Type keyword(s) to search

Rob: The (Mostly) Invisible Man

• Start Topic

The problem is not the lack of personality but the lack of work ethic and persistence. If he had put as much effort into his sock line as Kylie has into her lip kits (equally unnecessary products in oversaturated markets, IMO), he could have achieved some success. If he's going to be erratic, keep deleting his social media profiles, not show up to scheduled events, etc., nobody is going to want to work with him. Say what you will about his sisters and Scott, but they all hustle. Rob doesn't.

• Love 6

I take back what I said about Rob carving out a c list career making club appearances after seeing those recent photos.  He got the short end of looks stick.   Poor slob has jowls, a potato nose, and a slow expression.   It's like he got all his fathers homely genes and then some, and none of Kris's beauty, much like Khloe.   But Khloe overcame her homeliness and was able to make money off her name and her older sisters looks and noteriety.   

Damn kid, just keep collecting your allowance and thank Jesus every day you were born into a family that will support your lazy ass with the minimum of effort on your part.    All you have to do is sit back, make no effort, guilt your family, and make easy money off their asses.    

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I take back what I said about Rob carving out a c list career making club appearances after seeing those recent photos.  He got the short end of looks stick.   Poor slob has jowls, a potato nose, and a slow expression.   It's like he got all his fathers homely genes and then some, and none of Kris's beauty, much like Khloe.   But Khloe overcame her homeliness and was able to make money off her name and her older sisters looks and noteriety.   

Damn kid, just keep collecting your allowance and thank Jesus every day you were born into a family that will support your lazy ass with the minimum of effort on your part.    All you have to do is sit back, make no effort, guilt your family, and make easy money off their asses.    

I don't think Rob is a bad looking man. The extra weight doesn't suit his face (kind of blurs his features together), but slimmer he is pleasant looking (at least to me). He always had a much nicer smile than Scott did. He 100% could've followed Scott's plan if he had put in a tiny bit of effort. I think it's possible to suffer from mental health issues (which I think he does) and have the character flaw of laziness. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Poor slob has jowls, a potato nose, and a slow expression.   It's like he got all his fathers homely genes and then some, and none of Kris's beauty, much like Khloe.   But Khloe overcame her homeliness and was able to make money off her name and her older sisters looks and noteriety.   

Who knows if he looks like Kris or not, like all the women in this family, she's had enough plastic surgery not to look like her either. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Kris has had a lot of surgery, but she started out with beautiful skin, bone structure, and eyes.   Other than maintenance, I'm at a loss as to why she would change anything on her face. 

I think she changed her face to try and look like Kim. 

4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Rob has the same potato nose that Khloe has. But she had work done and is thinner than she's ever been, so it's less noticeable . He needs to lose the pubic hair on his face, dump that stupid ball cap that makes his head look like a pumpkin and for godsake take a shower. Wearing something other than black wrinkled shirts and sweatpants and those slides with socks would help too.

He also has to stop with the face rubbing, inappropriate giggling and grinning, the fake ghetto accent ("she put me out da house"), and look people in the eye when they talk. 

I think this baby is going to be the first of a couple of kids he pops out with random women over the next years. Chyna isn't going to be around long and once word is out that those child support checks are nice and fat and arrive like clockwork, there will be plenty more like her to get Rob out of his shell, long enough to get knocked up.

Kim and Kris will be mortified.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it's possible to suffer from mental health issues (which I think he does) and have the character flaw of laziness. 

Absolutely. Many people who suffer from mental illness manage to lead productive lives. Mental illness makes things harder, but it's not an excuse to completely give up.

• Love 5

If you look at old episodes or when Rob was on Dancing With the Stars he looked SO different. He actually looked kind of handsome especially when they put him in classy suits on DWTS. Some people can pull off a weight gain but Rob can't, plus he's dressing like a huge slob which doesn't help. 

There are pics of pre-surgery/pre Kardashian Kris floating around.  She looked a lot like Kendall before she started going under the knife.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

That hasn't stopped Kimmy.

