Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Ugh, so Franco's going to sneak around and magically mend Liz's family, and we're back to Liz aggrandizing their relationship by calling their wedding day the second most important event of her life after the birth of her kids. Hard pass to all of it.

Yup, count me out. I knew I was hoping for too much that she would hang up the phone with Sara, bark a firm "BACK OFF" at Franco and go back to her rounds. Maybe there's still a chance since he's not stopping and going for the parents. But probably not. Probably end up melting her heart and being her hero. Barf. 

• Love 2

Would it be too much to hope that Elizabeth will dump Franco over his meddling and then he'll just leave town and get lost in the Amazon where he'll be eaten by a boa constructor so that I never have to see him again. He's such an annoying prick.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Dr. Bensch smirking at his picture of Kiki and Griffin hugging was such a cartoon villain move, and it was really an unnecessary addition to the story. Realistically, he wouldn't need that picture to attempt to discredit Kiki;

I was shocked that someone on the show knows to use a cellphone to record. The whole time Bensch was trying to psych Kiki out, I was shouting "Record everything! Turn your damn phone on!"

I am so over Griffin. All he can do is be judgemental or look like he's in pain. What a waste of money for an actor.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm really enjoying these Alexis/Kevin scenes.

Same here. It's nice to see Alexis genuinely trying to change things for herself. Kevin always seems to bring out the adult in people, which I appreciate.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Realistically, [Bensch] wouldn't need that picture to attempt to discredit Kiki; the fact that he's a WHITE man with decades of experience and credentials would do the job for him.

Fixed that for you.

I think the only way JJ would return is if GH were ending.

Obviously the show finds it charming to have Valentin refuse to let Nina go. I find it controlling and gross.

If Elizabeth isn't all that broken up about not being in touch with her family, why is Franco so hellbent on trying to fix it? Talk about controlling and gross.

Shouldn't Ned be among the exes Kevin listed to sit in on a few of Alexis's therapy sessions? She left him at the altar, so there should be something to unpack there.

What a bizarre way to end the show: Alexis wearing her mother's watch, staring in the mirror, while the recording of her mother plays. 

• Love 8

Is Alexis going to do a  creepy attempt to mimic her mother to find out why she made the decisions that she did?

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Shouldn't Ned be among the exes Kevin listed to sit in on a few of Alexis's therapy sessions? She left him at the altar, so there should be something to unpack there.

There may be something for Ned to unpack since he was the one left but Alexis wanted to know why  she only  interested in the bad boys and not nice guys like Ned or picks an unavailable one like Finn. For that, Kevin wants a bad boy there.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Obviously the show finds it charming to have Valentin refuse to let Nina go. I find it controlling and gross.

Valentin is going to use the 30-day moratorium he imposed to find something he can use to blackmail Nina to stay marry to him, I'm almost sure of it. The show itself seems to have forgotten about Cassandra and her murder, so maybe Valentin will find the text message on Nina's phone and discover that she and Liesl kidnapped Peter. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sam is so lame as a PI. Valentin should call the police on them for breaking and entering and invasion of privacy by calling the charter company.

Valentin: "You two aren't very good at covering your tracks."

Sam: "We weren't hiding."  As she emerges from...her hiding place.

Sam is far too smug for such a shitty PI.  And it's rubbing off on Curtis.

• Love 15
On 6/13/2018 at 2:35 PM, Linny said:

If this were a more nuanced show I'd say Kiki was displacing her anger with herself for sleeping with Griffin onto her mother, 

It’s not a nuanced show at all, but this is actually how I interpreted that scene.  

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The original Sarah showed up in '96; she was around for at least two years--she was there when Liz was raped, and that happened in '98. Then the recast showed up when what'shisface,Yeller McYellerson played Lucky; 

Yelly!! How he used to make laugh. Good times.

