Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

There was, and it made Carly think something was up because she made a point of mentioning that Lulu and Dante never brought Rocco over to the house. I think JP/SA have since relaxed that and there was some dialogue mention about Rocco missing his grandpa or something.

Carly and Sonny also baby sat Rocco at the loft  when Levi kidnapped Lulu and Maxie. And started making out lol.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

Question, why hasn't anyone asked Laura (who spent several years on Cassadine island) about the scarecrow?  And perhaps Alexis? Perhaps show Laura and Alexis the creepy book? They might have a bit of insight on Helena's story. 

Laura really is the one to ask, right?  I mean, she was on the island for 2 years and even escaped FROM the island*, so you think she'd know all the ins and outs.

*When it really was JUST the Cassadines on it, not with actual streets and actual villagers as is now being rewritten.  Next thing you know Jason and Curtis will investigate how often Helena was at the island Piggly Wiggly.

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Laura really is the one to ask, right?  I mean, she was on the island for 2 years and even escaped FROM the island*, so you think she'd know all the ins and outs.

*When it really was JUST the Cassadines on it, not with actual streets and actual villagers as is now being rewritten.  Next thing you know Jason and Curtis will investigate how often Helena was at the island Piggly Wiggly.

The address of that lady on Cassadine Island reminded me of Chandler on Friends telling Janice his address was 10 Yemen Road, Yemen.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

@dubbel zout I think I don't mind they connected Olivia to it. They should have never had Sonny think he was responsible if they weren't going to follow through, but if he had been the cause and he was just walking around like usual after killing Morgan accidentally it would have been too ridiculous.

You're right that Sonny never should have thought he killed Morgan in the first place. But since they did have Sonny weep and whine about it, they should have made it last longer than it did. I don't know, I still hold out some glimmer of hope that one day Sonny will somehow legitimately pay for everything he's done. Call me Pollyanna!

8 hours ago, Vyk said:
On 4/1/2017 at 1:00 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

(I think L&D haven't had Rocco around Sonny in a while now?)

I don't think he's been around him ever, actually.

Sonny didn't get his "#1 Grandpa" mug for nothing. He's seen Rocco at least once. For some reason, though, boy grandchild has never been much of a priority.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You're right that Sonny never should have thought he killed Morgan in the first place. But since they did have Sonny weep and whine about it, they should have made it last longer than it did. I don't know, I still hold out some glimmer of hope that one day Sonny will somehow legitimately pay for everything he's done. Call me Pollyanna!

Sonny didn't get his "#1 Grandpa" mug for nothing. He's seen Rocco at least once. For some reason, though, boy grandchild has never been much of a priority.

Sonny probably subconsciously looks askance that Rocco wasn't created by sheer virility.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Liz is an active Jason/Sonny supporter.

I don't know about this.  Maybe on a personal level yes, she has always liked Sonny and obviously Jason was/is one of her great loves.  But she did leave Jason when she finally have the chance of being with him because his lifestyle wasn't good for her kids.  She also didn't want anyone knowing Jake was his son because of that.  I think Liz did put her kids first then, and realized no matter how much she loved Jason it just couldn't work.  Of course now that's all out the window with Franco, but she still did it, and I remember really liking Liz at that point.  She was one of the few women on this show who had an actual job and wasn't making apologies for killers.

• Love 3

i really cant understand how jake is alive and noone tries to figure out who was really buried.   i don't understand how Jake is alive when his parents saw his surgery. who was on the table?

why do so many people om this show see ghosts.?   its really tired.

will Alexis ever get her license back? 

is liz on break all the time?  she is always talking to franco.

is laura going to return to the show? why is she searching for a painting with Tracy? why isn't she searching the clues helena left?

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, stlbf said:

When did Michael legally go back to Corinthos? What a god damn slap in the face of his grandmother. Taking back the name of her son's murderer. While running the murder victim's family company. I wish the show had written Michael tells Monica that bullshit. And have Monica truthfully tell him how badly that would hurt her. But, no. We are treated to JaSam, Friz, Julexis and Nell crap storylines.

