Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My daughter used Noom for the 4 month recommended plan and she had no problem not renewing.  She just set up a reminded on her phone to cancel it a few days before the 4 months was up.

Good to know!  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 6/10/2022 at 4:36 PM, ginger90 said:

When they bought their house it had a pool. They removed it.

I thought they found one buried in the backyard when trying to plant a garden.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I thought they found one buried in the backyard when trying to plant a garden.

Never heard that. They removed the pool, and planted the garden where the pool was. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 4
7 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think it was already filled in when they bought the house.

Maddie seemed surprised to hit concrete when digging for her garden.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It was an above ground.

E7C59DDD-692E-4C23-A6CA-9E937B26E08D.jpeg

BFF7EAA4-1556-4D81-9979-7915F8972063.jpeg

Chances are the above ground pool was sitting on a supportive concrete slab that was covered over when the pool was removed.  The listing realtor may have advised them to remove the pool because as it sits, it's a blight on the landscape.

• Useful 6

I've noticed Madison has started doing a lot of ads for a couple different (non-pink) products on her Instagram stories. Makes me wonder if perhaps Plexus sales have hit a plateau. Good for her if she's found a way to make money on legit non-MLM "sells." Influencers with a lot of followers (more than Maddie has) can make upwards of 10K as sales partners through their Insta stories and TikToks.

• Useful 3
On 6/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, Sandy W said:

Chances are the above ground pool was sitting on a supportive concrete slab that was covered over when the pool was removed.  The listing realtor may have advised them to remove the pool because as it sits, it's a blight on the landscape.

Do you mean the realtor advised the sellers? The pool was there when Maddie and Caleb bought the house. It was removed after they had already moved in.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Do you mean the realtor advised the sellers? The pool was there when Maddie and Caleb bought the house. It was removed after they had already moved in.

Oh, I had thought the pool had been removed before when Maddie seemed to express surprise when she said something like...can you believe there was a pool here? when digging for a garden. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I've noticed Madison has started doing a lot of ads for a couple different (non-pink) products on her Instagram stories. Makes me wonder if perhaps Plexus sales have hit a plateau. 

Isn't one of them "Noom", a diet plan app?  If Plexus works as claimed, why would you need to pay for a diet, too? She probably tells people that they work even better together so she can get paid twice.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Isn't one of them "Noom", a diet plan app?  If Plexus works as claimed, why would you need to pay for a diet, too? She probably tells people that they work even better together so she can get paid twice.

in my experience all the appetite suppressants like Plexus "SLIM" that I've tried work for a while and then your body gets used to them and they don't work anymore.

Edited by Dustbunny
auto incorrect
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
34 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

in my experience all the appetite suppressants like Plexus "SLIM" that I've tried work for a while and then your body gets used to them and they don't work anymore.

Just like habitual laxatives tend to make one's intestines not work as well, or so I have read?  That makes sense.  

I bought a box of Ayd"s (you probably don't recall that "diet candy" unless you are a relic from the 60's, like me 🙃)  I think it was a weight loss scam that didn't work.  It did nothing for me, as a teen that needed to lose 20 lbs.  The only thing that worked was the same old, eat less and move more.  I remember Metrecal, too.  Liquid diets are not satisfying.  

The stuff my brain remembers!  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Just like habitual laxatives tend to make one's intestines not work as well, or so I have read?  That makes sense.  

I bought a box of Ayd"s (you probably don't recall that "diet candy" unless you are a relic from the 60's, like me 🙃)  I think it was a weight loss scam that didn't work.  It did nothing for me, as a teen that needed to lose 20 lbs.  The only thing that worked was the same old, eat less and move more.  I remember Metrecal, too.  Liquid diets are not satisfying.  

The stuff my brain remembers!  

Taking my comment to Small Talk 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if her siblings are watching it too and watching it as deeply as Maddie? If I'm remembering correctly Janelle is the only wife who wasn't born and raised in a polyg family from birth.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if her siblings are watching it too and watching it as deeply as Maddie? If I'm remembering correctly Janelle is the only wife who wasn't born and raised in a polyg family from birth.

I think I read somewhere that Meri's family adopted the polygamous lifestyle when she was about 7 years old, so even if she wasn't born to it, she was exposed at an early age.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

Not sure it means that. I think she's just taking advice from the Christine school of grifting. 

Christine was making so much from LLR she gritted 50k for Ysabels surgery down-payment in a few weeks but she still joined plexus and has done make up, jewellery and other things at times.

I can't really fault Christine for this, though I wish she'd found something else than MLM. I suspect Christine was left to fend for her own and her kids years ago, even when they were still in Vegas. Financially, she was a single mom with 6 growing kids and we all know how expensive that can be. Basically, she found herself a job (or 2) that gave her a lot of financial freedom and allowed her to provide for her kids. Also, because of her education, lack of work experience and age, she doesn't have that many option for a well-paying job.  So yes, I get this, as much as I hate LLR and Plexus.

Maddie is a completely different story. She is young, she obviously had plans and access to colleges but she simply opted to not do it/not finish anything and probably make relatively easy money through influencing/MLM. To me, she embodies almost all Gen Z prejudices. (Though there are plenty Gen Z people that show they're different!)

• Like 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Also, because of her education, lack of work experience and age, she doesn't have that many option for a well-paying job.

