Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sometimes, when I think about all of the lost potential, and who's still onscreen despite their many crimes, I want to start a FREE JOHHNY kickstarter campaign.

Johnny's omnipotence would be extremely useful right about now. He'd know that Sonny killed AJ, that Ava killed Connie, he'd know who the father of Ava's baby is, that Jake is Jason, what the real deal regarding Robin is and what Sonny and Carly have been up to as well as Franco's 'plaaaan' for them!

• Love 6

That was after she snarked at him (in front of said patient) for not calling PatientWithoutAName, anything but Jake (From State Farm). She threw shade from the moment he stepped in the room.  Why not fling some back at her?  That's what she can't handle; having her own shit served to her.  

Yeah, she said it with more harshness than needed, but in response to him saying "John Doe" - like he was some anonymous object of desire, not a conscious patient witnessing the exchange.But I wouldn't be perfectly pleasant to a tech who I knew shouldn't even be working there after conspiring w/Britt about Dante and Lulu's embryo. Flinging it back at her would be say, snarking about her making a mistake regarding reading lab results, or handling a patient's medication - NOT bringing up Britt moving into Wydemere and Nik's bed like a kid essentially going "Na na, na, guess what, Nik didn't pick you." She can handle getting attitude - for example I clearly remember the back-and-forth between Elizabeth and Britt in the park. It's just Britt and her "bestie" don't have the balls to be real around people who could possibly hold them accountable for acting like pathetic teenagers.

• Love 3

How very generous of Sonny to find yet another person to take the fall for one of his heinous deeds all so that he won't have to deal with Michael ever finding out he murdered AJ.

Even if Ron doesn't write it in that Sonny pays a heavy, and about damn time, price of a lifetime for killing AJ, Sonny has been officially ruined by all of this, imho. He and Sabrina both have crossed lines there's just no coming back from, even on a soap. 

Shawn is as useful as a blind, deaf, and toeless pigeon.

As for Sabrina, I just want her ended. Felix can go with to keep her company in the afterlife or wherever they might end up. Just to see him trying to justify what she did by using the excuse of her "grief", disgusting.

The faces Michael kept making during the Silas and Nina's scenes kept cracking me up. Michelle really...was...um...yeah I am just speechless, really, that was probably the biggest WTF sequence from her yet. She's had some pretty classic freakouts from her Y&R days but man oh man, this one was quite the dozy.

I did like how Silas didn't just blow up and realized that the Nina is a very sick woman and was trying to remain calm and find a way to get through her mental breakdown. At least he isn't pulling a Sonny and calling her a "lying bitch!" and knocking things around and threatening her, etc. It's nice to see someone behaving like an adult during a very difficult time with their spouse person, it doesn't seem to happen very often on this show anymore, if at all.

Of course the psycho chick then knocks him the fuck out for all his efforts, figures.

Yes, Morgan, Silas may be a "cancer doctor" but you have to know a lot of other types of medicine before they allow you to get that far. *Sighs* He's so special it hurts my own brain cells. And the "duh dur?" face is getting even dumber looking the longer this shit goes on for with Ava.

The Benson/Jones clan scenes were...interesting, I guess?

That stupid corn outfit needs to be retired and torched though. But I did chuckle at Joss' choices for a better stepfather to have than the SERIAL KILLER. Stephen King or Victor Cassadine, quite the options there. Though Sonny is never, ever, ever the better choice kiddo, about anything.

Watching Maxie and Lucas carrying her out of the room was amusing as well, everyone should be removed from rooms that way on this show.

Oh good god, Heather's back and the Nina has launched a full on pterodactyl attack on Mags in the previews...I need a drink already.

• Love 3

Kiki has the cojones to say Franco is "honorable" - in front of Michael's brother. That sound you hear is my brain exploding.

I'm actually surprised that The Nina told Silas she enjoyed trashing his place the night of the Nik&Britt engagement party. Guess that was the intro to her revenge for A) Ava and B) Sam. It's interesting to see Silas acting quiet hate/disgust instead of indifference. 

Josslyn is SO the daughter Carly deserves.   Hahahahaha. Unless you're Carly, you get that you've sunk below pathetic when a child labels your wedding a joke. 

• Love 2
Unless you're Carly, you get that you've sunk below pathetic when a child labels your wedding a joke.

And that goes doubly so when said child is wearing a corn costume.

