Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

With all the crap that was on my screen this last week, I still cannot get passed Sonny repeatedly yelling at Jeanette how "someone I love is being blamed for this."  It makes no sense, because the only one Margeux was "blaming" was Sonny himself.  Not Mike, not Jason, not Carly, not Michael, not freakin' Avery, but Sonny. 

Just watch the episode and Sonny was talking about Mike. He said when the body was found at Charlie's, someone he loved was being question about it. 

The whole Sonny/Mike/Margaux/body-under-Charlie's-Pub story has been very messy. My take has been that it's a story a number of writers with different ideas contributed to over months, and maybe there was meddling from a producer (and/or an objection from an actor), and elements of what ended up on screen still bore traces of earlier versions. 

I watched a really good movie over the weekend (an Oscar contender from a couple years ago), and there was this one scene in it that didn't fit. The main character of the film seems defensive without enough cause, and the scene doesn't lead to anything. Since we're now in the age when you can find anything online, I dug up a draft of the script and realized this scene was the only remnant of a subplot that got removed. It would have been better to take it out entirely.  

So that "many cooks' quality can even affect products of generally higher quality than daytime serials.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The whole Sonny/Mike/Margaux/body-under-Charlie's-Pub story has been very messy. My take has been that it's a story a number of writers with different ideas contributed to over months, and maybe there was meddling from a producer (and/or an objection from an actor), and elements of what ended up on screen still bore traces of earlier versions. 

That's the whole explanation why the story veered, in a matter of weeks, from Sonny just having buried the body to Sonny having killed the guy.

• Love 3

And Carly's married to AJ and of course he's drunk and fat and not a stone-cold killer with dimples so Carly's life is miserable.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Points for @HeatLifer! She gets three meals and a cot!

“What if” episodes always try to push forward whatever narrative the writers want to push in present day. Robin was always going to be sacrificed to prove some point because the show can’t write what they know would have most likely really happened: Jason never would have been a mobster if he never met Sonny. Maybe he would have died young because he was reckless, but not as a hitman. Robin still would have lived and her relationship with Jason would have lasted longer, too. Carly would continue to be cray, but she wouldn’t have the power associated with the mob and she would have loved AJ, IDC what anyone says. Sam would have been the criminal she was when she arrived on the scene, again, not associated with the mob. I could go on. Essentially this episode was pure BS. Thank you and good day.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Essentially this episode was pure BS. Thank you and good day.

Well, it did come from Sonny's brain I suppose. Does this prove that Sonny just really likes shooting Dante?

Wouldn't the Qs have contributed to Robin's funds? Tony? Bobbie? Luke, who had the Ice Princess? 

• Love 6

Now there's an hour of my life, I'm not getting back.

So, the message is that it's a good thing that Sonny became a mobster because if he hadn't, Robin would have died, Jason and Sam would have still wound up in the mob life and Sonny would have still shot Dante.  

Yeah, ok.  Bite me, show, bite me.  

• Love 5

I'm going to make a list of "what if" episodes I would have preferred.

1. Jason had never been in a car accident with AJ.

2. Luke had never raped Laura.

3. The bus carrying BJ never crashed.

4. Lorenzo Alcazar never came to Port Charles.

5. Lorenzo Alcazar never died.

6. Alan Quartermaine never died (I sure do miss Stuart Damon).

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So, the message is that it's a good thing that Sonny became a mobster because if he hadn't, Robin would have died, Jason and Sam would have still wound up in the mob life and Sonny would have still shot Dante.  

Don't forget Carly being stuck with drunk, dimple-less AJ. #hate

• Love 4

What I'm gleaning from this Very Special Mess Episode is that Sonny's decision to take the life of crime is considered noble, because it prevents Dante from being immoral. Disregarding all the terrible things Sonny has done in his lifetime (including shooting Dante in any timeline, apparently), his initial choice to pull that trigger has been twisted to fit the narrative that Sonny is a self-sacrificing amazing father. Leave it to GH to give us such a fucked up interpretation of someone CHOOSING to commit murder.

