Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Charlotte. Why the fuck hasn't someone called the last actual family member to have her? Claudette's mother. Wouldn't the grandmother who has actually been the primary caregiver for Charlotte be the person with the best shot at retaining custody?  Instead of Nathan or Griffin? And who the fuck would ever think that Nina would be a good sitter? Valentin had better be angling for Nina's money. Her background sure as hell doesn't make her useful in a custody battle. And she can't give him heirs either.

Fuck off show. It is bad enough to stick Liz with Franco, but to have the bitch boss, who actually fucking kidnapped, terrorized and shot her call Liz a bad person is yet another low.

So, Sonny is just a little diva bitch who likes to play with oversized weapons. Nice to hear that his supposedly beloved niece, Molly, nephew, Spencer and stepdaughter, Joss, didn't get shit from him. Not saying that they needed to get a million bucks. But at least a little something. Wait, did grandson Rocco even warrant a mention? 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, stlbf said:

So, Sonny is just a little diva bitch who likes to play with oversized weapons. Nice to hear that his supposedly beloved niece, Molly, nephew, Spencer and stepdaughter, Joss, didn't get shit from him.

He loves his niece, Molly? That's news to me :P ... Spencer is off the show for now, so I don't expect that anyone aside from Laura, Kevin, Lulu and maybe Liz would mention him. As for Joss, Sonny has always loathed Jax, so I think it would be completely OOC for him to give Jax's daughter anything. I assume the only reason he let Joss move in was to get Carly to sleep with/marry him, and so Michael and Morgan wouldn't think he's a POS for refusing to accept their little sis into his home. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He loves his niece, Molly? That's news to me :P ... Spencer is off the show for now, so I don't expect that anyone aside from Laura, Kevin, Lulu and maybe Liz would mention him. As for Joss, Sonny has always loathed Jax, so I think it would be completely OOC for him to give Jax's daughter anything. I assume the only reason he let Joss move in was to get Carly to sleep with/marry him, and so Michael and Morgan wouldn't think he's a POS for refusing to accept their little sis into his home. 

Well, Sonny is the world's bestest uncle in the world. Who can do almost no wrong, according to Molly and Spencer. Hey, he got Spencer that dopey robe that Spencer almost got killed trying to save it from the Wydemere fire. You know the ONE birthday Sonny had ever even remembered his female sibling's spawn. Kind of sadly, Carly AND Jax have spent more time with Spencer than Uncle Sonny.

And remember, nuTween Joss also thoughT that "Uncle" Sonny was awesome and cool as a coffee/mob kingpin. 

• Love 1

Dr. O is....does she know that she's a terrorist? I feel like she may have forgotten.

The lengths these people go to in an attempt to make Freak work is just....I've ever seen this before. Protip Jelly: If you have to trot out a rapist to make another rapist serial killer look good, you may be incompetent hacks. 

Can someone please just drop Charlotte off at the docks. What's the worst that could happen.

Nelly is nauseating. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Perkie said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The outside of Tom's house looked like Alexis's old lake house.

I thought it looked more like Luke's old house, the one where the basement exploded but left the rest of it standing.  

Those are probably the same set with a few tweaks. We know how absurdly cheap FV is.

9 hours ago, Michel said:

Sadly, I think this is where we're heading -- Jason returning to working for Sonny.

Do you really think the show would permanently break up its remaining super couple?

6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Dr. O is....does she know that she's a terrorist? I feel like she may have forgotten.

She remembers, but no one else does. Including the writers.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

I can't believe Franco is making me defend Tom's right to have a life. Like I really hate Tom and I never wanted him on GH again. However, this storyline with Franco is making me said stuff like, "Tom paid for his crime." I just feel so dirty defending one rapist cause I know they are using him to normalize another rapist. It is just so wrong all around. 

Welcome to Lifetime for GH Viewers. #Justice4Liz

• Love 5
12 hours ago, backhometome said:

How is there even a custody battle? wasn't the DNA test proven that Valenti is the father. So why the heck would Griffin have rights?

Anna said something about Claudette leaving Charlotte in his care, right?  How the wishes of the mother who abandoned the child would supersede a biological parent who wants the child, I have no idea.

And it's all extra moot because we know, WE KNOW, that Charlotte is the Stavlu embryo.  All of this is just a waste of time.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Charlotte. Why the fuck hasn't someone called the last actual family member to have her? Claudette's mother. Wouldn't the grandmother who has actually been the primary caregiver for Charlotte be the person with the best shot at retaining custody?  Instead of Nathan or Griffin?

Ha, I had already totally forgotten about Claudette's mother, but yeah, she would certainly be a more viable custodian than Griffin or Nathan.

• Love 2

SHUT UP, NELLE.

