Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Rick Hearst looks fine today. Why is the show having him be the lame villain du jour? 

Ric being stuck as the foil to the useless psycho "hero and heroine" of the show makes me stabby.  This is what they do with Rick Hearst?  Really?

• Love 7

(I think he killed someone in self defense .. am I forgetting a murder?) and he's treated 10x worse than Sonny, Franco, Ava, Julian, etc. What is up with that?

He's on recurring?

imo the whole "chaining a woman and planning to steal her baby" is pretty creepy. But you're right, it's no worse than what any of the above have done (Nina's drugging Ava was pretty much as creepy.)

But are they treating Ric worse than Julian though? Everyone is up his butt about this murder.* "You! Julian! You did a push-up and acted like an obnoxious overgrown prep school student! Murderer!"

*I forgot, it's just a shooting at this point. Sorry, that was my subconscious desires rising to the surface.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

He's on recurring?

imo the whole "chaining a woman and planning to steal her baby" is pretty creepy. But you're right, it's no worse than what any of the above have done (Nina's drugging Ava was pretty much as creepy.)

But are they treating Ric worse than Julian though? Everyone is up his butt about this murder.* "You! Julian! You did a push-up and acted like an obnoxious overgrown prep school student! Murderer!"

*I forgot, it's just a shooting at this point. Sorry, that was my subconscious desires rising to the surface.

Julian at least has Sam and Alexis in his camp. Ric had Madeleine. Sorta. Ric tormenting Nina was creepy and, yes, a bad thing but to now have him be so inept around the town's two certifiables is so stupid. 

This show is trying to kill me, too. Carly in a church having Sonny flashbacks. I may never recover.

• Love 3

[beats dead horse] Well, he is a freakin' murderer.  He shot and killed his own sister because she grew a conscience (no, not Ava, the other one).  He shot and killed Johnathan Paget, because he thought he was Duke Lavery. He shot and killed his Bernie-type henchman because he was weak and squealed to Sean/Shawn instead of letting his hand become the next special at Kelly's.  And he had Duke Lavery killed, again. [/dead horse]

So, I have no problem with this [speculation] (obviously fake) rap put on him.  I just regret that it's going to give him martyrdom status when it proves to be false. [/speculation]

Edited to add:

Where's Ron Carlivati when I need him to make a belittling comment about a spelling error.  Conscious, really?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

No, I don't have a problem with it either. But Will de Vry's Julian is as threatening as his turtlenecks.

Someone sent me this recap:

(and Carly reads his vows, but as she does, imaginary Sonny shows up behind her and reads them aloud)

I . . . I think I'll skip today's episode.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

No, I don't have a problem with it either. But Will de Vry's Julian is as threatening as his turtlenecks.

Someone sent me this recap:

I . . . I think I'll skip today's episode.

If only he showed up behind her and re-read his "I want the smell of you out of my house" speech. That would have been more true to form.

• Love 6

"Dear Carly, when I slept with Brenda, Claire, Claudia, Olivia, Kate, Alexis*, that was pretty, you know, good. But it was even better cause I knew if I didn't like it so much, or they stopped having sex with me, I could come to you and we could have sex. And that's pretty nice. Thank you for being my bride again."

*I left out Lily and Karen because to be fair to old Sonny, that was before he met Carly.

• Love 20

He's on recurring?

If Sonny would actually die from this shooting, I'd want the shooter to get the exact same punishment as he got for killing AJ - 10 seconds in prison, an escape, taking the last two steps in someone else's heroic effort, then the mayor all but throwing the shooter a ticker tape parade and declaring them pardoned of shooting the moobster. 

• Love 16

I honestly liked Carly and Sonny's vows, but that's entirely on Laura Wright.  OTOH, that scene was only almost as manipulative as Liz's endless Passions-esque preparing to prepare for the shock of preparing Jake to hear that he's really Jason...which of course never fucking happened.

