Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Genie Francis also brought money and notoriety to the genre and has barely been treated to common courtesy in return. And didn't she have to save Geary by returning as Laura because be flopped on his own as Bill? He has not earned or deserves a vanity project; no actor in any genre does, unless they want to finance it themselves. I highly doubt even big stars like Viola Davis and James Spader are given this much rope.

Can't speak on Viola Davis, but everything I have heard/read about James Spader suggests that he has a very Spencer Tracy-ish approach to his profession (i.e., "Show up on time, know your lines, and don't trip over the furniture").  Of the many memorable roles he had throughout his career, I can think of only one where he is on record as saying that he went to his director with an idea about a different way to approach playing the role*, and even then he makes it clear that if the director had not gone with his idea, he would have happily played the role as the director indicated he should.  The point being, not only would the actors you mention not be given this amount of rope, they wouldn't even think to ask to be given it.

* - Steff McKee in PRETTY IN PINK.

Hahaha Hells' line on Robin not being important. Oh, show!

I rise in reluctant defence of RC on this.  Helena's attitude towards others has always been that they are insignificant gnats as opposed to her magnificence, so the line was pretty much 100% percent in character for her.  If it had been anybody else saying, though, shenanigans should be called.

Oh, I am so torn!  Kevin, as portrayed by JL, has always been one of my favorite GH characters.  But Anthony Starke, the guy playing him today, is my favorite actor from The Magnificent Seven television series.

"Y'all can decide amongst yourselves who wants to die first".  ;)

He was my favorite character in that show as well. 

I remember Patrick and Robin as pretty hot, and I think Patrick and Sam are so pretty it's blinding, and I just get NOTHING from them.  I feel no sexual energy coming off Patrick at all.

Jason Thompson has figured out that he can check out, call it in, and tank scenes right and left if they don't meet his exalted standards and TPTB will not call him on it.  On the contrary, they'll keep pushing him as a viable leading man and pulling strings to land him thoroughly undeserved Emmy nominations!  We are on the second actress who has been put in the position of trying and failing to get him to display so much as a discernable pulse.  And there will be many, many more who will be thrown at him, and he will continue to tank scenes and pairings, and it will never penetrate TPTB's thick skulls that the problem here doesn't lie with the ladies.

He's this decade's version of Timothy Gibbs as Kevin Buchanan on OLTL.

• Love 4

I mean, it's hot, but you can tell they're just writing it in because that shit turns them on.

I'm starting to think they're going to write Silas and Ava out together on the run. This renewed romance makes no real sense, but there you are. Neither did his urging her to bust out the other day. What?

It seems forced and contrived to me. I still don't buy that he just flipped his opinion on her like that. He despised her, as much if not more than Franco does. But since Ron needs something to salvage the character it's Ava to the rescue. Blech. I just don't like her with him at all. It might have worked if they did it when they first met up but now with everything that's happened it's just not believable.

And speaking of Franco, it's so nice that the SERIAL KILLER has a problem with someone lying. Oh, I forgot. He's the patron saint of being wronged by women. Ugh, shut it Franco.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5

IIRC, Genie was fired from AMC in order to facilitate the return of Luke and Laura to GH. I believe she loved her role there, but the network forced it (in fairness, from what I've heard the Ceara character was unpopular).

I don't think JT has really checked out on anything except certain portions of the ungodly Patrick/Sabrina sweet sixteen romance, where he looked close to death for months and I absolutely did not blame him for it. I think he mostly gives it his all in the face of terrible material which renders him little more than a clueless appendage.

And yeah, I can't stand the Silas/Ava reconnection.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
I mean, it's hot, but you can tell they're just writing it in because that shit turns them on.

It was cool the first two times, but then by the third it felt like a cynical grab. "Look! He speaks FRENCH! He did have something else on his resume!"*

Plus I'd have to watch again (not the horrible burden my post indicates), and I'm no expert, but his pronunciation seemed pretty crappy, so that didn't help.

*I still find it hot though when Ryan Paevey busts it out, if not Nathan.

Even though I'm not interested either way in an Ava/Silas reunion, I don't think he hated her. Just did the generic lip purse of judgement he does with mostly everyone.

I don't think JT is tanking anything with Kelly M. either. If anything he's trying too hard and it comes across as awkward. I mean this:

Sam: I want you 

Patrick: I know you do!

made me squirm 

Even the censors have given up on this show.

