Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I just don't see Cameron being SORASED anytime soon. Not with an proper age Jake just coming home. No way they want BH playing mother to a 16+ year old. Kristina and Molly were aged pretty easily and rapidly. Why? Because you could buy Alexis as a mother to older girls. Still, the crummy writing screwed up that generation of teens. Kristina is off screen and they couldn't write Molly any damn friends besides TJ. What a waste. Rafe had possibilities, and they threw that out the window. Even Felix's sister could've been interesting, especially with her instant liking of Britt. But nope. She was marked for TJ and was dropped the moment they decided that TJ/Molly was their toy.

Hoping that the next set of writers can fix this crap festival of a show.

• Love 4

Becky Herbst has always looked young as hell for her age, the audience is used to it. Liz got knocked up young. I think the show can handle it.

• Love 14

I don't care about Nina at all, but this gaslighting is terrible. I hate that Ric is doing it.  I know he's done evil in the past, but I had hoped we were past that.

And Franco being all offended on Kiki's behalf? Oh please. Sit your serial killing ass down.

I can't love this post enough.

I really want the wig yanked off AvaDenise's head. Just someone, anyone.

• Love 6

I can't love this post enough.

I really want the wig yanked off AvaDenise's head. Just someone, anyone.

I love how, despite Ron's instance that Ava dyed her hair and got extensions, Maura keeps adjusting her hair as if it's a wig. Which it is; a cheap synthetic wig that Uncle Frank's intern picked up from Party City on the way back from In-and-out Burger one day.

• Love 13

Kristen Wagner is always pretty young looking and the show aged her girls. Cast someone who is actually 16-18 years old, and I think it should be fine. You all know who I would want for a SORASed Cameron. I would take Liz dealing with an angry, put upon teen son than this Jakeson shit. At least the storyline would be more about her than all roads lead to Jason. There has been crazier SORASing (hello Wally Kurth and Jane Elliot).

• Love 2

Knots Landing star Donna Mills having a ponderous discussion with plasticine, well-meaning newbie hunk Ryan Paevey about Y&R star Michelle Stafford, then arguing with a deeply bored Kirsten Storms

As much as I think that about KSt these days, I kinda do have to give her props staying on the show so the hubs can actually go out and do other things. 

• Love 2

Kristen Wagner is always pretty young looking and the show aged her girls. Cast someone who is actually 16-18 years old, and I think it should be fine. You all know who I would want for a SORASed Cameron. I would take Liz dealing with an angry, put upon teen son than this Jakeson shit. At least the storyline would be more about her than all roads lead to Jason. There has been crazier SORASing (hello Wally Kurth and Jane Elliot).

The kid in that photo actually could pass for the son of Zander and Elizabeth - a few years down the line. A recast would work because I don't feel enthusiasm for the current Cam, and I could see Liz as the mother of a put-upon 13-year-old right now (who's angry that Dad's not there for him). The recasting/SORASing of other womens' children has worked in part because they are significantly older than Liz. Elizabeth wasn't a teenager when she had Cam, so significant aging of him would look absurd. 

• Love 2

The kid in that photo actually could pass for the son of Zander and Elizabeth - a few years down the line. A recast would work because I don't feel enthusiasm for the current Cam, and I could see Liz as the mother of a put-upon 13-year-old right now (who's angry that Dad's not there for him). The recasting/SORASing of other womens' children has worked in part because they are significantly older than Liz. Elizabeth wasn't a teenager when she had Cam, so significant aging of him would look absurd. 

Genie Francis is only 20 years older than Jonathan Jackson, Fiona Hughes is 17 years older than Kimberly McCullough, in both cases, Laura and Anna were portrayed having their children at what we would deem appropriate ages, not teenagers. That actor, Spencer List, is 21 years younger that Rebecca Herbst.

• Love 6

Genie Francis is only 20 years older than Jonathan Jackson, Fiona Hughes is 17 years older than Kimberly McCullough, in both cases, Laura and Anna were portrayed having their children at what we would deem appropriate ages, not teenagers. That actor, Spencer List, is 21 years younger that Rebecca Herbst.

forget JJ, Genie is only 10 years older than Tyler and no one on the show acted like Laura had been so young when she had Nikolas.

• Love 1
(edited)

forget JJ, Genie is only 10 years older than Tyler and no one on the show acted like Laura had been so young when she had Nikolas.

