Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I want all of that, yes. If she's the CEO for good and not just waiting to give it back to Oliver (or even if she does but acts as it for a significant time) I want to see her do CEO things from time to time...wouldn't be boring at all to me.

But when did I say she needed a business degree?

I think it's just as ridiculous.

This is going nowhere. You obviously hate Felicity's very existence and no matter what you will discount any defense mounted on her behalf. Can we dispense with this pointless argument since you're not open to any scenario that paints Felicity as competent and adaptive?

Let's move on, shall we?

• Love 15

Tbh, they never showed Oliver shown doing CEO things (whatever they are) but hey, we accept it because he is a man and even if he is a college drop out, let's believe it. Felicity despite being the smartest person on both the shows cannot do it because we have not seen. So much internalized misogyny ....

This is my last comment on the topic because this discussion is getting ridiculous. I should not have responded because certain comments are just posted to goad other commenters into reacting and I am ashamed that I took the bait. I normally avoid it.

• Love 11

Clearly we just need access to whatever closed-circuit spy camera feed any random villain has set up (Slade last year, Malcolm this year) to be able to see whatever anyone is doing at any given minute. Like a Team Arrow version of The Truman Show.

• Love 5

You're right, she wasn't. Had to be someone though since sure as hell wasn't Oliver.

So then what this really is about your dislike for Felicity. If Isabel wasn't shown running things and we actually had Felicity make sure Oliver was meeting his demands and handing him stacks of phone numbers to keep up appearances at QC then Felicity was doing more than Isabel company wise. This is such a silly argument because we have clearly stated how Felicity was at least shown to be doing things with the company.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hey, if showing Felicity do more CEO activities/maybe possibly struggling with the transition gives her more screentime (which it will) then I'm all for it ;) But I totally know that doing so will cause a few people to complain about there's too much Felicity and all the other characters are being marginalized :p Oh well, there's no winning.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 13

Anyhooooo...

Regarding Diggle, I think Oliver is going to have to prove himself worthy of his trust and friendship. It would seem insincere for it to happen over just one episode, yet I dread it dragging out. I know things can't go back to what they were. Just apprehensive for season 4 after the debacle of 3.

• Love 6

Felicity has spent two seasons being a major player in that company. Moira seemingly spent 5 years as Walter's wife and she got to be CEO. Oliver spent 5 years on "the island" and a year back getting into trouble and he got to be CEO.

Felicity is a computer genius. She didn't just work with computers. We know she isn't just an Internet code hacker type since she can fix hardware as well as software. She is quite trained to be an owner of a tech company-especially a tv one Imo.

And just because Ray transfered the ownership of the company to Felicity doesn't mean she'll be CEO. If he took the company private, it could mean she'll be the only one with equity in the company. She could hire a new CEO. I know that she will be CEO since this is TV and her comic destiny is to be a manager of a tech company.

• Love 3

Just because Ray transferred ownership of Palmer to Felicity doesn't make her CEO. She may appoint someone else, let me see who could that be... wait wait don't tell me.  Or like most excellent leaders you surround yourself with a team.  Seriously it's a TV show it's not real life, why are we even discussing whether or not she is qualified. 

Can we get back to discussing the finale. 

Felicity has spent two seasons being a major player in that company. Moira seemingly spent 5 years as Walter's wife and she got to be CEO. Oliver spent 5 years on "the island" and a year back getting into trouble and he got to be CEO.

Felicity is a computer genius. She didn't just work with computers. We know she isn't just an Internet code hacker type since she can fix hardware as well as software. She is quite trained to be an owner of a tech company-especially a tv one Imo.

And just because Ray transfered the ownership of the company to Felicity doesn't mean she'll be CEO. If he took the company private, it could mean she'll be the only one with equity in the company. She could hire a new CEO. I know that she will be CEO since this is TV and her comic destiny is to be a manager of a tech company.

great minds think alike! I was typing and posting at the same time as you. LOL

• Love 4

All is good for me if they show Felicity. Let these haters fume. While Emily Bett Rickards is getting paid these haters are getting angrier and angrier lmao

Hahaha that's the way I feel. Love Felicity

(edited)

From TVecho in the Spoilers/ Behind the scenes thread (from SA's panel in Philadelphia):

-- When asked if he will become evil Ra's, he said that there's some point during this season that he will officially become Ra's al Ghul.  But later on, he said "we shall see" when asked if he becomes Ra's al Ghul, so maybe I misheard him the first time.

