Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Are Liz and Kiki the only women between the ages of 18 and 50 who haven't had a baby storyline within the last couple of years? 

Starr came into Port Charles, was in a car accident, and lost her child. Giving Kiki a kid might make her too much like Starr right now. (And provides at least one reason why the PP lawsuit is a good thing.)

• Love 1

I'm positive that the INSTANT he can, Ron will give Lauren some sort of baby story. He probably already has it written.

It must kill him that he can't write a mother-daughter pregnancy story.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Oh that's right Ron likes doing that with her, having her delusions seem like real scenes. Unless her sleeping with Silas is to cover up something else she put into motion. The glove of mystery is now in play!

She's pregnant with a baby glove?  I now have all these scenes of crazy Nina taking care of a little glove in a baby bonnet in my head. 

• Love 3
She's pregnant with a baby glove?  I now have all these scenes of crazy Nina taking care of a little glove in a baby bonnet in my head.

*Snorts* And now so do I! That would be quite the sight, the Nina cooing at a well wrapped baby glove, she could even do one of those online computer mash ups for pictures, taking one of her and one of Silas, to get a "what your baby might look like" print out to tape on it.

If the father to be was Sonny she could probably get away with it, he never pays attention to his kids until they're big enough to be moving targets anyway/and or witnesses able to lie for him on the stand.

If the father to be was Sonny she could probably get away with it, he never pays attention to his kids until they're big enough to be moving targets anyway/and or witnesses able to lie for him on the stand.

Especially if she told him it was a girl and didn't try to prevent him from spending time with the glove.  That glove could be old enough to graduate college, and he would still have no idea. 

• Love 2

I'm positive that the INSTANT he can, Ron will give Lauren some sort of baby story. He probably already has it written.

It must kill him that he can't write a mother-daughter pregnancy story.

I'm assuming Ava's baby is Morgan's and, once Ava meets her demise, Kiki will become its mother.  Because while he should have learned a lesson from how limited Starr was being saddled with a kid, I'm certain Ron didn't.

I apologize, I appear to have ffed something possibly important.  The glove?  Come again?

I've nicknamed the glove the Nina snapped onto her hand last week, when she was giving Rosie that speech about "NEEDING TO HAVE A BABY BECAUSE AVA HAS TWO AND SAM HAS ONE AND I HAVE NOTHINGGGGG!". Since it made no sense why she put on a glove during that, and just one, I call it the glove of mystery.

Especially if she told him it was a girl and didn't try to prevent him from spending time with the glove.  That glove could be old enough to graduate college, and he would still have no idea.

Extra bonus points if she were to name it "Connie" so he could go on and on about his daughter Connie, named after his great love Connie, while the Nina goes around pushing a pram with a glove bundled up inside.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I'm assuming Ava's baby is Morgan's and, once Ava meets her demise, Kiki will become its mother.  Because while he should have learned a lesson from how limited Starr was being saddled with a kid, I'm certain Ron didn't.

ugh. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Take that back!! Oh lord. And now I just had a vision of Morgan fighting Michael and Kiki for custody. blerg.

I apologize, I appear to have ffed something possibly important.  The glove?  Come again?

Rancide, Nina put on one blue rubber glove on one hand and not on the other hand the other day. 

Edited by ulkis

ugh. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Take that back!! Oh lord. And now I just had a vision of Morgan fighting Michael and Kiki for custody. blerg.

Oh blerg indeed!  Given all the rumors that Ron originally wanted to do a Carly/Jason/AJ baby fight redux with Kiki/Michael/Morgan, I could sadly, TOTALLY see that happening.

Extra bonus points if she were to name it "Connie" so he could go on and on about his daughter Connie, named after his great love Connie, while the Nina goes around pushing a pram with a glove bundled up inside.

Naming the baby Connie would be deliciously evil of Ava!

If Morgan's the father, his rights would trump Lauren's. Well, in any sane reality.