I feel like they have, lol. I know he really didn't say that, but it REALLY sounded like Nathan said to Dante a couple of months, "if I can help, I wanna fucking help." Someone shoulda made them dub that.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

IIRC, Genie was fired from AMC in order to facilitate the return of Luke and Laura to GH. I believe she loved her role there, but the network forced it (in fairness, from what I've heard the Ceara character was unpopular).

I don't think JT has really checked out on anything except certain portions of the ungodly Patrick/Sabrina sweet sixteen romance, where he looked close to death for months and I absolutely did not blame him for it. I think he mostly gives it his all in the face of terrible material which renders him little more than a clueless appendage.

And yeah, I can't stand the Silas/Ava reconnection.

Silas spoils everything. ;)

Dayum, Brad/Lucas was HOTT! PS and RyCa have awesome chemistry. They put so many of the preordained hetero couples on this show to shame.

Hell, even Lucas trailing kisses down Brad's arm was sexy.

Why can't we see days of them fooling around in bed instead of the other chemistryless couples? All the propping when you have an actual couple with chemistry.

We need to see CoJones more. Preferably doing the couples things we hear about them doing off screen. I'm still upset we haven't gotten a make out session at the hospital.

• Love 5

Damn son. TG is like a real life Lucious Lyon from Empire. Killing a kid isn't black hat enough? So you have to kill the audience? Where does it end? At least Lucious is still entertaining and doesn't look like he'll keel over- with an ALS story.

I need Laura back soon to just beat people with broom handles because I don't know how much more I can take.

• Love 5

I forgot to gush how much I love and missed Brad. He made this episode for me, what with his, "honey, I'm home", ripping open Lucas' shirt (!!!!) the story of the dragon/phoenix and how they come in a pair kind of like himself and Lucas (aww), and suggesting they shower together. He was very aggressive in this episode. I liked it. 

I hope his confession today is something sweet and hopefully nothing Spencer related because that is water under the bridge.

• Love 3

I'm a little torn.  Yeah, Lucas and Brad's sex scene was hot.  But is that all the show is going to give these two?  Propping people separately and then a sex scene every six to eight weeks?  Why haven't we seen them interact at the hospital now that Lucas works there?  Why haven't we seen them out on a date?  

• Love 6

Well their names aren't Jason/Jake, Sam, Carly, Sonny, Julian, Nina, or Franco, so sadly, yes, this is all that will become of them. Silly me I thought Lucas would have his own, albeit, small story or POV when he became more connected to the Fluke story line and clinic, but the clinic and interaction with Michael was nothing more than a ruse to have him appear on screen to prop Carly. Brad will have even less purpose because the hospital is barely featured as it is, and he has no ties to anyone else in town now except Lucas.

I desperately wish that they could have their own story line that is about them and not about Lucas' fucked up family members. What about Brad's family? No workplace drama? It must be weird at times working with your significant other, especially when one is in a position of power over you. What are they currently feeling about each other in this stage of their relationship? Cartini sucks when it comes to human emotions. I swear to god.

I love them, and will take what I can get it for the short time I can get it, but the writing is on the wall. I just hope one or both of them is not killed off at this party.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 3

I just hope one or both of them is not killed off at this party.

How funny would it be if, after months off-screen, Felix strutted into the party all, "Hey ya'll, DuBois in the house!" only for some debris to smash down on him.

• Love 9

I feel so evil. I don't even want Felix to die or get hurt, I actually want him to come back on screen and watch Brad & Lucas make out in the hallways of GH with his sad puppy face. Maybe I want this because on soaps I'm so used to a third party lurking somewhere and Felix is their ONLY possible outside interference at the moment. I just want a reaction.

Someone's ex-boyfriend needs to come back and start some shit. Like on Days.

• Love 2
It was cool the first two times, but then by the third it felt like a cynical grab. "Look! He speaks FRENCH! He did have something else on his resume!"*

Ha, Finola speaks passable French. Oh GH, why couldn't I get a scene with the two of them bickering in French. Or interrogating a suspect and talking in French in front of him so that he can't understand what they're saying.

Yeah, that's all I got. I haven't watched the show all week.  Too bad that wonderful poster with the witty recaps only did 2. But, then again, I've been able to pick up that Ava and Silas are in scene together (FF), the prison yard is ahoppin' with activity (FF), and Fluke's identity remains a clusterfuck.