Patrick at least got to do a little more reacting, which was nice.  It reinforced that they're only letting him do this now because Samtrick's doomed, IMHO, but it's still nice.

Francs and Neens being the deliberate comic counterpoint to the rest of the episode by finally getting over on Ric...screw it, I'll allow it.  At least that story's over with.

Oh, and Morgan was straight up channeling dear old Dad at his bedside.  I'm pretty sure that dialogue was lifted whole from some old Sonny scene.

And Dante being the one to actually blame Sonny, if in an angsty way, for his current situation was really nice.  That probably counterbalanced Maxie sniffling into the Tree's pecs about the whole thing.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 6

"Dear Carly, you are the love of my life... No wait Brenda is the love... No scratch that Connie/Kate is the ...ah hell you have been my most consistent bed warmer and most loyal of loyal apologists. Thanks for always being there to enable me and ignoring the gun shot to the head thing and that little threat to kill you over one of my other baby mamas. You're just...you're just aces. Until my penis falls into another woman. But for now you are aces."

• Love 23

for the shock of preparing Jake to hear that he's really Jason...which of course never fucking happened.

I'm an idiot because I totally thought it was going to happen today and I was starting to get excited that we were having movement in a story.  I guess I should just be happy that Ric has been lifted out of the NIna story.  Now Ric and Jordan need to hook up because, that, would be hawt.  

• Love 2

Morgan can almost tie his shoes by himself, but thinks he can take out Julian? So, when Morgan carries out his revenge plan, who will actually get hit? Olivia? Carly? Kiki? TJ? Or maybe an unsuspecting shrub?

Liz will "lie 'til she dies", so I knew she wouldn't tell the truth even if BFTD!Jake hadn't interrupted.

I wish Ric had just shot Nina and Franco in the face and saved us all. Then went to the hospital and held a pillow over Sonny's face.

Speaking of Sonny, that speech Dante gave started out shaky but I think he pulled it back in the end.

• Love 5

Carly in a church having Sonny flashbacks. I may never recover.

And you know what I was reminded of throughout?  Sonny and Carly, in that chapel, reminiscing about their GRAND AMAZING LOVE as they conspired to keep Sonny murdering AJ a secret.

• Love 5

Patrick at least got to do a little more reacting, which was nice.

I don't even get what he's saying each day at this point, lol. He says something somewhat pissy in a quiet, whisper tone and then ends up saying "I'm sorry!" to Sam. That happened multiple times in this episode alone.

• Love 1

But I loved re-seeing all of the different looks that Laura has sported over the years.  

Oh that is one bonus, no doubt. I love Laura Wright. I watched her survive years of crap stories and the scenery chewing machine that is Kim Zimmer. LW brings way more to Carly than Carly deserves at this point. The fact that I can tolerate Carly after that horrible limo sex scene years ago is due entirely to LW. (Did they include that in the church flashbacks? I tuned out after the first 3 scenes.)

If Sonny/Carly fans are enjoy this, then good for them. I totally get the willingness to accept whatever scraps are thrown your way. It's the anvil that hurts.

• Love 2

Sam, Angel, and Reese should be in there, too.

I'm only a person, dubbel zout, not a computer!

I believe Angel and Sonny did not actually sleep together, so I left her out on purpose.

I'm sad I didn't remember Emily.

I looked up the previews for tomorrow. Michael and Dante are gonna have mutual cryfest and agree to call the sperm-donor/kidnapper "dad", arent' they? AREN'T THEY?

No way did Sonny write that much, in complete sentences no less. No. Freaking. Way.

I actually don't think Sonny is that dumb. At least, you know, not for a GH character. No, when I think of dumb, I think of Morgan, Katherine Bell, GV's Lucky, this Kiki, Brenda a bit. When I think of Sonny, I think he's more crude than stupid.

I guess Morgan can take Julian out, but maybe he's not even planning on getting out of it and decided to go to prison for dear old dad.

