Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

LOL sort of like how oliver forgot about Roy in season 3 and how that mess when Ray and Felicity visited CC and it didn't line up with the Arrow episode that aired after it.

Oliver forgetting Roy was passed out on the ground isnt the same as two shows not lining up their own story. I don't even remember what happened with the Raylicity crossover so can't comment but I would just think they would be tighter about this sort of thing. 

Do we have any confirmation of when KC is scheduled to be on LOT? Because I assumed that if that spoiler was correct then that part would be featured on LOT, which probably doesn't match up with the Arrow airing/scheduling either.

I'm surprised that they're going to do a redemption arc with BS when they're going to have Tina be a new Black Canary. Do they want to have BS in reserve?  It seems like wanting to have their cake and eat it too.  Make up your mind, you either don't want Laurel as BC or you do.

I imagine they may just want to always have a character in reserve unless they *know* the actor is never coming back, what with having to do the Lazarus Pit SL to get Sara back after agreeing to make KC BC. If KC's cross storyline contract is potentially multi year? then they'd probably think they'd be stupid not to.

Only seen JH on TWD and a couple of other random things and I don't think she really made an impression but I hope she is at least decent or this is going to be uglier than ever.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Featherhat said:

Only seen JH on TWD and a couple of other random things and I don't think she really made an impression but I hope she is at least decent or this is going to be uglier than ever.

It would be easier if she was terrible, then they'd just write her off but I don't know if I'll get that lucky.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

LOL sort of like how oliver forgot about Roy in season 3 and how that mess when Ray and Felicity visited CC and it didn't line up with the Arrow episode that aired after it.

That absolutely wasn't the show's fault. The CW threw an extra break into The Flash's schedule at the last minute and screwed up the Timeline/continuity.

Roy was a stupid mistake that no one caught but the Ray/Felicity crossover was a Network screwup

2 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Do we have any confirmation of when KC is scheduled to be on LOT? Because I assumed that if that spoiler was correct then that part would be featured on LOT, which probably doesn't match up with the Arrow airing/scheduling either.

She was lying since she isn't Earth-1 Laurel so there was no saving. But we don't know if/when KC is scheduled for LoT, just that they have an "exciting" story they want to tell.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

So far no, there's been no indication that she's filmed or lined up to film LoT. There has been a mention by MG of having a story to tell.

I think she will appear on LoT sometime in the back half of the season, since apparently her contract called for her to make appearances on all three shows.  I don't think we've even seen her in flashback, or in a picture, yet this season.  But how she will appear and who she will be - I have no idea see below. 

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So far no, there's been no indication that she's filmed or lined up to film LoT. There has been a mention by MG of having a story to tell.

But yes, as you say, there's been no indication that she's been filming or will be filming for LoT.  So I don't know. But I do expect to see her before the end of the season - a lot of Sara's arc this season revolves around her death and so I expect we'll see her somehow to wrap that up.

ETA:  My feeling is that, if/when we see KC on LoT, it will be as Laurel, not Black Siren, due to some sort of time travel shenanigans.  And it will probably have to do with Sara facing once and for all that she can't save her, and being able to say goodbye.  Although we just did that in the crossover, so I don't know. *shrug*

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Also not happy about Oliver saying she's a miracle and getting possessive when Rory tries to hit on "Laurel".  (" Rory tries to make a move on her to the irritation of Oliver. They remind him that she's not our Laurel and he shouldn't play himself. ")   I thought Lauriver was over, it's not nice to taunt the Lauriver fans.

Oh, I assumed Rory was "making a move" by attacking her, but if he's hitting on her and Oliver is irritated by it, that's so much worse. We didn't get any jealousy from Oliver over Billy, but we're getting it over Fake Laurel? 

I honestly don't know who the show is aimed at anymore. Even the most positive Olicity fans are starting to doubt the writers' plans, and this episode is going to sour the comic fans. It's going to be another BMD, where no one on either side is happy. Have they learned nothing?

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Pretty sure it's attacking and, quite honestly I assume he means Rene not Rory because one is infinitely more likely to attack when he's supposed to simply be backup..

