Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Oh the Fern.... how could we forget to monitor what happens to the fern??? Maybe nothing happens to the foundry?? Nothing seems to indicate its gonna be blown up anymore from the new stuff they are releasing. Maybe it happens when LoAOQ comes to attack Nyssa. If its destroyed then by LoA & not TA, then they can't be accused of intentionally damaging evidence.

But I still think LL will destroy the evidence as her going pretty far. If her going pretty far to help OQ, is to volunteer to protect the city while he is away in NP. Which she already has claimed to be be doing for months, Im calling bullshit. I also feel like I need to send MG so he learn the definitions of some of his favorite words - "pretty far", "epic" and "game-changing", as well as some others.

• Love 2

Isn't blowing up the foundry now redundant since Quentin has found out where it is?  They're going to have to find a new base next season.

And if the foundry blows, what happens to Verdant? What will Thea do if she has no club to run?

Isn't blowing up the foundry now redundant since Quentin has found out where it is? They're going to have to find a new base next season.

And if the foundry blows, what happens to Verdant? What will Thea do if she has no club to run?

I think Quentin finding out where it is would be why they would blow it up. To destroy evidence.

I'm sure Thea has insurance on Verdant. If she wanted to, she could rebuild it.

Edited by apinknightmare

yes, there was a skull button, probably a left over from Oliver days when he put it in reminiscing about his skull society days in one of the four Ivy League colleges he dropped out of

If Josh Jackson showed up as an old classmate of Oliver's and rescued Felicity and Diggle from this show that doesn't appreciate them, oh Pacey, I'd love you forever. But now I remembered that Paul Walker has died and there will be no Skulls reunion, and I'm sad. 

Given how angry people were during the TCA panel, you'd think someone would have realized this is a bad idea.  If only the writer (because there was a script) and the EPs who okayed it.

It's become clear both Arrow and The Flash only give lip service to people's criticisms. They're set on whatever they want to do - masks, but only certain masks - and to hell with everyone/thing else. Berlanti took responsibility for the TCA debacle, but I haven't seen any course correcting. They're doubling down and focusing even more on masks and not the characters behind those masks. 

I'm sure, as has been speculated for awhile, that Laurel will throw over her ethics to help Oliver, and she will be touted as bravestrongloveswithherwholeheart. Eesh, I just compared her to Carly Corinthos. I don't even know if I dislike Laurel that much. 

I suspect Thea will get her mask in one of the last eps. She'll probably take over for dead or shipped off Roy. Regarding that, if Roy is getting pulled because of the Teen Titans show, then DC are some punk ass bitches for deciding now that certain characters are off limits. Should have thought about that before greenlighting the characters to begin with.

• Love 12
How would it be? To like...get him in the infirmary so they could smuggle him out or something?

Yeah, I thought of that, and also, maybe there was need for a diversion, and Roy ended up hurt because they didn't think it through?

But that line from the promo is the one thing I'm clinging to that Roy doesn't die in prison.'Cause the alternative is "I'm gonna break Roy from prison... oops, nevermind, he's dead."

• Love 1

As far as the music / song for That Scene is concerned I'd very much prefer simple score, because I find the singer bursting out with lyrics in unappropriate moments utterly funny.

Radioactive worked music-wise, but not lyrics-wise. Music-wise it was ideal for the old-flame, old-passion, let's do it on this wall kind of sex.

However, if I was to choose a song for That Scene, I'd stick with my old time favourites for such scenes:

Typhoon Prosthetic Love (used in Veronica Mars movie) - has a similar feel as Hallelujah, it's slow and tender, but passionate.

Florence and the Machine Cosmic Love (used in CW's Nikita) - starts slow, bursts into energy. Like a good lovemaking should. [Never Let Me Go, another good song by Florence, has been sort of stained for me by Vampire Diaries]

Des'Ree I'm Kissing You (from Romeo&Juliet) - the musical bridge is an utter perfection, and the whole song is a masterpiece.

Jude Madonna (heard on Banshee) - again, soft and slow.

