Type keyword(s) to search

Dean Winchester: aka Squirrel

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, nara said:

Hi! Is it ever explained why Dean is the only one in his family with non-Biblical name?.

He was named after his grandmother Deanna.  I don't think Biblical names were deliberate.  His other grandparents were Henry and Millie.

Edited by ahrtee
Winchester grandmother's name added. I had to look it up.
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, nara said:

Hi! Is it ever explained why Dean is the only one in his family with non-Biblical name?.

I think I remember EK that he wanted to name them Sal and Dean after On the Road, but Sal wasn't really working, so they tweaked it to Sam. Then John and Mary were pretty much the most popular names when those characters were born.  so, no great conspiracy to keep Dean on the outside with a non-biblical name.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think I remember EK that he wanted to name them Sal and Dean after On the Road, but Sal wasn't really working, so they tweaked it to Sam. Then John and Mary were pretty much the most popular names when those characters were born.  so, no great conspiracy to keep Dean on the outside with a non-biblical name.

I thought it might be an indication that the was the most “human” of the lot. Oh well!

• LOL 1

I think for my own sanity and gnashed teeth I’ll never get this close to a fictional character ever again. Loving Dean Winchester has been a wild ride, but it’s been hard on the central nervous system.
I’m pretty certain SoldierBoy won’t fill the void, I almost hope he doesn’t. He won’t be a beautiful tragic Dean Winchester that’s for sure. 🙁 sigh::

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think for my own sanity and gnashed teeth I’ll never get this close to a fictional character ever again. Loving Dean Winchester has been a wild ride, but it’s been hard on the central nervous system.
I’m pretty certain SoldierBoy won’t fill the void, I almost hope he doesn’t. He won’t be a beautiful tragic Dean Winchester that’s for sure. 🙁 sigh::

There will never be another Dean Winchester.

That's for sure.

But I refuse to say the words rest in peace, Dean Winchester, because I just know that he's not going to, because it simply wasn't his time yet; and I really do expect him to find a way to bust out of Heaven someday.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. 😉 

AND...I'm looking so forward to seeing Jensen let loose as an actor in a way and in a role that he was never allowed on Supernatural.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think this is my favorite Dean hug ever...it was so pure and full of joy. And Miracle loved him unconditionally.

tenor.gif?itemid=19275540

I imagine that's exactly how Jensen is with his pets and kids. So full of affection and willing to show it.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Ya think?

b060a510673bd7f52de9129639f3e6ad.jpg

So sweeeeeeeet!!!!!

Yeah, I honestly thought there was a lot of Jensen bleed-through in that scene with Dean hugging Miracle. Totes adorbs, but definitely a lot of Jensen happening there.

The whole Miracle thing is a little off, though. When they found Miracle, his owners had been Chucked - for want of a better term. Then so was Miracle. So when we saw Miracle un-Chucked at the end of 19, running across the street toward something or someone, I thought it was clear his owner(s) had returned too. So why does Dean have the dog in 20?

The Miracle angle makes the whole thing look more like Dean's fever/coma dream right from the jump - which is frankly an infinitely better way to look at the entire episode than taking it at face value, which sucks the big one for poor Dean.

I'm not sure I will ever get as attached to another character like I have Dean Winchester. I mean, I've been attached before - pretty hard. But Dean is different, and he'll remain special to me forever. That's why his crappy death is so hard to take and will never feel fair or right.

• Love 7
On 12/5/2020 at 7:40 PM, PAForrest said:

So sweeeeeeeet!!!!!

Yeah, I honestly thought there was a lot of Jensen bleed-through in that scene with Dean hugging Miracle. Totes adorbs, but definitely a lot of Jensen happening there.

The whole Miracle thing is a little off, though. When they found Miracle, his owners had been Chucked - for want of a better term. Then so was Miracle. So when we saw Miracle un-Chucked at the end of 19, running across the street toward something or someone, I thought it was clear his owner(s) had returned too. So why does Dean have the dog in 20?

