Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Stop talking about me.

I'm not! You have enough hatred in your heart to hate ER's Lulu and Danica Stewart! :p

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Poor ER. I bet she thought she would be playing more of a scrapper than this mess. I wanted Lulu to be relieved to find out the embryos are destroyed, despite her never being able to carry a child.

And instead she got a maniacal gleam in her eye when Daphne was talking about the embryo.  It was beyond creepy.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm not! You have enough hatred in your heart to hate ER's Lulu and Danica Stewart! :p

Oh, and you weren't okay with Dante's character turning into a pretzel as long as it meant DZ Dante making out with anyone as long as they weren't ER Lulu.

35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think the biggest mistake the show made was immediately offing Pat the moment she wasn't need to exposit about Fluke's past.  They could have done more with both of them and their relationships with the Spencers before offing Pat.  And it would have given Val's overarching character trait all last year - her grief about her mom's death - more nuance.

There was so much story left to be told!  Even if AG was leaving, Pat and Bobbie had a lot of history.  What if Bobbie had resented Pat all of these years because Pat left and she and Luke went to live with Aunt Ruby.  Ruby ran a whore house and Bobbie became a teenage prostitute.  Imagine the painful and heartfelt conversations the two would have had as Bobbie had an understanding of WHY Pat abandoned her.  Pat lived a lifetime away from her siblings, had she been keeping tabs on them?  Could it be that before she got sick she was an adventurer like her brother?  Did she have any super villain enemies of her own that would have followed her to Port Charles?  This would have given the canvas a fresh set of villains.  Pat's demise was such a waste.  Dee Wallace would have kicked butt as a former spy, who despite being in a wheelchair, was still at the top of her game.       

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, and you weren't okay with Dante's character turning into a pretzel as long as it meant DZ Dante making out with anyone as long as they weren't ER Lulu.

True. I just wanted them to break up for a period and have other love interests. Literally, nearly every couple on soaps has this opportunity. Why this show won't do it with Lante, I'll never understand. 

40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

True. I just wanted them to break up for a period and have other love interests. Literally, nearly every couple on soaps has this opportunity. Why this show won't do it with Lante, I'll never understand. 

I think they wanted to do it, they just fucked it up badly every single time. Trying to pair Lulu with Milo?? Turning Dante into a unrepentant bastard??

Robin also never got a chance to even, like, flirt with someone else while she was with Patrick, which was annoying. I suppose there was that guy she kissed during PPD.

Lucky also never really had a major love interest, I feel like. There was Siobhan and Sam, but those were always lukewarm in comparison to Liz's relationships with Jason, Ric.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Poor ER. I bet she thought she would be playing more of a scrapper than this mess. I wanted Lulu to be relieved to find out the embryos are destroyed, despite her never being able to carry a child.

And instead she got a maniacal gleam in her eye when Daphne was talking about the embryo.  It was beyond creepy.

I kind of laugh whenever she and Dante sort of halfheartedly remind themselves they have Rocco—like, well, he's better than nothing even if Lulu didn't give birth to him. It's gross on so many levels.

14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Funnily enough, Lucky has kind of been in the same boat. He never really had another major pairing besides Liz.

He had Sam and Siobhan. Neither stuck, but they weren't just flings.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

I kind of laugh whenever she and Dante sort of halfheartedly remind themselves they have Rocco—like, well, he's better than nothing even if Lulu didn't give birth to him. It's gross on so many levels.

He had Sam and Siobhan. Neither stuck, but they weren't just flings.

Yeah, but those were always lukewarm in comparison to Liz's relationships with Jason, Ric.

I'd say even Lulu's relationships with Johnny and Logan seemed more serious than lucky/Sam, Lucky/Siobhan. Well they tried with the latter but it was a flop.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they wanted to do it, they just fucked it up badly every single time. Trying to pair Lulu with Milo?? Turning Dante into a unrepentant bastard?

They were never serious. They gave Lante's storyboards to the intern.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Robin also never got a chance to even, like, flirt with someone else while she was with Patrick, which was annoying. I suppose there was that guy she kissed during PPD.

She would have been 4 for 4 if they gave her another love interest. Crown my Queen, pls.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Oh yeah, Ron wanted Milo to happen.  And I've said it before, but I'm positive that that Amensia!Lulu stuff was supposed to last longer than it did and Ron was forced to curtail it. 

And don't forget that Ron also slotted Milo in the Patrick/Sabrina romance for five minutes.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm positive that that Amensia!Lulu stuff was supposed to last longer than it did and Ron was forced to curtail it. 

