Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I remember that Halloween awkwardness! 

I really didn't like Lucy's explanation about Sabrina reviving the Nurse's Ball because those who watched at the time know Lucy is speaking 'with rose-colored glasses.'. Epiphany and Elizabeth would have been the ones to "know it was needed" and want to "bring the community together," in part to "honor Robin" because of years spent working at the hospital and out of respect for Robin's memory. Sabrina had the time for it due to lack of other stuff going on in her life. She worked at the hospital, hung out with Felix, and mooned over Patrick while resenting Britt.

The funeral scenes also showed how GH has decimated friendships. Elizabeth was Sabrina's only girl friend, and Sabrina was the last of Elizabeth's girl friends (or even just friends, period) who had not already been killed off or left town. When Emily was murdered and Robin "died" in the hospital lab explosion, I absolutely believed (and not just because of the tears) that Elizabeth was devastated by the loss of her friends. Now at Sabrina's funeral, she just seems sad, defeated/resigned, and alone. All she could really say is that she and Sabrina "clicked right away." Why? Because the show never invested in scenes of them building a close friendship over years. Liz mostly served as an ear for Sabrina when she was upset about something Patrick-related. 

If the showed stayed true to what it was originally intended to be,  legacy family characters Nurse Elizabeth and Doctor Robin would be the female leads, with maybe a half dozen recurring hospital staffers as their friends/family/in-laws, whatever. (Steven Lars should have been recast, and still a doctor at GH!) Becky and Kim Mc certainly have the acting chops to be leads. Monica and Bobbie would be seen on at least a recurring basis with patients at the hospital.  After Jason's life has now been repeatedly saved by doctors and  he supposedly wants to value family more, he would in some way make contributions (other than $$) to the hospital his family has been so invested in over many years.  There are so many ways to connect characters directly or indirectly through relationships and storylines, without all roads leading back to f'ing Sonny and the Mob.

• Love 13

I think the board ate my last post. Anyway-to the poster up thread who mentioned the hair sample-you are right I think, it has to be extracted from the root, much like it has to be for a drug test to be accurate. Also, I'd consider the sample to be tainted, since she is just carrying it around in a baggie like a mid morning snack. The biggest problem is that as a cop and doctor respectively, Nathan and Dr O should know this. Claudette seems sincere though, but BW is one of those annoying actresses I can feel "acting". Blah.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seemed to me like the actress played it as Sabrina being subconsciously manipulative.

I don't think it was subconscious at all, but it was definitely not malicious. It was innocent scheming, if that isn't an oxymoron. That very early stuff, when the show couldn't decide if Sabrina was some guileless virgin or a relatively experienced woman, was galactically embarrassing. I felt sorry for everyone.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I have to keep telling myself that, if it ends, JJ would be willing to come back to give Liz/Lucky a happy ending.  I refuse to consider the alternative.  

Have you noticed that a lot of Liz fans hate Lucky more than any of her other dudes? I'm like, HOW!? To each their own, obvs.

• Love 10

How did I just know that Epiphany was gonna sing 'You're Not Alone' at Sabrina's funeral? I think  it was fitting for the most part, even though her death has just felt so one note like every other story on this show. 

Speaking of character relationships, where the hell is Kristina? I refuse to believe that she wouldn't be by Michael's side at a time like this. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Has Krissy shared any scenes with Michael since LA came back?

A few, but around other people (the initial Morgan/Kristina/Michael reunion when Sonny was in the hospital, Corinthos Christmas gathering,  and the Jasam wedding,). They haven't had a scene alone since she's been back, which is absolutely ridiculous if you know their history. We have no idea if Michael even knows what's been up with Kristina.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:

We have no idea if Michael even knows what's been up with Kristina.

I don't think he does. Michael and Kristina certainly haven't talked about it. Morgan knows, but he and Michael have been at odds enough that I can't see them discussing it even offscreen. Morgan is all about Morgan.

