Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Regina King looks very nice, though I'm skeptical of the way the skirt is scrunched.

I thought it might have been some artful way of draping the train, but the train was still there when they panned down.  She looks fabulous but that train must be really annoying to deal with.

Just now, Browncoat said:

Henry Golding looks nice, but I still hate the way they've placed Guiliana.  She's almost blocking the person she's interviewing.

Melissa's outfit was better before I saw the cape.

I don't like the way she's standing because Her right shoulder blade keeps stabbing me in the eye! And I agree about Melissa's outfit - I wrote my comment before I noticed the cape.

• Love 2

Damn, now I really want to see Maya!

Diane Warren...no.

Kacey Musgraves' dress reminds me of the tissue paper flowers we used to make to stick on the bridal car. And by tissue I mean kleenex.

Edited by ABay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ABay said:

Not digging the cape on Melissa McCarthy but like the pants.

I also like the pants, although that expanse of off white top area makes her look like she has mega boobs (ok she really does, but still.) A body like hers is difficult to dress truth be told, but I did like the outfit, the cape not so much however.

The red carpet hosts need to take it down a notch. The TCM woman in the purple did it right -- wear a pretty gown that fits you well. Not the time to take a fashion risk or try to outshine the actual stars.

• Love 1