Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It was rough watching Laura get dumped by Ryan. It sucks that she's finally in a healthy relationship and we're not even getting to see it, first due to France, and now due to Ryan. My fear is that once the Ryan story ends and Kevin is restored by Laura's side, they'll be sidelined and still not receive proper attention as a couple.

I'm totally on board with the Sasha ruse and wouldn't mind it playing out for a while, but I am curious about Curtis' role in this. I'm guessing he was recruited by Valentin to give legitimacy to the con, to make Nina trust the phony information since it came from a friend, which is a shitty position to put Curtis in. I'd like to see him pulled back into this thread moving forward.

Kiki grosses me out so much, simpering about snagging a "good guy" in between dropping barbs about Ava. I also didn't care for her teasing Nina with that "we called it the 'walk of shame' back in college" remark. Girl, please. That was you six months ago at the Nurses' Ball, shut up.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

It was rough watching Laura get dumped by Ryan. It sucks that she's finally in a healthy relationship and we're not even getting to see it, first due to France, and now due to Ryan.

I was kind of torn on this. It was pure plot-point writing that kept Laura in France, but on the other hand, she was gone for ages. Talking on the phone every night isn't the same as being with someone. I don't think I'd have blamed Kevin had he wanted out. And I think Ryan did it as well as he could, even it was pretty coldly. At least he didn't hit her with the cargo hook afterward. The way he kept looking at it was creepy.

21 minutes ago, Linny said:

I also didn't care for her teasing Nina with that "we called it the 'walk of shame' back in college" remark. Girl, please. That was you six months ago at the Nurses' Ball, shut up.

Is it really a "walk of shame" if it's your ex-husband? Shut up, Lauren.

• Love 8

I liked today! A lot happened, the episode flowed well. If only they moved things along like this all the time.

When Ava came in and found MP's body that was only half way through the episode. MW was great in those scenes. Ava is as terrible as Carly, on paper probably worse, but I continue to want to see her and root for her over others because Maura is so good. They also give Ava some knocks and humility. Carly storms around town like a raging bitch without an off switch. Carly is forever that playground bully on a power trip. The one that pushes you down or yanks you off the monkey bars just because. And when you're sitting there with a bloody lip and demand why she did that, she snickers and says, "Did what? You slipped. I barely touched you." Then runs away cackling. 

We also just got done with one Carly didn't do it trial followed by Jason to the rescue and we're already gearing up for another. That's not great. But at least this one involves Ryan and not nobody cares nutty Nelle. The way Ryan set her up during the questioning was fantastic. I didn't think the writers had it in them. The blonde hairs I'm sure are going to belong to Carly. Did I miss how Ryan got his hands on those? Not that it'd be all that hard. I mean, Carly's hair is everywhere. It literally fills up the entire frame. I'm a fine haired gal forever jealous of LW's super mane.

I like Sasha more every time she's on and today sealed it. The show needs a character like her to stir the poo and look gorgeous doing it. I'm so here for her giving Valentin his daily dose of indigestion. I guess that makes Willow the likely bio daughter. Meh. I think I'd have preferred Nina having a son to add to the mix. 

• Love 11

Well, punch me in the face and call me stupid, I did NOT see that Valentin/Sasha thing coming at all, and I totally should have.  I figured she wasn't Nina's daughter and playing her to get the money, but to have it turn out that Valenitn is behind it.  I truly didn't think Valentin was that stupid.  This plan is going to blow up spectacularly when Nina finds out the truth.

Loved Maura and Michelle in the finding the body scene.  Both of them reacted beautifully.  Although I call shenanigans on how clean that body was.  You slice off someone's head, there is going to be a poop load of blood all over.  On the body, on the clothes, on the chair she's sitting in, on the floor where she would have passed over to get to the chair.  

Agree with everyone about how terrible Ryan's break up was, but at least Laura's getting out of it alive.  He could have killed her at any time.  

• Love 6

I loathe Ava, and am meh on Nina, but for some weird reason, I love those 2 together. They counteract each other in some mysterious way. Would rather watch a million scenes between the 2 than between Ava and Carson.

I honestly felt bad for Laura, even if I still think her and Kevin were a complete bore. Laura needs a bad guy. Too bad Valentin killed her son, cuz that's the direction they should be going for.

