Type keyword(s) to search

Dean Winchester: aka Squirrel

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I kinda thought that went without saying. 🙂

Well, I always prefer being obvious. 😊  That way we can avoid discussions about the Leviathan clones and various possessed Winchesters and friends (including Michael/Dean), besides the ones I mentioned above, all of whom played other versions of themselves very well.  

• Love 2

It's his incredible range that blows me away.

And I've read of a couple of different definitions of range in the acting field, but tbh, it doesn't matter to me how one defines it-Mr. Ackles conquers them all.

For me, it's entire episodes such as IMTOD and WIAWSNB and NRFTW and yes, DaLDoM and The End as Dean.

They all showcase his range of emotion. 

But I've also cared incredibly about other characters that he's  played who were not Dean Winchester. 

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I truly hope this isn't the case. It would be a shame if he really does doubt his own talent, you know? 

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don't get all the fuss when an actor is playing a different character. I mean, that's kind of the job description,  being able to play different roles believably. But what Jensen did in The End, and to lesser extent in Dream A Little Dream, is play two versions of the same character with such nuance and subtlety, yet we knew just who was who without question.

If that's the entire yardstick, playing different characters, he showed that to me way back in Dark Angel. Ben was nothing like Alec. So I kinda moved on to gauging the perforning different material in terms of scene content after that. 

Robert Downey Junior for example is great in my mind. My fave roles of his are Tony Stark, Sherlock Holmes and Larry from Ally McBeal. All roughly the same character types of sarcastic ass and therefore he kinda plays them the same. So what? He does it with insane charisma.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

https://www.filmcomment.com/blog/present-tense-the-death-scene/

Just saw this on Twitter. 

Love seeing Jensen singled out here and especially amongst so many of the Greats in this area.

For me, he will always be the King of Pain and Death scenes.

That is some damn fine company he's in there. It's funny she mentions the very end of 9x23 and not his actual dying, which is a masterclass from the moment Metatron stabs him until he collapses against Sam's chest. 

Her name is familiar to me. Has she written something else about Jensen? 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

https://www.filmcomment.com/blog/present-tense-the-death-scene/

Just saw this on Twitter. 

Love seeing Jensen singled out here and especially amongst so many of the Greats in this area.

For me, he will always be the King of Pain and Death scenes.

Wow that is awesome.  He's mentioned with the greats(and deservedly so). 

He's so good at it that actually I hadn't really considered how difficult that "dead scene" with Crowley must have been.  It was utterly convincing as she describes but it just didn't occur to me to think about how he had to ACT it.  It just was.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

Wow that is awesome.  He's mentioned with the greats(and deservedly so). 

He's so good at it that actually I hadn't really considered how difficult that "dead scene" with Crowley must have been.  It was utterly convincing as she describes but it just didn't occur to me to think about how he had to ACT it.  It just was.

"That is some damn fine company he's in there. It's funny she mentions the very end of 9x23 and not his actual dying, which is a masterclass from the moment Metatron stabs him until he collapses against Sam's chest"-gonzosgirrl

I'll never forget how blown away I was by both of those scenes.

Edited by Myrelle
Additions
  • Love 3

We don't have an actor thread, so I'll put this here. I feel really bad for Jensen now that I've seen the premiere of S15. It really feels like he'll be nothing more than filler in the plots/episodes/mytharc/anything really. No wonder he wasn't enthusiastic about the finale. Looks like it's going to be the Jack(in two personas)/Sam show. I really hope that Jensen finds something that he loves acting in going forward. 😞

Edited by FlickChick
  • Love 1

I have no idea where this would fit, but since it's Jensen, and Dean does sing...

You can pre-order Jensen & Steve's album today on iTunes, and you get the first single, Sounds of Someday, as a free download when you do. It's beautiful. That last note. Whoa.

Search 'Radio Company' to find it.

radiocompany.JPG

• Love 2

Jensen may be the 'rock' of the trio (Jensen, Jared, Misha) but I think there is (or was) no bigger fan of the show and of Dean Winchester than Jensen Ackles. You can feel the emotion coming off this Insta. I can only imagine what he feels about it all ending, and what the show has become.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Y'all can thank (or blame) @ILoveReadingfor finding this. 😥

Spoilers thru S11.