• Love 1

I dislike the Claudette actress and her story, and I noticed a stale deja vu throwback when she was describing her dilemma to Nathan. She describes herself as a victim who had a child with a powerful bad man. She has had to hide the child away from the man and is afraid he will find out. Isn't that essentially Olivia's story with at least one man--conceiving a child with a bad parner and keeping it hidden--Dante first and then Leo? And Cheryl Stansberry (way back in the day) also got pregnant with Julian's child, who later turned out to be Lucas?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
34 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I dislike the Claudette actress and her story, and I noticed a stale deja vu throwback when she was describing her dilemma to Nathan. She describes herself as a victim who had a child with a powerful bad man. She has had to hide the child away from the man and is afraid he will find out. Isn't that essentially Olivia's story with at least one man--conceiving a child with a bad parner and keeping it hidden--Dante first and then Leo? And Cheryl Stansberry (way back in the day) also got pregnant with Julian's child, who later turned out to be Lucas?

No, she said she worked for a powerful, dangerous man so she could support her daughter, wanted to quit, and the man found out about her daughter and threatened the kid to stop her from quitting. At the moment, the Claudette actress seems to be playing it like either Griffin or some other dude is the father, and she's both exploiting Nathan's caring cop nature/ manipulating him into protecting them by claiming the girl is his child. As another poster pointed out, if Nathan was the father, the girl would have to be about 10.  The girl in that photo looks younger than 10. 

• Love 2

I'm really supposed to be thinking Morgan wouldn't be acting like this if Ava hadn't switched his meds? Yeah okay. And Carly you only like Kiki because she can babysit Morgan and you and Sonny don't have to worry about him. 

So your brother's girlfriend is killed and you don't come to the funeral,  Morgan and Kristina? Michael is sitting alone on a pew with no siblings near except Dante in the back.  I know this is on the writers though. It's like they thought, "Well Franco obviously needs to be at her funeral, her killer, Jason showing up when it's practically over, some extras but the grieving boyfriends siblings, nah who is going to notice?" I dont why these things surprise me anymore. 

Claudette has a kid? Of course she does. This the big secret she brought to town. She can take that back. More kids on GH that will never be seen. Yay. 

• Love 6
On 9/24/2016 at 1:07 PM, HeatLifer said:

Have you noticed that a lot of Liz fans hate Lucky more than any of her other dudes? I'm like, HOW!? To each their own, obvs.

Yep.  I have hated Lucky since JY took over the role and GV was pretty, but not Lucky Spencer.  JJ's return should have signaled that the character was held captive by Helena and the other two Lucky's were brainwashed minions.  However, Guza chose to write Lucky like his shit did not stink or that he was a cheating hosebag (Sarah, Maxie and Sam) while with Elizabeth and the nasty comment about the girl crawling in the snow sealed my hatred tenfold.

19 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I mean, they know Franco exists, right?  

Yes, but there are still LizFF that hate Lucky and I am one of them.  I don't want Elizabeth anywhere near Franco, Lucky, Ric or asshat Jason (at least until SBu comes back to the show).

• Love 1

Freako is a serial killer rapist, Ric is a psycho, Nik is Lucky's brother (and garbage), and Jason and Liez are never going to work. Lucky may have made some mistakes but Liez damn sure isn't a saint. If he isn't good enough then she should just be alone because she's not going to do any better than him.

• Love 10

The last thing SBuJason did before he left the show was to turn her down - again AFTER using her adulation to make himself feel better about fucking up his marriage. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7
On 9/24/2016 at 3:07 PM, HeatLifer said:

Very easy.

Because LL.2 was toxic to the core. From the start.  Co-dependent to a crippling level on Liz's part, emotionally.  Best thing that happened to the character was to have the stupid die in the fire in 1999.

The sun and moon never rose or set on Jonny Jackson, imo.  He sucked as a teenager and as an adult in his return.  Loathed him and the character he played.