Good show, in general. Things happened. Sick of Carly, though. So so so so so sick of Carly.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

(I wish someone would tell her to stop saying "Zherome."

I don't know why Ava has to be first named/last named.  It's not as if people are saying "Ava who?".  How many Avas has Sasha met since arriving in Port Charles?  Heather Webber is another character that must be first and last named, as if there were a chance to mistake her for another Heather. 

• Love 2

Friday thoughts:

- For fuck's sake, if that blonde hair in MP's hand is Ava's I'm gonna lose it.  The woman didn't even know MP, so that's contriving way too hard to have Ryan trying to pin this on her.  Carly, yes, but not Ava.

- Speaking of, god the amount of smug coming off her was like cartoon stink waves off a skunk.  And, oh, poor Sonny playing the martyr again: "You lose pin this on me.  I'm not being held responsible again for something I didn't do."  AS IF THAT EVER HAPPENS.

- I generally like Nina, but her getting indignant with Ava (Jzzzerome) was annoying as hell. 

- I LOL'd at Ryan looking longingly at the fisherman's hook when Laura asked if there was "someone else."  A serial killer's OTP is always his weapon du jour.

- So Lulu writing a frigging series of articles on Ryan is just hand-waved away, but Scotty participating in a documentary is making Felicia's like too stressful?  Mac, stick with bartending and styling that fabulous head of hair (seriously, that is a mane he should be proud of).

- Sasha being an imposter hired by Valentin is the kind of soapiness I am here for. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sasha being an imposter hired by Valentin is the kind of soapiness I am here for. 

On paper, I agree. If I cared about any of these characters at all, I would eat this up. But it's Valentin and Nina, so, eh.

• Love 5

Ryan had the forethought to grab some of Carly's? hair?  He must have been watching a lot of CSI episodes on DNA since he got out, because just last week he was talking about "paging" with Felicia.  He also can break into a gallery to leave a body, defeating a security system.  Someone upthread mentioned the lack of mess on the floor.   He would have to dispose of his bloody clothing, too, from hauling the body around.  And the severing of the head couldn't be done with just a hook.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed a lot of this week as well.  If they would get rid of Jason, SONNY (UGH) and Carly, they would be cooking with gas.  At this point I would take just axing Sonny.  Honestly, are they serious with this at this point??  He is a ridiculous character and a terribly acted one.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I really enjoyed a lot of this week as well.  If they would get rid of Jason, SONNY (UGH) and Carly, they would be cooking with gas.  At this point I would take just axing Sonny.  Honestly, are they serious with this at this point??  He is a ridiculous character and a terribly acted one.

Ron attempted to take him down a few notches and got fired.  Funny thing is, the show is failing and gasping for air worse than it was back in 2015.  Yet here we are with Corinthi  + Jasus/lapdog Sam stinking up the screen and ZERO movement by TPTB.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Ron attempted to take him down a few notches and got fired.  Funny thing is, the show is failing and gasping for air worse than it was back in 2015.  Yet here we are with Corinthi  + Jasus/lapdog Sam stinking up the screen and ZERO movement by TPTB.

If it's true about MB getting the Michael hates sonny story dropped that's just crazy.It's ask weird on gh how a few characters don't want there characters to do bad things isn't that the point of soaps.characters are flawed and make mistakes ect.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2018 at 2:27 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

For fuck's sake, if that blonde hair in MP's hand is Ava's I'm gonna lose it.

and

21 hours ago, ciarra said:

Ryan had the forethought to grab some of Carly's? hair?

When Carly and Laura were at Ferncliff, they were both wearing visitor's badge on a chain around their neck.  When they were leaving, they removed the chain and Carly got hers caught in her hair.  they made a big production out of it at the time, and later Carly said something to Laura about getting her hair caught on the chain.  So Ryan would have just taken the chain and had Carly's hair from that.  

Here's the part I don't understand.  Ryan kills Mary Pat and plans on putting the blame on Carly, since she clearly had a motive to want MP dead.  But why put the body at the gallery?  He saw Carly and Ava get into it, so does he think that Carly would put the body at Ava's gallery so that Ava gets blamed?  Who would believe that Ava would kill someone and then leave their body in her gallery?  Who would believe that Carly wouldn't think that exact thing too?  Making it look like Carly is the killer make sense.  Putting the body at the gallery confuses me.  