"During this season" means in the finale, right? So, does that mean that Oliver kills Ra's and then hands the LoA over to Nyssa?

Edited by Kordi

You wrote that they would be pulling any management skills she has out of thin air, which they wouldn't since she's been VP of Palmer Technologies for however many months. Not saying she's qualified, but she's not completely unqualified.

Uh...yes. It's a visual medium. 

We haven't seen her manage anything as VP. Have we?

Her field is computers...running a company requires more than that. Just because the writers and Ray say that she's qualified/has the skills to run the company. It's a bit much to have her do everything well.

Actually.. We have seen Felicity work as VP. In one of the earlier episodes this season, the one with the blue dress, Felicity was the one who managed to acquire the Dwarf Ray wanted. Part of running a company is being able to sale your company/products/yourself as manager to investors, potential employees and so on.

• Love 5

From TVecho in the Spoilers/ Behind the scenes thread (from SA's panel in Philadelphia):  "During this season" means in the finale, right? So, does that mean that Oliver kills Ra's and then hands the LoA over to Nyssa?

Dream scenario: Nyssa kills Ra's, looks at Oliver and goes "now you're Ra's, should I kill you too?" And Oliver goes NOPE, you can has it, screw you guys I'm going home.

• Love 8
(edited)

I can't swear that I heard SA accurately.  I was busy typing and I heard what I thought SA said, and remember stopping and going 'huh? did he just say that?'  But then later on, when he was asked about becoming Ra's, he was all 'if he becomes Ra's' and 'we will see'.  So (shrug)... hopefully, we'll get a media report or video at some point.

MG's comment about the first three seasons being like a trilogy makes me think that S3 will end happily for Oliver & Felicity.  But at the same time, it makes me dread what will happen to them next season.  If S1-S3 is like the first phase of Oliver's journey toward becoming the GA, then I fear it'll be like the 'Gwen Stacy' phase - not that I think they'll kill off Felicity (she's too popular), but that there will be some plot contrivance that breaks them apart and makes it impossible for them to be together.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

MG Said there is more of a Balance next season so I'm hoping the angst isn't as bad as this season and someone's theory about Olicity being basically solid while oliggle bromance has the problems(I won't like that either but the Olicity angst was so draining). According to new spoilers Laurel has a big storyline as well next season. MG said Diggle and Felicity get one too so here's to hoping

• Love 3

Uh..no.

I just don't think she can do everything like some here.

There's a difference between not thinking she can do everything and refusing to give her credit for a job we know she's been doing for the past season, which is why people were arguing with you in the first place.

• Love 18
(edited)

I can't swear that I heard SA accurately.  I was busy typing and I heard what I thought SA said, and remember stopping and going 'huh? did he just say that?'  But then later on, when he was asked about becoming Ra's, he was all 'if he becomes Ra's' and 'we will see'.  So (shrug)... hopefully, we'll get a media report or video at some point.

MG's comment about the first three seasons being like a trilogy makes me think that S3 will end happily for Oliver & Felicity.  But at the same time, it makes me dread what will happen to them next season.  If S1-S3 is like the first phase of Oliver's journey toward becoming the GA, then I fear it'll be like the 'Gwen Stacy' phase - not that I think they'll kill off Felicity (she's too popular), but that there will be some plot contrivance that breaks them apart and makes it impossible for them to be together.

I don't think we would be getting a more smiley Oliver next season if he doesn't get the girl. I don't think anyone wants to watch Oliver get the girl and then get ripped apart again. Break up Oliver would not be smiley. 

I'm not looking at the trilogy comment to in depth. I'm more curious about how this season finale is like the series finale. This whole show is the origin story of Green Arrow. So what should happen in the Series Finale? He becomes the Green Arrow. I think he may take that name instead of going back to Arrow. Or he hangs up the hood for now but we get a neon green sign leading to Green Arrow.

Edited by 10Eleven12

According to new spoilers Laurel has a big storyline as well next season. MG said Diggle and Felicity get one too so here's to hoping

I don't think that spoiler is correct. The other poster on Twitter and my friend's husband both said it sounded like KC had no idea what Laurel's story was next year. According to my friend's husband KC just agreed with what fans said but never offered any insight of her own.

I believe that write up saying that Laurel has a big story lined is a little twisted. They possibly took KCs comment about how there was a S3 Laurel storyline that didn't happen but she couldn't talk about it because they might do it in S4 and translated it into big Laurel storyline next year.

