Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Nina advising others on unhealthy, co-dependent relationships is more than a little rich. I cannot stand this insta-friendship with her and Franco.

A friendship I do like, however, is Mac and Nathan. Awww Mac, one day, your daughter might actually have a boyfriend/husband who doesn't make you want to rip your hair out. You've earned this, buddy!

Lulu's back and talking about babies. Must be any day that ends in -y.

Hey, anything that get's between Carly and her serial killer works for me!  Sorry, I meant THE serial killer.  Not that I'm projecting here much at all.  And, I'm at the point that, if it pushes along the "Sonny killed AJ and Carly's covering it up for him, thereby bringing them closer and pushing Franco to reveal all", so be it. 

I like some of the show. The rest I'm interested in to see how far it can sink/when is someone finally gonna put a stop to Franco.

How low can this show sink?  How deep is the Tonga Trench?

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 2

Who says the respect GH history to begin with?

Damn. Did you get Ron some ice for that wicked burn?

Btw, why is Todd dressed in his college clothes?

If he hands over the flash drive, testifies at the trial, wears a suit and says to Carly and Sonny "I forgive you." But in that sinister, Roger way, I forgive him.

M if you don't know what I mean, you can't work on my AJ revival project.

• Love 3

I'll admit I said some vulgar shit to the TV when Sonny told Carly (or did she say it?) that he had "walked into Ava's trap." 'What, Sonny, her p___y trap?' I'm sorry.

They have been dressing Roger Howarth like the fifth-year hackysack guy on the university quad since at least November. It's baffling, whatever it is they're trying to go for here other than 'hey, he's a sensitive guy, he's not so bad!' I dunno who calls it "Gentle Farmer Franco" but that cracks me up every fucking time.

I love Sonny trying to explain the tryst to Morgan and being like, "there are parts of this I can't explain, but she tricked me."

And now I'm laughing again. It's classic Sonny. Bitch Set Me Up!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Oh, this has nothing to do with Maurice Benard. They've been trying to soften up and 'layer' Franco and ground the character in some sort of sympathetic, relatable human reality for almost a year (I say 'almost' because they sure weren't even trying until late last fall). But there is nothing that can make Franco look good. He could wear Armani everyday and it wouldn't matter. In fact, he was wearing lots of suits and stuff until they took the tumor of evil out, and then he became Gentle Hipster Franco with the plaid and the jeans and so on. It was a deliberate decision.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

They'll never soften Franco, because he started life on GH as a SERIAL KILLER. I know Ron's desperately trying to handwave it all with the tumor removal and Franco making weak apologies (he's like Sonny in that way: "Why does everyone keep bringing it up? It was a tumor!"), but that will never change the fact that Franco was an unrepentant psycho who terrorized Sam.

For the life of me, I will NEVER understand why they chose Franco as the character for RoHo to play.

• Love 16

What they HELL, did the dress KSt/Maxie in?!? A fitted cotton table cloth? That was horrible.

I think RP/Nathan lost some weight. I like it.  I enjoyed Mac & Nathan's scenes together.

Exactly. Roger looks so good in suits & they dress him like crap. Lol, he wore one gray suit so well on OLTL, I didn't hear any dialogue. I didn't really realize it until later when people at TWOP were talking about something important that was going on during the scene. All I remembered was the gray suit & vest, he had taken the jacket off. IMO, Pure perfection.

How in the world are RoHo & MSt good in scenes together? I'm baffled yet I'm enjoying being able to watch some of RoHo's scenes again. ITA, that he never should have been made Franco. Away from Carly/Sonny, I can think of him as another character & enjoy his scenes

I can not believe they even wasted the time to write those Sonny/Morgan scenes. "I want to tell you the truth but I can't tell you the truth yet I'm trying here to tell you the truth, yaknow" .

KW is another example of a female that helps to keep me going to the gym. She looks amazing.

I love Mac. I love how much he loves "his girls". Mac is an example of someone who loves their kids regardless of how stupid they become.