I was a Jax/Brenda fan to begin with so I had no skin in the LL.2 game at the start, but I did like Becky's portrayal of Elizabeth.  I always wanted her to be free of the Jackson/Spencer clan effect.

Frankly, Becky's best work was with Rick Hearst, for me.  I loved early Jason/Elizabeth, but Ric/Elizabeth blew by that.  Even with slanted, agenda writing against them.

Forgot to mention that early Liason wasn't a re-tread of jrrrrrrrrrrrr to me.  I didn't like jrrrrrrrrrr, thought it was stupid for Robin to get her chance with Jason only after his brain didn't remember her.  I like Kim Mc/Robin, but jrrrrrrrrrrr was Robin leading Jason around by the nose.

Edited by coffee drinker
15 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason, Franco, Nik, Ric. All better men than Lucky. *weeps*

I agree that it's absurd. It's kind of a toss-up as to who is worse, Ric (who poisoned her and held a pregnant woman captive in a secret room of their home) or Franco (who had her newborn son kidnapped from the hospital, almost murdered her ex-SIL to taunt Jason, and has been verbally awful to anyone he hadn't either killed or tortured already.) I guess SBu's Jason was better than Franco in that he didn't go after children to hurt the adults? I would hope that the people who've hated Lucky or thought he was a terrible match for Liz meant the two awful Lucky recasts.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Very easy.

Because LL.2 was toxic to the core. From the start.  Co-dependent to a crippling level on Liz's part, emotionally.  Best thing that happened to the character was to have the stupid die in the fire in 1999.

The sun and moon never rose or set on Jonny Jackson, imo.  He sucked as a teenager and as an adult in his return.  Loathed him and the character he played.

I was a Jax/Brenda fan to begin with so I had no skin in the LL.2 game at the start, but I did like Becky's portrayal of Elizabeth.  I always wanted her to be free of the Jackson/Spencer clan effect.

Frankly, Becky's best work was with Rick Hearst, for me.  I loved early Jason/Elizabeth, but Ric/Elizabeth blew by that.  Even with slanted, agenda writing against them.

Forgot to mention that early Liason wasn't a re-tread of jrrrrrrrrrrrr to me.  I didn't like jrrrrrrrrrr, thought it was stupid for Robin to get her chance with Jason only after his brain didn't remember her.  I like Kim Mc/Robin, but jrrrrrrrrrrr was Robin leading Jason around by the nose.

Disagree about Lucky and Jonathan Jackson and am taking my response to the history thread.

I know this might be a little historyish as well, but what they are trying to do with Franco, should have been AJ's story down to the relationship with Liz. Sure he might have once blamed Liz for Jake's 'death" when he was going through a bad time, but he never kidnapped her newborn. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 7

I just caught up on last week's episodes, and I'd like to send a shout-out to Paul for showing us  that Kelly's still exists.

We saw Liz leave and the lights shut off. I think they should have had Monica leave her hospital bed on the same day. The closing of the hospital - on the show that is named General Hospital - warrants an additional scene in which Monica, the current COS, is emotionally in shambles while being wheeled to the elevator. She could have had a tear-filled, angst-ridden scene with Piph (since there aren't any vets who work at the hospital and could offer some opportunities for nostalgic dialogue). What, did TIIC decide Leslie Charleson hit her hourly quota for September's episodes?

And I really did feel for Liz when she told Franco she wished her friends would stop dying. Then, I felt for all of us, the viewers. For some reason, the writers think we want to hear about pregnancies, babies, and motherhood non-stop. No, women have more facets than that, and invested friendship is one of those facets. I wish they'd stop being so damn lazy and write about that (and maybe present more women as intelligent business people -- and not the ones that use sex as a weapon, ex. Ava, or act like goofballs all the time, ex. Nina). Despite what your feelings of Sabrina may have been, it was nice that they wrote a long-term friendship (with Felix) for the character. 

