Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I didn't see it that way at all.  He said it to Dante in frustration - and perhaps even in a bit of relief.  I didn't see at all as Michael ordering him around like a servant

Like I said he didn't seem so out of control to me that he couldn't have tempered his words.

To me if the line had been: "I need you to get him out of here Dante, please, I just can't be around him anymore", or something to that effect it would have worked far better. As I said I didn't feel the wording of that line was necessary or Michael's added attitude.

Like I said, it was more "Just get him out of my sight.  You don't want me to shoot him, fine, but do your job as you promised and put him away."

But that isn't what he said. I understand your particular take on it I just don't agree with it. As far as I'm concerned what he did say was uncalled for.

To me it was snotty Michael making an unnecessary appearance, and frankly I didn't feel that line was the only time he did during those scenes. His little quip about Dante getting shot in the chest by Sonny also didn't work for me, and truthfully I am sick and tired of them bringing it up because it doesn't change anything.

Dante's reaction after Michael said it, he took it that way too because he cuffed Sonny and read him his Miranda rights.

Dante was going to do that regardless of what Michael said or felt because he was arresting Sonny and he was following protocol, or at least trying to, while he was also trying to prevent Michael from making a stupid mistake and getting himself convicted as a killer, again.

Jesus, where the hell do Mo and Wally get their spray tans? A Doritos factory? 

I actually think they just have a bucket ready right on top of the studio entrance.

I love that Michael's brothers were the ones to stop him from shooting Sonny.  Don't get me wrong, I want Sonny dead more than anyone, but I don't want Michael to be a murderer.

imo death is too good for Sonny. He needs to have at least something like that humiliating mock-trial that Stefan went through (now, there is a character who did bad things but who I believed truly and wholly did love his child.)

• Love 3

While I think Jakeson has chemistry with Liz and Sam as someone who watched Y&R Liz and Jakeson are sooo Billy and Victoria it takes me out of the show. I don't really care for Sam at all but I did like the interaction between she and Jakeson. And truely if I was Jakeson I'd be afraid Liz was going all- Nina obsessed- with me. She really is getting way too involved in his life like he is her possession not her patient.

Patrick truely has no purpose anymore. heh!

The Lord Ashton stuff was funny, but it really didn't fit with all the "drama" of Nina/Ava/Sonny/Michael stuff so it kind of made the segways not flow well.

imo death is too good for Sonny

Well that is because it is, because he doesn't suffer. Sonny is a perfect candidate for purgatory, not quite alive nor dead but left in limbo to continuously suffer, and because it's Sonny he'd never actually be able to earn his way out of there so he'd be trapped for all eternity. 

Previews...punch him, Lucas, punch Franco in the face!  Also, Jordan looks like she wants to bang Carly's and Heather's heads together to get them to shut up.

Jordan can get in line. 

I thought Dante's speech to Michael was wonderful today, and from the heart. DZ and CD did a great job.

Sonny's little monologue at the beginning was okay, but Sonny proved just how willing he was to manage the situation when he let Morgan step in front of him. He barely protested. MB should've gone deeper, but I frankly have begun to think he only has so many of those kind of performances in him per year without jeopardizing his health.

I knew Larry Ashton was faking.

Sonny stepping backwards to give his son more room to get between him and the gun pointed at him was priceless, and it really tells you everything you need to know about Sonny. Before that, when they kept panning to Morgan and Dante, BC had an expression on his face not so much like he was in agony over his brother holding their father at gunpoint, but more that he was really bummed that he got to McDonald's 5 minutes too late in the day to get an Egg McMuffin.

I am astound that RC got the timing of Jason's return and the reveal of AJ's murder to align perfectly yet Jason is at GH proving he has more chemistry with Liz. In literally all of his scenes.

I hear the massive waste of time is just so they'll be destroyed for Jasam. Like, why not blame the other "team" already?  Instead of being stuck in a "BM has more chemistry with my girl" waste of airtime, I am sure Billy would rather be playing out these emotional scenes where Jason belong. Being pushed around in a wheelchair is exciting the first day only. RC missed an opportunity to immerse BM/Jason back into the canvas as a changed person or more of the same.