Whoever that person was is my hero. I know part of the amnesia stuff was to settle ER into the role of Lulu, but it was SO. BAD. Devoid of logic and sense, as usual.

• Love 3

I mean, amnesia storylines are as soapy as you can get, but that it seemed designed to leave Lulu free to make out with Milo was guh-ross.  As was the rape-tinged wrap-up, which I believe was Lulu having blocked out her memories because she felt bad she didn't let Stavros rape her to protect her family, or something?

I was just stunned Ron thought redoing Teen!Jess - one of the worst stories of his OLTL regime, IMO - was a good idea.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, amnesia storylines are as soapy as you can get, but that it seemed designed to leave Lulu free to make out with Milo was guh-ross.  As was the rape-tinged wrap-up, which I believe was Lulu having blocked out her memories because she felt bad she didn't let Stavros rape her to protect her family, or something?

I can see how it can be interpreted that way, but I think it was more because Nikolas actually did get shot.

I think there might have been a cliffhanger with Dante or Lulu posing that Stavros did rape her, but that we found out the full story in the next.

I also remember that resolution came in the same episodes as the return of Franco and his "Here's these DVD's that show I was just kidding about raping people/getting people raped" whitewashing and it was all just so, soooo bad.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think there might have been a cliffhanger with Dante or Lulu posing that Stavros did rape her, but that we found out the full story in the next.

I also remember that resolution came in the same episodes as the return of Franco and his "Here's these DVD's that show I was just kidding about raping people/getting people raped" whitewashing and it was all just so, soooo bad.

Oh yeah, it definitely was all skeevy.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Lucky also never really had a major love interest, I feel like. There was Siobhan and Sam, but those were always lukewarm in comparison to Liz's relationships with Jason, Ric.

I think Guza and Co had realized by then that GV was not capable of carrying a love story - or any story, really.  GV kinda worked with Liz because he was good at being a dad and the foundation for LL2 was so fucking solid that not even Yelly and Larry could destroy it

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think Guza and Co had realized by then that GV was not capable of carrying a love story - or any story, really.  GV kinda worked with Liz because he was good at being a dad and the foundation for LL2 was so fucking solid that not even Yelly and Larry could destroy it

If they realized that then they shouldn't made him (fucking Lucky Spencer!) a drug addict so he could be the heavy in Liason. He had been on the show for a while by that time. Plus, Sam and Lucky actually did better than expected with the audience, lord know Sam seemed happier and more of an equal in the relationship. It wasn't squashed bc the audience did a massive revolt. 

• Love 3

Caught up on Friday. I liked the Alexis/Valentin scenes, but I think I just kind of miss her in lawyer mode. It's probably my favorite mode for her.

The Jordan/Curtis scenes bothered me because I just can't handle Jordan being two-faced to him. And I usually give her a lot of slack, and don't come down on her as hard as you guys do. But this time it was too much. They both looked great together, and it's about time there was some sexual chemistry on this show. Right now, I'm not seeing any.

I'm too annoyed at where the journal is leading (Sonny blameless) that I can't focus on the fact that Morgan was too stupid and too much of a fratboy douche to keep a journal.

Ava speaking for a lot of the audience trying to get Kiki to leave town. And I hate to say this, but HE really looks dangerously thin. It was very noticeable with what she was wearing.

I am not interested in pretty much any story right now. I'm waiting to see if that changes. Everything seems boring.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, there are a couple of people (not directed at you, Aurora2) who hate ER's Lulu and would have liked anyone who came in between her and Dante even if that character was played by  - what's her face, awful Maxie recast #1 - Daneel? No, Danica Stewart. 

How Danica Stewart got another soap gig and a Web soap I will never know.  And way I haven't liked ER on any soap. Not as Lizzie, Lulu,  and especially not as Abby.

I don't necessarily hate ER's Lulu, but I do hate what Ron did to the character once she came on. And I prefer JMB's portrayal. And I have a hard time imagining the Lulu I saw on screen for eight years wanting a rape ****** or letting Dante and Val treat her the way they did. This Lulu is like Dillon 2.0 to me, except less bland. Dillon is SO bland and boring. What does he even do? His interest in film has disappeared so does he have any other aspirations besides getting Kiki? And then when they put him with her I'm just like ugh what is this? Why is this happening? I feel like I took an entire bottle of ambien. Like, can you go? Just go jump into Georgie's grave and don't come back. So yeah, sometimes I sorta kinda hate Lulu a little bit. And Fuck Dante. They both need to go. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't necessarily hate ER's Lulu, but I do hate what Ron did to the character once she came on. And I prefer JMB's portrayal. And I have a hard time imagining the Lulu I saw on screen for eight years wanting a rape ****** or letting Dante and Val treat her the way they did.