• Love 1

I swear if they make it seem that Franco actually gets Liz's parents to attend this stupid wedding, when they couldn't be bothered when Steve Hardy died, Liz was raped, had children, lost children, gotten married (once in a spectacular big wedding to Lucky where everyone in Port Charles attended), was placed in a mental facility, and even met her long lost sister from her father's affair, I will SCREAM!

If Kevin has privileges at Ferncliff, wouldn't he be able to decrease Carly's medication seeing how he is psychiatrist and Nurse Ratchet isn't.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That was so dumb.  They knew he was on his way back and Sam was determined to ask him abou tthe plane, so why hide?  I actually expected them to be sitting on the couch waiting for him.  INstead they're hiding and she gets snippy when he catches them hiding.  

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

If Kevin has privileges at Ferncliff, wouldn't he be able to decrease Carly's medication seeing how he is psychiatrist and Nurse Ratchet isn't.

Yes, but then Nurse Ratchet will just re-increase it for her own nefarious purposes.  We must be made to feel badly for poor Carly.  

• Love 3

When Kevin first walked in Carly's room, he had a look on his face that made me think he was in onthe drugging of the patients.  then back from commercial and he's all concerned about loopy Carly.  Made me think they were about to besmirch Kevin's character, since we can't have one decent guy on this show

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The whole time Bensch was trying to psych Kiki out, I was shouting "Record everything! Turn your damn phone on!"

Same here.  When he admitted he kissed her, I was really hoping she had been recording it, but nope.  

• Love 1

Anytime I have seen Kelly Monaco on something just being herself (interviews, DTWS, and even craptastic Dirty Soap), I have really liked her. So, it irritates me to no end that I cannot like her character. I cannot stand Sam.  If Sam was supposed to be a villain, that'd be great.  I loved hating Helena, for example.  But we are supposed to root for Sam and I just cannot stand her. I agree with others that KM plays her with no energy at all. I wonder if she is subconsciously pissed at them taking Sam away from Drew, played by an actor she has a close relationship with, and put her back with Jason - been there, done that.  She has to be getting bored. I just wish they could make her a more interesting character. It would have nice to have seen some kind of friendship blossom between her and Liz.  Or have them explore her friendship with Maxie more.  Or have her realize that she was in love with memories but her heart really lies with Drew and she was running from the fear she had of the unknown and is done running.  I don't know. I don't care.  Do something to make her more enjoyable.

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It’s not a nuanced show at all, but this is actually how I interpreted that scene.  

Yelly!! How he used to make laugh. Good times.

What made that whole plot of Helena brainwashing this KID into some kind of killing machine so Ridonkulous, was that this KID was any match for Burton's Jason, who was two heads taller, better built and hitman by that point. He looked RIDICULOUS when he attacked Jason and those "ninja" moves just made me howl with laughter. I was actively rooting for Liz and Jason, I LOATHED this "Lucky" so much.

And as for Jonathan Jackson? He's too GOOD for this show. As much as I would like him back, I want him to stay away. Unless Sri Rao is lured into writing only for the vets, because he'll do them justice. I still remember his wonderful writing on Night Shift II! And I will always believe it was canceled because it was such a vastly superior show to this show at the time, and that it BURNED Guzassehole's ASS. Rao did just an amazing job with Robert's cancer story; bringing back John O'Reilly, Sharon Wyatt. Tristan and Finola were just beyond amazing. I really thought they'd get back together. Yikes! Didn't mean to stray off-topic.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Anytime I have seen Kelly Monaco on something just being herself (interviews, DTWS, and even craptastic Dirty Soap), I have really liked her. So, it irritates me to no end that I cannot like her character. I cannot stand Sam.  If Sam was supposed to be a villain, that'd be great.  I loved hating Helena, for example.  But we are supposed to root for Sam and I just cannot stand her. I agree with others that KM plays her with no energy at all. I wonder if she is subconsciously pissed at them taking Sam away from Drew, played by an actor she has a close relationship with, and put her back with Jason - been there, done that.  She has to be getting bored. I just wish they could make her a more interesting character. It would have nice to have seen some kind of friendship blossom between her and Liz.  Or have them explore her friendship with Maxie more.  Or have her realize that she was in love with memories but her heart really lies with Drew and she was running from the fear she had of the unknown and is done running.  I don't know. I don't care.  Do something to make her more enjoyable.