There is a massive fracture happening in a family Jason helped constructed right now yet he is nowhere near it. Jason is the cornerstone of the Sonny/Carly/AJ/Michael saga IMO. He is the reason why Carly ended up with Sonny romantically and his connection is why he blessed Carly's decision to make Sonny Michael's father.

I would think that since Jason apologized to AJ for everything that happened before his death, he'd show Michael at this time that he will support him over Sonny and Carly for Michael and AJ's sake. He can start the long road of making amends to AJ by cutting ties with Sonny and Carly.

You know what is funny? Jason doesn't need a personality transplant for him to shirk Sonny and Carly over killing AJ. He'd already taken this road when he went and visited AJ's grave.

Since we know that we won't see Sonny and Carly go away for any length of time, the best punishment I can hope for is that they both have to face losing both Michael and Jason - their two most prized possessions.  

• Love 3

I really liked the Corinthos family scene. I thought they all did a good job. The issue with Morgan jumping in front of Sonny and staying so long was poor direction. The problem was Morgan had to stay in front of Sonny long enough to say all those lines to Michael so Sonny couldn't just pull him back quickly he had to kind of slomo him gradually away.

Everyone of them in the room knew Michael didn't need to kill Sonny, but Sonny knew IF he did he had to make it okay for Michael. So Sonny acted like he was okay with it and said all he said to Michael out of love for Michael so he wouldn't have guilt. Same with Morgan. Though Morgan loves both Michael and Sonny and on top of not wanting Michael to kill their father he doesn't want Michael to hate him either.

Dante to me came at it from the most healthy place. He loves his father, but knows who he really is. While it pains him to have to serve justice on him he knows he has to and will. He knew the right things to say b/c he himself has to tell himself the exact same thing.

Truely Sonny is broken not so much by having to arrested but b/c Michael hates him and he knows he deserves it. I think he also feels he is a failure as a father with all his sons at odds with him.

• Love 1

I think he also feels he is a failure as a father with all his sons at odds with him.

As he should.  His chickens have finally come home to roost (IN A CRYPT where he cheated on one son's mother by fucking one son's girlfriend on top of one son's dead relatives) and I couldn't be happier.

Which reminds me...I hope Michael drops that bomb about Sonny and Ava doing it IN A CRYPT to anyone who will listen.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I really hope someone will fill in poor Kristina. She'll probably be bummed she missed out on all the good stuff.

Sonny: I, um, I've lost all my, uh, you know, children.

Kristina: You still have me, Daddy!

Sonny: Who are you?

• Love 14

I laugh at the conflicts of interest in the PCPD. Anna arrests her boyfriend. Dante arrests his father. Nathan is out for his aunt who he thought was his mother and his cousin who he thought was his sister.

Well, in their defense, they only have three cops and the town is about 80% mob-affiliated or psychotic. They're bound to run into some conflicts.

• Love 3

Speaking of, I am so gonna want Olivia to shut up tomorrow. she says in the previews, "God, she's got Sonny's baby!" Really Olivia, really? Why does everyone think there's a 50/50 chance between the baby being Sonny's or Morgan's?? Morgan is 20 years old and was screwing her for months everywhere in town! Sonny is haggard and screwed her once. I remember when Liz was pregnant with Aidan practically the whole town was like "oh Lucky you impotent fool, you think you even have a chance against Nikolas' virility? hahaha idiot!"

Of all the things that enraged me today, and really for the most part it was Morgan, I think this one pissed me off more than anything. OMG, she's not Sonny's baby, so shut up, you stupid cow! Unfortunately, Sonny has impregnated so much of this damn town people actually think his 50 year old swimmers are going to outdo Morgan's 20 year old ones. Please.

As someone said on Twitter, DG's Michael totally would have shot him. Before Dante and Morgan even showed up. Too bad. I really liked Dante's speech, what he said was all true. I don't have much of an opinion on the rest, I thought they were pretty good scenes. Wasn't overly impressed with MB, BC and while I didn't think CD was Emmy worthy before, I liked this performance today the best.

I really hope someone will fill in poor Kristina. She'll probably be bummed she missed out on all the good stuff.