(edited)

I don't think that spoiler is correct. The other poster on Twitter and my friend's husband both said it sounded like KC had no idea what Laurel's story was next year. According to my friend's husband KC just agreed with what fans said but never offered any insight of her own.

I believe that write up saying that Laurel has a big story lined is a little twisted. They possibly took KCs comment about how there was a S3 Laurel storyline that didn't happen but she couldn't talk about it because they might do it in S4 and translated it into big Laurel storyline next year.

Oh ok thanks for the clear up. I remember Guggie saying something about Diggle and Felicity getting more focus next seaso and this season Laurel got her big storyline and of Course Ray was shoved down our throats Edited by jay741982

That's why I wish KC's panel had been recorded. Some said she said this, or this was a response to that, or the audience did this or that. 

A few people I saw on twitter mentioned it sounded like she didn't have an idea what was going to happen for her character in S4. Nice to have confirmation.

Right now I would say it seems like apart from the EPs, SA and DR are the cast members with the most knowledge about S4. At least, they are the ones talking about it in stronger terms.

• Love 1

He definitely said it. I remember thinking oh, Ra's definitely dies then. No more insecure imprisoning for the seasonal supervillain.

• Love 1

He definitely said it. I remember thinking oh, Ra's definitely dies then. No more insecure imprisoning for the seasonal supervillain.

Yeah, I'm wondering how this works. I was hoping Nyssa would kill Ra's, but it seems like Diggle and Thea are out together and Nyssa and Laurel are out together trying to take care of these FOUR INSTRUMENTS OF DEATH, leaving Oliver to battle Ra's. I thought they'd have Oliver subdue him or something so Nyssa could actually kill him to ascend (even though this is weak sauce), but if Oliver becomes Ra's then I guess he does it. 

Not sure what would happen after, since MG said Ra's is a title you hold until you die, although I'm not exactly putting faith in them being faithful to their own canon here, so who knows. 

(edited)

That's why I wish KC's panel had been recorded. Some said she said this, or this was a response to that, or the audience did this or that.

My friend's husband's "report" was pretty similar to others I saw on Twitter.

KC didn't really know what LLs S4 story was.

KC encouraged Lauiver fans to tweet the EPs if they wanted O/L to get back together. This was met with silence.

KC swore Laurel would do the Salmon Ladder in S4. This was met with laughter (not the good kind).

KC showed up 15 minutes late for the panel, no explanation as to why (don't know if they never said or he just forgot).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

That's really not the same thing at all.

This show isn't about Queen Consolidated, and we saw little to zero of ANYONE running the company, even when scenes have been explicitly set there, we didn't "see" how Moira "skills" or "qualifications", we didn't see Walter's, and we sure as shit know Oliver has zero capacity to run a company. All of that aspect of the show is has been told and not *shown* cause the show isn't ABOUT that. Felicity, is not unique the respect of only earning it because the narrative says so.

• Love 14

My friend's husband's "report" was pretty similar to others I saw on Twitter.

KC didn't really know what LLs S4 story was.

KC encouraged Lauiver fans to tweet the EPs if they wanted O/L to get back together. This was met with silence.

KC swore Laurel would do the Salmon Ladder in S4. This was met with laughter (not the good kind).

KC showed up 15 minutes late for the panel, no explanation as to why (don't know if they never said or he just forgot).

LOL at no response to the Laurviver response

• Love 2
There's a difference between not thinking she can do everything and refusing to give her credit for a job we know she's been doing for the past season, which is why people were arguing with you in the first place.

Seems if I say anything negative or critical of her it happens. 

We don't know is the point. We're just assuming based on one time she brought up quarterly reports. 

Previously she spoke of Oliver and Laurel getting back together in-story (best friends, soul mates, GA and BC, never say never), if she is now looking outside of that for fan influence to get them back together then I really don't think that the EPs have any intention of going back there. 

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Oliver killing Ra's and 'handing' the title to Nyssa. I really want Nyssa to defeat Ra's. It would be slightly amusing if Nyssa killed him in a fight. Oliver can stand there confused and Nyssa can turn to him and say "What? I've been going easy on you 'cause Sara asked me too.'

• Love 5
(edited)

We don't know is the point. We're just assuming based on one time she brought up quarterly reports. 

