Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I had forgotten that Johnny had slept with so many of Sonny's women.

There weren't that many women for him to be with in the first place.

It's one of the standard soap things, like characters getting married a zillion times and no one blinking an eye.

Edited by dubbel zout

I meant no one was trying to arrest Johnny for allegedly dating Kristina. Legally he was old enough to date her.

I remember that at the time, it was brought up every chance the writers got that Kristina was 18 years old/of legal age (just as was done with Lulu in the abortion storyline).

• Love 1

There weren't that many women for him to be with in the first place.

It's one of the standard soap things, like characters getting married a zillion times and no one blinking an eye

Unless they'd made him gay he had slim pickings when it came to women in PC who hadn't ended up in bed with Sonny, sadly.  

• Love 1

The only logical plot to follow "Dr. O becomes Chief of Staff" is for the staff to rally to get rid of Dr. O.

At one point, Ron said in an interview that he wanted to give the hospital staff a common enemy in Dr. Obrecht and I actually thought that sounded, at its bare bones, like an interesting idea, having the hospital staff pull together and bury their differences to combat and eventually oust her.  Alas.

• Love 2

Patrick having anything to do with Carly much less having friendly and supportive conversations will never not rub me the wrong way. It's not that Robin and Carly can't stand each other that's the issue... it's the way Carly treats Robin. If Patrick loves Robin I cannot ever see him having anything good to say about a woman who is constantly sneering at her and coming right out and saying that she's not a complete person because she's got HIV.

It goes beyond schoolyard bullying. If someone treated me the way Carly treats Robin I would very definitely not be okay with my husband having any kind of positive relationship with that person. Carly's attacks are deeply personal and they all stem from the fact that Jason loved Robin and would prefer to remain in a relationship with her than continue to have sex with Carly. Jason loved Robin. Period. And because of that, Carly says truly vile things about Robin's health... it says a lot about Carly but I cannot abide Patrick having anything to do with that bitch at all.

It's just never going to be okay with me. 

• Love 24

What "staff" is he talking about?

The interview was back in the beginning of the year so I guess he meant Patrick, Liz, Sabrina, Britt, Silas, etc.

The show does seem to be backing away from the hospital again.  Patrick is Sam's adventure buddy.  Silas is doing his best John McBain impression with Ava.  Liz's only patient continues to be Jake.  Britt's gone.  Sabrina got fired.  The gays are all recurring.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

If Patrick loves Robin

Bwahahaha surely you jest. That was sarcastic right?

At one point, Ron said in an interview that he wanted to give the hospital staff a common enemy in Dr. Obrecht and I actually thought that sounded, at its bare bones, like an interesting idea, having the hospital staff pull together and bury their differences to combat and eventually oust her.  Alas.

I can actually see this, I mean who at the hospital actually LIKES Dr. O? She is seen there as a kind of the "boss you hate". Which in health care is often common. The administraion is all about the buck while the real people doing the work are usually about helping people first. I think that is what Ron meant to do with the Jakson hospital stuff it just was very BADLY written.

Ugh, should have made a drinking game out of how many times, Maxie, Nathan, Lulu, or anyone said that Naxie aren't allowed to see each other. Can you remind us again? Do the writers think their audience has Alzheimer's?

Also, Maxie, if you want your daughter back, try getting a fucking job.

Dr O shoving some day player doctor out of the way to treat her precious Nathan -- is this what the hospital staff has been reduced to? Day player staff and a criminal COS who shouldn't even have a medical license in the first place?

Overall the dialogue today really grated. It was so heavy handed, like more than normal. I like Liz normally, but the more she is around Jake, the more I hate her. They have NO chemistry and this shit is just forced. Hurry up and bring back Ric!

• Love 6

I can actually see this, I mean who at the hospital actually LIKES Dr. O? She is seen there as a kind of the "boss you hate". Which in health care is often common. The administraion is all about the buck while the real people doing the work are usually about helping people first. I think that is what Ron meant to do with the Jakson hospital stuff it just was very BADLY written.

It also hurt that when Obrecht was yelling at someone, she was usually right.  Brad should show up for work on time.  Liz shouldn't just leave in the middle of a shift without getting coverage.