But Gigi's the aunt and a paragon of light and virture while "daddy" Schuyler's a lying ex-junkie who was mean to Rex!

...oops, sorry, bad Ron flashbacks.  He is just awful at custody storylines.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Well then that black judge might just come in handy because I can't see him giving any of them custody.

Morgan: Did I mention he thought they were cousins and that still didn't stop them from kissing and getting together behind my back while I was still with her?

Michael: Well who married Kiki knowing she wasn't my cousin and that I could be with her and you only kept pretending because you knew she loved me more!

Morgan: Dude! I'm your brother, what happened to bros before hos?!

Kiki: I am not nor have I ever been a 'ho' your honor. What's the big deal anyway, he got with my mom afterwards, doesn't that count for something?

Judge: Custody is denied to all parties forever as long as there is light on this earth. Who wants this kid?

The Nina: *Flies in from the rafters arms flailing* Mineeee! Gimmie it!

• Love 13

Judge: Custody is denied to all parties forever as long as there is light on this earth. Who wants this kid?

Lucas: Well, my boyfriend Brad and I are a gay couple on a soap opera and we've been together for a few minutes so, yeah, we'll take it.

• Love 4
If Morgan's the father, his rights would trump Lauren's. Well, in any sane reality.

But Gigi's the aunt and a paragon of light and virture while "daddy" Schuyler's a lying ex-junkie who was mean to Rex!

...oops, sorry, bad Ron flashbacks.  He is just awful at custody storylines.

It's not even the rage I would feel at the smug care bears fighting for custody, it's the dread I feel at watching three early twentysomethings fighting for custody. ack.

• Love 1

Lucas: Well, my boyfriend Brad and I are a gay couple on a soap opera and we've been together for a few minutes so, yeah, we'll take it.

Ha, at least he is the baby's cousin & uncle.

ETA: Forgot to add uncle for Morgan's side.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Well then that black judge might just come in handy because I can't see him giving any of them custody.

Morgan: Did I mention he thought they were cousins and that still didn't stop them from kissing and getting together behind my back while I was still with her?

Michael: Well who married Kiki knowing she wasn't my cousin and that I could be with her and you only kept pretending because you knew she loved me more!

Kiki: I am not nor have I ever been a 'ho' your honor. What's the big deal anyway, he got with my mom afterwards, doesn't that count for something?

Your post is a thing of beauty. 

And I can SO see The Nina perched on those rafters munching on a bag of Funions waiting to swoop on down.

• Love 2
And I can SO see The Nina perched on those rafters munching on a bag of Funions waiting to swoop on down.

Well if being in PC has taught us anything, it's Cheetos for when you're pregnant and Funions when you're out baby poaching. Fritos are when you just need a salty pick me up whenever.

• Love 1

Ha, at least he is the baby's cousin.

I didn't even think of that, if it's Morgan's, Lucas is related to this baby two different ways!

Now I know he and Kiki are friiieeeeeeeeeends, but have Lucas and Ava ever met?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
I didn't even think of that, if it's Morgan, Lucas is related to this baby two different ways!

He'd be both its' great uncle and its' first cousin. And that is just sad, in so many ways.

Starr came into Port Charles, was in a car accident, and lost her child. Giving Kiki a kid might make her too much like Starr right now. (And provides at least one reason why the PP lawsuit is a good thing.)

Um, supposedly we were in for a WTD story with Lauren, but TeCa got pregnant in real life, so they had to scrap it months ago.  Which, in hindsight, makes no sense, since Sobby was pregnant for, like, three minutes onscreen before tocking the baby.

Now that Lucas and Brad are back in bed with each other, both figuratively and literally, how long before the next obstacle that gets in their way?  My prediction:  Lucas's Seattle stud comes to PC with the intention of wrestling Lucas away from Brad, but surprisingly, he meets Felix and develops a very REAL interest in him (Felix's Mr. Right, perhaps?).  No doubt the green-eyed monster would emerge in Lucas.  In the meantime, however, it would be nice to see Lucas and Brad do more than shake the bed.