But she has a giant fake ass & is willing to pose full frontal naked to make up for it. Rob isn't even comfortable with his body fully clothed.

• Love 3

Rob was adorable on DWTS, and I remember his season (one of the last ones I watched).  I'm pretty sure the judges commented that his personality and smile helped to get him really far in the competition.  It's too bad that he couldn't take the confidence boost he got from that show and somehow parlay it into something else he enjoyed doing.  I don't think he was ever cut out for the famewhore lifestyle like his sisters.  Maybe he tried to convince himself that he could deal with the cameras in his face, but I don't know that he ever looked comfortable on KUWTK - at least, not like his mom and sisters are.

I do wish he'd lose the current all-black wardrobe and baseball hat, but in the state of mind he's in, he probably doesn't think he'd look good in anything else.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't think he was ever cut out for the famewhore lifestyle like his sisters.

But he also wasted several opportunities to get a more business-oriented job. IIRC, both Kris and Scott arranged meetings for him on past seasons, which he either blew off or handled unprofessionally. I'm sure that in the nepotistic circles his family travels in, even a minimum amount of effort and dependability would have gotten him a cushy job, but he couldn't even be bothered to do that little.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

I think he maybe saw entry level salaries and compared it to what his sisters were earning and felt entitled to the latter. He didn't want to put in grunt work for pennies (at least compared to the lifestyle he was accustomed to). 

I agree, & I can't really blame him. If everyone else in my family was making millions doing nothing that required actual talent, & I had gone to college & couldn't earn anything close to what they were getting, I would start wondering "why not me?" Face it, the only reason Rob isn't raking it in like his sisters is because he's male.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

I think he maybe saw entry level salaries and compared it to what his sisters were earning and felt entitled to the latter. He didn't want to put in grunt work for pennies (at least compared to the lifestyle he was accustomed to). 

For sure, that's a huge part of what messed him up in recent years. When the show started, when the family was still living in the (relatively) modest house and his mom and older sisters were running their stores, Rob was going to college, living independently in an apartment, talking about what a role model his dad was to him, and contemplating law school. He seemed perfectly content to continue leading that upper middle class life. But then the girls' earnings really blew up with product endorsements, appearances, and social media, and the "normal" life was no longer enough for him in comparison. Which is really sad, because that kind of life would still have been a lot more privileged than most people could hope for, and he just threw it all away.

• Love 7

The thing is, given his connections, family, and USC network, Rob would have been able to leverage whatever entry level job he had to a higher paying one, which would have been comparable, if not equivalent, to the sisters. He didn't have the patience to prove his credentials or do any initial bitch work. At this point, I am guessing his behavior alone has closed many doors for him. 

I understand where he's coming from because I come from a family of extreme overachievers (ivy league schools, careers at multinational corporations), and work in public interest law. Despite being a lawyer, I am the family "slacker"  (not really, I just mostly have different priorities) and they look somewhat askance at my choices. But I love my job, and a different pathway wouldn't have worked for me. Rob doesn't seem to have passion, and only seems to be motivated by $$$$, bling, and partying-- I don't necessarily think that's entirely his fault because he wasn't raised to value anything else. I think it's really hard to find your way in the world when you both: 1) know you'll never be on the street; and 2) don't have a passion for something which makes you money, as opposed to only the RESULTS of having money. He wanted all the trappings/the appearance of wealth and fame without busting his butt to make the money. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 8

You may have taken a different path from your family but my guess is that while they may not understand your choice, they support you and are proud of your accomplishments. 

I think Rob missed the times of "Kimberlys Kupcakes" and other attempts to make some success. He was younger and involved in school and his sports.  I also think Kris assumed he'd become a lawyer and Sr's contacts (Robert Shapiro, etc) would set him up as an associate and then a partner.  I'd love to know Rob's GPA, I suspect he wasn't exactly head of the class. I don't get the impression any of the kids are all that bright. Kim is business smart as is Kris but Khloe and the younger girls, not so much. Kourtney I do think has some smarts. I was shocked she remembered her college Spanish so well. 

