Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Wrestling with Adoption

• Start Topic

Please fill me in.  I remember that at some point in the distant past Meri had been catfished by a woman?  But this all sounds like something else.  What the heck is going on?  Also, if she did have a boyfriend, OK yeah, I get it.  It's the "wrong" thing to do, but so is sharing your husband with other women.  Human emotional needs cannot be suppressed indefinitely.  

Even though this person turned out to be a fraud, what this incident shows is that Meri is ready to move on to someone new. She brought Robyn into the marriage. After she saddled Janelle and Christine with this Robyn problem, she will leave the marriage and the other two will continue to be stuck with this mess that Meri created. I really don't like Meri.

The other 2 don't need to remain there.  They willingly so do.

• Love 1

Latest catfish details. http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/09/25/sisterwives-meri-brown-caught-cheating-on-kody-brown-with-catfish-lover/

Honestly, this whole catfish thing makes me actually feel empathy for Meri. This woman Jackie went to extreme depths to hook Meri, including paying a man to act as "Sam" on the phone.

The voicemails are from March/April so Meri was already divorced.

The notebook pages from class are the saddest. Meri reminds me of a teenager.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 6

Is it possible the "affair" was going on the summer prior to the September divorce, but it was private.   Robyn discovered the "affair" and la di da there is a divorce and legal marriage to Robyn.    Adoption excuse was just a cover up.    Six months later (March) Meri takes the "affair" public, but later finds out it was a catfish all along.  :(   I would even suspect of Robyn and Kendra of orchestrating the catfish snare that Meri fell into.   IMO, Robyn is mean like that. 

• Love 2

thank you CofCinci for the links.  I didn't listen to the phone messages, won't until I have some privacy later.  But the text was enough.  I feel so sorry for Meri.  there is no way she would have been such an easy mark if she had a FULL TIME HUSBAND.  Top that off with his refusal to proceed with fertility treatments!!!  She was emotionally destroyed by all of this.  She was crazy for being in a polygamous situation in the first place, but still....she didn't deserve this.  I hope she moves far far away and finds a real life man to love her.  

• Love 4

If this was a catfish situation, she never really saw this man or had any physical contact with him/her whoever.  Don't think that matters, she is obviously not in love with Kody.  Nothing from Kody or the other wives on this situation?  He didn't ask her to leave?  The whole thing is odd.

• Love 1

Wholy Crapballs!!

Robyn may be feelling like is is sitting pretty right now...but if Meri leaves, Cody will be on the hunt for a new #4

Please Please Please make this part of the show!!

Whats funny is, it appears that this all happened around the time of the Duggar explosions...would think she might have been a bit concerned about her shit hitting the fan as well

• Love 3

If this was a catfish situation, she never really saw this man or had any physical contact with him/her whoever.  

She never met her dream man Sam --- but she did intend to do so.  She ended up at Disney World to meet him --- but oh, he had an emergency and sent his assistant Jackie (AKA The Catfisher)  on the vacation instead. 

I'd love to know who paid for the Disney vacation because the Browns live paycheck to paycheck.

• Love 2

I hope she does leave.  But first, I hope she admits to everything and then exposes the HELL out of those idiots.

I doubt this will ever be mentioned on the show in any way.  They are still hiding the fact that Janelle was married to Meri's brother and that is even publicly in a book! 

I think the whole situation is incredibly sad.  If one of their goals in making the show was to make plural marriage look good, they have utterly failed.  I cannot imagine what it would do to my self esteem to have the person who loved me essentially say I wasn't enough.  It's no wonder if Meri was easy prey for a catfisher.  What are these women supposed to do while their "husband" is off with someone else?  The feelings of loneliness and rejection must be beyond words.  I would pay cash money to see Kody's reaction if one of them decided to bring in a new young husband and have a child with him.

• Love 10

Exactly! But thats what these women chose...and say they believe in. Its weird that Meri, being the first wife, ever bought into this. She seems like tge least likely kind of woman that would want to share her man. She resented Janelle from day 1, and its been all downhill for her from there

• Love 1
If one of their goals in making the show was to make plural marriage look good, they have utterly failed.

The joke that polygamy is palatable to anyone became apparent almost immediately but their downward spiral has accelerated to the point that the whole bunch of them are laughing stocks.

I have nothing good to say about any of them.  They chose this so must live with their choices.  

With that said, there are not enough words to describe how despicable a human being that catfisher is.  That type of cruelty is only capable of someone subhuman.

• Love 6

"Meri Flees the Compound"

Or

"Meri is thrown out of the Compound"

Ratings Gold

Come on Meri...take one fot women everwhere...come out and be honest about shos, and how neglected u have felt...you could turn this around and come out stronger than ever. ..actually not actially strong...but maybe crying less

I'm not much for discussing religion either, usually, but it is the defining premise of this show. Therefore: What Have Mormon Leaders and Authors Said?

http://www.mrm.org/spirit-children-and-planets

Planets v earths/worlds = the same thing.