• Love 5
On 9/4/2016 at 2:51 PM, KerleyQ said:

Wait! I'm on the barge and haven't seen the show in a while. Did they actually close the hospital with no hope of it opening back up on a show named "General Hospital?" Did they cancel the show without me knowing?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I just caught up on last week's episodes, and I'd like to send a shout-out to Paul for showing us  that Kelly's still exists.

We saw Liz leave and the lights shut off. I think they should have had Monica leave her hospital bed on the same day. The closing of the hospital - on the show that is named General Hospital - warrants an additional scene in which Monica, the current COS, is emotionally in shambles while being wheeled to the elevator. She could have had a tear-filled, angst-ridden scene with Piph (since there aren't any vets who work at the hospital and could offer some opportunities for nostalgic dialogue). What, did TIIC decide Leslie Charleson hit her hourly quota for September's episodes?

And I really did feel for Liz when she told Franco she wished her friends would stop dying. Then, I felt for all of us, the viewers. For some reason, the writers think we want to hear about pregnancies, babies, and motherhood non-stop. No, women have more facets than that, and invested friendship is one of those facets. I wish they'd stop being so damn lazy and write about that (and maybe present more women as intelligent business people -- and not the ones that use sex as a weapon, ex. Ava, or act like goofballs all the time, ex. Nina). Despite what your feelings of Sabrina may have been, it was nice that they wrote a long-term friendship (with Felix) for the character. 

Well, St. Jasus woke her up, he didn't heal her. So I can buy Tracy insisting on Monica going home ASAP. Easier to protect her too. Since the hospital apparently has refused to fix broken hallway cameras.  Since I don't recall the PCPD requesting the footage. And what backward ass hospital doesn't have cameras in their halls and common areas nowadays?

Screw the Pretty Princess and her long term friendship with Felix. If only a 20+ year vet like Liz could have a friend who isn't constantly dead, missing or just gone. Like Emily, Nik and Robin. Hell, it would be nice to see all of the female friends, have actual friendships. Sam needs a friend. Liz needs friends. Lulu and Maxie supposedly are besties. Laura could use an age appropriate friend. Kevin is great for a love interest.  But the lady needs another gal to talk to about him. Lucy and Felicia used to be BFFs. Olivia is just a glorified babysitter. Hell, let twin bitch nutjobs, Carly and Nina, be friends. That is something neither one has ever been with another woman. Let Tracy and HeyChel rekindle their friendship and Daddy issues. Let Ava see a kindred spirit in Claudette. Hell, get Val and Jordan in on the friendship action. Val can maybe sympathize with HeyChel's poor judgement concerning family. Or even have her friendly with Lauren. How about Jordan and Liz bonding over their sons and man issues? 

The almost complete lack of friendship bonds is baffling. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, stlbf said:

23 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Your point about friendship or lack thereof among the female characters is a point well-taken. But at least we see Alexis and Diane as two female attorneys who can bond over wine anytime.

• Love 2

Meh. TFGH's entire lineup of female friendships is Lulu/Maxie, Alexis/Diane and maaaaaybe Tracy/Monica (when they both can be released from the GH Seniors closet). Maxie and Sam were sort of close. But hey, that and the fact that Spinelli(out of town ex of Maxie and legal custodian of Maxie's toddler daughter) performing a marriage ceremony still didn't land Maxie a wedding invite to JaSam's big day.

Alexis and Diane have been doing the same song and dance for quite awhile now. At least they could show them having a night out on the town. With other adults. Or hell, at least cougaring the hell out of the PCU age set. Embarassing the shit out of Kristina and Molly. Something fun to watch.

Lulu and Maxie occasionally remember that they are supposedly friends. Although this fucking show ruined that for me with the whole Maxie fakes LAnte's baby surrogacy bullshit. Saddling Maxie with a kid she doesn't need or really seem to want. 

This soap has major issues with relationships across the board. They barely show family relationships. Does Lucas remember that Maxie is his cousin? When was the last time Lulu visited Liz's boys?  Friendships are a joke. If you aren't Corinthos related or adjacent, you get nothing.