• Love 4

How funny would it be if, after months off-screen, Felix strutted into the party all, "Hey ya'll, DuBois in the house!" only for some debris to smash down on him.

While he's holding Spencer

• Love 9

Dante is an idiot for showing up to confront Fluke without backup.

Too bad Ron doesn't care enough about Lucas to give him a better love interest than Brad.

Sonny, Ava, Franco, and Madeline need to be killed in a prison fight. 

• Love 2

Except he doesn't.  I do.  I mostly ff Nathan, so I've missed most of the French but the the last time they were in bed and Maxie said he'd just said "I wish I didn't have to leave," what he'd actually just said was "I hope that I never left."  And then the next thing he said said was not actually comprehensible, though it might just have been because he swallowed the last word.  His accent isn't terrible.  I wonder if he had one French parent or something and just picked up enough around the house to sound authentic while stumbling through dialogue that he doesn't understand.  

Based on what I've seen it hadn't occurred to me to consider the guy playing Nathan an actual French speaker.

• Love 1

Well, RP says he speaks French, I dunno if he's actually as fluent as he says, heh. Either way, Nathan needs to juggle or do a card trick next time he and Maxie are in bed to impress her next time.

Dante is an idiot for showing up to confront Fluke without backup.

He called Nathan, and then he took his gun with him.* He doesn't have time for no darn back-up, he thinks Luke is possibly dying. Also he didn't show up to confront Fluke actually, he had actually would have gotten into the basement way before if Sloane hadn't interrupted.

*Which he didn't take the last time he needed to confront someone, which was 5 years ago today! 5 years, sheesh. I still hold it against Sonny, I'm petty like that.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

My theory is that Luke purposely shackled himself  to a broken bannister. 

Doesn't excuse either kneecapping Fluke or using the crowbar on Fluke. Dante knows that this ain't Fluke, and is probably someone at least dangerous and lethal. If it was Jerry Jacks, it would be shoot-on-sight.

Then again, Jerry would kneecap first and quip later.

Dante is officially the Bellamy (The 100)/Lord Grantham (Downton Abbey) Designated Dumbass of GH.

• Love 1

I think seeing Maxie/Nathan and Lucas/Brad go on a double date would do both couples wonders.  Brad and Nathan can talk about how they both miss Britt!

How does that sound, Britt?

tumblr_n5hg6e4tPz1sopfhpo1_400.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

His French isn't convincing to me, but my grandparents speak it (it's actually their first language), so maybe I'm biased? 

ETA: I was bothering me to see Helena bare legged at the cemetery in Jan. Took me right out of the scene. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 2

Doesn't excuse either kneecapping Fluke or using the crowbar on Fluke. Dante knows that this ain't Fluke, and is probably someone at least dangerous and lethal. If it was Jerry Jacks, it would be shoot-on-sight.

Then again, Jerry would kneecap first and quip later.

Dante is officially the Bellamy (The 100)/Lord Grantham (Downton Abbey) Designated Dumbass of GH.

He doesn't know 100% it's not Luke, so I can see why he didn't club in the head with a crow-bar. He probably should have handcuffed him to the doorknob or something though. And he does know that whoever this is they are crazy so he also probably should have kneecapped him. But again, he doesn't know for sure it isn't Luke, so if he kneecaps him he probably cripples him for the rest of his life and then he possibly has Tracy and Lulu screeching at him about how he could kneecap a poor old man, heh.

And sure, if it was Jerry Jacks he would shoot on sight but he KNOWS Jerry Jax is nothing but bad news.

I think seeing Maxie/Nathan and Lucas/Brad go on a double date would do both couples wonders.  Brad and Nathan can talk about how they both miss Britt!

Oh, you know poor Nathan would end up just sitting unloved in a corner while everyone else talked, looking to the side trying to catch the waiter's attention ;)

Ha, Finola speaks passable French.

aaaand my girlcrush continues.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Forgot to mention, I liked Carly's top. I envy Laura Wright's figure and the thickness of her mane. 

I loved Carly's shirt. LW is looking really good lately. Her hair is so lovely and Carly has actually been getting nice outfits. Yet I hate Carly currently and I normally don't hate her, so the prettier she is the more horrible she is, I think.

In my version of this prison break, Julian stabs both Sonny and Franco killing them and meets up with Ava to be Team Jerome foreva!

