Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa Checks In Part 1: Tre Of Life

• Start Topic

Oh, I agree with you. And eventually, that's where they will be, if that. I don't even think they'll be able to rent a one bedroom apartment with the type of record and recognizability they have now. That alone is karma, and it's not going to end. They really are going to suffering the consequences for the rest of their lives. Also to be clear, the only people I feel bad for in this situation is their kids. Joe and Teresa knowingly ripped a lot of people off, and they deserve what they are getting. But the kids didn't ask for any of this nonsense, and they are the ones that really have to suffer the scrutiny, the whispers, and the flat out cruelty. Especially Gia. That age is just so cruel, even more so now with social media and all. I don't even want to think about what kind of bashing she gets daily. She comes across as very mature, but she is still only 14.

I agree they will be out of that mansion at some point in the future.

Because maintaining a house like that is expensive I imagine much of that house is closed off and they are using space heaters and mobile fans in individual rooms that can be closed off from the rest of the house. The "house" is used when events and cameras are around. I bet those girls, when in the kitchen or den, this past Jan and Feb were bundled up in sweaters and thermals. Joe was sleeping in the den because the lower ceiling and less cubic space made it easier to keep warm. He moved to the vaulted ceiling bedroom in the summer because he could throw open the windows and keep cool of at night. The industrial marble floor polisher was probably rented for them by bravo or a family member otherwise they just let it go.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8

I Really think the only way they will ever sell that house is if someone wants the land and plan to demolish the house. Seriously. What are the chances of anyone else wanting to live in that house?

I don't think it's their house to sell. The house is in foreclosure, so the bank owns it.

• Love 3

My theory with the marble memorial is Joe has just given up. He probably hasn't really had a chance to grieve and does enjoy building with his hands.

He built what he wants because he doesn't have to deal with anything after March.

Once he goes into jail in March, it makes no difference if he built the memorial there or in a cemetery, he is getting deported and won't ever see it again. May as well build it where he can walk out and spend some time with it anytime he wants, without asking for a ride first.

I can't believe I watched that...

Were the balloon decorations in and outside of the house for Gia's dance send off?

I think the food and party were for the memorial, although there were a ton of teens at the house.

My impression is the makeup artist and hair stylist gifted their services as a favor to Teresa. Same with the roses and necklace, I bet someone outside the family purchased those. Gia has taken on a lot at 14 and her extended family looks like they went all out to show she is appreciated.

• Love 12

My theory with the marble memorial is Joe has just given up. He probably hasn't really had a chance to grieve and does enjoy building with his hands.

He built what he wants because he doesn't have to deal with anything after March.

Once he goes into jail in March, it makes no difference if he built the memorial there or in a cemetery, he is getting deported and won't ever see it again. May as well build it where he can walk out and spend some time with it anytime he wants, without asking for a ride first.

I think the food and party were for the memorial, although there were a ton of teens at the house.

My impression is the makeup artist and hair stylist gifted their services as a favor to Teresa. Same with the roses and necklace, I bet someone outside the family purchased those. Gia has taken on a lot at 14 and her extended family looks like they went all out to show she is appreciated.

I don't think it's their house to sell. The house is in foreclosure, so the bank owns it.

Until the bank pulls the trigger they can always get caught up in their payments.  The ones they haven't made since December of 2014.  I get almost sick thinking these clods live in a mansion and apparently can pay the upkeep-but not the mortgage payments or taxes. 

• Love 3

Until the bank pulls the trigger they can always get caught up in their payments.  The ones they haven't made since December of 2014.  I get almost sick thinking these clods live in a mansion and apparently can pay the upkeep-but not the mortgage payments or taxes.

Right. It's a pretty messed up system. They do have the option to get caught up, which I think would be really hard to do since it's a huge amount of money, but is now possible because of Bravo bankrolling them, which is where protesting Bravo and its advertisers come in. Please join the campaign!

• Love 2

Right. It's a pretty messed up system. They do have the option to get caught up, which I think would be really hard to do since it's a huge amount of money, but is now possible because of Bravo bankrolling them, which is where protesting Bravo and its advertisers come in. Please join the campaign!

So wouldn't it be better if they paid the debt and caught up? That way, the bank (therefore the rest of us) doesn't take a loss on the sale? They would also be showing respect and responsibility to creditors, which they have not done in the past.

• Love 5

So wouldn't it be better if they paid the debt and caught up? That way, the bank (therefore the rest of us) doesn't take a loss on the sale? They would also be showing respect and responsibility to creditors, which they have not done in the past.

