Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Francie said:

I agree in part, and disagree in part. I don't think Frank tolerates much drama, but that's largely because he never acknowledges it. He doesn't need to accommodate in order to avoid it when he can simply ignore it altogether. Logan and Ron were having blow ups. Tony Geary and Ron were going at it. Bryan threatens to break our fingers. And Frank's typical reaction is: [crickets chirping].

I think he probably did talk to BC, but it just wasn't made public.   The bizareness of BC's posts suddenly went way down shortly after that.   We all know who won in the TG/Ron war.  There's probably a lot we don't know.  Anyway...OT.  

I wonder if Sabrina will sing her anthem.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

I understand, Cattitude. I'm cringing in embarrassment through most of it but I still like watching it. Or, it could be, that I'll make any excuse to eat popcorn and M&M' s.....

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Mine will be trying not to choke on my vomit and probably a lovely fish dish.   

When they brought back the Nurses Ball in 2013, the show at least two things right -- they had Jack Wagner and Rick Springfield play their signature hits, and they honored Jessie Brewer and Amy Vining. And aside from Kelly and Maks doing a tv-worthy jive, the performances were filler.**  Ever since then, the caliber of performances have all been filler, punctuated with the tiniest  bit of lip service toward fighting AIDS and a ton of bad plot contrivances. The bar for level of entertainment keeps getting lowered each year, too.  They've taken the filler and treated it as though it's fillet mignon. Magic Mike is back! And lots of lip synching to pop songs by mildly to moderately talented people! And perhaps an original song that only makes you think about reaching for the remote, but not bad enough for you to actually pick it up.

**The actress who play Epiphany can sing, but it's still filler in my book.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 8

Bruh.   I want to retire "You're Not Alone".  It's been used as a way to get a widower to believe in love again, an attempt to revive a dying baby, a way to reunite a mother and child (after she covered the murder of the father she kept him from his entire life), a reason to keep a guy's identity from him and his family,  a way to prop Jason, and way to make Liz look crazy.  It's done it's job.  We get it.  We aren't alone.  Sabrina is there.   

• Love 3
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

Maurice Benard is not the man running the show or running it into the ground. As a working actor in a threadbare industry who has to rely on his own self-promotion for survival, he capitalizes on the leverage they give him and their dogged belief that Sonny is the money. But it's been demonstrated numerous times that if he is paid and fed, he will do as he's told.

The Mo excuse soured for me ten years ago. Guza started marginalizing him around then and while there's still been way too much Sonny worship then and now, Maurice is not writing or producing this show. Getting rid of Sonny (which need never happen provided the character is put in a different place) is not even a fraction as much of a priority for me as firing the fuck out of Roger Howarth once and for all, along with Michelle Stafford and at least 30-40% of the cast, 60-90% of the writers and at this point probably the executive producer as well. MB is not running this show, nor has he had Geary-level power in years and years. Fight the real enemy and the Sonny problem can be contained. It's been done before.

All that said - and this has nothing to do with Maurice, I think it's all on the production's lazy ideas - Avery should be a) Morgan's child and b) dead, and no, those options are not mutually exclusive. That child has no reason to exist.

I don't think Mo has any great sway over TFGH, anymore than TG did. They have more control than most of the cast, but it is a dying genre. Considering he was second banana to Steve Burton and the show recasted his character, he probably realized there is just so much he can demand. 

After the latest hatchet job he did to yet another fan favorite character, Anna, I absolutely think FV should be fired, though I fear whoever replaces him.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

I thought you'd be ok with the NB, Chairperson Meow. Sonny is never in it, he is just in the audience sometimes. :)

I see him dancing, all happy.   His joy does not please me.    I thrive off of Sonny's misery.   It's what I imagine Sabrina means when she tells me I'm not alone.   But I do enjoy the dresses and the awkwardly placed sponsor spots.  

• Love 4

After the literally MONTHS of whining Michael has done about Sabrina, his rescuing of her, like, two seconds into the episode and their reunion was lackluster as fuck.  These writers just cannot pull off a big moment, can they?

