Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

I'm pretty sure I heard Sonja say Ramona was sleeping off the rose she had at lunch. It might not have been Sonja who said it, but someone did.

Lu mouthed that Ramona had 3 glasses of wine, Beth straight up said it.

Sorry, but if I had 3 glasses of wine at lunch, I too would need a nap. Guess we know why Ramona needs a nap at 4 everyday.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13

A few thoughts. I don't dislike Bethanny, but I feel it was about 30% too much of her on the show, and 60% too much on the reunion. She was not there for many of the hot topics, she could sit back and STFU at least a few times. Please! But why should she, when Andy is constantly turning to her and asking her thoughts. "Bethanny, you were on a plane home at the time, but what do you think about something you only saw edited on TV?" 

I don't have a problem with Bethenny commenting on some of the things that went down when she wasn't there, e.g., the FU dinner because we're all here doing the exact same thing.  Commenting on what was shown during an episode is what we do and exactly what Bethenny did.   So many of us pointed out the BS Dorinda was spewing at the reunion, in her THs, blogs and tweets but we're unable to say that to her face.  That's why I loved Bethenny saying it for us.  When she shouted "That's NOT what happened"  I literally cheered.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

Do we know for sure those TH were done after the twitter wars? I mean not all of them were. But nevermind. Apparently Carole didn't need to be official told as she admitted to having an inkling that things weren't A Ok with the Countess and yet kept on with the "who me?, what did I do" schtick the whole way through. I'm glad Lu still felt the need to meet halfway with regards to the "lack of communication" angle of it all. By doing that it prompted Carole to FINALLY admit to being aware of the cloud that hooking up with Adam brought over her relationship with Lu. Did she act on this knowledge in a positive way? Not really but at least we see her acknowledge that she knew it was hovering over them.  

LuAnn only conceded that she should have said something to Carole after everyone pointed that out to her, everyone!  LOL That tells me that she did NOT tell Carole HOW upset she really was at the time and I don't think Carole had a clue it was as bad at the time either. Did Carole know that LuAnn was upset, Yes, but not that she was THAT upset because LuAnn never told her. Both made mistakes in this but only LuAnn could have conveyed her feelings to Carole about this, Carole is not a mind reader and by all that we saw/heard, LuAnn never said more than it was a bit of a problem for her but that their friendship meant more to her than Carole dating Adam.

As for the THs and when they were filmed, we know that they were filming them up to and including the day before they filmed the reunion so Yes, I do believe these THs, Carole's, were filmed after the twitter war was started by LuAnn because her whole/attitude changed 180 degrees during them. JMO 

• Love 1

So in one of the many times that everyone is talking all over each other, Sonja asks about Heather/Carole apologizing for barging into Lu's room.  Heather said they didn't barge.  Carole says they did apologize.  Did they and I missed it?  Or is Carole referring to when she apologized to Lu and then denied it?

• Love 4

I agree that Heather probably has more on Luann.  But I think Lu's got something.  And Lu has less to lose if Heather exposed it all.  If Heather is leaving by her own volition, I think it's because she figures that the risk and the bullshit aren't worth it.  Smart.

Nahhhh, LuAnn doesn't have anything or she would have exposed it on twitter this season. LuAnn held nothing back in her tweets and she came hard for both Carole and Heather. Also, Heather told her "Go ahead, Let's talk about it" twice and LuAnn backed down so fast it was comical. LuAnn was just trying , as someone else pointed out, a Kim R move and it failed just miserably for her as it did Kim. LOL

• Love 10

Lu mouthed that Ramona had 3 glasses of wine, Beth straight up said it.

Sorry, but if I had 3 glasses of wine at lunch, I too would need a nap. Guess we know why Ramona needs a nap at 4 everyday.

I think that's Dorinda who takes a nap everyday.  With a nightie.  45 minutes.  

Speaking of, if I needed to put a nightie on at 4pm everyday, my office mates would be a little weirded out.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 13

A drowsy, boozy cast delivers a strangely satisfactory nightcap to Season 7.

http://previously.tv/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/rhonyc-reunion-part-iii-put-it-to-bed/"> Read the story

I think this recap is the best one yet.   

We weren't sure what Heather said to LuAnn during/after the "hug" but PTV cleared that one up for us...

“Heather announces that she's "so happy, [she] could throw up," and then embraces LuAnn like a long-lost sister. How does Carole feel about this development?” 