Same.  I like Kelly a whole lot more than Sam.   It's clear KM is at coma level right now and it's painful to watch.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

When Kevin first walked in Carly's room, he had a look on his face that made me think he was in on the drugging of the patients.  then back from commercial and he's all concerned about loopy Carly.  Made me think they were about to besmirch Kevin's character, since we can't have one decent guy on this show

It was kinda a jarring transition to see Kevin at Ferncliff, given he had just been at the hospital with Alexis.  I think this was supposed to show how loopy Carly already is, but I did wonder for a hot second if it was Ryan, that he was somehow still alive and locked up there.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was kinda a jarring transition to see Kevin at Ferncliff, given he had just been at the hospital with Alexis.  I think this was supposed to show how loopy Carly already is, but I did wonder for a hot second if it was Ryan, that he was somehow still alive and locked up there.

At first I thought oh, I guess Kevin does rounds at Ferncliffe. Good, he can help Carly and Jason you can go home. Then the scene got a little creepy. I really hope they aren't making Kevin the bad guy. He's one of maybe three that I actually enjoy watching at the moment. Let it be Ryan if that's what they're doing. 

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I totally agree. I never warmed to Sam either. When I liked her most she was plotting and scheming, filling the more ambiguous villain role. Back then she not only spoke at a normal decibel with some emotion, she even yelled several times! That fiery person could've grown into an independent, tough as nails PI. I also never liked Jasam or saw the chemistry there. In the very beginning I figured ok, mix it up and put these two together for a minute, then move on. I never thought they were super couple material and would still be front and center all these years later. Its all a matter of preference but I always liked Jason with women more his opposite (Robin, Liz), someone to balance the steely exterior but nurture how emotional the guy really is (if they ever choose to play up that side again) and challenge the choices he's made. Sam, IMO, excels most when she's on her own which is never allowed for more than five minutes in soap land. Or in a relationship that she can take the lead in every once in a while. Jason and Sam both became wayyy too one dimensional while together. I don't blame KeMo if she isn't down for that redundancy again. "Drew" was never Jason, and they should've given BM another role because you just knew SBu was gonna come back eventually, but at least his unique portrayal gave KeMo a new way to play the couple and herself in it. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Alexis wanted to know why  she only  interested in the bad boys and not nice guys like Ned or picks an unavailable one like Finn. For that, Kevin wants a bad boy there.

You're right, @statsgirl. I need to pay closer attention. Ha!

14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL. That cracked me up. Sam is such a terrible PI. She's approaching Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter, for professional ineptness.

5 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Anytime I have seen Kelly Monaco on something just being herself (interviews, DTWS, and even craptastic Dirty Soap), I have really liked her.

The majority of the actors have far more personality IRL than their GH characters do. 

• Love 2

Kevin dear, if you're trying to fill your time until Laura comes home, here's a sample list of things you could and should be doing instead of dealing with Carly.  You could read a book.  You could write a book.  You could paint.  You could call your dad.  You could FaceTime your longtime stepdaughters.  You could have a platonic lunch with your ex-wife.  You could patrol the local cemetery for vampires.  You could join an environmental group that protects penguins.  You could...

And Liesl dear, if Nina is going to be this much of an annoying backseat kidnapper/torturer, maybe you should just tie her up too.  Just sayin'.

• Love 12
(edited)
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Kevin dear, if you're trying to fill your time until Laura comes home, here's a sample list of things you could and should be doing instead of dealing with Carly.  You could read a book.  You could write a book.  You could paint.  You could call your dad.  You could FaceTime your longtime stepdaughters.  You could have a platonic lunch with your ex-wife.  You could patrol the local cemetery for vampires.  You could join an environmental group that protects penguins.  You could...