(pulling seat up to a table for one) - Nelle is my last thread holding me back from throwing objects at my tv after being confronted with yet another version of the tired plot line of justifying Sonny's existence on the show  He threatens people for a living but 'he's really a good guy that loves his kids'.

I didn't think much about her first psycho luke appearance but give Nelle props for keeping up with experienced actors in her current scenes.   She is a rare young talented actress that appears to have something between the ears.  Compared to the ones (Hi Kiki, Katrina, Starr, Molly, and Joslyn) that show has tossed in front of me  - this is the only young actress that is interesting to watch and appears to be able to wade through the bad writing*.  Sort of like Ellie.

*But if she sleeps with Sonny - she is dead to me.

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, backhometome said:

How is there even a custody battle? wasn't the DNA test proven that Valenti is the father. So why the heck would Griffin have rights?

I kept saying this to the tv yesterday. Anna acting like she had a leg to stand on legally was hilarious.

13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Um, I believe Kyle trying to flee Todd's house when he realized the mess his sister had gotten him into and opening the door to Oliver, who then arrested him, was the best part. ;)

I think I'm gonna start rewatching Kish's story on youtube instead of watching GH.

12 hours ago, Perkie said:

I thought it looked more like Luke's old house, the one where the basement exploded but left the rest of it standing.  

Me too! And I said to my sister, "I really hope Franco goes in there and then it blows up. And not just the basement this time!"

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Things to like about today:

Jax telling Alexis it's a "stretch" that she's the reason Morgan is dead. He really shouldn't feel any guilt about the impact of his actions on Carly's life, after she betrayed her marriage vows to him, her whining to Sonny resulted in his plane crash, and now the life she chose has killed her 'baby boy'.  Also, the "I love you" between Jax and Alexis was sweet.

(What I don't get is now that we know Jax tapped into the black market and Nelle's parents sold her kidney (which Nelle clearly knows), why hasn't she been asking more questions about Jax, or trying to investigate him by breaking into Carly's e-mail. All I get from today is that Nelle seems to feel an emotional attachment to Michael.)

Lucy today, with the attitude. "Ava has you by the.....ears." Ha. Yes, Scott really did think you're not that bright.

Finn making Elizabeth realize (although not on purpose) that if there's not an emergency at the hospital and her kids are okay, there is no emergency (certainly not Franco!).

What made me roll my eyes:

Carly's line to Sonny: "Haven't you learned anything at all?!" I thought for a second lightning would come down and strike her down from the hypocrisy of that line, re: her life now. 

Elizabeth's rapist knows/remembers Alexis?!! Ugh, I see from the previews he probably slipped something into her drink.

• Love 1

Franco: admits he's a sadistic freak; admits he gets off on torturing his victims; attacks a man who served his prison sentence and has no intention of hurting Liz or anyone else again.

The writers: Don't you just love Franco?? Isn't he the greatest?? Boy, Roger Howarth is so charming and quirky and cool!!! Franco and Liz 4 ever!!!

Fuck this show, for real.

• Love 17

I...I just...how do I...I can't really have sympathy for Tom Baker given what he's done, but Franco of all people saying that someone who actually went to jail for their crimes "has to pay" and dismisses pleases that a bad person "can change" when that's the mantra he's been trying to shove down all his victims' throats is...yeah, something.

Oh Scotty, this isn't Lucy's first rodeo.  I'm glad she knew exactly what he was up to and I like the idea of them teaming up, hopefully Scotty was being truthful about that.  And hey, Serena mention!

Hey Michael, shouldn't you still be sad about your dead almost-fiancée and not making eyes at Nelle?

Shut up, Sonny.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

(What I don't get is now that we know Jax tapped into the black market and Nelle's parents sold her kidney (which Nelle clearly knows), why hasn't she been asking more questions about Jax, or trying to investigate him by breaking into Carly's e-mail. All I get from today is that Nelle seems to feel an emotional attachment to Michael.)

This retcon makes no sense to me.  First of all, didn't Joss get diagnosed with her cancer/need for a kidney transplant the day Jake "died"?  It wasn't like they were waiting around for weeks for one.  So why would Jax have gone to the black market at all?  And for this to work, wouldn't that have meant Jax knew all along about Jake not being "dead"?  Nobody's really brought up that idea either.

• Love 3

Well Tom didn't really go to prison for Elizabeth's rape.  He went to prison for what he did to Emily, and he taunted Elizabeth throughout his trial.  So he technically didn't pay for what he did to her.  

• Love 5

Franco is a fucking moron. Attacking another rapists that actually paid for his crime was so bizarre. Look in the mirror Franco when talking about taunting victims. Pretty sure Tom isnt calling Liez an animal or going into her hospital room uninvited. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey Michael, shouldn't you still be sad about your dead almost-fiancée and not making eyes at Nelle?