Wow. It's easy to forget just how many women Sonny has been with. Why isn't there more talk about getting tested for STD's on this show? I want to peg Sonny as the guy who refuses to wear a condom, but then there's Stone. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I looked up the previews for tomorrow. Michael and Dante are gonna have mutual cryfest and agree to call the sperm-donor/kidnapper "dad", arent' they? AREN'T THEY?

It's already happened.  Michael has been referring to Sonny as Dad since the confrontation with Ric, including today.  Dante called Sonny "dad" today when he first started his conversation.  

• Love 1

And Dante being the one to actually blame Sonny, if in an angsty way, for his current situation was really nice.  That probably counterbalanced Maxie sniffling into the Tree's pecs about the whole thing.

Maxie sniffling over Sonny is ridiculous. I'm sorry to be a whiny nitpicker, but sometimes it's the little things. Maybe if he actually DIED, but he didn't. This is a woman who has her cousin's who died at 8 years old heart inside her, she knows the precariousness of life. She's not gonna be all "oh the tragedy of the 50something man with the dangerous job getting shot!" It's not even like it just happened in the street, Sonny knew he was walking into a trap, maybe he should have, I don't know, worn a vest? I get Kirsten Storms in on contract and they have to have her pop up while she's on the backburner, but maybe they could try a little harder or more creatively? I don't know, how about a scene with her and Anna catching up, asking her how she's been, did she see R****, etc etc?

It's already happened.  Michael has been referring to Sonny as Dad since the confrontation with Ric, including today.  Dante called Sonny "dad" today when he first started his conversation.  

I saw someone on facebook asking why Dante doesn't call Sonny "dad" all the time. Leaving aside the pesky "shot me in the chest" thing, there's the whole thing where Dante didn't meet him till he was 30. Not every character is like Franco, Random Facebook Poster Who Doesn't See This Comment! Not everyone has to use "dad" all the time!

• Love 11

Maxie sniffling over Sonny is ridiculous. I'm sorry to be a whiny nitpicker, but sometimes it's the little things. Maybe if he actually DIED, but he didn't. This is a woman who has her cousin's who died at 8 years old heart inside her, she knows the precariousness of life. She's not gonna be all "oh the tragedy of the 50something man with the dangerous job getting shot!" It's not even like it just happened in the street, Sonny knew he was walking into a trap, maybe he should have, I don't know, worn a vest? I get Kirsten Storms in on contract and they have to have her pop up while she's on the backburner, but maybe they could try a little harder or more creatively? I don't know, how about a scene with her and Anna catching up, asking her how she's been, did she see R****, etc etc?

I don't think this is being a whiny nitpicker. 'Cause it outrages me. But I do think this show has made it clear that the audience should feel bad for the following people: Sonny, Carly, Nina, Franco. These are not "bad" people.*

*Excuse me while I rip my TV out of the wall.

• Love 5

Ugh, I anticipate more AJ shit talking tomorrow.

And why is Maxie the "OMG Carly and Sonny are MTB!" cheerleader, today and in the preview for tomorrow?

I don't think this is being a whiny nitpicker. 'Cause it outrages me. But I do think this show has made it clear that the audience should feel bad for the following people: Sonny, Carly, Nina, Franco. These are not "bad" people.*

*Excuse me while I rip my TV out of the wall.

My issue isn't so much that she's crying for Sonny cause he's a bad person and the show is trying to make him a victim, although that's certainly there, but because she has no relationship with the guy. Now, if he actually died, yeah, I could buy her tearing up for Michael, for Dante, for Robin, etc etc, because they loved Sonny and she feels bad for them. But otherwise, unless one is a total soft touch and a fount of compassion, which Maxie is definitely not, this is not how anyone in her position would react.

