Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly is going to be sooo mad when she finds out a) Robin met Jason's daughter before her and b) Jason risked his life to save Robin.

AND when she finds out he lied to her about Sonny? Woo.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Vella said:

I guess this show is STILL not tired of shoving Jason into other people's stories for the specific purpose of him getting the glory of rescuing everyone. And Jordan and Dante just sort of stand there and don't yank his interfering ass by his hair.  And NOBODY had the guts to ask Jason how the fuck he knew so much about bombs? Really and truly?

How was he shoved into someone else's story?  He's been in the Olivia story since pretty much the beginning.

Jason also has diffused bombs before on the show.

I really enjoyed almost all of the show today.  My only complaint was the numerous times Anna was told she was "too weak" (paraphrasing) to do anything.  It's Anna fucking Devane.  Give me a damn break.

I loved Alexis going mama bear on Sam.  I SAID NOW.  And Dante's exasperation at the number of people just showing up around the bomb was amusing. 

I wonder if Liv has a kidnapping punch card.   After the 5th kidnapping get 1 free?

Edited by mybabyaidan
punctuation matters
  • Love 9

As much as I hate that fucking Jason got to do all the hero-ing today, I thought all those scenes were really well done. If I just pretend it's not Jason I even really liked most of what he said/did, too. But all the "Anna, you're too weak!" was really annoying.

In general this was a solid ep. Like if I think more deeply about some of it (Jason saving everyone, Sam's stupidity, the Liz stuff) I get really annoyed, but if I just ignore a lot of that stuff there were some really great scenes.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

How was he shoved into someone else's story?  He's been in the Olivia story since pretty much the beginning.

So many people have been in the Olivia story since the beginning, but Jason is the one to save the day? Snore.  Especially with Anna right there, who due to her years of training would know a little something something about defusing a bomb.  It's not really surprising that just when we hit HERO mode, Jason shows up.  Can't have Jordan or Dante or Curtis or anyone else save the day. Nope, it's gotta be Jason.

8 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

Jason also has diffused bombs before on the show.

But again, how does Jason know this?  So stupid. No one darkly mutters "I'll bet you do" when he prattled his expertise in bombs and orders his ass out? Garbage.  I don't have much use for Dante, but he can throw snark pretty well when given the lines.  I would have LOVED for him to issue a cold look, even colder line before telling Jason to fuck off and get out of the REAL professionals way.

Which brings up another issue. Jason's nonsense reasoning for how the bomb won't go off if he and Robin gradually trade places. Yeah, that doesn't work because there's at LEAST 50 pounds difference between the two.  Jordan electing to go trade places would have made more sense. She's an actual cop, doing cop work and it's a rare moment to highlight HER, instead another damn instance where Jason is shoved in to shine. Just so ridiculous.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Vella said:

Nope, it's gotta be Jason.

In this case? Going from recent history? IMO, yeah, it should be him. Robin "blew up" in a lab in 2012 because she ran back to get Jason's medication. In 2014, she was threatened to save him (and also *wanted* to save him) and had to leave her family to do so. All in all, she lost years of her life for him. Now he made a similar sacrifice for her.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

In this case? Going from recent history? IMO, yeah, it should be him. Robin "blew up" in a lab in 2012 because she ran back to get Jason's medication. In 2014, she was threatened to save him (and also *wanted* to save him) and had to leave her family to do so. All in all, she lost years of her life for him. Now he made a similar sacrifice for her.

Perhaps if the show was telling THIS narrative, I might buy it. But that's not been hinted at even remotely. In fact, wasn't it Anna who told Jason that she owed HIM?  Jason had plenty of time to tell Robin and Dante and Anna that he owed Robin. That he owed her EVERYTHING, including his life.  That if he died, he would do so knowing that Robin was safe and would go home and have her child and be with her family. Jason is basically acting like he's picking Robin up at the airport on a snowy day. Like it's no big deal. There's nothing in the writing or the performances indicating that Jason is doing this because of what Robin did for him.

I mean, if when this is over and he explains himself, he might just reference Robin's sacrifice. But so far? None of that has been indicated. When has the show EVER really grasped what Robin sacrificed for Jason? What she suffered? The YEARS of torture she survived? The debt that Jason owes her because of it? The fact that Jason and Sam should kiss the ground Robin walks on when they see her?  I sincerely doubt the show will start doing that now. It just another day of Jason conveniently being the one to play ultimate hero.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, mybabyaidan said:

I wonder if Liv has a kidnapping punch card.   After the 5th kidnapping get 1 free?

Robin certainly seems to have one. With the 5th kidnapping, you get strapped to a bomb!

