Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I guess that's true, Judge Naxie Spoiler had to be stopped.

But wouldn't it have been nice if, you know, Maxie had proved she had changed instead of needing to be rescued by a man...

On the one hand, I can see that. Both Diane and Alexis can't pull off the usual legal miracles that the Mob Clients rely on, Monica could cockblock him, and Felicia (and Mac) are MIA. Then again, it looks like Dr. O to the rescue (and I don't think Judge Walters was *not* persuaded by Dr. O).

On the other, Maxie was kidnapped and almost killed, and then Judge Walters threw in this bullshit. Unless "stay away from the man who rescued you" means "change"....

On the one hand, I can see that. Both Diane and Alexis can't pull off the usual legal miracles that the Mob Clients rely on, Monica could cockblock him, and Felicia (and Mac) are MIA. Then again, it looks like Dr. O to the rescue (and I don't think Judge Walters was *not* persuaded by Dr. O).

Diane could. But the actress wasn't available. And plus they needed Judge Naxie Spoiler to win.

I think the reason they had Sam go there was because of the Jason stuff. Like, "Ohh! Sam hates the mob life! Uh oh! Jase is alive!"

Most likely. But when Sam was pregnant, she had no problem with Jason being a mob killer. That's what annoys me about her scolding Julian about being in the mob.

I don't mind Molly being mad at Julian, but I do mind her being obnoxious to him in Sam's apartment. Go upstairs and sulk, and let the man visit his daughter and budding-serial-killer grandson.

I fear, once Nathan's Big Bad Father is revealed, it'll turn into a lot of Rex Balsom-esque whining.  "I'm a monster, just like my daddy!".

Nathan doesn't seem the type to whine that way. He was pretty chill learning that Liesl was his real mom. (Rex didn't need genetics to be a turd. That was always his personality.)

But wouldn't it have been nice if, you know, Maxie had proved she had changed instead of needing to be rescued by a man...

What? A woman changing for the better? Not on this show. 

I don't ordinarily like Franco, but I do like he absolutely gets under Sonny's skin.

Obviously Ron or another writer read these boards on what could possibly make Carly be with Franco. I'm sorry, but all of that—Franco being Jason's brother (at the time), thinking she saw the good in him—total baloney, IMO. Franco facilitated Michael's rape. There's no way she would forgive Franco for that. NO WAY. Even losing Jason wouldn't make Carly so vulnerable she'd let that go.

Carly wants Michael to take care of the baby? Way to saddle him with another burden.

Me likey Ric's scruff. Rowr.

• Love 1

It really pissed me off today how Carly is suffering like zero consequences, how she's free to wander around town like nothing happened, with new ass-kissing confidants like Jake(son).  Where are Monica or Tracy to lay the smackdown?

Ugh, of course, Morgan fawns all over her, but saintly Kiki is just worried about Michael being hurt by them being together and about focusing on the baby.  Shut it, wench.

I'm happy Johnny was like, "Yeah, I'm not befriending psycho SERIAL KILLERS, thanks."

Threats of rape...how festive!

• Love 14

Dude, can we not with this prison rape stuff? If anyone need be threatening Franco with prison rape, it would be AJ or Jason. Not Sonny, who can't even get his own towels and has abused every woman he's been involved with in some way. News flash, Sonny would be the "prison bitch". And that is a scary look into Ron's psyche. I hope Roger Howarth hires a bodyguard.

Ric does look good with scruff.

Carlos. It was Shawn. You should have took a chance and let him shoot.

• Love 10

I must have blacked out when Carly said Michael should have custody of baby Not-Jamie.  She is really taking delusion to a whole new level. 

Ugh, we better not be in for some kind of custody battle story, with either Morgan/Kiki vs. Carly or vs Carly and Michael or something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
Carlos. It was Shawn. You should have took a chance and let him shoot.

Hee. I think Carlos was not around for most of Shawn's botched attempts. Besides, Jordan was there. She has hit the targets she aims at.