Edited by Syndicate

In the meantime, however, it would be nice to see Lucas and Brad do more than shake the bed.

I dunno, I'll settle for bed-shaking.  They were fun, and it's been a long time since this show has had fun.  I enjoyed Sam and Patrick having fun so much yesterday.  I think I'd like those two to be Friends with Benefits more than I want them to be an actual couple.  Both of them have just gotten out of both a marriage and a poorly received rebound relationship.  They've both spend the better part of the last several years crying.  They're both single parents, and neither of them needs another great love affair right now.  I'd love for them to look at each other and say "you know what, I'm hot, you're hot, we're friends, we're emotionally exhausted single parents who are tired of the drama, so let's have some harmless adult fun."  And then to spend a lot of time together in the hot but.

I'm shallow.  I need less angst, more sparkly pretty people being sparkly and pretty together.

• Love 4

Are Liz and Kiki the only women between the ages of 18 and 50 who haven't had a baby storyline within the last couple of years? 

You're really going to put the idea of Liz getting pregnant or having another WTD storyline out in the universe? Come on, that's just mean ;) .

I'd hope Becky would put her foot down for once about this. She's not one to rock the boat, but if there ever was a time to do it, Liz having yet another baby drama would be it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

I'd hope Becky would put her foot down for once about this. She's not one to rock the boat, but if there ever was a time, Liz having yet another baby drama would be it.

Agreed. I think the only time she was ever pregnant without it being a WTD storyline was when she was married to Ric, right? And that time she miscarried. 

I was glad to see Julian in the previews for tomorrow, though it isn't as if they're doing much with him for the moment. And they won't even let him stand about idle and shirtless, so his scenes really are complete wastes of time. Since Dante went to his "mob daddy" for help finding Lulu and Maxie why can't Lucas do the same? It's be a good way for Julian to earn some brownie points, oh and give him something to fucking do of course. I almost miss his park house.

• Love 1

Brad just annoys the crap out of me and especially he and Britt together. ugh! They were like a couple of cackling hens about Lucas and the potiential with Nik. They are just gross like they are winning some unspoken contest or something. I think Lucas and Nik are prizes to them not love interests.

I normally like Lucas but with Brad he comes across as simpleminded. Why did Brad have to recap their whole 48 hrs like Lucas didn't have a clue what happened? Wouldn't put it past Brad to have roofied him.

Nathan is very sexy and I do feel he and Maxie have lots of chemistry they just haven't been in the right scene yet. The handcuff falling on top of eachother and the fireworks longing looks were both cute. There is a reason  TPTB have this couple doing publicity together. In general I think Nathan and Maxie are popular among viewers and that is due to chemistry. Though pardon MY bias b/c well he IS my det. Special Kitty. MEOW!

• Love 4

I would watch this trial with popcorn and candy.

Can we also have Unmedicated Sonny, Jazz Hands and all testify?

"Son I was trying to help!"

Morgan: No you werent, Dad.

Sonny: I meant, Micheal.

• Love 2

Agreed. I think the only time she was ever pregnant without it being a WTD storyline was when she was married to Ric, right? And that time she miscarried. 

She knew Zander was Cameron's father. 

"Son I was trying to help!"

Morgan: No you werent, Dad.

Sonny: I meant, Micheal.

Which would be perfect, heh.

Sonny: I only slept with Ava because there was no one else!

Judge: In the crypt, Mr. Corinthos? You had sex with a woman inside of a personal family crypt because there was no one else around...?

Sonny: Haven't you ever been at the funeral of your son's biological father's that you murdered and gotten a little horny?

Judge: ...come again?

Sonny: You know...those things are flat like a bed and...

Judge: Bailiff.