Oh, I didn't. Luckily TC was so young looking at the time and he and GF had excellent chemistry. (Of course, the show at the time was determine to dress Laura as a hausfrau)  But I wanted to use examples where a slight SORASing (either with the mother (Anna) or the child (Lucky)) didn't hurt the actresses. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Oh, I didn't. Luckily TC was so young looking at the time and he and GF had excellent chemistry. (Of course, the show at the time was determine to dress Laura as a hausfrau)  But I wanted to use examples where a slight SORASing (either with the mother (Anna) or the child (Lucky)) didn't hurt the actresses. 

I'm gonna reply in the history thread.

I totally forgot about RC and his love for the kids. What will happen to the love story of Spencer, Emma & Cameron. It's been going on for years with all the weddings and divorces? Wait! That was Luke, Laura & Scotty. LOL!!! Seriously, will the new woman writer team be as enchanted with the little tykes as RC was? Is that more of a FV story idea and RC just wrote it and fleshed it out? I'm sure every writer has their favorites and idiot will be interesting to see if they are fans of Franco, Sonny, Carly et all. Maybe, the writers will actually like the Quatermaines. Wouldn't that be something novel?!? LOl!!!

• Love 2

I guess that explains why the tykes haven't been seen during the summer. I thought with school out RC would have had them on more. They are cute and talented kids but I don't need to see them so much at the expense of the adults actors. It does seem pretty clear that the mandate from TPTB was that the mob in Port Charles be front & center. Now, will that remain with two woman writers (not being sexist) at the helm? Maybe, they love the mob, too. Who knows?!? The one good thing about this is that GH doesn't have DOOL taping schedule. We will see the changes soon versus 6 months from now.

• Love 2
(edited)

no, it's already been stated that RC was made to put a stop to the kid stuff.

My deullusional-self's fanwank is that Bob Iger was walking through the commissary on the day the episode where Spenthaw dropped sand bags on Emma & Cameron and was mildly amused at this new "Disney Junior" program, until one of his leautinents (so) informed him that it was GH.

All kidding aside, I wouldn't be surprised if this decision came from Paul Lee in an effort to keep Mrs. Lee happy. It's been publicly stated that she watches GH, is a huge Julexis fan, and that he makes decision based on what she likes.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Been catching up on ABC.com but am still a week behind. The Luke/Lucky day was incredible. From the comments it sounds like this past final week of Luke has been a dud which I'll watch eventually.....

But was OVERJOYED about Ron being fired. Sorry, I realize that someone lost a job but he did this to himself - between the Twitter arrogance and the decimation and killing off of several key characters, the man deserves to be fired. And, frankly, he'll be hack writing somewhere else soon anyway... thankfully it'll be far away from here.

I've not heard too many good things about the new team but am hoping it's better, at least for awhile - the honeymoon phase is always enjoyable - Ron's lasted for a year. I don't see them undoing AJ or Duke's second (third?) death but you never know - and with Ron gone, various ex cast members may be ready to sign up again. As someone who can be snarky, I'd want Blackie Parrish as played by John Stamos to perform as Blackie in a show attended by Sean Kanan, Steve Burton and all the other actors that Ron pissed off over the past few years. I'd gladly pay to see that.

I guess we'll never really know what the Legion of Doom was doing in and around Port Charles the past few years.. <shrug> whatever.

• Love 1

Please no Stevie B. I'd gladly welcome back Angel Boris, Nathan Parsons, Kristin Alderson, and be okay with Stafford, Howarth, Easton, etc staying if it meant Stevie B never ever ever ever ever appeared on GH again. I don't even want to see his picture.

• Love 17

Please no Stevie B. I'd gladly welcome back Angel Boris, Nathan Parsons, Kristin Alderson, and be okay with Stafford, Howarth, Easton, etc staying if it meant Stevie B never ever ever ever ever appeared on GH again. I don't even want to see his picture.

Seriously. And I want to add that Zombie doesn't look like any human being alive at all. He's got no soul!

• Love 3

I am catching up on this week's GH today, and I actually just started clapping at the scene when Brad tells Lucas he's already married. Now THAT's the type of drama I watch soaps for! It happens so rarely on GH that I was moved to clap. They must have had the summer interns write this storyline because the dimwits on staff always score a zero in the area of 'believable twists and turns.'

