Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I kinda feel like Rooney Mara always has the same expression on any red carpet. Probably her silent protest against it? She did mention she doesn't get the whole standing there, having strange men with cameras shout at you and a million blinding flashes.

• Love 1

If she doesn't get it and doesn't like it, she does, in fact, have the option of staying home.

I suppose, but then she would get ripped for not showing up. Doing what you don't want to do is part of the gig. She gets paid the same whether she actually likes it or not.

• Love 1

If she doesn't get it and doesn't like it, she does, in fact, have the option of staying home.

This! Or at the very least... skip the red carpet. It's not rocket science. If you're that against something and supposedly uncomfortable then don't do it. Do these people think it makes them more respectable if they act like they're there against their will.

Naomi Watts looks gorgeous.

• Love 1

Naomi Watts' dress is gorgeous. Not sure how I feel about Kerry Washington's. I kind of like it and I kind of don't.

Is Ryan's red carpet done now? Because I'm turning it off if all we have left is Guilianna, Kris Kardashian and a screech of Ross on the side.

I was wondering the same thing.

Is Ryan's red carpet done now? Because I'm turning it off if all we have left is Guilianna, Kris Kardashian and a screech of Ross on the side.

I think ABC has the only red carpet coverage for the last hour (and that's when most of the stars show up).

AimingforYoko, he's always got a reason! "They didn't nominate me for best director!" "I screwed the nanny and my wife left me!" "Damon gets all the good press!" "I'm Batman, damn it!" Whine, whine, whine. Pout, pout, pout. You're rich, healthy, and youngish. Lighten the fuck up.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2

Russell Crowe is presenting?! Will he throw the award at the winner's head? I would stay up for that!

Hee! I was an extra in Man of Steel, and I would always see Russell Crowe at my local Whole Foods. He did not throw any food at anyone that I know of.

Sorry ABC, but this behind the scenes look at the stage and wherever we find Michael Strahan is a bit lame. 

• Love 2

There are 3 things that will always endear Crowe to me: his thighs in Gladiator and his not killing the livestock on his ranch because "it's their home too, mate."

Edited by ABay
  • Love 5

Did Whoppi Goldberg gain an amazing amount of weight since last week? Never knew she was that heavy. Too bad she has that unfortunate tattoo. Not a good look with a gown.[/quote

Edited by ByaNose

Random thought: the first time I saw Mark Ruffalo was on an episode of due South. I only remember that because I lived in Buffalo and misread his name in the credits.

I miss that show.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 4

There are 3 things that will always endear Crowe to me: his thighs in Gladiator and his not killing the livestock on his ranch because "it's their home too, mate."

By my count that's two.  Unless you are counting each thigh, I suppose.

• Love 1