All this show seems to care about is making babies and who is having sex with whom. 

• Love 7

Sam/Maxie have been friends since 2006/2007. I'm pretty sure they bonded over being bad girls and hating Liz. Which actually led to a pretty good, though brief scene between Maxie and Lucky  that was the kind of thing that this show used to do really well

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Sam/Maxie have been friends since 2006/2007. I'm pretty sure they bonded over being bad girls and hating Liz. Which actually led to a pretty good, though brief scene between Maxie and Lucky  that was the kind of thing that this show used to do really well

And yet Maxie still didn't get an invite to a wedding that featured her Baby-daddy *blech* doing the ceremony. It isn't like Sam had a million people at her wedding. Just her family and the Corinthi. But if Spinelli was there, then there really shouldn't have been an issue having wedding coordinator and rare gal pal Maxie there. Or at least have Maxie, Sam or Spinelli mention her not being able go.

Edited by stlbf
7 hours ago, stlbf said:

When was the last time Lulu visited Liz's boys?

Liz actually mentioned wanting to give toys to Rocco a couple of weeks ago. She was lying, but they Liz and Lulu do mention each other sporadically.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:00 AM, HeatLifer said:

My friend who has only watched this episode thought there was a Franco/Liz/Jason triangle. 

Jason: YOU HAVE A WIFE! SHE IS AT THE FUNERAL SERVICE YOU ARE MISSING! LIZ' LOVELIFE IS NOT YOUR CONCERN!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am sure the powerful dangerous man will turn out to be Valentin and the kid will end up being his. Claudette had no reason to hide her daughter before she even hooked up the powerful dangerous man.

You mean the powerful and dangerous man defeated by Jason and Sonny in three seconds?

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, Linny said:

I never want to hear "You're Not Alone" or the name Sabrina Santiago ever again. Bury that fucking song in an unmarked grave where no one will be able to find it.

"Epiphany is asked to come up.... okay, she's gonna sing, and if it's "Amazing Grace", I'm going to bawl my eyesOHGODINHIGHHEAVENMYEARSAREBLEEDINGGODNONONONONO!!!!"

• Love 5
3 hours ago, stlbf said:

And yet Maxie still didn't get an invite to a wedding that featured her Baby-daddy *blech* doing the ceremony. It isn't like Sam had a million people at her wedding. Just her family and the Corinthi. But if Spinelli was there, then there really shouldn't have been an issue having wedding coordinator and rare gal pal Maxie there. Or at least have Maxie, Sam or Spinelli mention her not being able go.

Maxie is only allowed to be onscreen to carry water for the Tree and to occasionally be a terrible friend to Lulu

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
11 hours ago, stlbf said:

Hell, let twin bitch nutjobs, Carly and Nina, be friends.

They are. And it's terrible

Yeah. There is literally no possible way that Carly would ever befriend Nina

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Actually, in some ways, Carly and Nina are a lot alike-and Carly is nothing if not in love with herself.  As long as you pet Carly and tell her she's pretty and you aren't trying to destroy her or someone she claims to love, she might befriend you.  Carly's friendships are *always* conditional though-once anyone has the strength to stand up to her, she has a very different opinion of you.

Susan is dead, isn't she-and Paul has been talking to an old answering machine message. I just say that because the time I saw where Paul was talking to whoever on the phone, it didn't come across as a "conversation". Still have no idea what that has to do with him killing people at GH. If it's the old virus thing-that would be the fault of the cartel, not the hospital-and it wouldn't make sense he'd kill elderly people over it who had nothing to do with events years ago. But then again, I think we all know or suspect that making Paul the killer was a last minute wrap up to this SL.

• Love 3

Can someone explain to me like I'm Morgan why Monica would give a woman she doesn't know, who didn't know Sabrina and never worked for GH, pics of Sabrina for an on-line memorial??! Somehow I don't think Nell saying "Hi, I'm a friend of the Corinthos family" would  endear her to Monica!

