Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Were Anna & Griffin & Hayden & the new guy supposedly at the outdoor ice crea, place at the same time? They showed them in different conversations sitting at little bistro setts but not together but in similar time frames. And, yes it did look like it was The Company set from GL. It was very un-ABC like.

Anna about Duke yesterday:  "He never lost his humanity."

Umm, Anna, Duke put a hit out on a young, female police commissioner for no other reason than she was trying to do her job. I'd say that's the very definition of losing one's humanity.  Try again, Anna.

This from a Show that will let us never ever forget that Julian killed Duke, Ava killed Kannie, and the Jeromes can never ever escape Da Business, because Reasons of Evil.

BTW, the Sonny/Ava détente interactions are.... strangly unnerving, with NOT seeing Sonny automatically break a smartphone because Ava was calling, as well as Sonny NOT going into a instastream of SLUTTRAMPWHORE tirade against Ava.

• Love 3

I thought that was Helena at her finest. It was the only bequest that made any sense to me. The penny and leaving Nik nothing was petty (though Nik deserved it), and the key and empty envelope are just dumb, because the writers are never going to show any creativity there. An empty envelope = an empty womb? *rme* Did someone just read the Symbolism chapter in a lit-crit textbook?

I think it's all lame, because the person at the center of the drama is gone. And yeah, I do think Helena is truly dead. There's nothing to be mined from Helena giving Alexis the knife. Nothing at all, other than to see Alexis shrieking, and we've all seen that before. It was pointless and it can't lead anywhere, unless the point of the knife-no pun intended-is that there will be a rewrite, and Helena never killed whatsherface at all.

Please, just no.

For that reason, I'd be awfully suspicious of that portrait if I were Nik. I'd be checking it for a hidden camera and also making sure it wasn't made with paint that would give off toxic fumes designed to eventually kill me. 

Seriously.  Throw it in a dumpster and walk away.  If it shows back up in your house the next morning, call a priest and a SWAT team. 

• Love 8

So. Morgan's fucking voice over the phone of ONE of the women he cheated on Sleeping fucking Beauty with is what wakes her up?

Not sure what's more laughable. The Hayden shit or thus MorKi shit. At least Morgan didn't have Kiki shot purposely, but he Boned her mom....no biggie. It's like a damn fairytale.

• Love 9
BTW, the Sonny/Ava détente interactions are.... strangly unnerving, with NOT seeing Sonny automatically break a smartphone because Ava was calling, as well as Sonny NOT going into a instastream of SLUTTRAMPWHORE tirade against Ava.

I know. I'm also surprised he didn't tell her Avery didn't miss her at all.

Edited by dubbel zout

I know that there are reasons to question just how “good” Duke was in the past.  However, for me, that didn’t take away from enjoying Finola’s performance as Anna – with her feeling for Griffin because he had grown up never knowing Duke – and with the peace and comfort she felt with having Griffin enter her life.  Sentimental, I know – but it’s a soap, right?!

Still on the topic of performance, I also enjoyed Maura’s very real presentation of a worried mother coping with a seriously injured child. 

I’m still pondering the fallout from Helena’s will – I’m sure that fallout is going to create considerable conversation going forward.

Horny Nik again – that man could sex away what’s left of his Cassadine fortune!!

Surprisingly, Hayden’s conflict is becoming more interesting for me.  She doesn’t quite know which way to go.  I do like the foil that Curtis provides for her as someone who knows the truth about Nikolas and who appears to be genuinely interested in helping her.  I’m not sure I see a romantic relationship in the future between Curtis and Hayden – as some do; however, I do like the different sides we see of both of them in their conversations. 

Curtis remains an enigma to me – and I’m very interested in seeing more of his character’s qualities and his past revealed.  As it stands now, he is a different man with each of the three women currently crossing his path – Jordan, Hayden and Valerie – and his scenes with all three can help to tell more of his story.  I know some deride his scenes with Val– some simply because she is Valerie and minds have been closed on her.  But, setting aside those opinions, I see her as an appropriate person to be in Curtis’ life right now.  At this point, Curtis has taken an interest in Valerie and has shown that he is very keen to tell her his side of the story – and don’t some of us want to hear that story???  As Valerie said to Dante yesterday, she is willing to give Curtis a chance because she knows what it’s like to want to be judged for the person you are or are trying to be – rather than for past mistakes.  So she is perfectly positioned to be the one to give him a chance, the chance she wants for herself and is willing to give him.  Whether or not anything more develops in their relationship remains to be seen.  In the meantime, I’m going to appreciate learning more about both of them – especially Curtis – and seeing them establish a friendship (if that’s all it is) – something they both need.

