Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Can one female in Alexis' life PLEASE grasp that Alexis is in a crisis? That she is in trouble? And not automatically assume that she wants to reunite with Julian?  Jax spent thirty seconds with Alexis and knew she was in deep trouble and needed help. How come super smart Molly can't grasp that? I sure as shit know Sam can barely dress herself, and she always thinks the worst of other women, but Molly was such a vociferous defender of Kristina and Ric, can she try to do that for the mother who nearly DIED giving her life? For the mother who didn't move to L.A. just because and barely takes an interest in her life?

Can Jordan maybe approach Alexis like Alexis is a victim. For ONCE can Jordan try that on instead of condescension? Maybe don't question her about the restraining order right on front of Julian? Maybe look at all the red flags in the world and CONSIDER that Alexis is in trouble?

What the fuck writers?!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

You can't stick Sonny AND the incest siblings with Sam.

Fine. But then Sam has to take Morgan as her bro. Bryan said on his latest snapchat he's SO SICK of eating chicken and veggies, so he could pop up anytime!

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Linny said:

This Lulu/Valentin custody battle must be really exciting for the three people who enjoy watching Sonny and Ava squabble over Avery, because it is the EXACT same situation. And both iterations suck. 

Well, kind of. With Ava and Sonny, they're both bad people. Lulu (depending on your POV) is annoying, but Valentin killed her brother. And yeah, he sucked too but Lulu doesn't know about Hayden.

24 minutes ago, Vella said:

Sam can barely dress herself, and she always thinks the worst of other women

There are three women that Sam has had significant issue with - Carly, Liz, and Alexis, and the first two especially she had understandable reasons to be annoyed with them. Otherwise imo she doesn't seem particularly judgemental about other women.

• Love 6

I can smell the drugs in that drug boat through my tv.

That monitor room is FV's actual office probably. And miracle of miracles, the baddie did NOT have Julian's picture on their phone when he called.

Hmm, the boss might be Asian and Brad is in the preview. Maybe Finn needs a drug and Brad seeks out his bio mobster parent to obtain it?

Wardrobe must have gotten a holiday bonus cause a lot of the women had nice outfits on.

41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Sam is the perfect mother, sister, friend, wife, human. Who is this Sam you speak of?

Just like her secret half sister Robin! ;)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Just like her future husband, Dante!

Wrong! Her future husband Dante is a cheating bastard who loves to lie about who shot him in the chest. It'll be a good thing he'll have Sam to guide him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Could Charlotte be whiny and tantrum-throwing with Lulu instead of placidly coloring at a restaurant table in between being shuffled between babysitters, please? 

Ohh if Lulu is going all spoiled Scarlet O'Hara on Valentine and demanding immediately that the child Charlotte be handed over, I wish the child would turn out to be the "bad seed" of Helena Cassadine. Lulu would get her way after a big custody battle with Valentine, but then Charlotte would trash the Lante lifestyle. Charlotte could be  a firestarter and secret abuser of brother Rocco, getting him in trouble constantly.

• Love 2
Just now, ulkis said:

Wrong! Her future husband Dante is a cheating bastard who loves to lie about who shot him in the chest. It'll be a good thing he'll have Sam to guide him.

And Robin is a horrible person who took Michael away from Jasus and Sweet Caroline, told Dante to hug it out with the man who shot him in the chest, and left her perfect husband and perfect daughter to save a mobster.

Dante and Robin have got nothing on Perfect Samantha.

• Love 2

Maxie is so spoiled and annoying. She would have benefitted from a good smackdown by a gang of mean girls on the playground, who would steal her knickers and throw them up into a tree.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I know that storyline with Patrick becoming an instant drug user was dumb af, but I liked the scenes between the two of them. JMB should have had more scenes with 

I agree. I think I even shipped them during that 5 second story lol. 

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The last time we saw Laura Kevin had told her that he loved her. We see Laura again today and no follow-up on that. No mention of Kevin at all. *bangs head on desk*

Kevin was definitely mentioned, but honestly I was only half paying attention to those scenes so I don't know exactly what was said.

I literally hate myself for this, but I continue to enjoy Valentin and Nina/Valentin together. I really have no explanation for it, it just is what it is.

I liked DZ/Dante in the scenes with Olivia talking about his reservations over Charlotte. I was kinda annoyed by Olivia being like, "Oh Dante, who cares, Charlotte is an innocent child so just love her and forget the rest lol!" but it did make sense for Olivia to be that way so.