Preach it! Michael going back to Carson and calling them his parents disgusted me. The writers really let Monica and the Quartermaines down. The Quartermaines are one of THE founding families of Port Charles. If Monica couldn't or couldn't speak up out of her own self-respect why didn't Tracy mouth off to her heart's content about the Quartermaines (especially her father) being betrayed and robbed of a named heir (Michael) while another one (AJ) was killed off? Furthermore, allowing Ned to stay away from Port Charles for so long hurt the family's strength too. His wife and daughter were sheared off the family precipitously (although mentioned in teases occasionally), instead of providing an interesting new branch.

When Alan left the show, Monica seemed to lose clout too and wasn't on the screen as much. Edward Quartermaine always provided a strong presence, but when he died, the Quartermaine legacy and vitality seemed to die too, except for Tracy. Now that she's going/retiring, the Quartermaines will probably suffer complete obliteration in PC, and Michael will expunge his Quartermaine legacy to hang pathetically around at Carsons' heels, calling himself a Corinthos. SICKENING! We don't want the writers' anemic, boring, endlessly repetitive storylines about JaSam, Friz, Julexsis and Nell instead of the spice, intrigue, and snap that the Quartermaines always provided. Dillon's sexy times with airhead Kiki don't hint at any healthy Quartermaine resurgence there.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 7

Considering the white-hot hatred Jasam have for Franco for deeds he did while he was Franco!Franco,  Jason is quite nonchalant in asking for Valentin's help, when Valentin held Jasam at gunpoint and killed Sam's cousin (and  got away with it).

• Love 6

I wish anything about Valentin made any sense at all.

He took multiple hostages to get Nikolas to sign over all of his assets despite having a will from Mikkos which made him the heir*. And doesn't the Cassadine Trust pre-date Mikkos? If so, Mikkos probably wouldn't have the ability to change how assets are inherited, he'd only be able to allow Valentin to inherit his personal assets which wouldn't include Nik's home.

*Which, no.

Mikko's will would have been probated in the early 80s when he died. Stavros was his primary beneficiary. Nik inherited from Stavros. It was several decades and two probated wills too late for Valentin to have any rights under the will he presented to Alexis, even if it wasn't a forgery.

• Love 7

I can fanwank the will stuff. Mikkos probably rewrote his will all the time so he could cut out people he was mad at. What I can't fanwank is that Valentin, the Cassadine whom even Helena feared, is such a complete crybaby.

• Love 6

I think they messed up with the way they introduced Valentin.  If they wanted him to be a more grey Cassadine, having his first appearance be "killing" Nikolas and shooting my beloved Kevin, that was the wrong way to go.

• Love 9

TFGH, no? Valentin certainly isn't the first character who's had to be backtracked to a tamer personality. I think shooting Kevin was okay in that Valentin had to show he was serious, but the Nik stuff was too much, too soon. They should have had him pretend to kill Nik and then we find out Nik is being held hostage. Very Cassadine, and we don't have to see Nik.

• Love 7

I didn't miss Nik at first, but now I do because it's isolated both Liz and Lulu. Plus, Nikolas'/TC's "I'm sleepy" face would have been great directed at Franco.

• Love 9

Can't believe Carly built up Sonny to Joss by explaining that he always kept the fridge stocked with orange juice. Sure, Carly, but with Sonny's penchant for throwing glasses, what will Joss use to drink her juice? Not gonna lie, though, I do love bratty Joss giving Carly hell. It's nice that one of their kids doesn't promote Sonny and Carly as the most perfect couple to ever exist.

I cringe when the show takes the characters outside Port Charles. "Turkey" reminded me of Wyndemere. I do love Tracy with Laura, but it sucks that they're only getting to be good friends right before JE leaves the show.

I long for the day that Alexis can have a conversation that doesn't revolve around Julian. She's smart and capable and deserves better than to be tethered to him.

Jax looked as fine as ever.

