Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, mojoween said:

The special started with Taylor and ended with Taylor; therefore, that proves that he is the greatest player of all time.

Bruce Smith would like a word. :P

Thinking of the original LT makes me wonder who would win in the hole- Lawrence Taylor or LaDainian Tomlinson?

11 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Buffalo was Washington's first opponent since Sean Taylor died. If I remember correctly, the 'Skins and the Bills made a deal where on Buffalo's first play on offence, the 'Skins would line up with ten men (symbolism for Taylor's absence) and the Bills would take a knee.

Perhaps a similar agreement could be made for Damar Hamlin. In, say, Buffalo's first game in 2023, he could play the first snap on defence in his regular position, with the running back running towards him and sliding in his direction so all Hamlin has to do to "make the tackle" is touch him when he's down. Then Hamlin can say he returned to play and left the game on a high note.

It was not that orchestrated.   Joe Gibbs the coach didn't even know the D was only putting 10 men on the field.   that was something the Defensive Coach did all on his own.   

Pronger played professional hockey which also involves a lot of heavy contact after his incident.   So it is highly possible that Hamlin will be cleared to play too.

Now, he may not WANT to.   He is incredibly close to his younger brother.   He didn't even want to go away for college so he could be around to see him grow up.   This may cause him to realize that he needs to take care of himself for his little brother's sake.  

I don't know if he wants this, but, setting football aside, Damar Hamilin has the opportunity to become the leader of a multi-million dollar foundation for under served youth.

He was doing good for them before his injury, now he can do a magnitude more.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

^Where is that eyeroll emoji?

The Raiders have learned that if they don’t go up 17, then they can’t lose a big lead.  Also, there are more red jerseys in that crowd that I would expect.

Also also is anyone else holding their breath when anyone takes more than a half second to get up after making or receiving a tackle?

Edited by mojoween

I saw 2 plays that should've been called interference by the Chiefs, then I see a Raider's player bring Mahomes down, and he gets called for it. Mahomes gets lightly tackled and there's a penalty.  What gives, refs?   

For those who complain that Tom Brady benefits from too many penalties for getting tackled, he's not the only one.  Seems like most QBs get the kid glove treatment. 

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Was that his jersey number or something (that would figure)? I don't get the significance of that $amt.

It’s a “teehee 69 means sexual position” reference.  His jersey number was 87 because at the time 69 was a lineman’s number and I don’t know if the NFL gives that number out anyways.

Edited by mojoween
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

It’s a “teehee 69 means sexual position” reference.  His jersey number was 87 because at the time 69 was a lineman’s number and I don’t know if the NFL gives that number out anyways.

So then he is as annoyingly juvenile as he appears. Got it. 

Who wouldn't attach a frat boy reference to a donation for children, following the near-death of their benefactor? 

• Like 4

So happy for this crew right now since they were there on Monday night, and look so happy right now. Lisa looks thrilled and Joe and Troy have big smiles on their faces. 

Edited by twoods
  • Like 7

Yeah everyone looks great.  Their joy is great to see/hear.

Looking forward to the network NFL pregame for FOX, CBS and NBC tomorrow.  While several aren't fans of the pregame/studio shows, I am.  The crews usually have a ton of perspective.

Anyway, I'll be interesting to get their take on Damar, especially now given the trend toward positive.  You know people like Nantz/Romo & Tirico/Collinsworth will have some insight.

No matter how much you hate someone due to one's NFL alliance, everyone is family in the NFL.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm sorry, but I'm just annoyed with the low bar for entertainment/entertainers.

Not surprising though!  Just listen to what's coming out of Prince Harry's mouth.  Talk about zero class!!  People get some notoriety and then lose their ever-loving mind (speaking of Harry, not Gronk on that comment!)    

Edited by ChitChat
  • Like 6

Vrabel looked like he wanted to cry aft Dobbs threw that lame pass on 4th down.

I wasn't really rooting for anyone; I like both coaches.  Trevor I find arrogant.  It's nice to see a new face on top, tho.

• Like 1

The Jags got lucky, imo, their defense won the game. Even Lawrence acknowledged the offense couldn't get anything going. I did feel bad for Dobbs, he looked really exhausted and down after the game. 

Chiefs/Raiders went exactly as I expected. 

• Like 4

I'm not going to make the mistake of picking a game super early, but I would not be surprised if Jacksonville beats LA.  I don't know if there's anything to change my mind against my Super Bowl pick.  That's just in the wild-card round; it's very possible I go off of it after that!

