Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Maxie is no prize as a parent. She maybe, sends gifts and Skypes with her kid every once in awhile. When was the last Maxie flew to visit Georgie? I think I can remember her doing that once in the past year. Usually it is Spinelli who makes the cross country trip with Georgie. And I would love to hear Maxie talking about paying child support. Ellie and Spinelli shouldn't be shouldering the entire load for her child. I would be happy to hear her just comment on passing over some expensive shoes to pay for her share of Georgie's nursery school or anything.

And it is bewildering at how great a job the show Jax/Joss doing a global relationship. Granted Jax has unlimited funds. But Lucky was just gone. With barely a word to Liz and her boys. Even when Lucky was kidnapped with Ethan, it wasn't about Lucky getting back home to the Webber kids. Nope. Even Laura seems to be a pretty hands off grandma compared to her time with Spencer and Rocco.

After all of these years the Webber boys should have a very stand back attitude with any dude around Liz. Cameron most definitely  should. Jake likes Franco. But Cam shouldn't and Aiden should be pretty wary after everything with Jake/Jason.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was shoehorned in with TG's retirement, unfortunately. Even if JJ couldn't stick around longer, they could have said that Lucky was spending time with the boys offscreen. They really don't want Lucky to have any ties to anyone in Port Charles, for some reason. I'm surprised they had him come to Nik's service, even if we didn't see him.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really don't understand why it's so hard for the show to acknowledge Lucky being an off-screen parent, they do a decent job of it with Jax/Joss and, in reverse, with Maxie/Georgie.  I feel like it's the show trying to cement whatever guy Liz is with as the father figure of her boys.  Look how fast any bond Cam and Aiden formed with Jake(son) was abandoned once he was revealed as Jason.

Freako is DNAJ and the other two's father now. Please don't deny him his paternal rights. 

14 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Maxie is no prize as a parent. She maybe, sends gifts and Skypes with her kid every once in awhile. When was the last Maxie flew to visit Georgie? I think I can remember her doing that once in the past year. Usually it is Spinelli who makes the cross country trip with Georgie. And I would love to hear Maxie talking about paying child support. Ellie and Spinelli shouldn't be shouldering the entire load for her child. I would be happy to hear her just comment on passing over some expensive shoes to pay for her share of Georgie's nursery school or anything.

I'm actually find with Maxie having very little involvement with Georgie. However, if the show were to somehow manage to survive long enough for her to be SORASed, it needs to be acknowledged that Ellie is her mother in every way that matters and Maxie doesn't get to complain about it because this is the life she wanted. 

• Love 4

I'm fine with Maxie being an inactive parent, but that should have been her attitude from the beginning. She never wanted children and it would've been more interesting if she'd been allowed to remain true to character.

It's ridiculous that Lucky isn't allowed to parent off-screen - and dropping off Jake and disappearing is so insanely OOC that it makes me resent the Jake retcon even more

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm fine with Maxie being an inactive parent, but that should have been her attitude from the beginning. She never wanted children and it would've been interesting if she'd been allowed to remain true to character.

There could have been some interesting, smaller character drama with Maxie and Felicia about this decision, talking about Maxie's resentment of Felicia's absence and her worries the same thing could happen.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

There could have been some interesting, smaller character drama with Maxie and Felicia about this decision, talking about Maxie's resentment of Felicia's absence and her worries the same thing could happen.

I'm confused because you didn't mention Freako, Ava, Kiki, Julian, Nina, Valentin, Tree, Sonny, or Lulu's baby rabies. How would they be involved in this story?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Speaking of, have Maxie and the Tree discussed whether they want to have children? 

I think one of them mentioned something about having a family, but nothing remotely more than 2 seconds.

I would watch Sonny/Carly or Nina/Valentin have sex all day long if it meant I never had to endure another Liz/Franco scene. I cannot believe Franco told her about all the horrible things he's done, and she just let him get cozy on her couch with a glass of wine. I'm done thinking Liz deserves better than Franco, she can choke.

• Love 5

I barely saw anything today. Why? I couldn't stand to watch Carly and Sonny in bed, Alexis at a bar alone asking for Vodka and trying to play off her problem, and Elizabeth and Franco embracing. UGH!! Happy New Year, indeed. 

The preview of Valentin and Nina in bed, with her naively asking about Claudette, is not enticing. 