I missed this one so I'll have to rewatch so I can try to catch this gem...

“Without a doubt, though, the best part of this whole lovefest is when everyone else is on their feet and, in the background, LuAnn turns to Carole to say, "I'm not sure I'm ready for you yet, Radzi," and Carole's like, "Yeah, please don't touch me." At least one feud will carry over to Season 8."

• Love 8

So in one of the many times that everyone is talking all over each other, Sonja asks about Heather/Carole apologizing for barging into Lu's room.  Heather said they didn't barge.  Carole says they did apologize.  Did they and I missed it?  Or is Carole referring to when she apologized to Lu and then denied it?

Both Heather and Carole said that they knocked before entering LuAnn's bedroom and both have said that they apologized to LuAnn before they left T&C, then again after they got back before the bedazzle party and LuAnn has never denied their claim.

• Love 5

Nahhhh, LuAnn doesn't have anything or she would have exposed it on twitter this season. LuAnn held nothing back in her tweets and she came hard for both Carole and Heather. Also, Heather told her "Go ahead, Let's talk about it" twice and LuAnn backed down so fast it was comical. LuAnn was just trying , as someone else pointed out, a Kim R move and it failed just miserably for her as it did Kim. LOL

Exactly. Kim tried and it worked for a second, everyone was trying to figure out what Harry did/was doing. Then everyone calmed down and we realized.... oh yeah Kim is a crazy woman and knows nothing.

Sure there will be those that will run with Lu's insinuations trying to find something awful to speculate about Heather's marriage but I'm not buying it.

Lu basically threw away friends for her apple and some song about girl code, that is messed up. If she had anything she would have said it. Of that I'm sure.

• Love 7

LuAnn only conceded that she should have said something to Carole after everyone pointed that out to her, everyone!  LOL That tells me that she did NOT tell Carole HOW upset she really was at the time and I don't think Carole had a clue it was as bad at the time either. Did Carole know that LuAnn was upset, Yes, but not that she was THAT upset because LuAnn never told her. Both made mistakes in this but only LuAnn could have conveyed her feelings to Carole about this, Carole is not a mind reader and by all that we saw/heard, LuAnn never said more than it was a bit of a problem for her but that their friendship meant more to her than Carole dating Adam.

As for the THs and when they were filmed, we know that they were filming them up to and including the day before they filmed the reunion so Yes, I do believe these THs, Carole's, were filmed after the twitter war was started by LuAnn because her whole/attitude changed 180 degrees during them. JMO 

Nice assessment but I go by the words that actually came out of Carole's mouth which was that she did sense Lu's discomfort. The rest, for me, is hyperbole. With that one statement from Carole, I conclude that Carole had more than enough information to at least inquire further on an intimate and private level or at the very least not feign confusion at Lu's demeanor when the subject does happen to come up throughout the season. This need for a house to fall on her head is lost on me. I had enough information just by seeing what I saw, hearing what I heard and my own common sense. Meanwhile Carole was in the physical presence of what, even I could see through my TV, was obvious tension over the matter. Disheartening for sure.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 10

I think that's Dorinda who takes a nap everyday. With a nightie. 45 minutes.

Speaking of, if I needed to put a nightie on at 4pm everyday, my office mates would be a little weirded out.

LOL, with a nightie, I missed that, omg I just can't with these women. Of course Dorinda takes a nap everyday, she must need to sleep off lunch too.

I was going by what Ramona said after they woke her up, she said she missed her 4 o'clock nap, lol.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

Yes, Carole did admit that she saw LuAnn was uncomfortable with her dating Adam and should have tried to speak to her about it but LuAnn avoided any conversation about it as well. They both just kept saying that their friendship meant more to each other than this issue. BOTH women were/are at fault and it was nice to hear them admit it last night.

I am curious when did Luann ever say that?  All I remember her saying is she was uncomfortable.  Carole just kept making idiotic comments about the Countess and Luann.  They are the same person.

By the end of the Reunion I think what was discovered is that you really can't tell someone how they should feel or their feelings are wrong because you want to get your way or have your behavior excused.  Ramona learned she has to learn to at least fake feelings for other people.

• Love 4

Exactly. Kim tried and it worked for a second, everyone was trying to figure out what Harry did/was doing. Then everyone calmed down and we realized.... oh yeah Kim is a crazy woman and knows nothing.

Sure there will be those that will run with Lu's insinuations trying to find something awful to speculate about Heather's marriage but I'm not buying it.