I'm loving the Olivia/Anna flashbacks.

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

the Liz stuff

I don't see what was wrong with that. Elizabeth does know addict behavior. She wasn't wrong about Finn. What was much more aggravating for me was the infantilizing of Anna and Jordan.

LOL at Jason's "What? You're pregnant?!" to Robin. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

Jason is basically acting like he's picking Robin up at the airport on a snowy day.

Jason didn't want to scare Robin. Once she was off the bomb and left, his whole demeanor changed.

5 minutes ago, Vella said:

Jason had plenty of time to tell Robin and Dante and Anna that he owed Robin. That he owed her EVERYTHING, including his life.  That if he died, he would do so knowing that Robin was safe and would go home and have her child and be with her family.

Could that have been CLEARER in dialogue today? Sure. But it kinda was there. He wanted Robin alive, her baby healthy, and with her family. It's still early. Robin and Jason could have another conversation next week. Jason could explain to Sam why he did it. Who knows what's to come.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny didn't offer to buy the hospital or otherwise offer up some dough to save it

He asked Michael the day of the vote if he wanted some money, but MIchael turned him down because at the time, he had the votes ready.  

• Love 2

The day of the vote is a bit late, IMO. Sonny presumably knew before that that the hospital was in trouble.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shouldn't he be a bit strapped for cash having already funded other Band-Aids for his and Carly's sins like the scholarship in Morgan's name and that donation in Sabrina's name?

Heh.

17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason didn't want to scare Robin. Once she was off the bomb and left, his whole demeanor changed.

I think his demeanor changed because he was now on the bomb.  As for not wanting to scare Robin, sadly, that wasn't Robin's first rodeo with her life being in immediate peril. She can handle it and stay calm, she was the one calming Anna down.

19 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Could that have been CLEARER in dialogue today? Sure. But it kinda was there. He wanted Robin alive, her baby healthy, and with her family. It's still early. Robin and Jason could have another conversation next week. Jason could explain to Sam why he did it. Who knows what's to come.

Dante could have said those lines and it would have still made sense.  That's how innocuous they were.  Perhaps you're right and Jason will get a nice long, in depth monologue to explain himself and how Robin surviving was the only thing on his mind because of his enormous life debt to her. I very much doubt it considering this show's attitude towards Robin's POV during that whole ordeal or how Jason and Sam have never treated Robin with anything other than girly gushing and hugs and "we're all BFFs for reasons!"  So I have my doubts.  I mean, this is GH. Their track record for remembering significant moments and giving proper homage to a previous story is lacking.  The real meat was Anna saving her daughter. The elevator, the flashbacks, the feud with Olivia, all hinted at Anna saving her child now when she lost a child all those years ago.  GH said NOPE. Instead, Anna whines and whimpers and gets to be fainty and stands there useless. And the usual suspect gets the showy part.

• Love 3

Carly is going to be sooo mad when she finds out a) Robin met Jason's daughter before her

Has she or Sonny even noticed that Jason and Sam had their baby? they seem too wrapped up, per usual, in their own stuff to even notice anything but themselves. 

• Love 4

If all that was required for the bomb not going off was 100 pounds of weight on the plate, why weren't they  rounding up weights in the hospital to put on the plate so that Jasus could be safe too?  It's a hospital, lots of heavy equipment around.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I thought Carly figured it out, and that Jax was on the other end of her "We need to talk" micro-call when she left Nelle's place on Wednesday. That would fit with the way Laura Wright played "horror of recognition" when Nelle was saying, "Come on, Carly. Your daughter needed a kidney and it just happened to be mine? What are the odds of that?"

It would also fit in with why she tried to divert the conversation immediately after Nelle asked that.

I am glad Jason saved Robin. Now his debt is paid.

Still want Sam to beat the ever loving shit out of his dumbass but she won't. All I could think about is did Jason leave his will like the first one. Since they are married again Sam can inherit all his stuff again to take care of his kids that could have been fatherless yet again.

• Love 1

I am glad Jason saved Robin. Now his debt is paid.

I don't know if the character will think of it that way if she needs him again in the future.  At least, I didn't read his behavior today as the discharging of an obligation.  

23 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't know if the character will think of it that way if she needs him again in the future.  At least, I didn't read his behavior today as the discharging of an obligation.  

If Robin is kidnapped again in 3 weeks, Jason will be on the hunt. Robin and Jason will forever do that for each other. It is what it is. And I've hated it at times, for sure.

