Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

People also claim that NLG/WDV and MS/RoHo don't get along either, and during the JaSam vs Liasion stuff people were saying BM didn't like KeMo and/or RH. Seems like lately anytime a couple breaks up the gossip starts about the actors not liking each other. 

Thanks, LP. For some reason, I thought something substantial happened. I should have known it was just fan interpretation. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

You've pointed out the reasons why Darby doesn't come across as just a dumb piece of ass though (at least not anymore), even if she is just used to use that plot forward. The show already has too many characters. I'm glad they've resisted the urge to give her a contract or make her a mini-recurring character.

They can just kill off Kiki and replace her with Darby. Even if they don't want to give Darby a contract they should still kill off Kiki.

• Love 9

I don't know if it's because she's had more than 2 lines lately or because she annoys Kiki but I don't hate Darby anymore. She's clearly being used as a springboard in this Morgan/Kiki/Dillon triangle thing but she's not so terrible anymore. That age group is missing other women. Just Kiki and Kristina who have never interacted (I think) is not enough. The show is not great as a whole so I look for the little things. 

I love how far Sam and Alexis's relationship has come. Like seeing them as family. Wish Molly and Kristina could have been there too. But has anyone told Alexis that Nikolas is "dead?" There has been no reaction from the aunt he loved so dearly for years about his possible death. These are the moments that are missing to me. 

Jax, nice to see you! Hope you aren't back just to be shit on.... Not looking great though. Must Jax be the bad guy in the this kidney scenario? The scenes with him and Alexis were nice. Glad at least that friendship was remembered. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

But has anyone told Alexis that Nikolas is "dead?" There has been no reaction from the aunt he loved so dearly for years about his possible death. These are the moments that are missing to me. 

Yea Sam told her this week. Alexis basically said Cassadines don't die and she thinks there's more to it.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea Sam told her this week. Alexis basically said Cassadines don't die and she thinks there's more to it.

I just realized that after I wrote it. Lol. Thanks for the correction. I'm just thinking the last time they interacted was months ago. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bwill3133 said:

I just realized that after I wrote it. Lol. Thanks for the correction. I'm just thinking the last time they interacted was months ago. 

And Alexis never reacted to the first time Nik 'died' I don't think, which was so stupid.

• Love 5

Way too often. Back From the Dead are soap staples for a reason - just like Who's The Daddy and Con Artist Falling For the Mark, and New Troublemaker in Town is Really Someone's Secret Child, and so on - but overuse makes them meaningless. I mean, literally no one thinks Nikolas is really most sincerely dead.

Question: Does Alexis know Nikolas tried to have Greenlee killed?

• Love 2
On August 2, 2016 at 4:18 PM, movingtargetgal said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sonny has already tarnished the women of Port Charles.   I don't want the male half of Port Charles tarnished as well.  Let's just have Sonny neutered and call it a day.  He has done enough damage.

I agree; his demon seed is practically half of this show, and his love interests turn into brainless mob apologists (like original Kate). We need a hero to rescue PC from Sonny's mumbling clutches, but I can settle for neutering him so he doesn't have any more crypt children and so his greasy incoherent "charm" (read: his human sacrifices to turn PC into a hellmouth where people like him and don't immediately spit on him for being terrible) doesn't ruin anyone else.

Make Sonny a eunuch.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Lobsel Vith said:

...his greasy incoherent "charm" (read: his human sacrifices to turn PC into a hellmouth where people like him and don't immediately spit on him for being terrible) doesn't ruin anyone else.

Oh my god. Years ago, Jason Morgan cast the same spell that Jonathan did in the "Superstar" episode. It all makes sense now!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Way too often. Back From the Dead are soap staples for a reason - just like Who's The Daddy and Con Artist Falling For the Mark, and New Troublemaker in Town is Really Someone's Secret Child, and so on - but overuse makes them meaningless. I mean, literally no one thinks Nikolas is really most sincerely dead.

Question: Does Alexis know Nikolas tried to have Greenlee killed?

No one knows except Liz, Laura, Sam and Jason.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I mean, literally no one thinks Nikolas is really most sincerely dead.

Can you blame them? I wouldn't until I saw the body—and possibly had an independent medical examiner confirm the death.

GH uses so many soap tropes so often it really needs to start lampshading them.

• Love 2

Finally caught up on both the show and here.