Rob had three strikes against him and the bad luck to have some kind of depression/ or mental health issue. 

Just watching him squirm and rub his face and stammer his way thru the simplest conversation makes me feel sad for him. And angry at his mother and sisters. Like Scott said it's bigger than an animated emoji. Much bigger. 

• Love 8

OK, I decided to see if I could find Rob's GPA, (this is your fault @iwasish) & I ran across this site. The ones that made me go hmm are 4, 16, 20, 26 (really?), 35, & 37 (heh)

Didn't find Rob's GPA, but I did find this. What a moron.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GaT said:

OK, I decided to see if I could find Rob's GPA, (this is your fault @iwasish) & I ran across this site. The ones that made me go hmm are 4, 16, 20, 26 (really?), 35, & 37 (heh)

Didn't find Rob's GPA, but I did find this. What a moron.

Are they even sure he graduated College?

Clearly he had issues back in 2012. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, chocolatine said:

The problem is not the lack of personality but the lack of work ethic and persistence. If he had put as much effort into his sock line as Kylie has into her lip kits (equally unnecessary products in oversaturated markets, IMO), he could have achieved some success. If he's going to be erratic, keep deleting his social media profiles, not show up to scheduled events, etc., nobody is going to want to work with him. Say what you will about his sisters and Scott, but they all hustle. Rob doesn't.

I'm not sure how much good it would do Rob to hustle like Kim. He's a male, so there's no way he can have the impact (or the income) Kim and the others have with their sexy pictures and T&A-parading pap walks. He would have to "brand" himself as the man-about-town, jet setter type, and promote luxury products like exotic cars and high end watches. (Lord knows his family buys/leases enough luxury products.) But that would be an uphill climb for a man who dresses like a slob. He always looks like he just rolled out of bed and grabbed the nearest T-shirt, shorts, socks and baseball cap from a pile on the floor. I don't know how he even generated the effort to go get tattoos.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

I'm not sure how much good it would do Rob to hustle like Kim. He's a male, so there's no way he can have the impact (or the income) Kim and the others have with their sexy pictures and T&A-parading pap walks. He would have to "brand" himself as the man-about-town, jet setter type, and promote luxury products like exotic cars and high end watches. (Lord knows his family buys/leases enough luxury products.) But that would be an uphill climb for a man who dresses like a slob. He always looks like he just rolled out of bed and grabbed the nearest T-shirt, shorts, socks and baseball cap from a pile on the floor. I don't know how he even generated the effort to go get tattoos.

By "hustle" I mean put in a consistent effort. Even though we make fun of the sisters' photoshoots, Instagram shills, appearances, etc., they treat that stuff like it's their job. Rob doesn't need to do what his sisters or Scott do, but he hasn't put any consistent effort into any other career paths either. He has no internal motivation, and thanks to Kris and Khloe's coddling, he also has no external motivation either.

• Love 7

they treat that stuff like it's their job.

It is their job. Show up, spend three hours in makeup, strip down, make sexy faces and go home. They do travel a lot (first class) and take a lot of "meetings" to discuss deals and give their opinions on products and approve packaging etc. They have had at least 3 or 4 luxury vacations this year alone and have assistants/nannies and hangers-on to do all the daily errands the rest of us have to do. It's a busy life, but its not hard work. (maybe having to deal with Kanye, and Kris is though).  

Rob ruined any chances of a modeling career with those huge tattoos of his girlfriend's name and of his father.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

It is their job. Show up, spend three hours in makeup, strip down, make sexy faces and go home. They do travel a lot (first class) and take a lot of "meetings" to discuss deals and give their opinions on products and approve packaging etc. They have had at least 3 or 4 luxury vacations this year alone and have assistants/nannies and hangers-on to do all the daily errands the rest of us have to do. It's a busy life, but its not hard work. (maybe having to deal with Kanye, and Kris is though).  