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So Ryan would have just taken the chain and had Carly's hair from that.  

Okay, I'll give you "opportunity", but he knew ahead of time he'd be killing Mary Pat?  "Hey, I can use this hair for later!"? 

9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

When Carly and Laura were at Ferncliff, they were both wearing visitor's badge on a chain around their neck.  When they were leaving, they removed the chain and Carly got hers caught in her hair.  they made a big production out of it at the time, and later Carly said something to Laura about getting her hair caught on the chain.  So Ryan would have just taken the chain and had Carly's hair from that.  

Here's the part I don't understand.  Ryan kills Mary Pat and plans on putting the blame on Carly, since she clearly had a motive to want MP dead.  But why put the body at the gallery?  He saw Carly and Ava get into it, so does he think that Carly would put the body at Ava's gallery so that Ava gets blamed?  Who would believe that Ava would kill someone and then leave their body in her gallery?  Who would believe that Carly wouldn't think that exact thing too?  Making it look like Carly is the killer make sense.  Putting the body at the gallery confuses me.  

I forgot about the passes getting caught in their hair! The focus on it was so odd I thought the dang things really did get stuck on their hair/earrings and they just left it in because of the one and done take policy lol But yes, that makes a lot of sense. Good catch. 

As for why he put the body in Ava's gallery I'm guessing its because he wants Carly to look like she's terrorizing Ava and ergo Ava, who he likes, becomes the sympathetic one of the two in public view and Carly is the perceived villain. He'll say he saw Carly antagonizing Ava, she even grabbed her arm at The Floating Rib. Which I also thought at the time was too much even for Carly, now I see it was probably to lay groundwork for later. Are the writers actually putting in a little effort? I don't know what to make of this. It's been so long.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

and

Aaaahhh...that explains that scene that made no sense to me at the time!!

• Love 1

That Michelle Stafford has real scene-padding mojo. "I lived in that apartment. I lived there." You know, in case the first version with "apartment" wasn't clear enough. Then "Lot of memories there. Lot of memories. The radiator. Does it still hiss? That sound?" In case Sasha thought "hiss" was an olfactory sensation. "That's wild. Some things never change. It's crazy."

She's like the anti-Mo. She doesn't stammer, exactly. She's always saying words. I just doubt they're all on the page. And if they are on the page, we get them at least twice.   

Nina's physical reaction to the headless body was good. But then I giggled at "Is that a dead body?" and Ava's "It appears to be!" I wasn't watching when Nina came out of the coma, but sometimes I think she's supposed to be legitimately "impaired," and then they don't play it that way when she's the dynamic, creative editor of the magazine. But that's General Hospital these days. I can't tell who's supposed to be brain damaged. I just wrote the same thing about Oscar.   

Carly all by herself will be reason for me to be partly glad when cancellation comes. Sonny and Sam will just sweeten the pot. Awful characters who will go away forever! There won't even be other ABC soaps into which to import them. Others can feel free to add Jason, but of Drab Four Reconstituted, he's the one who bothers me least. At least he has a Q connection that hasn't completely withered and died. Carly's connection to the Spencers and Sam's to Alexis get them no points from me, and I've never bought the latter half-assed retcon at all.

Edited: A lot of people have commented on Sofia Mattsson's resemblance to Kelly Thiebaud, but she also reminds me a little of Kristian Alfonso (DOOL's Hope). 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

but he knew ahead of time he'd be killing Mary Pat? 

Not MP specifically, but I'm sure he's known since getting out of Ferncliff that he was going to target someone.  He just lucked out in finding someone that was a threat to him, who had pissed off someone else that he could put the blame on.  

The Valentine/Sasha con completely contradicts their initial meeting, where Valentine convinced her to stay in Port Charles.  The only case you can make is that they wanted Maxie to overhear their conversation, but it didn't appear that they knew she was there.  Do they think we are that stupid?  Frustrating as hell!