5 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Gronk donated to Hamlin's charity.

And that’s the whole point.  It’s money he didn’t have to give, but he gave, and it’s appreciated.  He’s a goofball, for sure, but it’s not like they’re stapling that page from the Kama Sutra to the toys or nothin.

Edited by voiceover
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4

I'm glad the Jaguars won. Congrats to them!

I wouldn't be surprised if Bills won the Super Bowl. They will be either super motivated and focused and go all the way, or else they will be distracted and lose the first playoff game.

One reason Vikings played so poorly on Sunday is because the backup Center was injured and the replacement Center had never taken a snap. I'm not sure if he ever even practiced with the team. Anyhow this caused most of the off-sides penalties.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, voiceover said:

He’s a goofball, for sure, but it’s not like they’re stapling that page from the Kama Sutra to the toys or nothin.

Exactly!  Gronk might be a bit juvenile at times, but I think he has a good heart.  He donates to kids' charities in Boston too.  

• Applause 4
14 hours ago, twoods said:

So happy for this crew right now since they were there on Monday night, and look so happy right now. Lisa looks thrilled and Joe and Troy have big smiles on their faces. 

YES.

During the early game it hit me that this is the first football since that and its ESPN.   Thankfully different crew.   

Then the late game.   The last time I saw Lisa Salters on tv she was crying and I just wanted to give her a hug.   Today she was beaming.

• Like 6

Picks are: Tampa, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Miami, Carolina, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Buffalo, Dallas, Green Bay for the Week 18 Regular Season Finale

Somehow, I'm not very enthused today about that fight to get the 7th & last Playoff spot in both the AFC & NFC. The AFC 7th spot is eye-rolling inducing & the NFC 7th spot is migraine inducing because we all know the Lions are not winning tonight. In fact, I can't remember the last time the Lions won a very important must-win game. 

I also need the Eagles to not fall flat on their faces today. Is that too much too ask? Just even thinking about the Cowboys getting that 1st seed, that week off, & winning that sorry sucky NFC East is making me want to vomit.

3 hours ago, ChitChat said:
13 hours ago, voiceover said:

He’s a goofball, for sure, but it’s not like they’re stapling that page from the Kama Sutra to the toys or nothin.

Exactly!  Gronk might be a bit juvenile at times, but I think he has a good heart.  He donates to kids' charities in Boston too.  

I find Gronk to be very likable. He kind of reminds me of Draymond from those Warriors. They're both very lovable, classy, & endearing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Everyone has been talking about how Damar's watching the Bills game from his hospital bed.  I hope they set up a feed for him, because they're showing the Ravens-Bengals game in Cincinnati.

Just now, mojoween said:

My goose bumps got goose bumps watching even the Patriots reaction during the pregame remarks for Damar.

I didn't catch who it was, but some jerk on that team stood there scowling with his hands behind his back, while all his teammates were applauding.

1 minute ago, Magog said:

I find Gronk to be very likable. He kind of reminds me of Draymond from those Warriors. They're both very lovable, classy, & endearing. 

I only caught the end of it, but the Fox pregame had a skit with Gronk as Bob Ross painting the playoff picture.  I hope I can find that on YouTube.

• Like 1
Just now, meowmommy said:

I only caught the end of it, but the Fox pregame had a skit with Gronk as Bob Ross painting the playoff picture.  I hope I can find that on YouTube.

I know someone who had the TV on mute found it hilarious.  That's really all you need to know.

FWIW, there's nothing to hate Gronk for

• Like 1
Just now, mojoween said:

I can.  Gronk plays a big dumb idiot who gets away with a lot of shit that other people won’t.  

And Gronk does a lot of good things that other people won't.

Take care New England. You are never getting the AFC East title back. Revenge for Buffalo is everlasting

1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

I only caught the end of it, but the Fox pregame had a skit with Gronk as Bob Ross painting the playoff picture

It was hilarious!  Although he can be juvenile at times, I still like him.  He's got a great sense of humor!  

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Gronk plays a big dumb idiot who gets away with a lot of shit that other people don’t.  

I'm not sure what he gets away with that others don't.  

Bill Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of all-time. But to quote an old South Park line, he is also in love with the smell of his own farts. Appointing Matt Patricia, a defensive coordinator and Joe Judge, a special teams coordinator, to run his OFFENSE is the biggest fart of all. Bill Belichick desperately needs a voice other than Bill Belichick to help him make decisions going forward.

• Like 2