I wouldn’t want to deal with either Kris or Kanye in my worst nightmare, but keeping it real here, Kris is the one who had the original business savvy and willingness to sell her soul and the Kardashian name to the devil in order to promote her daughter’s sex tape and launch this multi-million dollar family empire. Without her, the rest of them would be nowhere and that goes double for most of their boyfriends/girlfriends/baby mamas and baby daddies. As for Kanye, I believe that Kim (and her family) would have faded from sight if she had stayed married to dull-as-dishwater Kris Humphries instead of linking up with nut job Kanye who, despite his crazy rants and horrid fashions, helps keep Kim and crew in the headlines. Even Kendall with her modeling career seems to lack any kind of personality, in my opinion, anyway. Kim is too dimwitted and vain to realize that Kanye is putting her out there in her near-nudity like any “working girl” and her “manager”, but on the other hand, which one of the Kardashian/Jenner crew and their hangers-on, including Rob, have had the integrity to walk away from this circus instead of continuing to feed off the lucrative Kardashian teat?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Does anyone know who this ex girlfriend was that totally ruined Rob's life?  How do you let someone cheat on you with that many people unless they never got the memo there was a committed relationship. 

Allegedly it was Rita Ora. Rob's story is that they were dating and she wanted to keep the relationship a secret from the public, then she dumped him. I did hear that he posted and then deleted (I sense a theme here) that she "allowed him to get her pregnant" and then dumped him after cheating on him with hundreds of guys. I have no idea if there was ever a baby or not. Maybe he thinks she was pregnant.. hence this mysterious "son" he talks about or its just his rantings. He doesn't seem to deal with break ups very well. He stalked Adrienne with hundreds of texts and phone calls. Since both he and Chyna seem kind of unstable, the breakup should be interesting. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, iwasish said:

Allegedly it was Rita Ora. Rob's story is that they were dating and she wanted to keep the relationship a secret from the public, then she dumped him. I did hear that he posted and then deleted (I sense a theme here) that she "allowed him to get her pregnant" and then dumped him after cheating on him with hundreds of guys. I have no idea if there was ever a baby or not. Maybe he thinks she was pregnant.. hence this mysterious "son" he talks about or its just his rantings. He doesn't seem to deal with break ups very well. He stalked Adrienne with hundreds of texts and phone calls. Since both he and Chyna seem kind of unstable, the breakup should be interesting. 

Maybe he and Rita were together, but she did cheat and ended things because she didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. Sucky but not life ruining. 

A lot of men are hypocrites though, they can fuck around on their wives all damn day everyday but if a girlfriend cheats (and ends the relationship) he proclaims her the worst woman ALIVE. Rita was probably sick of his BS and entitlement. 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, carolinagirl81 said:

This went down last night, all i can say is damn i hope that wasn't her real number. That was pretty childish of Rob.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK2WYvcgrdA/

Jezebel is reporting the number is now disconnected, so maybe it was.  Why do I think this was all a misunderstanding, like they didn't invite Chyna because they wanted to surprise her or something.  I just don't think the K's would be that awful not to invite the woman who is currently carrying the baby.

9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

TMZ is saying they were having separate showers, but Rob didn't get the memo.

Also he never showed up, that makes a fun shower when the intended parent isn't there. 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/27/rob-kardashian-leaks-kylie-jenner-phone-number-baby-shower/

TMZ is also saying that Rob and Chyna broke up a while ago (ergo the separate showers) and were barely speaking even before the premiere.  So, what in the hell are we watching, then?  Did they break up for real back when Rob wiped his Instagram in June?  Did these two fake the whole rest of the show?  I don't think this news is trumped up just to boost sagging ratings, because now that we know they break up, why bother watching?

40 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

TMZ is also saying that Rob and Chyna broke up a while ago (ergo the separate showers) and were barely speaking even before the premiere.  So, what in the hell are we watching, then?  Did they break up for real back when Rob wiped his Instagram in June?  Did these two fake the whole rest of the show?  I don't think this news is trumped up just to boost sagging ratings, because now that we know they break up, why bother watching?

