Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

CH mentioned there was a scene cut between Oliver and Felicity. I wonder what it was. Tumblr enthusiasts seem to think it may have been a kiss because there was one shot where they were very close to one another in the mansion but I don't know. I thought maybe the thing about her dad or something.

I'd like to think that anything as important as a kiss wouldn't be cut out, but the look on EBR's face in that video (or the arm over her face) shows that maybe it was something quite intimate. The writers have already said that they did cut some lines with regard to Felicity, so it could also be to do with her dad. 

Colton mentions the scene at around 9:20

• Love 1
(edited)

As I put in the relationship thread it seems almost certain it was a kiss cut from the mansion scene. 

Candagraphs had talked about there being a kiss in the finale (which never ended up in the episode), then there's the comment from SA about the ILY seen being shorter than the original scene they shot and CH's comment certainly indicates something intimate between O/F and since the ILY aired you can't get much more intimate than a kiss...unless you're talking sex and that just wouldn't have fit with the characters.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't even know where to put this. I've seen a lot of chatter about the cameras in the mansion having audio. Oliver did kind of breathe out the ILY which sounded more like "(breath) Love you." A kiss would've definitely sealed the deal in Slade's mind.

Amell had said at Phoenix Comic con that we will be seeing a new super hero costume early in season 3. Since Roy already got his costume in Season 3 finale, I think we will be seeing a new superhero joining Arrow, with a possibility of spin off?

Roy didn't have a costume in S2 he had a mask.  Roy's the one that gets the costume in S3, we know that since CH talked about getting fitted for a costume at the upfronts (IIRC).

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn't know where to put this so I am putting it here. 

Does this tweet from Andrew Kriesberg further cements the presence of Caity Lotz in Arrow Season 3.

https://twitter.com/AJKreisberg/status/476753167170805760

Re the Kiss: It doesn't make sense. The island dialogue between Felicity and Oliver at the end of the episode would have been a tad different if a kiss was involved.

Edited by abhi

Re the Kiss: It doesn't make sense. The island dialogue between Felicity and Oliver at the end of the episode would have been a tad different if a kiss was involved.

Agreed. Unless they changed that last minute.

A love triangle must be something that's contractually required by The CW Network

I don't think Supernatural got that contract. They keep killing off all their potential love triangles which is good and bad!

(edited)

I agree that it will be Roy with a superhero costume next season.  In Unthinkable, all he got was a mask and his usual red hoodie.  (I don't know why they haven't arrested him yet since that's what he's always wearing.)

That does sound like good news on the Caity Lotz front. Yay!

Stephen Amell said that the way they filmed the Queen Manor scene was different than what was shown in the episode but it was better in the end. Cutting a kiss makes perfect sense because it makes the scene tighter and more iffy as to whether it was true or not.  Many viewers commented said they didn't believe Oliver in the scene because if he really did love Felicity, he would have kissed her good bye.  You don't even have to change the island dialogue because Felicity would have attributed the kiss to his "selling it".

If there was a kiss and it was cut, I really want the original scene to be on the DVDs.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)
Stephen Amell said that the way they filmed the Queen Manor scene was different than what was shown in the episode but it was better in the end. Cutting a kiss makes perfect sense because it makes the scene tighter and more iffy as to whether it was true or not.  Many viewers commented said they didn't believe Oliver in the scene because if he really did love Felicity, he would have kissed her good bye.  You don't even have to change the island dialogue because Felicity would have attributed the kiss to his "selling it".

Exactly and even if you want to argue that it would have to have be re-written...i point you to the much discussed (at TWOP) picture where we see. SA, EBR and MG on the island set and MG is working on the script.  

And for all we know they cut a line about a kiss out of the beach scene too...

If that tweet means Caity Lotz will be back in season 3, I wonder what that means for the character of Black Canary and the jacket. Maybe Sara will have a new costume and name.