The Miracle angle makes the whole thing look more like Dean's fever/coma dream right from the jump - which is frankly an infinitely better way to look at the entire episode than taking it at face value, which sucks the big one for poor Dean.

I'm not sure I will ever get as attached to another character like I have Dean Winchester. I mean, I've been attached before - pretty hard. But Dean is different, and he'll remain special to me forever. That's why his crappy death is so hard to take and will never feel fair or right.

Do we know that Miracle had an owner?  I mean he could have been a runaway or someone dumped him right before the snap and it just so happens Chuck didn't snap him so he could screw with Dean one last time.

Other than that, yes to everything.

• Useful 1

I kind of thought that Chuck created Miracle right there on the spot to fuck with Dean, then disappeared him a few moments later to fuck with him even harder. As glorious as the idea of him having the dog is, I actually thought it was kind of weird that he was back (especially when we don't know for sure that Eileen came back).

• Love 2

Is Dean Winchester exciting, reckless, unpredictable and righteous? Or is Dean Winchester exciting, reckless, unpredictable and righteous because Chuck wrote him that way?

... that is the question. 😱😱😱😱

55 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Is Dean Winchester exciting, reckless, unpredictable and righteous? Or is Dean Winchester exciting, reckless, unpredictable and righteous because Chuck wrote him that way?

Not a question at all IMO.  Dean kept going off script, thus exciting, reckless, unpredictable and righteous.  

• Love 10
11 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Do we know that Miracle had an owner?  I mean he could have been a runaway or someone dumped him right before the snap and it just so happens Chuck didn't snap him so he could screw with Dean one last time.

Yeah, we don't know for sure. But he certainly did not look like a feral dog, he was clearly very well cared for. But sure, he just could have been a manifestation of Chuck's to screw with Dean's head. Yet if that was the case, Miracle shouldn't have been brought back when Gack un-Chucked everyone - half-assed a job as he clearly did.

Obviously we're supposed to assume Dean took the dog with them back to the bunker, for whatever reason - no owner, or he just dog-nabbed him, which isn't Dean's style. 😉

Miracle made me sadder than anything, because animals can grieve so deeply upon the loss of their owners. It's heartbreaking because they don't understand why their owner is gone. 😭

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm going with the first, the author be damned - especially this author who burned down another guy's house just 'cuz he had no good ideas of his own, and he could.

But Chuckles did keep complaining that the guys wouldn't do what he wanted them to do, wouldn't take a knee, and that's why he got increasingly frustrated and went ballistic - again, both on screen and off.

So Dean Winchester is exciting, reckless, unpredictable, and righteous all on his own, and that's why he objected so hard to the idea that Chuckles pulled their strings or tried to. Drabb will never take that away from me.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Yeah, we don't know for sure. But he certainly did not look like a feral dog, he was clearly very well cared for. But sure, he just could have been a manifestation of Chuck's to screw with Dean's head. Yet if that was the case, Miracle shouldn't have been brought back when Gack un-Chucked everyone - half-assed a job as he clearly did.

Obviously we're supposed to assume Dean took the dog with them back to the bunker, for whatever reason - no owner, or he just dog-nabbed him, which isn't Dean's style. 😉

Miracle made me sadder than anything, because animals can grieve so deeply upon the loss of their owners. It's heartbreaking because they don't understand why their owner is gone. 😭

There really was no continuity. Where was Miracle at end of ep 19? Dean and Sam rode off in the car with no dog, there was no dog under the table with the initials either.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2020 at 4:13 AM, Pondlass1 said:

Easy. If you - like me - refuse to acknowledge anything that happened after Dean talked down Amara from destroying the world, absolutely anything, then obviously it's all Dean.

*shrugs*

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, juppschmitz said:

Easy. If you - like me - refuse to acknowledge anything that happened after Dean talked down Amara from destroying the world, absolutely anything, then obviously it's all Dean.