Maxie's hair is so distracting. All I could notice in her scenes today was that KS obviously kept wanting to brush it away from her face but every time she went to do it she stopped just shy of actually pushing it out of her face. So weird.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I literally hate myself for this, but I continue to enjoy Valentin and Nina/Valentin together. I really have no explanation for it, it just is what it is.

you like things that are bad for you, that's why. :p (Okay, we're all watching GH, so that's true for all of us, but you know what I mean woman!)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Lulu still acts and looks deranged whether she's talking about babies or her newfound kid with Valentine.  What is wrong with this show and their baby children rabies when it comes to Lulu?

If I thought the writers paid attention to history I'd think that maybe they were trying to imply that Lulu is suffering from abortion* guilt without even realizing it and she's subconsciously trying to alleviate her guilt with baby rabies.

*Didja know? Lulu had an abortion.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Thankfully, Sam has only been forced to have scenes with Kiki a few times. She probably wants to forget she's related to that loser, and who can blame her.

We get it, @LeftPhalange.  You don't like Kiki.  But Sam certainly has no problem with her.  Just because you do, it doesn't mean the other characters will.  And it's clear to me that nearly none of them do.

1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

If I thought the writers paid attention to history I'd think that maybe they were trying to imply that Lulu is suffering from abortion* guilt without even realizing it and she's subconsciously trying to alleviate her guilt with baby rabies.

Yuck, I hope not. Lulu made the right decision at the time, and the abortion shouldn't have to be some emotional burden to bear for the rest of her life. The vast majority of women who've had abortions are not psychologically damaged afterward.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I liked DZ/Dante in the scenes with Olivia talking about his reservations over Charlotte. I was kinda annoyed by Olivia being like, "Oh Dante, who cares, Charlotte is an innocent child so just love her and forget the rest lol!" but it did make sense for Olivia to be that way so.

Yeah, I don't know what else Olivia would say. At least she recognizes how weird the situation is. I think they're all really naive thinking Valentin will just hand over Charlotte. I dread the inevitable custody battle. It's going to be rage-blackout-inducing.

• Love 5

I had to roll my eyes when Lulu was giddily telling Laura about her daughter and that "Olivia's premonition was right!" I can't believe it's nearly 2017 and Psychic Olivia is still a thing. Poor Olivia, man. She's been on this show for years and only gets trotted out every few months to dole out Italian food, motherly wisdom, or a prophetic vision.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ohh if Lulu is going all spoiled Scarlet O'Hara on Valentine and demanding immediately that the child Charlotte be handed over, I wish the child would turn out to be the "bad seed" of Helena Cassadine. Lulu would get her way after a big custody battle with Valentine, but then Charlotte would trash the Lante lifestyle. Charlotte could be  a firestarter and secret abuser of brother Rocco, getting him in trouble constantly.

I'd vote for this option.  I wanted to shake some common sense into willful, self-centered, silly Lulu today.  Damn, she actually made me sympathetic for Nina - especially since MS actually played the scenes with some subtle sensitivity without going over the top.  

• Love 1

Clearly my time frame on this show is completely off. When Olivia mentioned that premonition to Dante, my immediate thought was "wasn't that like 2 years ago?" I guess that's just how long the story has seemed. She looked great though.

Too much baby rabies on this show right now. One female is plenty enough, and we have two that are cranked up to about a billion. Makes me long for Marcie on OLTL. I can't be less interested in the saga of Lulu and Charlotte.

I actually thought today wasn't that bad. Infinitely better than yesterday. Felt slightly like traditional GH. It was nice to see Felicia, and Genie did a really great job in all of her scenes. I thought that Laura was having dark thoughts about her own Cassadine history, but then it hit me that she couldn't get excited for Lulu because Valentin killed her son. Who I've completely forgotten. Oops. Sorry, Nik.

This town is too damn small. Jason and Curtis were just AT the MetroCourt.

I liked Ava today (don't @ me). Not shrill and I like that she kept the secret because she cares about Julian. And that she left to go to her job at the gallery, which should be mentioned more when she's on.