Stupid as all hell (them, not you).  I'm sorry but you introduce Sara as Black Canary, change her into another hero (for no effing reason) and then keep your original BC on the show while trying to introduce Laurel as BC?  All the while fans will be pointing to Sara going, she was better (IMO)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
(edited)
Stupid as all hell (them, not you).  I'm sorry but you introduce Sara as Black Canary, change her into another hero (for no effing reason) and then keep your original BC on the show while trying to introduce Laurel as BC?  All the while fans will be pointing to Sara going, she was better (IMO)

I agree that that would be stupid, but whose to say that the writers will change her into another hero? Many people have commented how similar Oliver and Sara are, so the writers may change Sara into a villain to set Oliver's journey apart from hers. They still would have gone through many similar things, but Oliver ultimately decided to fight for his humanity and become a hero whereas Sara would have made the choice to embrace the dark side. I'm not saying that I want this to happen, but I think this is something the writers would do.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'd always assumed that Caity Lotz was going to be in season three in some capacity because of the alleged Comic Con announcement, so the tweet is not surprising. (I say "alleged" not because I doubt it, but because I'm not sure what the original source of that information was.) They're hardly going to get up and say "our big announcement is that Caity Lotz is not going to be in season three at all." LOL. I just want to know in what capacity....hero? villain? Canary? Something else? Regular? Recurring? But they don't seem to be in any hurry to answer those questions.

I guess there's a tiny (atom-sized) part of me that has not yet let go of the hope that Sara will still be Canary full-time in season three, and I won't be able to totally let go of the show until I get official confirmation that no she won't be, and that Laurel will taking over that role. (And by official I mean an EP and not Katie Cassidy.)

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I agree that that would be stupid, but whose to say that the writers will change her into another hero? Many people have commented how similar Oliver and Sara are, so the writers may change Sara into a villain to set Oliver's journey apart from hers. They still would have gone through many similar things, but Oliver ultimately decided to fight for his humanity and become a hero whereas Sara would have made the choice to embrace the dark side. I'm not saying that I want this to happen, but I think this is something the writers would do

Then they're dumber then I take them for, you intoduce Sara as a hero, spend an entire season showing how she's strggling to be a hero but never once since she came back in 212 killed anyone despite the constant harping on "thou shalt not kill" crap. Then have the character make the ultimate sacrifice, she gave her life/soul/sanity over to a group she was so desperate to escape from that she was willing to die for it and you turn her into a villain?

That's not only bad storytelling it's a dumb move exterally because it means they're throwing Sara under the bus to prop up a character that is generally not well liked. Not only that but the only reason to ever do it would be to stick to some pre-designed plan that doesn't take into account anything that actually happened in show.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I guess even if they dress Sara up differently and give her a new code name she'll still be Canary to me as I just can't imagine her going evil.  More grey, but not a villain, IMO.  I guess I'm still holding on to the hope that at the end of next season Laurel can give the jacket back to Sara telling her she was just holding on to it until she came back. 

As for the kiss...even though I love Olicity, I much prefer that there was NOT a kiss.  It works better with Felicity's shock for one and I'm not sure how I would have reacted to a fake Love You and a kiss...unless the kiss REALLY sold it and then yeah, I want to see that and put it on a loop and play it over and over and ...you get the picture.  Still, they have to save something for next season!

In regards to SA's comment about the issue of how much Oliver meant his I love you or not being addressed early in season three, I really think it's going to be a hint toward he meant it but then Felicity will be the one to pull back because it would complicate their working relationship.  I also have to say I want their possible relationship put on hold because I do not want Oliver and Felicity to be a thing with the baby mama drama starts up.  That is going to be messy as hell and as much as I'd hoped that baby mama would be dead (and thus the reason for Connor's emergence into Oliver's life) I know I read somewhere that the mother is alive so....yeah good luck to us all.