A number of the business's that the Giudices ripped off have gone out of business and a number of them can no longer file a claim as the deadline to file has passed. If they really got what they did was wrong, they would have downsized, moved into a smaller house, sold their cars ( only keeping 1 for everyone to use), sold the jewelry/designer purses/dresses/shoes and used that money to pay back some of what they owe by now, Yet they have NOT done this at all. They have gone so far as to try and stop the foreclosure on their house and even though they failed, they tried instead of selling it at real market value. IMO, they have no intention of downsizing or paying back anyone outside the courts/Goverment/IRS.

• Love 9

Talk about a self-serving debt paid off. If Teresa and Joe pay the mortgage off (which I still think is unlikely), they're doing it to continue living there, filming there, and continuing their irresponsible and ostentatious lifestyle. That's not exactly showing respect for their creditors.

• Love 4

Not for nothing, but if businesses have closed up because the Juicys defaulted on their payments to them, those businesses had bigger problems than the Juicys IMO.

I don't see how making more money to pay back whoever needs to get paid is a bad thing. If they both make $20,000 a year working at Target sure, that makes them suffer a bit, but then my taxes get raised etc so I can foot the bill for their bankruptcy and foreclosure. I'd much rather she sell her ass and pay that shit off herself. I don't care how she's living as long as it doesn't affect me.

• Love 17

Not for nothing, but if businesses have closed up because the Juicys defaulted on their payments to them, those businesses had bigger problems than the Juicys IMO.

I don't see how making more money to pay back whoever needs to get paid is a bad thing. If they both make $20,000 a year working at Target sure, that makes them suffer a bit, but then my taxes get raised etc so I can foot the bill for their bankruptcy and foreclosure. I'd much rather she sell her ass and pay that shit off herself. I don't care how she's living as long as it doesn't affect me.

BUT, it has affected all of us, now. Them not paying their income tax makes us have to carry their, and the other nonpayers, tax load in higher taxes for Fed/State/local taxes. We pay higher closing fees on mortgages, higher utility rates, higher credit card fees, higher store prices, higher Dr copays....the list goes on and on. Sure, Teresa/Joeare not the only ones to pull this stunt but most that do and get caught, at the very least, DOWNSIZE! Something that Teresa/Joe are refusing to do.

Some of these SMALL business's were construction companies that built the Giudice's OTT house and it can take as little as 1 person/customer stiffing them to put them out of business. The Giudices never had any intention of paying for anything.....hence their failed BK attempt, their many Federal Charges and their Guilty Pleas and their Prison Sentences/fines.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

I don't think it's fair to say they never had intent to pay. If the shit didn't hit the fan for everyone years ago, who knows what they would have paid or not paid. Just so happens the well ran dry for everyone and many, many people went bankrupt around the same time as the Juicys. Yes, they committed crimes but my point is if things didn't so south for everyone who knows how long their schemes would have gone on and who would have been paid back. To say they shopped for years with no intent of ever paying is quite a stretch. How'd they get all that credit if they never paid a bill in their 20-some years together.

BUT, it has affected all of us, now. Them not paying their income tax makes us have to carry their, and the other nonpayers, tax load in higher taxes for Fed/State/local taxes. We pay higher closing fees on mortgages, higher utility rates, higher credit card fees, higher store prices, higher Dr copays....the list goes on and on. Sure, Teresa/Joeare not the only ones to pull this stunt but most that do and get caught, at the very least, DOWNSIZE! Something that Teresa/Joe are refusing to do.

Some of these SMALL business's were construction companies that built the Giudice's OTT house and it can take as little as 1 person/customer stiffing them to put them out of business. The Giudices never had any intention of paying for anything.....hence their failed BK attempt, their many Federal Charges and their Guilty Pleas and their Prison Sentences/fines.

That was the point I was making. I'd rather they sell their souls to Bravo and pay back their own shit then flip pizzas for minimum wage and pay nothing back.

And again, if the company big or small went out of business for one customer defaulting they had bigger problems. Many many construction companies closed up around that time because a large portion of their customers suffered the same fate as Juicy and noone paid. I won't forgive what they've done but I also won't place the collapse of the mortgage industry at their feet either.