Since they fake pretty much everything on KUWTK, faking this show seems like business as usual.

Who throws a baby shower without inviting the mother? Seriously, that is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Even if they aren't speaking, you still invite her, let her decide whether to come or not. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Since they fake pretty much everything on KUWTK, faking this show seems like business as usual.

Who throws a baby shower without inviting the mother? Seriously, that is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Even if they aren't speaking, you still invite her, let her decide whether to come or not. 

E! is now saying that Chyna's shower is being thrown by her friends.  I guess the K's (including Rob) weren't invited to that one so instead they are throwing Rob a "DILF" shower.  Because they are trash.  And he can't attend (won't - he doesn't have anywhere else to be) and wanted Chyna to attend in his place.  The K's said no, so Rob scolded them on twitter and put out Kylie's number. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

TMZ is saying they were having separate showers, but Rob didn't get the memo.

Also he never showed up, that makes a fun shower when the intended parent isn't there. 

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/27/rob-kardashian-leaks-kylie-jenner-phone-number-baby-shower/

So the Kardashians hosted a baby shower for Rob and Chyna and neither of them were in attendance?!

And if this is even remotely true, I almost feel a modicum of sympathy for Rob's sisters.  The right thing to do is to throw a baby shower for your brother's girlfriend.  If Rob and BC break up every other day, are they supposed to cancel the shower?  Only to schedule it again when the couple isn't fighting?  Only to cancel it when they fight again?  Screw that.  I am picking a date, having the damn shower, and if neither of them show up, I am eating the food, eating the cake, and loading the gifts into a van and dropping them off in someone's yard.  Ridiculous.

At the same time, for Chyna's friends to throw a shower and not invite the K's is not that strange.  To not invite ROB?  Is strange.

Rob is a DILF?  And this is coming from his SISTERS?  Um...I don't know how to process that.  Nor do I want to.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So the Kardashians hosted a baby shower for Rob and Chyna and neither of them were in attendance?!

And if this is even remotely true, I almost feel a modicum of sympathy for Rob's sisters.  The right thing to do is to throw a baby shower for your brother's girlfriend.  If Rob and BC break up every other day, are they supposed to cancel the shower?  Only to schedule it again when the couple isn't fighting?  Only to cancel it when they fight again?  Screw that.  I am picking a date, having the damn shower, and if neither of them show up, I am eating the food, eating the cake, and loading the gifts into a van and dropping them off in someone's yard.  Ridiculous.

At the same time, for Chyna's friends to throw a shower and not invite the K's is not that strange.  To not invite ROB?  Is strange.

Rob is a DILF?  And this is coming from his SISTERS?  Um...I don't know how to process that.  Nor do I want to.

Yeah, this story still doesn't make much sense, but I could see Rob's family hosting a shower just to have an excuse to throw a party (and have something to film for next season of KUWTK).  And maybe Rob didn't want to be on camera again.

Funny how quiet the K clan has been since Rob's explosion.  Maybe they are spinning their side through TMZ and E!Online, but I'd bet they did NOT want the news out there that Rob & Chyna are over, with 3 episodes left to air.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This could be the crux of the problem. Inappropriate boundaries.   

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Yeah, this story still doesn't make much sense, but I could see Rob's family hosting a shower just to have an excuse to throw a party (and have something to film for next season of KUWTK).  And maybe Rob didn't want to be on camera again.

Come on.. Kris needs to have memories!! Wonderful memories!! You can't have wonderful memories unless you throw an over the top, expensive party, with it all on camera to catch all the awkward and inappropriate moments which will be played out on TV for the world to watch in envy.

I wonder if Rob's visitation with his child will consist of the two of them locked in a room with little to any outside contact. 

• Love 3

My god this poor baby. 

No was do I believe this breakup news was purposely leaked. There are actually some pissed off people now. TMZ said they just briefly had dinner the night before the show premiere so that explains the 'date night' pic they posted on Instagram.