So here's what will happen.  Baby mama come to town.  Drops her bomb.  Oliver freaks but gradually warms to the idea.  Light father son bonding plus probably some baby mama bonding too.  Briefly Oliver dreams of having a family.  Something happens where either they are put in danger or the city needs him and he has to sacrifice showing up to a ball game or something.  Still, broken promises and Oliver decides he can't have them and they move away.  (Then in season 9 the mom dies and a new speedy in training comes to Starling but I get ahead of myself)

• Love 5

I look forward to Laurel's reaction to the baby. I hope she has a snit fit, or maybe she's reached the point where she's like "you know what, it doesn't matter. I won't hold it against you." And then she leaves Starling City and goes somewhere else. Aunt Felicity, awwwwwwwwwwww!!!

• Love 2

If Laurel knows Oliver half as well as she claims to, she shouldn't be surprised Oliver has a kid, or by the fact he cheated on her. Given his history she should be more surprised he doesn't have dozens all over the place. Come to think of it, I am too.

• Love 11
(edited)

The new and improved Laurel will lovingly accept the baby and forgive Oliver, thus making Laurel fans love her even more and changing the minds of those who don't love her to hearts and flowers.

Honestly, the only way i could accept a warm and loving Laurel is if the EPs recast the part with an actress who can convincingly portray Laurel as warm and compassionate and who has tons of chemistry with Stephen Amell.  Only then do they have a snowball's chance in hell of overcoming the sister-swapping and inconsistent character arc to make Laurel likeable and someone I could root for.  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Laurel kind of has no reason or rhyme. We never know how she'll react, or we do but the writers decide to make her react completely different. Consistency is what she lacks in a bad way. But then she's been that way with Oliver since the beginning. Now she knows he's Oliver and not Ollie anymore (please make her stop saying that) maybe she can learn who this new person is. I'll hold onto hope that she has a snit fit and leaves Starling City after baby mama and child arrive.

• Love 2

The new and improved Laurel will lovingly accept the baby and forgive Oliver, thus making Laurel fans love her even more and changing the minds of those who don't love her to hearts and flowers.

I don't know how early in the game they planned on giving Oliver the kid, but now I'm wondering if that episode Laurel had to protect the little kid was kind of them testing out how would KC and Amell relate to children on screen. I ended up thinking Susanna Thompson and Colin Donnell were the only ones that did well with the kid, oh the irony.

(edited)

Ah but the baby mama confirmed being alive and thus likely to appear on the show next season is to my knowledge still a spoiler which is the reason I stopped talking about it in Spec without spoilers since I had been convinced she would be dead thus saving us from baby mama drama.

I don't think I can separate the child's existence and eventual arrival on screen from the mother coming around as well which is the jumping off point of all my spec now.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Now I'm starting to think (or hope) that while the kid most likely is going to become a plot point, it won't be for long (if the kid actually becomes a cast member I may be done with the show). Most likely the woman, with kid in tow, will show up in Starling because the news of Moira's death got out and she figures it's safe to come back and introduce him or her to Oliver. Depending on what they want her character to be she could be looking for money or she may just want Oliver to know his child. Once back in Starling she/they will either be kidnapped by the villain of the week, or else she will get suspicious about Oliver's disappearing act and follow him, either way she finds out he is the Arrow, packs up the kid and leaves town. Oliver will let her go because he knows both of them will be safer as far away from him as possible. He and we will know the kid exists but it won't be a drain on the show, and if it turns out to be a boy and his name is Conner those who know the comics will understand what that means for the future.

• Love 1
Hmm. Interesting, I had not heard confirmation on the mother being alive. Can we get a link?

I think it's from SA's appearance at the Phoenix Con last weekend, he talked about pitching an idea to the producers about how to bring the Baby Mama story into S3 and that the producers were going to run with it.  

Here's a link to the panel, can't give you a timestamp, sorry.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought Amell said or at least implied in his last panel (Phoenix) that baby mama would be introduced in The Flash (she's in Central City after all) and would be a reasons for a cross over.   Morrigan posted link at the same time I wrote this.

Edited by Sunshine

A Central City crossover makes sense because it provides an action type reason to bring them on as opposed to a soapy reason.  The baby mama has no real reason to contact Oliver for herself, as far as she knows he's still an irresponsible douche except now he's a broke douche.  Often the meeting daddy scene is motivated by the child  wanting to know his reason father but he's pretty young at this point and if I were his mother, I'd want to keep him away from Oliver till he was better able to handle having a wastrel father.