• Love 2

I don't know if Finola/Anna was on the show at the time Robin was born...but from my perspective Genie/Laura's situation was different from Becky/Liz's. Genie was not on GH for years; Luke/TG and Laura/GF returned with 11-year old JJ (can't recall if Lucky was also 11). GH viewers missed out on years of L&L's life together. Elizabeth has never been away from GH for longer than a few months. GH viewers remember her messy relationship with Ric and ONS with Zander, being pregnant (when Becky was pregnant with her daughter), leaving town toward the end of her pregnancy (RL maternity leave),  and that Ric got a call that Liz had given birth to a boy. She returned with an infant. So the beginning of Cam's life, toddler/childhood moments with and without siblings, and all Liz's years as mom to him, have taken place on-screen.  

Soap kids get SORASed all the time. Molly was born onscreen years after Cam and she's in the teen set. Kristina is in college and Liz has 3 kids under the age of 10. A 3 to 4 year SORAS isn't going to blow soap watchers minds

• Love 8

Same thing happened with Carly and her kids (Laura Wright is only 17 years older than Chad Duell, and Carly had him as an adult) and the were aged. Michael went into a coma, and was off screen, but Morgan was sort of on canvas, as was Kristina and Molly, and they were all aged up one day. 

• Love 3

Soap kids get SORASed all the time. Molly was born onscreen years after Cam and she's in the teen set. Kristina is in college and Liz has 3 kids under the age of 10. A 3 to 4 year SORAS isn't going to blow soap watchers minds

Oh, I remember those girls getting SORASed. The Molly and Cam ages (given history) are the most jarring, but the ages of Molly and Kristina aren't a total WTF (to me) because Alexis was into her 30s (can't recall exact age) when she got pregnant with Kristina. I think Kristina and Molly were both off-screen for some time before they were SORASed. Liz's son Cam is about 11 (based on what Lucky said years ago, and being in the same age group as Spencer who's been established as 10 because of the birthday party that went up in flames). Jake was 3, almost 4 the night Luke ran him down so now we've heard multiple times it's been 5 years/he's 8.  I think Aiden is supposed to be 4. Cam being SORASed to 13 would not be too jarring, but 16 is pushing it esp. if TPTB still want Cam/Emma play  scenes to go along with Liz and Patrick's friendship scenes. And I seriously do not want to see a teen Cam develop a crush on Molly, given all of Liz and Ric's history. 

Same thing happened with Carly and her kids (Laura Wright is only 17 years older than Chad Duell, and Carly had him as an adult) and the were aged. Michael went into a coma, and was off screen, but Morgan was sort of on canvas, as was Kristina and Molly, and they were all aged up one day. 

But Laura looks old enough to be Chad Duell's mom, and it was well established a long time ago that Carly and Jason were at least a few years older (about 5-8 years?) than Liz, Lucky, Emily. AT's Emily was the little sister, definitely not in the same age group as her brothers AJ and Jason.  In Carly and Michael scenes, I believe I'm looking at a mom in her mid-40s, and a son in his early-to-mid-20s. Morgan going from 12 to 19 off-screen in a couple years was definitely jarring. 

(edited)

We haven't seen Rebecca Herbst side by side with 15-17 year old,especially someone as boyish as Spencer List. Considering how maternal Rebecca can be, if they have the right chemistry, I think it could really work. She would be playing the mother of someone she has 20 years on

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

Maybe it would be a failure. But if they want to SORAS one of Liz's kids and they're only holding up because of Rebeca's looks, they should try it anyway. I'm sure it would be fine, and if it didn't work, they could send a SORASed Cam back where he came from.

• Love 3

They need to SORAS some of the kids soon....Molly and TJ are the only teens onscreen right now, and have barely ANY screen time.  I remember when the teen set was one of the huge draws of soaps.  Karen, Jagger, Brenda, Jason, Robin......That was a great teen set.  Suck it up and age Cameron and Spencer. 

• Love 3
(edited)

What is the big deal with aging Liz's kids? Both the character and the actress are old enough for it to make sense.

Plus, it feels like Liz has been a mom forever anyway

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Maybe it would be a failure. But if they want to SORAS one of Liz's kids and they're only holding up because of Rebeca's looks, they should try it anyway. I'm sure it would be fine, and if it didn't work, they could send a SORASed Cam back where he came from.

I honestly don't get why Cam can't be aged to a tween or teen since BH's son is a teenager and her daughter will be there within a few years. If BH is old enough to be a mother in real life to older kids, so is Liz.

