Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, fishcakes said:

If Nelle turns out to be Carly's daughter, then I think the scenes with her and Michael are because they're actually fraternal twins separated at birth.

That was my first thought as well. I could easily see them going there. So stupid.

14 hours ago, Bishop said:

It just doesn't make sense. 

That doesn't matter on this show.

Also I agree that JZ was looking really lovely on Monday's episode. 

• Love 3

I like the idea of Nelle and Michael being fraternal twins, actually, but I'd hope that AJ was her father and not Sonny. If I recall, Carly was sleeping with Sonny while also sleeping with AJ during the time Michael was conceived. I've read that twins can be fathered by two different men, so there's that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I know Ingo lives in Hawaii, has a semi-steady gig on Five-O, and has a great relationship with the show. If it looks like Jax paid for an illegal kidney (and I'm suuuuuuuuuurrrrreeeee Sonny would *never* do that for his daughter), why would he go on if it means his character will get trashed from here to Cassadine Island?

Since Sonny and Jax keep exchanging meaningful looks whenever anyone says the word "kidney", I don't know how TIIC are going to avoid tarring both of them with the same brush if they're sharing the secret. But I imagine someone in the writers room is doing complicated acrobatics in a corner right now looking for a way to keep Sonny pure. 

17 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

I like the idea of Nelle and Michael being fraternal twins, actually, but I'd hope that AJ was her father and not Sonny. If I recall, Carly was sleeping with Sonny while also sleeping with AJ during the time Michael was conceived. I've read that twins can be fathered by two different men, so there's that.

Carly's first ONS with Sonny - a bout of hate sex after seeing Jason dancing with Liz or something - was way after Michael was born.  Carly was sleeping with Tony at that time, though.  That would explain the anvils about Bobbie and Bobbie and Carly's relationship.

16 minutes ago, rur said:

Since Sonny and Jax keep exchanging meaningful looks whenever anyone says the word "kidney", I don't know how TIIC are going to avoid tarring both of them with the same brush if they're sharing the secret.

By the way, if Jax did have something to do with procuring the kidney for Joss, Sonny would be wise not to give Jax shit considering he basically bought a heart for Alice, although I'm sure the show wants us to forget all about that.

• Love 13

Nik and Hayden were't divorced so Wyndemere is hers

They were married for five minutes, no way should Windemere autimatically go to Hayden.  Laura should kick her ass out.  Where has she been staying for the past few weeks that she came home with a suitcase yesterday?

idea of Nelle and Michael being fraternal twins,

That would make Nelle AJ's daughter and I can't see the show going there.  AJ didn't exist and they don't want another Q running around.  

So Lulu is going to check the DNA on the bracelet, but what will that give her other than the bracelet belonged to Luke? It doesn't mean the body is Luke. Luke could have killed the person in the tunnels and put his bracelet/earring on the body to divert if Helena or her minions found it.

Where has Hayden been staying? She walked into Windemere with her suitcase, so where was she coming back from. Plus, now that she's a widow, and was only a married Cassadine for a couple of months, I think Laura should kick her out of Windemere. She doesn't belong there.

So Teddy's been in hospital for 6 weeks for an alergic reaction that Finn cured almost immediately? WTH?

Joe needs to shave the beard if they're going with Joe/Sabrina because it makes him look too old beside her.

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Jackie Z looked amazing.

She got some very strange lighting in the coffee kiosk scenes—she looked blue, for some reason. I think her face has finally settled from the most recent round of work. 

55 minutes ago, Perkie said:

They were married for five minutes, no way should Windemere autimatically go to Hayden.

There was no prenup—Nik lurved and trusted Rebecca Budig, like the idiot he's always been—but I wonder if there isn't some sort of entailment attached to the Prince Cassadine title so that something stays within the male line. Or maybe it is just the title that gets passed down.

58 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Where has she been staying for the past few weeks that she came home with a suitcase yesterday?

I wondered that, too! Heh.

