Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I re-watched Friday's show.  When Sam gets all tearful and chocked up about wanting to tell Jason, just one more time, that she loved him, all I could think of was: Why? So he could respond with a shrug, blank stare, and a monotone "I know." Ah, true love.

Oh, and the Faison/Anna scene -- Faison tells Anna out right that he has put her under mind control, and that she should be worried that he'll say the trigger phrase.  She scoffed, and said that was years ago and he failed, and Faison just shrugged, more as if to say, "Well, you can't say I didn't warn you," rather than, "You got me." 

The writing was going all in with putting into our heads that Anna had been placed, or would be placed, under mind control. But, I think that's it's more likely than not a red herring.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

It occurred to me that Britt a doctor actually left this show alive and bring sent off to jail.

For all of Ron's faults, he least he hasn't had a woman and/or a doctor leave the show in a bodybag.

Yes, I am aware that he killed off Allison, but she wasn't really a uGH character and he also killed Irena, but she like that entire story, is best ignored and forgotten.

• Love 2

Did I miss something? How could Jason be programmed by Helena, when Helena hadn't been defrosted yet? That is, Jason and Robin escaped, and then, presumably, Victor defrosted Helena...so like, when would she have programmed him? When he was still frozen? Nope, that can't be it, because she was FUCKING FROZEN herself at the time.

The stupid, it burns.

Unless of course, I missed something. Which is probably likely.

• Love 5

I think Robin was working on Jason, Helena and possibly Stavros, all at the same time, using whatever technique on all of them.  Jason was held after he woke up.  Helena and stavros show up to play their Lulu games.  Jason escapes and takes Robin with him as the lab explodes, presumably with dead stavros and dead Victor inside.  

I'm pretty sure that was the timeline, so Helena would have been defrosted and back in charge before Jason took off, so time to program him.

• Love 1

All hail the Queen...Helena cutting through Spencer's crap and basically being disgusted with his behavior was delightful.

It took minimal menace on her part to set him straight. I liked it a lot! 

(She should pop into Windemere often; she can emerge from the shadows, see to Spencer's manners and slip away again without Nik ever knowing) 

• Love 5

We actually don't know when exactly Hells was defrosted or what contact she had with Jason afterwards. All we know is that after Jason woke up, Victor had Robin chained to a wall. Then, after some time, Jason broke out of his restraints and randomly found Robin. As they were about to escape, Hells walks in and her men knock out Jase. He regained consciousness, killed the men, and then ran off with Robin.

Don't ask me why Hells let them leave if she programmed him. And why she wouldn't program Robin, too.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

But here's the thing:

Victor wanted to use Jason as a guinea pig FIRST, to make sure Robin's treatment worked before using it on Helena and Stavros...I remember Robin telling him no! But he did it anyway. To make sure it would work.

And why am I bothering to try to figure this out? That douchenozzle is constantly changing the plot/storylines anyway....fruitless endeavor, trying to make sense of things that don't make sense.

• Love 2

I think in Ron's mind, all Obrecht needs to take a fall equivalent to her actions is Faison's rejection. Look, she got her comeuppance! No, not really. That's just an excuse for her to sing another fucking song.

Giving Robin, or Anna, or anyone else truly deserving satisfaction over Obrecht is not going to happen. And that's why I have come to resent the character, despite loving her on her first day, wanting more of her and loving Kathleen Gati's wonderful work on the show over the last year or two. In a way, she (and a few others like her) are to Ron what Sonny or Jason were to Bob Guza. She could be a much more organic antiheroine, but they keep handicapping everyone else to make her shine and give her all the spotlight - see also: Nina, Franco, any number of other RC/FV stars.

I would like Obrecht and KG to continue on GH in some capacity. But if it's going to stay like this - with Obrecht lording what video game players call her "plot armor" over the rest of the good guys and always getting the lion's share of sympathy despite the horrific things she does, while Anna, Robin, etc. get scraps - I would rather she go.

