Contestant Age Occupation

Barry Williams 60 The Brady Bunch Actor
Chris Soules 33 The Bachelor Star
Dean Cain 48 Television Actor
Ellen Cleghorne 49 Saturday Night Live Actress
Jaleel White 38 Actor & Television Host
Jenni “JWoww” Farley 29 Reality Television Star
Kendra Wilkinson 30 Former Playboy Model & Television Personality

Yeah, this will be annoying.  They are all going to be scrambling for face time.  There will be way too much faking their lack of knowledge topped with an amazing learning curve and lookie here, they learned so much so fast!  

• Love 2

I think the Celebrity in the title (of the show) should be in quotes...I guess casting for WCIA: Bottom of the Barrel would be tough.

How about:

"Has-beens Who Can't cook"

"People who think they're famous"

"Worst Celebrities in America"

"People who used to be famous who want another chance at fame"

ETA: "Overacting with Anne Burrel"

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

Barry Williams -   I'm Greg Brady, I'm famous.  I am  so famous, I never had to learn to cook.  I suck at cooking, because, you know, I'm a famous actor.  Very famous. On that very famous show , The Brady Bunch, with all my brothers and step-sisters.   Remember the episode about pork chops and applesauce?   one of my brothers, pronounced it "Pork shopsh and appleshosh."  Isn't that funny?  That's what I'm going to make.   I never cooked it, because we had a maid, Alice, who  cooked for us when we were kids, and I watched her.  Wait?  did that happen?  Am I greg Brady or am I a famous actor who played Greg Brady?   I forget.  Anyway, here I am on TV again! I'm going to be so awesome, they'll probably want to give me my own show.   They'll call it - Greg Brady!  yeah.  I can't wait.  

• Love 10

That show was AMAZING!

Amazingly bad? Amazingly good? Amazingly large trainwreck? I don't know.

Show gimmicks ranked from least surprising to most surprising (surprising that is, if we were watching an actual competition show):

1) D-list actors are belivably cast as terribly incompetent cooks
2) Barry Williams does not seem to be entirely ... present ... during the taping
3) The best part of a contestant's dish was the fix suggested by the judges
4) The contestant with bland food was ditched rather than more entertainingly bad cooks.
5)  One of the contestants is secretly a decent cook.
6) That another one called them out on a being a ringer.
7) They praised a burnt grilled cheese sandwich
8)  Anne Burrell was required to pretend that she was physically interested in a male contestant
9) JWow came off as the most normal and endearing of the contestants

• Love 9

I'd never seen any of these people before.  All I knew about them was what the FN slide show of contestants said so I didn't know what to expect which turned out to be a good thing.  Somewhere out there is an adult female who refers to herself as JWOWW?  Good lord. 

So they got together a bunch of self-involved people who used to be on TV and who cannot cook.  And the first thing they tell these people who can't cook to do is make a meal.  That makes absolutely no sense.  What happened to lessons?

The only one I rather liked based upon what I saw last night got eliminated. 

Edited by mlp
  • Love 3

Or "Chris Soulezzzzz... huh? oh, I must have fallen asleep watching Chris Soulezzzzz."

And they really had to have Ann, a lesbian, gush over his "good looks?"   The guy is not that good looking!  

• Love 4

I'd never seen any of these people before.  All I knew about them was what the FN slide show of contestants said so I didn't know what to expect which turned out to be a good thing.  Somewhere out there is an adult female who refers to herself as JWOWW?  Good lord. ...

If you'd seen any of the show that made her "famous," you would be even more shocked at her existence. 

I was surprised by Dean Cain's early elimination because he is the most successful of these "celebrities" (his fame may be for the past but he's still a reliably employed working actor) but I checked his IMDB and he's really busy so it might have been a scheduling conflict.

• Love 5

Why, oh, why are reality show participants considered celebrities?  Don't know who any of these people are anyway.

Clearly these losers got a call from their agents that here's a gig for them if they pretend they can't cook.  Oh, wait, a lot like the generic version of WCIA.

So because Ann B. Davis pretended to cook for the pretend Bradys back in the 60s, Barry Williams had no opportunity in the intervening 40+ years to learn to cook. 

• Love 6

The only one I could barely tolerate got eliminated. 