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She got some very strange lighting in the coffee kiosk scenes—she looked blue, for some reason. I think her face has finally settled from the most recent round of work. 

There was no prenup—Nik lurved and trusted Rebecca Budig, like the idiot he's always been—but I wonder if there isn't some sort of entailment attached to the Prince Cassadine title so that something stays within the male line. Or maybe it is just the title that gets passed down.

I wondered that, too! Heh.

I don't even recall her leaving. I don't think she was off screen too long but i honestly can't recall her packing and leaving Port Charles. I must have missed the long dialouge that Hayden (and, every soap chracter has) where she says she must leave and she's never coming back. LOL!!!

18 hours ago, Perkie said:

".  I didn't realize Greece was a hotbed for Malaria, but what do I know.

It's not. The US CDC "does not recommend antimalarial drugs for travel to Greece at this time. Travelers...should use mosquito avoidance measures, such as insect repellent and sleeping in either an air conditioned or well-screened setting or under a treated bed-net, to prevent malaria infection". The last time Greece had a slight rise in malaria cases was apparently 2011-2012, and the cases were determined to be acquired elsewhere and carried into Greece by immigrants.

That said, it's alleged that the recent economic hardships in Greece including unemployment and government cutbacks in health care and insect spraying have encouraged conditions for malaria cases in Greece for the first time in 40 years.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
10 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

It feels like this is the first time Lulu and Tracy have had scenes in like a year. 

They had a brief tiny scen a couple of weeks ago where Tracy gave Laura her condolences about Nik and Tracy didn't even get to address Lulu but she patted her sympathetically. Beforw that I don't think they've had a scene since right before Dillon revealed the affair.

I was irritated the scene was about Luke.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

".  I didn't realize Greece was a hotbed for Malaria, but what do I know.

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

It's not. The US CDC "does not recommend antimalarial drugs for travel to Greece at this time. Travelers...should use mosquito avoidance measures, such as insect repellent and sleeping in either an air conditioned or well-screened setting or under a treated bed-net, to prevent malaria infection". The last time Greece had a slight rise in malaria cases was apparently 2011-2012, and the cases were determined to be acquired elsewhere and carried into Greece by immigrants.

That said, it's alleged that the recent economic hardships in Greece including unemployment and government cutbacks in health care and insect spraying have encouraged conditions for malaria cases in Greece for the first time in 40 years.

I just want to see that the same tests that determined that Sam was pregnant reveals that Jason is already pregnant.

(Rules out malaria, gives us a cheap laugh, and throws in another exotic/Because-Helena disease to figure out. Unless Sam started to faint while in England.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rur said:

Since Sonny and Jax keep exchanging meaningful looks whenever anyone says the word "kidney", I don't know how TIIC are going to avoid tarring both of them with the same brush if they're sharing the secret. But I imagine someone in the writers room is doing complicated acrobatics in a corner right now looking for a way to keep Sonny pure. 

Don't worry. You can have Sonny taking all of the blame and scheming for getting Joss a kidney off the black market, and the characters (and viewers) will still blame it all on Jax.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, if Jax did have something to do with procuring the kidney for Joss, Sonny would be wise not to give Jax shit considering he basically bought a heart for Alice, although I'm sure the show wants us to forget all about that.

But... but... but.... that was SONNY. Jax is evuhl because he selfishly saved his own daughter, causing Nell pain for years.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I was irritated the [Tracy/Lulu] scene was about Luke.

Ditto.  I feel the same way about Laura's story, it's too much about her past with Luke.  Wouldn't a story where, I dunno, there's some familial drama about Tracy and Laura's respective roles in Lulu's life be more interesting?

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ditto.  I feel the same way about Laura's story, it's too much about her past with Luke.  Wouldn't a story where, I dunno, there's some familial drama about Tracy and Laura's respective roles in Lulu's life be more interesting?