I should not be reading this site when I am drinking in front of a computer. Snort. And Spencer must have the slowest healing bones in the world if Laura is still caring for him six months later. Or he is just accident prone and broke both of his arms soon after his legs healed.

Speaking of his stepdaughters, he could be trying to cultivate some type of relationship with his current stepdaughter that lives in Port Charles.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1

Drew explained Camus to Oscar? No wonder Sam decided to ditch him. She has no intellectual curiosity whatsoever. (To be fair, I don't think any of the characters do, but the show brought it up.)

Drew, how about tracking down some of your SEAL buddies and see if they twig any memories? He acts like André's procedure is the sole way to restore any of his former life.

Was the sound muddy for anyone else? I had to turn on CC to understand anyone.

Sonny's "sly"questioning of Mike was so obvious.

While I appreciate the show reversed the usual gender roles when it comes to hating camping, that doesn't mean I find it amusing that Julian is squeamish. It's still dumb.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

To be fair, Cornelius and Agustin aren't miracles

tumblr_oehrxmh5MB1u0jk06o2_r1_500.gif

Oh my gosh today was one giant snoozefest.  How can Anna be in such a dull storyline?  FH is horribly misused.  Julian and Kim have become dullsville.  I've lost interest in the Liesl torturing Heinrik storyline.  Drew is great and I guess I don't mind him with Oscar.  I like seeing Oscar with someone other than Joss. And then Carly... she looked a mixture of confused and constipated during her scenes today. And ENOUGH with Crotin.  I'm not sure I could care any less about that story but those writers are going to push it no matter what.

• Love 3

I don't mind Oscar rolling his eyes at Kim wanting to have at least one vegetable per meal (or day, whatever), but Drew doing it is unnecessary, even if he's trying to bond with Oscar. Kim's not being unreasonable, and hello, french fries? The potato is a vegetable!

"So, what are you doing out here, Obrecht? You have a bunker of victims hidden nearby?" Hee. This is the Julian I love. I wish we saw more of him. 

27 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

How can Anna be in such a dull storyline?  FH is horribly misused. 

I'm so tired of Anna beating herself up over her idiot son. Giving him up was not the most terrible thing she could have done, and it was Valentin's fault LWB/FS ended up with Faison. GAH.

A couple of decent cliffhangers today, for a change. (I'm talking about LWB/FS and Drew.)

• Love 3

I did like what Drew had to say about Sonny, that Oscar should judge him and Julian by the same standards and that yes, the two men are criminals.

I wonder how long it will take before he is forced to kiss the ring again.

As someone who is terrified of snakes, even though I wished for Franco to be eaten by one, seeing a genuine snake on the show made me wanna hide under something. I could not find the remote control fast enough to switch that. So I actually feel for Peter here. 

• Love 3
(edited)

If Drew has only Jason's memories,  did Jason read Camus?  I find that hard to believe even of reindeer sweater Jason. Maybe Drew was reading it on stake-outs for Sonny.

I liked Drew pointing out to Oscar that Joss' stepfather isn't exactly in line for sainthood himself and then Oscar admitting that the real reason he's so down on Julian is because he's not Drew .

Kim wants at least one vegetable that isn't fried. I assume she's also going to say that ketchup doesn't count either no matter what the school board says.

Julian and Kim camping is almost as dull as Finn and Anna. I guess it was to set up meeting Obrecht and hearing Peter's scream.

11 hours ago, Perkie said:

but then Nurse Ratchet will just re-increase it for her own nefarious purposes.  We must be made to feel badly for poor Carly.  

She would on this show. But psychiatric nurses are not allowed to prescribe.

What does Nurse Ratchet have against Carly anyway?  She didn't like her meal at the Metro Court?