During most of the prison scenes I was imagining this exact scenario occurring and it was really fun. The show in our heads is so great!

And then there's Felix.  Mesach Taylor in Mannequin was less of a stereotype.

See I kinda like this. RC is actually capable of writing a myriad of different types of gay characters and that is pretty important IMO. Now he usually fucks everything up because he's a petty egomaniac, but still!

I'm starting to think they're going to write Silas and Ava out together on the run. This renewed romance makes no real sense, but there you are. Neither did his urging her to bust out the other day. What?

It really doesn't make any sense at all but I shamefully really like Silas and Ava together. Ava makes literally any scene watchable to me. MW is a miracle worker!

Dayum, Brad/Lucas was HOTT! PS and RyCa have awesome chemistry. They put so many of the preordained hetero couples on this show to shame.

IMO they for sure put every single current hetero couple to shame. Like it's not even a question. If only we could have gotten 5 straight days of Brad/Lucas in bed instead of Nathan/Maxie.

I would forgive RC for everything for like at least 2 months if this happened.

Ha, Finola speaks passable French. Oh GH, why couldn't I get a scene with the two of them bickering in French. Or interrogating a suspect and talking in French in front of him so that he can't understand what they're saying.

Well fuck me, I need this to happen ASAP. Wow.

Oh man, I also need this to happen. RC needs to get on this and the above for Fan February dammit!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Jon Lindstrom tweet about the Kev-troversy:

Heard a voice on TV say "Kevin" to someone who was not me. Whaaat? Had no idea. Thanks for filling in @AnthonyStarke! #GH @GeneralHospital

Sounds like he didn't know they had wanted to use Kevin and/or then decided to go with a sub.

• Love 2

If that was the reason he was giving her a hard time, I might be ok with it.  But it's not.  He came to town to shame her for what she did to poor Faison.  Of which I am SURE he knows their history.  So yeah....fuck him.   And everyone else that has used that to make her feel bad. 

I actually laughed me ass off when Dante had him cuff himself to those ancient rails.   Real sturdy there Dante.

She is an officer of the law, sworn to uphold it. She deserves to be at the very least, mocked for her actions. I totally get that she felt she had no other choice, but the thing is....if she respects the law as she should, considering her profession...she never should have done what she did.

Faison is a nutjob, but he's a human nutjob, and he was/is entitled to due process. Due process sometimes sucks, and yeah lots of times "justice" is a joke. But as a police officer, Anna had a sworn duty. She failed it.

Considering that Anna is always so quick to mock Sonny and Julian and anyone else breaking the law, (never mind that she was perfectly content to sleep with Duke while doing this) then yeah she deserves a good, hard knocking off of her pedestal.

• Love 2

Can't speak on Viola Davis, but everything I have heard/read about James Spader suggests that he has a very Spencer Tracy-ish approach to his profession (i.e., "Show up on time, know your lines, and don't trip over the furniture").  Of the many memorable roles he had throughout his career, I can think of only one where he is on record as saying that he went to his director with an idea about a different way to approach playing the role*, and even then he makes it clear that if the director had not gone with his idea, he would have happily played the role as the director indicated he should.  The point being, not only would the actors you mention not be given this amount of rope, they wouldn't even think to ask to be given it.

* - Steff McKee in PRETTY IN PINK.

I rise in reluctant defence of RC on this.  Helena's attitude towards others has always been that they are insignificant gnats as opposed to her magnificence, so the line was pretty much 100% percent in character for her.  If it had been anybody else saying, though, shenanigans should be called.

"Y'all can decide amongst yourselves who wants to die first".  ;)

He was my favorite character in that show as well. 

Jason Thompson has figured out that he can check out, call it in, and tank scenes right and left if they don't meet his exalted standards and TPTB will not call him on it.  On the contrary, they'll keep pushing him as a viable leading man and pulling strings to land him thoroughly undeserved Emmy nominations!  We are on the second actress who has been put in the position of trying and failing to get him to display so much as a discernable pulse.  And there will be many, many more who will be thrown at him, and he will continue to tank scenes and pairings, and it will never penetrate TPTB's thick skulls that the problem here doesn't lie with the ladies.

He's this decade's version of Timothy Gibbs as Kevin Buchanan on OLTL.