And just to note about today's episode, why do they give Britt such ratty clothes to wear when she's not in her doctor's coat?

I mean she should be one of the richest women in town, and it's all her own money, earned from her real job, and yet she has to slum it not only by bunking with a buddy instead of having her own place but also with her wardrobe. It's just ridiculous.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

You know, Neens, you might want to be sure you're pregnant before you stab your sperm donor to death. Just a thought.

And it looks as if Nina's paralysis is pretty much over, despite her saying she needed to do more PT.

How Nina's creepy baby talk didn't send Silas screaming from the bed is beyond me. And that music they were playing, like this was some romantic interlude instead of something obsessive and gross. Hello, aural dissonance.

Levi looks so much better with short hair. The bangs don't really work, but he doesn't look automatically smug anymore. 

Rocco falling asleep on Nik was so adorable. Could Nik be any grosser? "Hey, Liz, I was about to sleep with Britt, but I told her I still had feelings for you. So...how about we try to make a go of it?" How is this supposed to be entertaining? It's vile.

• Love 3

Oh man, I watched today's on Hulu so it was the first time watching it in HD (I'm cheap and don't shell out for the HD channels), and it just made it worse! Not only was the show awful, but everything was so orange and shiny, and Jeezum Crow those Nina and Silas scenes just felt like a bad touch! Thank you Sam for telling Patrick to shave.  Oh Olivia, do you realize how dumb you sound when you start shrieking, "Yes, your wife has been kidnapped, but your son who is sleeping peacefully and being taken care of needs you more!!!". I'm pretty sure this Levi story has reached such epic levels of stupidity that my IQ has gone down from watching it.  Thanks a lot Ron.  I could have killed those brain cells with sweet lady alcohol and had a way better time than watching this crap play out.  

I like Sam and Patrick very much but hate that the writers shit all over Robin for it.  Better writers wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Better writers would have had Patrick break up with Sabrina before Robin got back into town, and/or would have had the Robin breakup be a bittersweet mutual decision based on an inability to make the relationship work again.

We do not have better writers.

I am more and more convinced that Ron changes his stories if there is even a hint on any of the boards, spoiler or rumor sites that people have figured out what he is planning. It is more important for his ego that he look clever than the story work, So once the boards started sprouting that Levi was Sly, or Mac's Son or Jax's Son or connected to Jerry any of those ideas went out the window for Ron and he switched it up.

Or, he had planned for Levi to be either Sly or Mac's son or Jax's son, then became apparent how unpopular the character was so he made Levi's father a little known character from earlier on in GH in order to wrap up the story quickly and as gracefully as possible.

Sometimes it is possible to give Rc the benefit of the doubt.

I am going to partly disagree. Ron trashes long standing characters, it is his thing.

However, his pets get lots of juicy time.

Which is why I remain convinced that the pet that has been pimped, propped and pushed constantly in the Robin/Patrick/Sabrina triangle wasn't TeCa, but JT, because here he is, still on the front burner with a big 'A' story even after the Sabrina/Patrick story arc has concluded.

Levi.  (Don't hate me).  Where did this come from?  Is a haircut really all it took?  Am I really that shallow?  He's kind of hot and not a terrible actor.  Maybe we can keep him and give him some better dialogue. 

I had a suspicion his character would become, if not more palatable, at least more interesting once he took a heel turn.  Getting all that horrible lank hair out of his face was a help.

Robin hasn't been pregnant in the last two years that we know of.

Luckily, Snarly hasn't had a baby story line either.

But now that she's slept with Sonny the Inseminator that might not last for much longer, especially since Carly has also been bedding Franco. Who in their right mind wouldn't find it Must See TV if Carly ended up pregnant but unaware with whose baby? I mean that's Emmy gold without hardly having to try at all!

Re-watched some scenes.

Baby Ben is still so damn cute.