Lu basically threw away friends for her apple and some song about girl code, that is messed up. If she had anything she would have said it. Of that I'm sure.

Yes indeedy - it's a quick trot on the high road to go from LuAnn's unsubstantiated claim about Heather to also conclude that it's 'in the news' that LuAnn floating Aviva's old and apparently unsubstantiated claim that Radzi had a ghostwriter has legs.  After all, Ramona Logic is super logical: LuAnn said it (but backed that shit up so there was no 'it' in her claim about Heather in St. Barth's), and if people (ok, not 'people' but 'person' since it's just LuAnn and she cowered from giving a single detail) are saying it, there must be something to it!  That was Ramona's argument to Bethenny about the cheating thing, and while Bethenny is tiresome, I agree that it's a lethal character trait to hop on similar piles of shit and insist that there's something to every thin bit of gossip drifting around these Hos. 

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 6

I don't have a problem with Bethenny commenting on some of the things that went down when she wasn't there, e.g., the FU dinner because we're all here doing the exact same thing.  Commenting on what was shown during an episode is what we do and exactly what Bethenny did.   So many of us pointed out the BS Dorinda was spewing at the reunion, in her THs, blogs and tweets but we're unable to say that to her face.  That's why I loved Bethenny saying it for us.  When she shouted "That's NOT what happened"  I literally cheered.

I do have a problem with Bethy doing that. Grandstanding. With sometimes crude and/or crass almost sexualized comments. Making sure she is always right.

Plus, Andy is supposed to be doing the mod job! I'm not sure what he was doing there. But I know what he wasn't doing. His job.

• Love 11

I think that's Dorinda who takes a nap everyday.  With a nightie.  45 minutes.  

IIRC, Dorinda said it was "proper cotton nightgown" which I thought was odd.  

I'm older than Dorinda and don't own one but my 93 year old mother wears them.

• Love 6

I noticed what didn't happen was the ghost writer story about Luann outing Carole's ghostwriter.  Seems odd that big a story would end up on the cutting room floor.  Anybody wonder if all of a sudden Bethenny, since she seems to be running the show and in charge of casting, thought it might be too much for people to believe if that ghostwriting thing was in the mix for a reconciliation next year?  Bethenny will work but only so hard if she is not in the scene.

• Love 6

I noticed what didn't happen was the ghost writer story about Luann outing Carole's ghostwriter.  Seems odd that big a story would end up on the cutting room floor.  

Maybe we'll see that in next week's "Secrets" episode (or not).   I don't remember the source of the ghostwriter story.  Do we know it really happened?  

• Love 2

I am curious when did Luann ever say that?  All I remember her saying is she was uncomfortable.  Carole just kept making idiotic comments about the Countess and Luann.  They are the same person.

By the end of the Reunion I think what was discovered is that you really can't tell someone how they should feel or their feelings are wrong because you want to get your way or have your behavior excused.  Ramona learned she has to learn to at least fake feelings for other people.

LuAnn said that to Carole when Carole first told her about Adam. In fact, they both expressed that their friendship meant more to them than Carole dating Adam.  LOL, Even LuAnn admits to having a "Countess" side to her.

Your saying about not telling someone they "can't" feel a certain way, goes both ways here though, not just to Carole but also to LuAnn. JS

• Love 4

Nahhhh, LuAnn doesn't have anything or she would have exposed it on twitter this season. LuAnn held nothing back in her tweets and she came hard for both Carole and Heather. Also, Heather told her "Go ahead, Let's talk about it" twice and LuAnn backed down so fast it was comical. LuAnn was just trying , as someone else pointed out, a Kim R move and it failed just miserably for her as it did Kim. LOL

Yep! Exactly!

• Love 4

Maybe we'll see that in next week's "Secrets" episode (or not).   I don't remember the source of the ghostwriter story.  Do we know it really happened?  