• Love 4

Silas had better have really snatched that baby.

Dr. O's "bleeding heart" over her son would be far better served if it'd just stop beating. I cannot stand that character.

Gotta love how Patrick keeps dragging his sorry ass all over PC but hasn't even made any attempt whatsoever to try and contact Robin. Where's a stray bullet when you need one.

I'm so disgusted at the treatment of Anna I'm running out of words to describe my feelings.

Ric's missing, and this is supposed to be a surprise?

I'm kinda over Anna and Jordan being yelled at by male superiors.

I'm over them being painted as inept. Anna doesn't just get slapped for this whole Faison mess but now she's on the hook for the almost baby snatcher going missing?

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

Color me shocked.  Maxie wasn't used as a Samtrick prop.   Patrick dodged her questions about their fight, probably because he knows Maxie would have follow up questions about why Robin didn't come home.  

Nevertheless, Maxie is an idiot.  One week before her hearing, she is jobless and goes to see Dudley Do Right because of his shoulder wound. 

• Love 3

Lol. She's going to find Jason and just be mad he's at Liz's house. Let's be real. She's not going to care about the hostage shit. He's said he'd kill her before. So why would she be shocked? I'd like Dante or Anna to go "Wow that was like going against Jason Morgan. " Surely, someone remembers his work.

• Love 1

I'm over them being painted as inept. Anna doesn't just get slapped for this whole Faison mess but now she's on the hook for the almost baby snatcher going missing?

Wait, what?  The FBI guy said Anna's on the hook for Ric going missing?  Wouldn't that be, I dunno, the Witness Protection Program's problem?!?!

• Love 7
Wait, what?  The FBI guy said Anna's on the hook for Ric going missing?  Wouldn't that be, I dunno, the Witness Protection Program's problem?!?!

Well remember what isn't her fault nowadays?

Just the way he was barking at her over having dragged Ric's "Good name" through the mud, and seriously with that? Ric has a good name? Since when? So he's gone a few years without committing a felony, let's throw him a parade?

Anna said she did what she thought was best at the time, faking Ric's death and sending him into hiding, but they've had her say the same thing about Faison so it's more of the same. Anna taking a further fall from grace because Ron's a shithead.

• Love 4

I'd like Dante or Anna to go "Wow that was like going against Jason Morgan. " Surely, someone remembers his work.

But you forget, hitman / mob enforcer Jason Morgan was a hero; he was like a soldier / firefighter.  The police wouldn't know what it was like to be in a shoot out against Jason; they were always fighting on the same side as him, except, you know, when he was plotting to shoot undercover police.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 3

Anna taking a further fall from grace because Ron's a shithead.

This is the same thing he did with Robin. He is trying to make the audience hate Anna in hopes they love Dr. O, just like he tried to make us hate Robin to love Sabrina. I have rarely seen a writer play out so many of his personal problems in the way Ron does.  Nothing will make me, or most people who are GH fans hate Anna. He needs to stop. Get a clue Ron: We love Anna, we hate Spencer, We actually like Dr O in small doses as a villain. Having her in Steve Hardy's seat is a big old fuck you to those of us who have been with this show for more then forty years.

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 7

Dandesun- ITA that it's just disrespectful of Patrick to speak with Carly, especially if any part of the conversation has to do with Robin. He may not love or care about her anymore, but have some respect for the person you've been involved with in one way or another for nearly a decade.

Although this issue is child's play for me. Faison is on the loose and Patty isn't trying to get in contact with Anna, his daughter, or Robin. But he's not giving up on Samantha, y'all!!!!

• Love 3

Ex - excusez-moi Bob the boss? Did he say that Anna dragged Ric "panic room" Lansing's name through the mud? What? I'm sorry, I thought Anna saved his ass when Julian framed him. What, is hot Bob Ric's childhood buddy or something?

Excuse me, gonna have a moment where I imagine Jordan/Anna/Dante are on a show that doesn't pit them against over-the-top supervillains.

I feel like ever since the day Lulu wore the puffy sleeved rainbow monstrosity her wardrobe has gotten much better. Her jacket is great. I feel like someone was like, "my God, did we make her wear a puffy sleeved rainbow sweater? And she's not pregnant? Quick, someone beg Frank for some clothes money for God's sake!"