And based on my own experience here in NJ, no, most that lose everything and go bankrupt don't downsize and learn anything. As soon as the penalty time is up they're right back to spending and living in similar digs as before. Makes me wonder why I should work so hard to pay my mortgage when it appears to be much easier to let it all go and just start over again bigger and better.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 7

A number of the business's that the Giudices ripped off have gone out of business and a number of them can no longer file a claim as the deadline to file has passed. If they really got what they did was wrong, they would have downsized, moved into a smaller house, sold their cars ( only keeping 1 for everyone to use), sold the jewelry/designer purses/dresses/shoes and used that money to pay back some of what they owe by now, Yet they have NOT done this at all. They have gone so far as to try and stop the foreclosure on their house and even though they failed, they tried instead of selling it at real market value. IMO, they have no intention of downsizing or paying back anyone outside the courts/Goverment/IRS.

Talk about a self-serving debt paid off. If Teresa and Joe pay the mortgage off (which I still think is unlikely), they're doing it to continue living there, filming there, and continuing their irresponsible and ostentatious lifestyle. That's not exactly showing respect for their creditors.

But what do either of these comments mean in relation to what I asked about the bank taking a hit at auction vs them paying the mortgage? Why add one more loss to society's tab?

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 1

I don't think it's fair to say they never had intent to pay. If the shit didn't hit the fan for everyone years ago, who knows what they would have paid or not paid. Just so happens the well ran dry for everyone and many, many people went bankrupt around the same time as the Juicys. Yes, they committed crimes but my point is if things didn't so south for everyone who knows how long their schemes would have gone on and who would have been paid back. To say they shopped for years with no intent of ever paying is quite a stretch. How'd they get all that credit if they never paid a bill in their 20-some years together.

That was the point I was making. I'd rather they sell their souls to Bravo and pay back their own shit then flip pizzas for minimum wage and pay nothing back.

And again, if the company big or small went out of business for one customer defaulting they had bigger problems. Many many construction companies closed up around that time because a large portion of their customers suffered the same fate as Juicy and noone paid. I won't forgive what they've done but I also won't place the collapse of the mortgage industry at their feet either.

And based on my own experience here in NJ, no, most that lose everything and go bankrupt don't downsize and learn anything. As soon as the penalty time is up they're right back to spending and living in similar digs as before. Makes me wonder why I should work so hard to pay my mortgage when it appears to be much easier to let it all go and just start over again bigger and better.

All I can say is to read their BK petition. See when they started this game of getting fraudulent loans which is right after they got married and before Gia was born. And YES, IMO, they never intended to pay their bills because once Teresa became a Bravo HW and was bringing in a very large paycheck, they still didn't pay their bills!

But what do either of these comments mean in relation to what I asked about the bank taking a hit at auction vs them paying the mortgage? Why add one more loss to society's tab?

They listed the house for sale at twice its market/real value so that it would not sell IMO. Also, they still haven't paid the mortgage nor any of the RE taxes on the place so they are living high on everyone elses dime, including the banks.

• Love 6

I agree with you. While my gut (and the mere fact that they flouted the law in the first place) tells me that they probably had no intention of doing the right thing (and I say that as someone who likes them in the confines of the show), my gut is not omniscient or even clairvoyant and thus not the judge, jury, and executioner. I'm generally not a huge fan of assuming I know everything about people I see on TV.

ETA: Ooooh, Jacqueline and Chris...

http://patch.com/new-jersey/morristown/real-housewives-stars-among-njs-biggest-tax-delinquents-0?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=police+&+fire&utm_campaign=alert

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

I was just put off by the notion of Teresa and Joe doing anything that could be considered "responsible" or "respectful," financially-speaking. (Or otherwise, but that's another matter). If they ever did pay off their mortgage, it's noteworthy to me that the sole debt they paid off on their long list of creditors is the only one that benefits them.

I don't think it's fair to say they never had intent to pay. If the shit didn't hit the fan for everyone years ago, who knows what they would have paid or not paid.

But we know they had no intent to pay what they owed because they didn't pay what they owed. And this was over a period of years, including the entire time they were on RHONJ and making big bucks. Instead of paying any of the creditors or even attempting to chip away at the debt, they continued more spending. More cars, more clothes, more iPhones for the girls... As WireWrap said, it's all in the BK filing that's become public record. IIRC, they paid something like $500 (that's hundred) towards their $13 million (million!) debt.

• Love 6

I was just put off by the notion of Teresa and Joe doing anything that could be considered "responsible" or "respectful," financially-speaking. (Or otherwise, but that's another matter). If they ever did pay off their mortgage, it's noteworthy to me that the sole debt they paid off on their long list of creditors is the only one that benefits them.