I could buy Monica having access to Nurses Ball and candid hospital pics of Sabrina, as doctor/administrator of GH.  However, the scene(s) with Michael should have been Lucy.  I'd believe Monica would give pics to Lucy, a business woman with a history at GH and w/ the Q Family, who adored Sabrina. 

Not as bad as Franco being the new love interest for Elizabeth, but still took me out of the scene.

I didn't even bother with the Sonny-Jason or Julian-Nina nonsense. Also, Tracy should already have been suspicious of/weirded out by Paul's words and behavior, after everything she'd been through because of Luke. I tuned out after "I heard you" and how she dismissed it.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8

FINALLY, the half-pleather jacket is off. 

That scene with Sonny was the least acting-tic filled I've ever seen Billy Miller.

Someone hand Nelle an energy drink. I know Carly skulked around for months too when she first came on but I'm pretty sure the audience at least knew her identity fairly quickly. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'm not sure.

• Love 2

Tracy should already have been suspicious of/weirded out by Paul's words and behavior, after everything she'd been through because of Luke.

Misunderstood conversations are a soap staple. If one didn't (mis) understand what another was saying or trying to(not) say, there would be very little conflict or tension left.  Besides, Fluke was a year and a half ago.  Not to mention that it makes sense that she would think Paul did feel guilty. Plus...if she is thinking it's about Susan...assuming that is who Paul is "talking" to...she isn't wrong

I actually like it that she has mellowed over the years and doesn't automatically assume the worst of people. We have to remember, the characters don't hear and see what we hear and see. Thus far, pretty much nothing that has been in front of Tracy, has been something that would cause her to jump to the conclusion that Paul is a killer.  Yes, he "confessed", but  I think a lot of people in her situation would probably just assume he was blaming himself rather than confessing to a crime. I mean, how many times have we heard true life stories of criminals confessing to crimes and the police not taking it seriously? I think most of us don't want to believe that someone we know and at one point loved, could be capable of something so horrendous. So we make excuses for them, to avoid facing that reality.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

I actually didn't hate this episode. I did ffwd everything Sonny, Nelle, and Morgan though, so that likely helped.

I am deeply ashamed to admit this but I enjoyed the Nina/Julian scenes. I can't defend myself!

Nelle is SO BORING. I tried to watch the Nelle/Michael scenes but I nearly fell asleep. They desperately need to move this story along because it's tedious.

I still love Kiki/Dillon. Whatever, I don't care!

NLG is doing a good job with this story and it might be a story that could be good, but on this show, nah. It'll suck.

RiBu is doing a great job with this nonsensical story. I just wanna know why Paul is killing random old people for Susan already. Do we know if someone has been cast as Susan?

• Love 2

You know what, Lillybee? Your comments inadvertently perfectly describe what's wrong with GH. Because it took me a minute to think you were referring to Nell as coma daughter, and here I was at first thinking you could mean Susan-because if she ain't dead, she's probably comatose or incapacitated in some other way. But of course, Coma Nina is coma wife, and Nina being in Nell's orbit via Carly made me think the same thing...Nell could be Nina's kid. Just the fact that it could be more than one person in a coma, or having a kid in a coma...it's just hysterically bad writing. Coma wife could also be Finn's NotDead! wife Reiko, who was just mentioned by name (which is always bad), not to be confused with ME's other character's NotDeadWife, NotDeadNina, who was in a coma and was pregnant and that kid may or may not be Nell.

See what I mean? OY my head hurts. GH is now a parody, like "Soap". Without the helpful narration.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 7

I loved Soap. Loved it. Well, back in the day. Haven't seen it in years, and I do think it got pretty awful/boring/off the rails there at the end. But, that narrator. Such a lifesaver. GH needs one. I hear JVP is available......and just based on the two minutes of Dr Joe I saw, without his accent, he could do "voice like melted chocolate" quite well, if he wanted to.  He could also narrate GH as Ghost!Carlos(ala Desperate Housewives), that works, too.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3