I'd be good with it being about Luke if Luke were actually dead. Alas. But they'll never do that as long as FV thinks TG might deign them with a crumb or two.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Something is wrong with me. I liked the Jason/Sam/Finn scenes yesterday AND liked Michael/thought he looked fiiiiiine. And LOL @ all of JVP's choices as Joe. Do I enjoy him? What?

I'm sorry, I should never post here again until I revert back to my normal self.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Syndicate said:

AJ is Michael's father (although the Corinthos minions do their best to ignore that because Sonny tortured AJ out of his rights years ago), so the idea of Nelle coming to town to avenge the murder of her father would be interesting. Of course, this show is terrible and won't do that, but I think it's an interesting hypothetical.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Something is wrong with me. I liked the Jason/Sam/Finn scenes yesterday AND liked Michael/thought he looked fiiiiiine. And LOL @ all of JVP's choices as Joe. Do I enjoy him? What?

I'm sorry, I should never post here again until I revert back to my normal self.

Michael did look good. Spread your wings Chad!

• Love 2

As much as I like Lucy with Scotty (and they were really fun with Ava today), her heading to check on Kevin when she found out he had been shot got me right in the Lucy/Kevin lovin' feels.  So naturally, because this show hates me and Lucy is always getting airtime crumbs, that has to wait until tomorrow.  But plenty of time for Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig, though! #eyeroll

I really want to like Nelle because I like Chloe Lanier, but I'm not a fan of the "How DARE you ask me to prove the sketchy medical situation I described really happened!" attitude.

When Dr. Michael Easton started talking about his dead wife, my brain shut down to protect itself.

Who do have to pay to make the Morgs/Keeks sex scenes stop?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really want to like Nelle because I like Chloe Lanier, but I'm not a fan of the "How DARE you ask me to prove the sketchy medical situation I described really happened!" attitude.

Seriously. Nelle has nothing that proves she's Joss's kidney donor, and she's not even 100 percent sure she is. So why the attitude? Did she really think she wouldn't have to have any sort of test?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As much as I like Lucy with Scotty (and they were really fun with Ava today), her heading to check on Kevin when she found out he had been shot got me right in the Lucy/Kevin lovin' feels.  So naturally, because this show hates me and Lucy is always getting airtime crumbs, that has to wait until tomorrow.  But plenty of time for Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig, though! #eyeroll

When Dr. Michael Easton started talking about his dead wife, my brain shut down to protect itself.

Who do have to pay to make the Morgs/Keeks sex scenes stop?

Kevin is still in the hospital? Haven't they been back for a week or two by now?

Kevin is still in the hospital? Haven't they been back for a week or two by now?

What about baby Teddy?  Isn't he still at GH?  Or will he be out in time for his high school graduation?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

That scene with the shot? That was funny and everyone was good in it.  Dr. Michael Easton is more interesting with literally every other character than he is with Rebecca Budig character.

And given this whole Friz travesty, I'd trade Franco/Liz for Liz/Dr. Silas McFinn in a red hot second

29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Michael did look good. Spread your wings Chad!

Stop it. you know damn well that FV will replace him with the nearest plastic faced underwear model and give him non-stop frontburner story and it will be all. your. fault.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

That scene with this shot? That was funny and everyone was good in it.

Yes! So adorbs! "I'm sorry!" "He's not sorry."

(Although OGJason would never complain about the pain of getting his blood drawn, lol.)

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. Nelle has nothing that proves she's Joss's kidney donor, and she's not even 100 percent sure she is. So why the attitude? Did she really think she wouldn't have to have any sort of test?

And shouldn't Carly of all people be showing a little more street smarts about this attitude?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

If Jax did buy a kidney for his dying infant daughter it was an immoral but highly understandable.  It is wrong for human organs to be bought and sold, however, if my baby were dying and I could save them by illegal means I would closed my eyes and save my baby.  I would live the rest of my life with overwhelming guilt but grateful that my baby was alive.  It is an impossible situation. Jax is ashamed and feels guilt for what he has done.