• Love 1

I've never really liked the Robin/Jason dynamic, not since their first break up and after Robin returned and reunited with him when it was clear that Robin was compromising herself and settling.  I hated J&R part 2 with an intense heat. I hate how she stares adoringly at him or that there's NO fallout of any kind from the events of the past few years. He has never deserved her lifelong adoration of him. But then again, she's with Patrick, so there's that.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Vella said:

He has never deserved her lifelong adoration of him. But then again, she's with Patrick, so there's that.

Not that I disagree with you, lol, but this just reminded me of something I've always wondered. What's an example of a longtime GH pairing where the characters both treated each other extremely well or in the way they deserved? My mind is legit blank. 

Edited by HeatLifer
7 hours ago, Fellaway said:

...we know Sonny really truly sincerely has a heart of pure gold!

Where is he anyway?  I'm thoroughly, albeit pleasantly, surprised he hasn't been inserted somewhere in this hospital storyline.  Isn't he the resident PC bomb disposal guy, after all?

I've been expecting Sonny to charge in to take charge of the bomb too, especially since it was connected to Robin. But he must be in too much manpain from his wavering marriage to notice anything else. Jason and Curtis seem to be the main rescuers. This setup might give Curtis the political capital to get a job in the PCPD, perhaps, where he can have hot stakeouts with Jordan.

50 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What's an example of a longtime GH pairing where the characters both treated each other extremely well or in the way they deserved? My mind is legit blank. 

Oh, I don't think there is one, at least not one in the last 2 decades.  But that can be applied to all relationships, not just the romantic ones.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:17 AM, Sake614 said:

I'm sure she's licensed to practice in NY. As has been pointed out in other forums, attorneys are often licensed in neighboring states.

An attorney can also file a motion to practice in the state of New York for one appearance. I believe they are supposed to be shadowed by a local attorney, though, which Nora is not. That's how it worked when I was a paralegal in Connecticut.

• Love 1

This isn't a big deal, I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy: does anyone else think KeMo dyes her hair?

Liz had more chemistry with Finn and Griffin than she does with Franco, and Finn had more with her than he does with Hayden. imo. I think they should try Hayden with Michael.

I wasn't bothered by everyone telling Anna to sit down. In fact I think I was more annoyed with her for getting up. A peeve of mine on tv is when we see someone in unfit condition drag  themselves around and the audience is supposed to admire their idiotic stubborness.

I thought Curtis calling Jordan "Ash" was cute.

@TeeVee329 , I didn't take away Liz saying Lucky broke her heart as an implication that now she had awesome serial killer Franco. This time I think it was just her trying to help Hayden.

I liked most of today's episode. The only bad thing was Olivia idiotically whisking away Alexis at the end like she was porky pig at the end of a WB cartoon episode.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

And if the show was afraid to go there because she did have legitimate grievance with them, they could have pulled the old bullshit they always pull out: blah blah blah, AJ whiny drunk loser, sweep everything under the rug. But completely avoiding anything interesting, even for just a little while, for the sake of Michael/Nelle . . . is nuts.

They should just do it anyway. Just say she threw Frank Benson out to distract them. 

The Twins have no romantic/sexual chemistry but the actress is good. She's better than her material and I'd rather see her as a Q than Private Mayo

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

The only bad thing was Olivia idiotically whisking away Alexis at the end like she was porky pig at the end of a WB cartoon episode.

The other thing is how she managed to tie up Ava.  Ava doesn't look like the type who would meekly sit down and let you tie her up without a fight.  

8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

What's an example of a longtime GH pairing where the characters both treated each other extremely well or in the way they deserved?

Robert and Anna?   Mac and Felicia?  

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If all that was required for the bomb not going off was 100 pounds of weight on the plate, why weren't they  rounding up weights in the hospital to put on the plate so that Jasus could be safe too? 

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.  

• Love 1

He could use some halo polishing these days, too.

Sonny?  The whole Julian Jerome/Duke/Morgan nonsense seems to be a failed mental gymnastics event to show that the vile thugster Sonny Corinthos (and his sidekick Carly) isn't so bad.  What a waste of so many scenes of them whining and nary a whisper about the suffering of the victims that Sonny makes his bread and butter.  Throw in 'you're like a brother to me Sonny' Jason and might as well just reach for that super-size pepto-bizmo each segment.  One of the reasons that this week's shows weren't too bad was because Sonny was only on for one episode (iirc).

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see what was wrong with that. Elizabeth does know addict behavior. She wasn't wrong about Finn.

I agree and that's why I was able to like those scenes. But if I think about it more deeply, and if I think about how the writing is now/what they're really trying to do, it doesn't work anymore for me. Also, to be fair, I just really hate the way BH speaks. She's so nasally and whiny and if she's not doing that then she baby talks and honestly that alone really ruins most Liz scenes for me.