My line of the day - Curtis to Hayden:  "The husband that tried to kill you?" 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2

Kiki wakes up because of Morgan's voice. OK. Show, you are never going to sell me on this deep love. Morgan cheated on her with her MOTHER and then with terribly named Darby. Not because of being bipolar but because he's an ass. Let's not forget that. 

• Love 15

Outdoor scenes I can handle. Just not with the crappy cameras, ala GL. That was terrible to watch.

Sets? If they don't want to deal with the Webber set, fine. Just have Liz buy Robin's house. Or even Dante and Lulu. Point being this: they have a ton of sets. They can pull a couple of them out every once in awhile. Repurpose them. Why build they new sets, only to abandon them?

I don't think they abandon them, they just let them sit for a really long time. For example, the hospital locker room/bathroom hadn't been seen in ages but in the past two weeks or so they've busted it out again.

Someone said maybe they're building new sets out of some of the usual current ones, because we've been seeing a lot of old/rarely seen sets (the nice docks, the hospital bathroom, the evidence room at the PCPD) and it looks like they've re-purposed a bit of the loft in the previews. I think it may have some validity. 

re: Kiki and Morgan, it's not so much that I think Morgan screwing with Darby is so horrible on his part, I just don't buy that Kiki loves him enough to put up with all this bullshit, whether is legitimately beyond his control or not. I don't buy that she loves him enough to want to deal with all this. And I'm not saying that in a mean way, like she's not strong enough or brave enough or what have you, just that she was in love with his brother for almost two years, then they were like "hey we're bored and not doing anything, let's hook back up" and then a month later he was talking about his awesome connection to Aunt Denise and sleeping with her. It just does not compute to what's going on now with them.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
I don't buy that she loves him enough to want to deal with all this.

I know. They have too many other problems besides Morgan's mental illness that they need to deal with. I also don't think HE and BC have much romantic chemistry, so that makes it harder to buy a relationship. Morgan and Lauren work as friends for me, but they are hopeless as a couple.

• Love 6

And then there is Dante.  I wasn’t sold on his initial going after Valerie when she tried to leave the room yesterday.  However, once I saw where those scenes were going, I thought they turned in reasonably mature, positive scenes about being friends (but more in the future than in the present) … about caring about family … and about accepting the reality that their lives are going to intersect.   And that is a reality!!!  Dante and Valerie work in the same place and Valerie's surname is still Spencer.  Therefore, I see yesterday’s scenes as setting parameters for those times that they might cross paths in the immediate future – and, for me, that is a good thing.  And for those times when the inevitable forgiveness comes - that forgiveness which happens in most stories like this. 

This was a kind of closure before moving on – for now - until time and distance have a chance to heal the wounds. And, let’s face it: Even in real life, such wounds sometimes heal. And wounds darn well heal on soapa where people have done much worse to each other and moved past those hurts – including in Lulu’s and Dante’s lives. Hey, Dante forgave Sonny for almost killing him. Lulu forgave Maxie for betraying her with Logan – and for breaking up Lucky’s marriage to Liz … and she forgave Nik and Liz for their affair which hurt Lucky so badly.   Of all kinds of other more grievous sins committed by characters - including family members - against each other. 

For those still doubting, do take note of one line in Dante’s dialogue: “We’re friends, aren’t we? I know that it’s going to be a while before we’re able to act like it.” So, for those thinking that Dante is being clueless – that he is being an insensitive tool – please note that HE KNOWS THEY CAN’T BE FRIENDLY RIGHT NOW. And Valerie knows it, too, when she says: “I look forward to the day when we can look back at this as just an ugly part of our past.” But she also knows that now is not the time.

Moving on …

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3

At least Morgan didn't have Kiki shot purposely, but he Boned her mom....no biggie. It's like a damn fairytale.

And Kiki boned his brother, for close to a year.  A year in which Morgan was - on-screen - in love with Ava.  Are we supposed to assume that Morgan and Keeks were secretly in love that whole time?  It's just so stupid.  And it might be excusable if, as dubbel zout pointed out, there was scorching hot chemistry between HE and BC, but there's just not.

Also, for the record, I only hold the sex with AvaDenise again Morgan.  Considering Keeks had just dumped him publically to smooch his brother, I don't consider him sexing up Ava the first time cheating.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
They have too many other problems besides Morgan's

The WHINING from Kiki and Morgan - smh.