I wonder how many of these "celebrity" cooks lines are "scripted"?   At least Rachael wasn't calling any of these cooks "Chefs".

• Love 2

Aw, Dean! I hardly thought he was the worst and wanted him to learn how to cook for his son. They shouldn't eliminate the celebrities anyway since they're playing for charities -- do a total points things over the course of the show or something.

• Love 5

My tv crapped out prior to the tasting. Ellen Cleghorn's ketchup-y vegetable pasta extravaganza was better than what Dean Caine made? Cripes!

Maybe it's a good thing my tv malfunctioned. If I had to hear Barry Williams go on about "Alice" doing all the cooking for them I'd have emptied that container of cinnamon in his mouth. Sheesh.

• Love 6

I thought the celebrity cast was less annoying than the regular roster of famewhores.

At least some of these people can act.  That's better than the non-celebs hired to pretend they're unaware knives have a pointy end.

And the celebs made me believe those were actual dishes they cooked at home--no one decided to make a crispy crust for the gravy with marshmallows.

So Robert Irvine, Bobby Flay and Tyler Florence wouldn't come back, but Rachel Ray's going to give it a shot?  That's interesting.  Ray has a reputation for being genuinely nice, unlike her predecessors.  I'd want to be on her team.

• Love 3

Barry is only 60. But he looks at LEAST 75. Maybe 80. And stop the references back to Alice, Barry.

Ellen Cleghorne yelling out that "Live From New York" was a pathetic attempt to remind viewers who she is. Even knowing that it's STILL hard to remember her.

Some guy from The Bachelor was some guy from The Bachelor. I have no idea why we're supposed to care.

Kendra needs to go away and never come back again.

Jaleel used third person. Are you THAT big a loser that you HAVE to Jaleel?

JWoww was surprisingly normal. BUT SHE ALSO USED THIRD PERSON. Booo!

I don't know what to say about Dean Cain.  Except who knew he was so BORING?

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

I only saw the second half (was watching Survivor) but so far it didn't seem that interesting.  Dean was the person I wanted to see - I saw him on The Chase and he seemed like a very nice guy. (The guy who plays Ryan on Castle was superb on The Chase during Dean's episode - he only got one answer wrong.) Chris Soules must have a very good agent. Barry Williams is only 3 years older than me but he looks at least 10 years older. His TV makeup is pretty noticeable.  I wonder what the show would be like with real celebrities.  Then I thought of this: Worst Presidential Candidate Chefs in America.  Maybe there's a secret contest going on and the candidates dropping out are really eliminated contestants.

• Love 2

They had to find Celebs who had some skill because they don't have a ton of time to be able to "train them". I am going to guess that the final is Jaleel and JWoow in the final. They both put together something marginally complex in a short time frame and it tasted good.

Barry and the carrots. OK, I don't peel vegables. The skins have vitamins and the extra fiber is good for you. But I would cut the carrots into smaller bits for steaming. I have to believe that was a set up.

I suspect that each one of these folks knows when they are going home because they told them how long they were available for and any money that they make for their charity is going to be fine.

• Love 4

Yeah, that screamed of Dean Cain agreeing to one episode, to me.   He works a lot.  Not on anything big but he keeps busy making every lifetime/Hallmark Christmas movie, ever.   So I could see them casting him as the first to go.  But he was the only one I was remotely interested in.  

Jaleel White was such a ringer.  He was doing everything correctly.  It was like, aren't you supposed to be pretending you can't cook?  Isn't that the point of this show?  

And seriously with Anne flirting with Chris.  Huh?!?!   She's out.   Why would she do that?  Why would they have her do that?   I didn't mind the acknowledgement that Chris is a fit guy, because her eyes work.  But the flirting and the implication that she wanted more?  Um.... huh?!?!?     

• Love 9

Ellen Cleghorne yelling out that "Live From New York" was a pathetic attempt to remind viewers who she is. Even knowing that it's STILL hard to remember her.

I missed it when she did it on the show, so until I saw your comment I had no idea who she was & didn't care enough to look it up. Now I remember her. I still don't care, but at least now I know who she is.

• Love 1

Man, that was the most tedious thing I've watched in a long time...The regular version is much better, IMO.

For once, Rachael Ray was not the most annoying person in the room.  In fact, she was one of the LEAST.