• Love 3

When the show's protagonist is a gangster, then it comes with the territory that law enforcement is the enemy, but Sonny's performance today was really beyond the pale. It's one thing to watch Sonny make threats against Margaux while in the company of Jason/Carly/Sam; it's still gross, but it makes sense that he'd behave that way in his inner circle. But having the temerity to threaten Margaux to her face? Absolutely disgusting. Laughing in her face that she was making "assumptions" about his very clear threats, claiming that he came with an overture of peace, it was a totally unjustifiable amount of manipulation. It's also very poor optics to have Sonny's target be a petite young woman, something of which I'm sure the show is cognizant, but not enough to change things. They've painted themselves into a corner with Sonny and seem perfectly content there, in a space where a man delights in issuing death threats and revels in shredding a woman's family to pieces.

• Love 14

Oh, poor Carly, so deeply affected by violence committed by someone other than her husband and BFF. She was so brave to hold it together while being questioned by Jordan. FFS, Show: "Jordan's questions were tough, but I know why she was asking them." (lightly paraphrased)

• Love 9

I did not mind Sonny/Margaux. At all. Margaux is a DA with her big girl pants on and knows what she's doing by getting in the face of a gangster because she isn't frightened of him, and that's a good thing. They are both grown ups. And they are so gonna fuck.

Carly and Jaysus just need to run off together. They're each others true loves.

Can we keep Ryan forever? 

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

I'm not looking forward to what I assume is coming - Laura and Carly commiserating and yucking it up about what a bitchy slutty evil skank Ava is.  Ugh in advance.

But who cares about any of that...Britt tomorrow!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

To my surprise, I found that I enjoyed today's show. It helped that LW wasn't being smug all over the place until she started talking about her mission to save the patient next door. Sonny is always scum but at least he's threats against Margaux were toned down today.

Jon Lindstrom is really killing it as Ryan and the subtle appreciation of/flirtation with  Ava. I could ship them if the whole "I know my husband and BFF kill people but the guy who did this is a monster" didn't signal he was going to be killed off.

For once Jordan and Curtis were interesting although she really let slide finding out that Curtis had been in Ferncliffe with Sam.

I could even tolerate Spencer, at least till Laura let a 13 year old go back for coffee. I'm mildly curious as to whether he's tampering with the voting machine and fixing the results.

• Love 1

I wish Ryan would "accidentally" kill Spencer, but we know that won't happen. Le sigh. 

"Would if our killer was someone who knew her, with a flair for the dramatic?" Well, that instantly rules out Carly, even Jordan should know that. Carly is dramatic, but there is no flair. 

Uh, Carly, the nurse at Ferncliffe obeying HIPPA laws isn't "giving [you] the round-around." COME ON, SHOW. At least have her whine factually. We all know she'll get around the rules somehow anyway.

"Your mother's a widow because she wanted to be." Still doesn't change the fact that you murdered him, Sonny!!!!!

OMG, I'm getting rage-blackout symptoms. Everything is so stupid.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I could even tolerate Spencer, at least till Laura let a 13 year old go back for coffee.

Ha! I side-eyed Laura for that, too. If anyone doesn't need stimulants, it's Spencer. I'm sure Laura will appreciate finding out that her turd of a grandson rigged the election. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

grandson rigged the election. 

HOw does one rig an election of a write in campaign?  Totally didn't understand that.  

20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Still doesn't change the fact that you murdered him, Sonny!!!!!

This.  Everyday and twice on Sundays.  Why change it from "I just buried the body" to "I killed him" six months later if he's not going to be held responsible.  If it will come down to being all Jeanette's fault because she ordered the hit.  

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Perkie said:

HOw does one rig an election of a write in campaign?  Totally didn't understand that. 

Something to do with the thumb drive he stuck in the counter. Apparently Spencer is now a hacker on par with Spinelli.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This.  Everyday and twice on Sundays.  Why change it from "I just buried the body" to "I killed him" six months later if he's not going to be held responsible.  If it will come down to being all Jeanette's fault because she ordered the hit.  

My guess is that they want to show what a tough guy Sonny is, he just went right out and killed the man. But because he can never be held accountable for anything, it will be all Jeanette's fault.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Something to do with the thumb drive he stuck in the counter. Apparently Spencer is now a hacker on par with Spinelli.

On the plus side, maybe we can get rid of Spinelli now.