And yeah - the Family Westbourne/Faison weepfests make me vomit. Oh, I'll talk about it later.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Although someone needs to explain to me, like I'm Sonny, how the heck Helena's conditioning works.  "You will do all these evil things while being fully aware that you're doing them and can alert just about anyone in town about it, but won't, then when the job is complete, I'll tell you that you'll forget everything that it was that you did".  The hell is that?!!   At least if she had threatened Liz or her boys, with compliance in advance it would make sense, but otherwise say what with the who now.  

If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't matter because the endgame isn't really Helena programming anyone. Ron's coming up with a way to program us: "You will watch the show and even if you notice stupidity or inconsistency you will forget it  as soon as the next day's previews begin. If someone asks you what the show was about  you will be able to say only nice things."

ETA: We really need that sarcasm font.

Edited by rur
  • Love 4

I would like Obrecht and KG to continue on GH in some capacity. But if it's going to stay like this - with Obrecht lording what video game players call her "plot armor" over the rest of the good guys and always getting the lion's share of sympathy despite the horrific things she does, while Anna, Robin, etc. get scraps - I would rather she go.

And yeah - the Family Westbourne/Faison weepfests make me vomit. Oh, I'll talk about it later.

I'm seriously asking...does Ron hate all things Scorpio? Because I'm really confused as to the message of this show. Am I supposed to WANT Anna to pay for her crimes against Faison? Am I supposed to FEEL for the people who made her life and her daughter's life miserable? Am I supposed to HOPE Patrick/Sam get together while Robin is being held hostage and still LOVING the douche she once called her husband? Like, what is the intention here?

• Love 7

So Patrick finds out who killed his son after six months of investigation, learns that Victor caused the car crash, which set off alarm bells about Robin, but decides to go get drunk, not out of grief for his dead son, but because Sam is mad at him and he thinks he no longer has a chance of getting her into bed?  What a winner.  If I thought Patrick didn't care about "that baby" before, this would certainly seal the deal.

I want Robin to come into town long enough to reveal Jason is alive, blow up Samtrick, and pick up Emma for a long vacation.  Three segments should be enough time to do that, no?  

• Love 14

So Patrick finds out who killed his son after six months of investigation, learns that Victor caused the car crash, which set off alarm bells about Robin, but decides to go get drunk, not out of grief for his dead son, but because Sam is mad at him and he thinks he no longer has a chance of getting her into bed? What a winner. If I thought Patrick didn't care about "that baby" before, this would certainly seal the deal.

I want Robin to come into town long enough to reveal Jason is alive, blow up Samtrick, and pick up Emma for a long vacation. Three segments should be enough time to do that, no?

I love this post SO MUCH. And YES. I'll take ONE episode of just pure F U's from my girl to pretty much everyone.

When Patrick was talking about not getting benefits from Sam, I was floored. THAT is his only concern. It's gross.

And now he's taking his sob story to Maxie? Who will undoubtedly claim that Sam and Patrick are just perrrrrfect together.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

I think in Ron's mind, all Obrecht needs to take a fall equivalent to her actions is Faison's rejection. Look, she got her comeuppance! No, not really. That's just an excuse for her to sing another fucking song.

I was waiting for Obrecht to break into a rendition of "You Were Always on My Mind". The whole thing was just so contrived and forced. She gives up a chance to be with Faison to hold vigil over Nathan? Britt willingly leaves with a man she referred to last week as "that creature"? It was so phony, it was embarrassing.

Although, I loved KT for full-on blubbering and ugly crying during the goodbyes. It was probably because she knew these would be Britt's last scenes, but it seemed kind of genuine to me.

• Love 8

Did I miss something? How could Jason be programmed by Helena, when Helena hadn't been defrosted yet? That is, Jason and Robin escaped, and then, presumably, Victor defrosted Helena...so like, when would she have programmed him? When he was still frozen? Nope, that can't be it, because she was FUCKING FROZEN herself at the time.

Helena said something about Victor originally planning to use Jason as some kind of (ugh) super agent for the WSB, but that Helena basically co-opted him for her own purposes.

How she did so, I dunno.  Maybe she learned that his trigger phrase was "reputation", given how many times Helena has said it.

Edited by TeeVee329

I love this post SO MUCH. And YES. I'll take ONE episode of just pure F U's from my girl to pretty much everyone.

When Patrick was talking about not getting benefits from Sam, I was floored. THAT is his only concern. It's gross.