Yeah, and I kind of assumed that Rory and not Rene was the one who talked to Curtis about Paul leaving, because he's also the one more likely to ask.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trisha said:

The original poster on Reddit just answered someone's comment about the woman in the last scene  being Tina and he said "I never stated that." So either he's hedging his bets or we don't meet Tina yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/5j0bw5/s05e10_who_are_you_episode_spoiler_summary/

I saw someone on Twitter speculate that this person hasn't seen the episode but read the script or an episode story outline which may be why so much of the episode description is an incoherent convoluted mess because scripts can be difficult to follow. Ergo why he wouldn't know it's Tina because the script would just say woman. 

Whether that's accurate or not I guess only this person can say but I'm still in hello Reddit is a cesspool mode myself. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, and I kind of assumed that Rory and not Rene was the one who talked to Curtis about Paul leaving, because he's also the one more likely to ask.

Yep, assuming it's correct I'm guessing he got them backwards. Or the episode was written by someone who never watched an episode of S5 :-)

• Love 2

Rory + Rene + Mick Rory is just really bad. And Cisco lampshading it doesn't make it any better.

If it is Rene and not Rory with "Laurel", it's well within character for him to hit on her since he's always trying to hit on Thea, and he's not too bright.

Nor is Oliver these days, if it comes to that.

Question:  Why would Earth-2 Laurel's DNA be any different Earth-1's ?  Is Felicity's equipment sensitive to pick up on such slight mutations?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Question:  Why would Earth-2 Laurel's DNA be any different Earth-1's ?  Is Felicity's equipment sensitive to pick up on such slight mutations?

I vaguely recall when Smallville did Earth 2 they had a whole thing about how finger prints or signatures of something where backwards. I think that was how they proved to the world that Lionel wasn't there Lionel. So it's probably going to be something like that. Like DNA from Earth 2 is opposite or formed differently then earth 1 or some such nonsense.

Edited by LeighAn

Given that Lance is either still in rehab or just out of it, has already lost one daughter after she miraculously showed up in town alive, and that at least one member of the team is skeptical that it's even his daughter they're dealing with (and from the spoiler appears to be right)? Seems like not telling Lance is a pretty great choice. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Rory + Rene + Mick Rory is just really bad. And Cisco lampshading it doesn't make it any better.

If it is Rene and not Rory with "Laurel", it's well within character for him to hit on her since he's always trying to hit on Thea, and he's not too bright.

Nor is Oliver these days, if it comes to that.

because E2 LL would have the metagene because she's a meta. So I don't know how theyll explain the DNA being the same

3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

because E2 LL would have the metagene because she's a meta. So I don't know how theyll explain the DNA being the same

Are Metas on E2 different than the ones on E1? They're born with powers, not created by Star Labs?

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course in the end it was best that they didnt tell him, but they've already been down the road of not telling him something major about one of his kids. Repeating the cycle probably isnt that good.

I mean, it's this show so it's just as likely that no one even thinks to tell Lance. But I'd like it very much if they held off on telling the alcoholic who's already lost each daughter at least once that the other one is back from the dead until they 100% know for sure. 

• Love 4

I figured if it's Rory attacking Black Siren it's simply to strain things so he stays behind on the boys road trip in 5.11.  Name confusion (Rene/Rory) makes sense too.

Canadagraphs has said in the past that sometimes he gets copies of scripts.  Perhaps he's the poster? Seems like somewhere he would hangout on. He was annoyed on twitter about posters questioning his knowledge about Laurel/BC.

Edited by Sunshine
Context
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Of course in the end it was best that they didnt tell him, but they've already been down the road of not telling him something major about one of his kids. Repeating the cycle probably isnt that good.

I agree that some of the stuff that was kept from Lance was f*cked up...

Laurel not telling Lance about Sara - Cruel
Laurel not telling Lance about reviving Sara then when she did and showed him a Sara who was just a shell of herself - Cruel

The team telling Lance who's in a very precarious position that Laurel may be alive but not all of them are sure it's her - Cruel

Sorry :/ I can't agree with you on this. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Why do people think anyone is "hitting on" BS? 

This is the only thing I see and he's clearly talking about an attack.

They meet up and Oliver instructs the dudes to attack Siren if she appears suspicious or about to betray Oliver. Siren tells Oliver that Prometheus threatened her and that she had no choice to which Oliver retorts that S.T.A.R Labs said she went willingly without any resistance. She says she can help track him down for them. Rory tries to make a move on her to the irritation of Oliver. They remind him that she's not our Laurel and he shouldn't play himself.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Also if these spoilers are accurate is Billy dying just not a thing now? Beside a brief mention of hahaha we are having a party when awkward! Felicity is still planning his funeral. 