But we know they had no intent to pay what they owed because they didn't pay what they owed. And this was over a period of years, including the entire time they were on RHONJ and making big bucks. Instead of paying any of the creditors or even attempting to chip away at the debt, they continued more spending. More cars, more clothes, more iPhones for the girls... As WireWrap said, it's all in the BK filing that's become public record. IIRC, they paid something like $500 (that's hundred) towards their $13 million (million!) debt.

LOL, That $500 payment was forced by the BK Trustee and not freely given by Teresa/Joe!

• Love 7

I had an 8th grade dance. I wore jeans and a pair of Reebok classics. Much like most of my classmates.

Same here!  It was in the gym.  Granted, that was a long time ago though and everything is so much more elaborate now.  Kids dress up for prom like it's a wedding, so I guess this is the mini version of that.

I can see where T gets her habit of not wanting to show any emotion but happiness.  Her father is the same exact way, can't deal with hard emotions so he just has to walk away.  Very sad to see.  Keeping everything bottled up and pretending everything is fine is not healthy.

Joe's brother said something about Teresa not deserving to be where she's at.  Just another example of how these people have learned nothing.  I think Teresa's sentence was fair and from what I've read it is in line with what other people in her position have received.  As far as it being a "spa", I'm not so sure.  I mean T is not a violent criminal so yes she's not in with murderers.  But prison is still prison.  You don't have your freedom, which is the worst thing of all no matter how "nice" it is.

Even though he is a buffoon, I can't help but like Joe!  I hate myself a little for that, lol.  His sentence is also deserved, but for some reason I can't hate the guy.

• Love 6
As far as it being a "spa", I'm not so sure.  I mean T is not a violent criminal so yes she's not in with murderers.  But prison is still prison.  You don't have your freedom, which is the worst thing of all no matter how "nice" it is.

I think people often use the whole "spa" thing as some kind of attempt at humor or to make a positive spin or simply to illustrate that someone is not living like Jean Valjean. Not that I often talk about people who've gone away or anything, but the euphemism has never struck me as weird.

Even though he is a buffoon, I can't help but like Joe!  I hate myself a little for that, lol.  His sentence is also deserved, but for some reason I can't hate the guy.

Haha, neither can I, even with the knowledge that he and his brother used to menace my boyfriend and his friends way back in the '80s.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Disgusting. They haven't learned a goddam thing. Tacky, gaudy over the top...whose money were they spending since they have none of their own?

Pimping those unlikeable children. Letting an 8th grader go out looking like a college girl going out for a night? And Milania still looks like Big Pussy Bompinsero from the Sopranos. Nice to see her aggressive behavior is still being considered cute.

And Tre "has her ways" of getting around prison regulations? Yeah, prison was definitely a time for to reflect on her past behavior. She's the same stupid, materialistic grifter she always was.

Shame on those parents for exploiting those kids, and shame on Bravo for actually airing it.

Preach!

Preach it loud.

Preach it far and wide.

• Love 4

Teresa refused to allow Melissa to visit her, so THAT is on Teresa NOT Melissa. Also, do you think Melissa/Joey should force themselves on Joe/girls? Do you think it would be any help? No one can "be there" for them if they, the Giudices, don't allow them around. Why should the Manzo's or the Lauritas reach out to them, as they are NOT friends and have not been for a long time.

Too true.

They love projecting the story of: The Giudice Struggle: Alone, Strong, and Pious.

They want to ensure that everyone feels as if no help is ever offered. So, any overture is rejected unless it pertains to the tragic(yet, strong) roles that they demand to play.

Frankly, the arrogance and self-pity exhibited the GiudiceS is astounding.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

Yep. Around 1.3 million viewers. It beat a lot of their established shows.

I don't know if that included people who DVR.  This is what pisses me off.  My DVR is set to record RHNJ.  I had no intent or interest in Tre's prison life but because it was 'titled' RHNJ my DVR recorded it.  Well, I deleted it and cancelled the RHNJ series.  I refuse to 'endorse' these two.

• Love 6

I don't know if that included people who DVR.  This is what pisses me off.  My DVR is set to record RHNJ.  I had no intent or interest in Tre's prison life but because it was 'titled' RHNJ my DVR recorded it.  Well, I deleted it and cancelled the RHNJ series.  I refuse to 'endorse' these two.

