Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ok, what I wouldn't give to have an entire episode of just Jakeson roaming around PC, running into countless people that ALL manage to bring Jason Morgan into the conversation.   Pure.Comedy.Gold.

Jakeson: Yeah, can I get a hot dog, heavy on the ketchup? 

Street Vendor:  Sure thing.  **long sigh**

Jakeson: Is something wrong??

Street Vendor: Oh yeah, it's ok.  Your order just reminded me of a guy that used to get hot dogs from me years ago.  He's dead now though, his name was Jason Morgan and he tipped really well.

Jakeson: Um...ok

Jakeson: Excuse me miss, you dropped this. (Hands lady back the paper that fell to the ground)

Lady: Oh thanks so much!  (gives Jakeson a funny, far away look)

Jakeson:  Everything alright ma'am?  You look sad...

Lady:  Yeah, you just reminded me of the guy that used to come into my store and buy bulk black t-shirts.  He picked up a piece of paper I dropped once too.  His name was Jason Morg....

Jakeson: Oh for the love of....

Seriously.  Pure.comedy.gold.  (sorry for the lame scenarios, but the idea stands)

• Love 22

To be fair, I believe Steve Burton's age SORAS' d Jason. So they did play with Jason's age a tad. And AJ's.

AJ's on screen birthday is actually Dec 13, 1979. Not Nov 18 as his tombstone states.

Jason was actually born in 1981. When Burton took the role over, they changed his birth year to 1974. 5 years older than AJ was originally.

Billy Miller's birthday is 9/17/79. He's 35. Steve Burton's birthday is 6/28/70. He is 40.

Sean Kanan's birthday is 11/2/1966. AJ's birthday is now listed as 11/18/72.

Billy Miller could logically play both roles since AJ was actually born in 79 and Jason in 81.

logically, yes, but not really. Not when he's got a twentysomething nephew/surrogate son in the form of Michael and a best friend in Carly, etc etc. It's like getting an actual 20 year old to play Lulu now.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Rant mode on:

What utter crap

Yesterday I didn't give a damn what was in the people bag. At all. I thought maybe Ro (can we call Sobby 'Sob' now?) would be okay or drive the plot or something. Nope. All of it sucked so bad I couldn't even post.

Today was more complete shit smeared on the lens. I still feel skanky about the "Welcome to Nik's bed" party Spencer put on, I think there is a real chance Spencer's actor may be the best one on the show, and NOT JOKING, I would rather see Nathan pull out His and Hers KY Intense and sleep with Diane rather than pine after Maxie's worthless self.

This may be local, but we live in the less expensive part of a very trendy cosmo city, and this weekend we went to two parties where people in general, and the richer LGBTs for sure, had great pun and allegory themes. I damn near turned it off when I figured out Sam and Patprick's theme.

Suck it, Ron

• Love 2
ugh, writers. If you're gonna awkwardly shoehorn Beggars' night exposition into every scene, get it right. Beggars'/Mischief night is for pranks, not candy.

But how else can they have both wacky kiddie candy hijinx and the SERIAL KILLER Halloween Wedding From Hell?  ::eyeroll::

• Love 2

Did Patrick/Emma have a heart-to-heart about how her mother ain't coming home anytime soon, if ever, off-screen? 'Cause they're so well-adjusted and happy. And I see Emma is back to propping another of her father's womenzzz.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

But how else can they have both wacky kiddie candy hijinx and the SERIAL KILLER Halloween Wedding From Hell?  ::eyeroll::

Exactly.  The "Aw Hell No!" Franco wedding-palooza has to be on Halloween, but Ron also didn't want to sacrifice a chance to showcase the kiddies.  Hence, Beggers Night nonsense.

• Love 1

You know, I know it is unpopular but I don't begrudge Patrick and Emma moving on with their lives. The alternate is sad emo faces and I am not here for that. Given what he knows, Patrick should not not move on with his life. The idea that he doesn't know there is something wrong with Robin's absence is insane but I blame the insanity on the writer's, not with the character. 

