Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/28/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

That was stunning, he said if he becomes Commander in Chief he will go over there (where?) and kill as many of those bastard (who?) as he can before they get here (I guess the USA?).  I think he is trying to get attention a la Trump, but he sounded ridiculous.  And he seemed kind of rude to them as well.  Weird.

Holy crap

that was indeed stunning because I, too,  thought "WHERE ???? exactly?" 

I find it interesting that every single person---politician, entertainer, whatever----that preaches about God, scripture etc., also firmly believes that we should just dominate and kill everyone dead.  Guns and war.  Amazing, really.

Agreed, but I would add that they only want to kill everyone dead who has the unfortunate life position of being not exactly like them. ....and  just for good measure.... everyone who is brown.

And next will be everyone who is beige. And I say this as a paste-y pink-ish person.

• Love 11

Ya have to wonder about people who can not learn from the past. Lindsay Graham was all for the war in Iraq.... and after almost 10 years.... nothing improved.. but in his mind.... we need to do more of that.

Pretty gross actually.... and this war mongering clown wants access to nuclear weapons

• Love 12

BTW, I call BS on the idea that The View "blew up the internet" with their Monday special sale items...more likely that they didn't sell nearly as much as they needed in order to cover the $$$ for the spot, and are hoping another day will cover their costs.

• Love 12

Roger, will you marry me?

alright..... but what is your dowry??  I dont want to change the definition of marriage ya know.

Oh Roger, no re-definition needed.  But as a wannabe hippie, I find it difficult to resist a free-thinking man with a ponytail!

• Love 3

The mother/daughter team from Utah who were complaining about facing racism from other whites were weird..I loved Whoopie's expressions, she was as dumbfounded as I was watching them not being able to articulate their grievances properly about the school...I think they meant to say that people were treating them differently for appropriating other aspects of other cultures that they like into their own..There is nothing wrong with that...They just seemed to be surrounded by ignorant assholes in a small town, who may not understand why a white girl would want to lock her hair.  If she was here in New York , no one would care....I did not really understand their reasons for being on the show. The girl is allowed to keep her hair, attend school and practice her religion. So, what is the problem? "Racial profiling" of whites by other whites...I need someone on here to explain it slowly to me like I am Bitsy to understand....lol

I miss Joy, she elevates the show with her presence, even if her jokes are stale...She radiates happiness and contentment.. Unlike Whoopie, who seems to be a sourpuss and miserable...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

Whoopi... They found water on Mars.... can ya drink it??  Raven said it is salty. Whoopi but what kind of salt?? We know what salt is on Earth but what is salt like on Mars??

For your understanding Whoopi... Salt is a chemical compound.... it is the same chemical compound no matter where it is found in the universe.

*sigh*

Maybe she thinks they found Epsom Salts.

• Love 5
I don't know why he is sensitive to certain sounds, but The View is going to lose one viewer if they don't stop with that damn bell of theirs.

Only one of my dogs reacts to anything on TV...and it's seeing any animal--ANY animal, lifelike, cartoon, photograph, anything.  These are mostly in commercials.  She even recognizes the music now and rushes to the TV for her attack as soon as a tune starts.  She was especially ticked off about a commercial (a car?) set in Italy...when a Great Dane pup runs alongside the car--but she HATES them all...even penguins.  Good thing we watch mostly via DVR.

• Love 9

Did Graham say, "Go over there and kill as many of those bastards as we can?" What bastards exactly? It seemed unclear to me.

That was stunning, he said if he becomes Commander in Chief he will go over there (where?) and kill as many of those bastard (who?) as he can before they get here (I guess the USA?).  I think he is trying to get attention a la Trump, but he sounded ridiculous.  And he seemed kind of rude to them as well.  Weird.

Even more stunning to me was the co-hosts were silent after that - maybe they weren't listening although Candace's response was to nod her head.   

That whole "interview" was ridiculous and yet rude enough to be part of  this show.  Paula asking him point blank why doesn't he quit, doesn't he think he's hurting the Republican party cracked me up.  Hahahaha  Whoopi stepped over the question of cutting her own social security.  Shocker.  I did love Graham suggesting that this show go to Afghanistan, now that would be something.  Actually, I'd just like to see if Raven could find it on a map. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12

Did Graham say, "Go over there and kill as many of those bastards as we can?" What bastards exactly? It seemed unclear to me.

And as Cosmocrush pointed out, the hosts said nothing. Zero. No follow-up, yet many in the audience applauded. This country has gone mad!

• Love 10

The mother/daughter team from Utah who were complaining about facing racism from other whites were weird..I loved Whoopie's expressions, she was as dumbfounded as I was watching them not being able to articulate their grievances properly about the school...I think they meant to say that people were treating them differently for appropriating other aspects of other cultures that they like into their own..There is nothing wrong with that...They just seemed to be surrounded by ignorant assholes in a small town, who may not understand why a white girl would want to lock her hair.  If she was here in New York , no one would care....I did not really understand their reasons for being on the show. The girl is allowed to keep her hair, attend school and practice her religion. So, what is the problem? "Racial profiling" of whites by other whites...I need someone on here to explain it slowly to me like I am Bitsy to understand....lol

I miss Joy, she elevates the show with her presence, even if her jokes are stale...She radiates happiness and contentment.. Unlike Whoopie, who seems to be a sourpuss and miserable...