Susie Suh/Robot Koch Here With Me (heard on The Blacklist) - very tender and you can actually feel the movement of the bodies against each other.

my evertime favourite will always be Sarah Mclachlan Possession (ever since Due South), but this song describes a stalker... Still, I always looked past the creepiness of the actual stalker situation and went for the lyrics:

"The night is my companion / And solitude my guide"

"And I would be the one / To hold you down / Kiss you so hard / I'll take your breath away / And after I'd wipe away the tears"

So there. No nu-rock, no aggressive hump-hump music. Sweet and tender, with a hint of passion.

• Love 1

But Thea is related to 1 member and dating another.

And Quentin isn't applying logic to any of his reasoning these days or his daughter would have been arrested along with Diggle and Felicity.

I'll concede your point because a) I don't care about fictional/hypothetical insurance claims at all and probably shouldn't have commented in the first place, and b) if the show wants Thea to have a club, she'll have a club, probably courtesy of Malcolm's seemingly endless supply of cash.

• Love 2

Thought about Ray's suit and Oliver doing the fighting remotely. In my research for candidates for Felicity's father there was a guy that purposely picked fights with all the superheroes so he could record how they fight and then download their experience and abilities so that he'd have them.

I wonder if by Oliver taking control of Rays suit if he basically will have instructed the suit how to fight so that in the future any fighting skills we see for ATOM is actually Oliver. It's kinda cheating (to skip training) but part of me likes that Oliver would be responsible for a lot of his future success.

• Love 4

If Roy dies because they want the character for Titans - then I will totally boycott that show.  If Roy leaves the show because they want COLTON as Roy for Titans - then I totally understand and we might see him show up again on Arrow so ok.  Has an on-the-run from the law Roy been ruled out for the floater yet?

• Love 1

So JB shaved his hair today. I wonder if it's for the show in a similar reason as SA did? Or just coincidence? Probaby he just liked the style from the other boys. He's probably done shooting.

I wonder if by Oliver taking control of Rays suit if he basically will have instructed the suit how to fight so that in the future any fighting skills we see for ATOM is actually Oliver. It's kinda cheating (to skip training) but part of me likes that Oliver would be responsible for a lot of his future success.

I like this idea. Just how frikin awesome would it be?! Oliver should make his own version of Tae Bo with Ray's suit and the two of them can sell it to other countries.

...OK so I'm already seeing issues with it but still. Oliver needs a job.

• Love 3

It doesnt look like she was wearing those long sleeves she was wearing in the video Stephen posted for his campaign. I want to solve the mystery of those long sleeves lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

It looks like a top under her dress, you can see their is neckline around the top of the dress. My guess is it is to keep her warm. Sound stages are very cold.  On the keep cool side, I remember seeing a behind scenes shot of Chris Meloni on L&O SVU, he had the sleeves of his dress shirt cut off so when he wore his suit jacket in the August heat of NYC he didn't roast.  

• Love 2

JB looks like he did when he was playing Captain Jack in Doctor Who post Doctor Dances.  When they put him in that idiotic modern clothing and high and tight haircut.  Thank gods they put him back in his goofy WW II style clothes for Torchwood.  YMMV

l

on topic: my guess is maybe it's just a thing for the LoA

Thought about Ray's suit and Oliver doing the fighting remotely. In my research for candidates for Felicity's father there was a guy that purposely picked fights with all the superheroes so he could record how they fight and then download their experience and abilities so that he'd have them.

Okay this is a good head!canon. So ATOM should really be renamed ATOliver's Mercy?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

I definitely think he's trying to avoid saying yeah Felicty bangs Oliver in two episodes, we're done! I thought it was actually pretty cute/funny how hard he's trying to keep up the illusion there's any chance for Raylicity, when he knows there isn't. 

• Love 3

Yes, when he says "through the course of the next few episodes", I hope he has misspoken, because I effing hate the idea of Felicity sleeping with Oliver while she is attached to Ray.  That's a shitty thing to do, and people would rip her to shreds.

Unless gods forbid, Oliver and Felicity finally have their long awaited sleep over and then something terrible happens to Oliver and Felicity ends up marrying Ray out of grief. Or even worse. Felicity is pregnant.