• Love 11
(edited)

Why have someone like Michael, Lucas, Kristina, Molly or even a Maxie or Spinelli be the godparent of this Quartermaine/Cassadine baby when the town's patriarch/mob boss and matriarch/mob moll can do it! #eyeroll 

It really makes me sick that Monica's granddaughter's godparents are the man who murdered her son and the woman who was his accomplice after the fact.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why have someone like Michael, Lucas, Kristina, Molly or even a Maxie or Spinelli be the godparent of this Quartermaine/Cassadine baby when the town's patriarch/mob boss and matriarch/mob moll can do it! #eyeroll 

It really makes me sick that Monica's granddaughter's godparents are the man who murdered her son and the woman who was his accomplice after the fact.

I think Spinelli(ewww)and Molly are Danny's godparents. 

But you're absolutely right it's gross. Carly and Sonny are only Scout's godparents for plot point and to get Carson together. It's about propping Carly and Sonny which Sam was doing the other week. 

Sam and Jason are dumb and a bunch of hypocrites, I so sick of the writing on this POS of a show. 

• Love 5

So, if something ever happened to them, they'd want Carly and Sonny to raise their daughter? Carly. And Sonny. 

Is that because they think making Sonny the godfather will prevent him from sleeping with her someday? Cause it won't. 

• Love 13
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Linny said:

Can't believe Carly built up Sonny to Joss by explaining that he always kept the fridge stocked with orange juice. Sure, Carly, but with Sonny's penchant for throwing glasses, what will Joss use to drink her juice? Not gonna lie, though, I do love bratty Joss giving Carly hell. It's nice that one of their kids doesn't promote Sonny and Carly as the most perfect couple to ever exist.

Shut up Carly. "You were too young and you don't remember how hard divorce is!" Like your past multiple marriages and divorces never happened to Joss.

Hire a cook, Carly. The cook can shop. Cheaper and safer for you and Joss.

39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And

20 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

So, if something ever happened to them, they'd want Carly and Sonny to raise their daughter? Carly. And Sonny. 

Is that because they think making Sonny the godfather will prevent him from sleeping with her someday? Cause it won't. 

Yeah, the best idea ever: Sonny and Carly as Monica's granddaughter's godparents. Wonderful! Why not just ask Helena and Franco? Or Sam's aunt Olivia? I highly doubt either one of the MULTIPLE TIME DIVORCED ASSHOLES would qualify as catholic godparents. Priests have to approve the godparents. Divorcees are probably disqualified. Sonny is their first choice? Not Michael, Curtis, or LUCAS? 

And godparents don't mean that you get your godchild if something happens to the parents. It doesn't work that way.

This stupid fucking show!

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I wish anything about Valentin made any sense at all.

He took multiple hostages to get Nikolas to sign over all of his assets despite having a will from Mikkos which made him the heir*. And doesn't the Cassadine Trust pre-date Mikkos? If so, Mikkos probably wouldn't have the ability to change how assets are inherited, he'd only be able to allow Valentin to inherit his personal assets which wouldn't include Nik's home.

*Which, no.

Mikko's will would have been probated in the early 80s when he died. Stavros was his primary beneficiary. Nik inherited from Stavros. It was several decades and two probated wills too late for Valentin to have any rights under the will he presented to Alexis, even if it wasn't a forgery.

FV is pretty stupid about characters. The head writers are merely incidental. Some one mentioned in this thread or another they are surprised that Carly hasn't managed to kill someone directly (though she has tried), neither has Tracy, Lucy (I  think). Faith Roscoe did, but she was straight up gangster and when Guza isn't coddleing a character, the show will treat they with a degree of honesty.  The only other time when a longterm female character is when she is under heavy stress, like in the midst of an attack or a psychotic break. Nearly out of the gate he had Ava and Valentin kill innocent people that were long term characters and Nina pretty much rape Ava  and now treats them kooky weirdos. Sonny and Luke started it, but Jason really poisoned the well about who should be acceptable as leads of a show, now the show is over run with murderers and raptists. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

But you're absolutely right it's gross. Carly and Sonny are only Scout's godparents for plot point and to get Carson together. It's about propping Carly and Sonny which Sam was doing the other week. 