Another thing this show does badly is friendships, given that Lucas and Brad apparently don't have any since they had to ask their tool dad, the sister they barely interact with, and the guy they almost had a threesome with to be their best men.  This whole thing is just such a joke!

I slipped into a WHO CARES! coma during those Rebecca Budig/Dr. Michael Easton scenes.

• Love 8
(edited)
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

After the literally MONTHS of whining Michael has done about Sabrina, his rescuing of her, like, two seconds into the episode and their reunion was lackluster as fuck.  These writers just cannot pull off a big moment, can they?

Another thing this show does badly is friendships, given that Lucas and Brad apparently don't have any since they had to ask their tool dad, the sister they barely interact with, and the guy they almost had a threesome with to be their best men.  This whole thing is just such a joke!

I slipped into a WHO CARES! coma during those Rebecca Budig/Dr. Michael Easton scenes.

I sat there for a good minute trying to figure out who the sister was - I honestly thought it was Carly before I remembered that Lucas is only allowed to interact with the Jeromes now

It actually should be Maxie since they've been friends and family for most of his life - but that would require "the writers" to give a single crap about GH history, so....

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

A Julexis baby?  Vomit.

Actually, a Julexis baby at this juncture would be a fairly dramatic development. Too bad TIIC are incapable of writing dramatic developments.

Agreed on the need for a teen set & some young 20s. Maybe then the writers could give all these teenybopper plots they keep cooking up to actual age-appropriate characters!

• Love 4

Y'know, in the old days, with all this animosity between them, Finn and Obrecht would be the next romantic duo.  But, then, these sure aren't the old days on GH.

Elizabeth, how can you tell someone is pale from behind?  And, if we're gonna talk pale...

I'm really getting tired of all the Hayden hate, especially from people who don't reasonably have cause to hate her.  And, if we're gonna blame children for the crimes of their fathers, everyone in town should hate, loathe, despise and abominate Morgan, Dante, Kris-  Oh, wait, that's Corinthos related and I've decided to ignore everything Corinthos related, so la la la...  I can't hearrrr you...

• Love 8

I love how they have Sabrina roll her Rs to let us know she Really Does Speak Spanish but when she is in Puerto Rico talking to a Puerto Rican with no other people in the room, they're speaking English. I guess the 5 cents subtitles would have cost went to Nurses Ball songs?

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I sat there for a good minute trying to figure out who the sister was - I honestly thought it was Carly before I remembered that Lucas is only allowed to interact with the Jeromes now

It actually should be Maxie since they've been friends and family for most of his life - but that would require "the writers" to give a single crap about GH history, so....

Thank You! I just bitched about this elsewhere. They completely ignore the Jones side of his family like they don't exist.

• Love 3

No more babies for Alexis, ESPECIALLY with Julian. (Yes, there's Sam, but that whole history is a clusterfuck...) And the fact that Kristina's AND Molly's fathers are also degrees of crazy and sickening, I think Alexis has had enough procreating with idiots.

And while I do (or did) like Alexis and like NLG, even if her character is younger than NLG, I think she's getting a bit too...mature, shall we say, to have another kid.

And didn't Alexis go through menopause for 3 seconds a few years ago?

• Love 7

Hayden sure didn't waste any time getting checks in her name. Heh.

If Finn is so renowned, and Hayden's father is so notorious, how come no one knows of the connection between his foundation and the swindle? So dumb.

50 minutes ago, admiralrodcocker said:

Wow, the cartoon anvils couldn't have dropped harder around Lucas' head today :(

Bye, Lucas, we hardly knew ye this time around! What a colossal waste. TFGH.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

You're totally right about Maxie, that's the obvious choice. 

But I think even Carly - who while she also rarely has meaningful interactions with him has been in his life a long time - would have made more sense than Sam.