This is another story we should probably research since the Show did not....... see what all the facts are.

This is what it sounded like to me.

The school didnt like her look and they changed the rules. Then they threatened her if she did not comply with the new rules.  Once the mother started legal proceedings the school changed their public stance... but they did not change the rules back. Which means their promise that she will not be in trouble means nothing if the rules arent changed.

They might have gone to a National TV show with this issue too soon... but I can see why they are making an issue with it.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 2

Whoopie is not going to give up her social security benefits, despite not ever needing it in this life..Oprah would do it, but not the entitled Whoopie Goldberg..

Omigosh, that was awkward. "Whoopi, you wouldn't mind paying a little more to help the poor?" <crickets>
  • Love 10

I watched today's show up until Lindsey Graham & have come to the conclusion that I couldn't dislike Michelle any more.  Also, she has become a Whoopette -- every time she speaks, she looks at The Whoopster for approval.  The Whoopster was so damn smug today, I could have smacked her!!  Just sayin'.

I'm with Maggie!!  Sherri on my TV & I change the channel.

• Love 5

Graham has used that kill the bastards now line before and it got him some press so he figures he will use it again I guess. On daytime TV - Lurline get me the smelling salts. I'm getting the vapors.

The girl with the dreads... goes to a charter academy which is on the vanguard of systematic repression of girl students. We are seeing these examples everywhere of clothing violations, hair violations, etc etc. I have a low opinion of these pseudo private schools run on our tax dollars

A few posts ago, I mentioned how EH and CCB style conservatives base gut feelings on zero facts and instead totally on a skewed brand of religion. I don't expect that we will get much intellectual content or context as electioneering heata up.

• Love 10

PS Although Graham is a 'confirmed bachelor' and never married, he is the only candidate with real military experience. A retired colonel.

That's all the more reason he shouldn't be spouting off lines like we should go over and kill all the bastards before they come over here. I admit that he has served and is not a chicken hawk like so many of his cronies, but he should have more sense that to say such inflammatory words. maryis1,  you are correct that he's doing it to get attention. He's desperate to get the press to pay him any mind. I so wish that Joy had been there to give some resistance to that statement!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 5

Graham has used that kill the bastards now line before and it got him some press so he figures he will use it again I guess. On daytime TV - Lurline get me the smelling salts. I'm getting the vapors.

Ha!  If the goal was to get attention he picked the wrong show.  The only co-host who appeared to be even remotely listening was Candace who was nodding in a way reminiscent of Bitsy.   Everyone else was looking at their cards and/or waiting until they had the chance to talk.  No one even asked, "What bastards?" LOL 

• Love 8
I admit that he has served and is not a chicken hawk like so many of his cronies,

The term "chicken hawk" is interesting (and somewhat enjoyable) here because the definition in the gay community has nothing to do with military service.

• Love 6

catching up, watching yesterday's show late -  When talking about the basketball player using a flip-phone, Raven asks "where would you BUY a flip-phone?"  sounding puzzled, like she didn't understand that it wasn't a new trend, to go out and BUY one.  It's just about not constantly buying the newest and latest thing to keep up, when the old one works fine.  some people use phones as PHONES.

And when talking about Matt Damon, and him talking about actors not discussing their sexuality - Whoopi's experience is not the same as a male actor.  People do get upset when a male actor who is gay plays a straight leading man. Once a male actor is out of the closet, it is harder to get leading roles.  She can say SHE doesn't feel that way, or have that experience, but it is the reality for male actors.   Damon was not saying gay actors should  stay closeted, just saying that people serious about acting would be wise to keep their personal lives private.

Raven saying "we broke the internet"  irritated me no end.   Reminded me of Sherri, and her obsession with videos  "going viral".

The mom of the dreadlocks girl doesn't know what she's talking about.   She needs to learn more about terms like "racial profiling"  and "segregation"  before she talks to the media.   Or maybe just deal with the school and get the issue settled.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

The term "chicken hawk" is interesting (and somewhat enjoyable) here because the definition in the gay community has nothing to do with military service.

Yikes, I was unaware of that term in the gay community. I just meant the term to refer to people who are eager to go to war, but they've never served in the armed forces or avoided doing so with their many draft deferments (Cheney!). Even though Graham served as a lawyer, at least he should know what war is really like and not throw around inflammatory words. Thanks, Former Nun, for educating me. I won't use that term again for this particular Senator!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 3

Raven saying "we broke the internet"  irritated me no end.   Reminded me of Sherri, and her obsession with videos  "going viral".

Especially when it was apparently the opposite - they still had leftover stuff from Monday's big garage sale to unload.  Heh.   Same with her announcement that the show would continue to live stream after it ended.  I'm guessing this is some sort of aftershow in the tradition of Watch What Happens Live or Bill Maher.  Did anyone here tune in   Hahhaahaha, who would watch this stuff longer?   