• Love 6

So Lulu thinks she can just march on over to Cassadine Island, demand "her" daughter and Valentin is just going to say "oh, sure, I've packed up all her things, here you go."   She did everything but start foaming at the mouth and Charlotte doesn't even know the latest parental development.  Just because she felt an "instant connection" doesn't mean the kid will, but I guess nothing matters to Lulu now that she knows Charlotte is hers.   She's so insufferable.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I had to roll my eyes when Lulu was giddily telling Laura about her daughter and that "Olivia's premonition was right!" I can't believe it's nearly 2017 and Psychic Olivia is still a thing. Poor Olivia, man. She's been on this show for years and only gets trotted out every few months to dole out Italian food, motherly wisdom, or a prophetic vision.

Well, yeah. She's a minor character who is lucky to still be around to do even that. I like her but she shouldn't have a big role.

17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So Lulu thinks she can just march on over to Cassadine Island, demand "her" daughter and Valentin is just going to say "oh, sure, I've packed up all her things, here you go."

It's her daughter that was stolen from her. It's naive to think Valentin would just agree to hand her over, but Lulu has every right to try and get her daughter back.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

Clearly my time frame on this show is completely off. When Olivia mentioned that premonition to Dante, my immediate thought was "wasn't that like 2 years ago?" I guess that's just how long the story has seemed. She looked great though.

I do think that was in like, August though. Or was it after that? I know it wasn't as far back as you said but it DOES feel like it happened a while ago.

52 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's her daughter that was stolen from her. It's naive to think Valentin would just agree to hand her over, but Lulu has every right to try and get her daughter back.

But Charlotte is the product of both Valentine and Lulu, so why is Lulu acting like she produced the child alone? "Get her daughter back"? Valentine could have taken the girl and never revealed that she was also Lulu's. They could have disappeared to the other side of the earth, and Lulu would have never known about her, nor had a chance to test her DNA with Charlotte's. Lulu is indeed insufferable, but couldn't she learn the just and socially recognized convention of shared custody? She is acting like the child is an object that is to be possessed and controlled. Furthermore, all of Laura's good sense and maturity have apparently deserted her, and Laura is baying after Valentine too while supporting Lulu's selfishness.

Valentine has clearly treated the child well, and Charlotte is fond of him. To rip the two apart would be highly cruel, but entitled Lulu has not given a thought to their feelings and good relationship history.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Too much baby rabies on this show right now. One female is plenty enough, and we have two that are cranked up to about a billion. Makes me long for Marcie on OLTL. I can't be less interested in the saga of Lulu and Charlotte.

I actually thought today wasn't that bad. Infinitely better than yesterday. Felt slightly like traditional GH. It was nice to see Felicia, and Genie did a really great job in all of her scenes. I thought that Laura was having dark thoughts about her own Cassadine history, but then it hit me that she couldn't get excited for Lulu because Valentin killed her son. Who I've completely forgotten. Oops. Sorry, Nik.

This town is too damn small. Jason and Curtis were just AT the MetroCourt.

I liked Ava today (don't @ me). Not shrill and I like that she kept the secret because she cares about Julian. And that she left to go to her job at the gallery, which should be mentioned more when she's on.

Squeal!  Marcie McBain was the only soap character in decades that I wanted so badly to have her own child and still LMAO when she ran off with Tommy.

Lulu is clearly BSC and Dante should have committed her ass when she first started her baby rabies rants.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But Charlotte is the product of both Valentine and Lulu, so why is Lulu acting like she produced the child alone? "Get her daughter back"? Valentine could have taken the girl and never revealed that she was also Lulu's. They could have disappeared to the other side of the earth, and Lulu would have never known about her, nor had a chance to test her DNA with Charlotte's. Lulu is indeed insufferable, but couldn't she learn the just and socially recognized convention of shared custody? She is acting like the child is an object that is to be possessed and controlled. Furthermore, all of Laura's good sense and maturity have apparently deserted her, and Laura is baying after Valentine too while supporting Lulu's selfishness.

Valentine has clearly treated the child well, and Charlotte is fond of him. To rip the two apart would be highly cruel, but entitled Lulu has not given a thought to their feelings and good relationship history.

maybe she's acting like that because Valentin knew the whole time she was the mom and didn't tell her. And he also killed her brother.

Oh, and Valentin could have disappeared with her daughter? It's like saying Valentin could have have killed Lucky AND Nikolas, but since he only killed Nik, he deserves some credit.

