Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
thuganomics85

The Annual Academy Awards Topic

Wow - Janelle Monae is stunning. I always love to see what she's wearing.

• Like 4

Kaitlyn Devers wearing vintage in order to be more sustainable - that dress is perfectly matching the red carpet, and it’s beautiful, too!

Edited by LuvScottishAccents
  • Like 5

Good for Billie committing to comfort no matter how ridiculous it looks.

I'm watching on mute so can't hear the E-heads fapping about anything.

Edited by ABay
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Very excited for tonight. I love Oscar night and I don't care how long this thing goes until; we all know it will run over anyway, so what's the point in complaining hahaha.

Last night I watched Parasite and I LOVED it. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

The E! people are raving over Billie Ellish, but I think she looks ridiculous. I guess I am old.

She appears to have lovely skin (yeah, she's young, but it looks flawless).  But, yeah, that outfit is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Ok something I noticed: it's raining and chilly in LA. Isn't it cold on the red carpet? Do they just stand for a few minutes and then go inside?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Ok something I noticed: it's raining and chilly in LA. Isn't it cold on the red carpet? Do they just stand for a few minutes and then go inside?

I think there are possibly some (hidden) heaters on the carpet.  And they are under a tent.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Oh my god. Olivia Colman. Just...no.

Agreed!  What the heck is that?

5 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I think Kaitlyn Devers looks great and her dress is beautiful, but what exactly makes a dress sustainable?

The E! people are raving over Billie Ellish, but I think she looks ridiculous. I guess I am old.

I think it’s the idea that she didn’t wear something new - wearing something already created doesn’t waste resources to make something new. I’ve become interested in the movement of not buying something new, but using what’s already made.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

It...looked like it was put together by mice in her stepmother's attic, in the dark.

ETA: But the color was gorgeous.

Edited by saoirse
  • Laugh 1

2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

If they want to be on TV they tough it up and stand outside for interviews.  It looks like they put a cover up so it is not raining on everyone at least.

I read somewhere (maybe the SNL episode she was in) that Billie Eilish purposely dresses to be non-body-conscious.  Let her music speak for itself.  I like that.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Oh my god. Olivia Colman. Just...no.

I thought she was Linda Ellerbee at first.  And while I love Linda Ellerbee, blonde does not work on Olivia.   

I love Kaitlyn's vintage.  It would be nice to see some repurposed or throwback gowns.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I don’t know who styles her, but she wears things that I just never understand. Last year’s Oscar dress was not bad, but that was the exception.

46 minutes ago, ABay said:

I've seen one nominated film this year. That's a 100% increase over the previous 10 years.

That is usually me but somehow this year I managed to see all of them except 1917 and Ford v. Ferrari (the latter I have absolutely no interest in) through online viewing. Least favorite has been The Irishman. I might feel differently if I had gotten to see 1917, but currently my favorite is Jojo Rabbit. And not just because of the great use of Bowie's "Heroes"!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

If they want to be on TV they tough it up and stand outside for interviews.  It looks like they put a cover up so it is not raining on everyone at least.

There were pools of water accumulating on top of the tent earlier, and some of our local news people were saying they thought those pools could leak through.  So there is someone up on the tent to get rid of the pools of water as the rain continues to fall throughout the afternoon.

But I think there are also some space heaters hidden around there too.

Edited by TVFan17

Julia Louis-Dreyfus looks awesome, as always.  Love the color of her dress.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I thought she was Linda Ellerbee at first.  And while I love Linda Ellerbee, blonde does not work on Olivia.   

...And so it goes.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

The color and the lower part of Olivia's dress are not bad. Those shoulders/sleeves? UGH.

• Like 2

OK, now I see OC.

For me, it's not the blond hair or the way the tiny earrings clash with the dress, or even the odd homage to origami of the shoulder folds, so much as it's the racing strips down the side that make me shake my head.

• Like 3

Just now, Thumper said:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus looks awesome, as always.  Love the color of her dress.

ITA.  The look is very simple, but accentuates her beautifully and the color works.  

Sandra’s dress is just too much.   

• Like 2

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss always looks good. She tends to wear the same kind of dress a lot but it suits her.

• Like 1

Alfie Allen, swooooon!

Oh Olivia, I love you but I kind of want Rachel Weisz to walk up and say that you look like a badger.

• Laugh 2

2 minutes ago, ABay said:

For me, it's not the blond hair or the way the tiny earrings clash with the dress, or even the odd homage to origami of the shoulder folds, so much as it's the racing strips down the side that make me shake my head.

At least she isn't cold like some of the others must be. It's below 60 in Los Angeles. That's all I have to say that's good about it.

I have now added a purple zipper hoodie by Hanes to my ensemble, for those keeping track at home.

• Like 9

I really can't decide whether or not I like Beanie Feldstein's dress.  It seems a little casual.

I don't know who this Beanie person is, but I like her dress.

• Like 1

Sandra Oh's dress is hideous. Greta Gerwig, however, looks awesome.

• Like 1

Interesting color on Greta Gerwig.

I just can't with the sleeves on Sandra Oh's dress.  They are overwhelming.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I like Sandra Oh’s dress, except for the bow.

Looks nice on the red carpet but I feel sorry for the people sitting next to her sleeves.

• Laugh 1

Just now, Fostersmom said:

Sandra's dress ate her

And is still digesting.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

4 minutes ago, ABay said:

She was in Booksmart and is Seth Rogan's sister.

ETA: Jonah Hill, dammit!

Edited by AimingforYoko

Man, I adore Greta's necklace!  I don't usually gush over jewelry at all, but I'm really digging some of the pieces tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABay said:

I like it, too. She was in Booksmart and Lady Bird. She is Jonah Hill's sister and Ben Platt's bestie.

How the hell do I know so much about Beanie? 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Just now, Neeners said:

I like it, too. She was in Booksmart and Lady Bird. She is Jonah Hill's sister and Ben Platt's bestie.

How the hell do I know so much about Beanie? 

She played Minnie in the revival of Hello Dolly! with Bette Midler.

• Like 3