I'm tired of Levi & just want him to die.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5

In the GH in my head, NotToddFranco is not Scott's son, and not Jason's twin but Jason and Franco's triplet brother who also had a tumor. When Jason Quartermaine gets defrosted, along with the rest of the Quartermaines, not only does he hate Sonny and Carly but he also remembers being in the womb with Franco and NotToddFranco, and reveals to Port Charles that Franco is truly most sincerely dead and NotToddFranco was brainwashed to think he's Franco instead of Lilo Quartermaine.

Then they all kill Sonny and a unicorn appears in my back yard.

• Love 5
I love Mac. I love how much he loves "his girls". Mac is an example of someone who loves their kids regardless of how stupid they become.

I definitely don't want him to shun her, but maybe a word of reprimand once in a while when they're behind closed doors wouldn't be amiss. I mean, this stuff, fine, Levi IS manipulating her, but maybe a "that was uncool of you Maxie" when he found out she faked a surrogacy would have been nice.

If the TIIC claim to respect GH's history, why did they forget that Flea turned the Aztec jewelery over to the Mexican government.

When she said she had some piece of other broken up into two pieces because it was more convenient I was like, hey Barbie, did you just admit to disfiguring indigenous treasure? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

They'll never soften Franco, because he started life on GH as a SERIAL KILLER. I know Ron's desperately trying to handwave it all with the tumor removal and Franco making weak apologies (he's like Sonny in that way: "Why does everyone keep bringing it up? It was a tumor!"), but that will never change the fact that Franco was an unrepentant psycho who terrorized Sam.

For the life of me, I will NEVER understand why they chose Franco as the character for RoHo to play.

It's not just Sam, either - Franco killed a lot of people. It's particularly jarring to now hear that RH was potentially eyed to play Dr. Tom Hardy, or a Quartermaine cousin - all roles he could've done, and done well. But none of those characters would've been "Todd"-like.

The fear at GH seemed to be that with a 'straight' role, Roger Howarth would return to the Paul Ryan/ATWT zone, where he played a leading male but wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Howarth's time on ATWT started out with great fanfare on the part of CBS, then quickly devolved into an unpopular trainwreck. Finally, after a couple years, his role there settled into comfortable mediocrity, where he was maybe the second or third-tier lead, not really a serious going concern but they weren't gonna let him go, and Howarth was clearly just happy to not be playing a rapist anymore. GH, OTOH, is so anxious to recapture the "Todd" mojo - I don't think Howarth would have given a shit about that. And I think he stopped taking any of this too seriously the day they told him he would play Franco, and in this particular situation I can't blame him.

It's too bad they missed the forest for the trees, because I think Roger as Dr. Tom in some hot scrubs shoring up the hospital group, maybe getting some good scenes with Liz or Felicia or even mom Audrey, would've been good for both him and the show. He sure would've done better than fucking Michael Easton, who is beyond uncomfortable trying to play a doctor.

(As for the suits, I think RH did well in them as Todd but I think he looks fucking ridiculous as Post-Tumor Franco all dressed up, with the stubble and the hipster hair. He looks like he's at a job fair.)

• Love 8

It's not just Sam, either - Franco killed a lot of people.

And turned it into art.  He wasn't just killing people - he was exhibiting it, luxuriating in it, relishing it.  That, IMO, is impossible to come back from.

I remember when the show tried to get us to to feel bad for poor frowny Franco when he found out that the (numerous) families of his victims were suing him and had gotten his assets frozen. 

In what world are you supposed to sympathize with the SERIAL KILLER over his victims' families? 

Ron's world, apparently.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

IIRC they did maybe one day where either Franco or Diane dropped in some line which suggested, oh, he only allegedly killed all those people. I thought they were going to say that either he'd been framed or just stolen the bodies or something, but they never followed it up. I keep waiting for some bullshit like that to resurface, I know Ron is dying to do it to finally make the audience admit that Franco is a wonderful guy who is Just Like Todd. I expect them to pin it all on Heather.

• Love 1

JF Franco stomped on a homeless guy's windpipe and killed him onscreen right after he showed up.  But I'm sure that according to Ron, there's a DVD somewhere that proves that was just an illusion to fool the audience.

• Love 3

JF Franco stomped on a homeless guy's windpipe and killed him onscreen right after he showed up.  But I'm sure that according to Ron, there's a DVD somewhere that proves that was just an illusion to fool the audience.