• Love 5

Donna Mills: Yes, Silas was a total friggin douchebag who went to school on Nina's dime and cheated on her, but Nina was always a nut and so really, Silas' doucheness didn't matter in the end!

Thanks, Donna Mills. 

Loved the Bobbie/Lucas/Joss/Carly/Maxie scenes. Those are the kind of scenes we don't have a lot and what are really all I want/need Bobbie back for, not ridiculous cat fights. Love that everyone wants her to get married to Jax again, and Joss sighing that she'd take Victor Cassadine, Stephen King, or even Sonny as a step dad over Franco. hee. And poor Joss. She does have a good point. Why should she have to miss out on trick-or-treating?

I liked Maxie's skirt.

How would Shawn know about Joey Limbo? I admit though that I remember everything about Joey Limbo. I even remember his full name was Joey Limbowski. Oh, God. It was prime Dante time back then, don't judge me. But I say this because a) Sonny said today they can't blame the murder on Maxie because they can't use people they care about it. Also around Joey Limbo the dayplayer graced us, Sonny was ready to off Maxie because she had scene Michael with a bloody shirt the night he killed Claudia. And b) the writers looked up Joey Limbo but they didn't look up that Michael was 18 and not 17 when he went to prison. They only beat that fact into our heads over and over back then.

Franco is so much better as evil manipulating Franco. 

Michael: You got me raped.

Franco the SERIAL KILLER: So, your daddy Sonny hurt my feelings.  Be my best man?

Michael: Okay.

Me: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

See, I didn't hate that because it was all an act on Franco's part. I hate that Michael agreed but oh well, as long as the plot gets a-moving.

• Love 4

If Maxie is calling you out for being an idiot, Carly, then things are pretty bad.

I would love Heather forever if she got the drop on Sonny and killed him. And Shawn.

Michelle Stafford is embarrassingly horrible. I mean, there aren't words strong enough to describe how bad she is.  And the previews of her screeching at Donna Mills like a demented velociraptor were just ... ugh. Go away.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

She can handle getting attitude - for example I clearly remember the back-and-forth between Elizabeth and Britt in the park. It's just Britt and her "bestie" don't have the balls to be real around people who could possibly hold them accountable for acting like pathetic teenagers.

Considering that I've seen Liz be really mealy-mouthed herself in front of someone she wants to think well of her, it's kind of like the pot telling the kettle that it's black or her to be on Brad's case. I mean, I hate Brad because he's a perv, but I've witnessed for myself how Liz rolls.

• Love 3

I'm actually surprised that The Nina told Silas she enjoyed trashing his place the night of the Nik&Britt engagement party.

I was shocked that Nina admitted to Silas that Britt said she was in menopause.  I thought for sure Nina was going to blackmail Britt into helping her fake a pregnancy.

As much as I want to see Kevin, is it worth it if those scenes would be with crazy cakes Nina?

• Love 1

How very generous of Sonny to find yet another person to take the fall for one of his heinous deeds all so that he won't have to deal with Michael ever finding out he murdered AJ.

Honestly, if Sonny doesn't have a Boardwalk Empire type ending....

I haven't watched and after reading Shawn suggesting Maxie and Franco hand waving getting Michael raped I kind of doubt I will be watching, but is Sonny doing this to keep Franco quiet or because he wants Carly's vagina without the nuisance of Franco?

• Love 2

See, I didn't hate that because it was all an act on Franco's part. I hate that Michael agreed but oh well, as long as the plot gets a-moving.

I get what you're saying, but I still think the show wants us to be rooting Franco to "punish" Sonny and Carly, that they view him as the truth-telling hero in this at the end of the day.  And I'm not rooting for a SERIAL KILLER who manipulates the young man he got raped.

Ron just wants his "Aw Hell No!" wedding at all costs and doesn't care what kinda bullshit he has to sell to get there.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Yeah, probably. I still have a little hope though that we're supposed to think they're all assholes, because he was shamelessly manipulating Michael into a scenario where the truth will be revealed to him in the most painful way possible. Even with the retcon of the tumor, purposefully or not, Michael was innocent and got caught up in Franco's crossfire and he's once again getting Michael caught in the crossfire. That's not rootable, unlike his revenge on Sonny and Carly. We'll see how it all goes down after the wedding, I guess.