Robin 's spent more time away than than with Emma in the last couple of years, and kids are naturally resilient. A blessing in real life imo.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

Why the hell do we need kids at all? 2012 we had a Haunted Star bash and they all stayed home, even Sabrina. AJ crashed as the guy from Scream. FonDuke was there.

It was awesome.

I'm pretty sure we still saw the kids that year.  Wasn't that the first time they plucked the Emma/Cameron/Spencer string?  And wasn't that when Sabrina was dressed up like grapes?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Why the hell do we need kids at all? 2012 we had a Haunted Star bash and they all stayed home, even Sabrina. AJ crashed as the guy from Scream. FonDuke was there.

It was awesome.

Because the current Spencer kid hadn't yet been cast in 2012.  God forbid Cartini miss a chance to showcase his annoyingness.

• Love 1

You know, I know it is unpopular but I don't begrudge Patrick and Emma moving on with their lives. The alternate is sad emo face and I am not here for that. Given what he knows, Patrick should not not move on with his life. The idea that he doesn't know there is something wrong with Robin's absence is insane but I blame the insanity on the writer's, not with the character.

I get this POV. I truly do. This is on the writers, I agree. But if they want happy characters, they shouldn't write heavy storylines. They shouldn't have a woman being held hostage repeatedly. Emma looks ridic if this is her reaction to her mother gone forever. Patrick, I couldn't care less about at this point, so whatevs to him.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure we still saw the kids that year.  Wasn't that the first time they plucked the Emma/Cameron/Spencer string?  And wasn't that when Sabrina was dressed up like grapes?

No, Sabrina dressed up like grapes in 2012. I forget what the kids did last year.

Nope. Only Emma/Sabrina. Every child stayed home. Hell, Spencer wasn't in the country.

The good ol days.

• Love 1

No, Sabrina dressed up like grapes in 2012. I forget what the kids did last year.

I remember Joss being dressed like corn (shocker!) in the living room, along with her mother's "sexy" cat costume and Franco being dressed as Andy Warhol.

Last year, they were at the hospital because Robin was there in disguise and had a brief moment with Emma.  Also, Sabrina was wearing a costume that said EW across her chest, which made me laugh.

But grrpants09 is right - Nikolas and Spencer didn't come back until Spring 2013 so the first mention of Emma/Cameron/Spencer must have been last Halloween.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

We, very briefly, saw her being sad about Patrick and Robin's divorce. But I'm not sure she even knows about Robin allegedly fleeing to Paris to find herself.

Unless the conversation happened off-screen, she doesn't. And how do you not have that scene? Or give the young actress some actual material to work with?

I checked, and Robin, Nik, Lesley (I KNOW), and Spencer were in Windemere with Faison/Beetlejuice.

There was a Halloween party at GH, which seems to be a thing. Liz brought the boys (she was Snow White), Patrick (Indiana Jones) brought Emma (the girl from The Incredibles).

Edited by dubbel zout

Nope. Only Emma/Sabrina. Every child stayed home. Hell, Spencer wasn't in the country.

The good ol days.

Yep, the grown ups had a party at the Haunted Star.  Back when I was tricked into thinking that Anna was a lead character on this show.  She even got a costume and a storyline!

Sabrina showed up for her "date" with Patrick as a bunch of grapes. And we're still supposed to believe she had had lots of sex by that time?  I don't recall Emma even being dressed up. 

I'm sure Ron and his boys are patting themselves on their backs for that cleverness.  Lord help us, one day they might inadvertently stumble into a narrative.

So Ron is just taking scripts from the Molly/TJ/Rafe/Taylor non-quad and subbing in Emma/Cameron/Spencer/Joss?  Meaning scripts from a young adult quad are being applied to little kids?  Who do I have to pay to make this stop? 

So, we should soon expect Cameron to lose his virginity to Joss in the back seat of Spencer's limo?  Meanwhile Spencer, across town, loses another tooth. And end with Joss joking: "You BOTH lost something tonight!" 

Edited by Francie

Emma has been SORASed to 8 or 9 & Cam has been deSORASed to that age. At this point I want them all SORASed to teens becUze this shit is ridiculous. Ron want do it because he loves the kid playing Spencer.