And Brad asking Felix...there are no words.  They fought over Lucas, almost had a threesome, and HE'S your best man?  Naaahhh.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Primarily because NLG is a terrible actress. I don't see hot and steamy in those scenes. I see her making the same face she makes when she's about to cry and all the grunting isn't helping matters either. But I never could stand Alexis, so mileage varies and all that. For me, it's not her age so much as it is the way I feel like her alleged sexiness has been pushed by the show when, yeah, not so much. In much the same way most people never want to hear about Sonny's dimples ever again is how much I never again want to hear about Alexis's rack. But the bigger point I was trying to make is that I just think it's weird that all the big romances and big love scenes, which are the bread and butter of soaps, go to the most played-out members of the cast. Meanwhile, we have Michael and Dillon living like monks, Curtis who's seeing a woman who'll only do it if it's a major holiday and there's recently been a death in her family, and Lucas and Brad whose relationship has taken place almost entirely off-screen.

Lmao I'm dying at the major holiday & recent death in the family as the only way Curtis will get some from Val. Shit is funny. He is completely wasted on Val but life is wasted on her. I wish they put him with Hayden there smoking & send Val where she came from.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If not Felix, whom?

Right? And, I mean, I'm sorry, but we've barely seen Lucas/Brad as a couple long enough for any of this to really be meaningful. They don't even have friends or family that we've seen extensive bonding with. It's all falling so flat.

Meantime, I turned my TV 45 degrees and squinted and I think I saw Robin in the promo. This show is crap.

• Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If not Felix, whom?

Newly-shaved-head-again Bryan Craig's fiancee's character. 

1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Y'know, in the old days, with all this animosity between them, Finn and Obrecht would be the next romantic duo.  But, then, these sure aren't the old days on GH.

I'd dig it.

But Self-righteous Michael Easton Character is the worst variety of Michael Easton Character, and Finn can also get an axe from Donna Mills if he continues that.

I don't care about Hayden, and I like Finn, but it's like, hey Dr Harlequin Romance name, you're only on this show out of sheer pity/nepotism from the EP, please shut up.

Sonny yelling "bang!" was embarrassing.

I enjoyed Diane. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If not Felix, whom?

A picture of Britt?  One of his gay friends whose wedding Brad bitched about going to, even if he was a silent dayplayer? 

What's sad is I dunno.  I just feel like this would never happened with a straight couple, the best man would never be someone who had been in a love triangle with them.  I mean, is Liz gonna stand up for Sam if she and Jason ever get remarried?

They keep talking about how they can celebrate with "friends and family" at the Nurses' Ball, but Brad has zero in either category.  It just shows, to HeatLifer's point, that the show refused to invest in these characters and their relationship.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Francie said:

I'm curious -- why would that matter? I don't see her in possession of any "blow the lid off of everything" secret.

Frank:  Michelle, we're letting you go.

Michelle: I'm going to take a page out of the Scientology playbook, and I'm going to out you if you go through with this.

Frank:  Yeah, the cat's be let out the bag on that one.

They've created way too many pointless babies lately. We'd be better off without Maxie's baby, Olivia and Jerome's baby, or Sabrina and Carlos's. 

My girl Maxie baby is nothing but a plot point baby. Has been since her creation which was an insult too the intelligence in itself. She was nothing but a means to an end too put Maxie back with that baboon Spin because that sorry ass pairing couldn't get back together any other way. But BA thankfully leaving killed that. They knew he was leaving so why not make it Lante's. Know no one wants to rectify the situation that Ron created. All the beats with Maxie being a heart transplant survivor was ignored in her pregnancy (the risk too her heart by trying to carry a baby too term). There is no point of baby Georgie because show has repeatly shown they have no interest in Maxie being a mother & unless it involves reuniting her with Spinsuck(Ron). Maxie is legacy & Georgie is legacy but they can give too shits about either. It's so bad I can't name one scene that Mac has had onscreen with baby G. Which why I wish they kill her off & I don't like that I have too feel that way.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, NiqueAlexis said:

It's so bad I can't name one scene that Mac has had onscreen with baby G.

You and me are like this about that.  How cute would Grandpa Mac cooing over baby Georgie be, why it hasn't happened on-screen is beyond me.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just feel like this would never happened with a straight couple, the best man would never be someone who had been in a love triangle with them.  I mean, is Liz gonna stand up for Sam if she and Jason ever get remarried?