The only thing I know about JS is that he has indeed said more than once than like Geary, he is allowed to rewrite his dialogue. Geary and Elliot have both gone on record as saying they are allowed to change dialogue but NEITHER of them are allowed to change the focus or intent of a scene. In other words, if the purpose of a scene is that Luke is mad at someone, he can't deliver the dialogue as if he isn't mad-but he can change the way it is said.

But what about the part where he escapes over and over?

That's why I said due process sucks and justice is a joke. If SHE expects to continue to be respected and not brought up on charges and not mocked, she needs to stick to her duties.

If she can't, she needs to join Sam(and Jordan) and do a Charlie's Angels thing and just be a PI or a spy or whatnot like before.

Which actually isn't a bad idea. I could go for three women doing the PI thing.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

She is an officer of the law, sworn to uphold it. She deserves to be at the very least, mocked for her actions. I totally get that she felt she had no other choice, but the thing is....if she respects the law as she should, considering her profession...she never should have done what she did.

Faison is a nutjob, but he's a human nutjob, and he was/is entitled to due process. Due process sometimes sucks, and yeah lots of times "justice" is a joke. But as a police officer, Anna had a sworn duty. She failed it.

Considering that Anna is always so quick to mock Sonny and Julian and anyone else breaking the law, (never mind that she was perfectly content to sleep with Duke while doing this) then yeah she deserves a good, hard knocking off of her pedestal.

And this has long been the problem for both her and Robert and Sean. GH has always confused "officers of the law" with Spies. In truth, Anna and Robert and Sean are Spies, not cops. While it is always great to see them on the regular and having them in law enforcement was a logical way to do it, it also confuses their characters.  Spies Kill, without trial, without due process and for the greater good.

In this case Anna acted as a spy. The Story line however had made her a Cop

• Love 4

I see a lot of people say that, but if there were no cops in town and just PI, then the supervillains would just foil the P.I.s. I guess at least then they wouldn't make due process a joke then. But I don't think making the cops P.I.s would really solve anything.

Unless everyone started wearing fedoras and trench coats. Then I could get behind that.

• Love 3

in the scene at the graveyard, it seemed as though Fluke was barking at Helena as if he was in charge.  This is the first scene I remember that they were not positioned as either equals or Helena as the superior.  If that was intentional, Fluke could not be Luke or Bill Eckert because why would Helena answer to him or even appease him unless there's a long term end game?

Either way, Nathan needs to juggle or do a card trick next time he and Maxie are in bed to impress her next time.

Oh, God. Why do I see a "magic-off" pissing contest between Nathan and Spinelli at this year's nurses ball?

And this has long been the problem for both her and Robert and Sean. GH has always confused "officers of the law" with Spies. In truth, Anna and Robert and Sean are Spies, not cops. While it is always great to see them on the regular and having them in law enforcement was a logical way to do it, it also confuses their characters.  Spies Kill, without trial, without due process and for the greater good.

When Anna came back in 2012 and was hanging out with Luke, I remember her talking about how she would have taken out Lisa, Patrick's stalker ex-girlfriend, and she did the whole hand gesture like a gun thing and said "terminate with extreme prejudice.

So yes, this show walks whichever line it feels like walking at any point.  Anna's a super-spy with a license to kill on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and an "uphold the law" cop on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends.  Because if anyone could have been "terminated with extreme prejudice," it would have been Faison.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

in the scene at the graveyard, it seemed as though Fluke was barking at Helena as if he was in charge.  This is the first scene I remember that they were not positioned as either equals or Helena as the superior.  If that was intentional, Fluke could not be Luke or Bill Eckert because why would Helena answer to him or even appease him unless there's a long term end game?

I could buy that somewhere in the last 10 years, Helena fell in love with Luke (or more accurately, fell in love with what he represented - her glory days) and would totally be willing to submit herself to a Luke that had the same evil goals she did. But that's just me.

I still don't really understand the Fluke/Helena alliance.  Hells was frozen for nearly a year before Fluke made the switch, before Julian even hit town.  She came this close to poisoning Luke to death from beyond the grave, which doesn't jive with being in league with Fluke.  And she told Dr. O that Jake(son) was originally going to be (ugh) Victor's personal WSB "super soldier".  So I don't understand how it all got tangled together.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I still don't really understand the Fluke/Helena alliance.  Hells was frozen for nearly a year before Fluke made the switch, before Julian even hit town.  And she told Dr. O that Jake(son) was originally going to be (ugh) Victor's personal WSB "super soldier".  So I don't understand how it all got tangled together.