Ugh, we better not be in for some kind of custody battle story, with either Morgan/Kiki vs. Carly or vs Carly and Michael or something.

It's Ron. There will be some sort of custody tussle.

• Love 1

Well that episode certainly too a dark turn. I'm not squeamish and I would rather feel uncomfortable than bored though so I did enjoy those Franco/Sonny scenes, I must admit. No one deserves to be raped, but Franco did have that threat coming to him.

Its funny how RC is outing himself as a crap writer with the Cranco rewrites.

Good thing the show ended on the sweet note that it did.Phew.....

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

It's been 18 months on this show and AFAIK Kiki still has no real job.

That's probably to her benefit in a Ron custody battle.  On OLTL, Fish and Kyle got dinged for having full-time jobs, but having his son's trust fund to live off was a point in Ford's favor. #haaate

• Love 1

What an uneventful day. I was bored and fell asleep halfway through.

Carly spewing her guts to Jake felt like actual torture there for a second.

Julian getting "reclaimed" as it were by notLuke was disgusting, I didn't care. He should have gone to see Lucas and Brad.

Molly will never stop being annoying long enough for me to find her tolerable. I'm so sick of the damn Davis girls, especially Alexis.

ETA:

I forgot about Jake offering to inform Sonny of the baby's paternity results...that sound you hear is my head trying to screw itself off and run free for the hills.

Ron is such a lazy-ass shit writer, I swear to god...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

Sonny/Carly/Jason/Liz quad coming to that TV in your living room. 

Stay tuned for more love in the afternoon. 

And that is enough to make the ol' Christmas cookies come up...

Speaking of Christmas, I want to take a moment and wish everyone a Merry Christmas or, if you don't celebrate it, a Happy Thursday! May the food, drink, family, and friends be plentiful, may your spirits be merry, and may a Christmas miracle occur where RC gets some writing ability wrapped in a pretty bow.

And if a Christmas meteor takes out Sonny, Carly, Sabrina, Jake, Liz, Kiki, Morgan, and Franco in the meantime, that's just the gravy on the Christmas turkey! Cheers, all!

• Love 9

For the love of - WHY does FakeLuke need freaking Julian? Julian! For the love of pie! Just take out the old man with your bare hands! And look, there's Carlos! HE HAS NO CHANCE AGAINST THE TWO OF YOU! Please end this story!

I'm sorry, I've gone a wee bit crazy from this.

Johnny: you tied Lulu to a bomb. That wild, beautiful woman who I loved.

Good lord. Awful line.

Laura Wright looked nice today.

I don't enjoy Morgan kissing Kiki, but I do enjoy that he just went for it on purpose and admitted it, no "whoops I just happened to stick my penis in Ava's vagina in a crypt" from him.

It really pissed me off today how Carly is suffering like zero consequences, how she's free to wander around town like nothing happened, with new ass-kissing confidants like Jake(son).  Where are Monica or Tracy to lay the smackdown?

Ugh, of course, Morgan fawns all over her, but saintly Kiki is just worried about Michael being hurt by them being together and about focusing on the baby.  Shut it, wench.

Especially since she was absolutely kissing him back. Go fuck yourself Kiki.

I'm feeling the Fesitvus spirit today, obviously.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I am still amazed that after a year of this, Ron has brazenly completely reset the entire Fluke story to square one now that Tony Geary is back. "Fuck you, we're soaps' last hope!" It is so aggravating.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9
For the love of - WHY does FakeLuke need freaking Julian? Julian! For the love of pie! Just take out the old man with your bare hands! And look, there's Carlos! HE HAS NO CHANCE AGAINST THE TWO OF YOU! Please end this story!

Because apparently he must have the same elder force-field as Helena has which protects him from all harm and able bodied individuals finally handing him his ass both frontwards and backwards.

All Julian would have to do is distract him and signal to Carrrrrlos and "bam!" it's over. They would then drag his body down to the harbour and dump it into the water. Done and done. Then Julian could just track where he stashed the real Luke.