• Love 2

Can Jax come back please? Can someone who actually empathizes with Alexis and easily sees she's in pain talk to her about her drinking? I get the impression that Sam is supposed to appear concerned and sympathetic, but she comes across as judgmental (big surprise!) and a nag.  Alexis didn't return 3 calls? So what? It's 1am Sam, she doesn't owe you anything. She's allowed to miss calls.  And if you're going to bang on her door at 1am, maybe don't pester her about something that can EASILY wait until morning.  And why is Sam acting like Alexis drinking is something she should be terribly ashamed of? Alexis promised not to drink for the pregnancy, not because she's in recovery, but out of sympathy for Sam not being able to booze out. I don't get this hard ass attitude from Sam and Jason "I could smell it on her breath!" and their general pearl clutching. Well, strike that, I actually do get it. They're insufferable assholes who wouldn't DREAM of talking to Sonny in that same tone.

How is it that Jax, in one episode and after having not seen her in about a YEAR, manage to recognize Alexis is in trouble, needs help, confronts her about her drinking and yet does so from a place of love and EXUDES that love and understanding in awe inspiring waves?  With someone like Sam huffing and sighing and harping, I'd rather have that space filled by the guy who held a knife to her throat instead. Jesus this show.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Linny said:

I cannot believe Franco told her [Liz] about all the horrible things he's done, and she just let him get cozy on her couch with a glass of wine.

Yeah, not a great day for Liz.  She seemed more interested in noting that he said she was the woman he loved at the police station than anything about the crimes he just committed.

• Love 5

But the writers let Jax leave without doing anything despite having recognised that Alexis was in real trouble. That's not better and it's not in character. 

But really, the idea that Turtleneck could drive Alexis to alcoholism is so fuckin dumb that I cannot

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Vella said:

Can Jax come back please? Can someone who actually empathizes with Alexis and easily sees she's in pain talk to her about her drinking? I get the impression that Sam is supposed to appear concerned and sympathetic, but she comes across as judgmental (big surprise!) and a nag.  Alexis didn't return 3 calls? So what? It's 1am Sam, she doesn't owe you anything. She's allowed to miss calls.  And if you're going to bang on her door at 1am, maybe don't pester her about something that can EASILY wait until morning.  And why is Sam acting like Alexis drinking is something she should be terribly ashamed of? Alexis promised not to drink for the pregnancy, not because she's in recovery, but out of sympathy for Sam not being able to booze out. I don't get this hard ass attitude from Sam and Jason "I could smell it on her breath!" and their general pearl clutching. Well, strike that, I actually do get it. They're insufferable assholes who wouldn't DREAM of talking to Sonny in that same tone.

How is it that Jax, in one episode and after having not seen her in about a YEAR, manage to recognize Alexis is in trouble, needs help, confronts her about her drinking and yet does so from a place of love and EXUDES that love and understanding in awe inspiring waves?  With someone like Sam huffing and sighing and harping, I'd rather have that space filled by the guy who held a knife to her throat instead. Jesus this show.

Jax let Alexis blackmail him into keeping quiet about her drinking and he left town without making sure she got help, so I'm not sure how him being sweet and understanding was all that helpful.

I don't think Sam is being judgmental at all. I think she's frustrated because Alexis is constantly lying and won't fully acknowledge that she has a problem. Even the nicest person in the world would eventually get fed up with dealing with her. Also, lets not forget that Alexis could've burned down her house with Sam's son inside because she was passed out from drinking while her cookies were burning. 

Alexis isn't a child and she doesn't need to be coddled. She needs to be told she's fucking up and making a fool of herself. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't get this hard ass attitude from Sam and Jason "I could smell it on her breath!" and their general pearl clutching.

JaSam will never do anything wrong themselves, so their place on this show is to talk about others and figure out how to fix them.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Vella said:

I don't get this hard ass attitude from Sam and Jason "I could smell it on her breath!" and their general pearl clutching.

Being an alcoholic is the worst thing you can be in Port Charles, after all.

• Love 6

I did think Sam was being kinda judgy re: Alexis and Rudge (aka sketchy English pawnshop dude), but I might have missed something there admittedly.

I liked Lulu and Dante today.

LW and MB are troopers for doing all these love scenes. I was actually going to ask why do Sonny and Carly always get them, but that may be because LW and MB don't complain about them, and I've heard some actors do. I'm sure they probably aren't particularly hankering for love scenes, so I'll give them kudos.

Ugh to Nina clinging to Valentin's shoulder like a lamprey.

Franco would never ever do something like stalk and kill Tom Baker now? Oh, well Franco said it, so it must be true.