I wonder if that happened to a lot of people. It's one of the reasons why I think the next ep. might be a better indicator of the show's ratings. Another being that ppl. might have tuned in out of curiosity, but will tune out otherwise. I'm not sure how to interpret the ratings. Most blogs are calling it a bust because the numbers were significantly lower than RHONJ's average, but it's in line with other HW spin offs and Bravo shows. My guess is Bravo was expecting and hoping for higher ratings, but is probably satisfied with what they got. #BackToTweetingAndBoycotting

• Love 2

I can see where T gets her habit of not wanting to show any emotion but happiness.  Her father is the same exact way, can't deal with hard emotions so he just has to walk away.  Very sad to see.  Keeping everything bottled up and pretending everything is fine is not healthy.

Even though he is a buffoon, I can't help but like Joe!  I hate myself a little for that, lol.  His sentence is also deserved, but for some reason I can't hate the guy.

These girls need to be able to cry.   I hope Gia is in therapy or has an impartial, non-family member to speak to about all of this, because she is a walking raw nerve.  It's hard to see.   Bottling it all up and pretending that everything is fine is a breakdown waiting to happen, it's not "being strong."  Most healthy people allow themselves to cry, feel sad, yell and be angry, and then they move on.  As for the Gorgas, Gia has heard her mother badmouth Melissa for years.  She misses Teresa and wants to be loyal, and I am wondering if she's avoiding Melissa because she thinks Teresa would be mad about it.  Teresa really is a vile, vindictive bitch. 

I have always thought sweet, quiet Gabriella was the prettiest of the Giudice girls, and she continues to be IMO.  I don't think I've ever heard her even speak a full sentence on camera before this show. 

Milania really needs Joe around to keep her in check.  I was surprised that she was relatively well behaved (for her) and then I realized that it was due to Teresa being away "working" and Joe being the one at home parenting and not putting up with her shit. 

I liked seeing Rosie.  Her continued friendship with Juicy is surprising.  He wouldn't have her around to film if he thought she was another fake cast member wanting camera time.  He must actually like her.   I agree with the poster that I quoted -- for whatever reason I cannot fully hate Joe Giudice.  I hate what he did, though. 

Which of the cast members will agree to film with Teresa once she gets out?  She's burned every bridge with them before she went in.  Are they all so desperate for that Bravo paycheck that they will pretend to still like her?  It's bizarre.  What would they even talk about?  Because you know that Teresa will refuse to talk about prison and will freak out if anyone asks her anything about it on camera.  They can't pretend that they are friends.  Melissa ironically would be Teresa's organic entry back onto the show but she has cut Melissa off.

• Love 1

This program was not illustrative of penal incarceration effects on familial: relationships, psyches, comfort and standard of living, education,..

These people still live lavishly in a mansion without compatible employment / source of income. Unbelievable!

My Gosh!! This standard of living to which they(children and adult(s)) have become accustomed SHOULD NOT EXIST. It is a construct erected by thievery, falsehoods, ruses, and other illegal shenanigans.

I doubt the families of most inmates 'live the life' as such.

• Love 5

Because you know that Teresa will refuse to talk about prison and will freak out if anyone asks her anything about it on camera.  They can't pretend that they are friends.

Why do you think she'll refuse to talk about prison? She'll have a book about her life behind bars to promote. This is not the Teresa of Olde who wouldn't talk about her bankruptcy to Caroline and Jackie. It's no longer a secret. She's been exposed, is doing time and will now spill her guts in order to stay relevant and sell those books. She's talking about it NOW via her phone calls on these episodes.

As far as who will film with her from the previous cast? Whomever she deems worthy. They'll all want aboard that perceived gravy train. I suspect Bravo will find a newish cast of friends for her. Maybe she's made friends in the pen that'll be featured. Blech. Anything is possible if Bravo thinks it'll make a buck.

• Love 5

I doubt the families of most inmates 'live the life' as such.

But Teresa isn't in a regular prison. She's at a spa with crooked lawyers, stock brokers and other professionals. I would guess many of their families live as good or better than the Juicys. Still living in mansions, driving $$ cars, spoiling the children. Some of their houses are probably paid for, though. And hopefully not as tacky. Their spouses may or may not be waiting to start their incarceration shortly after the other is released. LOL The majority are probably not.

• Love 1

Why do you think she'll refuse to talk about prison? She'll have a book about her life behind bars to promote. This is not the Teresa of Olde who wouldn't talk about her bankruptcy to Caroline and Jackie. It's no longer a secret. She's been exposed, is doing time and will now spill her guts in order to stay relevant and sell those books. She's talking about it NOW via her phone calls on these episodes.

...that's exactly the reason.  She will have a book coming out.  She will want people to buy that for the details, not watch the show for them.  Also, she knows that she's not smart enough not to say something negative in a conversation, while with a book she can spin, spin, spin. 