I loved ME this week, but I did love that finally someone yelled "don't roll your eyes at me!" in a scene to him. How the hell did Nina knock him the fuck out? And dude wtf is she doing tomorrow?

Slammed his head against a wall? I wouldn't bet against Michelle Stafford in a fight between her and Michael Easton.

• Love 6

Yeah, probably. I still have a little hope though that we're supposed to think they're all assholes, because he was shamelessly manipulating Michael into a scenario where the truth will be revealed to him in the most painful way possible. Even with the retcon of the tumor, purposefully or not, Michael was innocent and got caught up in Franco's crossfire and he's once again getting Michael caught in the crossfire. That's not rootable, unlike his revenge on Sonny and Carly. We'll see how it all goes down after the wedding, I guess.

I guess I'm worried that Franco, at the end of this, will get a pass because he's the brave little toaster who told Michael and everyone else the truth.  No sale.

Michael should be first and foremost furious at Sonny and Carly, but he should also take time out of his day to blast Franco for this.  And if his little girlfriend Kiki dares to stand up for the SERIAL KILLER, he should drop kick her into next week as well.

• Love 3

I guess I'm worried that Franco, at the end of this, will get a pass because he's the brave little toaster who told Michael and everyone else the truth.  No sale.

Michael should be first and foremost furious at Sonny and Carly, but he should also take time out of his day to blast Franco for this.  And if his little girlfriend Kiki dares to stand up for the SERIAL KILLER, he should drop kick her into next week as well.

Oh, for sure. I said elsewhere Franco should be the first one Michael kills after he reveals the truth.

When Nina was talking about how her mom stuck a needle in her, I really wanted Madeline to come around and stick a needle in my ear right then.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I loved ME this week, but I did love that finally someone yelled "don't roll your eyes at me!" in a scene to him.

That was pretty awesome.  Now if only someone would yell at Sonny to spit it out my week would be complete.  But again I ask--why does no one seem at all curious where Nina was for the (had to be at least a) year she was awake before arriving in Port Charles? 

Maxie was GORGEOUS today.  I hope she isn't trying to lose the 10 lbs or so of baby weight she still has left.  She looks so much better now than she did at her most waif-like.

Donna Mills was also gorgeous.  And Nathan still can't act.

That's all I got.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 3

Considering that I've seen Liz be really mealy-mouthed herself in front of someone she wants to think well of her, it's kind of like the pot telling the kettle that it's black or her to be on Brad's case. I mean, I hate Brad because he's a perv, but I've witnessed for myself how Liz rolls.

Liz does the bitchface and snark well, for sure, but I think on her worst day Brad and Britt are still 1,000 percent more loathsome. Brad for obvious reasons (yes, going after rape victim Michael for sex is on that list). I still want someone to give Britt a mega smackdown for taunting Liz about her ex abandoning their sons while standing in her 'beloved' Nikolas' home. Um, the people you're talking about are his brother and nephews, bitch. I love how Britt thinks she's an expert on the Nik, Lucky, Liz past when she didn't come to Port Charles until well after Lucky left town. Actually, Britt and Carly could work well as besties, if Morgan isn't in any of their scenes.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

I still want someone to give Britt a mega smackdown for taunting Liz about her ex abandoning their sons while standing in her 'beloved' Nikolas' home.

Well, Liz was only there to have that thrown at her because she hopped a launch to Spoon Island to gloat about the illegal DNA test she performed and how she couldn't wait for Britt to get dumped by the guy Liz allegedly didn't want.

So nobody was winning points for their maturity that day.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I'm still wondering how this is supposed to go down without Ava going down with Sonny.  Does Franco not care?

Also, if the truth about AJ's murder is brought out while Connie's is kept quiet I would imagine that would make Michael ragey all over again and that rage would include Franco.

• Love 1

I'm still wondering how this is supposed to go down without Ava going down with Sonny.  Does Franco not care?

Well, the video Franco has only talks about Sonny killing AJ and Carly helping to cover it up, not the Ava/Connie stuff.  But why Sonny would hold his tongue about the Ava part if he's exposed is beyond me.

• Love 1

Damn, too bad Lucas and Maxie are related.

...and he's gay.  You can tell because he's only on-screen to a) talking about how much he luuuuuuuvs watching "The Golden Girls" and "Knots Landing" and b) to help plan weddings.

