Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
tobeannounced

Small Talk: How Not To Get Caught Dead With Dirty Underwear

3 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I'm not sure where you are, bubbls.  I admit, I was shocked to see it on NBC News, but I think it may be because several cops have been killed this year.  Two or three cops were killed in Colorado earlier this year as well.  From an Ohio point of view, yes, it's kind of shocking.  Westerville is a suburb of Columbus.  There are sections of Columbus where shootings are a frequent occurrence.  However, Westerville is normally not one of them.

Probably a Combination of factors then. I’ve been fairly distracted with personal stuff for several weeks. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure where the correct place to update on everyone’s (least) favorite repeat Dateline subject might be, so I’ll leave this here. I haven’t read the questions, but I certainly wish they’d make her answer them. 

http://via.fox2now.com/wpjnY

• Like 2

Anyone watching the three part mini-series, "Dirty John" on Bravo?   I just watched Part 1 online.  I might have been bored if I hadn't seen the Dateline episode about him, but because  I have and I know what's coming  --  I was skeered!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Anyone watching the three part mini-series, "Dirty John" on Bravo?   I just watched Part 1 online.  I might have been bored if I hadn't seen the Dateline episode about him, but because  I have and I know what's coming  --  I was skeered!

Hell yes, I'm watching!  ;-)

I'm also watching Escape at Dannemora on Showtime - the prison seamstress supervisor who helped those 2 felons escape.  I'm enjoying it, as well.

Darn, I wish I got Showtime!  That woman fascinated me, on one hand I felt sorry for her, a plain woman falling for the flattery of a handsome conman.  On the other hand, she cheated on  a nice husband who trusted her.  Not to mention the whole criminal aspect...

• Like 3

I mentioned in the episode thread that our local sheriff’s dept and detention center employees are being investigated. I’ll post several links... it’s about ready to blow. One inmate died, others were badly beaten. Sheriff claimed he didn’t know anything about what had happened, then one of the former employees posted emails showing he did know.

It’s like something out of a movie. Or a Dateline episode.

https://carolinapublicpress.org/27849/guard-fired-after-scrap-with-inmate-questions-handling-of-case-as-sbi-investigates/

https://carolinapublicpress.org/28376/da-wants-sbi-to-probe-treatment-of-chained-naked-inmate-at-nc-jail/

https://carolinapublicpress.org/28370/emails-about-naked-chained-inmate-appear-to-contradict-nc-sheriff/

https://carolinapublicpress.org/28383/key-staff-resigns-amid-widening-nc-probe-of-alleged-jail-inmate-abuse/

• Like 4

How horrible, the NC case is.  Sadly, it's a nationwide problem.  Over crowded prisons, mentally ill people locked up with criminals because there's no place else to put them, drugs everywhere plus inadequately trained guards add up to a recipe for disaster.

• Like 4

Drugs are a HUGE problem here. And the DAs office isn’t helping things, either. I went to court one day with a friend of mine, and I counted almost 200 cases that were continued, a lot of dismissals also. There are 8 murder cases still waiting to go to trial, one of them is more than 3 years old. I had to call police one day after something went missing from the front yard. The deputy who came to file a report looked like he was barely out of high school.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey Irlandesa!

The Adelson brother (Rob)'s story in Texas is very telling, in my opinion.

Her parents sound like they would totally help pay to have Dan murdered if they weren't above bullying their son for falling in love with a non-Jew.

I think they financed it and Charlie (the other son) put the people together to make it happen.  I think Wendi most likely knew about it after the fact and is protecting her family or knew about it before the fact and didn't stop it. 

The Adelsons are gross, evil people.

• Like 4

I blew through the podcast about the Dan Markel case in one afternoon.  One big gulp.  I feel so sorry for the Markels.

I also do not understand why Katie is not flipping on Charlie?  He is disgusting, and Wendy's mother?  Ugh!

Highly recommend this podcast!

The trial of the two guys is slated for June 2019...unless someone flips on someone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

The Adelsons are gross, evil people.

I think Wendy was in on it - ALL.  They are a reprehensible family.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I think Wendy was in on it - ALL.  They are a reprehensible family.

You think she knew about it beforehand?  I can buy that.  I'm not sure about her level of involvement, but I do think she's involved.  Her mother and brother are in it up to their necks, and I doubt the father is innocent.  I hope that karma smacks that family HARD.  Good thing that the one brother and his family cut all ties.  From the podcast, I think it's clear that he thinks his parents and siblings orchestrated it.

I hope Katie comes to her senses and rats all of them out.  If someone else doesn't come forward with something to implicate the Adelsons, they could get away with this, which is an utterly abhorrent thought.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

You think she knew about it beforehand?  I can buy that

Yes, I do.  I'll go further, and say I believe she was the driving force behind it all.  With more than eager and willing co-conspirators, I might add.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yes, I do.  I'll go further, and say I believe she was the driving force behind it all.  With more than eager and willing co-conspirators, I might add.