On the other hand Sonny acquired  a new heart for Alice, the Quartermanine maid, as a way to get back into Michael and Morgan's good graces.  He did not care about Alice, she was a means to an end for him. He feels justified in doing what he did, not one bit of guilt or shame.  But when the Jax kidney reveal occurs, Sonny will be all up on his high horse.

• Love 13

Wait a second, Ava/Scotty were a thing? A real thing? Did they get any scenes aside from that stupid bodyguard shite?

Nik/Ava as an actual couple?  No. No, thank you.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Stop it. you know damn well that FV will replace him with the nearest plastic faced underwear model and give him non-stop frontburner story and it will be all. your. fault.

At least maybe people would start treating Michael like he's a precious moments doll? Or hey if Mo doesn't like him maybe they'll make him hate Sonny again. And then probably kill him off but hey, Sonny hate!

I wonder if Dr Easton and Hayden was always in the works or just till the stuff with TC happened.

Er, doesn't Joss know Michael is with Sabrina? First she doesn't have a hint about her dad and "uncle" Sonny's 20 year feud and now this. Joss is dumb.

Morgan probably wanted Ava to offer to sleep with him to get him away from Kiki, heh. And now he wants to marry Kiki? WHY. 

• Love 6
Just now, ulkis said:

Er, doesn't Joss know Michael is with Sabrina? First she doesn't have a hint about her dad and "uncle" Sonny's 20 year feud and now this. Joss is dumb.

Maybe Joss feels the way that I do about Michael being stuck with Sabrina and her giant baby.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I wonder if Dr Easton and Hayden was always in the works or just till the stuff with TC happened.

I think JP was super enamored with the idea of Princess Greenlee and Dr. Silas McFinn is the fallback plan because the general audience wasn't swept away by the romance of a woman marrying the man who paid someone to SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD.

Hey! I bet Rebecca Budig character and Soap Superstar Roger Howarth's Franco would make a spectacular couple!

• Love 3

So judging by tomorrow's promos, we're going to go with the Lucy-is-jealous-of-Kevin-and-Laura angle. Or vice versa, because spoilers say Laura overhears a conversation between Kevin and Lucy.

Aren't all three of them a little too old to be doing high school shit like that?

ETA: This coming from a fan that knows nothing of Kevin/Lucy history, just that apparently they have one, and I'm liking the slow buildup to Kevin/Laura.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Wait a second, Ava/Scotty were a thing? A real thing? Did they get any scenes aside from that stupid bodyguard shite?

I don't think they were a real thing.  He took her to the Nurses' Ball, and maybe he had a crush on her, but that's about it.

Does Joss not like Sabrina? Or, are Michael and Sabrina not a thing anymore? I was confused about her trying to set him up with Nelle.

Morgan going over to taunt Ava. No thanks. I don't need to see them wind up having another fling.He just can't help himself from doing stupid things. Proposing?! Pro tip. If she says she isn't ready to move in with you she's not ready to marry you. How is he so stupid.

• Love 1

Let's just go back for a minute though because I'm not over it: Lucy is a realtor??

What next? Scott roofing some houses? Laura is the high school principal? Monica runs an apothecary?

WHY?

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Not on a soap. Especially the wimmins. Sigh.

But for real, how old are Kevin/Lucy/Laura/(Scotty? the guy with Lucy and Ava today) supposed to be? Older than the Carly/Sam/Maxie/Lulu set, for sure. In the Alexis age range? So, 50s? Mid-fifties? 

19 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think JP was super enamored with the idea of Princess Greenlee and Dr. Silas McFinn is the fallback plan because the general audience wasn't swept away by the romance of a woman marrying the man who paid someone to SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD.

I don't think JP is doing much creative direction. This has got to be Frank's idea - two ABC superstars in the hot new pairing that will finally make Michael Easton take off on GH! Sadly I think reverting his stories to the same old dark schtick with young babes is only going to kill Finn, a character who was working initially. I think this smacks of a FV plan that he would've pursued with or without TC, probably as a future triangle/quad when Tyler returns.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, jsbt said:

Let's just go back for a minute though because I'm not over it: Lucy is a realtor??