• Love 4

I really want Emma to be a teen. There's so much material there.

I always think it's best to wait at least 10 years after a kid is born to SORAS them. However if cancellation ever officially comes before the 10 year mark I'd be down with maybe like the last episode being 5 years in the future or something and the kids being SORASed/or just plain SORASed

Emma to be a teen. There's so much material there.

I don't want Emma recast until Robin is finally freed from endless captivity and is either living in Port Chuckles and just off-screen or living in some nearby town and off-screen, either option actively co-parenting with Patrick.

The reason is I don't want either Altman & Passanante or some future writer(s) to pull some bullshit where Emma is a rebellious teen that hates her mother for abandoning her and missing her entire child.   

Regardless of the above, Altman & Passanante need to resolve this endless captivity crap immediately, even if it's all done off-screen.  I agree with at least one poster that I'd accept Patrick getting a phone call from off-screen that she and Robert are with Robin and everything is fine.  The details fan be filled-in later if Kimberly ever tapes.

• Love 2

Emma would be a bitch like her father if they wrote it like Robin "abandoned" her, as if Robin wasn't a prisoner the entire time. In the end, she went to save a friend's life to reunite him with his family and I have no tolerance for it to be viewed as anything else, tbh. She did a GOOD thing, regardless of whether fans hate Jason or not. On the show, Jason is not some scum of the Earth. The town loves him. It is what it is.

I mostly want Emma and others aged because I don't find these children appealing to watch.

On the show, Jason is not some scum of the Earth. The town loves him.

He is the scum of the earth. He's a fucking killer, a hitman. But for some indescribable reason, the town loves said scum of the earth. While it is what it is, to me, that very skewing of such behavior is one of the symptoms of what is killing this show.

Still, we agree about Emma/Robin and fixing the relationship even if we disagree about aging her. If for me just because I just fucking hate the sullen angry teen trope soaps seem to love.

• Love 11

He is the scum of the earth. He's a fucking killer, a hitman. But for some indescribable reason, the town loves said scum of the earth. While it is what it is, to me, that very skewing of such behavior is one of the symptoms of what is killing this show.

Still, we agree about Emma/Robin and fixing the relationship even if we disagree about aging her. If for me just because I just fucking hate the sullen angry teen trope soaps seem to love.

I mean, the Sonny/Jason bromance was what this show rode on for a very long time. It's not a new thing. Maaaaaany fans love/loved Mo and Steve.

But I get what you're saying and I'm not necessarily disagreeing. It's like how I feel about Patrick. He should DIAF, but the show portrays him as the most perfect person evah.

I really want Emma to be a teen. There's so much material there.

And if the show is around in five years, that'd be a great time to tap into that material.  Right now, there's great material for Patrick, especially, being a single dad.  And if they'd coordinate with KMc's schedule, there'd be great material for her too.  No need to rush it, IMHO.

• Love 4

Making Cameron an angst filled 12/13 wouldn't be too jarring. He is supposed to be 11 anyway. I just think that SORASING him to be 16+ is just silly. BH is lucky to look so youthful. A mother of a tween, I totally can buy. And yeah, Cameron should be angry at Lucky (and Luke). The man who was supposed to be his father can't be bothered to actually see and parent him in person. Luke never considered him to be his grandson. Luke "killed" his little brother and happened to Luke. Lucky was mad at Luke and then left and Luke bought a bar and changed the name. Now Cam's little brother is back and Lucky still can't be there for Cam and his brothers. Kid has plenty of reasons to be angry.

And yeah, the show needs new tweens. And also new blood(for actual characters and writers). Bring in Julia Barrett's kids. Have one of Nik's cousins dump a tween or two on his steps. Paul's and Jenny's kid (s). The Baldwin girls, Serena and Christina. There are plenty of old families to plunder for new families. But the main thing the tween crowd needs is actual good storylines. TFGH hasn't had consistent good stuff for teens in aloooong time.

• Love 4

And if the show is around in five years, that'd be a great time to tap into that material.  Right now, there's great material for Patrick, especially, being a single dad.  And if they'd coordinate with KMc's schedule, there'd be great material for her too.  No need to rush it, IMHO.

Like I said, a part of my issue is I'm over the kids. I just am.

As far as material for Patrick, the new writers would have to completely contradict everything Ron wrote in that department. Because so far, Patrick nor Emma have any issues. They've been dandy from the start.