I do too, but if there's one thing I've learned, the writers can twist *any* of the characters into OOC messes, no matter who is doing the portraying. Look at poor Anna/FH.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

"Who's the daddy?"? re: Charlotte has been simply awful and teh boring for me. Is it:

• Nathan? (And thus an Obrecht relative?)
  • Griffin? (And thus Duke's granddaughter!)
  • Valentin? (And thus a Cassadine granddaughter?)

As the paternity tests fly and fail, the hopeful fathers and families look ridiculous. The writers look clueless and terminally indecisive. They've certainly killed off my interest, and caused me to hate the tyke.

• Love 2

Charlotte is gonna need loads of therapy. She's had 3 different dads in as many days. Who writes this shit? Griffin looked like he was about to burst into tears when Valentin claimed her

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Charlotte is gonna need loads of therapy. She's had 3 different dads in as many days. Who writes this shit? Griffin looked like he was about to burst into tears when Valentin claimed her

That's just the way Griffin's face is.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

He should've just handed the kid to Valentin and walked away. Take the out that he's giving you and be thankful you don't have to deal with this shit anymore. 

Seriously. No Charlotte means no Claudette. 

• Love 6

Wow, I figured the promo was a fake out, but Lucy really is the one who found the tainted pills and knows what Ava did with them.  I'm not sure what to think of this yet, I don't want Lucy going under the wheels for the likes of Ava, Sonny, and Carly.  At the very least, it'll hopefully give Lynn Herring some juicy story to play.  Also, I'm glad someone remembered that Lucy is a mother herself, given her daughters aren't allowed within the city limits.

Otherwise, what a snoozer of an episode.  Shut up, Morgan's journal.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

So Lucy is the one who saw Ava tossing the pill bottle. Okay, then. I'm now more convinced than ever that the writers approach each episode as if it's a giant game of Mad Libs. They're just filling in the blanks at random and not caring that what they cobble together makes no sense.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

So Lucy is the one who saw Ava tossing the pill bottle. Okay, then. I'm now more convinced than ever that the writers approach each episode as if it's a giant game of Mad Libs. They're just filling in the blanks at random and not caring that what they cobble together makes no sense.

Of course it was Lucy, as that makes little sense.  And, frankly, ever since that idiotic voting debaucle with ELQ stock, I've no doubt Lucy is just Plot Device Du Jour.  

• Love 5

I mean, they COULD spin something interesting out of this, with Ava being all chummy with Scotty, Lucy's history with the Jeromes, etc.

Will it be?  Doubtful.  Lucy's just another person who will get blame affixed to her instead of Sonny when it all comes out.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

What if Bobbie had resented Pat all of these years because Pat left and she and Luke went to live with Aunt Ruby.  Ruby ran a whore house and Bobbie became a teenage prostitute.  Imagine the painful and heartfelt conversations the two would have had as Bobbie had an understanding of WHY Pat abandoned her.  Pat lived a lifetime away from her siblings, had she been keeping tabs on them?  

I think that's the one question that has an answer - no.  Someone -Bobbie?-asked Pat if she was aware Aunt Ruby ran a whore house. She looked crushed and said no. I think, just from that, they made it pretty clear she didn't keep tabs on them. Maybe she had one other line? Basically she sent them away, and hoped for the best for them (with a fresh start, living with their aunt. I would think that if you check up on children, even if not face-to-face, it would be hard to miss that they're living amongst prostitutes).

• Love 3

I wish Bobbie had gotten to have more of a reaction to what she found out from Pat.  Her life took some very dark turns because of what Pat and Luke did that night.  I mean, Pat did the best she could and I'm sure Bobbie would have agreed, but it would have been human of her to have some anger about it instead of her actual on-screen reaction, which was basically to dismiss it as no big deal.  Booo.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

There was so much story left to be told!  Even if AG was leaving, Pat and Bobbie had a lot of history.  What if Bobbie had resented Pat all of these years because Pat left and she and Luke went to live with Aunt Ruby.  Ruby ran a whore house and Bobbie became a teenage prostitute.  Imagine the painful and heartfelt conversations the two would have had as Bobbie had an understanding of WHY Pat abandoned her.  Pat lived a lifetime away from her siblings, had she been keeping tabs on them?  Could it be that before she got sick she was an adventurer like her brother?  Did she have any super villain enemies of her own that would have followed her to Port Charles?  This would have given the canvas a fresh set of villains.  Pat's demise was such a waste.  Dee Wallace would have kicked butt as a former spy, who despite being in a wheelchair, was still at the top of her game.       