So there could be some crisis in Central City that makes Oliver aware that the baby didn't die after all but is living in CC with his mother.  Then they return with him to Starling City and cue the arc.  I'd love to have the babymama happily married but I fear this show won't be able to resist having her single and a vision of a happy family tempting Oliver.  Maybe it's mean of me but if they don't do anything better with her than this (which sounds like something on a par with Laurel's addiction arc), I hope the sooner she and child return to Central City the better.

“So sitting in a Katie Cassidy panel in Sydney and not only did she all but confirm she will be Black Canary in Season 3 but also said that there is nothing between Oliver and Felicity.

So take from that what you will but she is definitely not a Felicity fan. She got really annoyed when she was asked an Olicity question.

Katie Cassidy Quotes: “I mean come on I’m wearing leather pants”(o.O) “You saw I got the leather jacket at the end of season 2, right” “A fight between ‘Felicity’ and Laurel *rolls eyes* Laurel’s got this”

KC @Sydney comic con

I am disgusted that a professional actor would behave this way at an event. I am boycotting Arrow as long as she is on the show. I suggest everyone use social media to let themselves be heard. She is a disgrace.

(edited)
If the EP's are being forced to keep Laurel around for some reason (contractually, for example) but otherwise don't like the character and wanted to get rid of her, there are ways around it. If KC has to be in X number of episodes per season they show her briefly at the DA's office or something and otherwise keep her off the show as much as possible until her contract runs out then she dies in a fire or something.

She missed 3 or 4 episodes in  season 2, didnt she. I wonder what that was about, it just seems strange to me a supposed leading female misses so many episodes. maybe they have that kind of deal you are talking about. 

If the EPs want Laurel to work at all, they need to stop writing her in a vacuum.  They write Laurel just for Laurel, not for the entire plot.  Everything Laurel does is about Laurel.  The only character that can really get away with that is the title character and that's because everyone else is in some way involved with the plot around him.

Agree, they have isolated and marginalised the character. After season 1 they had a chance to reduce this but they only marginified it in season 2. So I don't know why they continue to be surprised the way the character is viewed and treated in fandom. Characters needs to have a purpose and a reason to be there in the show, which became little to non existent with this character. I see people who delibarately don't want to change the circumstances of the characters for some interesting reason that I would be curious about, because if they did want change, something so simple wouldn't have taken two long years. Sorry Arrow writers, for  not being optimistic that the 3rd year will be it, for this character.

Katie Cassidy Quotes: “I mean come on I’m wearing leather pants”(o.O) “You saw I got the leather jacket at the end of season 2, right” “A fight between ‘Felicity’ and Laurel *rolls eyes* Laurel’s got this”

KC @Sydney comic con

Whoa, whoa, whoa, looks like I a lot went down in this con, not a KC fan but I cant miss this drama unfolding. Will have to get my hands on these videos. 

So Katie and Manu just did a panel together in Sydney and Katie made a point to show off how buff she's gotten. Plus pointed out the black leather shirt she was wearing.

Did she actually and realistically look buff though, is the question. 

Edited by Conell

I feel bad for KC.  She was hired to play a particular role.   Laurel should be the person on the side of the law that is willing to secretly work with Arrow.  She should be kicking ass and developing into the Canary.  She should be the love interest.   The writes have given those traits to Quentin, Sara, and Felicity.  KC's position in the show is threatened, and I'm not surprised she's defensive about it.  Still, I think she needs to be more professional about it.  I think people can dislike a character but still like the actress if she handles public appearances in a charming manor.  She needs to not let her professional fears show in public.

I'm not surprised KC feels threatened by Felicity and Felicity/Oliver, and it's been obvious she's campaigning to become BC in season 3 in every single public appearance she's made since S2 ended. But I am surprised she IS showing how much she's threatened by Felicity. You'd think a professional actress would be better at acting in a more diplomatic way in a crowd that obviously have some Felicity and F/O fans. Wow.

