Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa Checks In Part 2: Mr. Mom For The Shore

• Start Topic

Joe Gorga is from that really old school where the man provides for his family financially and the woman pretty much does the rest.  I think I remember Melissa saying once that Joe never even changed a diaper.  I think it's terrible for his kids, but in a way maybe they are better off.

I remember in a previous season, there was a scene with Melissa and her eldest son, I forgot his name, but they were in the kitchen and he refused to pick up the spoon/fork and feed himself. Her response, was a sigh and she literally tried to explain to him that he's got to learn to feed himself and not be like his daddy where some woman has to do everything for him. Clearly he had no idea what she was talking about, or just didn't care, like his father. Anyway, she gave in and fed him. 

• Love 1

I just got through Part 1 and halfway through Part 2 of the 'Teresa Checks In' trilogy and had to laugh a few times. Not because it was funny but because it was ludicrous that Bravo actually believes that watching Joe cut up pineapple for the kids or putting Gia's hair in a ponytail is somehow going to endear us to this hoodlum? Joe Giudice deserves to be in prison just as Teresa does. Are we expected to be sympathetic to a couple of people that have no respect for the law and will do anything (yes, anything) to sustain a lavish and flashy existence?

Maybe I seem heartless when I say that I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for either Joe or Teresa. Not only that but I feel that it was just shy of being disgusting when Joe Gorga asked Joe Giudice if he's having phone sex with her and if he "jerks off a lot now". On top of that, Joe Gorga had to mimic jerking off, sounds and all. Their 16 year old daughter Gia and possibly the other girls plus their friends at school and Teresa's mother and father and everyone else that knows them will see that. I think that for a 16 year old girl who has already been through so much with her parents, listening to them talk about the phone sex and jerking off is just about as disgusting and revolting as it could get.

The Giudices and Gorgas have never been famous for their refinement or social skills but Bravo crossed a line with that one in my opinion. I hope the ratings are so low and people are just so tired of Bravo trying to manipulate us into feeling sympathy for the Giudices that any plans for continuing with Teresa in a series will get squashed. Joe goes to prison for 42 months. that's a long damned time. But considering that this couple defrauded banks, didn't pay any income taxes, lied, cheated and stole to live the big life and despite all those crimes they're still living in a palatial mansion, there's no reason to feel any sympathy for whatever fate they forced to deal with now.

• Love 7

We have a winner! Phew - mystery solved. I couldn't find it on replacements.com myself.

Well they're all out of stock so maybe (keeping fingers crossed), Joe will be able to pick up a few replacement pieces at the source in Napoli, Italy if he gets deported. Bravo can spin that negative into a positive too if they want.

• Love 2

I didn't see Melissa as trying to convince us she's spending all this time with the kids. Both she and Joe Gorga said during the previous episode that the wanted to be involved more, but Gorga has told Melissa to not push it and give them some space. Joe Guide even said this episode that Melissa has called several times and offered to drive the girls to things. Do I think Melissa is a camera whore? Definitely. But I do think she genuinely feels bad about the situation and wants to help in some way. She's damned either way, but she's a better person than me. Cause I don't know if I would be so open to helping them after all the shit they said.

Finally!

Thank you for writing THIS--the LAST portion, especially.

I agree.

• Love 8

On Tre's house tour awhile back she made sure to show us the front and back of her "Gucci" dishes. If anyone here can figure out if it says Gucci on the back of this plate please let us know. It doesn't look like Gucci to me but it's hard to tell. She also has Gucci stemware.VCM5JJV.jpg

Good grief. It looks like she matchy-matched her jacket with the kinda' ugly dishes.

And black? They look, to me, more like chargers than plates 'cept they aren't big enough.

I'm sure they fit in perfectly with her other decor...

• Love 3

Good grief. It looks like she matchy-matched her jacket with the kinda' ugly dishes.

And black? They look, to me, more like chargers than plates 'cept they aren't big enough.

I'm sure they fit in perfectly with her other decor...

Sorry missed that earlier. That's really funny - especially how Teresa may have possibly worn an outfit to match her Ill-gotten, overpriced, tacky dinnerware .

I swear I'm done with the Gucci plates now (hopefully).

I just got through Part 1 and halfway through Part 2 of the 'Teresa Checks In' trilogy and had to laugh a few times. Not because it was funny but because it was ludicrous that Bravo actually believes that watching Joe cut up pineapple for the kids or putting Gia's hair in a ponytail is somehow going to endear us to this hoodlum? Joe Giudice deserves to be in prison just as Teresa does. Are we expected to be sympathetic to a couple of people that have no respect for the law and will do anything (yes, anything) to sustain a lavish and flashy existence?