She'd be bummed she didn't get to pull the trigger. We really needed you today, Krissy.

I obviously need a much better TV, as I didn't realize there was blood from Madeline's lamp beatdown. Then again, I heard that the blankets for Ava's daughter's birth miraculously disappeared, I missed that as well.

I don't have an opinion just yet on KeMo and BM, but I need Liz to get a hobby, a life, or something else where her existence doesn't revolve 24/7 around Jakeson. It's beyond ridiculous, stupid and annoying at this point.

Having no knowledge or history of Larry, I loved his line about the 60's and Berlin.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

I don't have an opinion just yet on KeMo and BM, but I need Liz to get a hobby, a life, or something else where her existence doesn't revolve 24/7 around Jakeson. It's beyond ridiculous, stupid and annoying at this point.

How laughable was Liz being all, "Yeah, my boys are suuuuuuuuuuuuper excited about some stranger coming to live with us, they think it's the coolest!".  What?  I need Cameron to get his inner "Bitch please" on.

• Love 3

Dante doesn't know about the crypt sex, yet does he? I would like to see his reaction to that.

No I think he knows. Olivia knows, so Dante has to. I think Olivia knows where it took place? It's confusing. I didn't even realize Michael hadn't known where the sex was.

ETA: Okay, all she knows is that it was after AJ's funeral. As much as Dante's facial expression would be fun at that, it would be even MORE fun if he found out Morgan kissed and hit on Olivia.

(No but seriously, what the hell was the point of Sonny and Olivia? To throw LLC some airtime? Otherwise, it was pointless. Don't get me wrong, I'm very very glad it was pointless, but still, why did they even bother?)

• Love 1

As much as Dante's facial expression would be fun at that, it would be even MORE fun if he found out Morgan kissed and hit on Olivia.

Holy crap, I totally forgot about that.  Nobody knows about that but Morgan and Olivia, right?

Holy crap, I totally forgot about that.  Nobody knows about that but Morgan and Olivia, right?

Nope. And it is tragic! (And I actually thought they had chemistry. Too bad they can't go there, not with writing Olivia out of character.) (Not that they don't do that most of the time, or that she has any character left really, but not sleeping with her son's much younger half-brother would be something she wouldn't do, imo.)

Edited by ulkis

What is the point of Olivia, exactly?

lol. Um. To be the town gossip/exposition person, I guess. Also to be a love interest for any other D list characters floating around when she isn't servicing Sonny in between his love interests.

• Love 1

What is the point of Olivia, exactly?

Like so many things on this show, Olivia really has no point other than that pointy head of hers.  She blathers, she interferes, she runs around with pans of ziti like she's the mother on Everyone Loves Raymond (with none of Doris' sex appeal or charm) and she sleeps with Mumbles the Moobster when he's between blow-up dolls.  And seriously, for such a pretty woman, the writers have managed to make this character about as sexless as possible.

And yet she's in Port Charles and Laura isn't.  And any number of other good characters.  

What a waste.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

I love Olivia, I don't care. I love Lisa Lo Cicero and I love crazy Psychic Olivia. It's when they put her with Sonny that she's a snooze. Unfortunately, it's a matter of time before she goes recurring with her new beau Ned. Unless they can somehow lure Tristan Rogers back with a contract and then I am down for Scorpiolivia.

Olivia's role, with Ned and others, is basically a carbon copy of Lois - this has always been my problem with her in a support capacity. (Lisa Lo Cicero even auditioned for the recast, and should've gotten it IMO.) But it works for me because LLC is wonderful, and because they have acknowledged the Lois thing with Ned, etc. and hopefully will do so again. I also loved Olivia in a more serious role with Johnny - I loved her calling him 'John.'

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Jolivia were incredibly hot, but I think that's about the last time I liked Olivia in general. Then she started sniffing around Sonny, then he shot Dante, she forgave him, slept with him, and became an overbearing to the point of uncomfortable mother/mother-in-law. I liked early Olivia a lot, and when she and Claudia had that throwdown. How long has she been on the show?

And FTR, I really like LLC as well. Because she's a cool and funny chick.