I was about to ask that - I barely watched that crap but I do recall that, and I'm sure there's got to be at least two or three people we watched Original Franco kill onscreen.

Lulu, if all you're gonna be talking about is having another baby, then I'ma need you to go away.

Yes Sonny, Ava tricked you with her magic vajayjay.  She played you like a fiddle and you were too stupid to see it, but that doesn't change the fact that you murdered a man in cold blood, a man who was your golden child's bio dad and a man who said golden child loved very much.  You can try to spin it all you want, but you're not an innocent victim here, and you never were.

• Love 2

He killed that lady art dealer of his, which I only remember because it was the actress who played Naomi on "Lost".

I'm pretty sure he killed a guy or two at that outdoor Francophrenia exhibit thing at MOCA, too (the guy who fell off the building, and I think there was some guy he killed in a stairwell?)

He killed that lady art dealer of his, which I only remember because it was the actress who played Naomi on "Lost".

I remember that chick. Of course she was black, so she had to die.

I could swear I remember Guza saying something about the person who was originally earmarked for that role, or for an equivalent role in the storyline for his original stint - was Brenda supposed to be involved somehow? I can't remember.

Dude, I totally believe that MB has a clause in his contract to make his rivals look bad.

Dude, Ted King, IR, and Roger are hot. And can read. Deal with it, Maurice.

I think he has some revealing pictures of the ABC brass and animals. The man makes me stop watching.

• Love 3

I could swear I remember Guza saying something about the person who was originally earmarked for that role, or for an equivalent role in the storyline for his original stint - was Brenda supposed to be involved somehow? I can't remember.

I remember Franco sitting on an airplane looking at Brenda's picture in a magazine, but nothing ever actually happened with that.

• Love 1

Didn't he cheerily wave to Jason right after that too? And Jason acted like he fell in love at first sight after that. "Who was the man in the hood who waved at me? His eyes were so bright! I must know!"

• Love 4

I remember when Brenda first came back, there was a scene where someone approached Brenda on Franco's behalf.  Which made no sense to me because, at that point, that weird Francophenia thing had happened so the cat seemed to be out of the bag as far as him being a SERIAL KILLER.

Who can forget the scenes with Franco and Luke at the gallery on like, Day 1? It was clearly GH's pathetic attempt to roll out the red carpet for James Franco - 'we're putting him with our biggest of guns, 4-months-a-year veteran Tony Geary, here to leer at him suggestively. See, both Luke and James Franco are cool!' As always with Guza, GH was trying so hard to appeal to a primetime/cable demographic with that big intro - which is not a terrible idea, but they were always going about it in all the wrong ways. Please, give us jobs, any other jobs! It was like the longest midlife crisis ever, like watching my dad at the club.

Topic before we get moved, has NuFranco ever shared a scene with Luke? I can't recall.

Edited by jsbt

Why is Olivia still (psychotically) mooning over Sonny? It took her all of one minute to get over Steve, her fiance, when he was hauled away.

Because the wimmins never get over Sonny.... well unless they're dead

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

It's not just Sam, either - Franco killed a lot of people. It's particularly jarring to now hear that RH was potentially eyed to play Dr. Tom Hardy, or a Quartermaine cousin - all roles he could've done, and done well. But none of those characters would've been "Todd"-like.

The fear at GH seemed to be that with a 'straight' role, Roger Howarth would return to the Paul Ryan/ATWT zone, where he played a leading male but wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Howarth's time on ATWT started out with great fanfare on the part of CBS, then quickly devolved into an unpopular trainwreck. Finally, after a couple years, his role there settled into comfortable mediocrity, where he was maybe the second or third-tier lead, not really a serious going concern but they weren't gonna let him go, and Howarth was clearly just happy to not be playing a rapist anymore. GH, OTOH, is so anxious to recapture the "Todd" mojo - I don't think Howarth would have given a shit about that. And I think he stopped taking any of this too seriously the day they told him he would play Franco, and in this particular situation I can't blame him.

It's too bad they missed the forest for the trees, because I think Roger as Dr. Tom in some hot scrubs shoring up the hospital group, maybe getting some good scenes with Liz or Felicia or even mom Audrey, would've been good for both him and the show. He sure would've done better than fucking Michael Easton, who is beyond uncomfortable trying to play a doctor.