You're being nonsensically critical. We do know that she's Vice President of Palmer Technologies - the person who appointed her to the position told us so. You're picking and choosing what you need to see to believe. You don't need to see Laurel train (ETA with Nysaa) to know that she's been training with Nyssa, but you do need to see Felicity do some kind of a vice presidential thing to believe that she's been doing that job. People here are just pointing out how ridiculous that is. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13
(edited)

But we have seen her. Just not often. Taking on a mugger is part of her training. How is that not clear?

I meant training with Nyssa - forgot to put her name in there.

Regardless, you've seen Felicity mention quarterly reports and patent filings, which are vice presidential duties that she is handling. How is that not clear? You are proving my point.

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

This could be KC having a love interest. Wildcat was supposed to be her love interest last year but the actor had to leave because of other commitments so that story line went nowhere. This could just mean she's getting another one. Although, from that report about liking kissing SA and asking the fans to tweet EPs about LL/OQ, looks like she's still hung up on LL becoming Oliver's romantic interest again *shrugs*

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 4

Which we haven't seen. (Also a title she wasn't really qualified for...unless she learned a lot working in the IT department) 

Felicity has been running Oliver's tech the entire time.

Just because we didn't see a day in the life of Felicity the VP of IT we did get a mention of earnings reports and patents, her genius and ingenuity, and her degree from MIT that makes it all completely believable and acceptable.

• Love 8

There's no question that in the real world, Felicity, regardless of her brief VP stint, would not be qualified to run a large corporation. Neither would Oliver. The jury's out on Moira because we don't know what she did before Robert died. For all we know, she could've been a high-powered executive perfectly qualified to run QC. But none of this matters. Because this is a TV show. A TV show with Lazarus pits and magic herbs and 20-minute flights between Asia and the U.S. Real-world constraints do not apply.

• Love 23

How about couch surfing? That seemed to work for MM. :)

Yea, my money on the death this season being Ras. I don't think there will be any other deaths in the finale now that Maseo & Akio have both died.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know someone will...LOL), but we don't actually know that Ray transferred ownership to Felicity.  She's VP of the company, so her signature may also be required to transfer it back to Oliver.  Could be that much of this weekend has been spent arguing about Felicity's capabilities to do something that may not actually even be in play on the show. 

• Love 1

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know someone will...LOL), but we don't actually know that Ray transferred ownership to Felicity.  She's VP of the company, so her signature may also be required to transfer it back to Oliver.  Could be that much of this weekend has been spent arguing about Felicity's capabilities to do something that may not actually even be in play on the show. 

read the document.  said:

1- "Ray Palmer, CEO of Palmer Technologies Starling City, .....transfers the field of Palmer Technologies to Vice President Felicity Smoak.

2-  This business transfer agreement is made between Ray Palmer, CEO of Palmer Tech Industries and Felicity Smoak, vice president of Palmer Tech Industries, based in Starling City, USA.

10408076_1591064757840246_16252768145318

• Love 4
I meant training with Nyssa - forgot to put her name in there.

Regardless, you've seen Felicity mention quarterly reports and patent filings, which are vice presidential duties that she is handling. How is that not clear? You are proving my point.

Taking on the mugger was part of the training. Nyssa was right there and critiqued her right afterwards. That's akin to on the job training. Learn by doing

Felicity mentioning a task isn't the same as doing that task. So no...I didn't. 

(edited)

I would love it if Felicity hired Walter to help run the company again. Along with killing Moira, I think one of the biggest mistakes was to let Walter go. He's part of their family and a big part of Thea's life. It would have been good to see Walter try to get her away from Malcolm. I'd love to see him back next season. Doubtful but one can dream!

Anyhooooo...
Regarding Diggle, I think Oliver is going to have to prove himself worthy of his trust and friendship. It would seem insincere for it to happen over just one episode, yet I dread it dragging out. I know things can't go back to what they were. Just apprehensive for season 4 after the debacle of 3.

I'm dreading the Oliver/Diggle angst too. It's deserved and shouldn't be resolved in one or two episodes but I really hope it doesn't drag out the whole season. PLEASE. I had enough with Oliver and Felicity being apart this season, I don't want to go through it with Diggle and Oliver too. The Original OTP. Ha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6

1) Trilogy: they were ripping off the dark knight trilogy and Batman in general. Maybe now they are outgrowing it (or ran out of material to rip off) and seeing that people are sick of it.

2) Two words: Baby Mama.

So, anyone who wants to hear more stuff about CEO Felicity Smoak and my response to Wingster55, its under the tag. 