It's pitiful that AU Sam is smart enough to get away from the mob and real Sam isn't. Not gonna lie, though, I laughed that right after she tried to get Jason to walk away from the business, he got his ass shot. That steadfast commitment to the job always turns out so well for him.

Fuckers couldn't resist taking digs at A.J., could they? And AU Robin's death (and Anna's subsequent numbness) made me sad.

If in this timeline Sonny was never with Alexis or Carly, then that means Kristina and Morgan don't exist, so...maybe this alternate timeline has some things going for it after all, y'all.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

On the other hand, Jason wouldn't have become a mobster, so wouldn't have shot Diego and maybe he wouldn't have become the TMK, sparing the lives or Laetitia, Emily, Georgie, and Cooper.  Lily wouldn't have been killed by a car bomb meant for him.  Michael would have grown up as a Q, which based on that family might not be a completely good thing, but hey, probably better than being raised by Sonny, and he most likely wouldn't have spent 1 to 6 years in a coma.  The police department might have remained as competent as they were during the '80s.  Karen wouldn't have been traumatized by his (OK, I'm actually a little fuzzy on what happened there).  Assuming this means he never got together with Carly, Morgan would have never been born and would have been spared his tortuous, short life.  Ava would have never burned half her face off trying to kill him.  AJ would still be alive. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

So without Sonny's mob money, Robin would be dead.

Uhm, here's a thought, didn't Robin meet Stone via Sonny?  So if Sonny hadn't gotten into the mob, Robin wouldn't have met Stone and gotten sick in the first place?  So isn't it Sonny's faul that Robin is HIV+??

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, it did come from Sonny's brain I suppose. Does this prove that Sonny just really likes shooting Dante?

Wouldn't the Qs have contributed to Robin's funds? Tony? Bobbie? Luke, who had the Ice Princess? 

LOL. Yep. To be fair to the writers, this was from Sonny’s POV, so it’s not shocking how things unraveled to justify himself. Then again, GH really had a chance to do something different, make it Sonny’s NIGHTMARE where everyone is happy without him and then have him actually question his choices in reality. That’s asking for too much from a show that sees Sonny as a hero.

OF COURSE Robin would have been provided for, lol. Sonny being the reason she lived is also pure nonsense from the show standpoint because it was JASON who convinced her to go on the protocol, anyway. Sadly, Robin actually would had a happier life—and with a non-hitman Jason—if she never met Sonny. Sssh!

1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Uhm, here's a thought, didn't Robin meet Stone via Sonny?  So if Sonny hadn't gotten into the mob, Robin wouldn't have met Stone and gotten sick in the first place?  So isn't it Sonny's faul that Robin is HIV+??

She met Stone through Jagger and Brenda.

• Love 3
Just now, Perkie said:

That's what I was wondering at first, but decided it wasn't necessarily true.  He didn't travel to PC because of rumor's of Sonny's greatness, so he must have already been here. and he was Jagger's brother, who Robin knew through Karen, so I think there's a possibility they would have met and had a relationship anyway.  And, from what I understood, Stone contracted HIV before getting involved with Sonny.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Eh. :p Yeah but even with Mac would those people not have chipped in?

Absolutely.

They've used that Robin/Stone card with Sonny so many times, it's faded beyond recognition.  Just because he did one nice thing ten gazillion years ago means nothing given all the crap he's piled on to the other side of the scale.  Stop it.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think they basically did that one through a Maxie dream.

I re-watched that one recently. Holy toast that was a terrible, terrible episode. Maybe they should stay away from AUs.

Edited by ulkis
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

What I'm gleaning from this Very Special Mess Episode is that Sonny's decision to take the life of crime is considered noble, because it prevents Dante from being immoral. Disregarding all the terrible things Sonny has done in his lifetime (including shooting Dante in any timeline, apparently), his initial choice to pull that trigger has been twisted to fit the narrative that Sonny is a self-sacrificing amazing father.