Probably not that, but I would not be surprised if Valerie ended up Lulu's maid of honor. And it will be Valerie's only appearance. Cause you know, that'll totally satisfy anyone who wants to see more of her and make her detractors like her.

My point being Lucas/Brad obviously get the worst treatment but they plot point random shit onto the straight people too at times.

• Love 7

Not sure why Val needed to make an appearance. 

I'm hoping beyond hope that Brad is the one to get injured/die instead of Lucas. 

If stupid bitch ass Nik needs some money how about selling the creepy castle. Or the compound in Greece.

Tired of people acting like it's Hayden's fault that her father is a thief. STFU assholes.

STFU Julian. Why would anyone attending the nurse's ball/wedding care about what you've been doing? And even if people did gossip I hardly doubt it would "ruin" the wedding. 

STFU Alexis talking about how you have to turn Julian in so you can sleep at night and so your kids won't judge you. Where was this worry when you married him despite knowing he murdered Duke or when you were fucking terrorist Jerry.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You and me are like this about that.  How cute would Grandpa Mac cooing over baby Georgie be, why it hasn't happened on-screen is beyond me.

They don't care. I had too think real hard on Georgie & Felicia. They act like spinsuck created that baby himself so they only care about Baby G on his end. They should've just had him knock up Ellie & left Maxie the fuck out of it. Once she got her shit together they could've later on had her be preggo & we go through the motions of her having her 1st child, them giving a shit about it & Mac/Felicia /Frisco having there first grandchild & them bonding with it onscreen. But nooooooo.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Not sure why Val needed to make an appearance. 

To remind us a) she's related to Lucas and b) that she and Curtis are A Thing, which I had actually totally forgotten about.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I swear, in the past few years, this show legit doesn't give one crap about letting parents have actual relationships and bonding time with their kids. They've all pretty much been used as plot points. Whether it's to accept a sidepiece (see: Emma, Danny, Spencer) or to prolong a triangle (see: Jake) or used in a mob battle (see: Avery)....it's never ORGANIC. I get that a lot of fans don't care about kids (myself included), but you can't completely ignore a parent/child relationship either.

• Love 7
(edited)

I fast forwarded a lot of this ep and I didn't hate what I did watch but I have nothing to say. Everything I watched was mostly fine but like meh.

Oh, one thing, why is Curtis being wasted on Valerie? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This made me realize that they also put Jordan/Andre together. And made Curtis related to Jordan. I mean come on!

They're just ex in laws.

30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well I think Curtis is heading to Rebecca Budig, right?

I don't think they'll happen. They don't play up any romantic tension whatsoever. If anything I can see her going to Finn..or continue to torture herself with Nik. Though I didn't mind the wrestling today**hangs head ashamedly**.

Liz telling her best friend who TRIED TO HAVE A WOMAN'S FUCKING BRAIN BLOWN OUT OVER MONEY that Hayden deserves to be in jail for not telling Nik about her daddy is probably the most un self aware moment I've ever seen any fictional character have. It's mind boggling, it is.

• Love 14
(edited)

In anticipation of tomorrow's nurses ball, I'm having horrible flashbacks to moments from the resurrected nurses ball --

Leslie and Jane being forced to dance back up to Epiphany;

Tony Geary's leering at all the women in the room;

Kelly Monaco not knowing any of the words to "I don't care" other than "bitch" and "I don't care!";

Alexis's plunging necklines; 

Bradford Anderson singing all 142 verses of the Tootsie song (Take a page out of American Idol, guys, and keep performances to 2 minutes or so);

Spinelli being part of the original Magic Milo act;

the entire Magic Milo acts (sorry, not sorry, not my cup of tea);

"You're not alone anymore;"

Everyone ho humming the near murder of two 9-year-olds;

Anna sitting there and not going Game of Thrones the second Dr. O first took the stage;  

Lucy's "And now, Kiki Jerome and People She's Never Talked to Before;

Mac and the dummy act;

and the most horrifying horror of all:  Richard Simmons.  