Maybe I seem heartless when I say that I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for either Joe or Teresa. Not only that but I feel that it was just shy of being disgusting when Joe Gorga asked Joe Giudice if he's having phone sex with her and if he "jerks off a lot now". On top of that, Joe Gorga had to mimic jerking off, sounds and all. Their 16 year old daughter Gia and possibly the other girls plus their friends at school and Teresa's mother and father and everyone else that knows them will see that. I think that for a 16 year old girl who has already been through so much with her parents, listening to them talk about the phone sex and jerking off is just about as disgusting and revolting as it could get.

The Giudices and Gorgas have never been famous for their refinement or social skills but Bravo crossed a line with that one in my opinion. I hope the ratings are so low and people are just so tired of Bravo trying to manipulate us into feeling sympathy for the Giudices that any plans for continuing with Teresa in a series will get squashed. Joe goes to prison for 42 months. that's a long damned time. But considering that this couple defrauded banks, didn't pay any income taxes, lied, cheated and stole to live the big life and despite all those crimes they're still living in a palatial mansion, there's no reason to feel any sympathy for whatever fate they forced to deal with now.

Why is it assumed that the point here is to garner sympathy for them? It's not like viewers' sympathy matters in the Giudices' convictions and punishments anyway. These shows are for the benefit of Bravo, and no one else. You hate them and I "like" them, yet both of us did what Bravo hoped we'd do.

Not to mention, I also don't believe that their crimes mean that they are evil on every level either. People are multifaceted. It is possible to be entertained by people on TV without expressing 100% allegiance to them; the fact that I like watching them (meaning that I am in no way being manipulated into doing so) doesn't mean I think what they've done is OK--I also watch tons of stuff about violent murders and clearly I am not a supporter of that kind of thing. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7

Oh snap, Milania just told her Dad to get a job as a janitor.  The look on his face!!  I am rolling on the floor here!  That was hysterical!  This is one entertaining family, lol!

• Love 2

Did Melissa mean something was giving her "angina". Because I swear whatever she said is no word I've ever heard before.

Agita?, maybe.

I'm hungry for pizza!

I used to call her girls little thugs. Now I feel bad for them. Especially Gia. Too old too soon.

I was thinking it's usually used as more of a replacement for, You're welcome.

Hate it either way.

I cannot belive that they were all so oblivious to the Douchedici's wrongs.

And don't get how the Gorgas maintain.

Did Melissa mean something was giving her "angina". Because I swear whatever she said is no word I've ever heard before.

I didn't watch but it had to be "agida."  It's a word I use all the time.

"Italian-American slang for heartburn but it can also mean mental aggravation.  The word is Italian-American slang derived from the Italian "agitare" meaning "to agitate."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=agida

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

We're not Italian, but I learned "agita" from my mom (I also learned "farkakte" from her, and we're not Jewish either; what the hell's up with my mother?).

LOL

I've heard this expression as well, my mother has used it and I don't know where she learned it because we are far from Italian. My mother is from the Caribbean so I don't know.  I'm from NYC so you get exposed to quite a lot of cultures there so... But that expression isn't foreign to me either. 

I laughed when Melissa said it, she sounded like some elder in the family saying that.

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

Joe Gorga has been seen spending more quality time with Gia than his own kids. Maybe because she's at the age where she doesn't have to be "watched"? Aside from moments of playing around, Joe's never been seen taking his kids anywhere or really doing stuff with them, without Melissa. My head -and my fathers- almost spun around when Joe was up Chris Laurita's ass for being a father toward's Nicholas and said in a TH "most men, ya know, leave." That will always be burned in my brain along with his awe that Chris actually took his kid to therapy. I was born with a disability (the congenital version of what Lucious on Empire has, actually.) Some of my disabled friends were raised by single parents, just like some of my non-disabled friends were! And some were raised just by their dad. Rich didn't leave Kathy when their daughter had a brain tumor. Joe seems to constantly live in an alternate world where fathers are kinda disconnected from actually doing things for their kids beyond putting food on the table and being around for dinner, yet he is very into having an relationship with his GodDaughter.