No. All of a sudden a blogger wrote they had an "inside source" that said LuAnn claimed that Carole's ex SIL was the REAL GW for her first book at the reunion. Then about a week later it was the same blogger that claimed Carole threatened Andy to cut that footage out of the reunion "or else". LOL For all that anyone knows, it never happened and was nothing more than a nasty rumor used to garner support for LuAnn and/or to get Aviva back into the news and nothing more. In none of the nasty tweets from LuAnn to Carole before the reunion did she ever say she had something big that she was going to reveal at the reunion, or even that she had something big ON Carole. The only one that has "retweeted" this is Aviva from what I have seen on their twitter pages. LOL IMO, it was a desperate attempt to get Aviva in the "press" and nothing more. LOL

• Love 5

I'm curious how "bad" was it supposed to be? I mean the situation in and of itself is "bad" enough from jump. Hooking up with castmates/friends, nieces much younger ex.... I mean, that in itself didn't warrant an "official sit down, time set aside, let's make sure we are good over this" pow wow? Was there supposed to be some dramatic, Scarlette O'Hara performance to be hand in order to commit to having an in depth, sensitive and COMPLETE conversation over the matter? I guess so cause it was danced around until twitter wars.  

Carole was the one that inserted herself into an awkward, messy position in Lu's life so I do think it was more on Carole to address and clear the air over the matter and continue to do so until it was address, if not satisfactorily, then at least completely. But it hung in the air the whole season and I found that to be in such bad taste. Create a ripple and pretend it's not getting bigger because a public service announcement isn't made about it? The tone of the situation itself isn't ambiguous at all. Nah, Carole's, ignore it and it'll go away approach didn't wash for me as well as her playing dumb approach so she doesn't get a pass from me. No matter how badly Lu played her hand.

• Love 6

I feel exactly the same way. 

I quite enjoyed this last part of the reunion. I laughed, I got a little teary, I got angry, I got over it and mentally hugged it out with the women. A+.

• Love 7

Did anyone notice that Sonja was wearing that same gold dress at the reunion and several of her talking heads? She did mention it was part of her line, so I'm assuming it she wore it again to promote her clothes. It was just strange because she wore her hair EXACTLY the same way too. Of couse, people wear the hair the same, but it was kind of a specific updo. Not to mention, Sonja usually styles her hair in a lot more various ways than the other women. It was really noticable when they did the clip package about her clothing line and they showed the talking heads wearing that dress. Then when the clip package was finished, they cut right to Sonja wearing the same dress and hairstyle.

• Love 4

IMO I believe Carole is/was in lust with Dick...I mean Adam and her feelings and enjoyment from him temporarily blocked any concerns LuAnn/or anyone else may have implied. A 50-year old woman and 30-year old guy living together almost immediately after they meet tells the story. She may not like to be hugged or kissed, but Adam seems to have melted her wick, lol.

282D07B400000578-3063015-image-a-56_1430

Edited by talula
  • Love 5

I feel exactly the same way.

I quite enjoyed this last part of the reunion. I laughed, I got a little teary, I got angry, I got over it and mentally hugged it out with the women. A+.

" It was better than Cats!"

• Love 7

I think that being a part of the Real Housewives franchise requires a little more than just being a 'famewhore' which of course they all are. I think that each of them all exhibit a true narcissistic personality. There's a vast difference between someone like likes attention and fame and a true narcissist. Narcissistic traits are the source of self-love/value and self-empowerment. Everyone has the traits found in narcissism at some level. It is only when the trait becomes pathological that it becomes detrimental to those people close to the narcissist.

Here are some traits that a narcissist exhibits. See if any or all of the Housewives of Anywhere match up personality-wise.

A narcissist typically requires:

Excessive attention (likes to be at the center of a discussion)

Likes to be admired by others and presents an excessively positive image of himself or herself to others in order to secure that admiration

Subservience from others, especially those who are close or work for them

A narcissist often criticises or vilifies others but hates it when others criticise him or her; they are hypercritical of others, yet hypersensitive to criticism.

A narcissist likes to receive praise from others but often dislikes to hear other people being praised.

A narcissist likes to ask favours of others but dislikes it when others ask too many favours of him or her. They may make a huge production out of doing the smallest favours for others, even when they didn't really go out of their way to do the favor itself.

A narcissist can be dishonest, but at the same time is a master of disguise and can lie very convincingly

A narcissist thinks that he or she is entitled to special privileges or special treatment.

A narcissist is inter-personally exploitative and takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends, without regard for how their choices might effect others. They will justify this by saying that they did it 'for their own good' or by some 'end justifies the means' rationalization.

A narcissist has little or no empathy and is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

A lack of genuine empathy (e.g. feeling genuinely sad when seeing other people being sad) is a key aspect of pathological narcissism.

A narcissist is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

A narcissist often has an arrogant affect (haughty behaviours or attitudes).