Oliver is no longer conflicted/guilty/concerned/aware to the fact that he killed Billy? 

And then the next two or three eps will be them all caught up in Tinaville. 

So even dead Billy would end up being a useless story point.

• Love 3
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Why do people think anyone is "hitting on" BS? 

Because the person who posted the 5x10 goings-on over on reddit wrote that Rory "makes a move" on Black Siren. Given the context of the scene it's obvious he goes to attack her - but I think maybe "making a move" is a colloquialism in some parts of the country/world indicating flirting. To me, that's "putting the moves on" whoever. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Because the person who posted the 5x10 goings-on over on reddit wrote that Rory "makes a move" on Black Siren. Given the context of the scene it's obvious he goes to attack her - but I think maybe "making a move" is a colloquialism in some parts of the country/world indicating flirting. To me, that's "putting the moves on" whoever. 

Right, making a move would be "hitting on" except the guy explains the context. They're in the field, Oliver says don't attack unless she looks like she's going to screw us over...seems clear when Rory makes a move it's to attack not ask her to go steady.

• Love 1

I never even thought that Rory/Rene/whoever would be hitting on BS considering isn't it in the middle of them confronting her? Making a move = attack/trying to capture/something in my mind.

10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Also if these spoilers are accurate is Billy dying just not a thing now? Beside a brief mention of hahaha we are having a party when awkward! Felicity is still planning his funeral. 

Oliver is no longer conflicted/guilty/concerned/aware to the fact that he killed Billy? 

Maybe they'll have Felicity say that Billy has no family, so she's the only one who can plan his funeral? Why not make it worse for Felicity? I wonder if anyone will even ask her if she's okay. Probably not. 

But whether she's planning the funeral or not, it does sound like no time has passed, so Billy just died, meaning Felicity's boyfriend was just killed by her ex-fiance, who ... is just going to forget about it because of the miracle that is Laurel alive again? I mean, I'm not even surprised considering how they're writing Oliver/Felicity/Olicity/this season in general thus far.

13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I mean, it's this show so it's just as likely that no one even thinks to tell Lance. But I'd like it very much if they held off on telling the alcoholic who's already lost each daughter at least once that the other one is back from the dead until they 100% know for sure. 

I'm going to guess that's exactly what happens. No one brings up Lance. Or maybe they'll even say, "oops, visiting hours are over for the day!" so they can't. Then they'll find out Laurel's actually BS and then... the episode will end before anyone can address filling Lance in and they'll completely forget about it by the time he's out of rehab. 

So I'm going to assume that BS is acting as Laurel with the information that Prometheus gave her that he got from Evelyn/public knowledge? And that's actually going to allow her to keep up this charade for longer than two minutes? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3
Just now, LeighAn said:

It's just said that his funeral is happening, not that Felicity is planning the funeral during the party for Laurel (if anything, it more implied that she's working on getting DNA from Laurel to test it). Chase brings up to Oliver that the GA killed Billy and that he's keeping it a secret, so that's keeping Oliver aware at least (and I have no idea the reaction, so possibly guilty/conflicted/concerned as well), and Oliver's the one who mentions the funeral in the first place, so he's still somewhat concerned. The Tina plot is immediately kicked off so they are quickly rolling with it in 511, while 512 will likely be about Susan's secret coming out and Bratva stuff, not Tina. Billy's death is for Felicity's plot apparently to be realized in build-up from 510-512.

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Chase brings up to Oliver that the GA killed Billy and that he's keeping it a secret, so that's keeping Oliver aware at least (and I have no idea the reaction, so possibly guilty/conflicted/concerned as well), and Oliver's the one who mentions the funeral in the first place, so he's still somewhat concerned. 

I feel like Chase bringing up Billy might be more about Chase and what we'll see from him as Vigilante moving forward than about Oliver. 

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Right, making a move would be "hitting on" except the guy explains the context. They're in the field, Oliver says don't attack unless she looks like she's going to screw us over...seems clear when Rory makes a move it's to attack not ask her to go steady.

They're in the field but the way that it's written makes it sound like Rory/Rene "makes a move" after she's already been subdued and has promised to help them track down Prometheus. It's so confusingly written that it's hard to tell but jealous Oliver is still a possibility. 

