's not obliged to share about her personal life but I do think everyone is obliged to share things that affect the team - see Oliver's S3 involvement with Malcolm and his LoA ruse. The chances of me blaming her are non-existent at this point, really, but being on the team implies sharing information crucial to the team IMO.

I also think this might parallel going undercover with the LoA more.

But if Oliver is hot and heavy still with the reporter who's digging up dirt on them, I thoroughly support Felincity not telling him. In fact, I would love it if the team (Diggle, Thea, Curtis and Rory) supported the idea that Oliver shouldn't be told.  Rene will probably say Oliver needs to know because Felicity isn't good enough on the salmon ladder/fighter to make those kinds of decisions.

7 hours ago, MaisyDaisy said:

THIS.  They thought that Felicity/Olicity fans would be good little fans like some tumblr bloggers and just wait quietly for their crumbs and 5B treats (hopefully).  They missed the connection that people who are social media active enough to get Olicity SOTY twice in a row weren't going to be quiet about their disappointment.

I wonder how they're going to do about the Rene/Rory situation.  It seems to me that Rene was supposed to be the one to grab the hearts of the viewers and Rory would just quietly work in the background and then die of disappear to save another city at the end of the season.  Instead, Rory is the most liked of the newbies and Rene the most hated.  How are the EPs gong to handle that one, these people who misjudge audience reaction so often?

24 minutes ago, bijoux said:

If only I had hopes they would try to be clandestine about and, ya know, book different flights, maybe even different layovers. Looking at it, random dude would be the least problematic.

No way Oliver is that smart. Just nope.  Diggle, Felicity or Curtis might think of it though.  Maybe Tina if she had Black Ops work in there among her Marine duties.

• Love 8