• Love 2

Jolivia were incredibly hot, but I think that's about the last time I liked Olivia in general. Then she started sniffing around Sonny, then he shot Dante, she forgave him, slept with him, and became an overbearing to the point of uncomfortable mother/mother-in-law. I liked early Olivia a lot, and when she and Claudia had that throwdown. How long has she been on the show?

And FTR, I really like LLC as well. Because she's a cool and funny chick.

I like LLC but on a show that's bursting she should probably go. Olivia is overbearing but her relationship with Lulu is probably my favorite thing about her, probably because we don't see close relationships between mother and daughters-in-laws on soaps, or on tv in general actually.

This sounds mean but I don't mean it to be so - I think think the reasons she's still around is she sucked up a lot on twitter in 2012 and she's game for anything, and not demanding.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

The show is definitely bursting, but that's why you keep firing people like Felix, Britt and Sabrina. To say nothing of Franco, Nina, Silas, etc. I know, I know, fat chance but whatever. Whatever!

I really fell in love with Olivia when they made her the wacky psychic chick. I think she soared from there. Putting her with Sonny in a RC time-killer pairing hurt her. I think she is great in the role of the wacky psychic town aunt.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

While I think Jakeson has chemistry with Liz and Sam as someone who watched Y&R Liz and Jakeson are sooo Billy and Victoria it takes me out of the show. I don't really care for Sam at all but I did like the interaction between she and Jakeson. And truely if I was Jakeson I'd be afraid Liz was going all- Nina obsessed- with me. She really is getting way too involved in his life like he is her possession not her patient.

If Jakeson seemed at all unhappy with Liz's attention, I'd agree with you. But he seems quite eager to engage in their new relationship, whatever it may be. He's certainly not overly worried about trying to remember who he is or anything. Liz, the nurse, is more fun to pay attention to than, oh, the last 40 years of his life.

• Love 4

In the previews where Lucas is charging for Franco Maxie is standing by but I can't recall if she was actually at the wedding. I don't think she was, was she? Did they give a reason why she didn't go if I am recalling correctly?

I know she helped put the wedding together and supposedly even picked out the wedding dress for Caerly, though I think that's a bunch of bunk. Maxie's never showed such terrible taste in clothing before.

In the previews where Lucas is charging for Franco Maxie is standing by but I can't recall if she was actually at the wedding. I don't think she was, was she? Did they give a reason why she didn't go if I am recalling correctly?

I know she helped put the wedding together and supposedly even picked out the wedding dress for Caerly, though I think that's a bunch of bunk. Maxie's never showed such terrible taste in clothing before.

Did you see the clothes Maxie wore while she was dating Levi???? Maxie has definitely shown horrible taste in clothes prior to this wedding.

Also I am no Dante's fan but where the hell does Michael get off ordering him to "do his damn job"?

You know how he could have done his job a lot quicker Michael? If he didn't have to deal with you holding a gun on Sonny and oh yeah stopped you from committing murder yourself and getting your pale ass tossed back into lockup.

I get Michael's "pain" and all but it's flashes like that which remind me why I really have no use for him.

I don't know that you do get Michael's pain. It's not quotation pain or "manpain" it's a horrid, angry, latent pain that him and viewers like myself have been living with for 20 years knowing that Dante's reprobate of a father dragged Michael into this mess of a family where he never belonged on the first damn place.

Dante also singlehandedly helped Michael into the worst situation of his life when he wouldn't let him run from the law but had noooooo problem burying police evidence to save Sonny later on in life. Dante's police and family loyalties come and go with the wind so Michael can order Dante around until he's blue in the face as far as I'm concerned. Dante is not his brother and he never should have been.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 7

I'm not going to lie. If Mob Princess were a real show with the stuff going on now, I'd watch it like Franco and the imaginary popcorn.

Question though. Olivia's visions really must suck. She couldn't see who really killed her cousin, that Sonny killed AJ, nor that Micheal was going to turn on worst parents ever? Hell, she hasn't seen that Ned's dad is really not so dumb drunk.

And btw I'm becoming more and more convinced he's Fluke. A drunk would need a liver, and AJ's former uncle would feel sympathy for his murder. The what would Lila do explained that. Ugh. So barf.