I thought Friday's episode was pretty good, lots of great 1:1 scenes. The Jax/Alexis stuff was really great, it felt like old school GH and the way she grabbed on to him just felt very real and genuine. The Julexis demise has given NLG some of the best material she's had in a while. Also liked the Samlexis scenes (those always get me).

Ava and Julian's twisted dynamic was again in play. And I thought she explained it very well why she couldn't help him, she chose her daughters over him. Considering she has asked him to do the same for her in the past and he turned her down, I didn't have a problem with it at all. Her "I love you" was well done. She knows she has no reason being alive and wants to try and be on the side of right for a change. Does it also protect herself? Of course, but she's not doing it for entirely selfish reasons. She's doing it to be there for her girls.

Speaking of, I was so glad she didn't cow to Carly and all of Carly's bullshit for keeping Avery away that's been going on since January. Serves Carly goddamn right that she gets some of her own hypocrisy handed back to her.

Go to hell, Sonny. No one likes you, so why don't you just DROP DEAD?

I feel like I'm at a table for one with my Killon love still.

Definitely want to see more Lucy/Scotty. Doing what, I don't care.

• Love 6

Nope, I'm right there with you.  I do think, at least for now, that the end game couple is Kiki [Lauren] and Dillon and Morgan is the obstacle.  They seem to be trying to make her grow up.  Finally.  Morgan, with the apartment BS and emotional guilt trips, not so much.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

Make Sonny a eunuch.

I argued for making Sonny be impotent when he was shot, but the show just made him temporarily unable to walk and in  wheelchair. Even though he might have had more screen time, such a development could have produced not only embarrassment for the don, but also troubles in his marriage with Carly, who could have had cougar hots for younger men or inappropriate boytoys, playing fast and loose behind the scenes. Instead, the show made them into helicopter yenta parents who bore us incessantly with forays into everyone's business.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Can you blame them? I wouldn't until I saw the body—and possibly had an independent medical examiner confirm the death.

No, I can't. That's what I mean, though. This show has long since hit a point of diminishing returns on Back From the Dead storylines.

Also, murder. Remember when murder was actually a big deal on this show? And now, how many characters are murderers or would-be murderers or in love with murderers or totally laissez-faire about murder? ALL OF THEM.

• Love 5

Back From the Dead are soap staples for a reason

I'd be embarrassed even to say which show it was, but I remember my first "daytime soap death." They had the character getting killed right before what was to be his wedding, and I was so sad over it. They showed the body in the morgue and everything. Then they brought on another guy of approximately the same age and coloring to be the young police detective investigating the murder, and of course I was determined to hate that character just because. The mystery dragged on for weeks, and then there was the reveal that the "murdered" hunk was alive and well and in hiding for his own safety, and the new police detective character was in on the whole thing, so I could like them both. Oh, to be young and gullible and pre-internet-spoilers again.  

(All right, it was Jason on Generations. I'm old.) 

I guess I should say something about Friday's show? Liked Jax/Alexis. Kelly Monaco is always a bust for me in scenes where I'm supposed to think Sam is a strong, determined badass, so I didn't care about her telling off Julian, and he's worn out his welcome. The Jason/Sonny meaningful looks after they neutralized Valentin were weird. It was as if they were the heroes of a buddy-cop show with homoerotic overtones.  Maura West rocks everything. She makes me an Ava fan, more than the writing does. She also can talk to a baby as though she really is the baby's loving mother. I have to give Laura Wright some credit in that department too. Sometimes when Carly is holding Avery and talking to her, I get the sense that LW is a really nice person.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

No, I can't. That's what I mean, though. This show has long since hit a point of diminishing returns on Back From the Dead storylines.

Also, murder. Remember when murder was actually a big deal on this show? And now, how many characters are murderers or would-be murderers or in love with murderers or totally laissez-faire about murder? ALL OF THEM.

A better question would be who hasn't murdered anyone?  Who hasn't been responsible for any deaths at all?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm still there but they're gonna have to remove Darby from the equation because Kiki's irrational bitchiness over her is nagl and makes me hate Kiki.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Maura West rocks everything. She makes me an Ava fan, more than the writing does. 

This.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm still there but they're gonna have to remove Darby from the equation because Kiki's irrational bitchiness over her is nagl and makes me hate Kiki.

Embrace the Kiki hate. Let it wash over you.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

She's doing it to be there for her girls.