• Love 3

Well yeah, but I figured that went without saying :) We're reminded of that a lot more often than we are that Maxie and Lucas are related.

I figured Lucas was there just to pad out the scenes and to throw the Lucas fans a bone since he hasn't been seen in ages but I guess it could have been a "look! He's gay! He loves planning weddings too!" moment. But he left out any lines about how he just loves planning weddings or the Golden Girls or 80s tv, so I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 4

I guess I was hoping for some quality Lucas/Maxie one-on-one time.

Gotta say, I am stunned that Josslyn still hates Franco.  I thought for sure they would eventually become best buddies and we would be asked to swoon about how cute Roger Howarth is with kids.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Well, the video Franco has only talks about Sonny killing AJ and Carly helping to cover it up, not the Ava/Connie stuff.  But why Sonny would hold his tongue about the Ava part if he's exposed is beyond me.

That's what I mean.  Sonny is going to have to defend himself, which means he is going to have to tell him what he saw between Ava and AJ.   Eventually the truth about Connie and Ava has to bleed out.  Hell, maybe the writers could give Michael the town brain and have him start having flashbacks and start piecing things together.

• Love 2
Damn, too bad Lucas and Maxie are related. There's chemistry there.

I could see that before whatever the hell is supposed to be happening between her and Nathan. At least things are organic and aren't forced or contrived between them, Lucas and Maxie that is.

• Love 1

Definitely, Uncle Frank definitely needs to find money in the budget to hire an enunciation coach for Mo and The Staff. Definitely.

I spent the entire episode trying to figure out who this "Julie" was that Sonny was talking about, and I had no idea what Nina was saying.

Uh, I guess it's nice that Maxie is actively employed again.

• Love 2

If the conversation with Franco before the best man bs, doesn't clue Micheal in, then he doesn't deserve to be a Quartermaine. Seriously even the dumbest Q could piece and scheme that shit together.

Didn't Roger as Todd adlib a line to Sonny about his stuttering? I'm positive he said "spitf it out! " to him.

• Love 1
why does no one seem at all curious where Nina was for the (had to be at least a) year she was awake before arriving in Port Charles?

Wasn't she at the clinic where Robin was working?

I still want someone to give Britt a mega smackdown for taunting Liz about her ex abandoning their sons while standing in her 'beloved' Nikolas' home. Um, the people you're talking about are his brother and nephews, bitch.

That someone should have been Nik, but he's an asshole.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Honestly, if Sonny doesn't have a Boardwalk Empire type ending....

I haven't watched and after reading Shawn suggesting Maxie and Franco hand waving getting Michael raped I kind of doubt I will be watching, but is Sonny doing this to keep Franco quiet or because he wants Carly's vagina without the nuisance of Franco?

Two birds, one bullet.

• Love 4

If the conversation with Franco before the best man bs, doesn't clue Micheal in, then he doesn't deserve to be a Quartermaine. Seriously even the dumbest Q could piece and scheme that shit together.

Didn't Roger as Todd adlib a line to Sonny about his stuttering? I'm positive he said "spitf it out! " to him.

LOL That's kinda funny because that's something scott has said for years not about sonny but just a phrase hes said regularely.

• Love 2
She woke up there, but why was she there? What's the Cassadine connection?

Madeline was moving Nina around so that Silas wouldn't find her. I assume that's why she ended up there. Maybe Liesl recommended it because of the Cassadine connection? For now, it's not a plot point.

• Love 1

Eh I assumed it would be.

Anyway, I'm not concerned with Sonny bringing up Connie's murder. Morgan will be in full on dad mode and either not believe him.....

Or it shall force Recording out. I'll be bold and guess Franco is trying to get Heather on that shit. Who better than your crazeballs mommy who can kill, kidnap, and hide bodies to help you? Besides, Heather always um was fond of the Q's. .....well she liked them more than Carly. So yeah, I'm expecting Heather to get that shit and be the Marlena in a box for the Halloween Wedding.

I'm shocked Sonny had the fucking nerve to name check Johnny. Bitch, I hope his goons cut you. And shut up and die, Shawn. Just die. In a fire. Where's Cameron?

I'm so sick of the corn suit.

• Love 2

I didn't like that the presentation of the scene was, "Oh thank goodness Jake(son) was here to save Liz and force an apology out of Brad like the angelic hitman he is!".  Liz doesn't need anyone to fight her battles for her.