Yeah, it's safe to say I'm over -- totally and completely over -- the nurses ball.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Michael and Sonny were in the air when STupbrina had the gun pulled on her.  Why couldn't they get stuck in traffic?

Why did Sonny have to be involved in the Michael/Sabrina story at all?  I swear, the writers won't allow Michael to move left or right without bumping into Sonny or Carly.  It drives me fucking CRAZY!!  Chad can more than hold his own and can start taking a lead on GH, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon.  A previous poster nailed it when they said that the writers refuse to allow the younger generation to take over.  For whatever reason, the younger characters must be coddled, and led, and guided to death.  Whether it's Michael, Morgan, Kiki, Kristina, etc., it's like they can't have their own lives because it would mean that the older group would get marginalized.  I love the vets, and I love Moe and Laura and Maura and all the rest, but geez, let the younger actors have their OWN freakin storylines.  Michael should have gone off on his own to Puerto Rico to rescue Sabrina.  Heck, let him steal Sonny's jet by lying his way aboard.  Let him get into a dangerous situation where he fights the bad guys, rescues the girl (even though he pretty much did), and even have an all-out argument with her if he wanted, but nope . . . Sonny had to come in and take up half the time in Puerto Rico to ask the SAME damn questions he's been asking for months.  Julian, Julian, Julian.  I need a break from Sonny and Anna constantly talking about Dewk and trying to avenge him.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 11

I don't have a problem with putting two black characters together romantically since that is the way it happens in real life the majority of the time. At the same time, I'm also in favor of seeing interracial relationships onscreen, although I do think it's weird that the people in the relationship hardly ever talk about race (not on GH in particular, just in scripted shows generally). I'm mixed race, and therefore every single relationship I've ever been in has been interracial and it's a topic that comes up a fair bit in normal conversation. Maybe writers think it looks more enlightened to completely ignore it, but it really isn't.

5 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

Liz telling her best friend who TRIED TO HAVE A WOMAN'S FUCKING BRAIN BLOWN OUT OVER MONEY that Hayden deserves to be in jail for not telling Nik about her daddy is probably the most un self aware moment I've ever seen any fictional character have.

It was more that with the diamonds as proof, Nik can show that Hayden is hiding money that her father stole from clients, but otherwise I agree with you. Liz was salivating over the idea of Hayden in prison. Ha, that Liz. Always wanting people to pay for their crimes. Oh wait.

Sabrina's hair looks like it grew a foot while she was on maternity leave.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Liz was salivating over the idea of Hayden in prison. Ha, that Liz. Always wanting people to pay for their crimes. Oh wait.

Considering the hostility between Liz and Hayden, I thought it was normal for Liz to want Hayden in jail. If the tables were turned, Hayden would want the same for Liz.

• Love 3

Mmmaybe. I get the sense that Hayden just finds Liz irritating like a housefly, but doesn't bear Liz the same kind of ill will that Liz has for her. I don't think Hayden cares what happens to Liz as long as she doesn't have to put up with her personally.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Considering the hostility between Liz and Hayden, I thought it was normal for Liz to want Hayden in jail. If the tables were turned, Hayden would want the same for Liz.

This!  Haychel has been nasty to Elizabeth since she first knocked on her front door and lied about being Jake Doe's wife.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Vella said:

I'm just so damn eager for the day where Liz realizes that Nikolas truly, truly, TRULY is in love with Hayden.  I just need THAT moment.

He already gave her a Bullet of Love. Sure, it was delivered by proxy but it wasn't cheap! And he's  never even thought about paying  anyone to shoot Liz. How much more proof is required?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Hayden has never been self righteous and said things like "Liz doesn't deserve forgiveness" while making fun of her and delighting in her torment with her BFF aka: "Man who tied to blow her brains out over money". Nor did Hayden ever tell an apparently HUGE, marriage destroying secret to Liz's husband without letting Liz do so, even though she begged to be given the chance, even though she was once bestowed the same kindness by someone else when having to fess up to her own dirty deeds.

If the shoe were on the other foot, sure Hayden would feel the same....and can you blame her. I sure as all fucking hell wouldn't.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 9