Jason and Sam having a baptism at all is a plot point.

@TeeVee329 Monica probably wouldn't be invited.

And now I'm picturing a fairy godmother appearing and intoning, "may you never be fat like your uncle AJ."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

I think Spinelli(ewww)and Molly are Danny's godparents. 

I vaguely remember that.  So why can't Kristina and Michael be Scout's godparents?  

15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The idea of having to watch Monica stand there and witness this abomination is just...

She'll be called into work and won't be there, just like at their wedding.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

I vaguely remember that.  So why can't Kristina and Michael be Scout's godparents?  

She'll be called into work and won't be there, just like at their wedding.

The interesting thing would be to have Kristina and Lucas as godparents and to have the priest refuse. And have Sam and Jason have some serious religion issues. Lucas may not be RC, so you can swap out Lucas with Michael and have Kristina have a big issue with the church.

But that would be interesting. And controversial. 

• Love 5
(edited)

In brighter news, at least Jax got to hang with Alexis and have some nice scenes with Joss re: Lady Jane's passing (which, that was nice of the show to acknowledge the actress' RL passing) before he, I assume, gets run over by the Sonny/Carly/Nelle bus.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
(edited)

This whole Laura/Tracy roadtrip story is boring and lame--obviously just a comedy farce dropped into the soap. Lord Larry's spitting out of champagne when he heard that Tracy went to Turkey gave it away. I thought that women were never allowed in certain Greek Orthodox monasteries.

Lady Jane's death and Jax's subsequent return to PC to tell Joss is obvious and plot pointy too. What a coincidence that he arrived just as Carson was breaking up again. Jax and Valentin look so similar to me.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I assume, gets run over by the Sonny/Carly/Nelle bus.

Neither the bus nor Ingo's own crap can dampen Jax's charm, damn it. It's just too bad the  old writers aren't here because while they would have Jax kinda sympathetic, they would also have him call out Carly and be like, "what did you expect?"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Godparents are in charge of spiritual upbringing; guardians are the ones who raise the kids if the parents die. Sonny and Carly are singularly incapable of both of these responsibilities.

The only reason to pick Sonny and Carly as godparents is if you think your child will need a good lawyer to keep them out of prison, someone to perjure themselves for you in court, or a private island to hide them from prosecution.  Great choices there, Jason and Sam.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Benji said:

Is it just me or can anyone else literally not hear a word that Sam says ?  OMG !  KM,.please speak up !!!

It seems to have gotten worst.  I hate to complain about it since it has to do with KeMo being deaf in one ear but you'd think someone would have her speak up a little

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

And have Sam and Jason have some serious religion issues.

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but since when are Sam and Jason religious in any way? There's no point in a baptism if you aren't going to follow through and give your kid religious instruction. It's not a random ritual. There's nothing wrong with not being baptized, and I doubt anyone in Port Charles is going to clutch their pearls if the baby isn't.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but since when are Sam and Jason religious in any way? There's no point in a baptism if you aren't going to follow through and give your kid religious instruction. It's not a random ritual. There's nothing wrong with not being baptized, and I doubt anyone in Port Charles is going to clutch their pearls if the baby isn't.

Because it's a plot point for Carly and Sonny. Scout is being used to prop Carson. 

I don't think they'll have a onscreen baptism but it wouldn't surprise me because they would do it to focus on Carly and Sonny. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think show cares about that. After all, Jason all his glory as a hitman days, was Joss's godfather even while he was plotting to have Dante killed.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sonny, Jason, Sam and Carly have no issue with ignoring the Thou shalt not kill commandment. But supposedly Sonny (and Jason after his reawakening from the AJ car accident) are big RC. Plenty of real life mobsters are supposedly religious. They could give blood money to "wash away" their sins. But in the last few decades, the Church has been telling criminals that it ain't gonna fly like that anymore. In Italy too. Which has led to excommunications.

