Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Houston has released Ryan Mallett after missing the team plane this weekend.

On Hard Knocks it was pretty obvious O'Brien couldn't stand him. Mallett came off like a pissy douche who wasn't going to put forth any effort once he lost the starting job to Hoyer. I wonder if another team will sign him.

Edited by BitterApple

I doubt it. If Mallet was good, maybe, but he's not that good. And no coach is going to want to take someone who is going to pout like a 3-year-old and just need to be cut if he doesn't start. I'm surprised that Mallet is so dumb--doesn't he realize that being such a child makes his post-Texans prospects considerably worse?

Maybe Jerry Jones will take him, though. He's both desperate and DUMB.

• Love 2

Maybe Jerry Jones will take him, though. He's both desperate and DUMB.

I can think of one coach who might think he can reach Mallett by sheer force of personality...

Wait for it...

Rex Ryan, fellow Hard Knocks alum!

Rex Ryan is the first coach that popped into my mind too. Rex took Richie Incognito and picked up IK Enemkpali right after he broke Geno's jaw. Rex likes misfits lol. Rex gets along with his players very well too including the ones that have gotten into trouble. And maybe he may want another option at the QB position. Especially since EJ Manuel played terribly during the Bills/Jags game on Sunday. The BIlls took some heat for getting rid of Matt Cassel especially after EJ's performance on Sunday. I could see Rex possibly being interested in Ryan Mallet.

Jerry Jones is another person that I could see possibly being interested in Mallet. Though I don't know that he would go get him right now. Had he not signed Matt Cassel, I could have seen a scenario where he might have went and got Mallet. Especially with Dallas being in the rut they are now regarding their QB situation. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

The Dolphins first half offensive series.

What can one say?

As to Brady, per the contention that he can't really throw the long deep passes anymore; the bigger question is: why is that relevant?

With his quick step releases and "relative" mobility he's resembling his childhood idol , Joe Montana.

Not much.   Draft Kings already cut a deal with the NFLPA to use the players names and likenesses.   THe NFLPA holds the rights for group use of players.   Based on tweets from Garcon last year, he might have had a deal with Fan Duel that did not continue and he just wants to be paid.   Or the NFLPA put him up to it because FanDuel wouldn't pay up again.

But I do find it interesting that the DFS are getting hit from multiple directions.

I am working on getting a copy of the Garcon lawsuit to see what he is asking for.   

That I don't know.   I only know about the Draft Kings deal because PFT included that tidbit in their story on the lawsuit.   

I'm really going to have to spend a half hour cursing at PACER and go find the thing aren't I?

Yeah, I watched the London game. Again. At 8 am (on DVR). It was fun, but I hate these games. I hope it doesn't become a thing.

Yes, yes, yes, I don't have to watch these games. But I end up doing so because everybody's talking about it on Twitter, and I feel I'm missing out on something (This week, a dual between 2 No. 1 pick QBs and two Super Bowl head coaches.)  I'm glad to have my Sunday mornings back.

I’m nervous for how it’s going to end, but I am having so much fun watching this Giants/Saints game.  I really appreciate good defense, but sometimes a good, old-fashioned offensive shootout just hits the spot.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I just knew a field goal was going to win that Giants-Saints game when none had even been attempted throughout, I just hoped it would have been our field goal. Smh. What a waste of a great offensive performance. Oh and another 4th quarter lead loss.

I dont remember ever seeing the refs actually say "no penalty on the play" they pick up the flag and then 20 seconds later call the penalty. Wtf

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 1

The Giants are going to kill me.  I’ve seen all four Super Bowl victories by the team, including the three greatest Super Bowls ever.  But you do have to deal with the occasional brutal loss and this was one of them.

Eli plays his ass off and gives you six touchdowns, including plays that usually backfire to him and the defense sucks ass.  I don’t want to hear about drafting the best player available in the draft next year.  The Giants need defense, defense and DEFENSE.  Spags is doing the best he can but has barely 10% of the talent he had when he was originally the DC.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3

I'm already annoyed and it doesn't help that the Cowboys are the game of the week on FOX for the second week in a row and Troy has done both games. I mean, I was watching the other game but, you know...Jets.

At least the Cowboys lost again so silver lining blah blah blah.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

Yeah...thank goodness the Cowboys lost today too. The Skins have to battle the Pats next week and barring some miracle thats a loss for them. I have a week still to figure out who Im rooting for in the Eagles-Cowboys game. I have a feeling its going to be ugly either way.