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Liz had more chemistry with Finn and Griffin than she does with Franco, and Finn had more with her than he does with Hayden. imo. I think they should try Hayden with Michael.

I agree with all of this. All the couples they're doing right now are so wrong and stupid. And there are better options. Ugh!

2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

One of the reasons that this week's shows weren't too bad was because Sonny was only on for one episode (iirc).

Yep. And the fact that Franco wasn't a huge part of anything helped, too. In general for me those two are the most glaring problems and if you take them away the show significantly improves. OK, 'significantly' might be too strong a word, but still!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Not that I disagree with you, lol, but this just reminded me of something I've always wondered. What's an example of a longtime GH pairing where the characters both treated each other extremely well or in the way they deserved? My mind is legit blank. 

Jason and Carly obviously. 

...Insert hysterical laugh track that goes on for 74 minutes...

Sometimes I'm surprised when I see Billy really bring it.  And, honestly, I think he does with Robin.  Something about it works in a way I wouldn't think anyone other than SBu playing Jason could bring that "I would die for you, Robin" sort of undercurrent of emotion. 

I'm also still enjoying the Jason/Curtis scenes.  They've got a million times better chemistry that THIS Jason with Sonny.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If all that was required for the bomb not going off was 100 pounds of weight on the plate, why weren't they  rounding up weights in the hospital to put on the plate so that Jasus could be safe too?  It's a hospital, lots of heavy equipment around.

Then Jason couldn't play the hero. It's a plot point, as usual.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Liz had more chemistry with Finn and Griffin than she does with Franco, and Finn had more with her than he does with Hayden. imo.

She sure did. But of course that will be ignored. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sometimes I'm surprised when I see Billy really bring it.  And, honestly, I think he does with Robin.  Something about it works in a way I wouldn't think anyone other than SBu playing Jason could bring that "I would die for you, Robin" sort of undercurrent of emotion. 

I thought Billy did a solid job. He had a lot of really good subtle moments in his eyes and facial expressions. Trying to keep Robin calm, how serious he got when she told him to go get Sam and the kid, the look on his face when she clearly didn't know what to say and he's like, "You know me. This show won't let me die."

I also think I like their scenes more than his others because there's not ONE honey/sweetie/buddy/pal. It's just natural.

• Love 5

I think he does better when they give him something to do with actual stakes and minimal awful dialogue. But my favorite moment was Jason/Curtis and Curtis's face when he saw Jason standing on the pressure plate

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I thought Billy did a solid job. He had a lot of really good subtle moments in his eyes and facial expressions. Trying to keep Robin calm, how serious he got when she told him to go get Sam and the kid, the look on his face when she clearly didn't know what to say and he's like, "You know me. This show won't let me die."

Bwah.

I also think I like their scenes more than his others because there's not ONE honey/sweetie/buddy/pal. It's just natural.

Holy shit. I did not notice, but you're right. Buddy!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I'm a half a dozen episodes behind.  Does Nelle not know that flash drives are erasable, and don't need to be garbaged when one wants to get rid of a file?

LOL Probably it's the writers who don't know.

• Love 1

I liked the way they staged the hospital outside while the evacuation was going on. Half-lit, with distant sirens and alarms going off and people panicking outside the doors. But of course in real life the onlookers would not have been allowed that close to a building that might blow up at any moment.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Holy shit. I did not notice, but you're right. Buddy!

And looking back at all the NuJason/Robin scenes, it stays consistent. He really has a different vibe with her.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

And looking back at all the NuJason/Robin scenes, it stays consistent. He really has a different vibe with her.

It probably has to do with not being in the Liason and JaSam fan wars.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

It probably has to do with not being in the Liason and JaSam fan wars.

BM doesn't go on social media, I think they probably don't register much with him.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But my favorite moment was Jason/Curtis and Curtis's face when he saw Jason standing on the pressure plate

I loved all the Jason/Curtis stuff. It honestly went so far over the line of friendship into romance that it both cracked me up and endeared me.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, ulkis said:

BM doesn't go on social media, I think they probably don't register much with him.

And I don't think it has to do with fans or pairings at all. It's like with any actor. They're not gonna have the same dynamic with everyone they interact with.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think he does better when they give him something to do with actual stakes and minimal awful dialogue. But my favorite moment was Jason/Curtis and Curtis's face when he saw Jason standing on the pressure plate

This is one of my favorite things because this is actually BM's Jason "friendship" as opposed to everything else. I think Curtis/Jason fit a whole lot better than Sonny/Jason.

• Love 8