• Love 2

Same with her announcement that the show would continue to live stream after it ended.  I'm guessing this is some sort of aftershow in the tradition of Watch What Happens Live or Bill Maher.

Bitsy's new domain, Fox & Friends, does this too.  Can't have leBits one-uppin' them, just sayin'.

• Love 4

Have you guys noticed how the ladies are subtly shutting out Candace out, they are not trying to create another Bitsy..She was chomping at the bit to get in the Planned parenthood discussion about that woman's salary. She also tried to make "sparks" with Whoopie,  about her referring to Kim Davis as a bitch..Whoopie is not having it or giving her and her cronies at Fox, what they want....That is what Meredith used to do to Bitsy. Unfortunately, Rosie played into their hands and gave Elizabeth the platform and relevancy to spew her hateful rhetoric....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Ooh, CCB's getting raped on Twitter.

Whoopi's so full of shit. She says people who bash her on social media weren't raised right. What about your finger-pointing and the contempt you have for your audience, huh?

Redeem yourself with Santorum, dammit.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 5

Go Raven! I loved her today and her contempt for Rick Santorium was palpable..He was not expecting Whoopie and Raven to confront him on his prejudices...I even loved Michelle dig about his low percentage in the polls...lol....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Have you guys noticed how the ladies are subtly shutting out Candace out, they are not trying to create another Bitsy..She was chomping at the bit to get in the Planned parenthood discussion about that woman's salary. She also tried to make "sparks" with Whoopie,  about her referring to Kim Davis as a bitch..Whoopie is not having it or giving her and her cronies at Fox, what they want....That is what Meredith used to do to Bitsy. Unfortunately, Rosie played into their hands and gave Elizabeth the platform and relevancy to spew her hateful rhetoric....

I always felt the reason Rosie took issue with Elisabeth that fateful day of the split screen was she thought her and Elisabeth were friends and for EH to not come to her defense hurt her personally. 

Now as far as CCB goes she isn't going to make sparks unless she has someone to argue with.  She can spout off whatever nonsense she wants but unless someone engages in a debate with her she is just going to sound like someone spouting nonsense.  I would bet ABC purposely had Joy not be there this week to let CCB get her footing.  The suits probably thought they were doing her a favor by letting her be able to speak without someone challenging her but IMO all it's accomplished is letting her speak without anyone paying any attention to her. 

• Love 3

Couple things about today - Re: Crazy court lady meeting with the pope. There is the separation of church and state in this country which has been largely ignored in the past week and that really bugs me, and, 2). Whoopsie - it doesn't matter if you like Rick Santorum, not too many people do; it doesn't matter if you disagree with him or are going to vote for him. He is a presidential candidate and I doubt you're buddies, so. The spitting out of "Rick" or even calling him by the first name is really rude.

• Love 6

I always felt the reason Rosie took issue with Elisabeth that fateful day of the split screen was she thought her and Elisabeth were friends and for EH to not come to her defense hurt her personally. 

Now as far as CCB goes she isn't going to make sparks unless she has someone to argue with.  She can spout off whatever nonsense she wants but unless someone engages in a debate with her she is just going to sound like someone spouting nonsense.  I would bet ABC purposely had Joy not be there this week to let CCB get her footing.  The suits probably thought they were doing her a favor by letting her be able to speak without someone challenging her but IMO all it's accomplished is letting her speak without anyone paying any attention to her. 

I always felt that Rosie  should have confronted Elizabeth about that in private and not live on the view...She played into their hands and Bill Geddie set her up  with that split screen...Rosie was very emotional and they used that against her....She made Elizabeth relevant after that fateful day...

• Love 6

Whoopi's so full of shit. She says people who bash her on social media weren't raised right. What about your finger-pointing and the contempt you have for your audience, huh?

I think Whoopi "wasn't raised right!!!"

Seriously, I despise that expression. Trying to shame parents because somebody decided to be an asshole. For example, I really doubt the Hasselbeck parents are responsible for the crazy that is Elisabeth. Parents can do their best and their child can still choose to be an asshole. That's a little thing we call free will.

• Love 8

I didn't understand the mom and girl with the hair issue either. It sounded like a religious thing,  but I should have listened better. 

The whole thing with the Kentucky clerk chick and the Pope.... I'm not even sure what to say here.  I did scream, "SHUT UP, CCB!" But I do that a lot.

• Love 2

Seriously, I despise that expression. Trying to shame parents because somebody decided to be an asshole. For example, I really doubt the Hasselbeck parents are responsible for the crazy that is Elisabeth. Parents can do their best and their child can still choose to be an asshole. That's a little thing we call free will.

If I'm not mistaken Elisabeth herself said her parents were liberals so yes I agree thegreenknight they shouldn't be responsible for how their daughter turned out.

• Love 5

Whoopsie - it doesn't matter if you like Rick Santorum, not too many people do; it doesn't matter if you disagree with him or are going to vote for him. He is a presidential candidate and I doubt you're buddies, so. The spitting out of "Rick" or even calling him by the first name is really rude.

Maybe she wasn't raised right.
  • Love 6