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I still remember his wonderful writing on Night Shift II! And I will always believe it was canceled because it was such a vastly superior show to this show at the time, and that it BURNED Guzassehol's ASS. Rao did just an amazing job with Robert's cancer story; bringing back John O'Reilly, Sharon Wyatt. Tristan and Finola were just beyond amazing. I really thought they'd get back together. Yikes! Didn't mean to stray off-topic.

Seriously. The only time Anna and Finn were interesting today was when she was talking about Robert.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I need to pay closer attention. Ha!

That would be too cruel.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

BM rocked as Jake Doe.  I wish the IIC had taken a step back and realized that having a romantic male lead like BM was better fit as Jake Doe than trying to morph him into Jason Morgan.  Jake Doe/Andrew Cain could have been the son of Anna/Robert and no connection at all to Jason or Franco.

Franco is still dog shit.

#FreeElizabethImogeneWebber and her boys!

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Jake Doe/Andrew Cain could have been the son of Anna/Robert and no connection at all to Jason or Franco.

Eh. Given the LWB/FS story, I'd rather not see an attempt to explain Anna/Robert's mystery son.  Just make him Mac's son - no painful story contortions required. Besides, Robert already has a son...

Speaking of painful story contortions - Robin and Britt now have a brother in common

Edited by Oracle42
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Kim wants at least one vegetable that isn't fried.

Buzzkill!

53 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Jake Doe/Andrew Cain could have been the son of Anna/Robert and no connection at all to Jason or Franco.

Eh. Given the LWB/FS story, I'd rather not see an attempt to explain Anna/Robert's mystery son.  Just make him Mac's son - no painful story contortions required.

Better yet, he could have had no connection at all to anyone on the GH canvas. The (white) family trees are too tangled the way it is. If that person isn't your blood relative, there's a marriage connection somewhere.

I dunno. Mac is definitely the best dad on canvas, and as much as he loves his girls, nobody calls him dad - somebody should.

Plus, I like symmetry and Andrew ended up unknowingly abandoning his son the same way that Mac would've done with him.

I don't want Mac to have a surprise son. You know the dumbo would have a chip on his shoulder because Mac wasn't there when he was growing up. That story has been done TO DEATH on this fakakta show. Let Mac revel in being the best grandpa ever to James Malcolm.

I love that Mac has never expressed a word of regret that he never had a bio kid. He uncomplainingly stepped up when the situation demanded it and did his best. He raised three girls and loved them as if they were biologically his. That's an amazing gift.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't want Mac to have a surprise son. You know the dumbo would have a chip on his shoulder because Mac wasn't there when he was growing up.

Not that I want Mac to find out he has a bio child somewhere because I think it would hurt him a lot that he was not there for them, but I'd like to think that Drew would have embraced and loved Mac the same way he embraced and loves Monica.

• Love 2

I want Drew and his life story to be the most heroic one we've ever heard. He needs to get these damn memories back so he can go into a public tirade on how despicable and dysfunctional Sonny & co. are. That crew is long over due for a shellacking . I want him to walk up to Sam, point to Jason and go "This guy? Seriously? This guy!?" Then he should get his son and his baby, wherever she is, skip town and never look back. 

The only interest I have in the Sonny blast from the past missing body plot is if it somehow leads to his demise. After an entire life of glorified crime with no consequences, to be taken down by your first hit is some serious poetic justice. But we'll never be so lucky. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I didn't feel like making the effort to DVR GH! Thank you, Dominic Zamprogna!

Yes, I felt liberated today, too.  I still have the show on series record and I did turn it on, but all I saw was a tent and Parking Lot Peter screaming at a snake.  Sure not enough to make me want to watch more. 

• Love 2

Ok, maybe I'm dumb but how did the snake get on the bed?  Also, is it possible that it's not really there and Peter is simply halucinating the snake in his feverish state?  Because how did the snake climb onto the bed?  

16 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

be taken down by your first hit is some serious poetic justice.