This viewer has a hard enough time keeping my television screen relatively free from imagined projectiles when their caring and selfless parents show up on screen.  Please send them back to college.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3

Damn. Michael must really be bad in bed, or Morgan must be really good in bed. I don't want to find out, so I'll take Show's word for it. They both seem like petulant little boys.

Morgan's good in bed. They've pretty much established that's one of his few talents. That, and smelling things.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Anna, STFU. Duke isn't magically this innocent person caught in the crossfire of a mob war. He CHOSE to be in the mob and NOT to help a friend, but for revenge. Your rewrite of history is bordering on Carly's delusions. Stop.

• Love 11

Morgan's good in bed. They've pretty much established that's one of his few talents. That, and smelling things.

I'm glad he's got um talents. His parents must be proud.

Anna, STFU. Duke isn't magically this innocent person caught in the crossfire of a mob war. He CHOSE to be in the mob and NOT to help a friend, but for revenge. Your rewrite of history is bordering on Carly's delusions. Stop.

He betrayed AJ! The only man who was willing to hire him!

• Love 7

He betrayed AJ! The only man who was willing to hire him!

^^Fuck Duke.^^ Traitor. How do you just up and decide to work as a proxy mob boss and help cover up the outright MURDER of the only guy out there willing to give you a real job? And Anna is delusional to keep pushing this belief that Duke was some sort of innocent lamb who was just murdered out of the blue. Edited by stlbf
  • Love 12

Damn. Michael must really be bad in bed, or Morgan must be really good in bed. I don't want to find out, so I'll take Show's word for it. They both seem like petulant little boys.

ulkis already commented on Morgan, but I still remember Kiki commenting on Michael once after they slept together - "that was nice". The kiss of death. 

• Love 2

And then there is Dante. I wasn’t sold on his initial going after Valerie when she tried to leave the room yesterday. However, once I saw where those scenes were going, I thought they turned in a reasonably mature, positive scenes about being friends (but more in the future than in the present) … about caring about family … and about accepting the reality that their lives are going to intersect. And that is a reality!!! Dante and Valerie work in the same place and Valerie surname is still Spencer. Therefore, I see yesterday’s scenes as setting parameters for those times that they might cross paths in the immediate future – and, for me, that is a good thing. And for those times when the inevitable forgiveness comes - that forgiveness which happens in most stories like this.

This was a kind of closure before moving on – for now - until time and distance have a chance to heal the wounds. And, let’s face it: Even in real life, such wounds sometimes heal. And wounds darn well heal on soapa where people have done much worse to each other and moved past those hurts – including in Lulu’s and Dante’s lives. Hey, Dante forgave Sonny for almost killing him. Lulu forgave Maxie for betraying her with Logan – and for breaking up Lucky’s marriage to Liz … and she forgave Nik and Liz for their affair which hurt Lucky so badly. Of all kinds of other more grievous sins committed by characters - including family members - against each other.

For those still doubting, do take note of one line in Dante’s dialogue: “We’re friends, aren’t we? I know that it’s going to be a while before we’re able to act like it.” So, for those thinking that Dante is being clueless – that he is being an insensitive tool – please note that HE KNOWS THEY CAN’T BE FRIENDLY RIGHT NOW. And Valerie knows it, too, when she says: “I look forward to the day when we can look back at this as just an ugly part of our past.” But she also knows that now is not the time.

Moving on …

Maxie never betrayed Lulu with Logan they were never friends when that happen. They hated & despised each other in 2007.

Oh yeah, re Dante and Lulu:

If yesterday is any indication, every time they show up in a scene, no matter how disconnected. each one will have the urge to say, in effect: "Yes! Even though we're officially divorced, we're back together because we had great sex!"

BM was practically kissing Kelly's boobs today. 

For the love of god can Kristina just tell them already. How many scenes are we going to get over and over about how she needs time.

They sure arent being suble with Franco/Liez. She deserves to be in between those 2 freaks Nina/Franco. 

• Love 5

All the "The last person I would date is Franco!/Liz is just a friend!" dialogue today sent a shiver of dread down my spine.  Piph's right, the last place Liz needs to be is in the middle of two nutjobs.  And as she said, she should never EVER trust him.  Why are we supposed to be rooting for Franco slash this potential pairing? 

STOP IT, SHOW!

• Love 5

Jason laughing that Sam is taking Helena seriously and then asking how they divided up the penny was freaking hilarious. If I ignore the history of Jason Morgan, I adore this dude. IDC, he's adorbs.

Sam acting offended that Helena didn't deem her worthy of an individual mention was so dumb. Girl, the woman was a psychotic evil nut job?