The last we saw of Nathan he was hunting for The NinaNina. We see him today with no mention of her.

Ron really is recycling the teen story he couldn't use on the kiddies.

Joss being a foot plus taller than Spencer bothers me. It just points out how small & childlike the actor truly is, yet Ron writes him like a needy immature 40 year old.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

I guess history really does repeat.With Joss and Emma hating each other lol.

I kinda liked the Michael/Jake scenes lol.

Even though I'm no big Bobbie/scotty fan as a couple I really hope it isn't going to break them up when the truth comes out about Bobbie covering for Carly.When did scotty get over his anger at Lulu anyways over Logans death that was kinda weird.

She had some sad moments didn't she? I honestly don't recall, Robin has been in and out of her life so much. She is also what, 5? What kind of reaction would be acceptable for her age? 

Assuming GH has some relation to real emotions, and she hasn't been SORASed in the last year, Emma barely recalls Robin. She has memories of Sobbie as best friend/caregiver/new mommy for 40 times longer than Robin, including last Halloween. Robin, for her, dropped in, stopping Sobby from loving her forever, hugged her a few times, and peaced out because some guy somewhere and because she doesn't love Emma.

Edited by Happyshooter

I guess history really does repeat.With Joss and Emma hating each other lol.

I kinda liked the Michael/Jake scenes lol.

Even though I'm no big Bobbie/scotty fan as a couple I really hope it isn't going to break them up when the truth comes out about Bobbie covering for Carly.When did scotty get over his anger at Lulu anyways over Logans death that was kinda weird.

It's been 6 years, so I should hope he got over it by now, since it was in self-defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Kin had some input on that  - I remember when he first came back, he commented that Logan was one of the first things Scott mentioned in his first scenes back, and Kin said he thought to himself, "really? We're still on that?"

Ron writes [spencer] like a needy immature 40 year old.

IOW, Franco's new best friend.

I remember when he first came back, he commented that Logan was one of the first things Scott mentioned in his first scenes back, and Kin said he thought to himself, "really? We're still on that?"

Wasn't that return when Scott was going to marry Laura? He wanted Lulu's blessing. If that's the wrong time, I always thought Scott forgave Lulu because of Laura, anyway. Lulu was influenced by Luke's hatred of Scott more than she was Laura's friendship/love of him. Scott and Lulu never had much of a relationship, even when Logan and Lulu were together.

Edited by dubbel zout

It just continually blows my mind - considering the shambles both the young adult (Molly/TJ) and twenty-something (Michael/Kiki/Morgan) parts of the canvas are in - that no effort is being put into shoring that up while all this focus is going into romance stories with nine-year-olds.  STOP IT!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

But as long as he isn't standing around like a cigar store Indian dispensing "wisdom" with the flat stare of a lizard, I don't want him dead again. Yet.

This is long the reason why I've said Steve Burton was never that attractive to me--his resemblance to a cigar store indian, with the eyes to go along with it--so seeing this just now made me very happy. :D 

• Love 5

Joss being a foot plus taller than Spencer bothers me. It just points out how small & childlike the actor truly is, yet Ron writes him like a needy immature 40 year old.

And there you go......not right just not right

Wasn't that return when Scott was going to marry Laura? He wanted Lulu's blessing. If that's the wrong time, I always thought Scott forgave Lulu because of Laura, anyway. Lulu was influenced by Luke's hatred of Scott more than she was Laura's friendship/love of him. Scott and Lulu never had much of a relationship, even when Logan and Lulu were together.

It was, but I can see why Kin gave a "really?" reaction. The dialogue about Logan was pretty ham-fisted in.

• Love 1

Do we have a thread for a GH drinking game? 'Cause I'd be drunk off my ass with the number of times Jake has said "Do you know me?" Or someone talking to him about Jason. Or Patty talking about his stupid beard.

• Love 1

IOW, Franco's new best friend.