Is she? She had no problems running to London and then following Nik to Cassadine Island. Someone dangles money in front of Ava and she'll follow it to the ends of the earth. She also hasn't done squat to get Avery away from Sonny. 

If Ava really wants to be there for her daughters, how about she stays in Port Charles for more than two consecutive days?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is she? She had no problems running to London and then following Nik to Cassadine Island. Someone dangles money in front of Ava and she'll follow it to the ends of the earth. She also hasn't done squat to get Avery away from Sonny. 

If Ava really wants to be there for her daughters, how about she stays in Port Charles for more than two consecutive days?

Ava has spent much of Avery's life in prison, *dead*, or pretending to be someone else while wearing dollar store wigs. And besides getting Morgan to break up with her and screaming for a few episodes after she got herself shot, when was the last time Ava showed any real interest in Kiki?

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Exactly. I know the problems of writing kids, but there is rarely a reference to Ava spending offscreen time with Avery. It's not such a big deal with Lauren given that she's an adult—allegedly. (™ Silas Clay.)

Yet another reason why babies raise more dramatic problems than they're worth.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did I miss anything of note on Friday?  I read something about Jax and Alexis having scenes?

That was the only noteworthy scene in the entire episode. If you can catch it on YT, I would do that. The rest of the episode was stupid IMO.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do agree that Darby was more preferable with her attitude that day than Kiki. 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She left PC because Julian told her she had to in order to lay low for a while so things could calm down. She called Avery when she was on the plane. It's not like she never thought of them. Then she encountered Huxley and that whole poorly written nonsense, which should have just not been done at all. She could have gotten back sooner, but she wasn't in control the entire time. 

Ava's been trying with Kiki since she was revealed to be Ava again. If she stays away because Kiki asked her to give her space, she gets blamed. If she tries to talk to her, she gets blamed. What else can she do with Avery? Scott's her lawyer, he would have told her if there was anything he could do to get Avery from Sonny. 

Her explanation to Julian was that she had an awakening that she's been given "another second chance", and she also told Nik that she had made mistakes and wanted to try to correct them. As far as her not staying in Port Charles, the writing failed at giving her a logical explanation. I think they just wanted to write something for her with that other actor who I can't remember his name from ATWT.

• Love 4

Having the allegedly redeemed SERIAL KILLER barge into the room of the woman he drugged and let think he raped, start off with a stupid quip that is also groddy given their history ("Do you have a boo-boo?  Can I help make it better?), asking her a favor, and then getting all huffy when she wants nothing to do with him was everything I hate about the writing for Franco in a nutshell.  This fuckin' show.

So Lucas and Brad got married in June, Lucas was around to yell at Julian in July, but NOW they're off on their honeymoon?  What a bullshit excuse for them to be off-screen for Bobbie's birthday party.  And Bobbie HAS to extend an invitation to Jason, but Valerie and Lulu are also missing?  This fuckin' show.

Do the writers not remember their own scripts?  Because after their comments in SOD that Sam wouldn't acknowledge Dr. Michael Easton's resemblance to Silas...Sam acknowledged Dr. Michael Easton's resemble to Silas.  This fuckin' show.

Chloe Lanier being shoved up Carly's ass instead of being one of Lucy's daughters.  This fuckin' show.

• Love 15

Franco and Sam sharing a scene ever is disgusting, but for him to barge into her hospital room, make thinly veiled sexual innuendo and ask her for a favor in regards to Jason? HELL NO. Good for the writers allowing Sam to tell Liz to make a note in her chart to not allow Franco near her room again, but that got ruined when she had to make nice to Liz and defend Nik to her.

Liz, Jason doesn't care what you do. He cares that the serial rapist / tormenter that terrorized him and his wife is hanging around his son. And you have to honor his opinions and respect them. That's what co-parenting is.

And Jason found out about Franco tormenting his wife off-screen. Fantastic. So let's recap: of the three major points in the JaSam story that needed to be told, Robin got to tell Jason that Danny was biologically his son, and Sam telling Jason about their son's cancer, and what Franco did to her in Hawaii, which dovetailed into point number one, happened off-screen. Fantastic. This show is crap at the beats of a story it chooses to tell.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I do agree that Darby was more preferable with her attitude that day than Kiki. 

She left PC because Julian told her she had to in order to lay low for a while so things could calm down. She called Avery when she was on the plane. It's not like she never thought of them. Then she encountered Huxley and that whole poorly written nonsense, which should have just not been done at all. She could have gotten back sooner, but she wasn't in control the entire time. 