And like I said yesterday, Liz is not above petty gloating (see her hopping a launch to Spoon Island to gleefully inform Britt about the illegal DNA test she did instead of going directly to Dante and Lulu) so having Jake(son) rescue her from it just seemed silly.

I loved both her doing that (because srsly, Britt deserved that!) but I loved her being called out on it by Ric and Nik. Liz should've known better. But I can tolerate her hypocrisy now b/c the writing is… well, less melodramatic. More snarky. More fun for me to watch when Liz gets her halo tarnished. And I say that as a Liz lover, LOL! My girl can be a ******, but I want her to work her attitude while she does it. 

• Love 3

My problem with it is not so much that Franco did it, because Franco was manipulating him and Franco is a jackass so whatever.

My problem is that RC wrote it. I am beyond tired of RC hand-waving away rape like it's no big deal. There were other ways to do it - have Franco blackmail Michael into going, promise him info on AJ if he goes, whatever. But this whole "Yeah, I know I orchestrated your rape but geez it was like years ago plus tumor" is beyond disgusting, imo.

• Love 6

Yeah. I didn't get that vibe from this scene though. He didn't defend himself by bringing up the tumor or it being years ago. Couple that with Maxie bringing up what Franco did to Michael and Franco's crimes are a Big Deal again right now. Whether they will follow through on that is iffy though of course. 

• Love 4

Ron really has turned Silas into the biggest ass ever.  I have no use for MS as The Nina, but I couldn't help but cheer her on as she went all psycho-bitch on his ass.  Ron may not be on my Christmas card list, but I almost felt like her diatribe was his little gift to OLTL fans.

Child of the corn has to go. It's played out.

Shawn and Sonny can go too.

Morgan and Ava are sweet.

• Love 3

What in the world was Nina screaming at her mom in the previews? She's so cray cray.

Oh Sabrina, you really are an idiot.

The wedding reveal better be amazing. I want Michael to go apeshit on his stupid ass parents and maybe shoot Sonny in the face. Is that too much to ask for?

So Ava is going to be in preterm labor for the next two days until someone can find a doctor? If the baby dies it's all her stupid fault for not going to the hospital.

• Love 1

I don't think RH gives a damn that Michael got raped because overall, he has never written a scene with Michael getting in Franco's face about it.  The Metro Court was the closest I've ever seen.  Maybe it's because RC favors RH so much - just like KA and Kiki - that he won't write them as villains.  Michael agreeing to be Franco's best man was written SOOOO badly.  I could have penned a better conversation with those two.  For one thing, Michael would have been in Franco's face about it "Are you kidding me!?  After what you did?!"  Make it more confrontational, more dramatic and angry.  Instead RC wrote it like a passing conversation, like two guys discussing lunch.  If this is an indication of how RC plans on writing the big AJ/Sonny reveal, then God help us.  This was HORRIBLY written.  Also, what was the purpose?  Franco wants Michael next to him when the truth is revealed?  He can't be in the church audience?  Bottom line:  If RC actually wrote GH characters true to form, Michael would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER have agreed to be Franco's best man.  NEVER!!!  But RC doesn't care because he's a GH character.  I hate how RC writes the Franco/Michael situation because he allows RH to make it a joke.  I mean did Franco actually compare Michael's rape to Franco seeing Carly and Sonny kissing as equally traumatic?  Really, RC?  Really??!!!!  Ugh, I can't.

Kiki, Kiki, Kiki.  Her character is just the worst.  So didn't she say that she couldn't tell Michael the truth about Sonny and Carly sleeping together because he couldn't keep her secret, even though he already kept a big secret for her and lied to his father?  She said that she couldn't trust Michael not to run to Franco and tell him, wasn't that it?  But she trusts Morgan not to say anything about Sonny and Carly to Franco, right?  She trusts Silas not to say anything about Ava hiding at the brownstone, right?  "If I ask him not to say anything, he'll keep my secret?"  So it's just Michael she can't stop lying to then?  Got it.

I am waiting very patiently for Michael to kick all of these people to the curb:  Franco, Carly, Sonny, and most definitely Kiki.  However, after today, I don't trust RC to write a scene that is as good as what I picture in my head, and I don't think he would ever allow anyone to say boo to RH's Franco and KA's Kiki.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 8