Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Well, I think they have to have Jason defend Sonny, simply because Sonny doesn't have any real friends other than Jason, and I guess Jason realizes it ? It was always true before that Sonny didn't have any real friends either, but at least one of  his kids would jump to his defense. Or some lackey would do it.

Kristina doesn't count, now or then, or ever. Kristina who? Exactly.

Anyway-that's how I justify this. All the kids that count, are at least suspicious/mad/at odds with him right now. He has no one else. They can't be bothered to drag Ric out to prop him and lick his boots. So Jason gets to do it. It makes no sense, I hate Jason, but this writing is plot pointy. It doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense. They need someone to prop Sonny, and can't afford to pay Diane, Max, Ric,  or Milo to do it. Jason drew the short straw.

Have I ever said  that I  have never been able to stand Lucy Coe?  Lynn Herring is so limited.

I LOVED LUCY in the very beginning when she was a money-grubbing, social-climbing, man-stealing tramp. Once she became a duck-loving, vampire-slaying clown, SHE WAS DONE!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

Well, surely you know this show has a history of retconning things, and they do it unapologetically often by the way, even if it makes no sense.

That's very true.  But since they've been forced to draw attention to the fact that Paul was visibly on-screen during the Nurses' Ball and thus couldn't have attacked Bobbie and Lucas, necessitating this retcon, it would be silly to choose someone who was also visibly on-screen during that attack.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why would it be Brad?  Besides, Brad was on-stage at the Nurses' Ball waiting for Lucas so they could get married when it happened.

That's easy - the person we saw on stage was a doppelganger. Why did the doppelganger do it? Because Real Brad told him to. Why? Because when he was a kid people said mean things to him and it made him feel bad about himself. His mind created a second personality to takeover when the teasing became too much for Original Personality to handle. Second Personality is the one who ordered Doppelganger Brad to attack Bobbie and Lucas. Why? Because there's actually a third personality and that's the one who ordered Second Personality to order the Doppelganger Brad to attack them. Why? Because Third Personality is secretly working for Vladimir Putin. This is all a part of a very complex scheme to influence the U.S. presidential election.

• Love 7

It's all so pointless when nothing changes at all. I'm glad LW is finally getting decent material and is killing it, but that's only right now. A month from now Carly will go back to Sonny, Sonny will continue to inadvertently hurt his kids, etc., etc.

It really is a rerun of Michael gets shot in the head, thankfully minus the Sonny/Carly limo sex.   It's boring.

• Love 4

Except you KNOW that Carly will now be pregnant again.

Now you take  that back!  And turn around three times, then throw salt over your shoulder (Please and thank you.)

That idea does not belong out in the universe.

Chants: No more Conrinthi!  No more Corinthi!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

They can't be bothered to drag Ric out to prop him and lick his boots. So Jason gets to do it. It makes no sense, I hate Jason, but this writing is plot pointy. It doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense. They need someone to prop Sonny, and can't afford to pay Diane, Max, Ric,  or Milo to do it. Jason drew the short straw

Is Ric even still on GH? Does Molly mention her dad? The last time I remember seeing him, he spoke to Sam and Jake Doe in the hospital as he was going into Sonny's room, on Elizabeth and Jake Doe's wedding day-that-wasn't. I would expect Max or Milo to answer the door and give Julian a hard time about showing up/defend "Mr. C" about the bomb and Morgan's death.  Diane would be more likely to show up to give Sonny or Carly Morgan's death certificate, and then duck as Sonny threw bar ware while crying or screaming in despair.

I sort of understand why Jason is propping Sonny. After all of Carly's screaming and despair/rage when Michael was shot and in a coma, she ended up going back to Sonny anyway (glad that was mentioned). She even had sex with him in a limo - while married to Jax - when they were so devastated about Michael going to a long-term hospital. She is well aware that Kristina had first-hand experience with a car bomb (when she was a teen-ager) because of Sonny. She even had a line to Alexis: "Kristina could have been killed..."  So Jason thinks the two parents should mourn together, that Carly had her eyes wide open when she chose to re-marry Sonny, that walking away from him now is not the answer.  Carly talks about taking care of Josslyn - but she's known all along that the safest, most healthy place for Joss to grow up is in Australia, with Jax. She's just been too selfish to admit that.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They should have a "Sonny you need a vasectomy" intervention for him.

Maybe he can get shot while saving one of his many children or the one that actually belongs to Morgan Brah and boom.  Sonny is now infertile.   Oh the irony.  