Just because Charlotte likes him doesn't mean he's good for Charlotte. Sonny's kids like him too, but he isn't good for them either. And considering Valentin held them all hostage and killed her brother, I don't think Lulu is unreasonable to want her zombie daughter away from him, no matter how much Charlotte likes pops.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Even if you replace Valentin with someone who isn't a lying Cassadine who killed Nik, Lulu is still acting like a crazy freak who needs multiple rabies shots.

Maybe, but we don't know for sure because it is Valentin and he has done what he has done. It's like saying well maybe Anna wouldn't have put Faison in a hole if he hadn't stalked her and kidnapped her daughter.*

And even if Valentin hadn't done those things? So? So it's rude of her to demand for her daughter who was hidden from her?She's accused of not being like a Spencer but when she does act like one she's crazy. That's what Spencers ARE pretty much.

*and yes I know, screw Anna. :p

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

The only female characters that had consistent story since FV started are Kiki, Sabrina Hayden and Ava.

Did FV break out the contracts/cast list and add up the appearance minimums?  After seeing (all-too-briefly) soap mothers Felicia, Laura, and Olivia in yesterday's episode, one can't but help add Carly to that list.

FYI for the 2pm viewers for tomorrow -https://twitter.com/TVSource/status/809564873260761089  EDIT: Sorry, it's pre-empted for everyone.

Hopefully, the new first lady is a fan of GH and there won't be any press conferences during GH's time slot.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Maybe, but we don't know for sure because it is Valentin and he has done what he has done. It's like saying well maybe Anna wouldn't have put Faison in a hole if he hadn't stalked her and kidnapped her daughter.*

And even if Valentin hadn't done those things? So? So it's rude of her to demand for her daughter who was hidden from her?She's accused of not being like a Spencer but when she does act like one she's crazy. That's what Spencers ARE pretty much.

*and yes I know, screw Anna. :p

Charlotte's well being is supposed to be the most important thing right now, so with that taken into consideration, yes, I do think Lulu is being ridiculous right now. The kid is on her third father in less than a month and the woman who raised her has abandoned her. I'm pretty sure she needs some type of stability and structure instead of being yanked away from someone who seems to treat her well and being thrust into yet another strange home. I'm not saying Lulu shouldn't be angry, scared, anxious, etc, but maybe she could take a step back and take her daughter's feelings into consideration instead of only focusing on what she wants. I doubt she's even come up with an explanation to give the girl if/when she starts asking questions, prepared her home for another child, gotten her and Dante's schedules in order so they can make sure Charlotte gets to and from school, or planned for any of the other things that comes along with having a 10 year old child. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I had to lol at Nina's knickers being in a twist because Valentine didn't tell her that Lulu was Charlotte's mother.

Valentin holding people hostages, killing one man and shooting another, with multiple verifiable corroborating witnesses? Phht. You all are just mean. He's the sweetest man EVAH! And If you all agree with Eva, then that means you are all lying.

Valentin omitting Charlotte's total parentage? Yup. Broken camel's back.

Par for the course for Nina.

You know you have a problem with too many twists in your paternity test plotlines when you need to write in explicitly that two double-blind separate tests were conducted so that you cannot doubt the results. Only thing preventing Maury Povich from appearing to certify the results is money.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yuck, I hope not. Lulu made the right decision at the time, and the abortion shouldn't have to be some emotional burden to bear for the rest of her life. The vast majority of women who've had abortions are not psychologically damaged afterward.

Yeah, I don't know what else Olivia would say. At least she recognizes how weird the situation is. I think they're all really naive thinking Valentin will just hand over Charlotte. I dread the inevitable custody battle. It's going to be rage-blackout-inducing.

Oh believe me, I agree with you 100%, but we're dealing with male writers for the most part trying to write for those helpless little wimmens , although I may be guilty of generalizing the writers (not really, they really do suck hard), it's been bugging me that her baby rabies are so off the chart and I can't for the life of me come up with any rational reason for the way Lulu acts when it comes to babies. She really did make the right decision at the time, I understand completely how she felt back then because I was in the same position when I was teen Lulu's age, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only woman in the world who had to make that choice at a too-young age. It bothers me from time to time now that I have no children except for my fur-babies but it's more of a "what if" and nothing near rabid baby rabies like Lulu.

Then again, since when do the writers care about anything except the next new shiny object they hire while taking even more time away from the actual cast of General Hospital?

I'm right there with you on the rage-blackout to come. I don't get the point of all these babies being spit out, found, birthed, kidnapped, blah blah crap* when they rarely ever appear again for the most part.