(As for the suits, I think RH did well in them as Todd but I think he looks fucking ridiculous as Post-Tumor Franco all dressed up, with the stubble and the hipster hair. He looks like he's at a job fair.)

Those great, potential roles weren't "dynamic" enough for Emmy winner Roger Howarth.  But, in all honesty, I don't think he's shown any Emmy caliber work since...Spring Fling.  @Grrpants09, yes, I do get your reference.  

BTW, if I am thinking what y'all are thinking, the grey suit, that was like, three sizes too small for him, was for Christmas, 2011, Manning Family Time.

• Love 2

Yes Sonny, Ava tricked you with her magic vajayjay.  She played you like a fiddle and you were too stupid to see it, but that doesn't change the fact that you murdered a man in cold blood, a man who was your golden child's bio dad and a man who said golden child loved very much.  You can try to spin it all you want, but you're not an innocent victim here, and you never were.

You guys are all so mean.  It wasn't Sonny's fault!!!   Ava's evil vagina TRAPPED him.   He was just a poor defenseless pawn in her evil scheme to take him down.  Hasn't he paid enough??  He lost the woman he loves (not the one that died in his arms, the other one he banged like a week later before his suit even got back from the cleaners), he lost his sons respect and he had to imprison the evil woman in HIS OWN home for weeks!   Doesn't anyone care that he has suffered too?  Why doesn't anyone understand him?? 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 15

You guys are all so mean.  It wasn't Sonny's fault!!!   Ava's evil vagina TRAPPED him.   He was just a poor defenseless pawn in her evil scheme to take him down.  Hasn't he paid enough??  He lost the woman he loves (not the one that died in his arms, the other one he banged like a week later before his suit even got back from the cleaners), he lost his sons respect and he had to imprison the evil woman in HIS OWN home for weeks!   Doesn't anyone care that he has suffered too?  Why doesn't anyone understand him?? 

That is exactly what RE-Ron would like to brainwash us into thinking. I know Sarcasm

• Love 1

It's kind of ironic that for all the bashing Sonny gave AJ about his supposed whining, Sonny is really the biggest whiner of them all. It's always somebody else's fault with Sonny.

It probably won't happen, but I wish someone would point this out to him.

• Love 3

And please, stand your ground, Ava. When you get an intruder, shoot. You've killed for less.

Funniest part about today was Ava's bodyguard not correcting Ava when she called Carly a "he".   Ava needs a new bodyguard.

Yea what was that?  The guard just lets anyone in?  I doubt Carly is on the 'must admit' list. 

I laughed like a hyena at Nina hiding in front of the ginormous plant, pretending to do something with her phone, to eavesdrop on Sonny and Franco.

Nina is so good at hiding and acting inconspicuous. Looks like Nina's also learned to use an iPhone.

Am I the only one who still doesn't quite buy that Ava's really pregnant?

I mean, sure, she had those tests in the trash in Puerto Rico, but I'm sure Ron will handwave something.

• Love 1

I mean, sure, she had those tests in the trash in Puerto Rico, but I'm sure Ron will handwave something.

She did have a pregnancy test at GH but Britt administered it so...

• Love 1

Well hello Det Special Kitty....my what a BIG gun you have. MEOW!

What they HELL, did the dress KSt/Maxie in?!? A fitted cotton table cloth? That was horrible.

I totally agree, It looked like she rolled herself up in a tablecloth.

Franco looks so schlepy. My husband knows Nina is crazy and never saw Franco before, he thought they were in a nut house courtyard b/c he thought Franco was a mentally ill patient. LOL He looks homeless to me.

Then he saw Levi and he said that dude is creepy, I said yah I call him the dunklemonkey.

Wow I was surpised how hott Mac looks in a suit.

I also LOL in the first scene when Lulu wonder where Dante has been and he said he'd been up all night "working"...yah THAT's what you and Anna call it..O-Kay.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

She did have a pregnancy test at GH but Britt administered it so...

I thought Britt offered to have someone else do it because Sonny didn't trust Britt after the Ben fiasco.  IIRC, Sonny agreed to the replacement, but I think Britt still gave them the results.  I can't remember.