And now he's taking his sob story to Maxie? Who will undoubtedly claim that Sam and Patrick are just perrrrrfect together.

Yes.  And of course, Maxie won't even bother to ask where Robin is and why she didn't come home.  She will just pat poor Patrick on the head

• Love 3

I'm seriously asking...does Ron hate all things Scorpio? Because I'm really confused as to the message of this show. Am I supposed to WANT Anna to pay for her crimes against Faison? Am I supposed to FEEL for the people who made her life and her daughter's life miserable? Am I supposed to HOPE Patrick/Sam get together while Robin is being held hostage and still LOVING the douche she once called her husband? Like, what is the intention here?

The answer is inconvenient because in my view it is human and complicated and it doesn't fit the narrative we were all able to lean on with Bob Guza.

IMO Ron loves the Scorpios - Robin, Anna, Robert. He just takes them, and a lot of characters or actors he loves, for granted. He knows they can handle any heartache or anguish or trouble because oh, the actors are wonderful and the audience loves them and we love them and won't they do wonderfully with this material?

Now, there's nothing wrong with a writer thinking like that. They have to think of the whole canvas, the larger show. Good people suffer for drama on soap opera every day, every year, it is a fact of serial drama. But the problem with what Ron does is that he takes the characters he grew up watching, who are established and whom he loves, and he loses sight of them versus his next big shiny favorites: Sabrina, Britt, Obrecht, Ava, Franco, Nina, you name it. He takes for granted that these veteran characters are wonderful, and played by great actors who he loves and popular and beloved and so they'll still be there for him to pick up when he's done with whatever he's focusing on now. The problem is that he piles shit on these people to prop up other favorites, and then he almost never cleans up the mess properly.

He did this at OLTL too, with a lot of people, but at GH it has gotten much worse. He loves Anna, Robin, etc. Of that I have no doubt. He loves Scrubs, he loves all those things. But he loves his plots and his new favorites more, IMO, and he is sure those great vets will still be there when he's done with his latest big twist or triangle. He just never bothers to service those characters he takes for granted equally. He's neglectful and lazy and ADD, and if you do critique what he does then he can and will become actively passive-aggressive onscreen with the story or characters. That's all there is to it.

• Love 9

Billy Miller wasn't bad as scary Jason Morgan. He actually works out, so I was afraid he did hulk slam Sam through the wall. Helena's brainwashing is weird. As much as she hates Liz, no taunting her. Nothing? And FFS, show, just stop with the old pics. My God. Those images of Steve Burton are burned into our souls. You're just scaring us with the prospect that this will end with Steve Burton as AJ revived because just because you hate us.

Ugh, BM was terrible.  He's not even remotely scaring or intimidating.  This Jason recast is so miscast, and now Helena has made him her pawn?  It's the Lucky brainwashing storyline all over again except she's not holding an ice princess.  This Jake/Jason storyline is the worst.  

• Love 2

Yes. And of course, Maxie won't even bother to ask where Robin is and why she didn't come home. She will just pat poor Patrick on the head

Of course she won't ask. No one will. Because the answers would straight up make him look bad. "Robin said she wouldn't come home because she's broken and she doesn't want to hurt Emma. So I was like, 'OK! I like Sammy now, anyway!'"

I hate that Patty even gets the luxury of talking to Robin's friends or family. If the show wants to shit on Scrubs completely, Anna shouldn't call Patrick her family and Maxie should be nothing but pissed at his ass.

• Love 3

IMO Ron loves the Scorpios - Robin, Anna, Robert. He just takes them, and a lot of characters or actors he loves, for granted. He knows they can handle any heartache or anguish or trouble because oh, the actors are wonderful and the audience loves them and we love them and won't they do wonderfully with this material?

I'm sure he'd blame some of the Scorpios mess on Tristan Rogers.  "So ungrateful, how dare he take a guaranteed, full-time job and not stick around to fulfill my vision!".

• Love 8

I'm starting to wonder about Ron. Maybe he's like the main character in Dexter - as long as his sadistic fantasies are confined to this show, we should just be grateful?