In my opinion, they each fit the criteria for having a genuine personality disorder. They aren't merely fame and publicty seekers.

While reading this very disturbing list the one person who kept popping into my head was Vicki from OC. 

• Love 9

I'm curious how "bad" was it supposed to be? I mean the situation in and of itself is "bad" enough from jump. Hooking up with castmates/friends, nieces much younger ex.... I mean, that in itself didn't warrant an "official sit down, time set aside, let's make sure we are good over this" pow wow? Was there supposed to be some dramatic, Scarlette O'Hara performance to be hand in order to commit to having an in depth, sensitive and COMPLETE conversation over the matter? I guess so cause it was danced around until twitter wars.  

Carole was the one that inserted herself into an awkward, messy position in Lu's life so I do think it was more on Carole to address and clear the air over the matter and continue to do so until it was address, if not satisfactorily, then at least completely. But it hung in the air the whole season and I found that to be in such bad taste. Create a ripple and pretend it's not getting bigger because a public service announcement isn't made about it? The tone of the situation itself isn't ambiguous at all. Nah, Carole's, ignore it and it'll go away approach didn't wash for me as well as her playing dumb approach so she doesn't get a pass from me. No matter how badly Lu played her hand.

What? "Carole was the one that inserted herself into an awkward, messy position in Lu's life"???  If LuAnn felt awkward or messy being around Adam why did SHE hire him too cook for her that night?  Nicole and Adam broke up months and months before that, so she couldn't have been upset at him at all IMO. AND if LuAnn felt that awkward around him, why didn't she say anything to Carole who was all cozy with Adam at her house right from the start? I am not buying that she didn't want to say anything on camera because the HWs spent the night at her house AFTER the cameras left. LOL  Sensing that LuAnn was upset should have prompted Carole to have a talk with her off mic/camera but that holds true for LuAnn as well and that LuAnn was the one making the claim that she was upset and placed in an awkward position she should have contacted Carole right away or at least right after she talked with Nicole. It is not like Carole and Adam were seeing each other for months behind LuAnn's back, it was only 8 days before Carole talked to LuAnn. 8days, time enough to see if this would be more than a hookup situation, which, IMO,  LuAnn would not have cared if that was all it was, a hookup. Which I find weird.

• Love 9

What? "Carole was the one that inserted herself into an awkward, messy position in Lu's life"???  If LuAnn felt awkward or messy being around Adam why did SHE hire him too cook for her that night?  Nicole and Adam broke up months and months before that, so she couldn't have been upset at him at all IMO. AND if LuAnn felt that awkward around him, why didn't she say anything to Carole who was all cozy with Adam at her house right from the start? I am not buying that she didn't want to say anything on camera because the HWs spent the night at her house AFTER the cameras left. LOL  Sensing that LuAnn was upset should have prompted Carole to have a talk with her off mic/camera but that holds true for LuAnn as well and that LuAnn was the one making the claim that she was upset and placed in an awkward position she should have contacted Carole right away or at least right after she talked with Nicole. It is not like Carole and Adam were seeing each other for months behind LuAnn's back, it was only 8 days before Carole talked to LuAnn. 8days, time enough to see if this would be more than a hookup situation, which, IMO,  LuAnn would not have cared if that was all it was, a hookup. Which I find weird.

Yes, when you decide to date the much younger ex of a friend/close co workers family member you create a possible sticky situation in their lives as well as whatever relationship you have with them. Not saying she couldn't if she wanted to but my God. I didn't say Lu felt awkward around Adam before the Carole hookup. I'm saying that by Carole deciding to insert herself into that dynamic in the manner that she was inserting herself she was the one that tilted the situation. Her actions (as well as Adams) created a shift in the picture as a whole. Carole had her own connection to Lu, Lu has an already established connection to her niece and Adam, Carole decides to create another connection within that dynamic that will obviously affect all connections in some way shape or form. Lu didn't choose to have this awkwardness happen under her nose and to a part of her family. It happened outside of her control by the decisions of others so yeah I do see where she would expect to receive some sort of meaningful communication regarding this pretty uncomfortable development that first begins and is initiated within the vicinity of her home/life/family by close people in her life.

I mean is this really rocket science or am I just advanced for my age? I just find it mind boggling how ridiculously complicated some find this logic. I mean even Carole, after a whole season of pretending she didn't get what was at the crux of it all admitted to having enough information for it, to at the very least, not be confusing and yet we still want to believe that Carole didn't have a clue? The woman herself said she did. And in my mind she confirmed just how in tune she was with the potential impact it would have when she was having her coy conversation regarding telling Lu. Even the other ladies Carole told reacted in the know with regards to how delicate this may well be. Come on..