Hey now, he can't help but feel a connection to his long-lost twin.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It seemed more like Nelle has a crush, was making eyes at him, and acting like the hand touch made it a given that they were going into romantic territory when they shouldn't be because she works for his mom. Michael's face registered a 'huh?' response - he sees her as a friend. I thought his look as she left was like sudden awareness that a woman who is not Sabrina is attracted to him. IMO C.D. wasn't playing it like Michael is thinking, "Hmm....I'd like to get with her."

Edited by Bringonthedrama
11 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Me too Perkie. Was that the original Tom?

No.

lol at this tweet:

WUBS NATION  ? ‏@WubsNet  55m

SO!! Everyone HANG ON TO YOUR HATS!! Will Sonny now revenge the revenge of the revenge or..learn not to revenge??? #GH (year 14)

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Bobbie catches Nelle snooping, a type of scene we should have seen WEEKS ago.

why would ANYONE be surprised at anything this girl does ? Look at her genes. From Luke all the way down to Carly ?Bobbie has been turned into a joke. She has een a piece of work, and never really made Carly pay .

And for this to work, wouldn't that have meant Jax knew all along about Jake not being "dead"?

They were very vague about that explanation today.  From what I understood, Jax searched the black market then thought Jake was the donor, until Nelle showed up.  Meaning, maybe his black market connections (ie Jerry??) came through for him, unbeknownst to him, and Nelle's kidney was the result.  

Elizabeth's rapist knows/remembers Alexis?!!

I'm spoiler free but I don't think he knows her so much as it's been 18 years in prison and he's going to hit on anything that moves.  Which of course will turn into something bad.  

Why is Jax merely taking out a credit card and telling the bartender to keep the tab open hot? 

Lucy and Scotty were the best thing about today. Although I liked the Alexis/Jax scenes as well. It doesn't seem as if he's going to be thrown under the bus that badly, but we'll see.

Now I wonder if Nelle has feelings for real. I feel like she suggested something could happen between her and Michael to plant the seed in his brain, cause I saw no flirtiness from Michael. Also, her voice seemed to get out of its usual register when she said "you'd crush me at monopoly!"

The chess pieces were cool.

Gaaah. I hate the "have you learned NOTHING" version of Carly. 

Whatever, Franco. Maybe if the guy had friends or hobbies he'd be doing something else instead of beating up Tom to make himself feel like an amazing boyfriend.

• Love 3

I think that DNA Jake is absolutely the worse recon ever. He died in front of Robin and Patrick. I can't imagine that Jax knew that Jake wasn't dead and let that slide. I do know that the MD who performed the transplant was a Lisa Niles friend so I guess anything is possible.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, stupid Rebecca Budig being treated at the Q mansion better not mean she (and Dr. Michael Easton) will interfere with or be part of the Quartermaines' Thanksgiving.  I ain't here for that.

Oh, you know it's coming. Prepare yourself.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In other news, stupid Rebecca Budig being treated at the Q mansion better not mean she (and Dr. Michael Easton) will interfere with or be part of the Quartermaines' Thanksgiving.  I ain't here for that.

One of my favorite thing about GH is whenever The Quartermaines get together for Thanksgiving or really anything. To this day, it makes me laugh so much because I know the history of these characters and each witty exchange means so much more. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, melody16 said:

Well Tom didn't really go to prison for Elizabeth's rape.  He went to prison for what he did to Emily, and he taunted Elizabeth throughout his trial.  So he technically didn't pay for what he did to her.  

He paid karmically.  Just not legally, like he should have.

• Love 1

So I guess Gene's Brandford Roadhouse (established 1985!) is the new place to meet. I love how we see only the one wall. 

Has Nelle every played Monopoly? It's not really about business acumen.

I refuse to watch a SERIAL KILLER trying to take the moral high ground over a rapist/blackmailer.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Gaaah. I hate the "have you learned NOTHING" version of Carly. 

Sonny's "Hey, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I gotta think things over" is ridiculous. Like there's any doubt. He's going to retaliate, because that's what he does. 

SHUT UP, NELLE. 

I kind of loved Liz's exasperated "If I'm going to do illegal stuff for you, at least tell me the truth about it" scolding to Finn, and then he and Hayden exchanged a "Yeah, she's not wrong" look.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why is Jax merely taking out a credit card and telling the bartender to keep the tab open hot? 