I can't help really suspect the Gorga's being involved in these specials where encouraged by Bravo, to let them be on in order to do thIis special with the Giudices as a stipulation of doing the filming. I can't see Joe and Teresa offering them to be around. I can see Melissa making for of an effort to "be around" for the Giudice girls upon finding out that Bravo may be filming. I believe Rosie might really be coming around for Joe, and Bravo got wind of that and decided to film. I wonder if Kathy and Rich have tried to get in on the filming -they got in on sentencing day after all- but Bravo doesn't find them relevant enough to make JoeGi put up with them. I think these specials are just a test run, if Joe and the Gorga's work, then they'll think Teresa and the Gorga's will while Joe's away, but JoeGi doesn't shit-stir or seem to hold grudges at all, even with dealing with raising the kids fresh out of prison, I bet Teresa would find things to harp on them doing wrong sooner rather than later and it'll be same old stuff as the last few seaons of HW.

Andy asked Joe Giu on WWHL which of the RHONJ cast members had been in touch. He mentioned Rino had really reached out, and so I wasn't surprised by the scene at his restaurant.

Does anyone know where Joe will be serving time?

Joe's going to Fort Dix in NJ.

The ratings are in for all 3 episodes:  1.23m, 1.29m, 1.42m

Enough for Bravo to stay interested?

Thanks ryebread. I heard the Fort Dix jokes(?), but didn't catch that Joe would be going there.

Interesting that the ratings got higher as the series went along. IMO 1 million+ is enough for them to keep Teresa. I can't imagine them doing a season of NJ without her.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 2

Interesting that the ratings got higher as the series went along. IMO 1 million+ is enough for them to keep Teresa. I can't imagine them doing a season of NJ without her.

They are an oddly engaging family.

They don't seem quite so practiced as other reality families.

I quit RHNJ more because of the other storylines. Agree there can be no NJ w/o the Dices.

And if they make some money? I am sure some of their creditors will see some relief.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3

They are engaging. From Milania shaving her dad's back with great care to Gabriella letting Gia have it about slacking off. Joe riding his bike? Fugetaboutit. They don't need the trappings of wealth to be entertaining. If Teresa wasn't so greedy, this family could have really ruled. There's no doubt that JoeGi has a criminal core, but Teresa is an Alpha personality. And what she demanded most, exploited a huge weakness in Joe. It wasn't her job to change him, but she made it easy for him to go down the wrong path.

I enjoyed this short series because even though they are still living in that monstrosity, Teresa's obsession with all things materialistic got pushed to the background a great deal.

• Love 5

I think people may have been expecting to actually see Theresa? I was, even though I should have known better and the prison wouldn't allow that. When Tre actually makes an appearance on the show, any show, the ratings will be higher, I presume.

I think when Joe goes to prison and the show will just have Teresa and the children won't be near as good. Joe has lots of faults, but he appears genuine on camera. Teresa with all her bragging/love love love/fights with the family is not entertaining. 

• Love 5
I think when Joe goes to prison and the show will just have Teresa and the children won't be near as good. Joe has lots of faults, but he appears genuine on camera. Teresa with all her bragging/love love love/fights with the family is not entertaining.

Also we still live in a society where a guy taking care of kids is seen as a fish out of water and somebody who's stepping up to take care of his kids. Women taking care of kids alone is just seen as natural. Joe gets more credit for being a present parent making an effort than Tre would.

• Love 3

Oh, I think people will tune in to see her and how/if she's changed since prison.  I think the show will get huge ratings. 

• Love 4

How did Teresa Checks In compare to the ratings of RHoNJ?

I rarely watched RHoNJ because I didn't like the Manzos, Dina, or all of the bickering between Melissa and Teresa. It isn't that Teresa is so interesting to watch. Its that the others are so awful. Those Manzo boys give me the creeps. I barely got through Teresa checks in because Melissa seems so disingenuous.

• Love 1
I do remember this and thought it was really odd.  You don't babysit your own children!  I agree with what everyone else has said, Joe Gorga is from that really old school where the man provides for his family financially and the woman pretty much does the rest.  I think I remember Melissa saying once that Joe never even changed a diaper.  I think it's terrible for his kids, but in a way maybe they are better off.

Since Melissa believes that a wife should go to a Taco Bell to bm, because doing it in the same house with her husband will kill the magic, they are probably on the same page as far as gender roles. 

However, I have never found their family as interesting as Theresa's and it is probably because both parents seem so oddly detached from their kids.  It's like Joe and Melissa live in a weird little world where they are obsessed with each other and there is no room for anyone else.  I am not saying that they are bad parents and Theresa and Joe are good parents, but there always seems to be a weird lack of affection between the Gorga's and their brood

I guess the joke is the number one person in Jo Go's world is Melissa and the number one person in Melissa's world...is also Melissa.

• Love 5