*shrugs*

This can't have been written by Chuck anyway because he himself admitted he didn't write in Amara and Dean's connection in the first place.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Someone asked about this comment from Jensen. I can't remember who or which thread but this gif is going around right now...

Thank you for this. 

I needed it so badly.

I can't believe how sad I still feel over Dean's Death. 😢😫 😔

• Love 2

I read somewhere that SoldierBoy won’t be on our screens until 2022. 😱😱

Im gonna need a lot of shovelling snow or baling hay videos from Jensen if I’ve got to wait that long! 😍😍😍

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Love 3
On 12/19/2020 at 1:14 PM, Pondlass1 said:

I read somewhere that SoldierBoy won’t be on our screens until 2022. 😱😱

Im gonna need a lot of shovelling snow or baling hay videos from Jensen if I’ve got to wait that long! 😍😍😍

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of streaming shows that were supposed to premiere in fall 2021 are pushed to 2022. Shooting for The Boys may be delayed a little anyway due to the Ontario shut down starting Christmas Eve.

Yes, we absolutely are going to need more mountain man content - or literally anything Jensen wants to share with us! And considering he trends whenever he does, it's good PR too. LOL!

A month later and the finale still rots in my head. My expectations were sewer level low going into it, but I still can't believe how much worse it was than even I could have expected.

Dean's death is literally like a death in the family. Cruel and unfair. I'm never going to warm up to that crap finale or the piss poor way they did my favorite character. 😭

• Love 4

At a convention a few years ago Jared said something that I hope he remembers for his new show. He said that Supernatural wouldn't have lasted as long as it did if it weren't for Jensen's comedic timing. The show would have been so bogged down with drama/trauma and angst I doubt fans could have stuck with it. Jensen's range is what carried the show (no offense to Jared but he is right that Sam just isn't a funny guy) for 15 years. The photo's in that tweet is a perfect example and for us fans we get it...Dean was hella scary and wisecracking funny and there really won't be another character like him.

One of the things I really HATED about Dabb was that he very rarely took advantage of Dean's true character or Jensen's immense talent. More often than not instead of being the sardonic Dean that seemed to find the humor in whatever situation he was in Dabb made Dean the butt of the joke.  Sorry but that isn't the same thing

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

There’s  a reason the soliloquies were given to Jensen.

Speaking of soliloquies, I'd kind of love to see Jensen tackle(not literally) Shakespeare some day.

But yeah, Jensen was really wasted on this show in some ways.  In some ways, he had an opportunity to have more variety than he may have had otherwise but especially in more recent years, he's been wasted so much.

• Love 6

At 1 point @JarPad turns to me mistaking me for Jensen & says “Whoa! Rough night?” Being mistaken for a severly hungover version of @JensenAckles remains the 4th best compliment I’ve ever received

OTOH, Jared mistaking someone else for Jensen after 15 years does make me wonder which one of them had the rough night? 😊

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

OTOH, Jared mistaking someone else for Jensen after 15 years does make me wonder which one of them had the rough night? 😊

I almost responded to the tweet, "sounds like Jared might have been pretty hungover himself!"  I could understand it if Jared and Jensen barely knew each other but after years of being on a show together and even living together at one point during filming, not sure how one would make that mistake. LOL

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

😁

Hahaha, that is hilarious. Yup, I think I know who had the rough night there. 😄

Would love to see Jensen and Bradley James together in something. Dean Winchester meets Arthur Pendragon. 

• Love 3
On 1/12/2021 at 11:14 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Far be it from me to excuse Jared much of anything, but Bradley did say 'years ago', and also headed it up 'A Semi-True Tale' so there maybe be a little poetic licence there, lol.

I'll buy poetic license, but unless it was 10-15 years ago, not the "years ago" defense.  They spend way too much time together not to recognize each other in any way, shape or form.  😊

• Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Apparently Jared wanted to produce a series staring Jensen as Walker.

Would’ve been a very different Walker .... 😂

IA, but I'm glad that they are separating to do new things apart from each other.  This will allow careers to expand and not be codependent on each other.

• Love 7