Oh, Mac. Never let go of your hatred for Levi. Never!

I don't know why Franco always acts so jumpy around Sonny. If anything, Sonny should be jumpy around Franco. Not just because Franco knows Sonny shot AJ, but Franco is a SERIAL KILLER.

"He always refers to Carly as his ex-wife." Franco, that's what Carly is to Sonny. Four times. 

I laughed like a hyena at Nina hiding in front of the ginormous plant, pretending to do something with her phone, to eavesdrop on Sonny and Franco.

I know. Very inconspicuous, Nina.

I liked the pattern of Lulu's dress.

I'm surprised Levi is okay with going through with the bourgeois trappings of matrimony. A tuxedo?

Alice has already had the transplant surgery? Yesterday the only thing they knew was that Mickey and Alice had the same blood type. Not that I need to see every beat in this one, but how about we see Monica telling everyone the heart is a match? 

If she isn't, I don't see the baby surviving long. Sonny definitely doesn't need another kid, and Morgan being a young father would be disastrous for any story with him.

• Love 1

I respectfully disagree. I think RH works best as an anti-hero-esque character, and I have no doubt he would be rather milquetoast as anything else. Which is not to say making him Franco was a good (or sane) idea, because there are other more suitable roles for RH's schtick in the show, without  him having to become someone who's past would creep out Todd Manning himself. Really, with all the backpedalling and whitewashing Franco has undergone to become a viable lead, he has turned into as boring, and insipid as the roles FV/RC purposedly avoided trying to give RH in the first place. They had to put so much bleach on the character to clean him up he's just left with no color, or the edge they originally wanted for him.

Of course they could have been, you know, original, and written a new character for him, a grey one with issues and inner demons, but without the baggage and history of being a rape enabling serial killer. Could have been interesting.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4
Alice has already had the transplant surgery? Yesterday the only thing they knew was that Mickey and Alice had the same blood type. Not that I need to see every beat in this one, but how about we see Monica telling everyone the heart is a match?

Leslie Charleson is on a cruise, according to Ron. I'm sure she must be devastated to miss the climax of this story. Yes, devastated.

• Love 4

I thought Britt offered to have someone else do it because Sonny didn't trust Britt after the Ben fiasco.  IIRC, Sonny agreed to the replacement, but I think Britt still gave them the results.  I can't remember.

Britt replaced Dr. Chu at the last minute but offered that they could wait if it was a problem, Sonny mumbled some threats, and then Britt said that he could watch her walk the sample to the lab, which he agreed to.

I dunno what they're going to do with this baby.  They can't tock it right after Gabriel and neither Sonny or Morgan would benefit from this baby being around.

Edited by TeeVee329

So Sonny's going off the combined word of Ava and the doctor who stole his grandson?  He's a freaking genius. 

If I remember correctly, another doctor did witness the test and results.  But we didn't see it.  (Or at least I don't remember it)

Hey, Carly and Sonny:  Ava did not "move out of Sonny's house" - she ESCAPED.  That whole conversation between Sonny and Morgan was rage-inducing.  "Gimme a break here, Morgan"???  STFU.  Morgan better not fall for any of Sonny's narcissistic blame shifting.  Morgan's anger at Sonny has been one of the few nice things on this show, and he turns in to yet another Sonny-forgiving sheep, I am going to be so sad.

Franco and Nina didn't really bother me?  Is that possible?

• Love 3
Morgan's anger at Sonny has been one of the few nice things on this show, and he turns in to yet another Sonny-forgiving sheep, I am going to be so sad.

Of course he is. Everyone does on this show. I doubt their relationship will ever be sparkles and rainbows though . . . they're too much alike for that.

I dunno what they're going to do with this baby.  They can't tock it right after Gabriel and neither Sonny or Morgan would benefit from this baby being around.

This is Carlivati, he won't have any fear in tocking it. That said, I could see Ava faking it, faking a test saying it's Morgan's, realizing she's not gonna escape Sonny's clutches or something, so in one final act of revenge she kills herself and frames Sonny for it in Morgan's eyes. Or maybe Ava will just fake a miscarriage and blame it on Sonny. I do whatever the results come out, whether they're real or fake everyone will think it's Morgan's for a while.