Did Liz seriously sit there and say with a straight face that Hayden's the most selfish person she knows? That's rich coming from the woman who cheated on Lucky, lied about Aiden's paternity, lied about Danny's paternity, and concealed Jason's identity. Hayden is no saint, but Liz needs to take several seats and shut up.

• Love 11

And why does Laura want to sell Wyndamere because she can't live with Hayden? Wyndamere is a freaking castle that probably has seventeen rooms and different wings. Couldn't Laura just kick Hayden out? I actually already thought she did that.

• Love 1

How many times did the writers rewrite this Claudette shit.  She came to town determined to get Nathan back, we saw her hugging their wedding portrait.  But now she's obsessed with Griffin?  Why?  And we're already at the reveal that Charlotte isn't Nathan's?  Why?

This character makes.  no.  sense.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, Anna, shuuuuuuuuuut upppppppppp!

Seriously. Morgan's death is all Julian's fault (forget the auto theft) - how dare Julian not get killed in the hit that was meant for him?

I like to think part of the call from Robert was because he talked to Robin, who expressed concern that Mom has completely gone off the rails. 

Laura talking about her and Spencer being so attached to each other and missing him - she has met her grandson, yes?  How did Laura find out Hayden and Elizabeth are (ugh) sisters? It seems like she hasn't spoken to Hayden or Elizabeth since before she left.  I'm disgusted, but not surprised, that the writers have Laura giggling with Liz over Franco/comparing Luke to Franco. I wish someone would remind Laura that Franco had Lucky's newborn son kidnapped from the hospital. Franco lurking in the dark near them, listening, is so damn creepy. The writing for Elizabeth's has gone from awful to now rock bottom over the years. UGH.

Hey Nathan and Maxie, Charlotte can still hear you two arguing about her and her mother from two feet away. No shocker that Claud wants to ditch her daughter with her ex and Maxie and run away with Griffin. I'll bet some of you laughed that she "can tell" Maxie's a good mother to Georgie. All the Griffin-Claudette stuff is so eye-roll worthy. I will guess, from Maxie's reaction to the DNA test, that you all called it that this kid will turn out to be from Lulu's embryo (even though she's too old to be a result of that horrible storyline, yet too young to be a child of Claudette and Nathan). I felt sorry for the little girl that Maxie just had to do the dramatic thing right in front of her. 

It's good to see Tracy talking about the hospital, and being such a great supporter of Michael Easton's latest character. I'm a little shocked Tracy has been on so much.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

How did Laura find out Hayden and Elizabeth are (ugh) sisters? It seems like she hasn't spoken to Hayden or Elizabeth since before she left.  I'm disgusted, but not surprised, that the writers have Laura giggling with Liz over Franco/comparing Luke to Franco. I wish someone would remind Laura that Franco had Lucky's newborn son kidnapped from the hospital. Franco lurking in the dark near them, listening, is so damn creepy.

I had the same question about Laura knowing Liz and Rebecca Budig are sisters.  They haven't seen each other since that was revealed and I don't think it's public knowledge.

And yeah, can't one non-Sam/Jason person in Liz's life have some hesitation/reasonable objection to Liz getting involved with the SERIAL KILLER who kidnapped her son?  Do they all have to do cartwheels about it?

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Linny said:

Did Liz seriously sit there and say with a straight face that Hayden's the most selfish person she knows? That's rich coming from the woman who cheated on Lucky, lied about Aiden's paternity, lied about Danny's paternity, and concealed Jason's identity. Hayden is no saint, but Liz needs to take several seats and shut up.

This is why I can't with her.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Franco lurking in the dark near them, listening, is so damn creepy.

Why do they keep having him do stuff like this? If they're trying to separate him from his SERIAL KILLER past, making him a weirdo stalker is not the way to do it.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

How many times did the writers rewrite this Claudette shit.  She came to town determined to get Nathan back, we saw her hugging their wedding portrait.  But now she's obsessed with Griffin?  Why?  And we're already at the reveal that Charlotte isn't Nathan's?  Why?

This character makes.  no.  sense.

I'm still trying to figure out why the writers think anyone is interested in seeing this off brand baguette in the first place. That kid probably isn't even hers. She probably stole her because she's a fucking loon.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm still trying to figure out why the writers think anyone is interested in seeing this off brand baguette in the first place. That kid probably isn't even hers. She probably stole her because she's a fucking loon.

Off brand baguette, heh.

And oh, that kid is the StavLu embryo, no doubt.  Which, again, makes no sense given the various timelines. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And oh, that kid is the StavLu embryo, no doubt.  Which, again, makes no sense given the various timelines. 