But yeah, the PC mobsters are allegedly religious. The Qs are Episcopalian/Anglican. Laura is supposed to be Methodist/protestant. Same with Liz. Nik and Alexis (and Valentin/Charlotte  too, I guess) are Greek Orthodox. So Kristina and Molly should be Greek Orthodox too. There was a nasty battle between Sonny and Alexis. Sonny just decided to baptise Kristina in the Catholic faith without Alexis' permission. Which should make Molly being Danny's godmother a no go at a Catholic church service too. It just drives me nuts watching shows pick religion and pick shit that they like and not even use those parts correctly. 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Perkie said:

It seems to have gotten worst.  I hate to complain about it since it has to do with KeMo being deaf in one ear but you'd think someone would have her speak up a little

She's not completely deaf in one ear. 

I noticed she has been more whisper-y the past two days but it could have been an actual choice. On Friday the baby was sleeping, and today they were talking about Alexis, so maybe she didn't want to shout that in the middle of Kelly's.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Neither the bus nor Ingo's own crap can dampen Jax's charm, damn it. 

Right! Normally if an actor I liked carried on the way IR did on facebook I would never be able to fully enjoy their character anymore, but somehow I still find Jax to be just a breath of fresh air.

I really liked the Tracy/Laura scenes. I'm curious where this is going.

I skipped everything else lol.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, stlbf said:

It just drives me nuts watching shows pick religion and pick shit that they like and not even use those parts correctly. 

Same here, and I'm not religious in the slightest. I can't stand it that Griffin—a priest—is somehow a friend of Sonny's. By this time he should have an idea of what Sonny does and what a garbage person he is. But of course we can't have that, so Griffin has become Sonny's occasional confessor. What? 

30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

the baby was sleeping

News flash, Sam: The world is a noisy place. Get the baby used to it now, while she's still really young. I'm not saying Sam needs to hold raves in her living room, but tiptoeing around the apartment is ridiculous.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

News flash, Sam: The world is a noisy place. Get the baby used to it now, while she's still really young. I'm not saying Sam needs to hold raves in her living room, but tiptoeing around the apartment is ridiculous.

I mean, I don't know if that was the case. It could have been KeMo just lapsing into habit.

1 hour ago, Jazzy24 said:

Because it's a plot point for Carly and Sonny. Scout is being used to prop Carson. 

I don't think they'll have a onscreen baptism but it wouldn't surprise me because they would do it to focus on Carly and Sonny. 

We'll probably see everyone prepping for the baptism (mostly Sonny & Carly scenes)…baptism during commercial break…then we see everyone post-baptism, talking about Sonny and Carly bravely godparenting despite their marital woes.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here, and I'm not religious in the slightest. I can't stand it that Griffin—a priest—is somehow a friend of Sonny's. By this time he should have an idea of what Sonny does and what a garbage person he is. But of course we can't have that, so Griffin has become Sonny's occasional confessor. What? 

No way in hell Father Doctor Monroe should be pals with Sonny. Trying to save his immortal soul? Sure. Making Sonny feel fine about Sonny's evil, selfish, criminal and immorality actions?  No damn way. The shit with Julian still didn't make an impression on the dumbass. Sonny goes right on threatening people to make himself feel better.

Sam and the baby? For me it depends on how much (or how little) sleep Sam has gotten. I have dealt with some sick or colicky babies and I was severely tempted to strangle loud people who just waltz in and wake up a kid that took me an hour or more to get to sleep and lay down into a crib. Sure, babies need to learn to handle noise, but if they've had a bad night or day, I don't want anything to wake her/him up. 

Who doesn't call or text before coming over when you have a newborn? 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

We'll probably see everyone prepping for the baptism (mostly Sonny & Carly scenes)…baptism during commercial break…then we see everyone post-baptism, talking about Sonny and Carly bravely godparenting despite their marital woes.

I'm RC, and a bonafide godmother to my younger brother. The RC godmother and godfather emphatically are not necessarily married or even in the same age range. So JaSam didn't need to have those two as a couple. In fact, asking a couple who are having marital woes to be the godparents is  considered awkward. Such a social gaffe would cast a pointless pall over a child's baptism, which is supposed to be a joyous event.

• Love 1