• Love 1

I am catching up on this week's GH today, and I actually just started clapping at the scene when Brad tells Lucas he's already married. Now THAT's the type of drama I watch soaps for! It happens so rarely on GH that I was moved to clap. They must have had the summer interns write this storyline because the dimwits on staff always score a zero in the area of 'believable twists and turns.'

I'm still a week behind...but kinda looking forward to seeing this. It doesn't make sense since Brad asked Lucas to marry him (and not the other way around) but if Brad married Rosalie so she could get a green card (and that's what Helena and Nina have over her.. that she's in the country illegally... although wouldn't ELQ HR kind of pick up on that??) then that could be a kind of cool story.

I would say that it'd be great to have Emma as a teen, but I like the actress a lot and she has great daughter energy with Patrick... I'd hate to lose that.

• Love 1
(edited)

I still don't think Joey Luthman or a teen Cameron in general is too old. Liz got pregnant very young, from a ONS. Kristina, who was born not long before, is now in college. It's time. Liz is not going to age out, and they're not going to marginalize her any less than they already are now if she has a viable young male lead in her family. Pull the trigger. I'd do the same with Spencer, as I said, though I can see the virtue in waiting on him a while, maybe. And if the nice little girl playing Emma doesn't improve I'd SORAS her ass in a year too, to about where Hailey Pullos was three or four years back - maybe 13, 14.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I'm a "no" on SORASing Emma.  It's already happened once.  Emma was born about 6 years ago, and the little girl playing her is about 9.  Robin is now in her mid 30s, and one thing that is very clear about Emma's birth is that it happened after Robin was an established, professional adult doctor.  SORASing Emma to the point where Robin has a nearly adult daughter before she's turned 40 would be weird to me.  

It's a real shame that today's teen/young adult scene is so lacking, and it comes, in my opinion as a direct result of Guza's decisions in the 10-15 years ago time span to not let anyone who wasn't Sonny or directly related to Sonny have any children.  They keep having to import nobodies (Kiki, Rafe, Felix's little sister, TJ, Rosalie) to try to make stuff happen for the 16-24 group because the only organic characters in that age group are Corinthii.  And it's not like this wasn't forseeable.  I remember lots of us screaming about it back when Sonny started watering the whole town with his sperm.

I have more hope for the next generation of teens, if only because of the increased genetic diversity.  Spencer, Emma, Cameron, and Joss are mostly not related to each other, and I can see some potential for interesting storytelling there.  I would like to see them all age as a group, but I'm still a few years off from being ready for it.

• Love 2

Like I said, a part of my issue is I'm over the kids. I just am.

I don't blame you, after RC wrote small children in a love triangle, and gave them more screen time than the vets. Or handwaving Spencer's attempted murder of his love interest and her pseudo boyfriend.

As far as material for Patrick, the new writers would have to completely contradict everything Ron wrote in that department. Because so far, Patrick nor Emma have any issues. They've been dandy from the start.

I really wouldn't mind that, since what we had made no sense. I have no issue if the writers actually writing Patrick as a three-dimensional character again (and Anna along with him), instead of as a chess piece on a plot board. RC wrote too many people inconsistently to make certain plots happen, from Robin joining Victor to nobody finding it suspicious that Robin was saying goodbye to friends and family after the Victor fiasco.

This is almost as bad as when everyone in town forgot Lisa was a homocidal lunatic when she started messing with Robin again.

Characters making sense again would be welcome. As long as they don't sacrifice anyone else at the altar of Jasus, the Holiest of Hitmen to ever grace PC with his divine and perfect messianic presence.

• Love 6

I really wouldn't mind that, since what we had made no sense. I have no issue if the writers actually writing Patrick as a three-dimensional character again (and Anna along with him), instead of as a chess piece on a plot board.
Characters making sense again would be welcome. As long as they don't sacrifice anyone else at the altar of Jasus, the Holiest of Hitmen to ever grace PC with his divine and perfect messianic presence.