At least I think this clears up whether Felicity and Laurel will ever be friends on the show? If KC feels contempt about Felicity, I really really doubt she'll be able to make Laurel show any warmth towards Felicity, ever.

Sigh. I'm not, but that's because I kinda feel that I've already seen the love rivalries for Oliver and Felicity played out on this show, so I don't feel I need to see another one, and I'm not really looking forward to another lengthy love triangle. Oh well. Fortunately for me, given this show, it shouldn't last too long. 

I'm actually more interested in the casting call for the Hong Kong people. So, Oliver is going to be working with people who can show him that yes, you can be a skilled martial artist/do whatever it is that they are doing AND be a devoted father? I'm assuming this will be used to parallel Oliver's current kid situation, but I'm wondering what happened between witnessing that and Oliver's return to Starling City convinced that serious relationships wouldn't work for him, something that was confirmed with McKenna?

Regarding the mother: since Amell mentioned her and said the writers would be using his idea, I'm assuming this means that she will be brought up relatively early in the season - in the first nine episodes. I have no proof for this - just last year, most of what was hinted at during the summer popped up in the first nine episodes.

• Love 1

You know, I did feel bad for KC, but I don't anymore. Not after reading that quote, that is. The least Katie can do is act like an adult. This stuff happens all the time in television yet you don't see other people throwing mini temper tantrums to validate their characters and make themselves feel better. Maybe KC should actually watch the finale before she goes on saying that there's nothing between Oliver and Felicity... Obviously she knew there would've been a kiss between F/O so either she's ignoring that fact, or she's just so deluded that she literally only looks at Arrow in terms of her character only. 

• Love 1

TV Line posted casting descriptions for 4 new recurring characters for S3:

http://tvline.com/20...-love-interest/

So they're possibly casting Ted Kord as a young dude ["Daniel"] who's gonna romance Felicity? I am... pretty okay with that, actually.

The 'Daniel' character sounds interesting.  If he really is a love interest for Felicity, it could mean any of the following:

1.  A four-way love "triangle" (quadrangle?) with Oliver, Laurel, Felicity and Daniel that lasts only through Season 3.

2.  A temporary love triangle with Oliver, Felicity and Daniel that lasts a few episodes.

3.  A potentially serious love interest for Felicity as a way to appease the Olicity fans because the EPs still plan to put Oliver (Green Arrow) with Laurel (Black Canary) as their end game.

• Love 1

I will give her credit for this much: it must be difficult, under the circumstances, to be asked about Oliver and Felicity.  And I'm glad that she's no more eager for a fight between Laurel and Felicity than I am. 

I am, though, slightly confused by the context of the remarks. Is she assuming/stating that the leather jacket scene means that absolutely Laurel will end up with Oliver? In the same episode that had two major Oliver/Felicity moments, including an "I love you," which is more than Laurel technically has had?

(Laurel sorta but not really got one - last season, when she asked Oliver to tell Tommy that he (Oliver) was no longer in love with her, and Oliver said he couldn't say that because it would be a lie. And this season he told Sara that he loved Laurel, but I think that was meant to be in a platonic, friends sort of "No, I am not going to let Helena kill her are you kidding me?" sort of way, though maybe I'm misreading that?  But that's been it, and Oliver was nowhere.)

(edited)

I still think it's producer arrogance/ego (if I'm being mean) or stubbornness (if I'm being nice).  They started out with this vision of Dinah Laurel Lance as the second Black Canary (remember their comment about no one being the original superhero?) and they're not going to deviate from it.

I suspect/expect that the EPs believe that they're going to have such an awesome story arc about Laurel becoming the Black Canary in Season 3 that the fans will all go "oh, we're sorry we ever doubted you - Laurel makes a great Black Canary".