Now, here is where our path diverge, but only slightly.  I think her mother was the driving force behind it, but Wendi didn't object either.

There's some information from the podcast that makes me think that Mama drives the bus in that family and everyone goes along for the ride:

1)The Adelson parents bullied their other son when he fell in love with a non-Jew.  Son has cut all ties with his family.

2) Wendi once said that she wanted a small ceremony by the beach, but her wedding was a big lavish affair.  That sounds like a "mother move" to me.

3) Also at the wedding, Dan kept kosher, so did many of his friends, and he assumed the wedding would be.  It wasn't.  Again, a "mother move."  His parents were also paying for the wedding, but her parents could have messed up the food on purpose if they chose.

Plus, the Dateline episode said that Dan accused his mother-in-law of trashing him in front of his kids.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

Now, here is where our path diverge, but only slightly.  I think her mother was the driving force behind it, but Wendi didn't object either.

There's some information from the podcast that makes me think that Mama drives the bus in that family and everyone goes along for the ride:

1)The Adelson parents bullied their other son when he fell in love with a non-Jew.  Son has cut all ties with his family.

2) Wendi once said that she wanted a small ceremony by the beach, but her wedding was a big lavish affair.  That sounds like a "mother move" to me.

3) Also at the wedding, Dan kept kosher, so did many of his friends, and he assumed the wedding would be.  It wasn't.  Again, a "mother move."  His parents were also paying for the wedding, but her parents could have messed up the food on purpose if they chose.

Plus, the Dateline episode said that Dan accused his mother-in-law of trashing him in front of his kids.

I'll go with that.  I don't listen to podcasts, so am ill-informed.  But I did want to KILL, KILL, KILL the mother, so there's that.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

Wendi's smart so I think, at this point, she knows her brother and mother (maybe father) were involved but I am less convinced she was actively involved in the conspiracy before hand.  In all the tapes the podcast released, we heard Charlie vaguely implicate Katie and his mother and his mother briefly mentioned discussing this with her husband (Wendi's father) but I don't remember anyone talking about Wendi as if she knew.  And the undercover cop tried to rattle Charlie and his mother but they never tried to pull a similar sting on Wendi.  Maybe they Mirandized her when they first brought her in and couldn't pull the same sting but it was pretty telling. 

I guess I just wouldn't expect her to say that her family was Dan's biggest enemy and that she hoped no one did this for her--basically pointing at her family--if she knew they did it. 

I was watching The Voice last night.  Blake told one singer that he lit up the room.  I immediately thought the singer better start to look over his shoulder.  People that light up a room always seem to end up on Dateline as a victim of murder.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

I was at Crime Con a couple of weeks ago and got these stickers at the Dateline panel.  Andrea Canning and Lester Holt couldn’t make it but Keith, Josh, and Dennis were there along with one of the show’s producers.  

They talked about about how they choose and develop stories, what it’s like to interview killers versus victims families, and just the show in general. 

Good panel overall but the stickers really made appreciate the behind the scenes staff that help make the show -and stuff like this - happen.

885D2197-57DD-41A3-9515-12EE7138734D.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Josh liked something I tweeted---I feel like I'm famous now. 

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

YAY!! That happened to me once with a very famous chef who mentioned me. I could have died happy right then and there. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

On 7/19/2019 at 9:26 PM, car54 said:

Josh is awesome,  I'd love to ask him who tried to sell him the biggest line of BS on Dateline.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

On 7/19/2019 at 8:26 PM, car54 said:

On 7/19/2019 at 8:41 PM, cooksdelight said:

YAY!! That happened to me once with a very famous chef who mentioned me. I could have died happy right then and there. 🙂

Ken Jennings liked and responded to one of my tweets once and I felt like my life had been validated. So I know what ya'll are saying. I almost swooned right out of my chair. Sometimes the happiest things are so simple!

• Like 6

Natalie Morales was on with Jenna Bush to promote her new role with Dateline (she got poofed from Today when the Matt Lauer thing happened and then got poofed from Access Hollywood when Mario Lopez didn't want a co-host)

I can't tell if she will be narrating a whole episode like Keith and Josh and the others, or if she will be doing the opening and closing tags like Lester.

• Like 2

She did the whole episode last night, about the man who tried to poison his wife. She did a great job.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

She did the whole episode last night, about the man who tried to poison his wife. She did a great job. 

I didn't know who that was hosting last night, I thought it was the "regular" woman with a different hair style, except she looked so different. But hair can do that to a person!

I count on you people here to keep me straight.

I think they’ve changed the hosts’ makeup to reflect HD. Both Andrea and Keith were looking very smooth skinned the other night.