Barry Williams is only 3 years older than I am - WTF??  He looks like he could be my father!

Judging from the way some of these people hold knives, etc., I'm calling BS on them not knowing how to cook.

Don't know how Barry Williams avoided going home over Dean Cain, who is somehow just about the only person on the cast I've never heard of.

• Love 1

Don't know how Barry Williams avoided going home over Dean Cain, who is somehow just about the only person on the cast I've never heard of.

It's strange contemplating someone knowing Ellen Cleghorne and Chris Soules and NOT knowing one of the few actual Supermen.

• Love 2

I was done with Jaleel the second he started referring to himself in the 3rd person.  Mind you I'm already predisposed to dislike him from previous antics on other shows, but still.  I've also never been able to stand Kendra or Greg Brady, so why I'm watching this I don't know.

I also call BS on Dean going home first for bland but not overtly disgusting food.  Especially when you have Ellen's mess.  On top of the fact that Dean is probably one of the few legit celebs here, but maybe he did have some sort of deal to appear for one episode.  I wouldn't have eaten Ellen's dish if you paid me.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4

Ugh that damn Barry Williams is still around.  I got tired of the Alice reference, Brady Bunch.  His cooking sucked and he was the worst but his alliance to the Brady Bunch kept him in.  Dean would have been much better.  I guess a Brady Bunch reference no matter HOW OLD will keep you in the game. 

One thing, I'm willing to bet Barry will be "out of it" like he was last time for the next challenge.

This whole show sucks really.  When you are rooting for JayWow (or however it's said) and Kendra you got a problem.

Who cares anyway Ann will win, she always does but given the "stars" not saying much.

• Love 2

At least some of these people can act.  That's better than the non-celebs hired to pretend they're unaware knives have a pointy end.

"I'm stirring with a knife. No one else is doing that, right? OK, that's my thing, nobody else stir with a knife."

"Oh I was going to cut in the pan, do you mind?"

"No that's OK, but nobody do anything else with knives, that's enough."

Barry is only 60. But he looks at LEAST 75. Maybe 80. And stop the references back to Alice, Barry.

I swear, I spent the first half of the episode going "didn't he die a long time ago?" until I realized I was confusing him with Robert Reed. Not that I should pick on a guy for getting older, but his "sister" Maureen McCormick is looking so good I didn't think of him as the same age.

Speaking of casting, where's Gilbert Gottfried? Surely the guy who dazzled Rachael vs Guy with peanut butter & jelly sandwiches - twice! - gets fast-tracked into a show like this. Or would, if it was based on people who need to learn and not people who do wacky goof-ups.

It's strange contemplating someone knowing Ellen Cleghorne and Chris Soules and NOT knowing one of the few actual Supermen.

Oh, I lost track of Superman after Chris Reeve.  Chris Soules and Kendra I know only from "Dancing with the Stars".  I don't watch "The Bachelor" or whatever reality show Kendra comes from.  I remember Ellen from "Saturday Night Live", though.

• Love 2
I swear, I spent the first half of the episode going "didn't he die a long time ago?" until I realized I was confusing him with Robert Reed. Not that I should pick on a guy for getting older, but his "sister" Maureen McCormick is looking so good I didn't think of him as the same age.

Maureen's actually a year younger than Barry but she looks 20 years younger!  And all this despite drugs and eating disorders in her past, too.  Eve Plumb is 57 but she hasn't aged well either - She looks as old as Barry.   This bunch (no pun intended) is probably not as vain as some stars who go under the knife to retain a youthful appearance.

• Love 1

Maureen's actually a year younger than Barry but she looks 20 years younger!  And all this despite drugs and eating disorders in her past, too.  Eve Plumb is 57 but she hasn't aged well either - She looks as old as Barry.   This bunch (no pun intended) is probably not as vain as some stars who go under the knife to retain a youthful appearance.

They don't have real careers to protect. They've all tried to stay in show biz, but nobody was really ever interested except to use them as stunt casting. So in a sense it doesn't matter how good they look. Their appeal is who they are, not what they look like.

Speaking of casting, where's Gilbert Gottfried? Surely the guy who dazzled Rachael vs Guy with peanut butter & jelly sandwiches - twice! - gets fast-tracked into a show like this. Or would, if it was based on people who need to learn and not people who do wacky goof-ups.