Am I the only one who thought it might be Helena at the pawn shop? When what's his name came in with a cup of tea and gave Jason's phone number to red covered arm I instantly thought it was Helena, because, Helena. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nicholas comes back at some point so Lulu can't hate Valentine for murdering her brother and why am I wasting brain cells on this show?

*I'm pretty sure it was Nicholas who once said that, of all lines in TFGH, I remember that one and I'm probably misremembering but I need to stop caring more than the writers do.

ETA: bolded part in quote was bolded by me.

Edited by tveyeonyou
Sonny/Helena/Reasons
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Michel said:

We get it, @LeftPhalange.  You don't like Kiki.  But Sam certainly has no problem with her.  Just because you do, it doesn't mean the other characters will.  And it's clear to me that nearly none of them do.

None of the characters are allowed to dislike Kiki despite the fact that most of them should - which is how you know you've got a shitty character that's beloved by TIIC

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I agree. I don't expect Lulu to be completely rational about this situation.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Well, yeah. She's a minor character who is lucky to still be around to do even that. I like her but she shouldn't have a big role.

Of course, she does, but she should also have the perspective to realize that she can't barge in and demand what she wants immediatelly.   There are legalities considering that Valentin's rights to Charlotte have been biologically and legally verified.

And, more importantly, Lulu should stop thinking about her own immediate needs and consider that Charlotte has no idea who Lulu is and is attached to Valentin ... and that her son Rocco (remember him) has no idea that he has a sibling. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

maybe she's acting like that because Valentin knew the whole time she was the mom and didn't tell her. And he also killed her brother.

Oh, and Valentin could have disappeared with her daughter? It's like saying Valentin could have have killed Lucky AND Nikolas, but since he only killed Nik, he deserves some credit.

Just because Charlotte likes him doesn't mean he's good for Charlotte. Sonny's kids like him too, but he isn't good for them either. And considering Valentin held them all hostage and killed her brother, I don't think Lulu is unreasonable to want her zombie daughter away from him, no matter how much Charlotte likes pops.

No, it doesn't mean that he is good for Charlotte in the long run.  But nor is barging in and laying immediate claim to a child who has no idea who you are.  Process and patience and selfless maturity, Lulu. 

• Love 3

OK, so Lulu annoyed the bejesus out of me yesterday and here's why:

It's no secret I've had to really work at finding elements I enjoy in our GH. One of those elements has been finding the heart in stories and seeing that heart in characters with a long time connection to this show. So after hearing a few comments, I decided to watch.

I did find that heart - in the scenes all around Lulu's story. I felt appropriate and heartfelt emotion in scenes of Felicia with Maxie, Olivia with Dante, and even with new characters Valentin with Nina. Laura gave what she could to those scenes with Lulu; however, Lulu took the heart out of the moment with her too-giddy, too self-focused, too-willful tone. It's one thing to feel some joy at the idea of having a child she never expected to have. I can buy that. But, to quote a poster elsewhere, she was silly and girlie and so unlike either Luke or Laura.

Her reaction to being advised by her mother to rein in her Spencer streak was far too coy for something so very serious and so very important. She reacted as if her mother had advised to not borrow the family car without permission. And then, of course, ran off to do exactly what she wanted to do.

In addition to Lulu's impulsive nature, which precipitated serious problems in her marriage breakdown in 2015-early 2016, the problem of communication between the Falconeris is once again an issue. Did Lulu learn anything from that marriage breakdown? Obviously not when her husband, who is trying to be so supportive, is telling his mother that he can't raise valid questions to Lulu because she would jump to the wrong conclusions.

I also think that Lulu isn't considering the child's short-term well-being. No one expects Valentin to leave town - as Laura says, he is far too comfortable as Lord of Wyndemere to go anywhere. And, like him or not, he clearly cares about Charlotte and would not harm her. Lulu needs to take a seat and consider everyone involved in this situation - and give everyone - Charlotte, Dante, Rocco and Valentin some time.  In the  long run, this reasoned approach is the best for everyone - especially the children involved.  However, when Lulu wants something, reason often isn't a guiding factor. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4

Something that occurred to me - I guess it was just the contrivance to kick-start Lulu's baby rabies slash her (icky) desire to find the Stavlu embryo, but wasn't the whole thing that Lulu was obsessed with having another child she could carry and give birth to herself?  Charlotte doesn't actually address that issue.

• Love 7