• Love 15

That was so beautiful.  Watching Ramona drift off to sleep and then softly and sensually admit to it.  Fuck, that woman is special.  And obviously Carol is amazing and Bethenny has a new necklace.  Love these girls right now.

• Love 7

From the recap:

"LuAnn, having copped to her part in the incident, adopts a sarcastically congenial tone that sounds strangely like Vito Corleone and tells Heather, "What I don't understand is how you can come into my room with a camera. You're my girlfriend." Heather, baffled by this weird delivery, imitates LuAnn's tone and sarcastically apologizes. Then, Sonja, queen of nonsense, mistakes this dialogue as genuine and encourages LuAnn to make her way to the other couch and hug it out with Heather. AND THEN LUANN DOES JUST THAT. This is the same woman who cut off all communication with Heather for three months, wrote a dis track about her, and declared, five minutes prior, that she was "done with her forever." Heather announces that she's "so happy, [she] could throw up," and then embraces LuAnn like a long-lost sister."

Yaaaaas. This is what I'm talking about. This was one of the most ridiculous/glorious things I've seen unfold on my television screen. The way it started, how it evolved, the "I'm not sure I"m ready for you yet, Radzi." All of it. Bless you, ladies. Bless you.

Except for you Doris. I'm done with you.

• Love 8

Yes, when you decide to date the much younger ex of a friend/close co workers family member you create a possible sticky situation in their lives as well as whatever relationship you have with them. Not saying she couldn't if she wanted to but my God. I didn't say Lu felt awkward around Adam before the Carole hookup. I'm saying that by Carole deciding to insert herself into that dynamic in the manner that she was inserting herself she was the one that tilted the situation. Her actions (as well as Adams) created a shift in the picture as a whole. Carole had her own connection to Lu, Lu has an already established connection to her niece and Adam, Carole decides to create another connection within that dynamic that will obviously affect all connections in some way shape or form. Lu didn't choose to have this awkwardness happen under her nose and to a part of her family. It happened outside of her control by the decisions of others so yeah I do see where she would expect to receive some sort of meaningful communication regarding this pretty uncomfortable development that first begins and is initiated within the vicinity of her home/life/family by close people in her life.

I mean is this really rocket science or am I just advanced for my age? I just find it mind boggling how ridiculously complicated some find this logic. I mean even Carole, after a whole season of pretending she didn't get what was at the crux of it all admitted to having enough information for it, to at the very least, not be confusing and yet we still want to believe that Carole didn't have a clue? The woman herself said she did. And in my mind she confirmed just how in tune she was with the potential impact it would have when she was having her coy conversation regarding telling Lu. Even the other ladies Carole told reacted in the know with regards to how delicate this may well be. Come on..

Your statement was...."Carole was the one that inserted herself into an awkward, messy position in Lu's life" which read, to me, that LuAnn was already in an awkward/messy situation with Adam/Nicole and not that Carole caused an awkward/messy situation in LuAnn's life and there is a difference IMO. Carole denies that she knew about Adam dating Nicole when they first started dating and that he did tell her that they broke up a year before when he did tell her. I don't think Carole would have even gone out with him had she known and LuAnn could have filled her in the night they met but she failed to tell anyone as well. There is blame all around and not just on Carole. LuAnn finally, after prodding by ALL the HWs that she should have spoken to Carole from the onset at her house and Carole admitted that she should have spoken to LuAnn because she sensed that LuAnn was not happy. You think it should have been Carole from the get go and I believe that it should have been LuAnn. I believe it should have been LuAnn because she knew both sides, whereas Carole was only knew what Adam told her, just 1 side. Agree to disagree.

• Love 3

They also didn't include Luann lunging at Carole (we even saw pics of her stood up) either.

I think those pictures were intentionally misleading.  The pictures we saw of LuAnn standing were from the very end of the Reunion Part III when she stood up and walked across to hug Heather.

LuAnn%20Reunion2_zpsmpriiqon.jpg

• Love 4

IMO I believe Carole is/was in lust with Dick...I mean Adam and her feelings and enjoyment from him temporarily blocked any concerns LuAnn/or anyone else may have implied. A 50-year old woman and 30-year old guy living together almost immediately after they meet tells the story. She may not like to be hugged or kissed, but Adam seems to have melted her wick, lol.