Reports are Ricardo Lockette *only* suffered a concussion. I hate the use the word only....but my God the way he was just laying on the field I thought he was paralyzed or something. I was happy to see him fist pumping and pointing to his teammates as he was being carted off, but that was still very scary.

• Love 1

Wasn't it awful that that player on the team you like got injured this week?

It doesn't matter what team you root for, everyone had someone get injured this week.  I think San Diego had a dozen guys injured. 

How come no one is talking about the concrete track around the field in St. Louis.   Last week Josh McCown slipped on it and banged up his shoulder.   This week Reggie Bush slipped and I am hearing reports of a torn ACL.    Granted the track is out of bounds, but player momentum carries them off the field quite a lot.

• Love 1

They could cover the field in cotton balls, marshmallows and pillows and Bush would still manage to get himself injured. Although I do agree that having concrete near the playing surface is incredibly dangerous given that cleats have no traction on it.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

Yeah Reggie was good until he left the turf. As soon as he changed surfaces his leg looked like it buckled.

Forcette, is it, for Seattle who went limp when he was hit? I think I saw that the Cowboy was penalized, but I'm not sure why because it wasn't a blindside. They were facing each other and both lowered their shoulders.

Lockette.   You were close.    Both end in ette.    

I thought that too when I saw the replay.   How is a front helmet to helmet hit considered a "blindside" hit.  I think Jason Garrett wondered about some of the penalty calls too.    He was asked at halftime if he spoke to officials for explanations.   He said "yeah and I got a different explanation from all 3 of them."  

I'm glad Denver got the win over the Packers.  Aaron Rodgers annoys me for some reason and I liked seeing him get slapped down.

The Giants defense is the worst they've had since the mid-60s to mid-70s.  Even during the bad years (Ray Handley and Dan Reeves) you always had someone on the team like a fading LT or Michael Strahan.  Now you have absolutely nothing.

I'm already annoyed and it doesn't help that the Cowboys are the game of the week on FOX for the second week in a row and Troy has done both games. I mean, I was watching the other game but, you know...Jets.

At least the Cowboys lost again so silver lining blah blah blah.

That entire game was horribly played by both teams and horribly called by the officials. The team that sucked less managed to win.

The Cowboys can't find a back up quarterback anywhere that can throw a touchdown?????? So frustrating. Your defense hands you the ball on the  15 yard line--you can't get a touchdown, much less 1 first down??? I'm so done. If my husband weren't a Cowboys fan, their games would not be televised in my house.

I thought that both Eli and Drew did a great job in yesterday's game between the Giants and the Saints.

I also am happy to see that Oakland is continuing to grow as a team.

The trade deadline is tomorrow. I wonder what types of trades we may see happen. The 49ers have just announced that they have decided to trade TE Vernon Davis to the Broncos. There is a rumor going around that the Browns want to possibly trade a lot of their players including Alex Mac and Joe Thomas. I could see some teams being interested in these two guys, (like Detroit, Indy/Bucs/Seattle and maybe Green Bay as well.) It is being reported that the Jets may also be looking for another QB since both Ryan and Geno are dealing with injuries.

I generally don't root for Andrew Luck but while I have benevolent feelings about Carolina, I'm not enough of a Panther fan to not get bored at shitty play. And while I realize there are three quarters left, this game is getting close to losing me.

I feel like there is a yawning chasm between good and bad teams this year. I mean, next MNF is Bears/Chargers and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stomach watching any of that.

"You gotta dig your hands in there and ride him" - Jon Gruden, discussing what Cam needs to do with his center.

Edited by mojoween

Tonight’s game definitely had some rough play in it, but I think that it became pretty entertaining and competitive towards the end. The Colts fought their way back in there and made it competitive. I am glad to see Carolina go 7-0. I think that their next matchup against Green Bay may end up being a good game.

I wonder if Cleveland would trade Johnny Manziel to San Francisco for ... God, do the 9ers even have anything to trade?

I don’t think the Browns are going to trade Johnny tomorrow. But the 49ers was actually a team I was thinking he could possibly go to if the Browns ever did want to trade him. There are one of the teams that I think could use some more depth at the QB position. (There are some other teams too, I could see him possibly going to that could use some depth at the QB position) If he were traded to the 49ers, I think he would probably have to sit on the bench for a while but he’s young, and even if he sits for a bit more, he could have time to do good things on the field.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Rain always makes a game sloppy. Easy to criticize when you're sitting in the comfort of your home and not out there trying to catch a soaking ball or run in mud. Considering the elements, it was an entertaining last quarter and wish the Colts pulled it off.

• Love 1