The idiocy...it makes it so hard to keep from putting my foot through the TV sometimes.

Oh and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to one and all, if you celebrate or just like to take advantage of another given day on the calendar to get good and buzzed without getting any weird looks, I hope everyone stays safe and enjoys their time however they may spend it with whomever. 

And may Ron get a shitload of coal in his stocking this year,

• Love 8

I am still amazed that after a year of this, Ron has brazenly completely reset the entire Fluke story to square one now that Tony Geary is back. "Fuck you, we're soaps' last hope!" It is so aggravating.

Oh, today was infuriating. That wasn't even the worst part, setting up Julian in this b.s. again, it was Julian asking, "if you're not wearing a mask, how do you look ~~exactly like Luke Spencer~~" and Geary woo-wooing, "that's my secreeeet." Look, Ron, just don't bring it up if you're not gonna just say it at this point.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Quoted for absolute fucking truth.  At the very, very, very, VERY least, the audience should have learned who Fluke was (coughBillEckertcough) that very first day back.

Resetting the story to square fucking one - Fluke hits up the unwitting Q's for a job at ELQ, Fluke threatens Julian, etc. - is lazy as hell.  What's next, a repeat of Fluke grossly hitting on Kiki?

• Love 4

Oh, today was infuriating. That wasn't even the worst part, setting up Julian in this b.s. again, it was Julian asking, "if you're not wearing a mask, how do you look ~~exactly like Luke Spencer~~" and Geary woo-wooing, "that's my secreeeet." Look, Ron, just don't bring it up if you're not gonna just say it at this point.

It's literally the same story. "Well, you caught that Luke imposter. But now you'll have to catch him agaaaiiinnn! But how will you ever know when he's doing all the exact same thiiings!" They have barely attempted to change it; Julian is still his helpless mook, Tracy is still his dupe, he is still targeting Michael and ELQ.

It reads like Ron threw another temper tantrum: This is his story, it was his grand design, TG's illness shouldn't change that and now we're all going to see it the way it should have been from the beginning. So there. Because what is anyone going to do, stop watching? There are only four soaps left! Support our hard work!

I'm a writer, I get wanting to execute a creative vision - so few soap HWs get to do so these days, and sometimes Ron's long games have worked in the past. But at GH it's just a mess. It's so ridiculous. Nobody cares about your grand vision anymore after a year of this schlock.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 15

So now Ron wants to give a lame ass reason for why Carly got involved with the SERIAL KILLER. He's so full of shit.

Johnny needs to have one of his prison goons kill the SERIAL KILLER.

Julian BETTER NOT touch Jordan...unless it's during sex.

• Love 2

Pentonville was fun when it was Sonny getting Seasons Beatings from Johnny and The Goons.

You're telling me a SERIAL KILLER can't fucking shiv Sonny 8 ways from Tuesday. Lies. Sonny would be a Christmas star or tinsel. If I'm betting on anyone, I'm betting on either the dude with the goons or the dude who's done his own killing before. Not the guy who shoots and cries. Or can't carry his teenage doctor girlfriend upstairs.

Say what you want but line of the day was Franco saying things were rough now that Jason wasn't there to do Sonny's dirty work.

Then show was like oh look lulz Jason gonna go give Sonny the test results! Christmas love reunited! J/k!

• Love 3

HP looks so much better without the Fly Girl hair and heavy make-up.

At least TG stuck with one accent today.

I loved Sonny & Johnny treating Freakco like the peice of shit he is. I hope Sonny follows through on his threat.

I can't believe we actually have to see Spinbitch tomorrow. I'll be giving myself a Christmas present and not watching the episode until after Christmas.

It's literally the same story. "Well, you caught that Luke imposter. But now you'll have to catch him agaaaiiinnn! But how will you ever know when he's doing all the exact same thiiings!" They have barely attempted to change it; Julian is still his helpless mook, Tracy is still his dupe, he is still targeting Michael and ELQ.