If I'm wrong, then I'll gladly be proven wrong.  My concern is that such an attitude on the parts of TPTB has been the downfall of other shows, and I want Arrow to last beyond Season 3.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I think it can be a mix of those. I think TPTB know Felicity/Oliver can't happen anytime soon. Everyone -- media and fans alike -- have been clamoring for more Felicity storylines, so giving her a romantic interest fits that. It's the typical soap-opera trope, and no matter how many times Guggenheim says they're trying not to be a CW show, they are a CW show. I won't be surprised one iota if they cast "Daniel" in-house, with talent from the recently canceled shows.

If whoever they cast ends up having explosive chemistry with EBR, they can give it a real try and maybe shake the F/O fanbase enough that they can do O/L without fandom exploding [although if Oliver goes back to Laurel because Felicity is happy with someone else, that's just back do demeaning Laurel, isn't it?]. If Felicity/Daniel ends up being lukewarm, they can go back to F/O with the knowledge that they tried something else, but F/O are definitely the OTP of the show.

• Love 5

The Daniel guy is more than likely to be Ted Kord aka Blue Bettle a major superhero in DC universe. Maybe, they are looking for another spin off potential. Hopefully the Lady in the flashbacks is Lady shiva.

Trying to find something good in all this business with KC commenting about the leather pants and the jacket (also when was she wearing leather pants??) and that Laurel would win in a fight between Laurel and Felicity (doubtful),maybe this means Laurel is jealous of Felicity and Oliver and instead of wearing the black clothing to be a hero she'll become a villain.

(edited)

TV Line posted casting descriptions for 4 new recurring characters for S3:

http://tvline.com/2014/06/14/arrow-season-3-spoilers-oliver-rivals-felicity-love-interest/

So they're possibly casting Ted Kord as a young dude ["Daniel"] who's gonna romance Felicity? I am... pretty okay with that, actually.

That is definitely sounding like Ted Kord and that article - with "Daniel" being a rival both "personally and professionally" for Oliver - I'm guessing Kord Industries (which has been mentioned a couple of times in "Arrow" already) does come in and buy up Queen Consolidated's shares.  Essentially saving the Queen family company and thus also saves Felicity's job and that of thousands of other employees.  An in right there for Ted gaining Felicity's good favor.

Though I can almost already see the dichotomy playing out here with Oliver that though Ted will likely be far superior in the business side of things and also the intelligentsia which he'd share with Felicity, that article is making it sound he hasn't yet taken the Blue Beetle persona, but he's on the verge of it (again, if it is Ted Kord we're talking about here).  In which case, he'd be a total novice to the superhero stuff unlike Oliver, Dig, Felicity and Roy.  In other words, if Ted is pretty much Mr. Perfect in every other thing and making Oliver seem lacking, despite all his high tech gadgetry, he'll be a rookie as a superhero and prone to rookie's mistakes and/or hubris.  If he has a tragic past, I'd also wonder how much anger he's carrying around with him and if he's bringing that into any superhero work.

Speculating at random here, but I also wouldn't be surprised Ted puts Felicity back into the tech or R&D side of Queen Consolidated.  Also would help him gain Felicity's good favor.

Edited by ArctisTor

No,  I get that Cassidy is assuming that she will be the Black Canary next season and is very frustrated that even after the jacket handover scene viewers are questioning that and questioning whether or not she'll be believable as the Black Canary next season. In her place I'd be frustrated too.

What I'm questioning is this: in context, was she suggesting that this elevation to the Black Canary role guarantees that Laurel will be with Oliver?  I'm asking, because I'm finding it hard to read the scripts from the second season and come to that conclusion. The entire second season, with two small exceptions (in the Man Under the Hood, with Laurel's hug, and City of Blood, with Laurel's "I know you, Oliver," speech) seemed to be focusing on just how bad and toxic Laurel and Oliver are together, with a bonus sideplot featuring Sara showing that although Black Canary and Arrow make great fighting partners, they don't make great romantic partners.

None of that's to say that Oliver and Felicity will end up together, mind you, just that so far, there really hasn't been much indication in the show that Black Canary and Arrow will or even should end up together as romantic partners, regardless of who the Canary is. 

So if that's her argument, it's not working for me.