Calling from prison is not talking about it.  They're still calling it a low-end spa, she's away working, etc. 

• Love 2

...that's exactly the reason.  She will have a book coming out.  She will want people to buy that for the details, not watch the show for them.  Also, she knows that she's not smart enough not to say something negative in a conversation, while with a book she can spin, spin, spin. 

Calling from prison is not talking about it.  They're still calling it a low-end spa, she's away working, etc.

Gotcha. I thought you were saying she'd refuse to talk about prison because she's too proud and will pretend it never happened.

I do, however, disagree about the calls. Next week she calls and talks about being 'shaken down'. That's likely a teaser for Chapter 8: Butthole Search. We're seeing pictures on the show that she could've saved for the book - but there will be many more. Hopefully the mugshot that some of us argued was real or not will be in there. I still think Teresa will talk about prison. A lot. Book or not. And she'll never run out of things - real or imagined to talk about. That mouth has been locked up and silenced for a long time. Not long enough but she'll have plenty to say.

• Love 1

No way.  A zebra doesn't change its stripes.  She won't even say the word prison, let alone talk about it.  And she'll shame and ostracize anyone who does, just like before.  It'll be all about looking forward, and love, love, love...  Look how she admonished Gia to not feel sad.  She lives in a bubble of denial, and she teaches her kids that, too.

• Love 2

I don't defend Melissa easily, but she's in a no-win situation when it comes to the prison visits, even if she were on the approved list. If Melissa could just up and go on visiting days, it'd only be a matter of time before Teresa -or hardcore Teresa defenders- twist it into Melissa going just to see Teresa at her lowest, or that she didn't go enough. I don't know if I could visit someone knowing they're guilty, because personally, even if it's someone I were close too, I don't think I could act sorry/sympathetic to the fact that they got caught and Teresa and Melissa are not close to begin with. Melissa would do/say something wrong so fast in Teresa's mind. I've seen talk about this elsewhere on the internet, and I don't get the Melissa backlash. Is she suppose to beg to get on the list? How easy is it to get on? Are there a limited number of people? Her being on the special is another story. I think this whole thing is shifty, but that's another topic. Teresa doesn't want her there, and if she says she did in the future I will call BS on that so fast. She couldn't even say the word "prison" before she went in. Wanting Melissa there does not fit in with the Teresa we've watched, sure maybe she may convince herself Melissa should have tried harder to visit if she see's there are people talking about that and she needs something to go off about on TV or in an interview, but I will never believe she's sitting there now thinking "gee, I'd like a visit from Melissa", it's more like "bitch better stay away, while I'm 'away'!"

Exactly, Gigi43 and LotusFlower.

How in Ho'wife Hell can Melissa be held responsible for Theresa not wanting Melissa to visit her. Theresa may be many unsavory things, but a child she is not. She is jealous and resentful of Melissa as always. Melissa did not cause this ridiculousness--The Giudice couple of... did.

Yes, Theresa is consumed with seething anger and resentment toward Melissa. Also, she is enmeshed in a web of utter humiliation to currently be seen as she is by her self-appointed nemesis. Fuming and scorching humiliation.This is the main reason for Melissa's semi-ostracism, full dismissal, and THE CUT DIRECT by Theresa (and Gia).

In addition, Theresa wants to make damn sure that Melissa receives none of the riches that she hopes and plans to weave out of this travesty of unremitting hubris.

And, yes the deliberately obtuse Tre-huggers will continue to rationalize Theresa's abominable actions while furiously foisting undeserved blame onto Melissa.

I didn't know Melissa was getting flack for not visiting Teresa, but it wouldn't surprise me with all the Tre Huggers out there online, and I agree she's in a no-win situation. Just like I wrote above that Melissa visiting Teresa in prison is Teresa's worst nightmare, in the same vein - it would be Melissa's best dream come to life. All dolled up, talking about her life on the outside, doing this and that, seeing this person and that person, filming for Bravo.... All while Teresa is behind bars, wearing prison green.
Edited by Lisin

What amount of money did The Crooks legitimately earn over the course of their lengthy and very deliberate lucre scams?

What $$ was not fraudulently garnered during The Purloined Purse saga?

What was their employment based discernible income over the long course of their illegitimate 'roads to riches'?

Why are people sitting in prisons for untold years due to committing non-violent and briefer, far far less fortuned crimes than the Giudices?

Repayment? Please.

An unapologetic miniscule, perhaps.