This. All of the GH characters have clear motivations - family, job, love, money, etc. Establish those, wind em up and let em go and the show writes itself. You don't need to force any character into a plot - if they don't fit, don't use 'em. This is why Liz keeping the truth from Jake doesn't bother me - to me, it's perfectly in character and I can totally understand her motivations even if I don't personally agree that it's the best way to handle it! LOL :) However, Patrick not questioning Robin's disappearance? Michael suddenly giving Avery back to Sonny? Lucky keeping Nik's secret? None of that makes a lick of sense given what we've seen of these characters over time. I love it when writers say stuff like "the fans don't know what is in or out of character ... we're the writers, WE know what they'd do." ... well, no you don't. We've watched this show for decades and we can by and large recite chapter and verse of what this or that one would or wouldn't do. If you're a good writer, you can come up with stuff for everyone to do without having to alter their motivations. If you're a GREAT writer, you get to do what you want but dig in to that character and find the reason why they could do it. Sell it. Don't just tell it. :) 

BTW I don't know if this has been resolved yet, as I am a week behind, but it was clear to me that Nik, in his conversation with Lucky, totally knew that Jake was alive and on Cassadine island. I'm not wild about Nik's descent into the dark side, but I feel that it's not completely from out of the blue and I'm willing to go with it as the show needs a good bad guy and as long as they don't take Nik into "freezing the world" territory, I'm OK with him (although the Hayden stuff was a bit extreme, I think).

Other than AJ and maybe Duke (?) I hope that the new writers have a rule about not bringing any more people back from the dead, but also a rule about not killing anyone on the canvas. Have them move out of town, fade away, whatever... but no more death for awhile!

• Love 4
(edited)

To tell you the truth, the last couple of years have been so bad, I wouldn't care if the new writer reset the show back to the day before Franco2, Silas, and Kiki rolled into town and pretended it was all some sort of nightmare Robin had while being held captive.

ETA:  What would we miss?  Purina, Rocco, Nina, Donna Mills, Carly in a cave, dead AJ, pickle wars, kiddie quads, Sonny & Olivia, Maxie & Plywood, pregnant Olivia?  Really the only thing I'd miss would be Brad and Lucas.  That's sad.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 6
(edited)
Why didn't Alexis get a goodbye with Luke?  That was a mistake as he never apologized for blowing up her house.  Unless I missed something, I've been sort of out of this show lately as the writing super sucks.

alexis and Nikolas should have gotten goodbye scenes. Lulu should get a goodbye scene (I know they got a final scene, but that was not a good last scene). Lucy should have gotten one. 

It's not that hard to figure out Sonny without the mob. It can't worse than endless anonymous shipments, fights over piers and docks and shipping lanes, and territory wars.

and if they still want the plot point of danger being a constant of Sonny's life, they can still say enemies still come after him even though he's out of the mob. Poor Sonny!

To tell you the truth, the last couple of years have been so bad, I wouldn't care if the new writer reset the show back to the day before Franco2, Silas, and Kiki rolled into town and pretended it was all some sort of nightmare Robin had while being held captive.

ETA:  What would we miss?  Purina, Rocco, Nina, Donna Mills, Carly in a cave, dead AJ, pickle wars, kiddie quads, Sonny & Olivia, Maxie & Plywood, pregnant Olivia?  Really the only thing I'd miss would be Brad and Lucas.  That's sad.

No, Britt was already pregnant with Rocco at the time, so he'd still be percolating. We wouldn't have the NAME Rocco yet though, and I know that would make a lot of you happy. Okay, most of you. :)

I guess we would miss Purina but Sabrina would still be around. I don't mind that so much though.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

I am good with bringing A.J. back at any time. Beyond that, sure, we can have a moratorium on the dead for a while.

I do have a terrible suspicion that had Ron gone on - and gotten cancelled - that he would've then brought IB back again as Duke to give Anna a happy ending.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
(edited)

I do have a terrible suspicion that had Ron gone on - and gotten cancelled - that he would've then brought IB back again as Duke to give Anna a happy ending.

I have absolutely no doubt that this was RC's plan and end game.  

Duke would have just showed up with an off-hand, Dr. O froze me and sent me to Helena for Reasons! And then, 30 seconds later, they'd be sent off into a sunset, painted gray.

Ron's tipped his hat on that ever since he tried reassuring Duke and Anna and Robert and Holly fans by straight out saying that the "right couples" would wind up together in the end.  The man was tweeting out that his outline was changed, for Christ's sake, when they aired Holly saying she was running a con with Ethan instead of implying she was with Robert but that he was unavailable.

All objective criticism aside, this RNA fan is breathing a temporary sigh of relief and maybe, just maybe, watching Night Shift 2 again.

Edited by Francie