It reads like Ron threw another temper tantrum: This is his story, it was his grand design, TG's illness shouldn't change that and now we're all going to see it the way it should have been from the beginning. So there. Because what is anyone going to do, stop watching? There are only four soaps left! Support our hard work!

I'm a writer, I get wanting to execute a creative vision - so few soap HWs get to do so these days, and sometimes Ron's long games have worked in the past. But at GH it's just a mess. It's so ridiculous. Nobody cares about your grand vision anymore after a year of this schlock.

Instead of turning lemons into lemonade, Ron was like, "Oh no, you are going to eat these lemons, just the way I prepared them!".

• Love 5

I am really beginning to think that the inside of Ron's mind is a very scary, frightening place. How can he actually believe that this, whatever the hell this is, is the best he can come up with?

notLuke is not interesting. He is not engaging, he is not Tony's "masterpiece". At best he's an annoyance at worst he's an unbearable terror.

Ron sees what he wants to see and Tony gets to do all of the crappiest accents he wants to while looking like a stiff gust of air from a ceiling fan would knock him right over, what a win win for us all...

• Love 7

I'm sorry, I've gone a wee bit crazy from this.

Johnny: you tied Lulu to a bomb. That wild, beautiful woman who I loved.

Good lord. Awful line.

Laura Wright looked nice today.

I don't enjoy Morgan kissing Kiki, but I do enjoy that he just went for it on purpose and admitted it, no "whoops I just happened to stick my penis in Ava's vagina in a crypt" from him.

Especially since she was absolutely kissing himself. Go fuck yourself Kiki.

I'm feeling the Fesitvus spirit today, obviously.

I figure naming Lulu was the safest option for Johnny at this point in time.

No, he was painting it way too strong. "That wild, beautiful woman that I loved"? oy. They will do some sort of Johnny/Lulu flirtation to make Dante jealous probably.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Does Snarly realize that if Michael does get custody, there is a fairly good chance that he will be raising Babygirl C. in the Q Mansion?

Instead of a stranger, couldn't Snarly get either Duke or Shawn tell Sonny that he is the baby daddy? The stupid, it burns.

• Love 2

It's been 18 months on this show and AFAIK Kiki still has no real job.

True, but then again what is she even qualified to do? Realistically, I mean. Not like with Michael, who we're supposed to believe is capable of being a CEO or whatever. At least Michael has family nepotism to rely on. Kaka's real father never talks to her about career stuff that I'm aware of, and her fake father is a SERIAL KILLER, and thus not likely to be able to advise her either.

How did Michael being responsible for the baby even come up?

If they are going down that road just make the kid AJ's since Michael having custody would make sense.  

Carly is using another kid to get what she wants.  I hope Michael sees through her.

• Love 5

No, he was painting it way too strong. "That wild, beautiful woman that I loved"? oy. They will do some sort of Johnny/Lulu flirtation to make Dante jealous probably.

I hated OG Johnny/Lulu and their anti-chemistry so much but I'd be more than okay with tossing Johnny to the wolves now. Free Dante tbh.

• Love 2
Why does Snarly think that she has the right to say who gets custody of baby C?  There is another family involved.

Plus, Michael didn't even want to touch the baby (I don't blame him, I'm just saying) and Carly thinks he should get custody??

That said, I actually do not buy Carly being thrilled at all about this baby and being so welcome-to-the-family-ish. She should probably be all "yeah toss it to Julian". Or Sam, I forgot Sam is related to the baby.

• Love 4

Does Snarly realize that if Michael does get custody, there is a fairly good chance that he will be raising Babygirl C. in the Q Mansion?

Instead of a stranger, couldn't Snarly get either Duke or Shawn tell Sonny that he is the baby daddy? The stupid, it burns.

Ohhhh Carly's lady gut knows it's really Jason. Just like she totally knew he was still alive that time she believed he was dead but not really. She just hasn't pieced it all together yet but give her a little while.