Not willingly with repentance. But, grudgingly with self-pitying self-righteousness.

Theresa is venal. Andy et Bravo are soulless assholes.

Welcome to America.

Theresa is aware that she has been ONLY in a holding pattern until her march to mo' money. Andy and Bravo are awaiting her with open beckoning greedy tentacles. And, she has known that all the while.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the show. I still like Teresa and Joe and find them entertaining.

Me too.  Although I've stopped watching RHONJ and lately, most of the other franchises too, I still looked forward seeing the Guidices.  They are paying the price for their actions.  If you're not interested in watching, then don't.  I don't understand coming here to write about how you're not watching.  Obviously, you're interested in their lives enough to read the forums or start petitions or whatever.  You do realize that helps drive support/ratings/interest in the show, right???

• Love 5

Yep. Around 1.3 million viewers. It beat a lot of their established shows.

I actually don't think it did that well. In addition to a tual viewers their share of the most valuable viewers was at the way bottom of the pack. The original series premiere of Manzo'd with Children got 1.75M viewers and Teresa fans are always telling us how nobody likes the Manzo's. I wouldn't be surprised if by the last episode of this they're down to under 1M.

This is why they are both responsible for the mess they are in, it's not just Theresa,  they are both spenders. Joe has/had that huge wine press in the garage to make his wine and other toys, now he has spent money he really doesn't have on a rock that the next owner will tell the family if they want it they better haul it out of there pronto.

My memory might be fuzzy, but in the first season (first episode), doesn't Teresa show up with the (then) 3 little girls at Joe's office? I thought the business was somehow masonry related.

I bet he didn't pay a penny for that slab of stone. He probably has a bunch of random pieces of marble, quartz, etc. at the hous in the garage or a shed. Kind of like when my IBM-dad used to bring home the beige THINK pencils and wide computer print out paper (perforated, circles on the side to fit the printer feeder), from his workplace.

Of course, that doesn't mean Joe isn't spending money left and right that he doesn't actually have.

• Love 2

No way.  A zebra doesn't change its stripes.  She won't even say the word prison, let alone talk about it.  And she'll shame and ostracize anyone who does, just like before.  It'll be all about looking forward, and love, love, love...  Look how she admonished Gia to not feel sad.  She lives in a bubble of denial, and she teaches her kids that, too.

How is she going to promote her book and go on speaking engagements without acknowledging that she was incarcerated? Are you saying that she just won't use the word 'prison' as she speaks about it? Or are you saying she's going to pretend it all never happened?

• Love 1

How is she going to promote her book and go on speaking engagements without acknowledging that she was incarcerated? Are you saying that she just won't use the word 'prison' as she speaks about it? Or are you saying she's going to pretend it all never happened?

Both ryebread!

• Love 1

I thought I recognized the name Damon Dash on that list (owes close to $1M). Here's a short bio:

Damon Dash, also known as Dame Dash, is an American entrepreneur. Dash is Jay-Z's former manager and business partner at Roc-a-Fella Records, and in 1999, he organized a tour for Jay-Z which made $19 million.

I believe he and Chris Laurita were connected somehow... Wasn't Chris a part of the Roc-a-Wear clothing label? Possibly started up with Dash, and maybe an initial influx of Jay-Z $$?

Teresa will talk about prison to make $$$$$ but she will deny any and all guilt. She will sell herself as wrongly "convicted", innocent of everything and a survivor setting a "good" example for her daughters. LOL

She will talk about how she "survived" prison even though she is innocent of everything. Her empahsis will be on her "innocence", not on prison itself IMO.

• Love 2

Me too. Although I've stopped watching RHONJ and lately, most of the other franchises too, I still looked forward seeing the Guidices. They are paying the price for their actions. If you're not interested in watching, then don't. I don't understand coming here to write about how you're not watching. Obviously, you're interested in their lives enough to read the forums or start petitions or whatever. You do realize that helps drive support/ratings/interest in the show, right???

Truth. Their sentence is what it is. Bitching about what kind of house, job, car, sentence YOU think they deserve does nothing but keep negativity going in your own spirit and keep attention on them. Why would you give someone who disgusts you so much of your time and energy? Want them to go away? Pay them dust.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 6
As for the Gorgas, Gia has heard her mother badmouth Melissa for years.  She misses Teresa and wants to be loyal, and I am wondering if she's avoiding Melissa because she thinks Teresa would be mad about it.  Teresa really is a vile, vindictive bitch.