And it's not even his first hit.  The guy was already dead.  Scully wanted Sonny to dispose of the body.   

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ok, maybe I'm dumb but how did the snake get on the bed?  Also, is it possible that it's not really there and Peter is simply halucinating the snake in his feverish state?  Because how did the snake climb onto the bed?  

And it's not even his first hit.  The guy was already dead.  Scully wanted Sonny to dispose of the body.   

In the last few minutes when Julian wouldn't shut up about snakes I picked up on where they were going. My question is, Peters been screaming nonstop since he got there. Kim and Julian didn't hear him earlier? He sounded pretty dang close lol

And you're right. It was Sonny's first "job." I can barely stay awake for Sonny in the present day, show. I definitely don't need to be regaled of his early years. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

nd you're right. It was Sonny's first "job."

I was agreeeing with you though, that it would be hilarious that he gets caught on this one, when it wasn't even his own hit.   He'd be sputtering and mumbling, 'but I didn't kill him, he was already dead, i just buried him"

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Liesl dear, if Nina is going to be this much of an annoying backseat kidnapper/torturer, maybe you should just tie her up too.  Just sayin'.

And it's the same dialogue each time:

Nina:  Aunt Liesly WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Liesl:  Eh, he kilt my son, ein, nine, bline.  ok, I vil stahp vith ze torture

next day

Ninan:  Aunt Liesl WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Oy vey.  

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I was agreeeing with you though, that it would be hilarious that he gets caught on this one, when it wasn't even his own hit.   He'd be sputtering and mumbling, 'but I didn't kill him, he was already dead, i just buried him"

Oh I know! I messed the specifics of that one up haha I'm still catching up on stuff I missed taking a break from this show and nothing glazes my eyes over faster than Dimples Corinthos. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

And it's the same dialogue each time:

Nina:  Aunt Liesly WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Liesl:  Eh, he kilt my son, ein, nine, bline.  ok, I vil stahp vith ze torture

next day

Ninan:  Aunt Liesl WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Oy vey.  

???

• Love 6

With all the talk about Peter's deadly infection,  I figured he was hallucinating the snake. To give Julian and Kim a reason to find him.

4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Besides, Robert already has a son...

Who is that? I badly wanted Ethan to be Robert's but didn't Geary lobby for him to be Luke's?

Mac deserves a bio kid but he already has three daughters who love him. Monica needs him more.

We are supposed to find it swoon-worthy and romantic that Franco got in touch with Sarah and is trying to mend fences between Liz and her family, not creepy and borderline abusive that he crosses every boundary Elizabeth tries to set and constantly goes behind her back to do the one thing she asks him not to do. I'm just checking.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And as for Jonathan Jackson? He's too GOOD for this show.

Oh gag me with a spoon! He'd probably come back if his super dear friend Anthony Geary was resurrected from whatever silly projects he has taken up in retirement.

• Love 1

A little piece of me died the other day during the split screen of Anna and Finn in their beds making cooing sounds at each other while she twirled a lock of her hair. It's like she is trapped in some freaking Sandra Dee pajama party movie. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Peters been screaming nonstop since he got there. Kim and Julian didn't hear him earlier?

Yes, but Liesl said the first day, "You cahn skreem und skreme, dere is no vun around to hear you".  So I guess they moved the cabin closer to town.

Can I do the old joke, what a disgusting snake on the bed, and the reptile was kind of gross, too?

I wish Kevin would morph in to Ryan, and go psycho on Carly.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Speaking of his stepdaughters, he could be trying to cultivate some type of relationship with his current stepdaughter that lives in Port Charles.

You want Kevin to spend more time with Lulu, self-absorbed Girl Reporter Extraordinaire? Geez, what did Kevin ever do to you? I'd rather see him being a positive influence in the lives of Laura's grandchildren in Port Charles. God knows Liz's boys could use a grandpa with psychiatrist/therapist training. 

• Love 2