I definitely think he's trying to avoid saying yeah Felicty bangs Oliver in two episodes, we're done! I thought it was actually pretty cute/funny how hard he's trying to keep up the illusion there's any chance for Raylicity, when he knows there isn't.

I was just hoping they'd end it tomorrow, but I'm guessing that shot of him looking all whatever as he leans against his car is post breakup, at the airplane hangar.

If I didn't know they are gonna go with the mega cliché of having Palmer watch Felicity and Oliver interact just so he can have a lightbulb moment of "well, fuck, that's why she ran away for jell-o", I would be expecting a break up tonight on Flash.

• Love 2

Uh...that interview with BR in the spoilers only thread makes me a bit uneasy. Hopefully he's just being coy because he doesn't want to spoil a breakup.

I'm thinking it has to be a hard question to answer because the episodes are out of sync. The 'few episodes' comment makes sense given the episodes that follow when the crossover was supposed to air (17/18 and I'm assuming 19) really highlight the Oliver and Felicity relationship for Ray. I think he was trying to form his answer for both the crossover which we know happened before Jello and for 3.19 which was after Jello.

Personally, I don't think they are breaking up on 3.19. I think its going to be 3.20 at the start of the episode. I think the 'WTF' reaction from Olicitiers is either them not breaking or the break up getting interupted.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I  kind of love the idea from the screen shots that he's still in wounded break up mode and TA comes to him to ask about working together on this Save Roy plan, and he's instantaneously like Really? Awesome! Yeah his feelings for Felicity were rare and deep. Heh.

Edited by blixie

I love Brandon Routh's interviews.  Especially moments like this:

He's living in denial, to a degree, with the whole Felicity walking out on him after he said, "I love you."

Best coverup for "The CW kept switching schedules on us," ever.   Ray's just in denial about episode 18 until episode 19 starts. Got it!

• Love 5

I was hoping for Felicity breaking up with him, but it really looks like it's going to be Tom..er Ray telling her she has to be with Oliver. How imaginative!

Edited by looptab

Breaking up in 3.19 or 3.20 wouldn't change a lot but god how much I hate the fact they're breaking up the same episode Oliver/Felicity have sex/possible love declaration from her. As a fan, I kind of feel disrespected by the writers, that's just not how I wanted it and I wished they would have thought about it. They knew by the end of the season, O/F were getting some kind of reunion, so I really just don't get why they delayed Ray/Felicity for so long and made them serious in the process. 

Edited by rainydawn
  • Love 8

I personally don't care about the time frame with regards to Felicity and Oliver as long as she breaks up with Ray before she and Oliver sleep together. I was just hoping for sooner for my own sake.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Cisco:  It's a bird.

Caitlin:  It's a plane.

Felicity's It's my boyfriend.

It's embarrassing how much the EPs must be patting themselves on the back for that one.

Brandon Routh seems so excited to be interacting with the Flash cast. Poor guy, I feel sorry for him having only Felicity on Palmer Island all season. It sounds like he really missed the chance to play goofy and fun.

Nice job of covering for the episode order screw-up though, I'm impressed.

I think he, at least, comes to a more mature understanding of the true relationship that Oliver and Felicity have had and sees the connection that they seem to still have.

It sounds like Ray's the one to break up with Felicity, which doesn't make me happy because all season it's been Felicity reacting to a decision someone else made all season.  I'd rather Felicity made her own decisions for a change.

I'm still hoping the break-up is at the end of 319, but since Oliver is in the hospital at the start of 320, I guess it's more likely to be early 320 before boarding the plane. I'd like it to be Felicity's decision to break up with Ray and go with Oliver, but it's looking like it's Ray saying "go with him, he needs you".

• Love 2

It's embarrassing how much the EPs must be patting themselves on the back for that one.

Oh my gosh, this is actual dialogue from an upcoming episode?  How cheesy.  

• Love 9

Yeah, I'm gonna be REAL upset if the break-up isn't at the very least a mutual decision or, better yet, entirely Felicity's choice.

Having Ray be the one to push her towards Oliver because he sees how much she cares for him . . . just no.