Catrox14, this show has done an outstanding job of laying the foundations for Laurel to be a villain - one of my friends even mentioned that if it weren't for the whole Nyssa's twisted love for Sara thing, it would have made a lot more sense for Laurel, not Sara, to step on that boat and join the League of Assassins under the circumstances, and there's a lot to be said for that argument, but for whatever reason, the Going Evil route was given to Thea instead, and I'm not sure why the show would try to replicate it for Laurel.

• Love 5

but for whatever reason, the Going Evil route was given to Thea instead, and I'm not sure why the show would try to replicate it for Laurel.

Do we know for sure that Thea is going the evil route?  So far she's just gone with Malcolm because she feels completely disenfranchised now from Oliver and Roy.  She still could end up a redemptive character route maybe training with Malcolm and becoming Speedy in the end. Laurel could still be a different villain of her own accord with her own motivations.  I'm just not understanding why KC would present a supposed superhero in such a negative light. I mean she might think she's stoking some drama but it makes her look petty. 

She'd do well to say something like "Oh Felicity is great. Emily is great playing Felicity, but Laurel's gonna have her own thing going on this season" blah blah blah.

• Love 2
(edited)

3.  A potentially serious love interest for Felicity as a way to appease the Olicity fans because the EPs still plan to put Oliver (Green Arrow) with Laurel (Black Canary) as their end game.

tv echo,  can you elaborate a little on this?  How does giving Felicity a love interest and putting Oliver and Laurel back together appease Olicity fans? 

At first spoiler, I'd go with 2 as the initial plan, but it'll probably depend on casting and such.  Speaking of...

I won't be surprised one iota if they cast "Daniel" in-house, with talent from the recently canceled shows.

"Paging Luke Mitchell, paging Luke Mitchell, your abs, oops, I mean your presence is requested on the set of Arrow."  Heh.

The one thing I will put out in the universe to the show's EPs: whoever ends up as this "Daniel" guy, however much chemistry he and EBR have, don't tell us every 5 seconds in the media how much chemistry they have. The oversell on Barry and Barry/Felicity made me want to just get those eps over with (and I ultimately enjoyed them, but man, I was tired of hearing about wonderful Barry was by the time they aired).

edited for proper attribution, in too much of a hurry

Edited by JenMD
  • Love 5

Oh, sure, Thea can be redeemed. But it might take the entire season, which would delay any Laurel goes evil stuff.

And honestly, if Cassidy really said there's nothing between Oliver and Felicity, then I'm seriously back to wondering if she's watching the show and what on earth is going on behind the set. It's one thing to say - "Oh, you know how these shows go. But I have every confidence that Oliver and Laurel will work it out by the end."  That's fine, and given this show, maybe even true (I hope not, but maybe.) But to say there is nothing between Oliver and Felicity would be akin to me saying that Laurel wasn't the original love interest. Which leads me to this:

remember their comment about no one being the original superhero?

No, but now that you mention it: Oliver wasn't the first person to wear the green hood, and Slade wasn't the first Deathstroke, and Felicity wasn't the first love interest. 

Just as an observation.

• Love 1

Luke Mitchell FTW!

Good actor, I really liked his character on TTP.

I expected Ted Kord to be older didn't Robert/Moira go to one of his functions in a flashback or something? Of course that wouldn't stop the EPs, thwy haven't met a storyline they weren't ready to retcon as soon as something shiny came along.

• Love 2

"Paging Luke Mitchell, paging Luke Mitchell, your abs, oops, I mean your presence is requested on the set of Arrow."  Heh.

Ha, I was just telling a friend LM would be perfect for this role.

And ITA with the toning down the chemistry talk to the media. If it's there, everyone will see it without being told to. But speaking of chemistry, whoever they cast, please please please let them make sure to do a chem screen test with EBR.

• Love 3
(edited)

They went to a function but Kord Industries was started by Ted's father, so it would be more appropriate for Ted to be a peer of Oliver's. A guy in his late 20s taking over daddy's corporation, hmm...where have I heard that before.

Edited by thecatbastet
  • Love 1