282D07B400000578-3063015-image-a-56_1430

Agreed! Niece aside I also think Lu was uber annoyed because in the beginning it's obvious that Carole's need for dick overshadows any real complications that may arise over getting an itch scratched. I mean to be honest my SIL, flirt, one of those wanna be the hot one in a room full of people met my nephew at my sons birthday party that my sister threw at her house and I found out afterwards that she had been sexting my nephew after that. Boy was I pissed. Hey, me and her would go clubbing and we both knew how to party and I know what she's about so when I found out she crossed that line with my nephew I was pissed. He was 25 she was almost 40 and all she wanted was the attention and wanted to know that a twenty something year old was lusting after her. Basically using him for attention and had it turned into something more intimate it would NOT have been all easy breezy and at the very least there definitely would have had to be some sort of delicate discussion had. I mean quite honestly lusting after some dick or wanting to be able to claim that a twenty something year old thinks your hot enough to bang, to me, isn't enough to create such an awkward situation within such close relationships. I think at first Lu was thinking leave such skanky behavior at the club when we all chill or when you chill on your own time. Don't go getting messy at MY front door with people who I care about. Totally understandable.

When it starting turning into an actual relationship then the other messy angle was her nieces feelings. I can totally get why it was annoying to Lu at different times, on different levels and for different reasons. Just messy messy messy and all Carole could do was giggle and shrug about the whole thing for the most part. Plus Carole was obviously self conscious AND sensitive about the whole thing which leads me to believe that she understood good and well that things weren't gummy bear, goofy, aw schucks, hunky dorey with the whole damn thing. Blah. Yuck. Grimey as all get out.

• Love 10

Your statement was...."Carole was the one that inserted herself into an awkward, messy position in Lu's life" which read, to me, that LuAnn was already in an awkward/messy situation with Adam/Nicole and not that Carole caused an awkward/messy situation in LuAnn's life and there is a difference IMO. Carole denies that she knew about Adam dating Nicole when they first started dating and that he did tell her that they broke up a year before when he did tell her. I don't think Carole would have even gone out with him had she known and LuAnn could have filled her in the night they met but she failed to tell anyone as well. There is blame all around and not just on Carole. LuAnn finally, after prodding by ALL the HWs that she should have spoken to Carole from the onset at her house and Carole admitted that she should have spoken to LuAnn because she sensed that LuAnn was not happy. You think it should have been Carole from the get go and I believe that it should have been LuAnn. I believe it should have been LuAnn because she knew both sides, whereas Carole was only knew what Adam told her, just 1 side. Agree to disagree.

Women tend to be in the know when they want to be. All season Carole reeked of a woman who DECIDED she wasn't in the know but actually was which is why I find fault in Carole's position. Lu never hid the fact that it was an comfortable situation for her whereas Carole feigned confusion or exaggerated her "confusion" over the matter to avoid addressing it head on and sincerely. That's what I call BS on. Lu may not have screamed bloody murder but it was no secret and it was no secret that Carole wasn't really jumping at the idea of hashing it out with the Countess in the manner it deserved. I'm not surprised that Lu didn't even bother going any further than her digs and jabs. After she initially announced it I got the impression that Carole wasn't going to give much more thought any opinion that went against her getting to bang a 20 something year old so I'm not surprised Lu never really bothered to get into it after that.

• Love 3

As many of you pointed out, it is baffling how LuAnn claims to worry about Noel, but is herself not willing to adjust her behavior for his benefit.

I wonder if Noel's friends give him grief about his mom.

Oh, I bet Noel's friends think Lu is a MILF, and who knows, maybe they have.

• Love 8

And Adam, the chef, is not to blame for hooking up with Nicole one day to moving in with Carole the next. According to LuAnn, Adam was still playing hide the sausage with Nicole at the time he met Carole. It was after he was with Carole that he finally cut the strings with Nicole. Was he stringing Nicole along (she worked for his not-for-profit) till he met someone who could do more for his career? Well, looks like Nicole's aunt gave him a spot on her international TV show, but Carole can help him write a book and introduce him to her influential friends. IMO Adam had not broken up with Nicole a year ago...he lied to Carole.

Carole is getting what she wants from Adam at the moment...it's a quid pro quo for her.