I want to say this nicely as possible. There are many things Felicity is not good at. Unfortunately for this specific argument, you chose to criticise the one thing that is established as true beyond doubt: her competence. Especially in running a tech company. If you said "felicity has been overly emotional this season" or "I don't feel like she fits with the others' stories this season" or whatever, it would be about your feelings and even if people gave reasons for it, they still can't tell you: no, you're wrong because it's your takeaway from it. Instead you decided to argue over facts. Facts that the script have given you but you have decided are not true unless you see them. Which makes no sense unless you enjoy torturous viewing experiences. Certain things that can be established through dialogue will be done so because there is something else that needs to be shown. Are you telling me that before we saw 305, you didn't believe that Felicity actually studied CS at MIT? You're saying that it's stretching believability that 

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion on Felicity but if you don't want people to point out holes in your arguments "against" her aptitude, you need to make sure they're valid. Pointing out that a MS MIT graduate who has worked in close quarters for the CEO and pretty much did his job for him

Taking on the mugger was part of the training. Nyssa was right there and critiqued her right afterwards. That's akin to on the job training. Learn by doing

Actually, that task is being done as she is talking about or was just completed. Or are you saying she was lying? And if that's not something she would be doing as part of her job, she would not use it as an example/excuse for what she was doing there. I'm sorry but your logic makes no sense. Paperwork and fight training do not need the same level of exposition. 

There's no question that in the real world, Felicity, regardless of her brief VP stint, would not be qualified to run a large corporation. Neither would Oliver. The jury's out on Moira because we don't know what she did before Robert died. For all we know, she could've been a high-powered executive perfectly qualified to run QC. But none of this matters. Because this is a TV show. A TV show with Lazarus pits and magic herbs and 20-minute flights between Asia and the U.S. Real-world constraints do not apply.

1) True enough

2) Even by real world standards, a lot of CEOs with exact same training and education, or less, exist in the real world (Hello, Silicon Valley!) so I don't understand what makes anyone so sure she can't do it when for all intents and purposes, she was doing the CEO's job in S2 because Oliver sure wasn't actually doing the job. Who do we think did the research necessary? This season, she was named VP of PT. Which didn't bother me, because VPs can be specialised for a certain branches and yes, people with certain qualifications in a company that the CEO really needs can be brought in at that level. She also has working knowledge on how to run QC, if at least by osmosis. 

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Oliver killing Ra's and 'handing' the title to Nyssa. I really want Nyssa to defeat Ra's. It would be slightly amusing if Nyssa killed him in a fight. Oliver can stand there confused and Nyssa can turn to him and say "What? I've been going easy on you 'cause Sara asked me too.'

YUSSSSS!!!!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

But you didn't see Nyssa teaching Laurel the moves that she's crititiquing and yet you're not questioning that Nyssa taught them to her. So yeah, you did.

But you win. dcinmb is right-this horse is beyond dead.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Ok I'm done with this as well. Sorry for dragging it out

Man I hope that happens.

As for Diggle-Oliver's rift..I wouldn't mind it lasting half a season. 

As for Diggle-Oliver's rift..I wouldn't mind it lasting half a season. 

I could potentially agree, depending on how they set it up and what they can do to keep it fresh for 9-11 episodes.

One of the things I've learned about serial series writing is the notion that each episode should change at least one of the relationships from negative to positive or positive to negative and the more inter-relationships you have the longer you can drag things out before you get to your ideal configuration.

Frankly, there are enough relationship states between just Ollie, Diggle and Laurel (the two most likely to NOT be in his camp at the start of season four) that they could easily get half a season out of it; especially if they work it through with fixing the relationship via Felicity and Thea as middle-men in the rift. If that rift was the central focus of the first half, I honestly could see some of Olicity eloping since that could be a stable background element while the emotional conflict of the season is the damaged Bromance of Ollie and Diggle that needs to be fixed.

• Love 1

Ssssh, I have a secret to tell you:

sotto voce:  There is a character thread for all the character here.  Lots of posts here could be there instead.  I may have to start moving them, but it's not my first choice.

Carry on!  Only 3 more days until the season finale!!!

• Love 3

On tumblr someone said they asked if Oliver and Felicity get married and he said No, not that that really means much since I doubt he would spoil that.

There is still a court house scene coming up right? Could be Lawyer Laurel, but these episodes take place over a few days and I doubt they would waste time on that.