Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Round 2 about to get underway. Dallas should grab a QB they need one, unless Jones is still wanting Manziel. lol

Doubt they'll be as much drama as there was with the freefall of Tulis last night all over some weed. 

On the one hand, it's kind of sweet that the N has a different person introduce each pick for Rounds 2 and 3.

On the other hand, the introduction of that person plus the little speech they give takes time. And this thing seems like it's never going to end.

• Love 1

I was listening to the draft today. (I know. It's pathetic, but I wanted something mindless while I was weeding my garden.) At one point I heard this ad.

I laughed my ass off given the dominant story in the draft.

• Love 2

While watching "The Replacements" for the 900th time because shut up I love this movie, it occurs to me that there have been some very good broadcasters since the 80's, but there will never ever be a duo as great as Madden and Summerall.

• Love 7

Back on Draft news -- apparently Jerry Jones had to be wrestled down in the draft room again.   He was trying to trade up to get Paxton Lynch.   Oy.   I kinda like them taking Dak Prescott in the 4th.    Some say he's a project.   I say, he holds all school records and will be fine.   It's a 4th rounder.   

but there will never ever be a duo as great as Madden and Summerall.

No there will not be.    I loved some of the matchs ups, and I like some of them now.   But nothing, no how, no time can match Madden and Summerall.

The news about Stubblefield is just depressing.   Look, another former NFL player who is into rape.   They lost their power from being aclaimed on the field so they have to take it now.

So allegedly Cris Carter and Murderin' Ray Lewis are out and Randy Moss is in at ESPN.  What is going ON over there?  I really like CC.

And reports are that Sean McDonough got MNF, which is cool.  He's really good at his job.

• Love 2

I'm glad Ray Lewis is out.  Cris Carter never misses an opportunity to discuss his own demons whenever there's a discussion about an athlete abusing alcohol or drugs.  That was ok for a while, but now he's just annoying.  So I'm glad he's out, too.

• Love 1

So glad Ray Lewis is out.   The man is incoherent.  Seriously, he would just babble and you couldn;t understand a word he said.  

Chris Carter felt the solution that worked for him is the ONLY solution for any athlete facing problems.   He just really never saw that one size fits all is not really the answer.

You know who has pleasantly surprised me this year?   Dion Sanders.   Get him away from the shouting panel and he makes some really good insights.   He can calmly, rationally explain what is going on.   They try to get him to be more antagonistic like Irvin, but he just shuts that stuff down.   Irvin gets on my nerves with all his yelling and love for anyone wearing 88.   NFLN needs to get rid of him.   They also need to stop all the shouting on the panel.   There is no reason these guys can't each make their point without having to shout over each other.  

• Love 2

NFLN needs to get rid of him.   They also need to stop all the shouting on the panel.   There is no reason these guys can't each make their point without having to shout over each other.  

They didn't always do that.  For years, I watched a re-run of Total Access in bed right before going to sleep.  But the past couple of years, I'd never be able to get to sleep after that shout fest.  Between that, how short the stories have become, and all the crap they have up on the screen like ESPN, I can't stand to watch much of the time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Also, next year or the year after they are going back to AFC vs. NFC, which if I watched the Pro Bowl, I would be very happy about.

Aww...The Broncos were gracious enough to invite Brock Osweiler on their White House Super Bowl victory visit but Houston had OTA's at the same time so he had to decline and was classy as he did so.  That was nice of them.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ketchuplover said:

Aaron Rodgers has allegedly stopped eating dairy products.  

NFL news was so slow that this is a big story? Who cares? Poor guy can't even change his diet without Packer nation scrutinizing it.

• Love 2

Not sure what to think of these athletes anymore.  First it was a fleet of them getting caught violating the league's substance abuse policy.  Now we have a fleet of them being suspect to sexual assault and related.  It's just rather sad; one of several reasons why I'm not one to look up to a celebrity and/or get excited when they're nearby or on television

• Love 3

Man, since Mike & Mike started this morning at 6 Greeny has had to report the passing of Pat Summit and now Buddy Ryan.

Buddy will forever be one of the best d-coordinators of all time.

The '85 Bears episode of 30 for 30 has some sad but touching footage of Mike Singletary visiting Buddy Ryan, and some emotional footage of Singletary and other former players reading a letter Ryan wrote to them:

To my guys,

In 1981, many of you signed a letter to George Halas that saved my job. Now I’m writing a letter to all of you to say thanks. I wish I could be there to say it in person, but this will have to do.

Thank you to the Super Bowl champion 1985 Chicago Bears, the greatest team in NFL history. You gave me the best memories of my coaching life.

I’ll love every one of you until the day I die. I told you this a long time ago, and it’s still true.

You guys will always be my heroes.

Coach Buddy Ryan, 46

• Love 4

If you just the highest paid best on the best player in the league, no, he doesn't

That's not how it works though.  A QB will always, or almost always, be the top paid player.  And in terms of importance to his team, he certainly is among a handful of players that can make his team a contender rather than a at best mediocre. 

ANd if you consider what other QBs in the league make, his salary is not out of line in the least bit.  If Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers and Matt ryan are all worth the $20-21 million range, then Luck is certainly worth $23 million.  Is he worth more than Rodgers or cam newton?  Not based on last season, but I still think he is in that same realm of players. 

Jaguars RB Dennard Robinson was found by Jacksonville police sitting with a woman, asleep, in a car sinking into a pond.  The police said he was not impaired.

So, just fall asleep in a car and sink into the water as we all do.

Steve Smith Sr. is furious over NFL Network’s Top 100

One past decision that really bothered Smith was NFL Network placing Peyton Manning at No. 50 after the 2011 season, the season in which Manning was sidelined the entire season after a neck procedure.

This year Smith was left off the list entirely even though he had 15 more receptions than nominee Dez Bryant (#51 on the list), for 269 more yards and the same amount of touchdowns; so, if NFL Network really bases their top 100 off of a statistical ranking of  the past season’s performance, then Smith Sr. would be ahead of Bryant. The peer vote is not solely based on statistics, it is clearly based on popularity of the individual players within the league fraternity.

Is Miko Grimes mentally unstable? Now she's making anti- Semitic comments on Twitter? I feel bad for Tampa for having to deal with her crazy ass- the Dolphins must be laughing.

She just made it private.   So still ranting away, we just can't see it.   Yeah, she takes credit for getting her husband out of Miami (she thinks she did it in a good way) but then denies anyone pays attention to her tweets.