Eh, while I think it's true that Gia has gotten the message not to like Melissa, I don't think she's missing out on a great support system thanks to Tre in this case. Melissa's never particularly come across as a positive support system for Gia. I mean, Gia's not wrong to feel that Melissa doesn't like her mother, so I don't think her discomfort with Melissa's support is entirely down to Teresa's disapproval. Plus it seemed like she had her own independent feelings about her history with her Uncle Joe. Some of that comes down to Tre as well, but not all of it.

• Love 6
Look how she admonished Gia to not feel sad.  She lives in a bubble of denial, and she teaches her kids that, too.

Haha, I don't know a parent in the world who would say, "Yeah, kid--cry it up on your special day." That wasn't an admonishment or denial; it was a normal parent (or human) response to a little girl crying. As far as stuff to latch onto and pick on regarding the Giudices, this is, IMO, pretty out there.

Eh, while I think it's true that Gia has gotten the message not to like Melissa, I don't think she's missing out on a great support system thanks to Tre in this case. Melissa's never particularly come across as a positive support system for Gia.

Melissa, the grown woman who removed her children from their school because, she claimed on TV, she was afraid that their own cousins would harass and bully them. 

These girls need to be able to cry.   I hope Gia is in therapy or has an impartial, non-family member to speak to about all of this, because she is a walking raw nerve.  It's hard to see.   Bottling it all up and pretending that everything is fine is a breakdown waiting to happen, it's not "being strong."  Most healthy people allow themselves to cry, feel sad, yell and be angry, and then they move on.

We have seen Gia cry; people have commented about how upsetting it is that she's been put into a position to have to cry. We just saw a few minutes of whatever the hell that was on Bravo; there is absolutely no indication that these girls haven't expressed tears and worry that their mother is not at home, or are "bottling it all up" or unhealthy. People are different; not crying isn't necessarily a sign of not feeling, just like crying isn't an indication of lack of strength. I've run into many situations in which crying then and there would be no help to anyone and thus was a momentary act of strength. (And why do I suspect that footage of any one of these girls "cry[ing], feel[ing] sad, yell[ing] and be[ing] angry" would yield a whole slew of "suck it up" and "brat" comments?)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

My problem right now with Teresa and Joe is that they seem to be "working" to play themselves as victims, not working to pay their debts, (as far as I know.) Jordan "Wolf Of Wallstreet" Belfort is ordered to give 50% of his income to pay restitution. I know people dislike that he got attention by Leo playing him in the movie and all, but if not for that and his books, his victims wouldn't be seeing anything close to the several million he's paid back (granted the debts like $100mil, but still.) He's not still living in the house his crime got him. Martha Stewart did her time for a crime that had something to do with her business, but her business and lifestyle were not obtained through said crimes, so her returning to business after serving her time didn't bother me at all, that's what she did for a living and the prison system is built on being able to return to life after you serve your time. The Giudice's are still in the house they got through fraud, and are there making money off of saying how Teresa doesn't deservev to be away, and so on. They may not be the entire reason a business of some kind folded or had to downsize, but they contributed to hardships of said business, I would be fuming if I worked for one of those companies, lost my job, had to downsize/really watch my money for a while, having to cut back on what I give my kids, and then see Joe saying Teresa's "basically at a spa" and her "having ways" to get her daughter flowers as said daughter is getting a makeup artist to come to the fraud mansion; and there is a possibility that's happening for some people. Do people get any money for going on shows like WWHL? Was Giudice being paid as he blamed JoeGo? They only earned that house in the sense that for a while they were able to pull of the crimes it took to get it, and the Bravo check came because they were "rich", and it seems like they've used the money from Bravo to just buy more stuff they don't need and then pay legal fees. Yes, Teresa's doing time but other than that they haven't lost what they shouldn't have and they still don't seem to understand they shouldn't have any of that. If the money they may currently be getting were going towards the debts and watching the show didn't involve seeing they still have what they still didn't pay for but acting like they still actually deserve to have it, I may have stuck out the full hour. But as it is now it's just aggravating.  Addmittedly though, I'm a hypocrite at times and I'll probably switch it in the commercial of whatever I may really be watching (probably an SVU rerun like I flipped this last Sunday) to see if I catch any gems of Juicy Logic that I continue to have a strange fascination with, but I know I won't be able to stick the whole thing out for the reasons I've stated.

• Love 5

Melissa, the grown woman who removed her children from their school because, she claimed on TV, she was afraid that their own cousins would harass and bully them.

Well after seeing what an animal Milania is, maybe she had the right idea.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 7