Agreed, that seems to be the way the story is going, between Maxie telling Lulu about Charlotte's existence, Dante telling Lulu he met the "beautiful" Charlotte, Claudette speaking in such a detached way about Charlotte (I would think PPD if she had recently given birth), and now the DNA test. Next thing you know, Laura will meet Charlotte and say something like "You remind me so much of my daughter Lulu at that age" - even though little Lulu was a round-faced brunette!!

• Love 4

It was annoying how Nathan didn't just admit he wanted Charlotte to be his daughter.

The great star-crossed love of Griffin and Claudette: pointless.

Screw you show, for using Laura to approve of Franco/Liz. We don't know for sure whether she knew about him trying to blow up Lulu and all, so I'll just go with "no" for the sake of calmness.

Speaking of things being blown up, Laura should have a scene with Sonny about Morgan's death, and they could tie that in with Lucky's "death", but I doubt we'll see something like that.

Heather being the one to attack Bobbie and Lucas to exonerate Franco is not a bad ret-con, as far as these things go.

Rebecca Budig looked really good today.  She was a little too self-righteous with the ass guy considering she agreed to pretend to be Jason's wife last year.

Although I kinda don't blame Liz for feeling self-righteous, because from what I can tell from his hair, Liz is dating Jesus.

Fifth character, Ninth month on from when this fifth character debuted, yet they are still trying to make us feel urgency about Finn possibly leaving? Okay.

Oh Tracy all those sparks you see are from you and Finn, not Hayden and Finn.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's good to see Tracy talking about the hospital, and being such a great supporter of Michael Easton's latest character. I'm a little shocked Tracy has been on so much.

There are rumors that JE is retiring. I think it's probably true. Boo! Still, she deserves it.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I was being facetious (mostly).  I hate that GH is a lazy, sloppy shell of its former self, and that no one at the show or the network cares enough to make/demand changes. But I don't hate it enough to stop watching, which is a tacit endorsement of what's being shown. And there are seemingly enough people watching who don't hate the show to keep the status quo.

I know you were.   I agree with you-in point of fact, I think the issue that no one seems to care enough to bother making it great again, bothers me more than the actual flaws, more than the sloppy laziness.  I hate the feeling of apathy I get from TPTB. Apathy in general, but especially apathy about something you SHOULD care about,  is a trait I just can't stand.

Oh, Liz and Laura. Sit down. Hateful wenches-and I'm not a Hayden fan, but YEESH.  Look thee in the mirror, ladies. You both have done equally horrendous things, if not worse.

Is Ric even still on GH?

Ric is still in town as far as I know.

Oh Tracy all those sparks you see are from you and Finn, not Hayden and Finn.

They should have went there, but I think that window of opportunity has closed. Sad, because JE is  the female ME has clicked with best this time around. Hayden kills all the interest I have in Finn, except with Monica or Tracy.  As far as JE retiring, I think a lot of "insiders" on DD and Twitter are getting on my nerves. They don't know squat-if they did, they'd confirm it. Everyone is just guessing. I'm okay with her going, if it's her choice, but until they announce it officially, there's no reason to believe she's leaving. They had a perfect opportunity to write an "out" in the Paul thing, and they didn't. I take that as a good sign, if you like seeing her around.

Edited by IWantCandy71
49 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Screw you show, for using Laura to approve of Franco/Liz. We don't know for sure whether she knew about him trying to blow up Lulu and all, so I'll just go with "no" for the sake of calmness.

Does Laura know that Franco kidnapped her newborn grandson Aiden from the nursery and wanted to give him to Heather to raise?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

They should have went there, but I think that window of opportunity has closed. Sad, because JE is  the female ME has clicked with best this time around. Hayden kills all the interest I have in Finn, except with Monica or Tracy.  As far as JE retiring, I think a lot of "insiders" on DD and Twitter are getting on my nerves. They don't know squat-if they did, they'd confirm it. Everyone is just guessing. I'm okay with her going, if it's her choice, but until they announce it officially, there's no reason to believe she's leaving. They had a perfect opportunity to write an "out" in the Paul thing, and they didn't. I take that as a good sign, if you like seeing her around.

I was mostly ignoring the rumors too but then Giddens said something and he usually knows casting. But yeah, if she's leaving, they're not really setting anything up so far.

I think they could still go there with Tracy and Finn if they wanted to.

36 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Does Laura know that Franco kidnapped her newborn grandson Aiden from the nursery and wanted to give him to Heather to raise?