It took me 3 times reading this sentence to get it, duh!  "Jax" and "hot" is all I needed to know ;)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Have you noticed that the writers don't even mention Sabrina anymore?  No one has mentioned to Michael that he has lost TWO people in his life that he loved; it's only ever Morgan they mention.  I swear, the way these writers just erase storylines and characters where Michael is concerned is astonishing.  They did it with AJ and now they are doing it with Sabrina.  They are so anxious to rush into the next romance that they ignore what happened before.  I have said it for a while now, but Michael should actually be an aloof, emotionallly distant guy when you consider the people he has lost and the rest who have betrayed him.  His forgiving attitude is so opposite of what a person would actually be like if they went through half of what he has been through in his life.  My guess is that the writers know that Nelle has no foundation on the show (hello Kiki, Nina, Nathan, etc.) unless they tie her to a vet character.  

Also, Michael wasn't the one making eyes at Nelle.  She is the one that made the first move by putting her hands on his, complimenting him incessantly, and then pulling away as if he did something.  He seemed to be genuinely surprised that she implied any kind of romantic pairing between them.  I can't figure out if she's trying to play him or if she  is genuinely attracted to him, although I'm leaning towards the latter.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Have you noticed that the writers don't even mention Sabrina anymore?  No one has mentioned to Michael that he has lost TWO people in his life that he loved; it's only ever Morgan they mention.  I swear, the way these writers just erase storylines and characters where Michael is concerned is astonishing.

I actually feel the same way about Dillon too.  He found out his father was a serial killer who murdered someone he knew and almost killed his mom and he's supposed to have assumed care for his traumatized, mentally ill sister.  But all he got was a handful of scenes in one episode to talk about it with Ned and it's been all about Kiki (and Morgan) since.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why not both?

Good point.  I have a feeling that Nelle is being forced to maybe steal from the Corinthos clan because she is being blackmailed or coerced by her father to do so, but is becoming genuinely attracted to the Corinthos family and Michael in particular?  That's my guess anyway.

Edited by Bishop
25 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I have a feeling that Nelle is being forced to maybe steal from the Corinthos clan because she is being blackmailed or coerced by her father to do so, but is becoming genuinely attracted to the Corinthos family and Michael in particular?

Sigh. I think you're right. Of course, she can't hate Carly and/or Sonny because they are awful and try to ruin them on her own. Of course, she has to be coerced by someone. Of course, she has no real agency. Of course, she has to have an "out" that makes her a victim, so if she and Michael are paired together, he can be her hero and there will be no real conflict vis a vis his family.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

1 hour ago, Bishop said:

Have you noticed that the writers don't even mention Sabrina anymore?  No one has mentioned to Michael that he has lost TWO people in his life that he loved; it's only ever Morgan they mention.  I swear, the way these writers just erase storylines and characters where Michael is concerned is astonishing.  They did it with AJ and now they are doing it with Sabrina.  They are so anxious to rush into the next romance that they ignore what happened before.  I have said it for a while now, but Michael should actually be an aloof, emotionallly distant guy when you consider the people he has lost and the rest who have betrayed him.  His forgiving attitude is so opposite of what a person would actually be like if they went through half of what he has been through in his life.  My guess is that the writers know that Nelle has no foundation on the show (hello Kiki, Nina, Nathan, etc.) unless they tie her to a vet character.  

Well, if you are counting Michael's 2 dead girlfriends, then you need to add one more to Michael's dead beloved count. The woman who raised him, Leticia, was murdered by Diego when Michael was what, 10 or 11?

And please, these writers have absolutely no idea what to do with Nelle. They haven't from start.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

Good point.  I have a feeling that Nelle is being forced to maybe steal from the Corinthos clan because she is being blackmailed or coerced by her father to do so, but is becoming genuinely attracted to the Corinthos family and Michael in particular?  That's my guess anyway.

Yup, that's what I think is going on too, so we won't even get to enjoy her scheming to ruin Sonny and Carly's lives because she'll feel really bad about it, booo.  Her having no agency of her own is such a lame choice, I hate the EVUL DADDY angle so much already.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Sigh. I think you're right. Of course, she can't hate Carly and/or Sonny because they are awful and try to ruin them on her own. Of course, she has to be coerced by someone. Of course, she has no real agency. Of course, she has to have an "out" that makes her a victim, so if she and Michael are paired together, he can be her hero and there will be no real conflict vis a vis his family.

So you would prefer her to just be an all out bad character who wants to hurt Michael or Carly or Sonny?  Meh.  Then what?  We have enough bad characters on GH that I wouldn't mind a fairly decent character that is being abused by a father to do bad things and wants a way out.  If Michael is the person who gets her out - instead of, say Sonny or Jason (who always have to save everyone), then I'm okay with it.  Also, I'm really tired of Michael having conflict with his family.  He needs a storyline that does not involve Sonny or Carly at this point, and they need to stay out of his business for once.  THAT would be a nice change for me.

• Love 5

I have a question about Lucy.  She doesn't know that Ava switched the pills, right?  She only knows that Ava had Morgan's pills and then Ava went along with her assumption that she and Morgan had resumed their affair?

• Love 1