• Love 4

I realize no one knows all of the facts and no one has reason to think that Kevin's murderous twin brother is alive and impersonating him, but aside from Laura why is no one wondering about his abrupt change in personality and behavior? 

• Love 7

Is part of Ryan's MO framing other people for his crimes?  I was watching back in the day, but I honestly don't remember.  Serial killers, even psychotic ones, don't change their MO.  I'm a little worried that Scotty is going to be one of Ryan's victims.  He keeps questioning "Kevin's" session with Ava, and I'm worried he's going to figure out that Kevin is actually Ryan and be killed for that.  And Scotty has gotten goofier over the years, but I still like him.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy was and she's conveniently disappeared.

Yeah, I haven't seen Lucy as a part of this story since Laura told her off for bringing "Kevin" soup. Mac and Felicia are barely in it. Their roles have been taken over by Ava and Carly and soon-to-be Jason, I'm sure.

• Love 3

They aren't killing Scotty off. No one would believe Scott about Ryan because they know he doesn't like Kevin.

Are all of Ava's lines about Ryan being her BFF just simple GH ham fisted dramatic irony or is Aa gonna fucking kill herself when she realizes she kept blathering about how a serial killer was amazing? 

Margaux in a giant red oversized blazer is not helping me take her seriously. 

Jason's apartment being a Crate and Barrel showcase is weird.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ryan's attention being diverted from Felicia, given he was obsessed with her for DECADES, makes no sense.  Why, because she's a grandma?  It's not like Ava is a spring chicken.

It would have made more sense if Ryan's attention only grew to include Maxie as well (and Baby James), though that might have been too much like Stavros transferring his Laura obsession to Lulu.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Margaux in a giant red oversized blazer is not helping me take her seriously. 

They really miss the mark with her wardrobe and the ill fitting suits.  She's a small woman, no need to make her clothing extra baggy.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Are all of Ava's lines about Ryan being her BFF just simple GH ham fisted dramatic irony or is Aa gonna fucking kill herself when she realizes she kept blathering about how a serial killer was amazing?

She was/is Franco's art dealer, so what's another serial killer added to her collection?

I think it's to hammer home how Ryan is fooling everyone, and of course Ava always has to bear the brunt of contempt when the truth comes out.

33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason's apartment being a Crate and Barrel showcase is weird.

I found it aggressively ugly. Jason wouldn't care, since creature comforts are for squares, but you'd think the show would want to give its hero/saint in a better-looking place to live. I'm surprised Carly didn't volunteer to redecorate it for him. I guess that shows how shaken up she is by Mary Pat's beheading!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm surprised Carly didn't volunteer to redecorate it for him.

Carly did decorate it for him. She surprised him with it just after he got back so that he could have Danny and Jake over for sleepovers. (Jason looked slightly horrified at the thought.)  You must have been busy at the time because I know you wouldn't have wanted to miss that.

Speaking of wardrobe and set, I liked Lulu's outfit today. For the first time ever, I think. The black camisole kept the top from overwhelming her and the black pants kept it simple.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm surprised Carly didn't volunteer to redecorate it for him.

Carly did decorate it for him. She surprised him with it just after he got back so that he could have Danny and Jake over for sleepovers. (Jason looked slightly horrified at the thought.)  You must have been busy at the time because I know you wouldn't have wanted to miss that.

LOL. Now that you mention it, I have a vague memory of this. I appreciate the attempt to excuse my original ignorance!

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Something to do with the thumb drive he stuck in the counter.

I don't understand American politics and I had never heard of a write in campaign before, but I assumed it meant that people write the name of the person that they want to win on the ballot (which, here in Canada would make the ballot null and void).  So I still don't understand what Spencer could have done with the flashdrive.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

what a tough guy Sonny is, he just went right out and killed the man.

But that's not the story that they've been trying to tell since they changed the original story.  Once it was changed to, "he killed Marino", it became about how poor put upon 18 year old kid Sonny, was forced by Scully to do this job.  He didn't want to, but it was the only way he could get further into Scully's organization.  So is he a misunderstood teen or is he a tough guy?  

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Margaux in a giant red oversized blazer i

Yes, 1986 called and want it back.  

• Love 3