The last shot in this is, IMO, one of the most chilling of the series. I remember being mesmerized by it the first time I saw it. 

If you want the true definition of pain, watch that last scene on mute and play Drowning in the back ground. 

It will leave you questioning your life choices. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Speaking of Drowning, someone superimposed it over the scene from last week.

Holy shit. I hadn't been able to hear that song until now.  I am legit in tears....and I don't even know why.   Jensen and Steve really have something unexpectedly (for me) special.

Damn that was amazing. 

• Love 4

I noticed that the last few eps Dean's eyes are red rimmed, like he hasn't been sleeping.  He looks so tired, warn out, done and just wanting it to be over. 

Dean's always carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.   But the way Jensen is portraying Dean it looks like its doubled since they found out God was back.  Even Dean getting his fighting spirt back, he still looks like he knows its a long shot. 

Major Kudos to Jensen. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I noticed that the last few eps Dean's eyes are red rimmed, like he hasn't been sleeping.  He looks so tired, warn out, done and just wanting it to be over. 

Dean's always carried the weight of the world on his shoulders.   But the way Jensen is portraying Dean it looks like its doubled since they found out God was back.  Even Dean getting his fighting spirt back, he still looks like he knows its a long shot. 

Major Kudos to Jensen. 

Hmm, is that all Dean or a little of Jensen coming through? LOL!

I agree, Jensen does so much with so very very very little. And it makes all the difference in the world. And I don't know if anyone saw it on twitter, but some fans were talking with Speight and asked about Dean's line, "Are any of us winning?", and he said that was all Jensen - total adlib.

Seriously, Mr. Ackles should have been writing for this damn show! That was the best moment in that entire sequence - a little levity as everyone is getting their asses handed to them, as if they'd never been in a fight with demons before in 15 years. Maybe that's what Jensen was thinking too - like, this is ridiculous, so may as well make it funny.

The one thing I liked about this latest episode is how whenever Dean was on screen, it felt like he was very much in charge, the way he used to be.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

The one thing I liked about this latest episode is how whenever Dean was on screen, it felt like he was very much in charge, the way he used to be.

Great minds and all that: I was thinking exactly the same thing.  He just seems to be the one making the decisions (except, of course, Sam’s and Eileen’s bad decision at the end; that was all on them!) and it was really good to see that again. (It’s also one of the reasons why I think he is the one who made the apology at the end: A good leader takes the responsibility and the burdens of mistakes onto himself.)

Edited by Lemuria
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

This is more Jensen than Dean but not sure where else to post. I got caught up in Facebook videos today and at around 12:55 in this one, Jensen answers a question about he and Jared being 'brothers in real life'. They mention S12 at some point so obviously this was before Luke Perry's passing. I knew they were friends but this must be such a poignant memory for him now. Hope this link works.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=636046493573906&id=121223701580639&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=e

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Because I don't want to think about the rest of the season that's why....

Good idea! And soooooo pretty!

Pretty sure that's Alec, but it can also totally serve as a young Dean Winchester. Swoon!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Because I don't want to think about the rest of the season that's why....

So, so love the pretty and so young! I'm also fairly sure it's Alec. On another note, has anyone ever asked Jensen if he is a good pool player? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Was yesterday (to be more clear) Dean's last birthday?

c5047c78e63053adae3ce78623237caca6d949a0

😭

Maybe that is why Dabb didn't use Dean's name.  Maybe he dies in the finale and Dabb is saving it for Sam and Eileen's kid.

(not based on any spoilers)

Edited by ILoveReading
On 1/16/2020 at 6:13 PM, FlickChick said:

So, so love the pretty and so young! I'm also fairly sure it's Alec. On another note, has anyone ever asked Jensen if he is a good pool player? Inquiring minds want to know.

Imagine being so good in a part that they wrote you in again as the dead character's identical clone. 

So very young.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

😭

Maybe that is why Dabb didn't use Dean's name.  Maybe he dies in the finale and Dabb is saving it for Sam and Eileen's kid.

(not based on any spoilers)

Because there can be only one child in the world named after Dean? Pur-lease...

• Love 1