True I do remeber before Logan was found out to be scotts.Scott thought Lulu was great which kinda annoyed me not that he thought she was great but the fact that he had a daughter that he could be concentrating on lol.I do remeber at the christmas party back in 2000?Serena had no clue whom Luke was lol.

Exactly.  The "Aw Hell No!" Franco wedding-palooza has to be on Halloween, but Ron also didn't want to sacrifice a chance to showcase the kiddies.  Hence, Beggers Night nonsense.

The thing is, Beggars Night didn't have to be so contrived. Lucas and Maxie could have convinced Patrick and Liz to let their children help Joss celebrate because of the wedding. Instead of cramming the Port Charles tradition that none of us had ever heard of down our throats, we would have had some parents that are friends helping each other out. 

And, BTW, seeing Maxie, Lucas, Pat, Sam, Nik and Britt did remind me -- once again --  we seldom have a chance to see the folks in that age group doing things together that folks in reality would do. As contrived as the reason was, I thought it was a kind of nice moment where we had folks of the current generation and the next generation together. 

OTOH, seeing Kin and RoHo sitting on the bed in robes kinda grossed me out. 

But RoHo alone would have grossed me out. Either him or one of the characters that showed up in the scenes with Kin, was particularly offensive today. 

(NOLORH)

• Love 1

It's really strange that the kids playing Emma, Cam, and Joss are all noticeably ageing, yet the kid playing Spencer is not. It's also strange that those three are progressing in acting, especially "Joss", while the Spencer kid keeps getting worse.

Add to that the creepy, a thousand times creepy dialogue these kids are spewing and it's just a bad situation.

That said, I did enjoy Nathan/Diane and Michael/Jake. I guess Nathan gave up on looking for his sis-coz. And it was interesting that Diane suggesting imploring Monica to intervene with Judge Cockblock. I'm still hoping Monica brings him as her date to the wedding from hell, if only so he can order Dante to arrest Sonny & Carly.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

On a more positive note, I thought both KeMo KS looked good today, I missed Maxie and Sam's friendship. 

I can't help it, with all the talks of KeMo being lethargic, I don't see it. Today was a good example. 

I do think KeMo seems lethargic a great deal of the time, but I agree she was cute today. I think when the actors mix it up a bit with different characters, like Sam did today with Patrick/Maxie/Britt/Nik/Lucas - it revitalizes them a bit.

• Love 3

I'm still hoping Monica brings him as her date to the wedding from hell, if only so he can order Dante to arrest Sonny & Carly.

Monica attending the unholy union of two people who, separately, dedicated themselves to making her sons miserable would make me cry.

• Love 4

It's really strange that the kids playing wit Emma, Cam, and Joss are all noticeably ageing, yet the kid playing Spencer is not. It's also strange that those three are progressing in acting, especially "Joss", while the Spencer kid keeps getting worse.

Add to that the creepy, a thousand times creepy dialogue these kids are spewing and it's just a bad situation.

That said, I did enjoy Nathan/Diane and Michael/Jake. I guess Nathan gave up on looking for his sis-coz. And it was interesting that Diane suggesting imploring Monica to intervene with Judge Cookblock. I'm still hoping Monica brings him as her date to the wedding from hell, if only so he can order Dante to arrest Sonny & Carly.

THe actor that plys spencer seems to get a lot of primetime gigs too lol.

If only she and Tracy would get roaring drunk and crash it.

While that could be fun, more likely, Ron would write them as looking pathetic, a la drunken Dorian and Blair crashing the Viki/Charlie/Clint/Nora double wedding on OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Monica attending the unholy union of two people who, separately, dedicated themselves to making her sons miserable would make me cry.

While I agree in principle, Monica needs to have a front row seat when Sonny & Carry are exposed.

• Love 2

While I agree in principle, Monica needs to have a front row seat when Sonny & Carry are exposed.

I'd like, the next time we see Monica after the initial reveal (which I'm okay being more centered on Michael), she just storms across a room at Sonny or Carly and just flat out punches them in the face.

• Love 3

Yes to the kids, no to grapes. That was in 2012. 

ETA: You guys beat me to it! 

Edited by UYI