So this show thinks it's a good idea to put Liz directly in the middle of another couple? SMH.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

So this show thinks it's a good idea to put Liz directly in the middle of another couple? SMH.

I don't think that is the main problem in this case.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I don't think that is the main problem in this case.

I think the Franco part has been covered by many people and it goes without saying. I'm personally sick of Liz in any type of triangle. That's actually my main issue with how they treat her character.

• Love 4

I think the Franco part has been covered by many people and it goes without saying. I'm personally sick of Liz in any type of triangle. That's actually my main issue with how they treat her character.

oh, definitely. But . . . is there a chance that they might actually make a Franco/Liz a couple couple? Michelle Stafford said in a recent interview that there would be trouble for them, and the lack of Franco and Nina in the HALLELUJAH promo have caused some people to speculate they will be out of each other's orbits for a while.

• Love 1

oh, definitely. But . . . is there a chance that they might actually make a Franco/Liz a couple couple? Michelle Stafford said in a recent interview that there would be trouble for them, and the lack of Franco and Nina in the HALLELUJAH promo have caused some people to speculate they will be out of each other's orbits for a while.

If we went by the Hallelujah Uh Huh Yeah promo, Sam and Lulu will be in a love triangle with Dr. Michael Easton.

Also, Sam wants a divorce TWO DAYS before Dr. Michael Easton arrives. Oh, show.

IMO, all this noise about Nina maybe being able to get pregnant after all means she's gonna catch Franco and Liz all close, screw some dude (maybe Dr. Michael Easton), and get preggers.  And that'll be the trouble between them.

Edited by TeeVee329

If we went by the Hallelujah Uh Huh Yeah promo, Sam and Lulu will be in a love triangle with Dr. Michael Easton.

God, at this point, I will take it, if it means Dante gets a taste of his own medicine. I need a scene of Lulu undoing Easton's teeny man-bun, running her hands through the loose hair and Dante watching, mumbling to himself about how he's gonna grow his hair even longer . . . . 

IMO, all this noise about Nina maybe being able to get pregnant after all means she's gonna catch Franco and Liz all close, screw some dude (maybe Dr. Michael Easton), and get preggers.

:shudder:

I think the show is getting to us, because we're starting to come up with more twisted/cynical scenarios than they can dream of.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

God, at this point, I will take it, if it means Dante gets a taste of his own medicine. I need a scene of Lulu undoing Easton's teeny man-bun, running her hands through the loose hair and Dante watching, mumbling to himself about how he's gonna grow his hair even longer . . . .

Who told you this was OK?

• Love 16

I need a scene of Lulu undoing Easton's teeny man-bun, running her hands through the loose hair 

No, no, no! 

I will accept a GH that irritates me, but I don't want scenes that literally will disgust me, since I'm usually eating lunch while I watch.  All I can  say about this is, "Ewwwwwwwww!"

• Love 5

Who told you this was OK?

I'm not naming names, but someone told me they were going to go take care of their sick grandmother for two days and then went to Canada instead! I wouldn't've said it if they hadn't LIED!

• Love 15

For the love of god can Kristina just tell them already. How many scenes are we going to get over and over about how she needs time.

I don't blame her for not opening up to Sonny, his demanding that she open up and tell him her secret on his schedule was very annoying.

• Love 6

I'm not naming names, but someone told me they were going to go take care of their sick grandmother for two days and then went to Canada instead! I wouldn't've said it if they hadn't LIED!

I'm just gonna wait here until you apologize, which you won't, but I'll forgive you, anyway.

• Love 8
I don't blame her for not opening up to Sonny, his demanding that she open up and tell him her secret on his schedule was very annoying.

He's just the worst, all the way around. Everything is always about him.

• Love 2

Oh, yeah Sonny will be the worst. Its just the repetitive scenes over and over about it that does my head in.

So Liz just leaves the crazy book on top of the locker? Yeah, no.

So they decided to use Bobbie in their real women issue? Yeah, I'm sorry (seriously, I am sorry), but no. 

So Maxie has a calendar that has the Ides of March written on the 15th but she doesn't know where the phrase comes from, or at the very least, doesn't come from? It's fine if she doesn't know but then it's weird that she bought some calendar that says that. 

Maxie: outside of Nathan, this magazine is the most important thing to me.

I don't care that they don't show Maxie as prioritizing her baby (imo she should have never had Georgie), but don't give me lines like these and then later give me lines of Maxie saying her time away from Georgie is so horrible or whatever it is they have her say when the baby pops up.

