Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

That Hail Mary into a pick-six is so very, very Jets. 

In all my years of watching football, I don't remember ever seeing that happen. Looking at FB, most of my Jet-fan friends are looking for a bridge to jump from...

• LOL 4

Jack Del Rio fired by the Commanders.

Rivera's probably just buying time.  I'm sure he'll be gone at the end of the season, and honestly with all his recent health issues, he's looked tired and bored.

I'd like to see the new owners give Bienemy a chance.

• Like 3

I think I previously thought that Washington might be better off keeping RIvera if they're not going to promote Eric Bieniemy.  So while I think Ron is a great guy, it's time to move on.   My issue is a new guy wanting his own guy.  Which is fair enough if it's an offensive guy.  IMO, Washington would be going backwards getting people like Gase, McDaniels, and other people that have failed.

Howell would be among the MVP folks if Washington had a better record.  Meanwhile, that team that plays its home games at Arrowhead aren't as tremendous this season.  Personally, I love to see Bieniemy get the same "second chance" that Brian Flores received.  I might take 2-3 decades so that'll be wishful thinking.

Time for my Week 12 predictions.  Today I have Kansas City losing to Las Vegas, Cincinnati winning at home which would be a cover, and the New England & New York game ending in a tie.  Tomorrow I have no feel & I'll probably be wrong, at least ATS, but I still have Minnesota beating Chicago.  It's a home game for them so that'll help.  

Of all the times I've been wrong with picking against KC, I've sure as heck been wrong picking for them.  Vegas is at home with normal rest, and they are better.  No sense in thinking KC will win after their struggles lately.  Feeling more of a scapegoat move for Pittsburgh, who was awful offensively before Matt Canada showed up there in 2021.  When the face of the organization puts 8-8, 9-8, 8-8-2 etc over winning big games, titles, and championships, then you'll probably have to turn on a past video to see winning from this team.  Maybe they'll win, but they've been in this spot before, including 2020 also against Cincy.  Finally, the Pats & Giants have their 2024 options for their next QB.

Other picks include Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Tennessee, Cleveland, Arizona, Philadelphia, and Baltimore.  Eagles cover but not by too much, same goes for Cleveland, Baltimore, and Minnesota.  Got the under for Denver, Bolts, and Chicago.  Over hits for Philly

3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If Alex weren’t married, I would propose to him right this second (I incidentally also happen to be married, but that is irrelevant).

I'd marry him because he's super hot and a fellow Taurus, so this snippet is just icing on the hotcake.

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

I'd marry him because he's super hot and a fellow Taurus, so this snippet is just icing on the hotcake.

I'm single but old enough to be his mother, so I guess I can't marry him, but just for the glorious swipe on both Tom Brady and Rex Ryan, I will donate him my daughter.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
18 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Pats giants should just be sudden death. First team to score wins. Then end it.  

Sweet!  Game over!

For someone coached by supposed mastermind Bill Belichick, Mac makes really horrible, terrible no-good, very bad decisions.  

• Like 6

Zappe replaces Mac, goes 6 for 6 and scores the tying TD. 

I swear that Mac was looking promising at one point in his career. It’s hard to remember now. And promising in a “Andy Dalton is his ceiling and you can live with it” way. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Sweet!  Game over!

For someone coached by supposed mastermind Bill Belichick, Mac makes really horrible, terrible no-good, very bad decisions.  

Old man Tom Brady shakes his fist at the sky and rails about how the old Patriots would have beaten the old Giants.

Oh, wait…

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
13 minutes ago, mojoween said:

No style points in the NFL baby.

On a personal level, I'll disagree for today.  When Drew Brees was still active and TB12 in red as a WTF moment, until this afternoon, Pittsburgh hit 400 yards for the last time with 15 weeks remaining in 2020 (when they started 11-0).  Finally outgained someone for the first time in quite a long time

This Bills team is confounding.

Austin Ekeler is a regular guest on the “God Bless Football” podcast, and he was excited a couple weeks ago because they had a 4:25 EST game, which is what a normal schedule would be.  And it begs the question - why the hell do the Chargers have so many standalone games?

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

This Bills team is confounding.

I keep flipping between that game and the Cleveland Denver game.  Browns back up QB is in because Dorian Thompson Robinson is out after taking a huge hit.  And what do the Browns do? Try to get cute on a trick play and fumble the ball.  Denver capitalizes and now they are leading 24-12.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
35 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I keep flipping between that game and the Cleveland Denver game.  Browns back up QB is in because Dorian Thompson Robinson is out after taking a huge hit.  And what do the Browns do? Try to get cute on a trick play and fumble the ball.  Denver capitalizes and now they are leading 24-12.

Good thing Cleveland picked up Joe Flacco!

5 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Outdueled by Tommy DeVito? Zach Wilson probably should not have been the only starting QB benched this week.

The Patriots defensive players must be livid at the offensive players. How do you only give up ten points and lose?

Glad all is well, but I sorta had to laugh at the NFL Redzone with Scott Hanson and the Fire Alarm. Probably took 5 seconds to realize how Social Media was going to enjoy this unprecedented moment

I really wanted Buffalo to win but it was very important that Philly not lose.  I’m so conflicted.