• Love 6

I'm confused, granted English is not my first language. I don't really care about the Lu/Carole/Adam threesome, but whatever, I'm bored waiting for son to finish swim therapy.

So some are saying that Carole was so dickmatized that she didn't care what Lu thought, she was going to get that dick, no matter whatever happened to her friendship? And Lu is upset that it became a relationship and not just a hookup? Would Lu been fine with just a hook up? That would not have bothered her or the niece? OK??? I guess I just don't believe Lu gives a shit about Carole or Adam. Lu saw the flirty meeting that weekend if Nicole was still hung up on Adam, Lu should have squashed it then and there. Then, Carole would come off as a complete shady friend.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

I'm confused, granted English is not my first language. I don't really care about the Lu/Carole/Adam threesome, but whatever, I'm bored waiting for son to finish swim therapy.

So some are some saying that Carole was so dickmatized that she didn't care what Lu thought, she was going to get that dick, no matter whatever happened to her friendship? And Lu is upset that it became a relationship and not just a hookup? Would Lu been fine with just a hook up? That would not have bothered her or the niece? OK??? I guess I just don't believe Lu gives a shit about Carole or Adam. Lu saw the flirty meeting that weekend if Nicole was still hung up on Adam, Lu should have squashed it then and there. Then, Carole would come off as a complete shady friend.

LOL At Ramona's party/Finale and again at the reunion, LuAnn actually said that one should only "hook up" with 20 something's and not get into a relationship with them. Yes, I do think LuAnn would have been Ok with Carole hooking up with Adam instead of actually dating him and that is confusing to me as well. LOL

• Love 4

LuAnn is lucky her niece, Nicole, got away from Adam, her social climber former boy friend. IMO, LuAnn should be thankful to Carole for flushing this guy out and saving her niece from future heartbreak.

• Love 4

If anyone else is wondering (as I was) about the Halston dress that Ramona 'stole' from Bethenny's show, here it is. Personally, I expected it to be much nicer and was a little surprised to find the photo of her with Avery in what I think is a pretty mundane looking dress.

ramona-singer-stolen-dress-bethenny-fran

• Love 9

I wonder if Ramona's ever done waist/tummy lipo or that bs with lasers that Kim Zolciak did in ATL (I have no hate for Kim doing that, because wasn't she eating junk food AS she was getting lasered?  Hilarious.)  I swear I am not body snarking Ramona, she is incredibly fit and lucky to have very young-looking skin, but she carries any junk in her tum-tum and she's very, very vain, so I've wondered.

What a shameless ho she is.  "Here I am in my dress, aren't I pretty??"  It didn't fucking belong to her.  That's the point. 

I also think she's likely to get slightly competitive with Avery in terms of dress size and looks as Avery leaves girlhood behind completely.  I don't think Bethenny's the only lunatic on that tip in this group - I bet Sexy J is going to have a similar issue too, especially if her finances get really tight on her again.  I cannot imagine that of LuAnn or Heather, though, and doubt it of Dorinda.

• Love 6

That was so beautiful.  Watching Ramona drift off to sleep and then softly and sensually admit to it.  Fuck, that woman is special.  And obviously Carol is amazing and Bethenny has a new necklace.  Love these girls right now.

I wanna know what drugs she was on because she was darn right gracious, funny and self aware all evening. (well mostly)

• Love 9

I agree that Heather probably has more on Luann.  But I think Lu's got something.  And Lu has less to lose if Heather exposed it all.  If Heather is leaving by her own volition, I think it's because she figures that the risk and the bullshit aren't worth it.  Smart.

I think that Heather (and Beth) can maintain a crafted appearance on the show.  That they want people to see.  Like how Beth figured out how to diss Jason without getting sued or in trouble legally with her divorce from what it looked like on the reunion.  I've no doubt that *anyone* who appears on the show has some dirt.  Heather can have a lesser pile but it still doesn't mean it's not juicy.  It was like Heather and Lu were playing chicken, Lu just had more to lose and caved first.  Doesn't mean the dirt is gone and won't come out at some point.  

• Love 4
OMG - STFU Beth and STFU Andy with asking Beth for her opinion on almost every topic.

He asked someone else a question, and then literally turned to Beth and said, "What do you think about that?" And she got to chime in on every subject whethr it had to do with her or not.

• Love 14

The Halston dress is cute but it's nothing special and definitely not the right color for Ramona. It would probably look better on Bethenny because she's a brunette.

• Love 5