When the LDS tried to recruit me and my husband, they told us one of the perks was that we could maintain our marital relationship in the afterlife.

Since both of us had been married before, we wondered which spouses they thought we would be keeping.

When I asked how that would be possible, since Jesus Christ himself said there are no marriages in heaven, we will be like the Angels (no gender either, apparently) they went all "nananana we can't hear you" on us.

• Love 7
algebra, on 21 Sept 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:algebra, on 21 Sept 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

I have another question: don't custodial parents need the permission of the court to move the kids out of its jurisdiction? Did Robyn get permission to move to Nevada or is she guilty of parental abduction or at the least, contempt of court?

I have another question: don't custodial parents need the permission of the court to move the kids out of its jurisdiction? Did Robyn get permission to move to Nevada or is she guilty of parental abduction or at the least, contempt of court?

Maybe that's why Robyn "can't breathe?" Is she going to prison?

In my case I can move 150 miles (radius) without having to ask my ex spouse's permission and getting his okay.  I have primary placement of my child (my child lives with me and visits dad) but my ex and I have shared custody which means we decide 50-50 on matters pertaining to our child (i.e. - medical, dental, educational needs, religion).

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 1

Wow, Meri has always been my least favorite wife, but I actually feel horrible for her. Those love letters DO sound like a teenager. She sounds so desperate for love and affection - thanking "Sam" for loving her and hoping she deserves it. This woman has NO self esteem. I, frankly, do not care how consenting adults structure their relationships and do not think the government should have any say in marriage - but unless you are the Rock of Gibraltar, it appears that plural marriage is incredibly damaging to a woman's mind and soul. She chose this, but damn. What a mess. This Catfish woman is pure evil. Anyone who can screw with another person like that has some real issues.

• Love 10

She chose this, but damn. What a mess. 

I agree, but think that her biggest mistake was choosing Kody.  I think almost everything that has happened to her since she fell in love with and married him has blindsided her (yes, beginning with you, Janelle you gigantic creep), and that she has tried to make it all okay because she was so desperately in love with him. The ink wasn't even dry on her marriage certificate and her gross little groom was trying to have sex with his new sister-in-law.  wtf.

The more I read this, the more angry I get at all of these dopey women.  

You can't be a doormat unless you lay down, first.  

I think we should take the Catfish discussion to the Meri thread, if we're getting too far away from the actual happenings of the episode in here. Thanks!

sorry, was typing and didn't see this!  

• Love 4

Another thing I noticed last night, when that daughter didn't want to go to the wrestling meet, and Kody asked Robyn "can she stay with you?"

Crickets.

And then Robyn started whining about all the activities she already had on her plate. Not that I can blame her, why couldn't Christine stay home with her own kid? Robyn was getting left behind to babysit while the rest of the family went off on a junket. Which Janelle would have preferred to go on without any of the other wives, it would have been a nice trip for just her son and his parents, something that probably never happens. But no, Kody is a rock star, and has to bring his entourage.

I have to tune in every week just to see what idiotic thing this bunch of lunatics does next.

The original three wives are super close to the oldest children. They've even referred to Logan as everyone's baby because he was the first. Christine and Meri wanted to be there because they love Hunter. As much as Janelle and Meri have clashed over the years, you can see the genuine love Meri feels for Janelle's kids and it's mutual. I've heard Madison refer to Meri with a mom somewhere in the title - my mom Meri? And Madison also named attributes she got from Meri. I also remember Christine's mom teasing Hunter and him responding - oh you know it grandma. I don't think Janelle begrudges the other wives going to watch. She was one of the ones complaining when they were all separated.

New update in the Sister Wives Catfish scandal ‪--- The Brown Family Cuts Ties with Facebook Bully Amid Meri’s Catfish Scandal 

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/09/30/sisterwives-the-brown-family-cuts-ties-with-facebook-bully-amid-meris-catfish-lover-scandal/

Latest catfish details. http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/09/25/sisterwives-meri-brown-caught-cheating-on-kody-brown-with-catfish-lover/

Honestly, this whole catfish thing makes me actually feel empathy for Meri. This woman Jackie went to extreme depths to hook Meri, including paying a man to act as "Sam" on the phone.

The voicemails are from March/April so Meri was already divorced.

The notebook pages from class are the saddest. Meri reminds me of a teenager.

Here's the latest on the Sister Wives catfish scandal  http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/09/30/sisterwives-the-brown-family-cuts-ties-with-facebook-bully-amid-meris-catfish-lover-scandal/

• Love 1