"They meet up and Oliver instructs the dudes to attack Siren if she appears suspicious or about to betray Oliver. Siren tells Oliver that Prometheus threatened her and that she had no choice to which Oliver retorts that S.T.A.R Labs said she went willingly without any resistance. She says she can help track him down for them. Rory tries to make a move on her to the irritation of Oliver. They remind him that she's not our Laurel and he shouldn't play himself."

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Then they'll find out Laurel's actually BS and then... the episode will end before anyone can address filling Lance in and they'll completely forget about it by the time he's out of rehab. 

That's fine by me. I'm not sure why anyone would mention anything to him at all - she isn't his daughter. I mean, I suppose they could tell him there's someone out there who looks like her, but...eh. It's equally stupid that Oliver says whatever it is about wanting to keep her close because if there's any bit of Laurel left in her he's going to find it. YOU DON'T KNOW HER, DUDE.

Ugh, this show. 

• Love 7

I think that means Rory doesn't trust that she's telling the truth and attacks despite what Oliver said. And I do think this will actually be Wild Dog it sounds more like him. I really don't think anyone hits on her and Oliver is jealous lol

• Love 5

I hope it plays better than it sounds, because right now it sounds like Oliver is so over killing Billy that he's celebrating Laurel's return.  Going to Susan for sexual healing was bad enough, this really makes him out to be completely selfish that all he is thinking about is to celebrate Laurel coming back.  Just have a quiet dinner with the three or four (if you count Curtis) people who knew her, dude.

Where I live, "to make a move on someone" means hitting on them. 

Why would they need to remind Oliver "that she's not our Laurel" ?  He's the one who said to attack her if she appears suspicious or about to betray them.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, tangerine95 said:

I think that means Rory doesn't trust that she's telling the truth and attacks despite what Oliver said. And I do think this will actually be Wild Dog it sounds more like him. I really don't think anyone hits on her and Oliver is jealous lol

Exactly. And yeah sounds more like Wild Dog than Ragman.

• Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like Chase bringing up Billy might be more about Chase and what we'll see from him as Vigilante moving forward than about Oliver. 

Could be, but I was just arguing about Billy's death being a non-entity. If it pushes Chase's story as well (and in a way it kind of should, since his kind-of enemy in the field of vigilantism just murdered an innocent cop, even if it was an accident), then it still mattered in terms of the story, even if there isn't as big a reaction or specific plot point in 510.

• Love 1

That summary basically just had Felicity showing up, so I wonder if she turns up to start doing some digging into Prometheus or if Oliver (or someone else) calls her and goes, "Hey, I know you're currently grieving alone, but hey, come to the lair, we have a surprise!" It probably won't be addressed. 

• Love 2

Tbh I don't think that party will be more than just Oliver, Felicity and the newbies with Laurel in the loft so I don't think its like when they threw one for Sara coming back in season 2 so idk that it will be a big deal. 

They probably have to remind him because he seems more likely to believe her just because she looks like LL. He clearly will try to believe she can be redeemed based on the rest of it anyway. 

• Love 4

I'm not really sure what the big deal is with Felicity and the "party" anyway. She cared about Laurel and was upset that she died. Seems to me that even with her suspicions about whether this is the "real" Laurel or not, there isn't any reason why she wouldn't be happy and hopeful at the prospect of her being alive - especially with what happened with Malone. 

• Love 5

I kind of get it. Last time we saw Felicity she was crying alone in the loft over Billy. Now, they're throwing a get together in the loft while Billy's not even in the ground.

It's a bit jarring. I expect it probably won't be that bad in the episode.

• Love 3

I think the issue with the party is that if accurate this episode sounds like it picks up the exact same night Billy dies so they are having a party or celebration of some sort either the same night or the night after Billy died and Felicity was grieving. It just makes the characters look insensitive and obtuse. 

• Love 6

It's the "party" aspect that's off-putting to me. A mentee turned on ya'll and you just murdered a dude, time for cocktails!

It's probably more of a gathering or assembly of people, but this is the show that has stated that if you come back from the dead, you get a party, so who knows?

• Love 5

Muslims mourn for 3 days, Jews mourn for 7 days after burial.  If it's just a couple of days, no wonder Felicity is doing other things away from the happy group.

I know Felicity was fond of Laurel but this better be a quiet evening rather than a real party. And even if it is just a quiet evening, it still seems to be too much to expect her to attend if he just dies a couple of days ago.

But this show never seems to care much about Felicity's feelings

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5