This show seems to be out of the same production machine that did that other show, so I suspect they simply don't want to repeat themselves.

They don't have real careers to protect. They've all tried to stay in show biz, but nobody was really ever interested except to use them as stunt casting. So in a sense it doesn't matter how good they look. Their appeal is who they are, not what they look like.

This show seems to be out of the same production machine that did that other show, so I suspect they simply don't want to repeat themselves.

Oh, absolutely, which is why Barry Williams is on this show capitalizing on who he was, and not somewhere else.  Sorry to say the Brady kids suffered from child star typecasting, something that has affected a lot of child stars over the decades.  And in general they probably didn't have the talent to take them elsewhere.  Some of them have had better exposure than others, but nothing close to their fame associated with the Brady Bunch.  Barry's career has basically been capitalizing on his Brady fame, although I just read that he had a cabaret act last year (ugh!?).  I saw him on "Celebrity Ghost Stories" a few years ago, looking almost as bad as now, so his aged appearance is actually nothing new!

Well I thought last season was bad with all the obvious acting going on but this is just...much...much...worse. Z list celebs in it to get back on tv for a few. Just horrible all around. And I do not now, nor did I ever, need to hear a woman who is out of the closet pretend to be gaga over some some man! UGH

• Love 2

I have a hard time believing that these "celebrities" have no experience in a kitchen at all (got to see the re-airing last night). I could relate with Dean Caine when he noted he wasn't familiar with some of the things he saw on the shelves but...c'mon! They had to have had some kitchen time that wasn't on a sound stage (I'm looking @ you Barry Williams).

That said, I have a hard time with some of the safe choices. Jeleel White seemed to know what he was doing. Why is he there? Despite her protestations, JWoww also seemed to have an idea of what to do. They needed power saws to cut through Barry's pork chops. And who doesn't cut the greens off of carrots before cooking them? Tilapia & hard boiled eggs?

I can't stand Rachel Ray. This season isn't looking promising. <Sigh>

• Love 2

The regular version of this show is filled with regular people making terrible jokes and famewhoring the whole time and it's really awful.  The celebrity edition is brilliant!  The talking heads are in the hands of professionals now, and therefore more entertaining for reals, and the idea of having them all sit down and eat together and offer feedback on their food was fantastic. Very entertaining.  I don't care who knows what I am really enjoying this version of this show 1000 percent more than the regular version.  And Rachel, who I usually can't stand, was really good in it as well. I think she's aging well and getting more tolerable on the whole.  

When Dean Cain said being eliminated first meant he was actually the worst cook on the Worst Cooks and therefore was the actual 'winner' just killed me.  So funny. So true.  

Looking forward to more of this version of the show. I hope they skip the regular version forever now. 

• Love 3

Ugh, after a second episode I officially pronounce this season a total dud.  I couldn't stay awake and Mr. Snarklepuss got up half way through.  I don't care if these are so-called "celebrities", I don't find them amusing or entertaining to watch in the least - more like pathetic.

• Love 4

I'm SO over Kendra saying "holla". Plus, she tasted her dish using a utensil she'd been putting into the food. Gross!

Jwow really expects us to believe that two glasses of wine give her a hangover after all the drinking on Jersey Shores? Hell, I bet even two bottles wouldn't give her a hangover.

And Chris Soules ain't that pretty. Is he aware that Anne is gay? I doubt it.

Edited by Lnmop
  • Love 3

Carrots as a nemesis, OK....

All this episode did for me is confirm that there is a predetermined order that people are going to be eliminated. I am fine with that but there is no way that Barry I can't cut anything wins the elimination round.

• Love 4

Carrots as a nemesis, OK....

All this episode did for me is confirm that there is a predetermined order that people are going to be eliminated. I am fine with that but there is no way that Barry I can't cut anything wins the elimination round.

THIS!

Also, I could've sworn that in a promo before the show aired, either Jenni or Kendra said something along the lines of "Urkel and Greg Brady are going down in flames because of me being on their team." (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.)  I can no longer find this exact commercial ANYWHERE (on the internet or on recently aired food network shows on my dvr) and wouldn't be surprised if TPTB took it down because it screwed with the show's continuity or revealed that Jaleel might be coming back.   

Or I could be crazy :)