And neither does Ron

• Love 6

Don't judge me, but I didn't see the hawtness of the gay couple. Honestly, Lucas and Brad looked like two heteros acting like gay lovers who were acting like heteros. Seems to me the same actions and lines could have been used satirically to be making fun of their love in the afternoon. A certain "je ne sais quoi" of the gay scene was missing. It was awash in testosterone, and not in a good way.

I didn't see the "hawtness", either.  All I'm seeing are comments like, "Whoo!  That was so hawt!!!!" and "How did the censors let that slip by?" and I'm like, did I miss something?  That scene wasn't special.  It just looked like the same old thing to me.  Then, I rolled my eyes at that How to Get Away With Murder plug.  So, yeah, that scene wasn't special and I don't find the couple special.

This is my first time watching the show in months and man, Dante is an idiot.  All I could do was shake my head at him.  Once again, he goes to confront someone without backup and ends up paying for it.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 1
Once again, he goes to confront someone without backup and ends up paying for it.

He didn't go to confront him. He went to open the basement door and would have been gone by the time FakeLuke arrived if he hadn't been interrupted by someone yesterday.

I didn't find Brad and Lucas hot either really but it's the same as when I don't find another hetero couple hot. Not a big deal that I don't find them hot. I like both actors though. Although I appreciate it on the level where I picture Guza tuning in and crying at a gay couple making out on former his ueber hereto* Steve Burton shoot out show. And I did like the butt grab, you don't see that often either on this show.

*If anything with the Sason bromance can be considered ueber hetero. Well, Guza thought so.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Regardless of whether someone thinks it's hot or not, I have an appreciation for actors who give it their all and go for it. It's refreshing to see compared to other actors who do 1-second pecks, lips barely touching.

• Love 12

Genie Francis also brought money and notoriety to the genre and has barely been treated to common courtesy in return. And didn't she have to save Geary by returning as Laura because be flopped on his own as Bill? He has not earned or deserves a vanity project; no actor in any genre does, unless they want to finance it themselves.

THANK YOU for expressing this so well. Geary HAD his GH-funded vanity project -- Bill and his entire bloody boring family -- and it ate and nearly killed the show. I'd argue that the past decade has been a vanity project, as he destroyed the character of Luke from the inside -- with his acting choices -- and the outside -- his constant carping to the press and public over how much he hates the "tame" Luke. IMO, he should have been warned after the first such interview and fired after the second.

But Fluke takes soap-funded vanity projects to a new, and horrible level. It's worse than OG Franco, because at least Franco LEFT after making us miserable. And it boggles my mind how Geary could be proud of his acting as Fluke.

It's big fish/small pond syndrome. I've seen it with small groups a lot -- someone gets power and it completely goes to their head, and they completely lose perspective. I've seen people betray their ethics and beliefs for power in a group of less than 200 people. Geary seems to forget that only a few million people watch GH, and that outside of that world, he's pretty much irrelevant (now) other than "the guy who raped Laura". It's got to suck when the spotlight moves away but that's what happens.

If a man said that to me, I'd want to slap the crap out of him. What a smug, narcissistic response!

Edited by minirth
  • Love 7

If a man said that to me, I'd want to slap the crap out of him. What a smug, narcissistic response!

No I paraphrased it a tad bit, he knew she wanted a favor from him and he interrupted her, jokingly. but he came across as silly, imo.

Sam and Patrick ruin everything.

And seriously Patrick if you can't stand Brad so much keep your ass in the fucking car, you're a mere tag-along anyway who was lucky to get an invite because of your new "girlfriend". And how rich of you to talk about how he hurt Sabrina when I seriously doubt that he hurt her worse than the man who promised to marry her and love her forever and always and then left her sobbing at the altar to go and mack on his "dead" wife of two years.

Honestly, he's barely given her a thought since the baby he never wanted died. I just cannot stand that snotty worm, every time he opens his mouth shit falls out, I swear. He will make anything and everything all about him.

And of course Sam immediately begins to attack Brad over a figurine of which literally millions and millions exist as cheap and stupid Asian trinket for the most gullible of annoying tourists as if he should have just "known" it was hers.  

Ffs, these godawful plot points just keep coming left and right, each new one more terrible than the last. I guess the only thing missing was Brad telling Sam to "Slow your roll sister girlfriend".