Ava's been trying with Kiki since she was revealed to be Ava again. If she stays away because Kiki asked her to give her space, she gets blamed. If she tries to talk to her, she gets blamed. What else can she do with Avery? Scott's her lawyer, he would have told her if there was anything he could do to get Avery from Sonny. 

Her explanation to Julian was that she had an awakening that she's been given "another second chance", and she also told Nik that she had made mistakes and wanted to try to correct them. As far as her not staying in Port Charles, the writing failed at giving her a logical explanation. I think they just wanted to write something for her with that other actor who I can't remember his name from ATWT.

The problem with Ava and her kids is that there are morons and hacks writing her story. She has full legal physical custody of Avery. Sonny sees Avery at Ava's leisure. Not the other way around. Ava's mistake was to allow Sonny and Carly to keep Avery while dealing with Lauren in the hospital, Sonny faked threats and a nanny with an emergency.  Why the hell didn't whatever agency she hired from, send out other nannies? Scott was a moron to say that she had to leave Avery at Sonny's. Nope. She could hire a new nanny. Now Sonny can probably argue that Ava legally abandoned Avery. Making her a questionable parent. The whole Avery crap plot makes no sense. No way in hell would Scott ever fucking say that Sonny was in the position to be a better parent.  NO FUCKING WAY WOULD SCOTT BALDWIN EVER EVEN IMPLY SUCH A THING! 

Stupid crap writing. *arrrrrruuuugggghhh* KAREN WEXLER!

• Love 10

So much for them not mentioning Finn looking like Silas. Lawd. 

Jason knowing about what Franco did to Sam is another thing that happened off screen? or did he remember on his own?. Who cares about these questions when we can have endless Franco monologues about a dog. 

I wish Sam would punch Franco in the face one day and soon. 

I knew she would be pregnant. I hope its a girl. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, backhometome said:

So much for them not mentioning Finn looking like Silas. Lawd. 

Jason knowing about what Franco did to Sam is another thing that happened off screen? or did he remember on his own?. Who cares about these questions when we can have endless Franco monologues about a dog. 

I wish Sam would punch Franco in the face one day and soon. 

I knew she would be pregnant. I hope its a girl. 

Does this make Danny/Baby Morgan the only, or one of the few, set of full biological siblings on this show?

• Love 2

Is it in his contract that Franco has to be on every day? I am so sick of seeing him. Going in and bothering Sam was unnecessary. She should have thrown a bedpan at him. Watching him sit in the hall and mope was not fun. COME ON. This guy cannot possibly have legions of fans to justify keeping him on contract. Please let Jason decide it's in the best interests of his wife and children to get rid of Franco permanently. It can be his push present to Sam.

Kiki and Morgan aren't using condoms? Please, please, please do not make her pregnant with his baby. Ever. Morgan does not need a child.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, lovelynn said:

Please let Jason decide it's in the best interests of his wife and children to get rid of Franco permanently. It can be his push present to Sam.

I think Sam would love that more than anything material Jason could get for her.

• Love 6

When was the last natural planned pregnancy on this show?

Or better yet when was the last time its not a WTD baby.

Does this make Danny/Baby Morgan the only, or one of the few, set of full biological siblings on this show?

Since Lucky/Lulu, I think.

What was the point of Franco going into Sams room. 

7 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Or better yet when was the last time its not a WTD baby.

Since Lucky/Lulu, I think.

Close, Georgie/Maxie were the last full set.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Syndicate said:

Nelle is Carly's daughter isn't she? Not sure why I'm theorizing this other than to repeat the Bobbie/Carly long-lost mother/daughter dynamic.

The big speech Carly gave to Bobbie about their relationship was not subtle.  But instead of Carly coming to town and being envious of Bobbie's life with a well-off doctor, Nelle will be envious of Carly's life as moll to a greasy mobster. #eyeroll

And gawd, then they'll probably cast yet another new character as her father.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, magnolia11 said:

If Nelle is Carly's daughter -- I would normally never, EVER wish such a horrid thing upon any character, but she needs to sleep with Sonny for sheer karmic purposes.

If she is Carly's daughter, she better be here to make her life fuckin' miserable.  Otherwise, what's the point?  The Corinthos clan doesn't need another fawning offspring.

• Love 12