And she's lazy.  Took courses to be a Realtor, passed the test and never worked a day because she "didn't know she'd have to work on weekends".  Poor little delicate flower.  I worked every other weekend for my entire nursing career.  Get over yourself.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

And she's lazy.  Took courses to be a Realtor, passed the test and never worked a day because she "didn't know she'd have to work on weekends".  Poor little delicate flower.  I worked every other weekend for my entire nursing career.  Get over yourself.

And the wonders of polygamy - 3 other bonus moms to help with the kids - should have made it easier for Christine to work evenings and weekends.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And the wonders of polygamy - 3 other bonus moms to help with the kids - should have made it easier for Christine to work evenings and weekends.

When Christine thought it through, she may have  been horrified at the thought of working evenings and weekends and missing her turn in the rotation with Kody. 

Real Estate is not a 9-5 job, she should have thought of that before she spent the time and money on courses.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Real Estate is not a 9-5 job, she should have thought of that before she spent the time and money on courses.

Indeed. Even if they had never used a Realtor, they should have noticed that when houses near them were selling, that the Realtors & potential buyers & sellers were there at all hours. And successful Realtors don't sit on the couch playing with their phone while telling potential buyers to look around by themselves (I'm looking at you, Janelle).

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

I’d love to know what Maddie really is thinking about Mykelti having twins…. This poses a real  threat for her much coveted TLC time! It wouldn’t surprise me if she was counting on more screen time because of Evie (and who knows, another pregnancy) but Mykelti and Tony are bound to steal her limelight now that they’re expecting twins! And we have all seen how Maddie can be if she’s pushed out of the limelight.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Why would you even think of saying "no"?

Oh Maddie, you are so predictable! Complaining about the sweetness of cuddling with that sweet angel! I really hope she is not pregnant again! Personally, considering sweet Evie's problems, I would never have a third pregnancy.  (In all honesty, I had 2 and that was enough for me!)

• Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Personally, considering sweet Evie's problems, I would never have a third pregnancy. 

And Axel has problems as well… Apraxia

if I was Maddie I’d be thankful for the two she has and call it a day…. But she’s a Brown and will probably have more. 

Edited by Joan of Argh
AutoINCORRECT! Grrrrrr!!!
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Oh Maddie, you are so predictable! Complaining about the sweetness of cuddling with that sweet angel! I really hope she is not pregnant again! Personally, considering sweet Evie's problems, I would never have a third pregnancy.  (In all honesty, I had 2 and that was enough for me!)

I was one and done.  I too hope Maddie won't have more kids.  She complains about the two she has!  That little girl is so happy and cute.  

7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And Axel has problems as well… Apraxia

if I was Maddie I’d be thankful for the two she has and call it a day…. But she’s a Brown and will probably have more. 

Absolutely.  Hopefully Caleb isn't pressuring Maddie into having more.  It seems like Janelle frequently visits them, and presumably helps with those kids.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hopefully Caleb isn't pressuring Maddie into having more.  

Caleb said he wanted 4 when they visited everyone in Flagstaff to show off Evie.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 4
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Caleb said he wanted 4 when they visited everyone in Flagstaff to show off Evie.

Oh dear! I don't think Maddie could handle 4! Especially if any more have medical issues. She seems really put out to have to give love and snuggles to 2.  She and Mykelti have such different parenting skills.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

She and Mykelti have such different parenting skills.

I guess that doesn't really come as a surprise, does it? Maddie was always all about Maddie. And guess what, when you have kids, it's no longer just about you, that can be quite hard for people who are used to being front and center.

In this respect, I have to admit that Mykelti pleasantly surprised me. She never was so absolutely egocentric as Maddie, but she didn't seem to overly care about others either, just going her own way. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I guess that doesn't really come as a surprise, does it? Maddie was always all about Maddie. And guess what, when you have kids, it's no longer just about you, that can be quite hard for people who are used to being front and center.

In this respect, I have to admit that Mykelti pleasantly surprised me. She never was so absolutely egocentric as Maddie, she didn't seem to overly care about others either, just going her own way. But once she had a child all that focus was on the child, but Maddie still wanted that focus on her.

• Applause 6
(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 8:38 PM, Gramto6 said:

She and Mykelti have such different parenting skills.

Mykelti had the advantage of a role model mother who loves kids rather than one who couldn't be bothered, and older sister Aspyn is very caring.  I often wonder if being caregivers for 10 younger siblings when they were in their early teens is why Logan & Aspyn are enjoying child-free lives now.

Evie CC (for photo above): These stranger ladies look more welcoming than you, Mommy.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Mykelti had the advantage of a role model mother who loves kids rather than one who couldn't be bothered, and older sister Aspyn is very caring.  I often wonder if being caregivers for 10 younger siblings when they were in their early teens is why Logan & Aspyn are enjoying child-free lives now.

Evie CC (for photo above): These stranger ladies look more welcoming than you, Mommy.

I agree.  I'm pretty sure I've read that Logan and Michelle won't be having kids.  Aspyn at least seems to be postponing babies, and I can't fault her (or anyone) waiting or maybe not having any at all.  My daughter (only child) is not having kids.  It makes me sad in a way, but it's her decision.  Not everyone wants parenthood.

• Like 2
  • Love 15

Someone mentioned Mykelti's easy parenting style against Maddie's constant whining....and I can't believe I am even saying this but remember Mykelti's wackadoodle LuLaRoe pictures, with her bizarre poses?  At least those pictures drew interest, even if they were weirdly composed.  Maddie's unbrushed hair and pale skin against a bland backdrop is boring compared to Mykelti's "whimsical" photos.  Mykelti wins again....I guess?  

• Like 5
  • Love 7