Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Good for Billie committing to comfort no matter how ridiculous it looks.

I'm watching on mute so can't hear the E-heads fapping about anything.

Edited by ABay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Very excited for tonight. I love Oscar night and I don't care how long this thing goes until; we all know it will run over anyway, so what's the point in complaining hahaha.

Last night I watched Parasite and I LOVED it. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

The E! people are raving over Billie Ellish, but I think she looks ridiculous. I guess I am old.

She appears to have lovely skin (yeah, she's young, but it looks flawless).  But, yeah, that outfit is ridiculous.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok something I noticed: it's raining and chilly in LA. Isn't it cold on the red carpet? Do they just stand for a few minutes and then go inside?

I think there are possibly some (hidden) heaters on the carpet.  And they are under a tent.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think Kaitlyn Devers looks great and her dress is beautiful, but what exactly makes a dress sustainable?

The E! people are raving over Billie Ellish, but I think she looks ridiculous. I guess I am old.

I think it’s the idea that she didn’t wear something new - wearing something already created doesn’t waste resources to make something new. I’ve become interested in the movement of not buying something new, but using what’s already made.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok something I noticed: it's raining and chilly in LA. Isn't it cold on the red carpet? Do they just stand for a few minutes and then go inside?

If they want to be on TV they tough it up and stand outside for interviews.  It looks like they put a cover up so it is not raining on everyone at least.

I read somewhere (maybe the SNL episode she was in) that Billie Eilish purposely dresses to be non-body-conscious.  Let her music speak for itself.  I like that.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, ABay said:

I've seen one nominated film this year. That's a 100% increase over the previous 10 years.

That is usually me but somehow this year I managed to see all of them except 1917 and Ford v. Ferrari (the latter I have absolutely no interest in) through online viewing. Least favorite has been The Irishman. I might feel differently if I had gotten to see 1917, but currently my favorite is Jojo Rabbit. And not just because of the great use of Bowie's "Heroes"!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

If they want to be on TV they tough it up and stand outside for interviews.  It looks like they put a cover up so it is not raining on everyone at least.

There were pools of water accumulating on top of the tent earlier, and some of our local news people were saying they thought those pools could leak through.  So there is someone up on the tent to get rid of the pools of water as the rain continues to fall throughout the afternoon.

But I think there are also some space heaters hidden around there too.

Edited by TVFan17
2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I thought she was Linda Ellerbee at first.  And while I love Linda Ellerbee, blonde does not work on Olivia.   

...And so it goes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

OK, now I see OC.

For me, it's not the blond hair or the way the tiny earrings clash with the dress, or even the odd homage to origami of the shoulder folds, so much as it's the racing strips down the side that make me shake my head.

• Love 3
Just now, Thumper said:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus looks awesome, as always.  Love the color of her dress.

ITA.  The look is very simple, but accentuates her beautifully and the color works.  

Sandra’s dress is just too much.   

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ABay said:

For me, it's not the blond hair or the way the tiny earrings clash with the dress, or even the odd homage to origami of the shoulder folds, so much as it's the racing strips down the side that make me shake my head.

At least she isn't cold like some of the others must be. It's below 60 in Los Angeles. That's all I have to say that's good about it.

2 minutes ago, ABay said:

I don't know who this Beanie person is, but I like her dress.

I like it, too. She was in Booksmart and Lady Bird. She is Jonah Hill's sister and Ben Platt's bestie.

How the hell do I know so much about Beanie? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1