Normally I don't trust E! when it comes to reporting anything about the Kardashians, and their article reeks of Kris-planting.  But having said that, I find it hard to believe the family would throw a shower for Rob and intentionally not invite BC.  I don't think they're that stupid - it's not like Rob hasn't blown up before.

DILF? I actually had to look it up, and if that's what they were planning, it's just sick.  This is their brother.  These are 30 and 40 year old women, not some high school kids.  And because they do nothing without consulting Kris, she had to be in on it.  So, she's just as sick as they are.   Clearly she raised them without boundaries - they have no sense of what is proper, tasteful or right.  Must have been some screwed up things going on in that house when they were kids.

As for Rob - it's also clear (if it wasn't prior to this) that he has some serious problems.  There is no way he should be on a "reality" show.  Is anyone getting him the professional help he so obviously needs?  I don't think it is going to end well for him.  I really don't.

I won't even get into that poor, poor baby they are having.  I don't know anything about BC except what I have seen on one episode of their show and the times she has been on KUWTK.   But I hope that at least she can offer some stability because that baby sure isn't going to get it from Daddy and his side of the family.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Normally I don't trust E! when it comes to reporting anything about the Kardashians, and their article reeks of Kris-planting.  But having said that, I find it hard to believe the family would throw a shower for Rob and intentionally not invite BC.  I don't think they're that stupid - it's not like Rob hasn't blown up before.

DILF? I actually had to look it up, and if that's what they were planning, it's just sick.  This is their brother.  These are 30 and 40 year old women, not some high school kids.  And because they do nothing without consulting Kris, she had to be in on it.  So, she's just as sick as they are.   Clearly she raised them without boundaries - they have no sense of what is proper, tasteful or right.  Must have been some screwed up things going on in that house when they were kids.

As for Rob - it's also clear (if it wasn't prior to this) that he has some serious problems.  There is no way he should be on a "reality" show.  Is anyone getting him the professional help he so obviously needs?  I don't think it is going to end well for him.  I really don't.

I won't even get into that poor, poor baby they are having.  I don't know anything about BC except what I have seen on one episode of their show and the times she has been on KUWTK.   But I hope that at least she can offer some stability because that baby sure isn't going to get it from Daddy and his side of the family.

Everyone in this family has to earn their keep. If Rob has to be the family nut case in order to do his part, so be it. After all,  Kim bought them all their careers and she won't tolerate slackers. No one gets paid to loaf around, so chop chop, get to work, mental health and babies be damned.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Are baby showers for dads a real thing now, or is it just a Kardashian construct? I've never heard of such a thing before.

I've heard that the newer generation is,  so that the dads don't feel left out. 

Years ago,  the womenfolk attended the showers and the men gathered together at one location to  "babysit" their offspring. The wives oohed and aahed over the cute stuff and then made a "plate"  of leftovers to bring home as a reward for hubby. 

I'm sure the Kardashian DILF shower had expensive goody bags. a photo booth (cause everyone wants a selfie with Kim)  and excellent food. Kris gave a teary speech about her only son and told them how proud his dead dad would be of him and how he should try and be half the daddy his dead dad was. Then they all cried and hugged.

• Love 9

E! is saying Rob wasn't going to the shower & was sending Chyna instead, but Kim said no. Then why didn't he post her number? Why go after Kylie?

According to a source, Rob couldn't make it to the "DILF" party planned in his honor and that's where the bickering began. "Rob couldn't attend, so Chyna was going to attend and Kim [Kardashian] said if Rob didn't go, then Chyna couldn't go. It sounds like that's what caused the argument."

http://www.eonline.com/news/797963/why-rob-kardashian-and-kylie-jenner-are-at-odds-a-history-of-their-bumpy-family-drama

People says Rob&Chyna are still together, but fighting.

http://www.people.com/article/rob-kardashian-blac-chyna-still-together-not-good-place

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2