I forgot about that. But I guess if Liz can let go of it, Laura can. But there's been no indication Lulu got over the whole being put on a bomb thing. (I know that's mostly because Lulu and Franco never share scenes. Shh, let me have this!)

Oh, I forgot: don't try to work in Daredevil, show, especially in regards to Claudette and Griffin.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Not the place for politics.
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I forgot about that. But I guess if Liz can let go of it, Laura can. But there's been no indication Lulu got over the whole being put on a bomb thing. (I know that's mostly because Lulu and Franco never share scenes. Shh, let me have this!)

I think that's the problem. Every character involved has to forget or be "oh, okay" about lots of bad things that Franco did to themselves or their loved ones for Franco/Liz to be a viable couple.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Anna should really take the job with the WSB which is hopefully somewhere in Antarctica. I just can't with her anymore.

Why can't we watch a show of her and Robert training new agents?  Call it "Geneva Hospital".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I hate the feeling of apathy I get from TPTB. Apathy in general, but especially apathy about something you SHOULD care about,  is a trait I just can't stand.

SO. MUCH. THIS.

16 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Every character involved has to forget or be "oh, okay" about lots of bad things that Franco did to themselves or their loved ones for Franco/Liz to be a viable couple.

This is how GH works for everyone.

• Love 4

I got so excited when I thought maybe Anna/FH was leaving to be a WSB training teacher in Geneva, but then fucking Andre had to ruin it be suggesting a third option. Stay out of it, boring ass Andre! We could've been rid of completely ruined Anna and never had to hear #JusticeForDuke again, dammit!

Spare me with this "Hayden fucks some guy for money to save Finn" shit. I honestly can't. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I mostly laughed though. It's just so dumb.

Liz sucks. Also, can I just say, BH looks every bit her age now so they can go ahead and SORAS Cam.

I'm over ME's "I'm quirky!" take on Finn. 

I still enjoy Heather. RM just always delivers. And I agree with @ulkis that this isn't a bad retcon. There have certainly been far worse. But that all being said, I hate everything and can Franco please die already.

I thought maybe I could like Claudette/Griffin. I'm into that kinda thing. But those two have anti-chemistry. It's really bad. I get so much second-hand embarrassment when they kiss. 

The less said about the Charlotte/Nathan/Maxie scenes the better. I did love the look of disgust Charlotte sent Maxie at one point. I feel you, Charlotte.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

Heather being the one to attack Bobbie and Lucas to exonerate Franco is not a bad ret-con, as far as these things go.

Except for the whole,  she's supposed to be locked up in a maximum security facility and not allowed out,  thing.  Although I guess if you're hack writers and you randomly chose someoen to be a serial killer but he happens to have an alibi for two of the attacks then sure, retcon it that Heather pulled it off instead.  Heather, Helena, pick one, it works both ways.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I guess, I'm honestly surprised the show remembered to go back and address that hanging thread at all, especially given addressing it exposed what an asspull the Paul reveal was.

Buuut if it had been Nelle-related, at least that would have been about Bobbie (and Lucas), in a way.  Now Bobbie and Lucas were reduced to the nearest old woman/gay guy Heather could attack to protect her dearest Franco.  Blech.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Except for the whole,  she's supposed to be locked up in a maximum security facility and not allowed out,  thing.  Although I guess if you're hack writers and you randomly chose someoen to be a serial killer but he happens to have an alibi for two of the attacks then sure, retcon it that Heather pulled it off instead.  Heather, Helena, pick one, it works both ways.  

She got someone else to do it for her. Not that that's much better, but still. Er . . . she did, right? Or did thye say she did it with her own hand?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She got someone else to do it for her. Not that that's much better, but still. Er . . . she did, right? Or did thye say she did it with her own hand?

TBH it felt like they were saying she did it herself, but I might be wrong. I wasn't paying super close attention. But they've already established the last time she was locked up that she had the guards letting her out and stuff, so that could still be true, even if it's stupid. Or we can just pretend she hired someone to do it because that actually makes sense. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why can't we watch a show of her and Robert training new agents?  Call it "Geneva Hospital".

If she gets a lobotomy? Sure! I'd be down with that.

Meanwhile, new WSB recruits will probably swallow cyanide pills the second she opens her mouth and says "Duke". 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I got so excited when I thought maybe Anna/FH was leaving to be a WSB training teacher in Geneva, but then fucking Andre had to ruin it be suggesting a third option. Stay out of it, boring ass Andre! We could've been rid of completely ruined Anna and never had to hear #JusticeForDuke again, dammit!