Olivia's hand grabbing motions in the beginning were cute. Her desperation is kind of a turn off, but then, she's been pretty burned in all her relationships through no fault of her own really (although you could argue she should have known better with Sonny), so I don't blame her for being too shy to speak up. It should be obvious to Ned though, and it makes him look like an ass to confide in her about his relationship with Alexis.

Still, at this point, maybe Olivia and Patrick should hook up instead of inflicting their horniness upon others.

Obrecht looked nice today. Too bad she needs to fall down a well.

Oh no Sam's off the shoulder sleeves are starting to attach themselves to Molly.

Liz's "there was one person in my liiiiife" made my ears bleed a little. Not what she was saying, but her diction right there was bizarre. 

• Love 1

I think that is what Ron meant to do with the Jakson hospital stuff it just was very BADLY written.

Seriously. Jakeson was the wrong person for that story, IMO. His injuries were legit and serious, so any procedures and tests were probably warranted. Seeing Jakeson walk around the hospital in his own clothes kind of belied the point that he wasn't ready to go home, but the hospital could be held liable if it discharged him before he was medically ready to go.

LOL at Dr. O elbowing the ER doctor out of the way so she could remove the bullet.

I enjoyed Alexis as cockblocker for Olivia, because Olivia is acting like a 14-year-old. It's as annoying as Alexis's breathless virgin act with Julian.

You'd think Dante would be a little interested in how his partner is doing. His reluctance to check on Nathan was off-putting.

Shouldn't Jordan be reassigned rather than fired? It's so stupid. And hey, Bob, maybe you should give her a little more support instead of swanning in at the end of events and yelling. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

This show is so fucking stupid.  Anna and Jordan are threatened and excoriated and made to look like horrible people while Dr. O, the paper-thin terrorist and torturer, faces absolutely no repercussions for her actions?  Ron C. suckssssssss.

honestly at this point I think Ron and Obrecht are worse than Guza and Jason. Allllmost, because no one talks about O's heart of gold, even though scenes like yesterday's ending are probably just as bad. Blessedly though O. receives much less airtime than Jason. I'll give that to Ron. Even his favorites get overall much less airtime.

• Love 1

honestly at this point I think Ron and Obrecht are worse than Guza and Jason. Allllmost, because no one talks about O's heart of gold, even though scenes like yesterday's ending are probably just as bad. Blessedly though O. receives much less airtime than Jason. I'll give that to Ron. Even his favorites get overall much less airtime.

And Kathleen Gati brings it every day, that can't be denied.

• Love 3

Ned/Olivia were cute, and I really like that Jordan and Anna had each other's backs. Otherwise, #uGH.

Whoever is styling Haley Pullos is not a friend.

[sarcasm Font]Cant wait for tomorrow!!! We get Nina, Franco, Kiki, AND Delila[/sarcasm Font]

• Love 1

I guess I was supposed to swoon when Maxie rushed to Nathan's side and refused to leave, but it's been so long since Ron picked this plot up, it kinda did nothing for me. 

And I'm not really going to feel super sorry for her when (and this is just speculation) Judge Naxie Spoiler shows up to pick Monica up for a date tomorrow and busts her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
So the moral of the story is that Anna and Jordan should become terrorists if they want to ever be successful.

Or at the very least become serial killers. I mean whack a few useless bodies and viola, insta-heros. Added points if somehow they get medical degrees by kidnapping a few med students.

It looked like her makeup involved a lot of heavy-duty contouring. She's 16. WTF does she need contouring for?

It really is baffling what they're doing to her. She's such a pretty girl naturally, these makeup hacks are really getting carried away.

[sarcasm Font]Cant wait for tomorrow!!! We get Nina, Franco, Kiki, AND Delila[/sarcasm Font]

At least that beautiful big headed baby is back, but dear god tomorrow is sure to be torture.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2
If judge Naxie spoiler shows up and gets mad at her for rushing to the guy's bedside, they might as well literally give him a huge mustache to twirl.

A top hat and cane must be included.

• Love 1

Shut up, Patrick, and go home to your kid.