I'm sure he'd blame some of the Scorpios mess on Tristan Rogers.  "So ungrateful, how dare he take a guaranteed, full-time job and not stick around to fulfill my vision!".

Yeah, exactly. I'm sure we'll hear the same thing about Kevin soon enough.

• Love 4

1. Nobody else literally groaned at the townie thing? Just me?  It's yet another 'fetch' on this show. It's worse.  It's meta fetch, because it reminds me that I'm watching a Ron Carlivati production.

2. Lulu's and Maxie's hair looked good.  New hair dresser?

3. I remember the days when the scenes containing the action sequences would be the meat of the show, and the rest the trimming.  Now, out of 36 minutes of showtime, 33 is spent on people gabbing and exchanging yucks (donuts! townies! Spencer! Spencer! Spencer!), 3 minutes were spent on the "A" story of Faison's escape.  Granted, given how shoddy it was executed, more time spent on it would have been excruciating.

4. Anyone else expect Jason to bump into a wall given how covered he was in that mask. Just me? 

• Love 2

1. Nobody else literally groaned at the townie thing? Just me?  It's yet another 'fetch' on this show. It's worse.  It's meta fetch, because it reminds me that I'm watching a Ron Carlivati production.

I am over it and many other played-out little social media in-jokes on the show. It was funny the first five times Spencer said it, that's about it.

• Love 1

The whole thing was just so contrived and forced. She gives up a chance to be with Faison to hold vigil over Nathan? Britt willingly leaves with a man she referred to last week as "that creature"? It was so phony, it was embarrassing.

Obviously, there were logistics at work (Britt has to leave because KT is leaving, Obrecht has to stay because KG is staying), but yeah, a lot of the beats seemed rushed and didn't make a ton of sense.  Obrecht passing on her lifetime dream of being a family with Faison and Britt  to tend to a not-life-threateningly injured Nathan, who she's still planning on abandoning?  Britt heading off with Faison, who she hates, on the off-chance Nik stops sniffing around Liz long enough to file charges?  Faison having no kind of "betrayed" reaction to Obrecht having sired a male heir with another man?

I'm also pissed we got no good-bye between Britt and Nathan.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
jsbt- WORD to your entire response to me, especially the taking vets for granted part (he's mostly like, "See! A vet!"And thinks that's enough) and him "getting back" at fans though the story. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I was thinking nearly the same answer to that question.  Ron honestly doesn't realize that he's doing Scrubs or Anna or Patrick or Robin any injustice.  He just takes for granted that people realize that Scrubs love each other.  Thus, Patrick doesn't need to show it.  He takes for granted that Anna is a competent police commissioner, so she can take the "hit" when things go wrong. Robin's a great mom, so when she goes away without much of a fight, we're to assume that she's still a great mom.

But the well is beginning to run dry.  How many times can Patrick be clueless?  How many more criminals can get away?  How many birthdays of Emma can Robin miss and not be a bad mom?

Ron's just all caught up on the fires he needs to stoke (Patrick and Sam sexual tension! Criminals must get away so they can wreak havoc tomorrow!) that he ignores the fires that already were well lit.  Except that those well-lit ones are now starting to fade.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

I think in Ron's perfect world he'd use them all all the time, but if he can only use or prioritize so many in so much time, he will gravitate towards his new shiny objects - Obrecht, Nina, Franco, etc. And hey, we'll give Anna and the Scorpio-Drakes (or Monica, or Tracy) some great scenes during sweeps (or just after, or uh, two months later) and that'll be their payoff.

You can even see it with the Sonny/Michael/A.J. denouement, honestly. While yes, Sonny is a terrible man, that drama was great and I wanted as much of it as I could get. That shit was decades in the making. Instead, because they wanted to leap back to the Obrecht/Faison/Flukes stuff and keep on with Fronk & Neeno's Excellent Adventure, Sonny goes off to jail immediately - very few big scenes in court, no fuss, no muss. Just transplant Sonny to prison. Boop!

• Love 4

Why is Carly trying to get Patrick and Sam together. What about trying to save his marriage? You know to the woman who did everything to save the beloved Jason?? Anyone remember her? The woman who was kidnapped? Kept from her family? Forced to save Helena and Victor as part of the deal to save Jason and protect her family??