The less said about the Charlotte/Nathan/Maxie scenes the better. I did love the look of disgust Charlotte sent Maxie at one point. I feel you, Charlotte.

1) Are you actually @HeatLifer, pretending to be Peachmangosteen :P ? Although several of us *would* love to have Anna's awfulness gone.

2) Please share at what moment Charlotte looked at Maxie with disgust. I missed it, and I'm feeling very disappointed. Thanks in advance!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

1) Are you actually @HeatLifer, pretending to be Peachmangosteen :P ? Although several of us *would* love to have Anna's awfulness gone.

2) Please share at what moment Charlotte looked at Maxie with disgust. I missed it, and I'm feeling very disappointed. Thanks in advance!

I'll never tell. ;)

I don't remember exactly. I think it's right after Nathan says that Maxie lets him have the pepperonis.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think it's right after Nathan says that Maxie lets him have the pepperonis.

You're right - Charlotte shoots Maxie a look of disgust, and then a little "whatever" type face and headshake in reaction to Nathan's line that Maxie says pepperoni is too spicy. Maxie totally missed it.  So funny!  That moment is almost as enjoyable as Tracy dissing Franco yesterday. 

I want to know what dubbel zout thinks "too spicy" is a euphemism for.  What can I say, you all are far more entertaining than the show. 

That video MB shared ....  WTF? LOL!! HeatLifer, is there any explanation as to why he posted it for the audience??

• Love 1

I had to FF Anna at the gym. I can't listen to another second of her sob about Julian and Duke. ENOUGH.

The retcon of Heather having something to do with Bobbie and Lucas was dumb, but it wasn't the worst this show has done. And I hate myself for this, but RM and RoHo are pretty funny together.

Could Evan, Reb

ecca Budig's date, have been a bigger cliché? He could have given Morgan lessons on being a douche, which is saying something.

Someone should report Claudette to Homeland Security. Maybe she'll get deported back to Canada.

GF looked great.

4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I want to know what dubbel zout thinks "too spicy" is a euphemism for.  What can I say, you all are far more entertaining than the show. 

It was Maxie slipping Nathan pepperoni that had me wondering. Heh.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Could Evan, Rebecca Budig's date, have been a bigger cliché? He could have given Morgan lessons on being a douche, which is saying something.

I actually thought his implication of sex from her in exchange for research grant $, and his "it's only words" line sounded like a vague reference to/jab at what's been going on with the Trump Presidential campaign.  A while ago someone posted that Jason's "stronger together" line seemed like a Clinton Presidential campaign reference. I wonder if the writers care to do that.

Liz and Laura can both eat a dick. bonding over their moronic love for pieces of shit (which should include murdering pos Nik) while at the same breath badmouthing one of his victims...yet again. I like Hayden and I hope to holy hell she never has time for these 2 slags.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why do they keep having him do stuff like this? If they're trying to separate him from his SERIAL KILLER past, making him a weirdo stalker is not the way to do it.

Because it was romantic when Todd Manning lurked as he watched the actual love of his life talk about him and reminisce over their wedding photo and talk to their daughter (that he never got to see grow up) about how magical that day was for them, and we knew neither of them were in any danger from the character Roger Howarth (with a way better haircut then) played then.  When Franco lurks, it's like, even if he's drawing a picture it's threatening because who wants a weird drawing from an unemployed, aging hipster with codependency and mommy issues?  Not even Liz is about that nonsense.  FV needs to stop trying to recreate OLTL unless he's going to make Roger cut his hair and get better writers. 

• Love 1

This Tree/Claud/Maxie/Griffin stuff is so mind-numbingly stupid and boring. Claud needs to be flagged as a terrorist and sent to Guantanamo. Also, what kind of scumbag is willing to abandon  their stolen kid and dump them off on a dumb tree she hasn't seen in years and his annoying fiance that she knows nothing about.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ANDRE YOU MAKE ME SO SICK WE COULD'VE BEEN FREE FROM ANNA BUT THEN YOUR STUPID DUMBASS JUST HAD TO OPEN YOUR WORTHLESS MOUTH. 

Hayden could just tell Tracy that Finn needs money for research.

Liez says Hayden is the most selfish person she knows. Hmm. I guess she hasn't looked in the mirror lately. Or taken a look at her rapist serial killer boyfriend. 

Laura has spent months shitting on Hayden and acting like she isn't good enough for her precious son but has no problem with Liez dating a rapist serial killer. K. 

So Heather is GH's version of Elijah Clarke.

• Love 10