• Love 3

If Nina and Valentin are going to be a thing the writers need to stop having Nina learn SHOCKING tidbits about him, like that he didn't tell her about Charlotte or that he carries a gun. She's not some *good girl* that he needs to hide his dirty dealings from and she already knows he's a murdering Cassadine so there's no reason for her to be surprised by anything he does. Also, it would be great if she stopped acting like Valentin is the first man she's ever been with.

Hey idiot Julian, if you don't want your daughter getting hurt maybe you shouldn't tell this Super Mysterious and Shady Rudge Ridge Sludge guy that she and Jason are suspicious of him.

So Liez doesn't have any problems with her rapist serial killer boyfriend locking a man in a cage? OK. Well, if he locks her ass up in a cage I hope she isn't surprised. 

Alexis, you ran over Julian while drunk and failed to kill him, Ava, or Kiki. Maybe you should chill with the drinking for a minute. Also, please don't tell we're going to have to deal with Alexis thinking she killed Tom.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Nina and Valentin are going to be a thing the writers need to stop having Nina learn SHOCKING tidbits about him, like that he didn't tell her about Charlotte or that he carries a gun. She's not some good girl* that he needs to hide his dirty dealings from and she already knows he's a murdering Cassadine so there's no reason for her to be surprised by anything he does.

The show is always insisting on playing Nina like she's Carrie discovering what her period is*. It's really weird and needs to stop and MSt can't pull it off.

*Nina and Donna Mills totally did this scene, come on:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

But the writers let Jax leave without doing anything despite having recognised that Alexis was in real trouble. That's not better and it's not in character. 

But really, the idea that Turtleneck could drive Alexis to alcoholism is so fuckin dumb that I cannot

Until I see Alexis drunkenly holds mock trials in her house, I won't believe there is any reason for her to have a drinking problem. I know Jelly don't like learning the history of this show, but she has gone through far worse with men: her complicated relationship with Stefan, that smug asshat Sonny being his usual smug asshat self, Ric cheating on her with her daughter while she had cancer and then Ric taking custody of Molly... list goes on. However she was always a lawyer through the entire thing. Since the very beginning, Alexis had made it very clear her being educated and having that career was really unusual for being a Cassadine woman. 

• Love 7

Not only that, she watched Helena slit her mother's throat and was then forced to grow up in Helena's house. She can handle dumbass Julian's insignificant bullshit. 

If this was about losing her license to practice, which is a huge part of her identity, that might be less terrible/stupid/insulting, except that she wasn't permanently disbarred and she knew the possible consequences when she decided to help Julian - who lied to her for the entire duration of their courtship about the Exact. Same. Fuckin. Thing.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I barely saw anything today. Why? I couldn't stand to watch Carly and Sonny in bed, Alexis at a bar alone asking for Vodka and trying to play off her problem, and Elizabeth and Franco embracing. UGH!! Happy New Year, indeed. 

Right! I finished this episode in like under 10 minutes.

I had a really shitty day today (I lost $80 and had an emotional breakdown over it) so it would've been nice if this episode could've provided me with some UCG, at least. Or maybe not featured even just one of the things I hate. Sigh.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I liked Lulu and Dante today.

I do agree with this though. They made the episode sorta kinda worth watching.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Any storyline that allows someone to snark on Nina is worth watching. I have to admit that I don't understand what the show is going for with this custody case. Nina and Valentin clearly got married solely because of Charlotte and the assumption that would help in the case. (You should have picked a better wife, then, Valentin). And yes, baby rabies, but why is Nina so obsessive about getting custody for Valentin of Charlotte when she herself met Charlotte at most a week or two before Lulu did?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I saw the bit of them in the promo taking a picture together with Lulu with the party hat on and I was like, "so cheesy" but then in the episode he actually put the hat on her so it turned out to be cute, heh. Always nice when the show subverts my expectations, even in the little things.

• Love 2

Bartender, if Alexis stiffed you on December 21, why didn't you have her settle that tab before serving her this time?

1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Hey idiot Julian, if you don't want your daughter getting hurt maybe you shouldn't tell this Super Mysterious and Shady Rudge Ridge Sludge guy that she and Jason are suspicious of him.

Or maybe fess up to everything. Ugh.

I wish they'd have Diane sit down and talk to Alexis.

She's on tomorrow, so maybe? Nah, why would something logical happen?

I guess Carly's resolve to stay away from Sonny is dunzo. Not that I'm surprised, but couldn't it have lasted more than a month?

• Love 7
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Bartender, if Alexis stiffed you on December 21, why didn't you have her settle that tab before serving her this time?

Oh, I forgot to ask, did that scene actually air or is it something we just found out?

9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, I forgot to ask, did that scene actually air or is it something we just found out?