I'm not going to lie. If Mob Princess were a real show with the stuff going on now, I'd watch it like Franco and the imaginary popcorn.

Frank and Ron need to re-cast (or get Lexi back) Kristina and take Mob Princess on line. Treat it like a real reality show within the fictional show GH. Especially with Sonny going to prison this could actually work this time.

• Love 1
Did you see the clothes Maxie wore while she was dating Levi???? Maxie has definitely shown horrible taste in clothes prior to this wedding.

That stuff was frumpy, Carly's bubblegum fairy princess wedding dress was another level of horrid to me.

I don't know that you do get Michael's pain. It's not quotation pain or "manpain" it's a horrid, angry, latent pain that him and viewers like myself have been living with for 20 years knowing that Dante's reprobate of a father dragged Michael into this mess of a family where he never belonged on the first damn place.

Honestly I don't really care about Michael's pain at all, I hate the kid. However I did not put "pain"i in quotations as if doubting the kid's feelings but merely for emphasis as I usually do. As I commented I felt what he said was unnecessary and that the way he was feeling did not give him a pass in my eyes, simple as that.

Dante is not his brother and he never should have been.

I don't necessarily disagree that Dante never should have been Sonny's son, I've always thought that wasn't necessary and only harmed Dante.

But as far as he and Michael being brothers, on the show they are, on the show it's clear that Dante has been one of the few relatives that Michael can trust and depend on. Frankly that's the only reason I picked out that part from yesterday's show to comment on in the first place.

Michael's life was blown all to hell was about an hour before the scene with Dante. I tend to excuse Michael telling Dante, a cop who lied on the stand, to do his damn job. Brother or not. I would probably say far worse to my brother in the same situation.

I'm not a Michael fan. The only redeeming thing about him was his relationship with AJ. The only hope for that character is that he fully embrace his life as a Quartermaine.

Edited by Veronica
  • Love 3

I wouldn't call him one of the few people Michael can depend on at all given their history. He was useful yesterday but that was it for me but all this would be moot to you if you don't like Michael or AJ.

Oh Ron, how I loathe thee. I haven't watched a single episode of TFGH since I heard they were killing AJ off. Not even Guza could guarantee such barge-living. Hell, I don't live on the barge, I AM the barge. In my first GH viewing in 8months, I caught the Michael takedown on YouTube and though proud I can't help echoing what another poster said, I lost AJ for sweeps month.

AJ Quartermaine (as played by Sean Kanan) was my favourite character on any show ever. Hands down, bar none. He was played with wit, vulnerability and earnestness by a truly worthwhile actor. The Quartermaine family were like members of mine and watching them everyday made me feel at home.

Ron promised to rebuild their dynasty only to end in yet another bloodbath in the name of the greasy little miniature gummy bear mob dwarf. When I watched Michael's scenes with Carly then Sonny the only person I was looking for him to share scenes with after was....AJ. But that will never happen, thanks Ron for stabbing me in the proverbial heart (supposing I have one) and making it impossible for me to ever watch this show again.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3
Michael's life was blown all to hell was about an hour before the scene with Dante. I tend to excuse Michael telling Dante, a cop who lied on the stand, to do his damn job. Brother or not. I would probably say far worse to my brother in the same situation.

I gave him enough passes watching him hold a gun so badly it made Sonny's efforts look half competent, and then he didn't even use it.

I'm not a Michael fan. The only redeeming thing about him was his relationship with AJ. The only hope for that character is that he fully embrace his life as a Quartermaine.

Trading a living AJ for an angst riddled Michael wasn't a fair trade, imo. I never really needed Michael to be anything but a screwed up Corinthos because even with all of this happening he is still a screwed up Corinthos and he can't get away from that and apparently neither can I.

I wouldn't call him one of the few people Michael can depend on at all given their history. He was useful yesterday but that was it for me but all this would be moot to you if you don't like Michael or AJ.

Considering the main people Michael's ever counted on in his life are Sonny, Carly, and Jason, at least Dante has attempted to keep Michael from committing more crimes, with varying success, not sticking him smack dab in the middle of a criminal's paradise while shaping his incredibly flawed outlook on life.