Sure. Whatever. Go save your brand new "friends with benefits" gig with Sam. Hope she drops him like its hot when she knows Jason is alive. Grrrr.

• Love 4

Obviously, there were logistics at work (Britt has to leave because KT is leaving, Obrecht has to stay because KG is staying), but yeah, a lot of the beats seemed rushed and didn't make a ton of sense.  Obrecht passing on her lifetime dream of being a family with Faison and Britt  to tend to a not-life-threateningly injured Nathan

Didn't Faison say he might not make it through the night? Or did something happen afterwards?

I think in Ron's perfect world he'd use them all all the time, but if he can only use or prioritize so many in so much time, he will gravitate towards his new shiny objects - Obrecht, Nina, Franco, etc. And hey, we'll give Anna and the Scorpio-Drakes (or Monica, or Tracy) some great scenes during sweeps (or just after, or uh, two months later) and that'll be their payoff.

You can even see it with the Sonny/Michael/A.J. denouement, honestly. While yes, Sonny is a terrible man, that drama was great and I wanted as much of it as I could get. That shit was decades in the making. Instead, because they wanted to leap back to the Obrecht/Faison/Flukes stuff and keep on with Fronk & Neeno's Excellent Adventure, Sonny goes off to jail immediately - very few big scenes in court, no fuss, no muss. Just transplant Sonny to prison. Boop!

Yes! That was so frustrating. And NO ONE in town gossiping/talking about it. Lame lame lame.

• Love 2

Didn't Faison say he might not make it through the night? Or did something happen afterwards?

I thought Helena said it wasn't a serious wound, but maybe I misheard.

My favorite thing Carly said to Patrick was when she said that Patty understands what Jason meant to Sam and Sam understands what Robin meant to Patty.

I'M SORRY, WHAT?

Seriously, when has Carly seen Sam and Patrick together...ever?

Yeah, exactly. I'm sure we'll hear the same thing about Kevin soon enough.

Someone like Kevin, who isn't involved in a big story, will get three lines a month, and Ron will get mad that JL didn't want to stick around for that.

And who's to say the big story an actor is promised will actually pan out? Ron talks a big talk, but if he loses interest, that story is over, and the actor is stuck.

["Townie"] was funny the first five times Spencer said it, that's about it.

You're more tolerant of this than I am, jsbt. I tired of it by the third mention. It didn't even work when Cam reminded the little shit that he was born in PC—and therefore, a townie himself.

Faison having no kind of "betrayed" reaction to Obrecht having sired a male heir with another man?

Faison will probably jump ship after hour two with Britt, so he'll be back.

Why is Carly trying to get Patrick and Sam together.

She hates Robin, and she doesn't have anything else to do now that Sonny is in jail, Michael hates her, and Franco is off with Nina.

I thought Helena said it wasn't a serious wound, but maybe I misheard.

You didn't mishear. 

• Love 3

The stupid, it burns. I know that this is a minor detail but it shows the stupid. Since Sonny and Johnny are wearing jackets, I assume that the exercise are is outdoor. If so, why is the door with the exit sign there?

Seriously, when has Carly seen Sam and Patrick together...ever?

Yes! And not only that. Patrick did not like Jason. He didn't even understand his ex's platonic relationship with Jase. But he understands Mrs. Morgan's? Mrs. Morgan, who would have done EVEN MORE for Jason than Robin? It's just insulting. It's insulting to Robin fans, Scrubs fans, longtime viewers who know the history of these characters. I just can't.

• Love 4

I really HATE the destruction of Anna's character.  HATE.

I was hoping Spencer tripped over something and fell into the frigid water.  Points To Helena for the verbal smackdown that little brat deserves..

Didn't the PCPPD ever hear of disabling a vehicle by shooting the tires out?  I don't care is he Jason, Jackson or John Doe, he's on my shitlist, he shot my Detective Plywood and must be punished.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Father Christmas--just look at Sonny in all his beat up glory!!!! 

By Britt--you were deeply flawed, and not too well written but I will miss you.