Just now, Carey said:

Everyone on Social Media is echoing the Romo hate.  Which could turn into love mild dislike when Brady's debut take place

I have room in my heart to hate them both!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
Just now, mojoween said:

I really wanted Buffalo to win but it was very important that Philly not lose.  I’m so conflicted.

I wanted/needed Buffalo to lose early on but changed my feelings later on.  To where I totally forgot that I picked the Eagles to win.  I didn't win against the spread, but I was right.  It does help the AFC, but while I could do without San Francisco winning, that's who I went with (along with Jacksonville, who might end up not getting there based off of Kansas City showing that it'll take at least a lot more to topple them).

As mentioned, regardless of the outcome, it was a great game at Lincoln Financial Field

And Sunday Night Football starts at 8:24 on NBC...  in case you didn't hear them announce that about eleventy billion times.  

Have they always done that?  I mean, doesn't Sunday Night Football always start at 8:something on NBC?

• Like 2
Just now, ebk57 said:

And Sunday Night Football starts at 8:24 on NBC...  in case you didn't hear them announce that about eleventy billion times.  

Have they always done that?  I mean, doesn't Sunday Night Football always start at 8:something on NBC?

It's been 8:20 for me.  There have been some OT games in the late window, but those usually end well before quarter after.  Not sure of the need to delay the game like they did with the 2012 NFC Divisional Playoff Game after that Double OT game between Denver and Baltimore

Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Unless Hurts gets injured, I just don't see anybody beating Philly. They're on a mission. Buffalo had them dead to rights and they just refused to lose.

Philadelphia is a great team.  They probably should finish their story this year. 

However, they better hope someone other than Baltimore wins the AFC, because I do not see who on the Eagles staff is stopping that team, even when the NFC Champions are on their A Game

22 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Did the Chargers run over the head officials dog or something?  I’ve never seen a team more screwed by no-calls in 11 minutes of play.

I've watched a lot of football today and seen a lot of bad calls but yeah the Chargers were screwed on the non call for necessary roughness and then getting called for it themselves. And then no call for the Raven interfering on the fair catch call.  It's hard not to think something is going on.

• Like 1

I'm not a Ravens fan.  However, I actually do not hate the team.  Good football play is what I admire.

That being said, I think I'm okay with Baltimore winning over Los Angeles.  My team has a fair enough chance to win out, which would clinch the division title regardless of what happens.  Not much help is needed to finish in first place for the first time in 19 years (but not simple either).

Today's officiating might be a collection within a million things that I'll recall if and when I give up the NFL for good

For the record, quitting the NFL ain't happening. It's not something that I'd do on purpose or aggressively, but something that could happen if I'm doing something else on Sundays. If there's no big thing happening, I'm watching football going forward.

I just hate it when a part time human being determines the outcome over men that are risking their well being & lives for the sport

Amused, but not surprised, by all the Alex Smith love.

In 2016, this was front page in the KC Star.  It was taken shortly after the keeper he ran in to beat the Chargers in OT.  It’s one of my most treasured sports photos, featuring Mr Calm-and-Collected-Captain-Checkdown *losing his fucking mind.

IMG_2637.thumb.jpeg.98a9ea1821de259151cb0d93ffe7b02d.jpeg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

Sweet!  Game over!

Over under on that game was 34!  Who in the hell was betting the over?

• Mind Blown 1
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

No style points in the NFL baby.

...Said the 2023/2024 Pittsburgh Steelers. They are dreadful and come out with yet another win.

Tony Romo could continue his mumblefuckery if he had a decent voice. Dude always sounds like he's just back from Cheerleading Nationals and sucked lemons on the bus ride back.

10 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Tony Romo could continue his mumblefuckery if he had a decent voice. Dude always sounds like he's just back from Cheerleading Nationals and sucked lemons on the bus ride back.

Voice sucks, he sucks.  He got good reviews his first season and decided he was all that.

Damn, listening to Jason Garrett last night, I realized I'm sick of all the Cowbung alumni in the broadcast booth.  Moose Johnston, Troy Aikman, Romo, Garrett. 

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, Kip Hackman said:

Not surprising. Now the terrible owner who is 0-2 on coaching hires had to do it again.

He's actually 0-3.  He fired his soccer coach earlier thus year.

Honestly, Frank has looked tired & over it, lately.  It's the best thing for him to be away from this organization.   

But firing Frank isn't going to solve the offensive problems.

Meanwhile Charger fans are resigned to living with Staley for eternity.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Meanwhile Charger fans are resigned to living with Staley for eternity.

All twelve of them?  I mean, it's a shame their team never plays a home game.

I will give Jason Garrett props for slipping and starting to say "San Diego."  I still automatically think San Diego, too.  Of course, the same San Diego that fired Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season...

• Like 1

The chargers can change coaches, players, qb, front office, city but they are forever it seems doomed to mediocrity. 

Not like the lions for years before this one where they are bad.  Just average and underachieving year after year. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
20 hours ago, mojoween said:

Fuck is this ten second runoff bullshit?  For the first 28 minutes of a half a penalty is a penalty, but then for two minutes it costs 10 seconds too?  

I don't hate it.  It has been a part of football for a long time and it prevents the offense from committing a penalty just to get the clock to stop while saving the down. 

• Like 6