• Love 6

My issue isn't so much that she's crying for Sonny cause he's a bad person and the show is trying to make him a victim, although that's certainly there, but because she has no relationship with the guy. Now, if he actually died, yeah, I could buy her tearing up for Michael, for Dante, for Robin, etc etc, because they loved Sonny and she feels bad for them. But otherwise, unless one is a total soft touch and a fount of compassion, which Maxie is definitely not, this is not how anyone in her position would react.

I get you and agree with you, but I think the show making him into a victim is the main point. It doesn't matter to them if Maxie didn't have a relationship with him. They want each and every character, regardless, to cry over this man.

Even Patrick, the only character who has consistently in the past said whatever the fuck he wanted at ANY moment about people like Jason and Sonny, is sitting there quietly nodding when Sam says "Sonny is my friend blah blah WAH." No character is really allowed to act like this man is a disgusting murderer. Dante is crying over someone who almost killed him! Michael is crying over someone who killed his father!

• Love 6

So as of right now, Jordan has the town brain, right? She is the only the one who sees that Sonny brought this on himself and is grateful this time around it wasn't a bystander, who this time was her own kid.

I get you and agree with you, but I think the show making him into a victim is the main point. It doesn't matter to them if Maxie didn't have a relationship with him. They want each and every character, regardless, to cry over this man.

Even Patrick, the only character who has consistently in the past said whatever the fuck he wanted at ANY moment about people like Jason and Sonny, is sitting there quietly nodding when Sam says "Sonny is my friend blah blah WAH." No character is really allowed to act like this man is a disgusting murderer. Dante is crying over someone who almost killed him! Michael is crying over someone who killed his father!

BJ's heart this ain't. One thing for everyone to cry over an innocent little girl that died in an accident, another to cry over a man that chooses to go back to a violent lifestyle, got pardon after a few months for murder and stills kills without impunity. This isn't even Dante getting shot (by Sonny) while doing his dangerous and necessary job.  As I mentioned before, Jordan is the only one that is taking Sonny getting shot for the umpteenth time for what is and is grateful that at least the person that got hurt deserved it. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

As I mentioned before, Jordan is the only one that is taking Sonny getting shot for the umpteenth time for what is and is grateful that at least the person that got hurt deserved it. 

Can't I get one scene of Scotty doing cartwheels down the street as counterbalance?

I get that they are desperately (and I mean DESPARETLY) trying to lure in/back all the Sonny/Carly fans with this garbage, but do they have to give a middle finger to the viewers who don't like them?  Wouldn't it behoove them not to piss off any segment of the audience at this precarious time?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

To be honest I am more or less okay with Dante's reaction at least. As much as I would love him to not give a shit, he does, so I was okay with what he said to Sonny (at least, from what I saw of it in the preview last Friday).

Everyone else, I got nothin'.

Say, that's gotta be Kristina Sam is surprised by in the previews, right? I probably will watch just to see Lexi.

• Love 1

I'm going to try to hang in a while longer for any potential story or exit for some of my favorite vets, like Genie or Lynn Herring, but the week-plus of Sonny worship and Michael's complete capitulation has basically broken me. I sat there with Friday's show like, 'why the fuck am I still here?'

I am not going to watch that day in and day out, and I am certainly not going to watch it written by one of the worst hacks in the business. At least Ron had all sorts of ridiculous and occasionally interesting ideas amidst dreck. I don't think anyone currently on staff gives a fuck about showcasing some of these veterans and I haven't been able to stomach Jean Passanante on a regular basis since her horrific AMC run. Her ATWT was bad enough, but this has Sonny! It's terrible and everything they're doing, which they clearly think will save their audience, is terrible. As bad as he got, Ron could keep my interest. Whether or not this is still largely his work, and I imagine a lot of it is, this is not doing that and I think this is what they want much more of going forward.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

If GH is cancelled, in, let's say, within a year, do we think that they might hire yet another writer to wrap it up (by which I mean, Guza probably)?

Also, if it is cancelled, my question is, when in hindsight was the beginning of the end? I'm gonna put that in the history thread.