Sonny seeing Dante as a nag who makes choices just to spite him instead of simply from his own convictions is pretty on point so kudos to the writers I guess.

Was Dante their only child? Because they would have had at least 5 more lol if Sonny and Olivia got married.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was that the one with Carly married to Patrick for no real reason?

Was it that one, or the one where Monica (?) is dreaming that Jason was never brain damaged?  They do more of these than I thought. 

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sonny seeing Dante as a nag who makes choices just to spite him instead of simply from his own convictions is pretty on point so kudos to the writers I guess.

Was Dante their only child? Because they would have had at least 5 more lol if Sonny and Olivia got married.

They had 2/3 daughters as well? Pic of Lisa's daughter and Mo's daughters were shown.

• Love 1
Just now, Katy M said:

Was it that one, or the one where Monica (?) is dreaming that Jason was never brain damaged?  They do more of these than I thought. 

No. Jason was having brain surgery and his brain was coming up with different scenarios.

17 minutes ago, Hater said:

They had 2/3 daughters as well? Pic of Lisa's daughter and Mo's daughters were shown.

Guess I have to give them three meals and a cot for that as well. Bonus cot if they write a "what if Franco is murdered episode?" (We of course know what would happen if Dr. Easton was murdered. HE WOULD JUST COME BACK.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Hahaha, right? I do think it’s important to remember that this was all in Sonny’s head. Elsewhere, I’m seeing a lot of people talk about this as if it’s another “universe” or that this is some reality that actually would have happened. It’s just Sonny’s dream, y’all. This doesn’t mean anything outside of that, lol.

• Love 3

Two things I took away from this episode. 

1. I miss Dominic

2. Sam/Dante look nice together. Fantasy!Sam is more aware than reality!Sam in Sonny's stupid whatever that dream was.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Two things I took away from this episode. 

1. I miss Dominic

2. Sam/Dante look nice together. Fantasy!Sam is more aware than reality!Sam in Sonny's stupid whatever that dream was.

Pitiful, isn't it?  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam/Dante look nice together. Fantasy!Sam is more aware than reality!Sam in Sonny's stupid whatever that dream was.

Well, that, and Sonny knows that Sam will always go to Jason because she’s really only known for that to the characters.

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, that, and Sonny knows that Sam will always go to Jason because she’s really only known for that to the characters.

Now now. Sonny was just sparing Sam so she wouldn't become a widow when Sonny did his at-least-once-in-each-alternate universe Dante shooting.

1 minute ago, Hater said:

Is this setting them up to leave the mob? Because I didn't get the point of any of these scenes to be honest.

Seems to be just a gimmick. 

Shouldn't Sonny want to retire now by though? Dude looks exhausted!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Is this setting them up to leave the mob? Because I didn't get the point of any of these scenes to be honest.

There was no point to it. Sam is practically back in while she runs around wearing disguises to sink a woman's life for daring to go after Sonny for a murder he committed. Jason will never leave. And Carly screeched for five minutes about the violence of the mob, but is just fine threatening people using Sonny's name. 

The whole thing was a self-indulgent thing to give Mo something that could resemble an Emmy reel. But Mo isn't that good an actor no matter what anyone around him says.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

There was no point to it. Sam is practically back in while she runs around wearing disguises to sink a woman's life for daring to go after Sonny for a murder he committed. Jason will never leave. And Carly screeched for five minutes about the violence of the mob, but is just fine threatening people using Sonny's name. 

The whole thing was a self-indulgent thing to give Mo something that could resemble an Emmy reel. But Mo isn't that good an actor no matter what anyone around him says.

Makes sense.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Now there's an hour of my life, I'm not getting back.

I spent the hour in physical work so I got the double bonus of exercise and not being infuriated.  Thank you to everyone who took the hit.

I'm curious, who played AJ?

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

They've used that Robin/Stone card with Sonny so many times, it's faded beyond recognition. 

It's sad that in all those years, he's never really done anything else they can use.

17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The bar for daytime Emmys is much lower.  But even if not, it feeds his ego.

• Love 1