Honestly, I'm expecting a big 'moment' at the plane where at the very last second Felicity either decides to 'sacrifice' her relationship with Ray (and maybe by extension her job) to run off and join Oliver or, yuck, Ray tells her to go with him. She runs to join Oliver, they embrace, the music soars . . . and scene.

• Love 1

Oh my gosh, this is actual dialogue from an upcoming episode?  How cheesy.  

It's in the promo for tonight's Flash episode.

Although to be fair, it's nice that they think highly enough of Felicity to give her Superman as a boyfriend.

Edited by statsgirl

Oh my gosh, this is actual dialogue from an upcoming episode?  How cheesy.

It is, but it is the kind of cheese I love and fits perfectly within the Flash tonally, I just am unthrilled because Racility has been handled so poorly, and the janked episode order makes it look even worse.

• Love 1

Honestly, I'm expecting a big 'moment' at the plane where at the very last second Felicity either decides to 'sacrifice' her relationship with Ray (and maybe by extension her job) to run off and join Oliver or, yuck, Ray tells her to go with him. She runs to join Oliver, they embrace, the music soars . . . and scene.

Oh, see I think Oliver's going to be surprised that she's on the plane. I think he's going to get on there fully expecting to leave her behind. Maybe they say their goodbyes and she realizes she loves him too much to let him leave and she ends things with Ray at the airport, probably, where he has driven her because he's a super cool guy.

But yeah. I think Oliver's going to be surprised she's on that plane.

• Love 5

Is that really the dialogue? Oh fuck that. This is just so stupid. Look I loved the funny bit with the Trickster throwing back to Star Wars because it's Mark Fucking Hamill, Luke Skywalker.  But arguable BR played the lesser of the Supermans and why would they even pull at that thread.  Sigh. 

• Love 1

I love Brandon Routh's interviews.  Especially moments like this:

Best coverup for "The CW kept switching schedules on us," ever.   Ray's just in denial about episode 18 until episode 19 starts. Got it!

Interesting, when I read it, i thought it was something more per the show.  I figured we'd have Ray thinking Felicity didn't say I love you and calls it off because she's scared or has issues with commitment and that she just needs time.  I figured it would take interacting with O/F together for him to realize the no she's not running away because she's scared but she's in love with someone else.

In any case, I don't  get the impression that Raylicity is still going on past 319 and that Felicity cheats on Ray with Oliver.  I get the impression that Felicity called it off but Ray is in denial about being dumped

• Love 3

Yes, when he says "through the course of the next few episodes", I hope he has misspoken, because I effing hate the idea of Felicity sleeping with Oliver while she is attached to Ray. That's a shitty thing to do, and people would rip her to shreds.

Since MG said he don't see Felicity as a cheater I think she's single before Hawt sex with Oliver

It is, but it is the kind of cheese I love and fits perfectly within the Flash tonally, I just am unthrilled because Racility has been handled so poorly, and the janked episode order makes it look even worse.

Yeah, I liked the dialogue too, because of its cheese.

• Love 1

Oh, see I think Oliver's going to be surprised that she's on the plane. I think he's going to get on there fully expecting to leave her behind. Maybe they say their goodbyes and she realizes she loves him too much to let him leave and she ends things with Ray at the airport, probably, where he has driven her because he's a super cool guy.

But yeah. I think Oliver's going to be surprised she's on that plane.

I'd definitely prefer your version! That BR interview just made me a little anxious about how the break-up would pan out.

he’s able to see Oliver and Felicity interacting and kind of comes to terms a little bit more with their path together,

This sounds a lot like episode 19 to me. Because in episode 20 O/F are off too NP so Ray won't get a chance to see how they interact. 

I think that they'll both come to a mutual understanding. At least, I hope they do. Because if episode 19 is where Ray comes to a mature understanding of O/Fs relationship and Felicity has already come to terms with her feelings, then it definitely sounds like a mutual thing.

• Love 1

Yeah I get the impression that Felicity will end it. Otherwise mama Smoak's presence was unnecessary (except for the daddy quips). Especially considering BR said Ray "at least comes to an understanding". If after Felicity says she has feelings for Oliver, and runs away when Ray says ILY, Ray still doesn't get it, I doubt he'd be the one to break it off.