And did she actually think that Lucas would just steal it from her? That he would think so highly of a stupid piece of cheap glass that really is nothing special or even unique that it was worth snatching from her home and giving to Brad as if he wouldn't give him something actually worthwhile or special just to them? How insulting.

So Brad not only asked Lucas to move in but also spoke the magic words and took Lucas by surprise and he didn't say them back, but of course. Though the bed scene...yet again they are just pushing that limit, heh, Parry's kisses dropped rather low there. I guess if Lucas took care of Brad from behind then he was returning the favour up front. I suppose the Disney censors haven't yet caught up on how exactly gay sex works.

That prison is as secure as notLuke's handcuffs.

They haven't even sounded the alarm despite Julian, Sonny and Franco taking out three guards, and then having the time to strip and secure them so that they can then waltz around like they're now just apart of the crew without anyone batting an eye, including using badges that certainly don't match them in any way, shape or form to gain easy access to secured areas, including the transport bay.

But William is looking rather fit in that uniform I must say...mmmmmm...

Magda had a great response to the fist fight, I certainly echoed it.  "Crap" indeed.

I never really felt much about Bill one way or another back in the day, but by god I hate him so much now...so much...Ron has made it impossible for me to even like that name anymore. And Tony has only made it even more unbearable with his "acting".

So Dante got whacked in the head with a crowbar and his skull didn't crack in half? Right...

This is all supposed to be the build up to Sweeps? This year is already off to a hellish start.

Finally a nice moment between Michael and a Q, with Tracy saying that Edward and Alan would be proud of him.  But of course, they had to rush right through that to get back to Fluke recapping.  Urgh.

Oh dear, Brad telling Lucas he loves him for the first time just before a February sweeps canvas-wide party where evil is afoot?  Quick, grab Felix to use as a shield!

Shut up with calling Jake(son) a soldier, show.

• Love 3

Damn Maxie, the party hasn't started and you're already jabbering about how he better be walking through the goddamn door?

Patrick: I can't forget how Brad manipulated Sabrina.

Who, Patrick? 

I really like this exchange between Michael and Tracy

Tracy: My father thought it would be amusing to name a freighter after me.

Michael: . . . it is kinda amusing.

Tracy/JE looked great.

gah, poor Tracy and poor Lulu are being thrown under the bus. Yeah, sure, both men simply decided not to call instead of something else going on. Is Johnny and Dante's punching him out supposed to the same day as today's episode? Because otherwise I have no idea what fight Lulu is referring to.

No comment on where Jake placed the bomb.

Between Robert Kelker Kelly and Tony Geary, Dominic Zamprogna has been exposed to a lifetime's worth of scenery chewing.

Nathan to Carly: I know you and Dante are family.

Yeah, Nathan, like Cinderella's step-mom was family.

Do the wardrobe people hate Maurice? Lol at that jacket.

I like the waterfront realization pillars. Did they scrounge up some leftover yogurt money? Is this what KA's salary went to? I approve.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

CPP83, I agree with so much of your post But don't que the censors onto the CoJones scenes. I'm sending you a bullet of love in my fierce hat and coat.

I too was surprised by how low Brad was able to go with the kisses. I enjoyed it because it was so playful and fun.

I'm shocked. We get to actually see Brad ask Lucas to move in and say I love you.

I haven't been watching regularly because this show has sucked to me. Luke's accents were something. I couldn't stop laughing over the seriousness of a 10 cent trinket. Then I howled when, they showed the engraving.

Ron put more thought & detail into this stupid trinket storyline then 90% of the other stories.

Brad better not die and I hope we see Brucus/CoJones again before March/April.

• Love 2

I'm torn about Brad's ILY. What I'm reading has me squeeing and I love it, but I'm also terrified. It would not be the first time one of half of a couple said it to the other and then literally went on to die a few scenes later. All of this is giving me soap-PTSD. Do not want scenes of Lucas by Brad's hospital bed saying ILY back as Brad takes his last breath. No, no, no.

I need confirmation that Brad lives. He can be hurt, but he must live dammit.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 1

Patrick: I can't forget how Brad manipulated Sabrina.

Yeah, it's just AWFUL how Brad lied to Patrick and Sabrina about the paternity of his baby.

But...hmmm...who else lied to Patrick about the paternity of his baby?

SABRINA!

• Love 6