I think there was a scene of someone (Jax maybe) asking about Alexis and the bartender saying she stiffed him. But honestly I may be making that up lol.

• Love 1

I think  it was a new scene/flashback.  The bartender was very specific about the date, which I figure will coincide with the date that Tom left Franco's studio.  Which will make Alexis think she's the killer.  

1 minute ago, Perkie said:

I think  it was a new scene/flashback.  The bartender was very specific about the date, which I figure will coincide with the date that Tom left Franco's studio.  Which will make Alexis think she's the killer.  

Alexis and Tom ended up at the same bar weeks before Tom was murdered. Even in Port Charles time it had it have happened days before Freako locked him in a cage.

• Love 1

Alexis and Tom ended up at the same bar weeks before Tom was murdered. Even in Port Charles time it had it have happened days before Freako locked him in a cage.

The original Alexis/Tom scene happened before Julians' accident, when Jax was in town, at Thanskgiving (end of November) She woke up in a hotel room and thought she had left with him only to find out that she was alone in the room and didn't leaving with Tom after all.  Then Jax shows up and gets her out of there and blah, blah, blah, goes home to Mom.

Then Franco locks Tom in a cage then releases him, before xmas.  

This time, the bartender says she was there on December 21st and stiffed him for the bill and not to do it again.  She's surprised because she only remembers being there in November (she said that when he first tells her that she stiffed him).  Then in the flashback, when she turns around and Tom is there, he says something, "we've met before, or we meet again", meaning this is their second meeting, the first one being at Thanksgiving.  

• Love 3

I don't believe for a second that they planned on doing this when they had Tom and Alexis meet the first time. 

No.  But I do give them credit for giving us a possible suspect that has actually already met Tom.  It won't turn out to be Alexis but they have established a meeting between them before even if that wasn't their intent at the time.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

^^^So I Jelly are pulling more retcons out of their asses. I don't believe for a second that they planned on doing this when they had Tom and Alexis meet the first time. 

Oh, I actually do for once. I didn't think they would just have her randomly meet Tom just to have nothing really happen.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No.  But I do give them credit for giving us a possible suspect that has actually already met Tom.  It won't turn out to be Alexis but they have established a meeting between them before even if that wasn't their intent at the time.  

Oh, I disagree. Alexis is always to blame when retcon shit murders happen. See Luis Alcazar - when Alexis was already on the street when Luis' body hit the ground. (Total bullshit then, and it would be total bullshit now.)

• Love 6

I didn't think they would just have her randomly meet Tom just to have nothing really happen.

Welllllllll, I do think at the time, that they were yanking our chain, just like when he spotted Kiki and followed her.  We were supposed to be all "oh no, Kiki's in danger" only to find out the next day that nothing came of it.  The same thing with the scene between Alexis and Tom in the bar in NOvember.  We're supposed to wring our hands and yell at our tv, "no don't go with him".  Then she wakes up in the hotel room and doesn't remember anything and you can hear the shower running, so you wring your hands again that she did take him to the hotel with her after all,  only to find out that she left the shower running and that Tom was never with her at the hotel.  That's the writers version of suspense.  

So, I could believe that the original scene had nothing to do with the current scene, until after the fact.  But like I say, today, when the bartender says "December 21st", I did wonder why he would give a specific date, like he'd remember the actual date rather than "last thursday".  Then when she turns around and Tom is there, I was surprised that they managed to tie him back to her after the inital meeting, and that she's now a possible suspect.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I didn't think they would just have her randomly meet Tom just to have nothing really happen.

She did more than just randomly meet him: She got hammered with him and thought they slept together. (The first time.) Of course Alexis will think she killed him. I hope she didn't, if only because she's being degraded enough.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe the ghost of AJ can visit Alexis, "A Christmas Carol"-style.

"Hey bitch, what goes around comes around! Nice to see that your shady dealings supporting your thug lovers finally caught up with you, this time with a double whammy of losing your man and your career! Wish you felt half as bad as that time you filed the paperwork that legally allowed Sonny to steal my son. Good Luck with detox you hypocritical jackass."

• Love 10

Nancy Lee Grahn must be desperate for a paycheck. Her storyline is just embarrassing.

And I guess Robin and Emma took their invisible plane back to California.

It probably will be a while before we see KMc again on the show. She probably wants to concentrate on her pregnancy.

Edited by rags
51 minutes ago, rags said:

Nancy Lee Grahn must be desperate for a paycheck. Her storyline is just embarrassing.

Oh, I think she probably likes it. For GH, it's decent acting material.

• Love 6