IMO, PS/RyCa play off each other so well. Small things like PS/Brad looking for, finding & handing RyCa/Lucas his shirt & socks when he was getting dressed. I like when the actors play off each other vs posing & pursing their lips. I don't need them shaking the bed all the time but I don't want it to completely disappear either. Why is MB the only one allowed to have actual stories & frequent sex scenes?

Nathan is very sexy and I do feel he and Maxie have lots of chemistry they just haven't been in the right scene yet. The handcuff falling on top of each other and the fireworks longing looks were both cute.

I like them both yet RP can still often be wooden. He's had several scenes during this story that have been painful. They have some cute scenes & a little chemistry but I wouldn't call it shoot off the screen chemistry. RP has better chemistry with KT, to bad they mad them siblings. KSt can sparkle yet they keep pushing the pairings she has minimal chemistry.  

Often I tell myself to ignore his woodenness, so I mute his scenes & enjoy the pretty. 

There is a reason  TPTB have this couple doing publicity together. 

If this were any other show, I would agree but for years TPTB of TFGH have a mind of their own when it comes to the pairings they push. Weren't Purina pimped out a a year or two ago?

Edited by BestestAuntEver

I like them both yet RP can still often be wooden. He's had several scenes during this story that have been painful. They have some cute scenes & a little chemistry but I wouldn't call it shoot off the screen chemistry. RP has better chemistry with KT, to bad they mad them siblings. KSt can sparkle yet they keep pushing the pairings she has minimal chemistry.  

Often I tell myself to ignore his woodenness, so I mute his scenes & enjoy the pretty. 

If this were any other show, I would agree but for years TPTB of TFGH have a mind of their own when it comes to the pairings they push. Weren't Purina pimped out a a year or two ago?

While I understand what people call RP's "woodenness" I just don't really see it as such. To me he and DZ are so similar I always just take it as a character trait b/c Dante and Nathan are both police officers. Granted I wasn't watching when RP first came on so I could be seeing some improvement others don't but I just don't think he is worse than most others and certainly better than some. And I seriously fail to see much chemistry between most couples on this show. To me Sonny/Carly and Nina/Franco have THE MOST chemistry and most people loathe them, so go figure.LOL

Thanks for the couple clarification, b/c I just have normal soap history where most couples marched around for publicity are b/c they are popular. Though if only Purina was the stinker maybe just they were an anomaly?

Oh and I forgot to say earlier though I loathe Britt yet again I'm amazed at the casting of family members who look like family(Franco and Scotty aside).  Britt and Nina really do look a lot alike. Are very believable as cousins.

• Love 1

Oh Sabrina...stupid, stupid Sabrina, nobody gives a fuck about why your 'little angel had to die'. I'd throw Rafe a damn party if I could.

Go back to PR or Mexico or wherever the fuck and drop dead. Join your 'little angel'. Spare the viewers your presence.

If I can't have scrubs, I'll have Samtrick. Pretty, sparkly Samtrick.

• Love 5

I loved Brad & Lucas today & I wasn't even mad at Britt's interruption.  I think that's because I really like the Brad/Britt friendship.

Ben was adorable when he fell asleep on (& almost fell off) Nik's lap.  Yeah, they bore me too, buddy.

I saw Levi's new 'do a while back, but it makes a tremendous difference.  I still don't care about the character, but he looks much better.

• Love 5

Rafe had a ton of potential as a character.  It also would have given Sam and Silas something to do besides have sex and talk about Nina.  It truly was a shame that poor JD sucked so bad.

Speaking of sucking so bad, I think Detective Wood has chemistry with Britt because he has exactly one facial expression--worried and slightly confused.  That's an okay expression to wear around family members, especially crazy ones like Britt and Nina, which is probably why his scenes with Britt and Nina have been the only time I haven't found him distractingly awful.  But worried and confused is the opposite of sexy.  I kind of can't wait until Maxie and Lulu are rescued because I'm curious just how terrible his first on-screen kiss is going to be.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 3