Edited by One More Time

KT was lovely in her scenes with Spencer, but wtf was up with that super long, unnecessary teary goodbye between Britt and Dr O?  This is the same woman that was threatening you a few days ago.  STFU Liesl, just because you decided to stay behind doesn't mean you are still not a psycho.  Choppy, silly exit for Britt.  I guess I should be grateful she is alive and not in jail.  Whatever.

I am just as confused as you all are about Jason's brainwashing.  So he knew Sam was his wife when he manhandled her into a wall?  I get his memories aren't magically back, but dude...you are on my list.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 1

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I thought it was actually good. Mind you, I skipped the Patrick/Carly and Nik/Liz scenes.

Whatever, I love Nathan. I shipped him with Anna (obviously), Sam, AND Lulu during those scenes.

Maxie/Lulu were really cute today. I've warmed a lot to ER's Lulu. I liked her eye shadow today, but it seemed a bit much for day.

Ugh, Britt should've stayed to check on Nathan. I'm so pissed we won't get one last Nathan/Britt scene. What a waste.

Poor Britt. Hanging out with Faison - what kind of consolation prize is that?!

If I were Britt, I'd rather go to jail.

Well, they have an easy way to bring Britt back now; she can just be like I couldn't deal with Faison anymore so fine arrest me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Okay so...

Jakson was trapped with about ten cops pointing at least ten guns at him with at least one, Nathan, proclaiming that he could take a clean shot for what seemed like a whole hour but yet that all still did nothing to convince Anna not to give in and she allowed the hired gun and Faison to escape...

Seriously? Does Ron enjoy making her look like some totally incompetent moron? 

Also I loved how they all began to fire at what was certainly a bullet proof vehicle while Sam lay two feet away in a heap on the ground with nary a single officer rushing to aid her. But I guess she had good company because Nathan was bleeding out on the lawn apparently still across the way without any help either.

Oh PCPD, never grow a brain.

I have to love how suddenly being shot in the shoulder region bloody mean someone is basically at death's door.

Not even "Grey's Anatomy" gets things this screwed up in the name of dramatic medical science. And he was bleeding out where? The little hanky they were hold against the "wound" was barely half stained with blood.

And Lulu if your husband is talking, walking and not sporting a fresh bullet hole then yes, I am pretty sure the first time he tells you that he's okay, he is in fact okay.

I also wanted her shot for that godawful line about Nathan's body with Maxie at Kelly's.

And surely Ron was proudly patting himself on the back with the whole Maxie says her man is at the prison and we flash to Johnny and Sonny, aren't you so so clever Ronnie. Asshole.

Thank god Helena finally put that little horror in his place. I love how she immediately struck fear into his lisping little heart. That was the single best thing she's done in years imho. Though whacking his naughty backside with her cane would have been a welcome final touch.

Kelly really turned on the waterworks today, but it was clear to me that she was feeling truly emotional saying her goodbyes via the character though it still made sense for Britt to be so emotional as well.

It was pretty good work from her, too bad they never could really give her anything to showcase it more often. Though I guess no one thought Britt and Nathan needed to say a goodbye to each other or anything, yet again this show doesn't give a rat's ass about family.

Patrick is just...disgusting. What a vile, horrible person he is. I really can't say much else, I don't want to waste the time on his self serving, sorry ass.

Carly really needs to just die. Die die die.

• Love 4

I forgot to mention my favorite part.  Nathan got shot IN THE SHOULDER.  

That tickles me every.damn.time.

How many shoulder wounds is that now? 

I'll bet Shawn dreams of being able to actually hit someone in the shoulder.

• Love 21

My favorite thing Carly said to Patrick was when she said that Patty understands what Jason meant to Sam and Sam understands what Robin meant to Patty.

I'M SORRY, WHAT?

Carly says a lot of BS. For example, "it was the tumor" or "I have a soul".

Can someone explain to me why Helena told Jakeson to forget their previous conversation yet still called.him Mr. Morgan at the end of their meeting? What is he supposed to forget exactly? What does he remember?

• Love 7

Yes. He obviously LOVES it. Sorry Ron, but writing Anna badly is not gonna make Dr. O a hero. Nice try, buddy.

Just like having Franco cuddle a baby for days on end isn't going to make people forget that he's a SERIAL KILLER.

• Love 8