Oh I am a great big AJ fan, have been since the beginning, I just don't care that Michael's his son. Jason was Alan's son and I had no use for him either, liking the father doesn't mean I care a thing for their offspring.

I had always hoped AJ would be proven not to be Michael's father, somehow, and then they could give him a daughter; I always wanted another baby girl Q.

Edited by CPP83

It was assy, but I also think it was more a punctuation on what Michael said early, that Sonny will find a way to wiggle out of suffering any kind of consequence at the hands of the law because he has before and Dante knows that better than anyone.

• Love 2

I wouldn't call him [Dante] one of the few people Michael can depend on at all given their history. He was useful yesterday but that was it for me but all this would be moot to you if you don't like Michael or AJ.

Since Michael went to prison, I think he has been. He's more than once covered up for Michael and has pretty much gone to help immediately whenever Michael has asked. Dante was an ass to AJ, but that's the only thing I can remotely think of, post-prison, where Dante hasn't treated Michael completely favorably.

I'll answer the rest of your post in the GH history thread.

There was one moment today where I thought KA actually looked quite striking in profile.

I know exactly the moment you're referring to because I was like wow she looks really pretty there. And usually her profile is the worst!

THIS.  I agree with you so much on these points.  Chad actually has a great sense of humor, and I would love to see him as part of the snark and banter in the Q household.  Let's not forget that Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and we all know what that's like at the Q mansion.

Oh man, I just teared up a bit at the thought of Q Thanksgiving scenes with Michael. I don't even care that much, but they could just be so good!

I thought Michael telling Dante to "do his damn job" was pretty assy, but given he's going through some huge emotional upheaval right now I'll give him a pass.

It was definitely assy, but I think that was a bit more on CD/the directing. Like that line alone could've maybe not come off that way, but Michael definitely said it in an assy tone. But I didn't mind it because Michael is just really angry right now and rightfully so IMO.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

It was assy, but I also think it was more a punctuation on what Michael said early, that Sonny will find a way to wiggle out of suffering any kind of consequence at the hands of the law because he has before and Dante knows that better than anyone.

I have to say I agree I think Michael saying "do your damn job" wasn't about the moment and cuffing Sonny, but he meant more put him away for life!

@ulkis I want to watch that clip but just the freeze screen looks like Dante's bad hair days so I'm afraid!LOL

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

No, Maxie didn't attend the wedding.  Like Lulu, Maxie put aside her personal distaste for Franco to help out with the wedding, but had no desire to actually attend it.  I assume she met up with Lucas after he fled the Haunted Star with the kids.

I have this feeling that Franco is going to say something really assy to her today about when they slept together (which I'm sure the show will think is so LOL) and hopefully that extra incites Lucas to slug Franco in the jaw.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

No, Maxie didn't attend the wedding.  Like Lulu, Maxie put aside her personal distaste for Franco to help out with the wedding, but had no desire to actually attend it.  I assume she met up with Lucas after he fled the Haunted Star with the kids.

I have this feeling that Franco is going to say something really assy to her today about when they slept together (which I'm sure the show will think is so LOL) and hopefully that extra incites Lucas to slug Franco in the jaw.

Can I just say that I love how much time Lucas and Maxie are spending together (hopefully it will last). Maybe Ron took the complaints of them not interacting for months, seriously. If he did, then good on him. I care about characters more when they casually hang out with family and friends and just shoot the breeze. Like real people do.

• Love 2

Oh bless you, Ulkis!

hee, no problem. Obviously that clip is a favorite of mine. :)

@ulkis I want to watch that clip but just the freeze screen looks like Dante's bad hair days so I'm afraid!LOL

It is, Cattitude . . . but the writing and the acting are really good in that scene (if you hate Sonny), it's worth suffering through the hair imo.

Oh, let's add one more "people yell at sonny" classic clip. It's Alexis and Sonny from 2002:

• Love 3

Thanks, I didn't think I'd blinked and missed her.

Oh I'd forgotten all about Maxie sleeping with the real Franco...hopefully this show did too, for once I could do without the history recall, especially with the way Roger will probably play it.