He can go home, but Emma won't be there. He said she was at a sleepover. *runs away*

Wait a minute, did I get more Sam/Dante? Two more seconds than yesterday too!

Sweet of Anna to get one third of her threesome to check the other one third of her threesome.

The Ned/Olivia scenes bugged because I kept waiting for them to say the name of the movie and they never did. And now I really want popcorn. I don't know why they aren't together, awkward grabbing aside they're ten times cuter than Nexis.

Previews: Thank god Ava's back and has her baby.

• Love 3

Emma is ALWAYS at a sleepover, if anyone has noticed. But why does that matter? Faison is on the loose. It's ridiculous for Patrick not to be worried. Sam is like, "I will do whatever it takes to bring down the gunman who freed Faison!!!!"

I'm gonna keep asking this until I'm blue in the face: Patrick knows who Faison is, right?!?!?!??

Hells brainwashed Patty. Write this, Ron.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

I swear I watched today's show.... the problem is while reading everyone's comments I kept going, "WHAT? Ah, that's right". That's how memorable today's show was.

Plutonium 220 bullets of love to all the comments about how ridiculous it is for Jordan and Anna to be chewed out while all the Serial killer psychopaths skate. This show sucks.

I think, I'll just read the recaps. They are really trying to still make KA happen.

• Love 2

He can go home, but Emma won't be there. He said she was at a sleepover. *runs away*

Wait a minute, did I get more Sam/Dante? Two more seconds than yesterday too!

Sweet of Anna to get one third of her threesome to check the other one third of her threesome.

The Ned/Olivia scenes bugged because I kept waiting for them to say the name of the movie and they never did. And now I really want popcorn. I don't know why they aren't together, awkward grabbing aside they're ten times cuter than Nexis.

Previews: Thank god Ava's back and has her baby.

Are we sure that's not someone's fantasy?

• Love 2
Are we sure that's not someone's fantasy?

With this show who can ever tell. I am doubtful myself just because it'd mean that things would actually be moving along and god forbid we get out of this hell hole of a storyline before next June.

My guess would be that Franco has the baby during the Nina's little freakout and Ava is dreaming about being reunited with her daughter.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Damn, you're probably right. Especially with the promo. I'm blaming my shingles for not properly thinking these things through. My life just keeps getting better and better. I deserve one good thing that I want on this show.

This show is turning into "Springtime for Hitler" with its love affair with sadistic monsters.

Hear me now and believe me later, show, I do not give one fuck about Dr O and her feelings. The day she grovels on her knees to Robin and apologizes profusely and sincerely, I might consider caring. Might.

Ric's good name my ass. Two words: panic room. Some more words: slept with with his stepdaughter when his wife had cancer.

I wish I owned 1 million Nielsen/ratings boxes so I could tell Ron in language he'd understand how I feel about the "writing" for Anna lately.

• Love 9

Damn, you're probably right. Especially with the promo. I'm blaming my shingles for not properly thinking these things through. My life just keeps getting better and better. I deserve one good thing that I want on this show.

Yikes. Feel better. 

• Love 1

I'm not trying to change your mind or opinion, Cattitude, but in defense of Johnny, you have to know their history.  That midgety moobster locked Johnny in a padded room and had him beaten because he was SO SURE that Johnny had shot Kate, when she was played by Megan Ward, when in fact, it was Michael who had shot her.  Then, when it was revealed that he was a child of incest...that Claudia wasn't only his sister, but mother, he taunted Johnny with that, and accused him of wanting his sister sexually, in front of strangers at some party. He was always gunning after Johnny for who knows what reason...

So yeah, count me in as being VERY HAPPY that Johnny was gloating and taunting Sonny. I's so much LESS than what that piece of shit deserves.

I made it a point  to watch because Johnny was coming on. The fact that he paid Sonny back for the things he did to him is gravy. I haven't enjoyed much on GH in Yeeaarrs  Hooray for Johnny. Give him a medal for killing off his murdering Grandfather and welcome him home. Plus BB can act and he certainly is great to look at. I even liked Olivia when she was with him. Now not so much, not at all in fact. Sonny ruins everything.

• Love 5