He's already saved her like Jason and now he's offering to do her a huge favour for really no logical reason, now all she needs is to fall into bed with him and bing go bang go she'll know for sure.

• Love 1

Or Sam, I forgot Sam is related to the baby.

As is Carly's brother Lucas (who?).

I could see Carly taking an interest just as a way to stick it to Ava.  "Check this out, bitch, I decide who gets to raise your baby, suck it!".

Edited by TeeVee329

I hated OG Johnny/Lulu and their anti-chemistry so much but I'd be more than okay with tossing Johnny to the wolves now. Free Dante tbh.

replying in the relationship thread.

Then show was like oh look lulz Jason gonna go give Sonny the test results! Christmas love reunited! J/k!

I really think that meeting Sonny is going to be the thing that jogs Jakeson's memory.  They will run together in a field and embrace, so happy they found each other again.  His wife....nada.  His kid....zilch.  It's going to be seeing Sonny that does it.  Calling it now.

And oh, Molly.  STFU.  I understand why she hates Julian, I really do.  But you are in your sister's home, and SHE invited him to stay and visit with his grandson.  SO STFU.

ETA:  Just also wanted to point out that Sam does indeed have a job....Not sure how lucrative it is, but she has a PI business. 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 6

I really think that meeting Sonny is going to be the thing that jogs Jakeson's memory.  They will run together in a field and embrace, so happy they found each other again.  His wife....nada.  His kid....zilch.  It's going to be seeing Sonny that does it.  Caling it now.

Oh man, I don't want to return to the same old same old mentor-lover-older brother-bestie-friendie/enforcer relationship, but that will be hilarious if a trip to Sonny is what triggers his memory.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Carly really needs realize that she has zero say so in where or by whom the baby is raised.  She just has to stick her ass into everything.  I wish she would try to do something custody wise and judge cockblock puts her in her place.  Besides, with this being Ron's show and all, chances are they'll retcon the paternity to some dayplayer from Ryan's Hope anyway.  Enough with the Fluke crap! How long are we meant to suffer with this? It's boring as hell, and stopped being amusing about the first day it was on however long ago that was (seems like years).  I really hope Carlos's secret santa gifts him with a bottle of shampoo.  I'm glad Ric is back and it wasn't dragged forever, and I hope he throws a wrench into the Jake(son)/Elizabeth mess because while I like the actors, I know eventually they will turn him back into Jason, and I hate Jason.  

• Love 5

I gotta say I just love how in the previews for tomorrow Julian actually stands up to Alexis, telling her that he no longer owes her any explanations about his private business or what he does. It's about damn time.

When she wasn't demanding he give her answers she never believed anyway and always said so straightaway she basically killed time by calling him a lying liar who always lies.

The fact that Julian has taken so much crap from her...it's been beyond annoying. I hope he sticks to his guns. He hasn't had a backbone for a while.

I will also dreamtasize that he goes and confronts Jordan as per notLuke's order to "deal with her" and she is forced to admit the truth, she's an undercover agent and then Julian reveals his own badge. Jordan is left speechless as Julian explains he's been deep undercover since the WSB brought him on board those 20 years ago. No one knows about it except the highest of the high in command since if his cover was ever blown it'd have devastating consequences.

Then as they bond over their unlikely connection suddenly their clothes fall off and they have hot floor/desk/wall/ceiling sex.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 11

I really think that meeting Sonny is going to be the thing that jogs Jakeson's memory.  They will run together in a field and embrace, so happy they found each other again.  His wife....nada.  His kid....zilch.  It's going to be seeing Sonny that does it.  Calling it now.

I would give my right ankle if they had a scene where the light of recognition begins to flicker in Jakson's eyes as he gently places one hand up against the glass partition between he and Sonny as Sonny, getting teary eyed and bottom lip trembling, does the same and their hands match perfectly, fingers with fingers, palm against palm as they then mouth "I love you" to one another as music swells dramatically in the background. 

• Love 6