What next? Scott roofing some houses? Laura is the high school principal? Monica runs an apothecary?

WHY?

Lucy's broke because she, like Scotty, invested her money with Rebecca Budig's stupid father and that's prevented her from relaunching her cosmetics company.  She had some explanation about why real estate last week, but really, she just needs the cash.

At least it's a step up from that time she was doing city tours related to the vampire storyline, including of the spot where her friend Alison was murdered. #eyeroll

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I don't think JP is doing much creative direction. This has got to be Frank's idea - two ABC superstars in the hot new pairing that will finally make Michael Easton take off on GH!

So may terrible ideas, so little time!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy's broke because she, like Scotty, invested her money with Rebecca Budig's stupid father and that's prevented her from relaunching her cosmetics company.  She had some explanation about why real estate last week, but really, she just needs the cash.

At least it's a step up from that time she was doing city tours related to the vampire storyline, including of the spot where her friend Alison was murdered. #eyeroll

You think this would give Lucy and Scotty a story losing there money but honestly there treated no better than day players.

i was kinda confused about Ava saying that Scott double crossed her today I had no clue what she was babbling about I guess because he wrecked her home and her going on about being in love with Nik.

I am loving the idea of Michael and Nelle, and the actors definitely have some easy chemistry going on.  Chad is looking better than ever.  So the writers better use the guy and not have him buying diapers and baby formula.  As far as Josslyn being happy about a possible Nelle/Michael pairing, I'm guessing she's not too thrilled with Michael and Sabrina.  She probably shares her mother's opinion of Sabrina and how she hurt Michael.  I"m not a fan of the Michael/Sabrina pairing either.  Sabrina is the one who lied and betrayed Michael, and yet once again, Michael is the one that does all the heavy lifting and the forgiving.  It was dumb.  Sabrina should have been fighting for Michael.  

As for Lucy Coe, I don't want her anywhere near my Kevin Collins.  Doc and Lucy are long since over, and Lucy proved again today why she's too immature for Kevin.  She's impetuous and reckless and Kevin is looking for a true romance with someone who doesn't want all the drama.  I think Jon and Genie have wonderful chemistry, and frankly, so does Kin and Lynn.  Those two couples work out just fine in that order.  Lucy can be jealous all she wants, but SHE is the one that broke Kevin's heart.  She doesn't deserve him - and she's still sleeping with Scotty.

Lastly, I did love the Scotty and Ava scenes.  I think Kin is hysterical how he delivers his lines.  Ava needs Scotty as a buddy.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, lovelynn said:

Morgan going over to taunt Ava. No thanks. I don't need to see them wind up having another fling.He just can't help himself from doing stupid things. Proposing?! Pro tip. If she says she isn't ready to move in with you she's not ready to marry you. How is he so stupid

Morgan's problem is not that he is bipolar. It's the fact that he is a stupid dumbass who needs Red Forman's (tm That 70's Show) foot permanently up his ass. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Bishop said:

As for Lucy Coe, I don't want her anywhere near my Kevin Collins.  Doc and Lucy are long since over, and Lucy proved again today why she's too immature for Kevin.  She's impetuous and reckless and Kevin is looking for a true romance with someone who doesn't want all the drama.  I think Jon and Genie have wonderful chemistry, and frankly, so does Kin and Lynn.  Those two couples work out just fine in that order.  Lucy can be jealous all she wants, but SHE is the one that broke Kevin's heart.  She doesn't deserve him - and she's still sleeping with Scotty.

You can do it in the history thread if you like, but will you, bishop, or someone give me a quick history of Kevin and Lucy, and apparently Scotty?

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

You can do it in the history thread if you like, but will you, bishop, or someone give me a quick history of Kevin and Lucy, and apparently Scotty?

I'll give it a shot.

• Love 1