Nina's dress looked good on her.

Jason's new set is grey? I'm shocked!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Julian is a little bitch. Offer to see Crimson to Nina and be done with it. Dumbass bastard. 

Shall we take bets on how long it will be before Liez gets involved with Franco?

I wish Kristina would hurry up and come out. Maybe I'm giving Sonny too much credit but I don't really think he will have a problem with Kristina be gay or bi or confused and I'm almost certain Alexis won't. Though, she should probably leave out the part about her offering to have sex with her professor. 

I'm surprised Sam and Jason haven't had sex yet. 

• Love 4

Will Sam ever give NuJason his box of Pain?

It is scary that the serial killer cares more about what happened to Jake than his very own mother.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 2

I think that song just got stuck in my head.

So Maxie has a calendar that has the Ides of March written on the 15th but she doesn't know where the phrase comes from, or at the very least, doesn't come from? It's fine if she doesn't know but then it's weird that she bought some calendar that says that.

Maxie: outside of Nathan, this magazine is the most important thing to me.

I don't care that they don't show Maxie as prioritizing her baby (imo she should have never had Georgie), but don't give me lines like these and then later give me lines of Maxie saying her time away from Georgie is so horrible or whatever it is they have her say when the baby pops up

See it's shit like this that irks me. I've never seen a show so disinterested in someone being a mother too there child. Maxie never needed a child & was happy being one of those chicks who wasn't interested in having a child. Instead these Dick's (Ron & Co) saddled her with a baby for the sole reason of sticking her & Spin back together but BA leaving changed everything. So know my girl looks like a shitty mother cause they've no interest in her being a mother unless involves sticking her back with that soul sucking ass. As evident by Ron bringing Spin back last year & the offensive writing of her not being able too be a full time mother unless she lived a lie by forcing herself too love someone she doesn't love all In order too be a mother.

I don't even fault Maxie cause I see this shitfest for what it really is but it still makes her look horrible. I willn't swallow someone with her abandonment issues wouldn't prioritize her child or not fight for full custody of her baby. Those issues cut her deep.

I long said they need too shit or get off The pot when it comes to Maxie/Georgie. They either need too give her Georgie or kill her off. Know the last thing Maxie needs is another loss but something has too give. Stop dangling that baby as a carrot like you care about her being a mother when you don't.

Edited by NiqueAlexis
  • Love 4

I long said they need too shit or get off The pot when it comes to Maxie/Georgie. They either need too give her Georgie or kill her off. Know the last thing Maxie needs is another loss but something has too give. Stop dangling that baby as a carrot like you care about her being a mother when you don't.

I don't think they need that. Just like a scene maybe where they acknowledge that Ellie is more or less her mother or they have Maxie officially adopt her and Maxie talk about how she wasn't ready to be a mother or something. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Maxie isn't a bad or uncaring mother because her daughter isn't living with her. It's not as if Spin and Ellie aren't taking excellent care of Georgie. They are, and it's been acknowledged onscreen more than once. Maxie's career is important to her, so shouldn't she be able to devote herself to it? Men do it all the time, and they usually aren't called crappy fathers. And let's face it, people would knock Maxie for spending too much time at work if Georgie were living with her. Women can't win.

I don't think Maxie is being shown in a bad light by not mentioned Georgie today. It's an oversight, sure, but it doesn't mean she doesn't love or miss Georgie. I like that we're seeing a slightly unusual custody arrangement working to the advantage of both parents. 

• Love 6

Maxie isn't a bad or uncaring mother because her daughter isn't living with her. It's not as if Spin and Ellie aren't taking excellent care of Georgie. They are, and it's been acknowledged onscreen more than once. Maxie's career is important to her, so shouldn't she be able to devote herself to it? Men do it all the time, and they usually aren't called crappy fathers. And let's face it, people would knock Maxie for spending too much time at work if Georgie were living with her. Women can't win.

I don't think Maxie is being shown in a bad light by not mentioned Georgie today. It's an oversight, sure, but it doesn't mean she doesn't love or miss Georgie. I like that we're seeing a slightly unusual custody arrangement working to the advantage of both parents. 

I don't think Maxie is a bad mom cause she spends time at work, it's that she said, "outside of Nathan, Crimson is the most important thing to me". It's the Nathan part I'm questioning.

ETA: Edited because I don't think Maxie spends too much time at work at all.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Haven't been watching lately. Just get what I need from ur fabulous posts. So Helena had a will reading and didn't even mention Robin? The woman that brought her back to life. Pretty funny.