ALL OF THIS! Plus, I wouldn't mind knowing who Valerie's father is. I can't stand Valerie much but it looks like she's probably not going anywhere too soon! Stunt casting alert! Denzel Washington as her father and a sexy charismatic love interest for Tracy!

• Love 3

I don't understand why Dante and Lulu are on this show if they don't want to put any thought or effort at all into their scenes.

Color me pleasantly surprised that Lucy actually knew about the pills. Thought it was gonna be a fake-out. Threatening Lucy is so much more tolerable than zany Lucy.

I'm liking Valentin. Make Griffin cry some more! 

• Love 4

What if Justice Ward was Valerie's father.  That would have made her a Spencer and a Quatermaine.  She and Pat could have been involved in ELQ rather than Valerie become yet another member of the PCPS keystone cop brigade.  I am alway wanting new character to be long lost members of the Q family.  I just can't help myself because I love the Q's so much.

• Love 3
On 11/4/2016 at 4:37 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Yes, Aaron Refvem's Morgan was about the same age as Molly.  Morgan and Molly were close growing up and there was a lot of story line potential in watching them grow up and surviving those awful high school years together. Watching two legacy characters grow up on screen helps viewers bond with the characters and with the show.  Robin Scorpio, who is one of the most beloved characters in soaps, is a perfect example of this. However, to accomplish this soap writers and producers have to think ahead and SORAS these character's wisely.  The SORASing of Morgan was short sighted and done only to bring on Ave and KiKi.  

It doesn't help the SORASed Morgan was yet another instrument to prop up the Corrinthos family.

Morgan, in real time, is only six months older than Cameron Webber.  Morgan was born in October 2003 and Cameron was born in May 2004.  Molly was born on screen in November 2005.  It's beyond stupid that Morgan and Molly are now 20-something adults while Cameron is still 12 years old.  

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

If they realized that then they shouldn't made him (fucking Lucky Spencer!) a drug addict so he could be the heavy in Liason. He had been on the show for a while by that time. Plus, Sam and Lucky actually did better than expected with the audience, lord know Sam seemed happier and more of an equal in the relationship. It wasn't squashed bc the audience did a massive revolt. 

He wasn't the heavy to Liason.  He was the foil to Jason, just like AJ was before him with Jourtney.  Elizabeth didn't matter either because she lied to the stupid Spencer idiot during that time as well.  Not a good look on her.  And she got tossed into a meat grinder right away again (after Jason off-loaded her), by sleeping with Dik.  

Edited by coffee drinker
23 hours ago, ulkis said:

You're forgetting about the hot but. Never forget the hot but.

So Lucy is the one who saw Ava tossing the pill bottle. 

My money, as always, was on Johnny's guys...

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 4

edit.

13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wasn't ready for an episode with both Lante and Franco/Liz. Why.

You're comparing Lante with Franco/Liz? *put you on ignore*

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

edit.

You're comparing Lante with Franco/Liz? *put you on ignore*

I'm more comparing that it's two couples that are pissing me off and I can't handle them both simultaneously.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are all the parents in Port Charles selfish monsters?  Stop eating all your kids' candy!

Meh, I don't know whose idea it was to turn Halloween into some candyfest anyway.

The biggest lie anyone can tell another person on this show is that they're not a hypocrite.  Welcome to the liar ranks, Andre.

Lucy being the one to get the goods on Ava was kind of surprising, but I didn't really understand her line of logic.  She sees Ava dump the pills in the garbage can (Still the stupidest way to dispose of them ever, Ava.  You had a whole bunch of water, right there!), jumps to the conclusion that Ava and Morgan took up their affair again, and... that led to his death?  Um, what, how, why?

Whatever, Lucy's in the right church even if the wrong pew.    Instead of all those excuses Ava gave her as to why Lucy shouldn't tell Carly and Sonny, why didn't Ava just jump to the biggie:  "If you tell Sonny, he will kill me."  I know Lucy has no qualms about selling out the Quartermaines when it comes to ELQ, but surely she's above murder?  Maybe, kinda, sorta?

Edited by Fellaway
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Exactly! I mean, where does Lucy POSSIBLY come in as the person who saw Ava committing the pill bottle act? Just stupid and made up! Just like they made up all the Claudette shit which is still in play despite her being GONE!

• Love 5